World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
my Day EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
my Day EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
my Day EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
my Day EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
my Day EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
my Day EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
my Day EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
my Day EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
my Day EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
my Day EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
my Day EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
my Day EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
my Day EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
my Day EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
my Day EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
my Day EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
my Day EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
my Day EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
my Day EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
my Day EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

my Day

Go down

my Day Empty Re: my Day

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 3:00 pm

Hi Eva
It's been hot and humid also here in UK.  I used to love sitting out in the sun but these days only for very short periods, I can't handle the heat as when I was younger.  Plus what I do on the net keep me quite busy, especially over at Jesus' Place Delphi Forum where people ask for more information on current event news, so I go searching the internet.

Your garden sound lovely with the elderberry bushes it's years since I went out for walks so I don't see any these days, apparently they are rich in vit C, a friend of mine have made elderberry wine, although I've never tasted, I have tried the fruit which I didn't particularly like. Not fond of blackberries either, and cut these down as they sprout up in my garden there really isn't enough room for them. Sorry your skin so fragile  it certainly not worth you getting so scratched and cut for them.
I stick to the raspberries and strawberries. 
For some reason my broad beans not doing so good, maybe because we don't see as many bees around these days, but thefrench beans are doing fine.
Well hun I need to catch up with other stuff.
You have a good day.
Blessings Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Wed 18 Jun 2014, 5:38 pm

Elaine,
Today is very hot with high humidity and has driven me indoors. I guess I'll concentrate on cleaning and dusting I have let go for awhile. UGH! tongue  I hate housework! tongue  tongue  tongue I haven't had a chance to check out the site you told me about, maybe when I sit down to rest after while, I can.  

I have elderberry bushes at the edge of my yard and they are in bloom.. Makes my yard smell heavenly I love you I make jelly and syrup out of the berries. I also have blackberries, but they are so small this year in spite of the rain we have had... I don't know if they will be worth getting scratched up picking them. As I have what the doctor calls "fragile skin" I can bump my arm against something and it will scrap the skin and I will bleed, so you can imagine what I will look like after the berry bushes gets through with me! But... the jelly and syrup is worth it.
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 17 Jun 2014, 11:07 am

Hi Eva,
Good to read that your feeling great! You have been so busy. Yes it's wonderful to get into bed with the fresh smell of sheets that's been hung on the line, especially after a days work in the garden. 
We have been busy in the garden, not so much of a revamp but my son had put up a small tunnel for some planting and things are coming along nicely. I don't use pellets and this way we manage to keep out the slugs and snails. 
I've only a small back-yard but manage to squeeze lots in there. Only a few weeks ago I used the last of the raspberries I had frozen and there are plenty growing again nicely, even though we do need some more sunshine to ripen them. We have had such a wet time here in UK. 

I rarely drink coffee but I have my cuppa tea with me as I'm writing to you. We will have those times together when we all get to heaven. 

Even now I'm multi-tasking lol I'm watching Revelation TV the best Christian Channel with such a variety of programs. Most of the Presenters are volunteers and much are broadcast live, today there are two ladies on R.Mornings who discuss events and newspaper headlines, we are able to email or text in with our thoughts, they always bring attention to the scriptures and bring some video clips of interest. 
It's not like other TV who are forever asking for money, although RevTV do have a target to have their own studio as at present they use rental. Howard was reluctant but really felt it was leading of God. They are transparent where any money go and only have a few on staff necessary who have salary, the founder Howard do not take a salary. 

Your also able to watch online if your interested and there is some Catchup of other programs.
http://www.revelationtv.com/webdev/
I need to catchup with other things now.
You have a good day dear one
Blessings Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm

Elaine,
I am feeling great ( I just ignore the aches and pains that come with my age) and have been working in my yard. I got my laundry on the line and some brought in and bed made. I love smelling the fresh air on my sheets at night. After a bath, in pajamas that were on the line and fresh sheets! A recipe for a good nights sleep.    Very Happy 
    I wish we lived close enough to visit each other. I think we would be good friends. We could start the morning off with a cup of coffee for me and tea for you?? I like tea too so... 

And yes, I hate the "I told you so". I don't know why a person feels the need to put another down that way. Do they think that kicking a person when they are down actually helps them or teaches them a lesson???  

your friend,
Eva
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 16 Jun 2014, 10:17 pm

Good to see you online Eva,
I didn't reply earlier on your thread not to give you extra to deal with for notifications should you get them, but prayers have been sent up.
I'm hesitant to say but WILL lol don't you just hate it when people say I TOLD YOU SO.
Darling Eve, your so much like me, a work donkey when a job need doing. Hopefully you are at least a little better. 
Speaking from my own experiences it is many years later I'm learning I'm not Sampson.
Take it easy hun.
Love Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Sun 01 Jun 2014, 8:25 pm

I just spent 20 hours in a 16 hour trip with my sons to see their dying father. We visited 4 hours and drove back home! I am beat and hurting... Talk to you in a day or two.
Love Eva
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 29 May 2014, 9:29 pm

grandma dolittle wrote:Elaine,
I spent the day hurting from my neck. I finally went to the chiropractor... the best hour I have spent in sometime. My neck still hurts, but he said it would for a couple days and then I should see some relief. My neck was out in a couple places. At any rate, I have an excuse to be lazy for awhile as the doctor said I was to do nothing... not even cook supper! I love that guy.
Awe, All that lifting of stones must also have contributed.  Then you must take the Doctors advice, take a well earned break and relax.
Blessings Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Thu 29 May 2014, 3:21 am

Elaine,
I spent the day hurting from my neck. I finally went to the chiropractor... the best hour I have spent in sometime. My neck still hurts, but he said it would for a couple days and then I should see some relief. My neck was out in a couple places. At any rate, I have an excuse to be lazy for awhile as the doctor said I was to do nothing... not even cook supper! I love that guy.
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 May 2014, 5:50 pm

Oh! Bless you. We certainly don't bounce back as we did when younger. You have been having a very rough time  Rolling Eyes and thanks be you escaped the fire even though caught yourself on the rake, ending up with two shiners!

Sorry you had to go through horrid tests but thankful to read no tumors. I hope you don't have to wait too long for the theraphy to help right things.  You say your aware of this due to have had autistic students and you had to use a program to help them.

I can understand you tired of these gravity checks but let us hope and pray will sort you out. 
I'm not very steady on my feet, but as long as I rest lots I'm usually Okay. all my broken and fractured bones have mostly come from Road accident pillion on a motorbike when I was just 15yrs old, which means having to cope with arthritis. 

I'm thankful to God still able to walk even though only in short bursts. When one consider they were thinking of amputate my leg also my arm, God been good to me as I still have all my limbs even if not working perfectly.

We really need to be extra careful as we get older, I will be having a hearing aid shortly, maybe that will help me with my balance as so wobbly on my legs one would think me drunk.
Just take it easy hun especially with those large rocks your trying to shift, Is there anyone that could maybe help?
BTW Glad you have gone over to Jesus' Place hope you enjoy the discussions and maybe there is something you would like to contribute to or even start your own topic.
Love and Blessings  I love you Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Wed 28 May 2014, 12:43 am

For the past four years I have fallen for no reason and let me tell you that ground is harder now than it used to be! I have fallen off my back porch (five steps) twice, in my yard four times, and once along the lake side. I have broken ribs twice and hit my head on a rock and had a huge pump knot and a black eye for two weeks! The last time I almost fell into a leaf fire I was burning. I caught myself with the rake and decided it was time to talk to the doctor. I was sent to a ENT for a bunch of horrible tests and went to see him today for the results. The good news was my brain is clear... no tumor! Praise God! However, I do have fluid in my ear and have vestibulor problems. For you that don't know, vestibulor deals with how the brain reads the senses. Many autistic people live with this. The vestibulor  tells my brain if I am balanced. I am not.  I have to go to therapy for them to help my vestibulor system right itself. I have done this many time with my autistic students to help them calm down, I just never dreamed I would need it to help me stay upright! Personally I am getting tiredmy Day Arrow-10x10 of these gravity checks my Day Grin my Day Grin
my Day Modify_inline
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 26 May 2014, 7:20 am

Hi Grandma
I didn't find the time to reply to you yesterday, I was extremely busy, catching up with my posts over at Jesus' Place, it gets very busy with the Bible Studies and Discussions over there..Your home is a delight to read of, I live in the Town and the backyard is not very big, but I make it pleasant for us to sit out and also planting that we can enjoy some homegrown food. My neighbour did have chickens, they were in a run and he would pop over some eggs for me. He decided to clear and now have pot's of fruit trees instead. I have two Staffordshire terriers, they were both rescue dogs. Cai I named her Cairo after my visit to Egypt as she look like the sands, she was spayed for free as a street dog, she has many health problems and just a few weeks ago had to have a tumor removed, they said if it comes back they wouldn't remove again, she is a darling and about 10/11 years old.I dread having to make that decision and pray it will not come back.

Sorry of the loss of your brother Frank, but the sting somewhat softened by meeting up with your family which was good for you because you don't get to see much of them. 
I love all the seasons and each bring their beauty, I agree with you about the mountains, there must be another reason, as our Bible say is  about six thousand years old. I watch Revelation TV and there is Dr. Grady Mcmurtry who was an Evolution Scientist Lecturer but now Creation Scientist, he has excellent programmes explaing creation and appear on Skype at times for Live Q and A Shows.
I always recommend Revelation TV they have a huge variety of shows many Live and most are volunteers who Host as they run on a shoestring, your also able to watch them online if your unable to get them on your TV apparently some do over the pond and say can buy a ROKU box which is inexpensive and no more to pay to receive the many channels.

I love where I live and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. In fact it was answer to prayer. But that is a very long story and you may get the picture if you should read my Testimony thread I put up some rough notes of How I came to Jesus and the many miracles.
Well Grandma I need to get going on reading my notifications over at Jesus' Place, see what need to replying to and get on with my postings. I'm expecting my daughter and grandchildren today, so need to make a early start.
You take care dear heart, especially with those large stones and make sure to take rests.
Blessings Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Sun 25 May 2014, 2:14 am

Elaine,
It sounds delightful where you live. I love birds and feed them too. Because I have three cats, they don't nest to close to the house, but come back to eat. I also have 2 dachshunds, my neighbor has two Boston Terriers and another neighbor has 2 dachshunds. I have 7 free ranging hens and a rooster and the animals all get along and don't bother each other. 

First thing this morning I had to take my female dachshund, Louise to the vet to be spayed. She is going on seven and has had a litter, sometimes two every year. Her last litter, she had seizures and ran a high fever when the pups were two weeks old. I rushed her to the vet and she had calcium deficiency. She dried up and I had to bottle feed five pups on goats milk, and see that the mother had her meds. I didn't want that litter, but I didn't have the money to take her to the vet then. She really is my daughter's dog, but when she moved away, I inherited Louise.

Then I spent the morning working on my patio. I am having to use huge flat rocks as I don't have commercial bricks. It looks ok, but sure is a lot of work. I came in to check my email and read your message, but the next thing I knew my neighbor asked what I was doing?? I was a sleep!!! So I proceeded to take a nap. 

I went back to the vet's to pick up Louise and my brother called. I met him at the cemetery at my oldest brother, Frank's grave. Frank died last July and his wife and son wanted me to meet them there. My Brother,Bill and his wife, Gerri was with them. So it was a nice visit even with the sadness of missing Frank.  They all live away from here so I don't get to see them much. By the time the visit was over, it was time to call it a day, eat something and settle down for the evening. I am waiting for dark to fall so my chickens will go to roost in the hen house and I can shut them up for the night to keep critters from getting them.

I live in the Ozark hills which are very high, but the Ozark Mountains are all around us a few miles from us. They are the oldest mountains in the US and are called dome mountains because they have been worn down over the (scientist say millions of years, but my Bible seems to say thousands of years). However, I love it here as it is beautiful. When the leaves begin to bud and the Redbuds bloom and the Dogwoods follow a few days later. the the world seems to burst out green and with colorful flowers everywhere. The fall is the reverse with flowers dying nan going to seed while the leaves turn from green to yellow, red, orange, and brown. It  is a wonderful place to live. Not much in the way of economic growth or jobs to be had, but nothing can be perfect except what God makes.
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 24 May 2014, 8:35 pm

Hi Grandma,
Sorry you lost contact with Sister in Christ when World Wide Christians was closed down. Do you remember her online name? I only know of one other than myself a lady from Cardiff Wales, she changed her name a few times but if you can remember maybe it would jog my memory as this lady have joined over at Jesus' Place where it is more active. She was very clever making graphics for the group but unfortunately her eyesight not good these days. She don't post often but I see her on the visitors list over there, where she probably come to read.

I live in a Valley surrounded by mountains well they call them hills unless a certain height but we always refer to them as mountains. 
Your garden sounds beautiful I'm sure you will get it done before your 80 lol but you will be finding some new changes you will want to make right up to 80 and plus. Glad to read your sensible and take rests.

There seem to be always something different happening in my garden lately. I was pleasant surprised when a Sparrow hawk which is practically extinct sat for ages on a high garden fence in my back yard. I was worried as I feed the birds and get sparrows, I don't see as many these days and didn't want them eaten. I rang my daughter in West Wales who have a partime job helping Farmers know best hedgerow to grow for the environment and habitat, she said Mum just leave nature take it's course, don't frighten it away.

Well the latest is that we have two Mallard Ducks lodgers who have decided to make their home in my front garden the last 2 days.I checked online what to feed, White bread is bad for them and apparently they also are protected species in UK, lol my first thought was Oh free duck eggs for breakfast but.your not allowed to shush them out of your garden or disturb their nest, They have probably come from the nearbye Castle moat.
Anyway I had shared my wholemeal seedy bread with them, and my son placed out some water with duckweed which is in the barrel out our backyard. We have had prolific rain here past few days, but the pond I had been filled in since my grandchildren came along. Maybe they will stay? maybe they will return to the Castle Moat, meanwhile, I have been to the shop to get some reduced price fruit and bread to help eek out my purse and feed the larger birds out front, Glad I got dogs as I see we can also feed them some of that dried food stuff.
Well it's been good to talk. But now I need to get on with my postings at this site also over at Jesus' Place Site. I have already replied there to a few posts made to me. I thank God for what I'm able to do online.
Blessings to you and hope you have a good day.
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Sat 24 May 2014, 3:43 am

Elaine.
By sister I mean Sister in Christ. I have no sisters. I was the only girl with four brothers. Two older and two younger than me. Needless to say, I was spoiled rotten and I still am by my brothers. Sadly, we lost the one just younger than me in 1994 and the oldest last year. It broke my heart as my brothers have always been my heros and protectors. 

The sister in Christ that lives in Wales, I don't know where she lives as I lost contact when the World Wide Christians Online site closed down. The picture you showed is lovely. I live in the country too and I love it. My garden of flowers is the naturalized look. I have flowers planted everywhere. I enjoy seeing them which ever way I turn my head. I have to do the mowing and weed eating because my son is apt to mow them down. I have a lot of different kind of wild flowers blooming in my yard too.  I have red Fire Pinks, lavender Bee Balm, purple and white violets, white Daisys, yellow Brown eyed Susies, White Foxgloves, purple  Wild Phylox, purple Lamb's Ears, Blue Trilyams. that plus my different colored irises makes a colorful splash in my yard.

I work for awhile then take a break. At the rate I am going, I'll be 80 before I get it finished! You are right about the spirit being will, but the body can't do it. My youngest brother is fond of saying his mind is always writing a check his body can't cash.That is me too. I have to keep reminding myself that I am not 40 years old!

It is time for me to go to bed. Have a great day tomorrow and may God watch over you.

Grandma
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 22 May 2014, 3:29 pm

Hi Grandma,
I can think of nothing better than to be out in the garden, especially when you have worked hard in having it just as you want. As I have become more disabled I have had to have things different and more of patio type but still have my pots and some raised beds which I'm able to plant in. Years ago I had more of a cottage type style, much of it looked after itself, well of course it is God who made everything to grow. 

You take care in building your patio, make sure not to overdo it and strain yourself. The spirit may be willing but at our age it tells on us.  I'm sure your going to be able to sit back later to enjoy your creation.

As you probably know in watching the BBC weather news we have had downpour with thunder and lightening at present. Just right for me as this waters much better than from a hose. I wonder  which part of Wales your sister lives I'm in South Wales and my eldest daughter live in West Wales, although it is just over an hour to visit, she works odd hours so we only get together on special occasions but she do post on her Facebook page pictures of her journeys visiting her clients, as a carer. The countryside so beautiful in Wales, I so enjoy seeing her photos this makes me feel closer to her and as if I am in the car with her.

This was 1 hour ago
Called No Rush
my Day 10329233_10152441138779134_1572058531579105698_n
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  grandma dolittle on Wed 21 May 2014, 3:14 am

Elaine,
There is just something about the fresh air and the beauty all around me that calls my name. I don't mind any yard work, but to wash the dishes No  I have been building my patio by myself and I am proud of the shape it is taking. Not bad for 68 years old. I can't take the credit, God did the work and I puttered. As least I am telling my aching body that Very Happy 

I always check BBC news every morning and I check out Wales as another sister lives in Wales too. I like to know a bit of what is going on and the weather. It makes me feel closer to her. I need to put my aching body to bed as I want to finish my patio in the morning.

grandma
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 May 2014, 9:03 am

Hi Grandma Dolittle,
Great to hear from you and that you have taken time out to visit here.
The past few days we have been blessed with beautiful dry sunny weather in Wales U.K. and like you I have been spending time in the garden doing a little weeding, and some seed planting, like you to encourage the butterfly, bees and other worker insects. 
My son have done all the hard work as I'm disabled and these days unable to accomplish much without his help.
He had made an early start in our grow tunnel of some of the veg that could do with some extra warmth. He's not a keen gardner but with this tunnel is taking a greater interest.

I have a very friendly Robin who had been following me around and I needed to be careful not to step on him.
He even followed my son up to our open door as if to say are you coming back out.  Very Happy 

We had  rain late yesterday so God provided rather than us use hose to water.
Enjoy your day whatever the weather.
Blessings Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

my Day Empty my Day

Post  grandma dolittle on Mon 19 May 2014, 9:54 pm

Hi all,
I have spent the day working in my yard and house. Never a spare moment until I make one. I have chosen to sit here for my break,rest and chat with fellow Christians as God has given me an absolutely gorgeous day for my out side work and laundry on the line. Very Happy I can't stay too long as I have to plan a layout for my hummingbird and butterfly garden. I have the seeds to plant.
grandma dolittle
grandma dolittle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum