World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING - Page 2 Empty Re: KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING

Post  Admin on Sun 06 Sep 2020, 7:16 pm

[size=40]Truth in All Things[/size]

Trust in him at all times.
Psalm 62:8

Faith is the rule of both temporal as well as spiritual life; we ought to have faith in God for our earthly affairs as well as for our heavenly business. It is only as we learn to trust in God for the supply of our daily needs that we will live above the world. We are not to be idle; that would show we did not trust in God, who is always working, but in the devil, who is the father of laziness. We are not to be hasty or rash; that would be to trust chance rather than the living God, who is a God of economy and order. Acting sensibly and honestly, we must rely simply and entirely on the Lord all the time.
Let me commend to you a life of trust in God in secular things. Trusting in God, you will not be compelled to mourn as a result of using sinful means to grow rich. Serve God with integrity, and if you are unsuccessful, at least sin will not lie upon your conscience. Trusting God, you will be free from self-contradiction. The one who trusts in craftiness, sails this way today and that way tomorrow, like a sailboat tossed about by the fickle wind; but the one who trusts in the Lord is like a powerful boat cutting through the waves, defying the wind, and making one bright silvery straightforward track to her desired haven. Be courageous as you act on principle; do not bow to the varying customs of worldly wisdom.
Walk on the path of integrity with confidence, and show that you are invincibly strong in the strength that confidence in God alone confers. In this way you will be delivered from anxious care; you will be untroubled by evil tidings, and your heart will be fixed, trusting in the Lord. How pleasant to float along on the stream of providence! There is no more blessed way of living than a life of dependence upon a covenant-keeping God. We do not need to worry because He cares for us; we do not need to carry burdens because He invites us to cast them upon Him.

[size=15][size=21]John 14:13-14[/size]
Have you ever wondered why we pray if God already knows everything? What do our prayers accomplish?
First, communicating with God connects His Spirit and ours. A relationship can’t survive if the two parties don’t speak with each other.
Second, God communicates His will to His children through prayer. If we’re seeking to please Him, then we will pray with an open heart and mind. In turn, the Lord impresses upon us the desire to ask Him for those things He wants to bring into our life.
Third, communing with God gives us the opportunity to participate in His kingdom on earth. As we learn to trust Him for answers, He gives us greater tasks in prayer. The Lord will burden our heart to pray for the salvation of a friend, people suffering from a natural disaster, or the state of our nation. When we see an answer, whether it’s big or small, we will know He blessed us by including us in the process.
God calls on His children to pray, because He wants us involved in His work. What a privilege for us to freely go before our Father and know that He is interested in what we have to say. In fact, He is pleased when we ask Him to meet our needs or the needs of someone else. And if we are praying according to His will, He answers every time.

[/size]
[size=31]Are You Ever Troubled?[/size]
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you…  JOHN 14:27
There are times in our lives when our peace is based simply on our own ignorance. But when we are awakened to the realities of life, true inner peace is impossible unless it is received from Jesus. When our Lord speaks peace, He creates peace, because the words that He speaks are always “spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). Have I ever received what Jesus speaks? “…My peace I give to you…”— a peace that comes from looking into His face and fully understanding and receiving His quiet contentment.
Are you severely troubled right now? Are you afraid and confused by the waves and the turbulence God sovereignly allows to enter your life? Have you left no stone of your faith unturned, yet still not found any well of peace, joy, or comfort? Does your life seem completely barren to you? Then look up and receive the quiet contentment of the Lord Jesus. Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him. If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself. Allowing anything to hide the face of Jesus Christ from you either causes you to become troubled or gives you a false sense of security.
With regard to the problem that is pressing in on you right now, are you “looking unto Jesus” (Hebrews 12:2) and receiving peace from Him? If so, He will be a gracious blessing of peace exhibited in and through you. But if you only try to worry your way out of the problem, you destroy His effectiveness in you, and you deserve whatever you get. We become troubled because we have not been taking Him into account. When a person confers with Jesus Christ, the confusion stops, because there is no confusion in Him. Lay everything out before Him, and when you are faced with difficulty, bereavement, and sorrow, listen to Him say, “Let not your heart be troubled…” (John 14:27). From My Utmost for His Highest Updated Edition
Bible in One Year: Psalms 119:89-176; 1 Corinthians 8
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 05 Sep 2020, 10:23 pm

keith hobkirk totallylovedbygod59@yahoo.com [Jesusforall]
Unsubscribe

Sat, Sep 5 at 6:43 AM

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
Some people work as if there was a secrecy to their job that does not allow them to know what they are doing. 

KISS THE SON  
"And we declare to you glad tidings — that promise which was made to the fathers. GOD has fulfilled this for us their children, in that HEhas raised up MESSIAH Y’SHUA. As it is also written in the Second Psalm— YOU are MY SON, today I have begotten YOU." [Acts 13. 32 - 33] 

The HOLY SPIRIT OF THE LORD, through the psalmist David promised that one day the SON OF GOD would rise from the dead — the "first born from the dead." [Colossians 1. 18] Therefore, the GOOD NEWS OF THE GOSPELdefinitely was preached in the OLD COVENANT. The LORD Y’SHUA even quoted Psalm 110:1 to prove HIS OWN deity [Matthew 22:43, 45] and Psalm 82:6[John 10:34-36] to uphold and support HIS claims. 

This particular passage in the Book of Acts teaches another truth that is often overlooked. By identifying the Second Psalm as such, the writer(through the FAITHFUL COMFORTER) tells us that the chapter divisions of the Book of Psalms were there by DIVINE INSTRUCTION from the beginning. Since each of the Psalms is a poem, it shows obvious verse divisions. It is not surprising then, that we can find many remarkable examples of plans and design from our marvelous CREATOR GOD in the very structure of HIS PRECIOUS WRITTEN WORD. 

Psalm 2, speaking of the ANOINTED ONE, is the first of the MESSIANICPsalms, but actually, the LORD Y’SHUA and HIS GOSPEL OF SALVATION are clearly present in each of the 150 Psalms. "Kiss the SON, give reverential respect, lest HE be angered, and your way be doomed in the mere flash of HIS anger. Blessed are all who take refuge in HIM." [Psalms(Tehillym) 2. 12 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "Faithfulness, mercy and truth meet; righteousness and peace kiss. Truth shall spring up from the earth, justice looks down from heaven." [Psalms (Tehillym) 85. 10 - 11 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "He who gives a right answer is as though he kissed the lips."[Proverbs (Mishle) 24. 26 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

The Hebrew word "nashaq" could be translated as "kiss, touch, equip withweapons or rule." When we allow Y’SHUA ha'MASHIACH to be THE RULER of our lives, we unite with HIM in every aspect of our being. HE is the GREAT &MIGHTY GOD WHO goes before us and enjoins our lives. "Righteousness goes before HIM and HIS footsteps become our pathway." [Psalms (Tehillym)85. 13 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

"In HIS forbearance, GOD had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time HISrighteousness, that HE might be just and the JUSTIFIER of the one who has faith in MESSIAH Y’SHUA." [Romans 3. 25 - 26] When the LORDJESUS, the ALPHA & OMEGA, is the center of our lives, we are well equipped with all we need supplied, for HE is our REFUGE & STRENGTH and has also become our DELIVERANCE; a MIGHTY KING is HE and HE is ever faithful. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
”Eem eshkakhech Yerushalayim — If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither.” Psalms 137:5
 Toward YOU alone, SOVEREIGN LORD GOD, is my desire, and all my thoughts are turned to YOU. My mind and my heart cling to YOU and thank and praise YOU for YOUR many gifts of grace. Therefore, with trembling reverence I place my body and soul, my spiritual life on the flaming altar of devotion, as an offering to YOU, the ONLY ONE WHO’S supreme greatness no mind can conceive or be sufficiently grateful. There is peace, rest, and unending happiness in the wonderful light of YOUR PRESENCE. Thank YOU LORD, for being my REFUGE.

The Rainbow

Storms always come in the spring of life,

There's always a struggle and dealings with strife,

There's always some searching and quite a few tears...

But no storm can last forever, dear.

You will be proud when you look back

That you made it through...still intact...

For the clouds will break and the sun come through

And God will shine a rainbow for you!

Poetry copyrighted by

Joan Clifton Costner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 04 Sep 2020, 9:34 pm

GREAT QUOTES on REVIVAL

"I believe there is no doctrine more dangerous to the Church today
than to convey the impression that a revival is something peculiar
in itself and cannot be judged by the same rules of causes and
effect as other things."
- Billy Sunday

"Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but
believe that there were some among you who would go home and
pray for a revival - men whose faith is large enough, and their love
fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing
intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous
things here, as in the times of former generations."
~ Charles Spurgeon

"A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out
the spirit of worldliness and selfishness, and making God and His
love triumph in the heart and life."
-Andrew Murray

"The coming revival must begin with a great revival of prayer. It is
in the closet, with the door shut, that the sound of abundance of
rain will first be heard. An increase of secret prayer with ministers
will be the sure harbinger of blessing."
-Andrew Murray

"When is a revival needed? When carelessness and unconcern
keep the people asleep."  - Billy Sunday

"Trying to run a church without revivals can be done when you
can run a gasoline engine on buttermilk." - Billy Sunday

"Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict
determined to win or die-or if need be, to win and die! The kingdom
of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."
-Charles Finney

"When Holy God draws near in true revival, people come under
terrible conviction of sin. The outstanding feature of spiritual
awakening has been the profound consciousness of the Presence
and holiness of God."
-Henry Blackaby

Prepared for Persecution!  John 16:1-4
Text:  “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.  Thou therefore (a conclusion) endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.”
2 Timothy 2:2-3.

Good morning, well prepared Christian!  When the ever-present persecution promised to you and to me comes - are we ready to endure it; learn from it; and grow stronger as a consequence of it?  Praise God for well prepared Christians!
“Yea, and ALL that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.  But continue thou in the things which thou has learned and been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them.”  (2 Timothy 3:12-14)
The words Jesus taught His disciples in the opening verses of John Chapter 16 must have brought great fear and dread to their all too fallible hearts.  However, the Lord Jesus deemed this teaching most necessary to the well-being of His initial followers whom He was about to leave here on earth.
The lessons Jesus taught His initial disciples are still most necessary for ’end times’ Christians today.  We do well to learn these lessons again.
First, the Lord Jesus explains His reason for revealing such hard truths to His followers - ‘…that ye should not be offended…’, or too deeply upset. (V.1)
What Christ then prophesied must have made the disciples’ hearts shiver with dread:  “They shall put you out of the synagogues; yea, the time cometh that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God a service.”  (V.2)
We do well to acquaint ourselves with the knowledge of how Christ’s disciples died.  We latter-day Christians must also be well prepared for such possibilities.  Be prepared, dear friend, there are bad times coming.  There are very bad times coming real soon!  Be prepared!
Do You Know How the Disciples Died?
1.  Matthew:  Suffered martyrdom in Ethiopia - killed by a sword wound.
2.  Mark:  Died in Alexandria, Egypt, after being dragged by horses through the streets until he was dead.
3.  Luke:  Was hanged in Greece as a result of his tremendous preaching to the lost.
4.  John:    Faced martyrdom when he was boiled in huge basin of boiling oil during a wave of persecution in Rome.  However, he was miraculously delivered from death.  John was then sentenced to the mines on the prison island of Patmos.  He wrote his prophetic Book of Revelation on Patmos . The apostle John was later freed and returned to serve as Bishop of Edessa in modern Turkey . He died as an old man, the only apostle to die peacefully.
5.  Peter:  He was crucified upside down on an x-shaped cross.  According to church tradition it was because he told his tormentors that he felt unworthy to die in the same way that Jesus Christ had died.
6.  James (the Just):    The leader of the church in Jerusalem, was thrown over a hundred feet down from the southeast pinnacle of the Temple when he refused to deny his faith in Christ. When they discovered that he survived the fall, his enemies beat James to death with a fuller's club.
7.  James (the Great):  The son of Zebedee, was a fisherman by trade when Jesus called him to a lifetime of ministry.  As a strong leader of the church, James was ultimately beheaded at Jerusalem.  (Tradition teaches that the Roman officer who guarded James watched amazed as James defended his faith at his trial. Later, the officer walked beside James to the place of execution. Overcome by conviction, he declared his new faith to the judge and knelt beside James to accept beheading as a Christian.)
8.  Bartholomew:  Also known as Nathaniel was a missionary to Asia.  He witnessed for our Lord in present day Turkey.  Bartholomew was martyred for his preaching in Armenia where he was flayed to death by a whip.
9.  Andrew:   Was crucified on an x-shaped cross in Patras, Greece.  After being whipped severely by seven soldiers they tied his body to the cross with cords to prolong his agony.  His followers reported that, when he was led toward the cross, Andrew saluted it in these words: “I have long desired and expected this happy hour.  The cross has been consecrated by the body of Christ hanging on it.”  He continued to preach to his tormentors for two days until he expired.
10.  Thomas:   Was stabbed with a spear in India during one of his missionary trips to establish the church in the sub-continent.
11.  Jude:  Was killed with arrows when he refused to deny his faith in Christ.
12.  Matthias:  The apostle chosen to replace the traitor Judas Iscariot, was stoned and then beheaded.
13.  Paul:    Was tortured and then beheaded by the evil Emperor Nero at Rome in A...D. 67.  Paul endured a lengthy imprisonment, which allowed him to write his many epistles to the churches he had formed throughout the Roman Empire. These letters, which taught many of the foundational doctrines of Christianity, form a large portion of the New Testament.
Thought:  We talk the talk - but are we prepared to walk the walk?  Lord, help us!
[size]

Ulster Christians
www.ulsterchristians.org
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 02 Sep 2020, 7:26 pm

"The Greatest Courtship Ever"

French writer Julien Green has described God's seeking us in love, as a "thread" that runs throughout the Bible. After Eve and Adam sinned, God could have given up on mankind, banished us from His Holy presence forever. But He wants us with Him, and He had already provided for our forgiveness, from the beginning.

Rev 13:8 (NRSV) "and all the inhabitants of the earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written from the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb that was slaughtered."

Moving to the Promised Land with the Israelites, we see that God certainly had ample opportunity to give up on them. They grumbled and disobeyed Him over and over. Yet over and over He gave them another chance. The beautiful story of Hosea and his prostitute wife show us God's incredible, unconditional love for His people.

Hosea 2:14-16 (NNAS) ""Therefore, behold, I will allure her, Bring her into the wilderness And speak kindly to her. Then I will give her her vineyards from there, And the valley of Achor as a door of hope. And she will sing there as in the days of her youth, As in the day when she came up from the land of Egypt. It will come about in that day," declares the LORD, "That you will call Me Ishi And will no longer call Me Baali.

Note the word that is used in verse 14 -- God "allured" Israel. He woos us. He loves us so much that even when we have been unfaithful to Him, He seeks us out. God showed us another beautiful depiction of His deep love for us in the parable of "the prodigal son."
Luke 15:20 (NNAS) ""So he got up and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion for him, and ran and embraced him and kissed him." "While he was still a long way off," the father ran to him. He met him on the way. The father did not let the son's sins keep separating them.

Nor did God let our sins separate us permanently from Him. He made an unthinkable sacrifice - the life of His only begotten Son - for our sakes. And He did this, knowing full well all the sins we would commit. He sought us out, provided a way to reconcile us to Himself.

Rom 5:8-10 (NNAS) "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him. For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life."

God's love for us is unconditional. He hates our sin. But oh how He loves us. No matter what we have done or will do, He loves us. He loves the serial murderer just as much as the nun. He loves us as much when we are at our worst, as when we are at our best. As Eugene Peterson paraphrases it in Psalm 118:1, "His love never quits." I think that's beyond our comprehension. But we need to think about it, meditate on it, thank Him for it, show our gratefulness for it.

If you are not as close to God as you want to be or used to be, pray to Him. He will meet you on the way, too. I hope and pray you all feel the embrace of His love.

Dear Lord, help us to better grasp Your unconditional love for us. And help us to live out our gratitude to You, and to reflect Your love, in our everyday lives. In Jesus' name amen.

[size=32]Flourish Even in Drought[/size]

Can reeds flourish where there is no water?
Job 8:11

[size=18]The reed is spongy and hollow, and so is a hypocrite; there is no substance or stability in him. It is shaken back and forth in every wind, just as the outwardly religious yield to every influence; for this reason the reed is not broken by the storm, neither are hypocrites called to face persecution. I would not willingly be a deceiver or be deceived; perhaps the text for today may help me to test myself to see whether I am a hypocrite or not.
The reed by nature lives in water and owes its very existence to the mire and moisture in which it has taken root; let the water drain away, and the reed withers very quickly. Its greenness is absolutely dependent upon circumstances; a continuous supply of water makes it flourish, and a drought destroys it at once.
Is this my case? Do I only serve God when I am in good company or when faith is profitable and respectable? Do I love the Lord only when I am enjoying comforts from His hands? If so I am just a hypocrite, and like the withering reed, I will perish when death deprives me of outward joys.
But can I honestly maintain that when there have been few bodily comforts, and my surroundings have been adverse to grace rather than at all helpful to it, I have still maintained my integrity? Then I have hope that there is genuine vital godliness in me.
The reed cannot grow without water, but the Lord's plants can and do flourish even when there is a drought. A godly man often grows best when his worldly circumstances are daunting. He who follows Christ for money is a Judas; those who follow for loaves and fishes are children of the devil; but those who stay close out of love to Himself are His own beloved ones. Lord, let me find my life in You, and not in the shifting sands of this world's favor or gain.

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 31 Aug 2020, 11:15 pm

GREAT QUOTES on REVIVAL

"I believe there is no doctrine more dangerous to the Church today
than to convey the impression that a revival is something peculiar
in itself and cannot be judged by the same rules of causes and
effect as other things."
- Billy Sunday

"Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but
believe that there were some among you who would go home and
pray for a revival - men whose faith is large enough, and their love
fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing
intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous
things here, as in the times of former generations."
~ Charles Spurgeon

"A true revival means nothing less than a revolution, casting out
the spirit of worldliness and selfishness, and making God and His
love triumph in the heart and life."
-Andrew Murray

"The coming revival must begin with a great revival of prayer. It is
in the closet, with the door shut, that the sound of abundance of
rain will first be heard. An increase of secret prayer with ministers
will be the sure harbinger of blessing."
-Andrew Murray

"When is a revival needed? When carelessness and unconcern
keep the people asleep."  - Billy Sunday

"Trying to run a church without revivals can be done when you
can run a gasoline engine on buttermilk." - Billy Sunday

"Revival comes from heaven when heroic souls enter the conflict
determined to win or die-or if need be, to win and die! The kingdom
of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force."
-Charles Finney

"When Holy God draws near in true revival, people come under
terrible conviction of sin. The outstanding feature of spiritual
awakening has been the profound consciousness of the Presence
and holiness of God."
-Henry Blackaby

[size=37]On My Knees[/size]

On my knees,

I reverence God.
How fortunate am I
To have the sacred privilege
To visit, in the sky...

To bring my needs to One Who cares,
To praise and worship true,
And listen well … discovering
The deeds He'd have me do

:copyright: Joan Clifton Costner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 31 Aug 2020, 1:00 am

raise God for the work of the Holy Spirit throughout this country!

Praise God for the powerful work of the Holy Spirit amongst many prisoners in many of the countries prisons.

A deep spiritual battle is happening in Argentina; please pray for deep spiritual hunger amongst people, and that their thirst and hunger would be satisfied by Christ.

Please continue to pray for unity and trust amongst pastors and church members.

Chaco Amerindians need much prayer. Please pray for the growth and maturing of a strong and vibrant church.

Please pray for:

Prison ministry; many become believers whilst in prison. Please pray that they are true believers when released.

The Jewish community of 200,000. Please pray...

The poor and the upper class: both need Christ. Please pray each community would have an encounter with the living God.

University and school students... the next generation. May they come under the sound of the Gospel.

Immigrants from surrounding countries, especially the Quechua and Aymara. Please pray the Church would reach out to them.

The small Chinese, Buddhist and Muslim communities.

Please pray for all means of sharing the Gospel through literature distribution, website/mobile phone outreach and the Jesus film.

Joshua Project

[size=16]https://joshuaproject.net/countries/AR[/size]

SERMONS

The mirror of eternity by Henry Law

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=880993195[/size]

Gods closing call by John MacDuff

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=103018053508[/size]

The flea flees by Alastait begg

[size=16]https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=821201556375223[/size]

Does this make you want to pray by John weaver

Does This Make You Want to..

Does This Make You Want to..

John Weaver | Trinity Free Presbyterian Church
[size]
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 29 Aug 2020, 10:48 pm

A Word In Due season

TESTED IN THE STORM

Scripture:  Mark 6:48   "... and Jesus would have passed them by."

Jesus told His disciples to get into the boat and go to the other side of the lake.  It was such a simple instruction, but while they were in the middle of the lake a great storm arose.  Jesus was still on the land and could see that the disciples were in serious trouble.  They were rowing as hard as they could while they struggled against the wind and the waves.  About three o'clock in the morning, Jesus walked toward them on the water and the scripture says that He would have passed them by but they took notice of Him.  His intent was to test their faith.

In their distress, the disciples cried out for help, but at the same time, they were fearful and wondered if they were seeing a ghost.  Jesus spoke three things to them, "Don't be afraid."  "Take courage!"  "I am here!"  When He got into their boat the winds immediately stopped.  The disciples were amazed at this miracle and His power.  Yet just before they had started across the lake, they had witnessed an awesome miracle as Jesus fed the five thousand people with only five loaves of bread and two fish.  The disciples had even participated in this great miracle by distributing the food amongst the people and then afterwards had gathered up the twelve baskets of leftovers.  Yet, even after seeing Jesus multiply the food, they still did not recognize His supernatural power and were amazed that He could walk on the water.

There are several things to take note of in this story.  First, just as Jesus saw the disciples in serious trouble, He sees your circumstances.  He watches you in the midst of the storm as you row and struggle against the winds and waves of adversity.  He knows that you are too far from the shore to get natural help and that your only way out is a supernatural miracle.  Second, Jesus walks towards you and hopes that you will call out to Him.  He wants to help you when you are sinking in a sea of financial problems.  He desires to get into the boat with you when your health is failing and to be your comfort when you are suffering grief.  The Lord wants to help you solve life's issues and restore your broken relationships.  He wants to rescue you from all danger.  He comes near to you and waits for you to call out to Him, but James 4:2 says, "You have not, because you ask not."

How many miracles have we missed because we failed to notice that Jesus was passing by?  He walked on the water toward us but we were too busy rowing and struggling within ourselves to recognize that we just needed Jesus to get into the boat with us.  His very presence in our situation would have calmed our storm.  Yet, we did not reach out for His help even though He said that He would always be there for us.  When we are tested in the storms of life, we need to remember Jesus' Words "Don't be afraid."  "Take courage!"  "I am here!"  Jesus passes our way all the time, let's be ready to call out to Him. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Aug 2020, 9:30 pm

A Word In Due Season

THE PLACE OF REST

Scripture:  Hebrews 3:10-11  "They always go astray in their hearts, and have not known My ways.  In My anger I swore, 'They shall not enter My rest.'"

God promised the Israelites a good and prosperous land that flowed with milk and honey.  He never said that this place would come easy or that there would be no battles.  This prosperous land that God was offering them would have to be possessed by their faith.  It was a sure gift, yet they never entered the Promised Land.  The results of their defeat were not because the battles were too great, but because their faith was too small.  They mixed God's Word with murmuring, complaining, and unbelief instead of mixing it with faith and obedience..

Faith is not something that you struggle with or work up in the natural.  It comes by supernatural impartation by the Holy Spirit as God speaks to your spirit.  Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.  However, many times you may have to face your own limitations and be real with God.  Like the man in Mark 9:24 who requested prayer and deliverance for his demon possessed son, you may have to tell God, "I believe, but please help my unbelief."  God is understanding and He will always be faithful to meet you at your personal point of faith.

All of God's promises to us rest in our faith and obedience to His Word.  He shows us the concept of faith in a natural seed.  You must let go completely when you plant a seed into the ground, leaving it there to rest for a long and dark season.  You cannot dig it up and analyze it every day to see if anything is happening.  You have to cease from your own efforts, rest, and trust God to finish the work.  You cannot bring life to the seed.  Only a miracle can regenerate that seed and cause it to grow.  Your only responsibility is to plant the seed in faith and wait expectantly for the harvest.  God will work underneath the surface and in the darkness of the situation to bring life to the seemingly dead and hopeless seed.  So it is with true faith.  When true faith is planted in God, it will cease from anxiety and will enter a place of rest until God brings forth fruit and life. +++

Turning Lose
Do you dream of the young girl who mounted her horse
And sped, on a bright sunny day,
Over the buffalo grass of the plains;
Down where the fat cattle lay?

Are the mem'ries still there, of a day bright and fair,
When your sweetheart whisked you away ...
And you made a new life, through depression and strife,
Beating the odds of the day?

For it's all gone away, when I look into your eyes,
And you don't know me anymore.
Afraid to ask, yes, and I rue the day
That you won't return to this shore.

I pray for the men who will fight, who will win,
And flay this monster alive.
Memories sweet will bless all our years,
Just as long as we can survive..

Just this day, or the next, in this era of genius;
Someone is bound to find
What is needed so bad - for the best that I had
To remain always in her mind.

You were fine! You were grand! And, I understand
That you stayed just as long as you could.
Blue eyes, open wide. Find Heaven inside,
Where mem'ry's restored for good!

© by Joan Clifton Costner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 26 Aug 2020, 8:29 pm

[size=48]My Manna

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46.

The pearl harvesting is an illustration of how the Lord takes us into His "shell" like an irritating grain of sand, and over time, covers us with His beautiful covering, forming us into polished and precious gems for his glory and delight.

This image of sanctification takes the metaphor in one direction: 
But here is another interesting thought. 

The beautiful pearl inside the oyster cannot be seen or enjoyed without a great price being paid. 
The oyster must die. 
It must be torn open in order to find the treasure within. 

This speaks to me of the original foundation and source of our beauty. 

Jesus our Messiah had to be bruised, afflicted, torn and killed so that the beautiful treasures God intended us to be from the beginning, could be discovered and released from the darkness of sin.

Each one of us is a treasure in the Lord's sight. 

We are His pearls of great value for which He paid the highest price! 

What a great honour, even the greatest honour to be called sons and daughters of the Living God! 
Through His sacrifice, we become holy, and obtain the beauty and glory of eternal life.

We so bless the Lord when we radiate the polished beauty He alone can give us. 

Our works shine forth before men, glorifying our Father in Heaven and preparing the way for his coming Kingdom. 

Let's remember who we are and walk with this beautiful radiance!
There are so many people who need to see, and know Him. 
[/size]

A Word In Due Season

THE ARMOR AND PRAYER

Scripture:  Ephesians 6:11 & 18  "Put on the whole armor of God .... Praying with all prayer and supplication in the spirit."

Paul instructed the people to pray with all kinds of prayer in the spirit.  However, he told them before they prayed to put on the whole armor of God.  He emphasized that we do not wrestle with flesh and blood but against principalities, powers, rulers of darkness, and spiritual wickedness.  He then listed the various pieces of the armor of God that are necessary to fight against these spiritual forces.  They are truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. (Ephesians 6:13-17).  The first thing that we need to consider is that the armor is the "armor of God."  It is not our own armor and does not depend upon our own personal abilities.  This spiritual armor is supernatural.  It comes from God and it bears witness of His strength.

Every piece of the armor of God is necessary and has a definite purpose.  When we wrap ourselves in God's truth, the spirit of deception has no place or authority in our lives.  So the devil cannot deceive us into praying for things that are outside of God's will or contrary to His Word.  The devil will come against us while we are in prayer and tell us that we have no right to pray because we have sinned or fallen short in our daily walk with the Lord.  But when we stand with the breastplate of God's righteousness protecting us, the devil has no room for accusations against us.  Our own righteousness, which is as filthy rags, is displaced by the pure righteousness of God.  Although our sins be as scarlet, we are made as white as snow because Jesus cleanses us from all sin.  This forgiveness allows us to approach God's throne with boldness and without any condemnation.

When our feet are shod with God's gospel of peace, we have a peace that passes all understanding.  This peace enables us to yield ourselves to God in prayer, unreservedly, because we know that all things are going to work out for our good.  As we pray, we can cast all of our cares upon the Lord, knowing that He cares for us.  When faith becomes our shield, it quenches the fiery darts of the devil.  Every doubt that comes against us is destroyed by our faith in God.  Mark 1:24 says, "When you pray, believe."  Doubts may come later, but at the time we pray, our faith must reach out and touch the heart of God.  Faith is supernatural.  It pleases God and receives God's rewards.

Paul also said, "Put on the helmet of salvation."  When you pray you must allow God's helmet of salvation to cover your mind and control your thoughts.  You must focus on God and believe that He will deliver you from every adversity that is coming against you.  Then finally, when you pray, you must take the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  God's Word is your only offensive weapon.  There is no mightier weapon than to speak the Word of God in prayer because it silences the voices of evil.  Even Jesus used the Word of God when He stood against the devil and declared, “It is written.”

Prayer does make a difference and definitely changes things.  It is a mighty force, and like the force of gravity, we may not be able to explain it, but prayer works.  Prayer is simple communication with God.  A small word of prayer to the Heavenly Father can move a mighty mountain of difficulty.  You can stand, sit, kneel, walk, or run when you pray.  You can be alone or in a vast crowd when you communicate with God.  Your voice can be loud or your whispers can be soft.  It does not matter.  You are communicating spirit to Spirit.  The important thing is that your spiritual man is adorned with truth, righteousness, the gospel of peace, faith, salvation, and also armed with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  Your prayers will then be victorious because the forces of Hell cannot come against this mighty armor of God. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Aug 2020, 5:28 pm

A Word In Due Season

THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION POSED

Scripture:  Matthew 16:15  "Whom do you say that I am?"

When this question was posed to Peter, he immediately knew the answer.  Some thought that Jesus was John the Baptist or Elijah who had come back from the dead.  Others believed that Jesus was Jeremiah or one of the other prophets.  But Peter knew the truth.  Jesus told Peter that this revelation did not come to him by flesh and blood.  Instead, the Father in Heaven had revealed to Peter that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God. 

Before His earthly birth, Jesus sat at the right hand of the Father in Heaven and now He sits there again as our intercessor.  Jesus was with the Father when the world was framed and man was created.  He witnessed Lucifer's rebellion when Lucifer declared that he would be like the most high God.  Jesus, then, watched as God cast Lucifer out of Heaven along with one third of the angels.

Jesus Christ was the baby who was wrapped in swaddling clothes and laid in a manger (Luke 2:12).  He was the One that the angels herald and the shepherds came to worship..  A few years later, He was the Christ child that the wise men who journeyed from the East came to honor.  They recognized Him as the King of the Jews and offered Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.  At the age of twelve, Jesus was the young boy who stunned those in the temple with his knowledge and understanding of the scriptures.  He was the obedient son who returned home with His earthly mother and father even though He knew that He was called to do the business of His Heavenly Father.  At the wedding feast in Canaan, He was the respectful son who changed the water into wine in obedience to His mother’s request even though He declared that He was performing this miracle before His appointed time.

Jesus was the multiplier of the fish and bread to the hungry thousands who had followed Him into the desert to hear His teaching.  He was the healer of the blind, deaf, and diseased and He was the deliverer of those who were oppressed and held in demonic bondage.  Jesus was the compassionate Messiah to the woman at the well who was living with a man that was not her husband.  He was the forgiving Lord to the woman who was caught in the sin of adultery.  Jesus was life to Lazarus and the others who had died as He miraculously raised them from the dead.  He was the miracle worker who taught His disciples about faith.  Jesus showed them that it is possible to walk on water and calm the raging seas with just a simple command.  He spoke to His disciples of vision.  Jesus first told them to go out into the deep waters to fish for their provisions, and then later, He told them to go to the entire world to preach the gospel and be fishers of men.  The last thing the Apostle John wrote in his book were these words, "Jesus also did many other things.  If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written" (John 21:25 - NLT)..

We see Jesus in all of these various aspects of His life but we must individually decide who He is to us.  Our decision will make an eternal difference in our life.  There is only one way to Heaven's promise and that is in believing that Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Son of the Living God, that He sacrificed His life on the cross of Calvary, and that He rose from the dead on the third day.  The entire gospel rests upon these truths and the most important question that you will have to answer is the same question that Jesus asked of Peter.  "Whom do you say that Jesus is?" +++

A Word In Due Season

CAPTAIN OF YOUR SOUL

Scripture:  I Timothy 1:19 (NIV)  "Holding on to faith and a good conscience ... some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith."

The Apostle Paul exhorted Timothy to hold on to the inspired prophetic words that had been spoken over him.  He declared that these words would help him fight a good warfare in the faith.  Paul also told Timothy that if he did not hold on to his faith and keep a good clear conscience that he would face a possible spiritual shipwreck.  Keeping the faith is a constant warfare for all of us, for the devil goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.  He is very persistent and presents challenges every day in an effort to cause us to give up on the things of God.  He seeks to lead us astray for he knows that if he can cause us to let go of our faith and good conscience for just one moment, we will become his captive.  He will build strongholds in our minds that suit his agenda and will cause us to experience shipwreck within our soul.

The Message Bible quotes the scripture above in this fashion, "There are some, you know, who by relaxing their grip and thinking anything goes have made a thorough mess of their faith."  It only takes a little relaxing and then we have to deal with doubt.  There is a saying, "Jesus is my co-pilot."  Yet, true faith is total dependence upon God.  It is leaning entirely upon Him with absolute trust and confidence.  The Lord is not our co-pilot; He is the pilot or the captain of our soul.  If we are in charge and He is merely our co-pilot, we are surely headed for a shipwreck.

The story of the Titanic is interesting.  This great ocean liner was supposed to be unsinkable and was on its maiden voyage when it hit an iceberg and sank.  This ship was made by man and also guided by man.  Total faith and confidence had been placed in this vessel, but it ultimately suffered a horrible shipwreck.  This parallels the condition of our faith when we do not listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, but make our own plans and follow our own ways.  In contrast to the Titanic, the Ark that Noah built was constructed according to God's master plan and was totally guided through the waters by His sovereign hands.  The Ark truly was unsinkable because God was the captain. 

There is nothing worse than having your faith shipwreck on the sea of life.  Natural shipwreck is destruction and utter ruin that happens when the ship gets out of control because it is driven by the raging sea.  Spiritual shipwreck is the same and can happen to any of our lives.  We may think that we are strong in our faith, but in reality there are storms that can come to any of our lives at any time and throw us off course.  None of us would plan a destructive storm for our lives, but nevertheless, we are all vulnerable when the storms suddenly appear.

We must review our faith and confidence each day and determine who is the captain is of our lives and who have we placed our trust in?  Is our faith in our ship, which we think is unsinkable, or is it in the One who made us?  Are we are going to wage a good warfare in the faith or will we allow the storms of life to drive our faith to the ruins of doubt and unbelief?  There will be many rocks and hard places to steer through.  Are we going to follow after God with a clear conscience or are we going to let sin lead us into destruction?  The decision is ours.  Will Jesus be the captain, the co-pilot, or will He have any voice at all?  The only right decision is to yield our lives to God and hold on to His Words of faith as we allow Him to steer our vessel.  It is only as we make Jesus Christ the Lord and Captain of our lives that we can weather the storms of life and not suffer the shipwreck of our soul.  +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 23 Aug 2020, 11:25 pm

God Gave Us Dominion

GENESIS 1:26,28 NKJ 26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."

God made a decision when He created human beings. He chose to give us dominion on earth.

God had dominion, and He chose to give it to mankind. Notice that God did not say, "Let him (Adam) have dominion." God said, "Let them (both Adam and Eve -- and their descendants) have dominion."

This is something important for us to understand.

PSALM 115:16 NKJ 16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's; But the earth He has given to the children of men.

Dominion is the right to make decisions and to rule. Dominion does not necessarily mean ownership but rulership.

That means what happens on earth is determined by mankind, not by God. Otherwise, God lied in saying that man has dominion.

God honors the choices made by people. By that I mean He allows us to have a free will and to make choices. We are not puppets or robots. Each one of us makes choices and then we must live with the result of our choices.

A question often asked by many is "Why does God allow bad things to happen on earth?" What they need to realize is that humanity allows it. God gave us dominion and with that came responsibility.

God does not change His mind.

ROMANS 11:29 GWN 29 God never changes his mind when he gives gifts or when he calls someone.

PSALM 8:4-6 NKJ 4 What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? 5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,

Some teach that God makes all the decisions concerning life and death for humans, but God clearly says we are the ones who must make the choices.

DEUTERONOMY 30:19 NKJ 19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

If you don't understand what Adam and Eve had, then you cannot clearly understand what you have. God never goes back on His Word. We still have the dominion God gave them because we are their descendants.

SAY THIS: God gave me dominion that I am responsible to exercise on earth.

A Devotion

2Ch 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Careless shepherds make many a feast for the wolf. 

WHICH YOKE TO WEAR    
"The yoke of my offenses is bound fast, lashed tight and woven by HIS hand; imposed upon my neck, it saps my strength. The LORD has delivered me into the hands of those I cannot withstand." [Lamentations(Ekhah) 1. 14 Tanakh, Kethuvim] 

The unsaved person wears a yoke of sin. The religious legalist wears ayoke of bondage and is encouraged to "stand fast" so as not to become entangled into sin again. [Galatians 5. 1] A follower of CHRIST, who depends on the grace of GOD MOST HIGH, wears the liberating yoke of the LORDY’SHUA. [Matthew 1. 29 - 30] 

"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?"[2 Corinthians 6. 14 - 15] This text is precise and specifically plain regarding the doctrine of Christian separation from unbelievers. The believer should completely avoid evil teachings and errors or their practices; they should also turn away from all association with those who do such things; and they should never enter into a binding relationship of any kind with non-Christians. 

The unequally yoked involves the actual fellowship, communion, and physical union with unbelievers. This is actually forbidden by Law, for how"can two walk together without being in agreement?" [Amos (Amus3:3Tanakh, Nevi'im] This clearly includes marriage, business partnership, or other formal bonds with individuals. Those who do not believe in MESSIAHY’SHUA, are either knowingly or unknowingly affected by pagan beliefs or practices. "Therefore, if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But GOD hascalled us to peace." [1 Corinthians 7. 15] Instead of such an unbalanced, deranged yoke, we should be joined only to the Lord Y’SHUA ha'MASHIACHand associate with His like-minded followers, for JESUS said— "Myoke is easy, and Mburden is light." [Matthew 11. 30] Perfect are all HIS ways. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
”The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be serious and watchful in your prayers.”1 Peter 4:7
Bidding farewell to Sabbath! Thank YOU LORD GOD for filling the heart with marvelous joy and peace, for giving us strength of faith in YOU for even greater tasks.
 Our confidence rests solely in YOU, our GREAT, ETERNAL, WONDERFUL LORD.. YOURS, O LORD, is the greatness and the power, the glory, and the victory, and the majesty; for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is YOURS; YOURS is the Kingdom, O LORD, and YOU are exalted above all. YOU are the LIFE of all, the HELP of those that flee to YOU, the HOPE of those who cry to YOU. Cleanse us from our sins, secret and open, and from every thought displeasing to YOUR goodness  purify our bodies and souls, our hearts and consciences, that with a pure heart, and a clear soul, with perfect love and calm hope, we may venture confidently and fearlessly to pray to YOU. Amen
Tov Shavua — Have a good week! 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 22 Aug 2020, 6:13 pm

More GREAT QUOTES
-Sermonindex.net

"Our lives are to be indisputable evidence of the resurrection of 
Jesus Christ." - Carter Conlon

"Don't plan without God. God seems to have a delightful way of
upsetting the plans we have made, when we have not taken Him 
into account." - Oswald Chambers

"Prayer can do anything that God can do."
- E.M. Bounds

"What I have seen in the past 10 years of traveling - performing at a
church one day and a casino the next - is that a lot of people in the
church want to be entertained, and people in casinos want to be
ministered to. That's hard to understand, but I see a hunger in the
world that I don't see in the church." - Ricky Shaggs (musician)

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me,
let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For
whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose
his life for my sake shall find it."
-- Matthew 16:24,25 (KJV)

"To love means loving the unlovable. To forgive means pardoning 
the unpardonable. Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope 
means hoping when everything seems hopeless."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

"Don't try to bring the Word of God down to your level. Let it pull
you up to its level." - David MacDonald

SHOW MERCY

“And he said, I will make all my righteousness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy…Exodus 33:19.”

Often, we get the chance to show mercy, but do we? Often we get the chance to show kindness to someone, to lessen a blow that is coming someone’s way, but do we?  When someone does us wrong, do we turn the other cheek or do we strike out as hard as we can?  Perhaps a rebuke is necessary or some sort of punishment, but does it have to be the most severe? This is especially true to those the Lord has given positions of power and importance.

Yet, we also wish mercy for ourselves do we not? When caught speeding, how many of us demand a traffic ticket? Or do we wish for mercy? This extends to too many areas of life.   If you wish to receive mercy, show mercy. If you wish kindness, extend kindness, if you wish to be treated with respect, make sure others receive respect as well.

Remember, the Lord watches all things.  Remember the words in Isaiah 30:18: “And therefore will the Lord wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you for the Lord is a God of judgment:  blessed are all that wait for him.”

Is God watching you? God knows all things. He knows your future, and perhaps you may need mercy tomorrow. Is he watching today to see if you are going to be merciful at work, home or elsewhere when you get that chance?  Show some mercy when you can and perhaps mercy will be extended to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Aug 2020, 8:03 pm

. . . Ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the spirit.
Romans 8:23
Present possession is declared. At this present moment we have the firstfruits of the Spirit. We have repentance, that gem of the first water; faith, that priceless pearl; hope, the heavenly emerald; and love, the glorious ruby. We are already made new creatures in Christ Jesus by the effectual working of God the Holy Spirit. This is called the firstfruit because it comes first. As the wave-sheaf was the first of the harvest, so the spiritual life, and all the graces that adorn that life, are the first operations of the Spirit of God in our souls.
The firstfruits were the pledge of the harvest. As soon as the Israelite had plucked the first handful of ripe ears, he looked forward with glad anticipation to the time when the wagon would creak beneath the sheaves. So, brethren, when God gives us things that are pure, lovely, and of good report, as the work of the Holy Spirit, these are to us the indications of the coming glory. The firstfruits were always holy to the Lord, and our new nature, with all its powers, is a consecrated thing. The new life is not ours that we should ascribe its excellence to our own merit; it is Christ's image and creation and is ordained for His glory.
But the firstfruits were not the harvest, and the works of the Spirit in us at this moment are not the consummation—the perfection is still to come. We must not boast that we have attained, and so reckon the first sheaf to be all the produce of the year: We must hunger and thirst for righteousness and long for the day of full redemption. Dear reader, this evening open your mouth wide, and God will fill it. Let the blessing in present possession excite in you a sacred greed for more grace. Groan within yourself for higher degrees of consecration, and your Lord will grant them to you, for He is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think.
The beauty and glory of a Christian!

(Thomas Brooks, "The Crown and Glory of Christianity, or, HOLINESS, the Only Way to Happiness", 1662) 

Holiness will render you most beautiful and amiable. As holiness is the beauty of God, and the beauty of angels--so it is the beauty and glory of a Christian also. Holiness casts such a beauty upon man, as makes him very amiable and desirable. 

The redness of the rose, the whiteness of the lily, and all the beauties of the natural universe--are but deformities compared to that beauty which holiness puts upon us. If all natural beauty were contracted into one beauty--yet it would be but an obscure and an unlovely beauty, compared to that beauty which holiness puts upon us!

Holiness is lovely, yes--loveliness itself. Purity is a Christian's splendor and glory. There is no beauty compared to that of sanctity; nothing beautifies and bespangles a man like holiness. 

Holiness is so attractive and so lovely a thing--that it draws all eyes and hearts to an admiration of it. Holiness is so great a beauty--that it puts a beauty upon all other excellencies in a man. That holiness is a very beautiful thing, and that it makes all those beautiful who have it--is a truth that no devil can deny! 

"Demetrius," says Plutarch, "was so lovely of face, that no painter was able to draw him." Just so, holiness puts so rare a beauty upon man--that no painter under heaven is able to draw him! 

Scipio Africanus
 was so lovely a person, that the Spaniards stood amazed at his loveliness. Holiness puts such a loveliness, and such an amiableness upon a person--that many admire it, and stand amazed at it. 

O sirs, as ever you would be amiable and desirable--be holy! 

As ever you would be attractive and lovely--be holy! 

As ever you would outshine the sun in splendor and glory--labor to be holy!

Many have ventured their names, their estates, their liberties, their lives, yes, their very souls--to enjoy a lovely Bathsheba, an attractive Helena, a beautiful Diana, a lovely Cleopatra, etc.--whose beauties have been but clay, well-colored. Oh, how much more, then, should you be provoked to labor and venture your all for holiness--which will imprint upon you that most excellent and most exquisite beauty; which will go to the grave and to glory with you; yes, which will render you not only amiable and excellent in the eyes of men--but also lovely and lovely in the eyes of God!

Unholy souls are . . .
  foul souls,
  ugly souls,
  deformed souls,
  withered souls,
  wrinkled souls,
  altogether unlovely souls.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Aug 2020, 7:43 pm

A Word In Due Season

FRUIT THAT GLORIFIES GOD

Scripture:  John 15:8  "Herein is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit."

When we delight in the law of the Lord and meditate upon His Words day and night, we become like trees that are planted by the rivers of living water.  Our roots run deep in search of the nourishing water and this water of His Word keeps our leaves from withering.  It also causes us to bear much good fruit, for whatever we do prospers (Psalms 1:2-3).  The fruit that we bear from our healthy branches not only brings glory to God but also imparts strength to those about us who receive from our lives.

Fruit is produced through much conflict.  A natural tree struggles against the forces of nature such as the storms and winds, the drought and heat, and the wild fires and the icy cold.  It also has to stand against the birds of the air that are waiting to pluck the fruit prematurely from its branches.  There is no rest for the tree or the fruit, for each season brings new and difficult challenges.  I have a fig tree in my yard that produces luscious figs every year.  The sad news is that I seldom get to enjoy the fruit because it is spoiled by the birds and the squirrels.  I do not mind feeding God's creatures, but they do not eat the entire fig.  Instead, they take one bite or one peck from each fig and then leave it to ruin.  I have often wondered why they waste such good fruit.  The only way that I would ever be able to gather unspoiled fruit from my tree would be to guard it night and day.

The same is true with our spiritual life and the fruit that God has ordained for us to bear.  We have to guard our hearts, night and day, because we have an adversary who seeks to destroy the fruit in our lives.  He takes us through dry spells and also brings storms and floods into our lives.  He tempts us in the areas of our personal weakness.  He also causes others to attack us or to provoke us to evil so that our fruit is ruined on the vine.  Even if he is only able to get in one bite or one peck, he loves to see us lose our Christian witness.  We may not recognize our true enemy or his evil tactics at first.  We may even wonder why we lost our temper or said something that laid our soul open for judgment.  We may think that the illness, financial problems, and other unresolved issues that are challenging us are just a matter of course.  We forget Paul's words that declared that we are not wrestling with flesh and blood.  Instead we are wrestling against the principalities, powers, and rulers of a spiritual world of darkness whose sole intention is to steal our spiritual fruit and bring condemnation to our soul.

We must be aware of the strategies of the devil because he goes about as a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.  He cannot take our fruit unless we allow him, but he will take every advantage that he can.  If we give the enemy a place, he will sow hate and bitterness in our hearts so that he can drive out the fruit of God's love.  If we allow sorrow and grief to linger in our soul, it will steal the joy from our hearts.  If we are not vigilant, confusion will attack our peace and then doubt and unbelief will overtake our faith.  If we neglect to continually nourish our spirits with the water of the Word, the fruit of patience, kindness, and gentleness will wither on our branches.  We must be wise and discerning so that we can produce much good fruit.  This is God's plan for our lives and our abundance of good fruit will not only be pleasing to Him but will also glorify Him in the eyes of others. +++

A Word In Due Season

THOROUGHLY FURNISHED

Scripture:  II Timothy 3:17  "That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

God's plan for us is that we be perfect and thoroughly furnished spiritually so that our lives can function properly for Him.  Perfect, in this sense, means complete and exactly fitted as a joint.  We all know the results of what happens with the house plumbing when the joints are not fitted properly.  They cause a leak and are unusable.  The same is true when a joint in our physical body is not functioning properly.  The whole body is disabled with pain. So it is also with our spirits.  If we are not spiritually fitted properly we often become like a loose joint to those who come into contact with us.

To be thoroughly furnished means to be equipped to do the work that God has ordained for us to do.  How many of us really know how to witness salvation to the man on the street?  Many times we leave it to the pastor on Sunday morning.  It seems the best that we can do is to invite the lost man to church.  We also fail to pray for the sick, minister to those in prisons, visit the elderly, or perform other good works.  We are like a well-built home that is missing necessary furniture or fixtures.  We are Christian by name but our works are lacking.  God wants us to be thoroughly furnished so that we are equipped to do every good work and meet the needs of those around us.

How can we become perfect, thoroughly furnished, and equipped in our spirits to do good works?  We must be versed in the Word of God and have an intimate personal relationship with Him.  Verse sixteen says, "All scripture is given by the inspiration of God".  Every scripture was breathed out of the mouth of God, and we are to listen and take heed to every Word that He has said.  According to II Timothy 3:16, the scriptures are profitable to us in four ways:

1) For Doctrine - They teach us and give us a solid foundation in
        which to place our faith.  We do not follow a "feel good religion,"
        but we live by faith in the Words of the Almighty God.
    2) For Reproof - They cause us to know the difference between
        that which is sinful and that which is holy, convicting us of our sins.
    3) For Correction - They restore things to their proper use by
        shedding light on false theories, practices, and error.
    4) For Instruction in Righteousness - They train us to discipline

ourselves to walk in obedience to God's Word.  They show
        us how to live a holy life that is in conformity to God's will, thought,
        purpose, and action.

It takes time, effort, and energy to decorate and furnish a home properly.  It takes no less to do the same for our spiritual man.  We will only become thoroughly furnished as we spend time and exert our energy towards the things of God.  We must yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit and allow the inspired Word of God to teach, reprove, correct, and instruct us.  As we begin to change inwardly through this process, our lives will become well fitted outwardly and equipped for every good work. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Aug 2020, 9:54 pm

Numbers 6:24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace

The blessing is an impartation of the supernatural power of God into a human life by the spoken word of God’s delegated spiritual authority.

In ancient Israel, God commanded the high priest, Aaron, to speak His blessing over the whole nation. When Aaron obeyed, God instantly began to pour out miraculous riches on His chosen people.

Today, we are His chosen people, and we were born to be blessed (I Peter 2:9)! Not because we deserve it, but because we have a generous Heavenly Father Who wants to give us the best in this life and the one to come.

His grace knows no limits. His love has no measure. His compassion has no boundaries. His mercies are renewed every morning. He is the Glory and the Lifter of our heads. Through the sacrifice of His own Son, He provided the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

He is the wonderful Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6). He is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother. He is our Savior, Deliverer, Shield, Fortress, and High Tower.

This is the God Who blesses us exceedingly abundantly, above all that we can ask or imagine!

Blessing:

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you His peace. May the supernatural blessing of the Lord transform your mind and life through the power of His Word and the mighty name of Jesus!

Today's Bible Reading: 

Old Testament

Nehemiah 9:22-10:39

New Testament

1 Corinthians 9:20-10:14

Psalms & Proverbs

Psalms 34:1-10

Proverbs 21:13

www.jhm.org

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

[size=48]Cambridge Dove [/size]

[size=48] Ministries [/size]

[size=32]Devotional for Today is:[/size]

[size=18]STAY ON COURSE[/size]

Dear belivers in GOD, please Watch for the enemy to try to bring confusion or fear into your life,  this will be an effort to take you off course by getting you out of the flow of the  Spiri of the Lord, and do not overreact to current temporary circumstances,  you  must take the time to reestablish yourself in peace and faith as GOD will guide you through this temporary maze.  AMEN

Isaiah 26:3
                      You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Aug 2020, 10:02 pm

A Word In Due Season

TRUSTING YOUR LIFE TO GOD'S HANDS

Scripture:  Psalms 25:1 (Amplified)  "Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life."

Sometimes it seems harder for us to trust in God than it is for us to trust in others.  For instance, when we are sick and hurting, we do
 not find it hard at all to give ourselves completely to a doctor that we barely know.  We bring our lives to the doctor in simple trust.  We allow him to prescribe medication for us and to do whatever he feels that he needs to do.  If necessary, we even allow him to put us to sleep for several hours so that he can perform an operation on our bodies that we do not even understand.  Because we know so little about the subject, we rely on the doctor's training, education, and skill.  We assume that his diagnosis is correct and that what he tells us is the truth.  We rarely question his efforts unless he proves himself wrong.  Our lives are literally in the physician's hands

When it comes to putting our trust in the Lord, however, it is hard for us to let go and let God have His way.  We tend to cringe at the thought of not having total control over our own lives.  We sense God's Holy Spirit leading us, but our minds and emotions take us in the opposite direction because we fear disappointment and failure.  We do
 not have the confidence that we need to walk the path of faith that God has set before us.  If God prescribes something, we question Him.  We also find it difficult to rest while God is working His plan in our lives.

David said the most precious thing he had was his own life, but he brought it and placed it in the hands of the Lord.  He could trust no other, but was confident that his tender loving God would not disappoint him.  David depended upon the Lord to show him the right way to go and trusted God to guide him down the path of truth.  He leaned on God's covenant of grace to comfort him when he was lonely and afflicted.  God became David's secret companion because David reverently feared and worshiped Him.  How great it would be if we would come to this wonderful place of trust that David found and then be able to surrender our lives to God and declare to Him, "Unto You, O Lord, I bring my life." +++

[b][size=48][b][size=13][size=13][b][size=13][b][size=13][size=13][size=13][b][b][size=48]My Manna
[/size][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/size][/b][/size][/b][/size][/b][/b]

"Fret not thyself, it tend

​s​
 only to evil doing." Psalms 37:8.

Fretting means getting out at elbows mentally or spiritually.

It is one thing to say "
​​
Fret not!"
But a very different thing to have such a disposition that you find yourself able not to fret.

Resting in the Lord does not depend-
- on external circumstances at all,
- but on your relationship to God Himself.

Fussing always ends in sin.
We imagine that a little anxiety and worry are an indication of how really wise we are.
It is much more an indication of how really wicked we are.

Fretting springs from a determination to get our own way.
Our Lord never worried and He was never anxious,

Because-
He was not "out" to realize His own ideas.
He was "out" to realize God's ideas.

Fretting is wicked if you are a child of God.

Have you been bolstering up that stupid soul of yours with the idea that your circumstances are too much for God?

Put all "supposing" on one side.
And dwell in the shadow of the Almighty.

Deliberately tell God that you will not fret about that thing.

All our fret and worry is-
- caused by 
​​
calculating without God!

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Aug 2020, 9:43 pm

[size=15] James 1:19-21[/size]
[size=15] Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
[size=15]Why is there so much anger in the world?  I pose this question because there appears to so much violence in the world today. There are mass shootings daily in one city/town or the other, and it makes a person wonder where the respect for our fellow man has gone?

Is the anger the result of pent up unresolved frustrations? Could it be that the displayed anger is causing people to have a short emotional fuse that causes more harm than good.? Can it be that people are wearing their emotions on their sleeves, a deep-seated hurt, fear, and frustration?
Hebrews 12:14 encourages us to follow peace with all men. What happened to the Golden Rule, which helps all to “treat others as you would have them to treat you..”
I do not have the answers, but God does. What I do know is that we must adhere to our scripture text (James 1:18-21). In doing so, the world will be a safer and quieter place for all humanity.

[/size][/size]
[size=15][size=16]LIVING IN THE FATHER’S WILL[/size]

[size=16]From: David Cox - [/size]

[size=16]"Be very careful how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.  Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery.  Instead, be filled with the Spirit.  Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.  Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ...Ephesians 5:15-21.”[/size]

[size=16]I understand that, as a child of the Covenant, I am the apple of the Lord’s eye, and that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  However, my life often seems far short of those lofty words.  I try to do my best to live for Christ, I really do, but it doesn’t always seem to work out like I would like it to.  A misunderstanding with my wife, a harsh word to one of my kids, a missed business opportunity…I mean, thank the Lord for His forgiveness, but I would much rather honor Him in all the things I say and do, as opposed to just getting by through relying on cheap grace. [/size]

[size=16]Maybe that’s why I like to read Paul’s letters so much.  A direct encounter with the risen Christ helped Paul to see himself as “the chief of sinners”; yet, he didn’t stay in that same place.  With the Lord’s grace and help, he somehow was able to become both the greatest of evangelists and the writer of much of the New Testament, inspiring, instructing, and influencing believers up to the present day. [/size]

[size=16]In the course of teaching the church in Ephesus and all believers, how to live the good life together as a body of believers in Christ (the Christian walk), Paul helps us to walk in godly wisdom by giving us some clear choices.  First choice: foolishness or godly wisdom (which Paul equates to “understanding what the Lord’s will is”)?  Well, that seems an easy choice, but how to do that?  The second choice: get intoxicated, or be filled with the Spirit?  I have learned over the years that alcohol and other mind-altering substances are but counterfeits of the real thing, which is being filled with the Spirit.  So that choice seems clear as well.[/size]

[size=16]But here’s the interesting thing: “be filled with the Spirit” is a command.  That means that, in this context, it’s something that I can do.  Also, I am told that the sense of the original Greek reads more like, “Keep being filled with the Spirit.”  So it’s something I can, and should, do again and again.  I like this, because Lord knows I have filled my mind with enough stuff that is not of the Spirit.  The best way to get rid of a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit![/size]

[size=16]The essence of all this, to me, is that I must guard my thoughts such that I let in only those which I want to live out.  “As a man thinks in his heart, so he is”— Prov. 23:7.  Otherwise, how can I possibly do such things as “always giving thanks to God the Father for everything”? Toward that end, I would like to make a few suggestions that have helped strengthen me for this work:[/size]

[size=16]Daily prayer time & Bible reading—for some folks, the best time for this is in the early morning; for others, after getting the family off to school and work; still, others prefer the evening hours. Pick a time and place that you can go to consistently, and just do it.. There are many good daily Bible reading guides available.  If you need guidance, ask your pastor for some suggestions.  (I bet he would be pleasantly surprised if you did.)  Leave the concordance on the shelf; just read the passages, and see what the Lord might be saying to you.[/size]

[size=16]Life together in the church—worship, Sunday School, and fellowship times. Nowhere in Scripture is the word “saint” used in the singular; it’s always saints. The church was meant by God to be a little slice of heaven on earth for us.  We need each other.  Don’t worry about finding the perfect church, you’d just ruin it when you got there anyway![/size]

[size=16]Media control—carefully guard what you look at and what you listen to. You wouldn’t put garbage on your supper table, why would you let it into your home, car, or computer—or into the minds of your kids? A favorite activity at our house is reading aloud during the dinner hour.  We started after Thanksgiving with “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickens, and have gone on to other books that are good for the whole family.

DO YOUR DUTY

“Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord…Psalm 27:14.”

It was raining; I was in Vietnam. The monsoons, the rainy season, had hit Vietnam early and my platoon was stuck out in the rain. It was not a pretty sight.  The Marines did not want operations going on during the rainy season. During monsoons, it rained all the time. The temperature dropped several degrees, and although it was still warm by our standards, being there and the temperature dropping several degrees made it seem very cold. It made getting you out harder and getting resupplied with food and water more difficult.  We were stuck and had to wait.

All the foxholes filled up with water like little swimming pools. There was nowhere to go to get out of the rain. Daily we called and waited to hear that they would come and give us supplies, daily we waited. They told us the choppers could not resupply us because of the rain. So, we counted the food we had, tried our best to have courage, and had to wait. Wait we did, day by day.   All I had left to eat was a few cans of c rations and one case of Grapefruit juice. We had plenty of that to drink. Boy, by the time we finally got resupplied I was tired of grapefruit juice.

As I sat there, cold, everything wet, it was a good time to reflect on the Lord’s Word contained in Psalms 27:14.  Praying daily and still, the rain continued. Praying daily and still no resupply.  Now I knew they had not forgotten us, and knew resupply would come and that we would be taken out. I knew we would get good food and clean clothing soon: But when?

Then it came to me, best to not think about when I was getting out but concentrate on doing my duty.  As I focused on doing what my duty was, my worries about getting out of there and getting a break in the weather stopped troubling me.  Then it happened, without warning, a break in the weather came and the clouds cleared. We were resupplied and soon after that, we were taken back to a base camp for rest and relaxation.  Food and just plain old drinking water never tasted so good. Getting a clean uniform never felt so good.   Gone then were the worries about when were they coming.

As I sit here now wondering when my answers for my prayers are coming, I remember the lessons I learned then. Now I try and focus on doing my duty daily, the answers to my prayers will come when the time is right.  Not only that, our departure from this earth, the rapture of the Church, will come soon enough. God is just waiting for the right time is all. Until then, do your duty and focus on the work the Lord has given you. 

[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Aug 2020, 10:00 pm

The Best Thing God Ever Did For You

He first showed up in the 1930s. And I do not remember that firsthand! Then they made movies about him in the 21st Century. One of America's most enduring superheroes. Here's a clue from the '50s TV show about him, "Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...Superman!" The Superman story begins with the meltdown of the planet Krypton and the decision by one of its leaders to save his son by launching him in this small rocket he has built. Destination: Earth. In one of the movies about the guy in the red cape and the blue suit with the big letter "S," his father sees that the people of earth need some help, and he says these words: "I'm sending them my only son."
I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about "The Best Thing God Ever Did For You."
Superman is just a story of course. There is, however, a Father who sent His only son to do for us what we could never do for ourselves, and that is not a story. It's history. What God did actually has the power to change your personal destiny. Because God looked down and saw your need and my need, and He said, "I'm sending them My only Son."
In the words of Romans 8:32, which is our word for today from the Word of God, "He...did not spare His own Son, but gave Him up for us all." God gave up His Son for us...for you. I remember as our son-in-law held our first grandchild in his arms for the first time. He said, "This is my son; my only son." The thought of giving up that boy was unthinkable. Why would God bid goodbye to His only Son and send Him from the glories of heaven to die with spikes in His hands and feet, suspended on a cross?
The Bible answers that question. It says, "He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:10). God gave up His Son because He loves you; He loves you that much. He sent Him to be the only sacrifice that could pay for all the things we've done against God; every dishonest thing, every dirty thing, every hurting thing, every angry thing, every selfish thing.
We have kept the God we were made by on the margins of our life and we have hijacked from Him the life that He gave us. That is punishable by separation from God, forever. But God said, "They can only be saved if their eternal death penalty is paid. And someone has to die for that." And so, His one and only Son poured out His life in exchange for yours and mine.
That's why what you do with Jesus is so critical. It literally decides where you'll spend forever. Some years ago, a noted photographer spent months taking pictures of people as they came and went from the Vietnam War Memorial in Washington. And one morning, before anyone else was there, he noticed a new remembrance at the wall. There was a picture of a soldier, a medal, a picture of Jesus, and a simple, three-word inscription. As he was focusing his lens on the scene, this elderly man came up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder and said, "Excuse me, but do you like it?" The photographer told him how impressed he was with it. The man replied, "I'm glad. I put it there." Suddenly, that little three-word inscription came to life for that photographer. It simply said, "Only one son."
God brings you to a cross where His "only one Son" gave His life for you, and He's asking you, "What do you think?" Jesus' death for you is your only hope. He's the rescuer you either grab and hold onto with total trust, or the rescuer that you ignore or push away.
You may have known about Jesus' death on the cross for a long time. You may have commemorated His death at church many times, but you've never made what He did on the cross personal for you. Has there ever been a time you said, "Jesus, I'm Yours...I'm totally Yours." If not, then you're living under the death penalty for your sins. That penalty has already been paid for you.
Maybe today you're ready to make God's one and only Son your one and only hope. Well, let me encourage you to tell Him that right now wherever you are. And then visit our website, because it's loaded with information that will help you be sure you belong to Him. That website is ANewStory.com.
When your little time on earth ends, there's really only one thing that will really matter. What did you do with God's Son?

Copyright :copyright: Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

[size=19]A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .

You don’t need a pulpit to preach the GOSPEL; your everyday actions are a sermon on their own. Preach accurately! 

LAW OF MOSES    
"Then Hsaid to them, "These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses (Torah) and the Prophets (Nevi’im) and the Psalms (Kethuvim) concerning ME." And Hopened their understanding, that they might understand the SCRIPTURES." [Luke 24. 44 - 45] 

MESSIAH Y’SHUA, on the day of resurrection, had given a wonderful session of SCRIPTURE teaching to two of HIS followers on the Road to Emmaus(perhaps Cleopas and his wife, Miryam [Mary] who had been at the cross, see John 9:25).  "Beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, Hexpounded to them in all the SCRIPTURES the things concerning HIMSELF." [Luke 24. 27]  Later that same evening, RISEN LORD appeared to the eleven apostles and the other disciples, in the upper room, and gave a similar report to all of them that Hhad to the couple on the road. 

We learn so much from our MASTER TEACHER concerning how we should also teach the complete WRITTEN WORD; for it was through "the SPIRIT OFCHRIST" [1 Peter 1. 11], WHO in actuality wrote the HOLY TEXT.  The whole BIBLE speaks of MESSIAH in prophecy, in type, and in other ways. MESSIAHY’SHUA began with the writings of Moses, meaning first of all the account of creation and ancient history which is the foundation of all the rest. 

It is quite evident that LORD Y’SHUA regarded "all SCRIPTURE" to be of DIVINE authority which "must be fulfilled" either at HIS first coming or HIS Second Coming. Hbelieved in the perfect and absolutely infinite inspiration of THE LIVING WORD OF GOD, as well as the miracle of fulfilled prophecy. Even the writings of Paul, it is stated, "If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the LORD." [1Corinthians 14. 37] 

Even in the case of these closest followers, it was essential that the HOLYSPIRIT OF GOD "open their understanding" if they were really to"understand SCRIPTURES."  All who hope to teach the WORD OF TRUTHtoday should teach as the ALL-WISE MASTER HIMSELF taught, for MESSIAHis our GREAT TEACHER

Sha’alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel! 
”The end of all things is at hand; therefore, be serious and watchful in your prayers.”1 Peter 4:7
 YOURS, O LORDis the greatness, and the power, the glory, and the victory, and the majesty; for all that is in heaven and in the earth belongs to YOU; YOURS is the kingdom, O LORD, and YOU are exalted as head above all. May our lips ever declare praises to YOULORDY’SHUA our KING, HELPER, SAVIOR & SHIELD for YOUR loving kindness is mighty over us.
Our prayer for each of you is for mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance from our WONDERFUL REDEEMER
[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 12:40 pm

My Manna

"Salvation belongs to the Lord. Your blessing is upon Your people." Psalms 3:8.

Jesus told His disciples to go into the deep waters and let down their nets for fish.

When they did, their nets were filled up with fish to the point of breaking..

Being fishermen and businessmen, they may have been tempted to start doing business.
I mean, think how much they could make!

But God had a different purpose.

The disciples' occupation as fishermen was just a vehicle for God to demonstrate His great power and love.

He wasn't blessing them with fish so that they would get excited about fishing.
He was blessing them with fish so that they could get their eyes off their fishing and on to the greater call He had for them!

Thankfully, they left the fishing business and went off with the Lord to do great and mighty things.

Too many of us are wrapped up in fish.

We seek the Lord for His blessings, prosperity, and success.
But true discipleship is focusing not on the blessings of the Lord, but on the Lord of the blessings!

We can rejoice in our blessings-
- but let's not dwell on them! Let's set our eyes on the Lord and the calling He has for us.

When He sees that we have pure and willing hearts-
- He will be faithful to use us to accomplish ​​​​His glorious plan!

A Word In Due Season

SIMPLE TRUST

Scripture:  Proverbs 22:19  "That your trust may be in the Lord."

God wants us to simply trust in Him with all of our heart and not lean upon our own understanding.  He told us that if we would acknowledge Him in all of our ways, then He would direct our paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).  Trusting God is a simple formula that brings health to our bodies and peace to our souls because it allows God to deal with all of the stress that challenges our lives.

God gave us these excellent words of His counsel and allowed us the knowledge of His truth, but many times it is difficult to simply trust in the Lord with all of our hearts.  Frankly, most of us do not want to give up the control of our own lives and lean upon someone we cannot see regardless of how powerful He may be.  For me, I tend to analyze everything and seek desperately for solutions.  It is frustrating not to be able to take some sort of action when needed.  I want all things to work out in a sensible way, but I found that God usually does not work in that manner.  His wisdom is confusing to the minds of men and His ways overshadow their plans.  He rolls back the massive waters of the Red Sea for Moses instead of building a bridge.  He shuts the mouths of the lions instead of simply rescuing Daniel out of the lion's den.  He calms the raging storm when He could have warned the disciples to wait a while before trying to cross the sea.  He raises Lazarus from the dead instead of getting there in time to just heal him.

Who can explain God's ways, for His ways are never the same as ours?  Yet we can rest assured that He always has a better plan because He is our Father and He cares for us just the same or even more than we care for our own children and loved ones.  We are God's main interest and He wants the very best for our lives.  We must come to the place that we trust Him enough to cast every care upon Him and then leave our burdens in His hands until He works everything out.  When He is finished solving the problem, we will find that He did all things well.  We must resist the temptation to analyze everything and how it should be.

One of the greatest truths that I have learned is that God is smarter than I am.  When I received the revelation of this awesome truth, I was able to trust in the Lord with all of my heart and not lean upon my own understanding.  The Lord now sits as the King over all the kingdoms of my heart and every chamber belongs to Him.  I have never been disappointed in any of His decisions for my life.  My prayer for you is that you would find this wisdom and even when you do not understand what is going on in your life that you can still declare, "Lord, my trust is in You." +++
__._,_.___

My Manna

Jesus said, "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him!." Matthew 7:11.
Terry was in the habit of praying very specifically for what she wanted.
She told God in great detail about-- the kind of job, - the kind of husband, - the kind of life that she envisioned for herself.
And Terry was frequently frustrated.
One day, a friend suggested that she try a different tack. Give God a blank sheet of paper, the friend suggested, and let God give you his list for your life.
Not long afterwards-Terry went back to school—something she hadn't anticipated doing.
And she met a wonderful new man whom she eventually married. He didn't fit the criteria of her earlier list, but he was everything she wanted in a husband.
When Terry turned her life over to God's will-God provided for her needs in ways she couldn't have imagined.
There's nothing wrong with asking God for what we would like-- but to get prayers answered, they need to be in harmony with God's will.
And while "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"-He often does give us the desires of our heart when we pray in harmony with His will.
"Dear God, thank You that You hear and answer my prayers. Thank You, too, for the times You haven't answered my prayers according to my wishes which, if You had, it may have done me more harm than good. Help me to live and pray in harmony with Your will so that I can be sure that You will answer my prayers one way or another. Gratefully, in Jesus's Name, Amen."

A Word In Due Season

THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER

Scripture:  Psalms 61:2  "Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

When David's life was in jeopardy and his heart was overwhelmed he cried out to the Lord for comfort and asked God to lead him to a secure place.  He needed a place of protection and a season where his soul could be restored and his spirit could find new strength.  David knew exactly where he needed to be in this time of desperation.  He looked to the Lord and spoke of Him as being a Rock, a Shelter, a Strong Tower from the enemy, and a Covering (Verse 2-4).  David declared his confidence in the character of God and praised Him for His faithfulness, for he had never seen God fail.

There are times in our lives when we have no one to turn to but the Lord.  He is our only hope because no one wants to listen to our problems or to be involved in our solutions.  It is just us and the Lord.  We may suddenly lose our grip on life when we get a bad report from the doctor, have a disturbance in a close relationship, or face a serious financial crisis.  Sometimes we cannot even figure out how things have escalated to this degree or where we went wrong in the situation.  But none-the-less, here we are needing a Rock, a Shelter, a Strong Tower from the enemy, and a Covering that we can run to for help.  Like David, we become overwhelmed and desperate to find that place of protection, restoration, and new strength.

David's simple prayer; "Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I" should also be our prayer in the time of our crisis.  Our only hope is found in what Jesus has done for us, for He is our Rock and our Fortress.  I invite you to pray these words with me, which incorporate the Lord's finished work on Calvary, as detailed in Isaiah 53:3-5.

When I am suffering the rejection of others,

Lead me to the Rock who was despised for me.

When my soul is overwhelmed with emotional grief,

Lead me to the Rock who has carried my sorrows.

When I have transgressed God's commandments,

Lead me to the Rock who was wounded for my transgressions.

When I have committed sin,

Lead me to the Rock who was bruised for my iniquities.

When I am anxious, oppressed, and afflicted,

Lead to the Rock who was chastised for my peace.

When my body is threaten with disease and racked with pain,

Lead me to the Rock, by whose stripes I am healed.

When I am overwhelmed with life,

Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I. +++
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 09 Aug 2020, 8:43 pm

[size=18]Every groan of your wounded heart!

(Thomas Guthrie, 1803-1873)

If Jesus was only a man--then how could He guard the interests, and manage all the affairs of all His redeemed people scattered far and wide over the face of the habitable globe? 
What heart were large enough to embrace them all?
What eyes could see them all?
What ears could hear them all? 

Think of the ten thousand prayers pronounced in a hundred different tongues that go up at once, and all together, to His ear! Yet there is no confusion; none are lost; none are missed in the crowd. Nor are they heard by Him as, standing on yonder lofty crag, we hear the din of the city that lies stretched out far beneath us, with all its separate sounds of cries, and rumbling wheels, and human voices, mixed up into one deep, confused, hollow roar--like the boom of the sea's distant breakers. 

No! Every believer may feel as if he were alone with Jesus--enjoying a private audience of the King in His presence-chamber! 

Be of good cheer. Every groan of your wounded heart, your every sigh, and cry, and prayer--falls as distinctly on Jesus' ear as if you stood beside His throne; or, nearer still, lay with John on His bosom, and felt the beating of His heart against your own.

How full of encouragement and comfort is this to those, like us, who have sins to confess, sorrows to tell Him, and many a heavy care to cast upon His sympathy and kindness. 

Believer, let Him sustain your cares. Your case cannot be too difficult, nor can your burden be too heavy for the One who guides the rolling planets on their course, and bears on His unwearied arm the weight of the universe.

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 09 Aug 2020, 8:35 pm

Some things have to be believed to be seen! 

VOICE FROM HEAVEN    
"Now MY soul is troubled, and what shall I say? FATHER, save Mfrom this hour? But for this purpose I came to this hour. FATHER, glorify YOUR NAME. Then a VOICE came from heaven, saying— "I have both glorified it and will glorify it again." [John 12. 27 - 28] 

This was the last of three remarkable times during the earthly ministry of MESSIAH Y’SHUA when GOD THE FATHER spoke directly from heaven concerning HIS ONLY-BEGOTTEN SON. The first was when John baptized Y’SHUA in the Jordan River — "When Hhad been baptized, JESUS came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to HIM, and Hsaw the SPIRIT OF GOD descending like a dove and alighting upon HIM. And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying—This is MBELOVED SON, in whom I am well pleased." [Matthew 3:16–17; also,Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-22] 

This was primarily given to John, who was the forerunner of MESSIAH in the likeness of Elijah, who said— "I saw the SPIRIT descending from heaven like a dove, and Hremained upon HIM. I did not know HIM, but HWHO sent me to baptize with water said to me— Upon whom you see the SPIRIT descending, and remaining on HIM, this is HWHObaptizes with the HOLY SPIRIT. And I have seen and testified that this is the SON OF GOD." [John 1. 32 - 34] 

The second time the VOICE spoke concerning the SON was to three chosen disciples, Peter, James and John at MESSIAHtransfiguration. And behold, "a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying This is MBELOVED SON, in WHOM I am well pleased. Hear HIM!" [Matthew 17. 5] In later years, Peter recalled and wrote of this experience — "For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our LORD JESUSCHRIST, but were eyewitnesses of HIS majesty. For Hreceived from GOD THE FATHER honor and glory when such a VOICE came to HIM from the EXCELLENT GLORY"This is MBELOVED SON, in WHOM I am well pleased." And we heard this VOICE which came from heaven when we were with HIM on the holy mountain." [2 Peter 1. 16 - 19] 

The last illustrious words from the FATHER were in direct response to the prayer of HIS BELOVED SON, at the beginning of the final week before HEwas crucified. The message was to HIS SON, yet at the same time it wasfor the people. Y’SHUA said, "This VOICE did not come because of ME,but for your sake.  Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.  And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to MYSELF." This Hsaid signifying by what death Hwould die." [John 12. 19  30, 33] 

When GOD THE FATHER spoke from heaven, the message was to assure and encourage all HIS dear saints for all time. The LORD Y’SHUA ha’MASHIACH is the SON in whom GOD is glorified. Now, it’s your choice, will you be obedient to the MASTER and hear HIM? Your eternal life depends on it. 

Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
 Good Sabbath  the rest of love freely given — a rest of truth and sincerity — a rest in peace and tranquility, in quiet and safety — a perfect rest in which you find favor.
Shabbos of Ekev – Because" [Reading: Deuteronomy 7:12 - 11:25; Isaiah 49:14 – 51:3Matthew 16:13-20]
 We bow the head and bend the knee and magnify the KING of kings, WHO gave HIS life to redeem us from all our sins, blessed and praised be HE. O FATHER, forgive us, for foolishly we have strayed from YOU. O KING, pardon us for our sins are many. LORD OF HOSTS, WHOdwells above, YOU alone are GOD. Draw us nearer to YOU, for we seek repentance. Remember us unto life, be gracious to us according to YOUR abundant mercy. Thank YOU for your hand that is stretched out to receive all who repent, therefore we seek you early.
 O RIGHTEOUS ONE of mercy, glorify and cleanse us from sin and guilt. Forgive us our trespasses, though they are many, hear us, GOD of our fathers. Let not the gates of repentance be closed, bring us near to YOU, O GOD. For YOUR forgiveness, YOUR love, long-suffering, abundant kindness, infinite goodness and governing the whole world in mercy we desire and wait for. Make us again, YOUR heritage. Thank YOU for the honor of being YOURS; we truly are humbled and ever grateful for. Amen!
 Have a peaceful, enriching Shabbat by blessing others. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 08 Aug 2020, 11:00 pm

Guest Devotion

[size=26]The Job Description For a Jesus Follower

The basis of a good working relationship is a clear job description. All of the good management people will tell you that. When you take a job, you should be able to get an answer to the question, "So what do you expect me to do?" When you're in college, they give you this syllabus with all that's going to be expected of you. Now, here's when the papers are due, here's all the reading you have to do. And even though it's a little overwhelming, it's sort of a job description for a college student. Here's what we're going to expect of you. When you go to football practice and you work on the plays, the coach lets you know that we're in this situation, this is your job; this is where you're supposed to be. That's your job description.
Now, knowing what you are supposed to do is vital when it comes to being employed. You're going to have the best working relationship when your employer has written your job description very clearly. One guy said, "I found out what my job description was the day I was fired." "Okay, that's what I was supposed to be doing, huh?" Well, a lot of people carry out their most important assignment without ever consulting their job description.

Our word for today from the Word of God comes from Mark 3. I'm going to begin reading at verse 13. "Jesus went up on a mountainside and called to Him those He wanted and they came to Him. He appointed twelve, designating them apostles..." Now, stand by; here comes the job description. Three responsibilities: "...that they might be with Him, that He might send them out to preach, and to have authority to drive out demons." Okay, I think this job description really applies to anyone who really wants to follow Jesus closely as a modern day disciple. If you want to be the kind of person whom God can use, this is that kind of job description.
Notice the first part. Isn't that a surprising first assignment? "All right, guys, your first job is (drum roll please): Be with Me. Not to do anything. Spend time with Me." That's your first responsibility, to be with Jesus. You get in the huddle as a football player before you make any plays. You get in the huddle with your Lord, Jesus Christ, on a daily basis before you head out to the field. That's where the power comes from. You fill up with Jesus before you head into your responsibilities. That sums up your number one priority for this job, "Be with Me." Jesus said. "I chose you to be with Me."
Then He says, "I want you to go and tell people. I want you to go and preach." That's the second responsibility you and I have: To leave the safety of our little Christian cocoon and literally go and tell people verbally, not just with our lives, but verbally tell them that what happened on that middle cross was for them. Tell them what He told you when you were with Him.
And then the third responsibility it talks about is exercising authority over the devil. So the third part in our day-to-day is to push back the darkness. Jesus said, "I'm in the business of reclaiming lives and pushing back the darkness, and I want you with the way you live to do the same thing."
See, there are people that you know that are lives that Satan has. They don't know that. They don't intend for that. But he is having his way with them. So go in Jesus' power. Bring your Jesus into every situation and push back the darkness, and challenge Him that he cannot keep lives he now controls. And as you tell them about Jesus, you are part of the liberating of that life.
The job description for us as followers of Christ isn't rules, going to meetings, offices to hold, activities to go to. It's three exciting lifetime assignments: Be with Jesus, go and tell about Jesus, and push back the darkness with the power of Jesus. If you're doing those, you're doing the job and your Master is ready to say these precious words to you, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Copyright © Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 06 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm

THINK ON THESE THINGS AND BE JOYFUL 

“In the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulcher.  And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door and sat upon it…Matthew 28:1-2.”

Death comes to visit us all, the small and the great, the rich and the poor, the prince and the pauper. None escapes death’s grasp.   When Jesus was crucified, tears were shed.  Many did not remember His telling them that He would rise from the grave. All they could see was the natural, He was gone. He was carried away and placed in the tomb..  Death had taken a great man, but God was coming out of that tomb.

The thing that blocked the entrance of that tomb was a great stone. It was not placed to keep things from coming out, but from tomb robbers from coming in. The great Roman Army in conjunction with religious leaders of that day had placed a strong watch to ensure no one broke into the tomb. Why they even mentioned that he had prophesied he would rise after three days. They wanted to ensure no one took his body. It became a symbol of the power and authority of the evil forces; Satanic forces that had the world in his grasp and the evil forces he manipulated, the Roman Army and false religious leaders.  They had made it impossible for things to break in, but not from one coming out.

When it was time, Jesus rose from the slab of rock where he lay and came towards that stone. An angel from heaven descended and moved that offending symbol and did not just move it, he sat on it. Jesus went on to appear to his disciples and others, the angel sat on the stone. He sat to show the victory of Jesus over the evil forces in this world both spiritual and physical.

With this one act God has shown that if Jesus can defeat the greatest of man’s enemies, that being death and the grave, he can help us overcome any problem we face while we live.  “And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.” (John 14:13)  However, we realize we need to ask things in accordance to his will and his will can be found in his word (1 John 5:14-15). “And this is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask anything according to his will, he heareth us. And if we know that he hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.”

Mary Magdalene and the other Mary approached the tomb of Jesus with sadness, but they went away with Joy. They came with a broken heart, but they left with their joy fulfilled and their cup overflowing with happiness.  So shall it be for those that grieve over their loved ones when they die in Christ?   For those that die shall rise from the grave too as Jesus did. Death will put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, and then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory”. (1 Co. 15:54)  Those loved ones we have lost, who were Christians, we will see again. We will rejoice again and our joy will be overflowing just like Mary Magdalene and the other Mary.

When the enemy tries to cloud your mind with doubt about this, look back at Matthew 28 verse 2. The stone was rolled away; the angel did sit on the stone. Death was defeated, Jesus did rise from the grave, and we will see our loved ones again. Look towards that happy time and remember these words found in Philippians 4:8: “Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest; whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; think on these things..”   Think about these things and be joyful, we will all have a big reunion one day.

I Think I Can't

One of the first books I remember hearing my parents read to me, and actually one of the first books my kids remember us reading to them, is that famous little classic, "The Little Engine That Could." You probably remember the story of that load of toys that no train was able to pull up the mountain to get those poor little children their toys on the other side. Well, no train that is, until this unlikely little engine volunteered to give it a try. And against all odds, he made it, puffing out those four inspiring words - listen, if you remember them, say them with me now: "I think I can! I think I can!" (Yeah, you got it!) And he inspired us to believe that we could do anything if we had that same confidence. Unfortunately, I have a scandalous secret to tell you. The little engine lied to us!
I'm Ron Hutchcraft and I want to have A Word With You today about "I Think I Can't."
In a strange way, "I think I can't" turns out to be much more powerful than "I think I can." I know, the book had a good point. But what I'm saying is this: You start to understand that as you bring your life under the leadership of the Lord, Jesus Christ, you begin to understand the powerful things that can happen when you're finally ready to say to God, "I think I can't, and only You can!"
Listen to one of the most highly trained, highly skilled, highly motivated men in all of the Bible, the great Apostle Paul. He's speaking in our word for today from the Word of God in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, and he starts with God's answer to his prayer for deliverance from his "thorn in the flesh" - some frustrating, incurable condition he could not get rid of. He says, "But the Lord said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness'." Then he reports this startling discovery he made when he faced something he couldn't fix and he couldn't control, "When I am weak, then I am strong."
Paul said that when he reached the point of "I can't." God's power flooded in, in a way that made him stronger than he had ever been when he was strong. In Paul's strength that is. Some of us are inveterate "little engines that could." We always have a plan, we can always make a way, and we can always solve it. (Sounds like somebody I know who has a radio program.)
And while we'll ask God to help us, we still hang onto control. Until it reaches the point of being seemingly hopeless, the point where we're ready to totally take our hands off of it, wave the white flag and say, "God, it's all Yours. I release it completely. Only You can do this!" And God says, "I've been waiting so long for you to say that. Now fasten your seat belt."
Of course, you don't have to wait until you're at the end. You could realize that reality that you can't long before you're forced to conclude that. When you don't know what to do, you claim God's promise that "if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously" (James 1:5). Sometimes, I sit at my desk and I literally say out loud, "God, I lack wisdom here. I have no idea what to do." And soon I've got insight I never had before. Remember that Jesus said, "Blessed are the poor in spirit (that means totally dependent, the ones who admit they're 'broke'), for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:3).
When you're out of strength, Isaiah 40:29 says, "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." But you have to admit that's you. You've got to [size=16]admit you're the weary, you're the weak. I learned it when I was a little kid, that song "Jesus Loves Me." And I learned the words to that when I was about six years old, but it took me decades to finally live them. These words, "they are weak, but He is strong." When you're at the end of you, you're at the beginning of the awesome power of God.

When you know Christ, you are never more powerful than when you're powerless.

Copyright © Ron Hutchcraft Ministries, Inc.

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 05 Aug 2020, 9:50 pm

If anyone would like to receive my devotions directly, please email me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

SUFFICIENT GRACE

“And He has said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness…2 Corinthians 12:9.”

This passage in 2 Corinthians 12:9 is God’s response to the Apostle Paul after he prayed three times for the Lord to take away his thorn in the flesh.   Paul wanted God to take the thorn away but God wanted the thorn to stay.   Why would God refuse to remove this affliction from Paul’s life?  The Apostle answers this question in 2 Corinthians 12:7:

“Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!”

This answer is true and adequate.   We know God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.  But I believe by the Lord telling Paul, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness” He intended to accomplish much more in Paul’s life and ministry than a lesson in humility.  The Lord was teaching Paul of His all-sufficient grace, so Paul’s affliction would work for him and not against him.  Through the grace of God, Paul learned his affliction was not a liability but a gift from the Father of Lights.  

Yet, Paul had to trust God and accept his affliction as a gift so God could accomplish His purposes with it through his life.   Paul found he could draw near with confidence to the throne of grace so that he might receive mercy and find grace to help in his time of need.. (Hebrews 4:16) and with his pastor’s heart, he wanted the believers at Corinth to know that grace is God’s provision for their every need when they need it.   Paul learned through his afflictions the Lord would cover his weakness with His power.   Therefore, he could say with confidence, “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” (Phil. 4:13)  

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 4:7-9: “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves; we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”  God knows this treasure we have can only be seen by others when our vessel is broken and cracked so His light can shine through.   The power of God is the miracle of others seeing in us, in the midst of our pressures and trials, the character and the life of Jesus coming out.

Knowing God’s grace is sufficient for us, for power is perfected in weakness means God can use the weak.   Accepting, acknowledging, and allowing God to use our infirmities make it possible for God’s grace to accomplish its work in and through our lives.  We are not super people but people serving a super God.   God’s grace, therefore, means physical affliction need not be a barrier to effective Christian service.  God doesn’t accomplish His work in spite of our weaknesses but because of our weaknesses when given in faith to Him.  He wants to demonstrate that there is an obvious love and joy and peace about our life that can never be explained in terms of us, but always in terms of God at work in and through our lives.

Paul, through his many difficult experiences, witnessed the perfecting power of Christ turning his infirmities into assets for God's Glory.   We can do the same!   We have only to trust in the One who always has our best interest at heart.   The Bible says, “But if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not feel ashamed, but in that name let him glorify God.” (1 Pet. 4:16) The Apostle Paul trusted God’s word and it allowed God to mold and shape him into the image of His Beloved Son.  We too can trust when God is working, He will cause all things, even our infirmities, to work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28)

A Word In Due Season

WHERE ART THOU?

Scripture:  Genesis 3:9  "The Lord God called unto Adam, and said to him, Where art thou?"

When God first created Adam and Eve, He created them in His own image.  They were surrounded with His glory and never took notice that they were naked.  When they sinned it destroyed the glory that surrounded them and revealed their nakedness.  When they saw themselves exposed, fear infiltrated their hearts and the guilt and shame that overpowered them caused them to run and hide from God.  God searched the garden diligently and His voice called to them like a loving Father searching for His lost children.  After a long conversation with them about the sin that they had committed, God again clothed Adam and Eve, but this time it was with coats from the skins of animals.  God then forced them to leave the Garden of Eden.

God's voice is still sounding in the world today.  Have you noticed how loud God's voice seems when you have disobeyed Him in some area of your life?  You may pray a hundred prayers and wonder if God has heard you.  But the minute you use those same lips to say something that is not good, you feel God's Spirit of conviction and hear His voice of correction speaking to you.  It's like thunder in your ears.  You stand there stripped in His presence, and like Adam and Eve, you want to hide.  However, you soon learn that you cannot hide from God, for He knows the garden too well.  His eyes run to and fro until He locates you.  He brings you to a place that you must acknowledge where you are and what you have done.  Because God is full of mercy, He offers you repentance, and because of His faithfulness and grace, He forgives. 

God's grace and mercy is never a license to sin.  When the woman who was caught in the act of adultery was brought to Jesus, He not only said, "I forgive you," He also confronted her sin and said, "Go, and sin no more."  God's forgiveness always demands change within our heart and in our actions.  It would be great if we obeyed God's every command and never sinned, but God knows that we are frail humanity and that this is never going to happen.  Jesus was the only one who has ever lived on this earth without sin.  He alone is holy and fully moral.  Jesus understands our temptations, and as the Good Shepherd, He will leave the ninety-nine good sheep and search for the one that has strayed out of the sheepfold.

If you have failed in some point and are hiding under a shroud of guilt and shame, allow the Holy Spirit to reveal the secrets of your heart to your loving Father.  God is calling your name and asking, "Where are you?"  He is diligently searching for you because He wants to forgive you, restore you, and clothe you in His righteousness. +++

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Aug 2020, 7:52 pm

A Word In Due Season

PERSEVERE IN FAITH

Scripture:  Hebrews 10:36 (Living Bible) "You need to persevere (or have patience) so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what He has promised."

You must keep on patiently doing the will of God if you want Him to do all that He has promised to do for you.  God's promise is simple.  If you persevere and do your part, He will do His part.  You must endure to the end.  You cannot stop short of the goal that is set before you
 because the prize will only be awarded to those who cross the finish line.  Jesus endured the cross until the end, and then He said, "It is finished."  Paul continued serving the Lord through various trials until one day he could say, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course.."

Paul also said, "Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not" (Galatians 6:9).  It is very easy to give up right when you are on the edge of a miracle.  Look at the situation with God's people, Israel.  God led them out of Egypt with signs and wonders and did mighty miracles in their midst.  God protected them and provided for all of their needs, yet they would not persevere in faith.  It is amazing that they saw Him do such magnificent things, yet they could not maintain their faith in this miracle working God.  And because of their unbelief, they gave up and never received His promise.  God could not do His part simply because they did not do their part.

Joshua and Caleb, along with the younger generation, were the only ones that entered into the Promised Land.  Numbers 14:24 tells us that because Caleb had another spirit and followed the Lord fully, he was able to possess the land.  He persevered in faith.  At the age of eighty-five, Caleb was still declaring that he was strong enough to possess God's promise.  In Joshua 14:12 Caleb said, "Give me this mountain ... I shall be able to drive my enemies out, as the Lord has said."  He went to battle, drove out the giants, and conquered his mountain.

God waits for you to persevere in faith like Caleb.  Regardless of your age or what has happened in your life, the promise that God gave to you is still alive and is still yours.  Put your trust in God and He will help you take the mountain and defeat the giants that stand in your way.  If you persevere in faith and do your part, God will do His part. +++

[size=48]My Manna

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you." Hosea 10:12. 

​​
Revival is that sovereign work of God-
- in which He visits His own people, 
- restoring and releasing them into the fullness of His blessing.

Over the years I've often gotten emails asking-
"Do you think revival will ever come to our country?, 
When do you think it will come?" 

A key aspect of world revival is revival within ourselves. 
Revival must begin within each of us.

It's not just a one time event but an ongoing process of desiring to be closer to Him. 

Once, a lady asked Billy Sunday "Why do you keep having revival meetings?" 

And he quickly retorted, "Why do you always take a bath?"

Revival is an ongoing transformation of our hearts- 
to be constantly moved by the Spirit of God.

We need to be daily breaking up our fallow ground-
- those places in our hearts which we've allowed to grow hard. 

How? 

We have to first ask the Lord to reveal those hard places-
- pray that He would forgive us and 
- ask Him to heal all our rough edges that we might be soft before Him and sensitive to His leading. 

Only then will we be changed and be in a place-
- where we can contribute to revival around us.[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next