World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 1:57 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 1:44 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Sat 06 Oct 2018, 11:59 am

Date: October 6, 2018 at 2:42 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The "Walking Dead"

The "Walking Dead"

"He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels."  Revelation 3:5

Scripture Focus: Revelation 3

Sardis was a church of weak faith. Many in Sardis had "soiled their garments," but a few had not. Those few were deemed worthy by our Lord and would walk before Him in white. The church at Sardis thought they were "alive," but Jesus said they were "dead." Sadly, that criticism is still true for the church today. Every one of us would do well to examine ourselves and honestly ask if we, too, have become part of the "walking dead," carrying on in corruption and sin but thinking we still honor Christ. The truth of the matter is that sin never honors Christ. If we don't address our sin but instead commend ourselves for how much we do for Jesus, then we are spiritually dead. If you, like me, face your sin day after day, you may wonder how you can possibly escape this despair. You can because of Jesus who proclaimed, "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead and behold I am alive for ever and ever" (Revelation 1:18). Your Savior dressed in white has rescued you from sin, death, and hell!

Insight: Resist the temptation to think of yourself as righteous; only in the robes of His righteousness are we worthy.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Oct 2018, 9:31 pm

Date: October 5, 2018 at 12:45 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Unique Competence in Christ

Unique Competence in Christ

"Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God." 2 Corinthians 3:4-5 

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 3

Who is competent for the work of God? Apart from Christ taking our inabilities and faults and making us presentable to God, no one is. Paul's human ability was not the reason he was successful as an evangelist or preacher. He was successful only because he realized he was not sufficient for these things, but that Christ was his sufficiency. All ability and power to minister come from God, not from us. When you try to do well in this world but ignore the One who enables you to begin with, you quickly realize your inadequacy. Often I have heard believers lament that if only they had the gifts of someone like Paul, what amazing things they would accomplish. Nonsense! God made each of us unique physically but also spiritually. He developed you so that as you grow and are melded into Christ's likeness, you become His perfect instrument to carry out His will. Never envy other Christians' abilities or successes. God has a particular plan for you, a plan which began before all time and which was sealed in His dying for you at the cross.

Insight: Seeking success for its own sake will beat you down. But seeking the Spirit will cause you success you can't even imagine.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Oct 2018, 4:46 pm

Date: October 2, 2018 at 1:43 AM

Topic: +DEV+  His Comforting Hand

His Comforting Hand

"I, even I, am he who comforts you. Who are you that you should fear mortal men,? I have, covered you with the shadow of my hand."  Isaiah 51:12, 16

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 51

In the midst of suffering-through loss of jobs, health, relationships, even life-we all experience fear and worry. Will I lose my house? What happens if I get sick while I have no medical insurance? How can I go on when the one I love has gone on without me? Why should I go on when I've been rejected and cast aside? Will this ever end? There are no quick answers for any of these questions. Deep wounds may take a long time to heal. Slow healing is often more beneficial than an instant cure. One reason for that is because in the time of healing, we take time to reflect on the comfort we received from our Lord. How is it that you can endure your hardship and survive it? Through Jesus! Whether or not you ever receive a definite answer to your questions about why you are suffering, know that the Lord your Maker will comfort you in it all. His words of encouragement found in the Bible will sustain you. The shadow of His hand will be felt even if it cannot be seen, and He will bring you through to the other side.
Insight: "I have put my words in your mouth," the Lord says (vs. 16). They are in your mind and heart to strengthen and comfort you!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Oct 2018, 10:03 pm

Date: October 1, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Delivered from Pressure

Delivered from Pressure

"We were under great pressure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead."  2 Corinthians 1:8b-9

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1

"Under great pressure." Can you identify with that? We all know the feeling when it seems the weight of the world is upon us. We can't imagine how we'll ever get through. We may even reach the point of thinking we would rather die and be done with it than have to endure any longer. "But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God." Paul's explanation is ours, too. Of course, we do not know all the workings of God's purposes in allowing suffering in our lives, pain that even takes us to the breaking point. However, we can always know we are to rely on Him and not ourselves while going through it. That is the reason we can accept whatever circumstances we are in: God is with us. "On Him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us" (vs. 10b). God is your hope and your deliverer, not just now in this situation. He was there in the past, and He will continue to be with you in the future. He who Himself raised Jesus from the dead can bring us out of the despairing, crushing circumstances we face.

Insight: Trust in Him and not in yourself. On your own you cannot conquer the pressures of life.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Sep 2018, 6:40 pm

Date: September 27, 2018 at 1:42 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Comfort in Suffering

Comfort in Suffering

"Praise be to God,, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."  2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1

If you are undergoing suffering, spend some time reading the first nine chapters of 2 Corinthians. You will resonate with knowing the comfort and encouragement of God through dark times. The Christians I speak to who are facing difficulty never say they enjoy the suffering. It is painful while it happens. But often afterward they see the good that has come out of it. Through faith, they have been comforted by God in each step of their distressing ordeal. Like just about any kind of training, no discipline is pain-free when it happens. The reward comes later when we are drawn closer to Jesus. Then the reward continues because we understand what others are going through. We have been there ourselves. We can enter into a deeper friendship because, as C.S. Lewis wrote, we say, "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself," The pain of suffering may seem endless at the time, but it brings patient endurance and the everlasting comfort of Christ, comfort which can overflow to others for a long time to come.

Insight: You may still suffer, but in a little while you will know the full extent of Christ's comforting grace!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Sep 2018, 9:46 pm

Date: September 26, 2018 at 1:25 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Oasis in the Dry Places

Oasis in the Dry Places

“…,there was no water for the people to drink. So they quarreled with Moses, and said, Give us water to drink. Moses replied, Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"  Exodus 17:1b-2

Scripture Focus: Exodus 17

The children of Israel were directed to the wilderness where they would experience a long, dry, and thirsty time. If you are in a "dry place," consider that this is exactly where the Lord has led you. Accept that the Lord is shaping you and conforming you to His will. It's hard to appreciate the refreshment of the oasis until you know agonizing desert thirst. Being in a dry place does not always mean your sin took you there. Sometimes the Lord takes you there to strengthen your faith and deepen your relationship with Him. Though it's far easier to put your faith in Christ in the "oasis times," know that the "desert times" are in His sovereign plan, too. Only the Lord can quench your spiritual thirst. While on their desert journey, the Israelites drank water from the rock Moses had struck. Centuries later Paul showed how that points us to Jesus. "For they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ" (1 Corinthians 10:4). The Rock of our salvation turns our desert into a refreshing oasis.

Insight: Even in the desert Christ quenches our thirst. Let the dry spells come and go; our Oasis never runs dry.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Sep 2018, 8:42 pm

Date: September 25, 2018 at 2:04 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Long Arm of God

The Long Arm of God

"Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you."  Isaiah 59:1-2

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 59

Verses like this one may perplex even longtime believers. How can a loving God hide His face from us, we wonder? But do you see from the passage what is doing the separating? It's sin. In Romans 1 Paul says that finally God gave over the foolish and ungrateful ones to the sinful desires of their hearts. We think His love can be presumed upon as we go on foolishly denying Him. Our weak idea of love diminishes who God is to us because we can't understand His fuller, perfect, holy love. As a parent and grandparent, I have seen that there are times when turning away from a loved one who persists in sin is the most loving thing you can do. Love does not always mean rushing in and meeting every need. A deeper love may mean letting them realize their need. When God's face is turned away from us, He is showing us a love that drives us back to Him where His long and mighty arms are open wide. And, like a parent whose love goes deeper than a child's momentary offenses, God's covenant with us is sure: He will be with us and for us forever.

Insight: Realizing the hopelessness of seeking fulfillment through sin, we turn to the only One who can fulfill us by His righteousness and holiness.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Sep 2018, 9:56 pm

Date: September 24, 2018 at 2:16 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hearing His Word

Hearing His Word

"The LORD continued to appear at Shiloh, and there he revealed himself to Samuel through his word."   1 Samuel 3:21

1 Samuel 3

Think about the power of God's Word and presence with you. Imagine if for you it could be said-as it was of Samuel- that the Lord was with you, and as you grew up the Lord "let none of [your] words fall to the ground" (vs. 19). God called out to Samuel by name, sending him to the stubborn Israelites. Samuel responded, "Speak, for your servant is listening" (vs. 10). And throughout Samuel's years of faithfully proclaiming God's Word, he was recognized as His prophet. How remarkable it is that for Samuel's lifetime of speaking to people and delivering messages, "none of his words fell to the ground"! There were no times he'd wished he'd said more, or said less, or said things differently. The power of the Lord guided every word he communicated as God's spokesman. Since I'm a pastor, I often send verses about trusting God to all my friends. One LEO I sent a note to responded, "How did you know I needed those exact words?" That's the way God works when we are willing to share Him and His truth.

INSIGHT: The Bible is God's voice in print. Pass along a word of comfort, encouragement, direction, or hope to someone who needs it today.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Sep 2018, 1:03 pm

Date: September 20, 2018 at 1:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Overcoming Faith

Overcoming Faith

"Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."  1 John 5:4-5

Scripture Focus: 1 John 5

When my life seems to be going badly, I retreat from the world. In those times, I don't like the world, and the world doesn't like me. I go into "survival mode," avoiding the world as much as I can. I tell myself, Just get by, day to day; make it through the next minute, hour, and day, then a few days. When you are facing great suffering, perhaps you go into some kind of "survival mode," too. While we realize each day has enough trouble of its own (see Matthew 6:34), we must come to learn that curving in on ourselves may bring about survival for today, but it is not what's best for us in the long run. More than just surviving, we are able to overcome the world because, as John says in today's Scripture passage, we believe that Jesus is the Son of God. We look to Him! Because we know He reigns and His purposes for us are good, we can take on each day's battles. Even as we have small victories, we know the war against sin and death was fought and won for us by Jesus. By faith in Him, we can get beyond life's hard moments, days, and years.

Insight: Your faith brings about the victory that overcomes the world! Will you put your trust in Him today?

Michael D. Inman

Date: September 21, 2018 at 12:34 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Faith That Moves Mountains

Faith That Moves Mountains

"I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it."  Revelation 3:11-12a

Scripture Focus: Revelation 3

The church of Philadelphia is the only church of the seven in John's magnificent book of Revelation that receives a message from our Lord with no criticism. They have been faithful. They are a church with "little strength" but "have kept my word, and have not denied my name" (vs. 8). The church's strength comes from having faith in the strong and mighty One who opens doors that cannot be shut and closes doors that cannot be opened-none other than Jesus Christ. To persevere in our faith, we don't need a lot of physical strength. We only need a small amount of faith-faith which might be no bigger than a mustard seed. Even small faith can move mountains that look formidable. Our Savior is mighty to save, and He can move any mountains as surely as He simply spoke them into being. Mountains that stand in the way of Christ's work will be moved, one way or another. Have faith in Him who overcomes and has redeemed you. He may use even your small faith to throw the intimidating mountains of your life down into the sea.

Insight: By faith in Jesus Christ, you can, and you will, and you have overcome!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Sep 2018, 1:33 pm

Date: September 19, 2018 at 2:16 AM

Topic: +DEV+  From Weakness Comes Strength

From Weakness Comes Strength

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. 'Make level paths for your feet,' so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed."  Hebrews 12:12

Hebrews 12

We are made weak in a variety of ways. In times of fear or worry, we find ourselves weak in spirit. When we've suddenly lost something that was dear to us, our strength seems to leave us. In old age, we are reminded daily of our less-resilient, more-feeble bodies. Who hasn't felt even the typical weakness brought on by whatever virus is going around? Times of ongoing trial and constant struggle with sin can wear us down. Yet in all those situations, God reminds us of our deep need for Him. In our vulnerability, God calls us back to Himself. While we are weak, He is strong. Our own strength is elusive, if not illusionary, and definitely fleeting. We need Him! To us who know the Father's care for us and believe in Jesus whom He sent to rescue us, Isaiah's comforting words are worth clinging to: "Say to those with fearful hearts, Be strong, do not fear; your God will come" (35:4). He will strengthen our feeble hands and steady our knees when it feels like they will give way. Out of weakness, strength will come.

Insight: Without God, we have no strength. But be encouraged! For in your weakness, your faith will grow as you look to His strength.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Sep 2018, 11:26 am

Date: September 18, 2018 at 12:52 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Return of the King

Return of the King

"I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True, On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."  Revelation 19:11, 16

Scripture Focus: Revelation 19

J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings trilogy is a beloved piece of modern literature with strong redemptive themes. Through the story, the secret identity of the would-be King Aragorn was cloaked in a shadowy character called Strider. Few knew his true identity, and everyone else regarded him as unimportant. But the whole story begged for a king to defeat the growing evil in Middle Earth, and in Return of the King, the ranger Strider is revealed as King Aragorn who then leads the battle to defeat the wicked minions. Like Strider, our King Jesus emerged after being almost unnoticed as anyone important for His first 30 years of life. Eventually, many flocked to hear His words and witness His miracles. But few ever comprehended His true identity as the Son of God. We have longed for a true King who will defeat growing evil in our world. Christ died a criminal's death and defeated the enemy, death, through His resurrection. And one day all shall see Him as He is-King of kings, poised to redeem His creation and conquer death and hell forever!

Insight: God has written in His redemptive story the time when the rightful King will be revealed to all, and every knee will bow to Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Sep 2018, 1:46 pm

Date: September 17, 2018 at 1:21 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Re-Generation Faith

Re-Generation Faith

"And the Lord said to Joshua, Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses."  Joshua 3:7
Scripture Focus: Joshua 3

Another type of relay is faithfully passing the "gospel baton" from one generation to the next. Remember how past generations were called to repentance by the preaching of Billy Graham? His evangelistic crusades brought millions to Christ. His son, Franklin, now follows in his footsteps. In each generation, God raises up men and women to give witness to the amazing things He is doing among them. In Moses' time, the Hebrew people witnessed the plagues brought upon Pharaoh and the Egyptians. They watched the angel of death pass over them. They walked through the Red Sea and saw firsthand the destruction of Pharaoh's army behind them. In the wilderness they were given supernatural guidance by the pillar of cloud and fire, and supernatural food and drink. When Moses died, Joshua was the one to lead their children through the Jordan River on dry ground as they, too, witnessed God's power on their behalf. Think of all the Lord has done for you. Pass along to the next generation your faith in our amazing, faithful God.

Insight: "Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful/,May the footprints that we leave/ lead them to believe/, and to obey." (Steve Green, 1988)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Sep 2018, 5:02 pm

Date: September 13, 2018 at 1:59 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Repent and Return to the Lord

Repent and Return to the Lord

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you-even Jesus." Acts 3:19-20 

Scripture Focus: Acts 3

It had been years since I had seen an optometrist to get my eyes checked. As expected, my vision had changed, and I needed new prescriptions before ordering new glasses. God's people in Nehemiah's day needed "a new prescription" to help them see clearly. With encouragement from Nehemiah, Ezra, and the Levites, the people who had heard and understood God's Word celebrated one of the feasts commanded to Moses-the Festival of Booths. After the seven days of feasting, they assembled again for a dedicated time of fasting, worship, and confession. During this assembly, they recalled and reviewed their nation's history of God's goodness and faithfulness and their own wickedness and rebellion. Their vision was corrected to see that "in your great mercy you did not put an end to them or abandon them, for you are a gracious and merciful God" (9:31). When they could view themselves through God's lens, they eagerly refreshed their commitment to His covenant of love. Might we all need to do a bit of that today?

Insight: God's children need regular vision checkups-to correct areas where our sight is out of focus and to see ourselves clearly through His lens.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Sep 2018, 3:18 pm

Date: September 11, 2018 at 9:35 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Rejoice in the Lord
Rejoice in the Lord

"Nehemiah said, Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."   Nehemiah 8:10

Scripture Focus: Nehemiah 8

I have a love-hate relationship with watching the television news. On one hand, I want to be informed about the important events going on around me. But on the other hand, so much of the news is trivial, biased, and often maddening. Wouldn't you love to watch a news channel that reported the world events from God's perspective? How might you respond then? Following the 70 years of exile, Ezra, a priest and teacher of the law, opened God's Word to the returning exiles in the newly-restored Jerusalem. As they listened attentively, they began to understand their history, their suffering, and their return all from God's perspective. Their responses ranged from joyful worship to weeping over their past sin and the suffering it had caused. Nehemiah encouraged them to respond to God's Word with joy-that the Lord had restored them and that this day was holy. When you look at your own sins and the grief they have caused, worship and weep. But also rejoice that Christ has restored you and strengthened you with His joy.

Insight: Feast on the sweet news of the gospel of Jesus. Share it with "those who have nothing" so the Lord may strengthen them also.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Sep 2018, 10:41 pm

Date: September 10, 2018 at 12:43 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Remain Focused
Remain Focused

"I am carrying on a great project... Why should the work stop while I leave it and go down to you? Four times they sent me the same message, and each time I gave them the same answer."   Nehemiah 6:3b-4

Nehemiah 6

When I am in the middle of a writing project, I need complete quiet. I don't want phone calls, television shows, meetings, social events, or undone housework to interrupt my progress. But it's so easy to let distractions interfere with the good work that God has called me to do! When Nehemiah was nearly finished with "Project Rebuild," he had to stay focused. But his enemies were focused, too-on distracting him from the finish line. Their first ploy was to busy him with meetings. But Nehemiah said, "I am doing a great work and cannot come down." The second course of action was to accuse him of wrongdoing. His response was, "What you say is not true. You are lying!" And their last scheme was to use fear: "Someone is going to kill you." Nehemiah answered, "I am not going to run away!" He knew that the false threat was created to make him drop his work. "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7). Remember that your Lord and Savior will see you through to the end!

Insight: You have a goal, too. Resist the enemy's attempts to distract you, accuse you, or plant fears in you. Keep your eyes on Jesus!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Sep 2018, 8:34 am

Date: September 7, 2018 at 1:39 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Restore the Broken Body

Restore the Broken Body

"The Spirit of the Lord, has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed.”  Luke 4:18
Scripture Focus: Luke 4

The poor, imprisoned, sick, and oppressed are generally in a position of powerlessness. In a world where wealth is fulfillment, mobility is freedom, health is worshipped, and position is power, those in need feel ostracized. Sadly, even in the church, the neglected "wounded" are sometimes examined and triaged before being treated with the salve of compassion and the good news of the gospel of Christ. There was an outcry of the Jews who survived the oppression of the exile, only to be enslaved and exploited by their fellow wealthier Jews. God heard their outcry and sent His servant Nehemiah to restore justice and free the oppressed, just as He had once sent His servant Moses to free the children of Israel, and ultimately would send His own Son. Jesus came to free His people of all nations who were poor in spirit, imprisoned, sick with sin, and oppressed by the enemy. His broken body on the cross made the way for the fractured people of God to be restored, knit together, and formed into the beautiful Body of Christ.

Insight: Has the outcry of hurting or lost people reached your ears? Are you outraged enough to restore justice, seek mercy, and proclaim the good news?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Sep 2018, 9:12 pm

Date: September 5, 2018 at 3:01 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Resist the Enemy

Resist the Enemy

"Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." 1 Peter 5:8b-9

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 5

It's been said that "anything worth having is worth fighting for." While this may not always be true, we look in again on God's people rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem, and we see that they did not do so without resistance. Their enemies were determined to stop their progress. When the people were tempted to quit, they cried out to God. From the people of Nehemiah's day we can see the enemy's first tactic: belittling and shaming (4:2-3). The people responded (vs. 4-5) by praying, "God, fight for us!" With the enemy's second tactic, plotting to stir up trouble (vs. 7-8), the people prayed and posted a guard (vs. 9). And finally, when the enemy played on fear (vs. 10-12), the people enlisted warriors to protect exposed places (vs. 13). Clearly, this building project was worth fighting for! When you are tempted to quit rebuilding the broken places around you, cry out to God in prayer; post a guard on your mind and heart; enlist others to pray for exposed places; and remember who your Savior is and what is at stake!

Insight: "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, and your homes." (Nehemiah 4:14)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Sep 2018, 11:55 am

Date: September 3, 2018 at 11:53 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Request to the King

Request to the King

"Then I prayed to the God of heaven, and I answered the king, If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor, let him send me to the city in Judah, so that I can rebuild it."   Nehemiah 2:4b-5

Scripture Focus: Nehemiah 2

We're all in submission to some authority over us, a few even to an authority that is hostile to our convictions or culture. Feeling threatened, helpless, or unheard by those in authority can result in angry demands, protests, or all-out rebellion. We've seen that in the home, at the workplace, or on the streets. Rarely does it end well. But Nehemiah demonstrated a way of being heard that was far better. His sorrow over the broken people and walls of Jerusalem stirred him to effect restoration and healing. But how? He was in full-time service to a foreign king who had no concern for the interests of God's people. First, Nehemiah prayed and fasted before the Lord for several months. He faithfully went about his work, and when the king noticed and inquired as to his demeanor, Nehemiah answered respectfully and plainly. When the king asked what he could do, Nehemiah "prayed to the God of heaven," then boldly made his request. It pleased the king to grant it. You have a good King, and His name is Jesus. Go to Him!
Insight: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (Philippians 4:6)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Sep 2018, 10:12 pm

Date: September 3, 2018 at 3:01 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Response to Brokenness

Response to Brokenness

"Those who survived the exile and are back in the province are in great trouble and disgrace. The wall of Jerusalem is broken down. When I heard these things, I sat down and wept... and prayed before the God of heaven."  Nehemiah 1:3-4

Scripture Focus: Nehemiah 1

How do you respond when something of yours gets broken? A few years ago, I purchased a new electronic item, and the next day, accidentally, it fell on some rocks and broke. I can tell you I felt irritated and angry, robbed! Sound familiar? But when something much more important-like a relationship, our home, our heart or our body gets broken or damaged-our frustration may turn to dismay; anger can evolve into outrage. Deep loss results in mourning. Nehemiah was an exiled Jew who served as cupbearer to King Artaxerxes in the Persian capital of Susa. When he heard the report about his fellow Jews-broken survivors of the exile-and about the broken walls of Jerusalem, his heart broke as well. His initial reaction was of grief and mourning, but soon those turned to fasting and prayer to the God of heaven. Nehemiah's prayer offers us a model response to brokenness: remember that God is love; repent of your sin; remind yourself of His covenant promises; request His wisdom and guidance for your part in healing the brokenness.
Insight: As you mourn something broken in your life, let your weeping turn to prayer to the only King who heals and redeems broken things.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Aug 2018, 7:34 pm

Date: August 31, 2018 at 2:44 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Representatives of God's Grace

Representatives of God's Grace

"And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God."  2 Corinthians 5:19b-20

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 5:19

What does being an ambassador of the message of reconciliation mean where we live, in the world of relationships? How does it play out with my neighbors, my in-laws, my kids, my spouse? And why on earth would God commit His most important message-the gospel-to frail "jars of clay" like us? Just this week, a situation made me see how this works. Three people who are very dear to me entered into a conflict where none of them was at fault. But there was hurt, confusion, and misunderstanding all around. After the heat of the moment cooled, I saw them reach out in love-not by recounting the other's sins, but by graciously bearing the weight of the offense rather than remaining unreconciled. They understood what was at stake: their relationships and sending the right message. They entered the ministry of reconciliation for Christ's sake. As His ambassadors, we really can't implore others to be reconciled to God through Christ while refusing to be reconciled to each other. Start right there as a representative of His grace!

Insight: In love, God reconciled the world to Himself in Christ, who bore the weight of our offense at the cross.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:37 am

Date: August 30, 2018 at 12:15 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Ministry Of Reconciliation

Ministry Of Reconciliation

"All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them."  2 Corinthians 5:18-19a

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 5

Our passage today mentions two titles that we also use in government to identify the diplomatic roles of persons sent to represent one country to another country: ambassador and minister. An ambassador is an authorized messenger or representative. A minister acts as the agent or instrument of another. Neither act independently of the government they represent-they act on its behalf. And when there is conflict, it is their role to assist with reconciliation to reestablish good relations. Before sin entered the world, God and man needed no mediation. There was no one to speak to man on God's behalf (as prophet), to speak to God on man's behalf (as priest), or to rule with God's authority (as king). God was with man. But when man rebelled, the relations were broken and required mediators (prophets, priests, and kings). Only the God-man Jesus Christ could serve in all three of those roles, to once and for all reconcile the world to God. He has entrusted us with His ministry and message as His ambassadors of the gospel in His world.
Insight: Reconciliation is God's message to the world, the heartbeat of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are the ambassadors of that message!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Aug 2018, 8:10 pm

Date: August 29, 2018 at 1:35 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Restoring Joy

Restoring Joy

"Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."  Psalm 51:11-12

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51

I love antiques, though I'm not much of a expert or collector in them. Most of our antiques were acquired as cast-offs and hand-me downs, not valuable treasures from pricey shops. That means restoration was necessary to make them serviceable. I think that's what I love most-taking what someone else considered worthless and restoring its purpose and luster. David was God's man-a man after God's own heart. But his heart had wandered and was marred by the ravages of guilt. The joyful spirit that had composed glorious psalms had become a spirit burdened by cheating, lying, and betrayal. David had seen God reject Saul as king and was grieved that he might be cast off as well, with no further purpose to his Lord. He knew that the Holy Spirit had once anointed and now sustained him. "Lord, please don't throw me out!" he would have said. "Restore the joy in my salvation, that I might again serve you." God is into restoration. He takes scuffed-up, guilt-worn people like us and restores them with the oil of gladness through forgiveness in Christ.

Insight: Has sin broken and marred you? Do you fear you're useless to God? Ask Him to restore the joy of your salvation in Jesus!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Aug 2018, 7:53 pm

Date: August 28, 2018 at 2:31 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Renewal of Springtime

Renewal of Springtime

"'There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!"   Revelation 21:4b-5a

Scripture Focus: Revelation 21

I love springtime! I thrill at the first glimpse of purple crocuses and grape hyacinths pushing through the soft earth, even through lingering snow mounds. It's spring's promise of renewed hope that fills my heart. All that seemed forever dead or at least dormant is brought to life in a "do-over" drama. It's in the same place it was a month earlier-yet it's all different. Everything is new again as God's creation retells and foretells the redemption story that started in a beautiful garden, Eden, and will end in the glorious City of God. In the garden, God walked with His people. Adam and Eve enjoyed a relationship with Him, and they enjoyed the work He gave them to do. But sin brought death and decay to the world God lovingly created. It sowed sorrow and pain into a place made for joy. However, the story didn't end there. Every chapter contains words that promise renewal: reconcile, redeem, restore, rebirth-resurrect! And someday we will know return. Jesus reversed death itself and will make all things new! 

Insight: "Whatever sin has polluted, God will redeem and cleanse. Whatever the extent of the consequences of sin, so must the extent of redemption be." (Steven J. Lawson)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Aug 2018, 8:33 pm

Date: August 27, 2018 at 2:27 AM

Topic: +DEV+ A Home of Love

A Home of Love

"Jesus replied, If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him." John 14:23

Scripture Focus: John 14

I imagine you have heard the saying, "Home is where the heart is." I would like to change it to "Home is where the presence of God is." I have lived in several places and have traveled all over the world, but in the end I feel most "at home" when I experience the presence of God's love, no matter where I lay my head at night. Your heart can be the very place the Father and the Son make their home. I've spoken with many of a G.I. with orders to go to war who have come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord. They realize that it is possible to know the loving presence of God living within them even in a faraway land that hate the name of Jesus. To make your heart ready for Him, you are called to love God by following His teachings. What are the teachings of Jesus we are called to obey? All 613 commands are summarized as He told us to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and to love our neighbor as ourselves (see Matthew 22:37-39). Loving God and others will build a house of love in your heart in which God will dwell.

Insight: "My command is this: love each other as I have loved you." (John 15:12)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Aug 2018, 5:15 pm

Date: August 17, 2018 at 2:29 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Tomorrow's Bread

Tomorrow's Bread

"Give us each day our daily bread."  Luke 11:3

Scripture Focus: Luke 11

This request is right in the center of the Lord's Prayer, and I believe that is for good reason. A study of the word "daily" reveals it to be a very interesting word. In Greek it is espiousios, translated "the next day or tomorrow." So you might think of this Lord's Prayer phrase as saying, "Give us tomorrow's bread today." Jesus further explained Himself with the parable of the friend arriving at midnight and asking for food. The homeowner had no remaining bread to offer, but the guest kept pounding on the door until the homeowner got up and gave him the bread intended for his family for tomorrow. Insert yourself into this story. We also are to keep asking, seeking, and knocking until the Father answers and gives us the sustainment of the Holy Spirit. From behind a locked prison cell, you may feel your deep need; you may feel empty and starved for love. It is the same need felt by all of Christ's followers: we hunger for the Bread of Life. Take heart, because the supply of His Spirit is there for all our tomorrows!

Insight: "Then Jesus declared, 'I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes In me will never be thirsty.'" (John 6:35)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next