World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 Empty Re: CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK

Post  Admin Wed 19 Jan 2022, 10:33 pm

CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK - Page 9 Christ13

"Christians, Make No Mistake..."
Skillet Lead Singer John Cooper's Warning Amid Cancel Culture Chaos, 'Scary' Times
Rock star John Cooper isn’t merely entertaining the masses. The “Skillet” frontman is also candidly speaking out about issues that matter. From faith to culture to everything in between, Cooper isn’t afraid to share the truth.
Speaking with Faithwire about Skillet’s latest album, “Dominion,” he made some essential points worth pondering in our fractured and ever-chaotic world — particularly when it comes to clinging to hope amid darkness.

“The world does not belong to the devil. The world does not belong to the state,” Cooper said. “The world does not belong to anybody else except for Jesus Christ, who is the King of Kings. The Bible says that He is sitting at the right hand of the Father, ruling in the midst of His enemies.”

The singer said this reality not only informed the title of his latest album but also came to life in light of the chaos surrounding COVID-19 and the increasingly choppy waves of American culture.
READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2022/01/18/christians-make-no-mistake-skillet-lead-singer-john-coopers-warning-amid-cancel-culture-chaos-scary-times/?

‘It Has to Be a Level Playing Field’: Michael Phelps Weighs In on Transgender Athletes
By Tré Goins-Phillips
Editor
January 18, 2022
Olympic gold medalist Michael Phelps weighed in on the debate over transgender athletes, telling CNN everyone should “feel comfortable” in their “own skin,” but said the sports world needs “to be a level playing field.”

Phelps made the comments after CNN’s Christiane Amanpour asked the legendary Olympian about University of Pennsylvania swimmer Lia Thomas, a biological male who identifies as female. The question to Phelps comes as several UPenn athletes have spoken out about the fairness of allowing Thomas to compete on the women’s team.
“I mean, look, like, I will say I can talk from a standpoint of doping, I don’t think I have competed in a clean field in my entire career,” Phelps told Amanpour. “So, I think this leads back to the organizing committees again because it has to be a level playing field. I think that’s something that we all need, because it’s — like, that’s what sports are. And, for me, I don’t know where this is going to go. I don’t know what’s going to happen. I believe that we all should feel comfortable with who we are in our own skin, but I think sports should all be played an even playing field. I don’t know what that looks like in the future. But it’s hard. It’s a really — honestly, I don’t know what to say.” MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2022/01/18/it-has-to-be-a-level-playing-field-michael-phelps-weighs-in-on-transgender-athletes/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 15 Jan 2022, 10:30 pm

"God Has Heard and Answered Our Prayers"
Anne Graham Lotz Shares Update After Daughter Suffers Heart Attacks

Evangelist and author Anne Graham Lotz — the daughter of the late Rev. Billy Graham — said Friday God has “answered our prayers” as her daughter is scheduled to be released from the hospital after unexpectedly suffering two heart attacks.

READ MORE
https://www.faithwire.com/2022/01/14/god-has-heard-and-answered-our-prayers-anne-graham-lotz-shares-update-after-daughter-suffers-heart-attacks/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Jan 2022, 7:16 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2022/01/04/gestapo-nazi-dramatic-video-shows-canadian-pastor-artur-pawlowski-being-arrested-again-over-the-weekend/?
‘Gestapo Nazi’: Dramatic Video Shows Canadian Pastor Artur Pawlowski Being Arrested Again Over the Weekend

By Billy Hallowell
Editor

January 4, 2022
Artur Pawlowski, the Canadian preacher who has repeatedly made headlines for his defiant stance against COVID-19 restrictions, was arrested again Saturday.

Pawlowski, the pastor of Street Church and the Cave of Adullam in Calgary, Alberta, was reportedly detained after protesting alongside his brother, Dawid, outside the home of Jason Copping, the Alberta health minister, The Christian Post reported.

The brothers were subsequently released on bail Sunday. Lawyer Chad Haggerty told the CBC the Pawlowskis were on their way home from the protest — which included around 50 people — when authorities stopped them.

The charge against the brothers centers on their purported attendance at an illegal gathering in violation of a judge’s orders against them in legal disputes last year.

Premier Jason Kenney condemned the protest the Pawlowski brothers took part in, proclaiming that peaceful assembly shouldn’t include trespassing on elected officials’ property.

This is the second time the thugs at @CalgaryPolice have chosen a shock-and-awe arrest of a peaceful pastor. Dragging him into a busy street — this time in the middle of the night. That’s not police work. It’s politics. It’s humiliation. So gross. pic.twitter.com/tl9YiJ2hdz

— Ezra Levant 🍁 (@ezralevant) January 2, 2022
“Unfortunately, this is not the first time that fringe anti-vaccine conspiracy theorists have tried to intimidate government officials in this manner,” Kenney said. “I am sure that the vast majority of Albertans reject this kind of extremism.”

Artur Pawlowski said on Facebook Sunday that he and his brother had been released from jail and were “standing strong.”

“When you stand with God and His righteousness and His truth you can not lose,” he wrote. “We will not be broken, we will not be defeated. In the end, we will win. Truth always wins!”

In a video posted on the same page, Pawlowski and his brother are seen being arrested.

An unnamed man recorded the ordeal as a police officer was seen coming up to the car window and telling the men they are “suspected in being in breach of some of your conditions.” This is presumably a reference to probationary restrictions placed on the men last year.

“You’re no better than the Nazis,” one man can be heard saying, with Artur Pawlowski also echoing some of these sentiments. The pastor at one point purportedly called an officer, “Gestapo Nazi.”

From there, the situation intensifies and the Pawlowski brothers are arrested. Artur Pawlowski is seen collapsing onto the ground, forcing officers to lift him into a vehicle:

Problems for Pawlowski, who is of Polish descent, began when the preacher declined to abide by government orders precluding him from holding church services during the pandemic, as Faithwire and CBN News have reported.

The preacher was arrested in May for holding worship services and was again taken into custody last fall when he was apprehended and handcuffed by police on the Tarmac of the Calgary International Airport.

Pawlowski first made headlines, though, in April, when he appeared in a now-viral video kicking health officials and police officers out of his church when they came to enforce government-induced mask mandates.

The pastor’s colorful descriptions of these authorities as “Nazi psychos” and “evil people” captured headlines and catapulted the video into social media feeds and headlines across the globe.

As Faithwire previously reported, the pastor scored a major legal victory in November when it was announced that “bizarre and unconstitutional provisions” slapped on Pawlowski, his brother, Dawid, and cafe owner Chris Scott, that restricted both speech and travel had been thrown out for the time being.

These provisions reportedly required Pawlowski to state the Canadian government’s preferred language and talking points after any COVID-19-related critique he made in public, The Christian Post reported.

It’s unclear what will happen next, but Saturday’s arrest adds yet another complex chapter into the mix.

***As the number of voices facing big-tech censorship continues to grow, please sign up for Faithwire’s daily newsletter and download the CBN News app, developed by our parent company, to stay up-to-date with the latest news from a distinctly Christian perspective.***
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Jan 2022, 6:10 pm

CHRISTIAN VOICES'
 THOUGHT PROVOKING-INSPIRATIONAL-HUMOR
Founded January 1995                                                                                                                      Federal & State Registered
                        ’NOW’Celebrating 27 years!                

January 4, 2022

A QUICK UPDATE!

I WILL BE REPORTING TO THE STONECREST MEDICAL CENTER FOR REPEAT SURGERY. MRI AND THE ADDITION BLOOD TESTS INDICATE INFECTION HAS RETURNED. SURGERY IS SCHEDULED FOR 'TODAY'.

Please continue to pray for me. We still look forward to continue publishing 'Christian Voices' and will do so as soon as possible.

Thank you for staying connected with us and offering us your encouragement and support.
Blessings!

.......BOB
Please continue to pray for me. We still look forward to continue publishing 'Christian Voices' and will do so as soon as possible.

Thank you for staying connected with us and offering your encouragement.

Blessings!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Jan 2022, 5:06 pm

'CHRISTIAN VOICES'
 THOUGHT PROVOKING-INSPIRATIONAL-HUMOR

Founded January 1995                                                                                                                      Federal & State Registered
                        ’NOW’Celebrating 27 years!                

January 3, 2022

As doctors continue to research solutions to my serious medical issues, 'Christian Voices' remains on 'hold'. We have received many cards, notes and letters wishing me speedy and full recovery for which I am very grateful. We have also received many gifts of support. Such gifts are deposited into the Christian Voices account to be available only in direct support of Christian Voices when we continue publication. We thank you so very much!

I'm sorry to report that my medical status has not improved. This Tuesday I have an appointment with my surgeon. He will have the results of a recent MRI and several special blood tests and hopefully some good news. My daily pain reaches the 8 - 10 pain levels and my legs become weaker daily. I can no longer walk without support aids.

Thank you for staying connected with us and offering us your encouragement and support.

Blessings!

.......BOB

P.S. I realize that many of you have sent in email changes (there were many hundreds that I just haven't had a chance to get to yet - sorry.)

If you don't mind, would you please send me those changes again. I don't want to miss any updates. Many thanks and here's wishing you a
VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Jan 2022, 11:39 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2022/01/03/jay-went-to-be-with-jesus-tributes-pour-in-after-death-of-big-daddy-weaves-jay-weaver-due-to-complications-from-covid-19/?utm_source=cbn&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news-eu-faithwire&utm_content=20220103-3474414&inid=4b58f7c0-7f5b-eb11-b823-005056af0da1
‘Jay Went to Be With Jesus’: Tributes Pour in After Death of Big Daddy Weave’s Jay Weaver Due to Complications From COVID-19

Photo: Big Daddy Weave/Facebook
TWEET

By Billy Hallowell
Editor
9 hours ago
Fans, friends, and fellow musicians are mourning the death of Big Daddy Weave’s Jay Weaver, who died Jan. 2 due to complications from COVID-19.

Christian music network K-LOVE noted Weaver, who played bass guitar and sang for the band, is survived by his wife, Emily, and the couple’s three children.

Big Daddy Weave initially posted a social media message Jan. 1, asking for prayer for Jay, his wife, Emily, and their children, and noted the performer was struggling with COVID-19.

“Jay has been in the hospital for five days fighting a tough battle against COVID,” the message read. “Would you pray with us for complete healing for Jay and for peace for his family? We pray in the name of Jesus that it be so.”

Emily Weaver, Jay’s wife, said in a statement released through the band that her husband was fighting hard and expressed hope he would heal.

“I just want my best friend/everything to get better,” she said.

Tragically, Weaver died one day later.

Weaver has experienced a plethora of health problems in recent years. His most recent battle unfolded in August. As CBN News reported at the time, he was hospitalized after complications with dialysis.

Doctors were worried he wouldn’t be able to return home, but the band rejoiced when it was announced he healed.

These serious issues came after other major health complications, including a double foot amputation in 2016 due to a serious infection in Weaver’s body.

Jay Weaver’s brother, Mike, released an emotional video statement Jan. 2, thanking fans for prayers and proclaiming that his brother had gone “to be with Jesus.”

“You have walked with him through a huge fight. My brother, Jay, went to be with Jesus just a couple hours ago,” he said. “Even though COVID may have taken his last breath, Jesus was right there to catch him.”

While Mike Weaver said his “heart’s broke” for his family, he expressed joy that his brother is with the Lord.

See some of the tributes and comments pouring in following Jay Weaver’s death:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Dec 2021, 6:31 pm

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2021/december/oklahoma-sixth-grader-named-dual-hero-for-performing-brave-acts-saved-two-people-in-one-day?
Oklahoma Sixth Grader Named 'Dual Hero' for Performing Brave Acts, Saved Two People in One Day
12-26-2021
An 11-year-old Oklahoma boy was recognized by local law enforcement for helping a classmate who was choking and for rescuing a woman from a burning house - all in the same day.

Sixth-grader Davyon Johnson was recently named an honorary member of the Muskogee Police Department and the Muskogee County Sheriff's Office for his brave and heroic actions, according to a Facebook post from Muskogee Public Schools.
Latricia Dawkins, the principal at Davyon's school, told the Enid News and Eagle that a student was removing the cap from a water bottle when the cap got stuck in his throat. Davyon saw the student choking and performed the Heimlich maneuver, which saved his life.

"He has always indicated that he wants to be an EMT," Dawkins told the news outlet. "So he got to put that desire into action and immediately saved that young man."

Later that evening, he saw a house on fire and helped a woman off her front porch, then into her vehicle.

"It was a disabled lady and she was walking out of her house," Davyon said. "She was on her porch. But I thought, being a good citizen, I would cross and help her get into her truck and leave."

The young hero learned how to do the lifesaving maneuver by watching YouTube. Davyon told Enid News and Eagle that it's an important technique to learn.

"Just in case you're in the situation I was in, you can know what to do," he said.

Dayvon's mother, LaToya Johnson, noted that she's "just a proud mom." And her son's heroic acts are no surprise since his uncle is an emergency medical technician.

Principal Dawkins told the News & Eagle that students and teachers at Davyon's school are now calling him a "dual hero."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Dec 2021, 6:50 pm

‘We Glorify God for Answered Prayer!’ All Missionary Hostages Finally Freed in Haiti
Protesters demand the release of kidnapped missionaries near the missionaries' headquarters in Titanyen, north of Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021. A group of 17 U.S. missionaries including children was kidnapped by a gang in Haiti on Saturday, Oct. 16, according to a voice message sent to various religious missions by an organization with direct knowledge of the incident. (AP Photo/Joseph Odelyn)
https://www.faithwire.com/2021/12/16/we-glorify-god-for-answered-prayer-all-missionary-hostages-finally-freed-in-haiti/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Dec 2021, 6:43 pm

Texas Church ‘Blown Away’ After Over a Thousand Accept Christ During Annual Christmas Show
For anyone who might doubt or underestimate the power of annual church Christmas shows to transform hearts and minds, look no further than Champion Forest Baptist Church in Houston, Texas, where 1,114 people recently came to faith.
The church, led by Pastor Jarrett Stephens, saw a remarkable outpouring of faith committments while running its annual Christmas Spectacular show from Dec. 8-12, the Baptist Press reported.
Something incredible happened each night during the show — a powerful spectacle with music, lights, and awe-inspiring performances — when Stephens shared the gospel and asked people to hold up the flashlight on their cell phones if they had, indeed, decided to accept Jesus.
MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/12/17/god-is-moving-texas-church-blown-away-after-1114-people-raise-phone-flashlights-to-indicate-theyve-accepted-christ-during-annual-christmas-show/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Dec 2021, 9:46 pm

‘Seize This Moment for Life’: Mike Pence Says He’s Praying for Supreme Court Amid Abortion Case Hearings
https://www.faithwire.com/2021/12/01/seize-this-moment-for-life-mike-pence-says-hes-praying-for-supreme-court-amid-abortion-case-hearings/?
By Tré Goins-Phillips
Editor

December 1, 2021
With all eyes on the U.S. Supreme Court, former Vice President Mike Pence said he is looking up in prayer as the justices hear oral arguments in a historic abortion case.

The justices — three of whom were appointed by former President Donald Trump — are presiding over arguments for the Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which is seen as a possible legal challenge of the precedent established in 1973, when the high court granted nationwide legal cover to abortion with its decision on Roe v. Wade.

“I truly believe that, with the new conservative majority on the Supreme Court in the United States, we have a profound opportunity to have a new beginning for life,” Pence told CBN News’ David Brody.

The former vice president went on to say he interviewed each of the three justices appointed under Trump: Brett Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch, and Amy Coney Barrett.

“I will tell you that they are men and women of integrity and conviction,” Pence explained. “I’m just gonna be joining a great chorus of Americans that will be praying that they have the courage to seize this moment for life.”

As a result of the Trump administration’s three high-court appointments, the bench now boasts a conservative majority

The case before the nine justices is a challenge to the constitutionality of Mississippi’s 15-week abortion ban. Although it was enacted in 2018, the legislation was blocked after a federal court challenge. Hanging in the balance is the state’s only abortion clinic, Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which offers termination up to 16 weeks of pregnancy.

You can read more about the case here.

For additional coverage, you can listen to Wednesday’s oral arguments before the Supreme Court:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Nov 2021, 12:52 am

Battle Over California Misgendering Law That Punishes Refusals to Use ‘Preferred…Pronouns’ Heats Up

By Billy Hallowell
Editor

3 hours ago
The debate over preferred pronouns is kicking into high gear in California, with the state’s Supreme Court slated to hear a consequential case surrounding “misgendering.”

The court will assess the constitutionality of a law passed in 2017 that prevents retirement home and long-term care workers from intentionally misgendering transgender residents, according to Bloomberg Law.

Daily News. Christian Views. Listen and SUBSCRIBE to our PODCAST:
  READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/11/17/battle-over-california-misgendering-law-that-punishes-refusals-to-u

Is Artificial Intelligence a Threat to God and Faith? Author Sounds the Alarm on ‘Looming Spiritual Crisis’
Photo: Unsplash/Drew Dizzy Graham
By Billy Hallowell
Editor
4 hours ago
Is artificial intelligence (A.I.) a threat to our spiritual health? Are advances in technology setting the stage for a “looming spiritual crisis?”

Daily News. Christian Views. Listen and SUBSCRIBE to our PODCAST
 ART19: Welcome to the Business of Podcasting
These are just two of the questions at the center of Wallace B. Henley’s latest book, “Who Will Rule The Coming ‘Gods’?: The Looming Spiritual Crisis Of Artificial Intelligence.”

Henley told the “Edifi With Billy Hallowell” podcast he’s grateful for technological advances, but believes they pose unique challenges considering the state of contemporary culture.

Plus, he’s warning that “technologists are making machines that may eventually become our masters.”

“I thank God for [technology]…I’m so grateful,” Henley said. “The problem is that we’re building these machines … in a time when there’s a loss of focus on the transcendence of God in our culture.”

Listen to Henley’s A.I. warning:
READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/11/17/is-artificial-intelligence-a-threat-to-god-and-faith-author-sounds-the-alarm-on-looming-spiritual-crisis/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 30 Oct 2021, 9:34 pm

My Heart Is Broke’: Daughter of Slain California 
https://www.faithwire.com/2021/10/29/my-heart-is-broke-daughter-of-slain-california-pastor-delivers-stirring-message-of-forgiveness-and-faith/?
Pastor Delivers Stirring Message of Forgiveness and Faith
By Billy Hallowell
Editor
October 29, 2021
The daughter of a California pastor who was murdered outside of his church on Sunday is speaking out about her late father’s legacy of faith, love, and forgiveness.
Daney Moore, daughter of Pastor Joe Moore, told the “Edifi With Billy Hallowell” podcast that her family is struggling to process her father’s killing, but are relying on one another to make it through this difficult time.

“It’s something we can’t process. It was so unexpected. It was so senseless,” she said. “My heart is broke.”
As Faithwire previously reported, Moore, 65, pastor of the Upper Room Christian Church in Compton, California, was killed Sunday while walking to his vehicle in between Bible study and church.

Listen to Daney Moore discuss her father’s life and legacy:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Oct 2021, 9:21 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/10/08/us-is-the-only-country-that-can-free-you-former-slave-tells-blm-bondage-still-exists-in-africa-today/?
‘US Is the Only Country That Can Free You’: Former Slave Tells BLM Bondage Still Exists in Africa Today
By Gary Lane
October 8, 2021
A former African slave is telling Black Lives Matter and Critical Race Theory advocates that they need to go back to school to understand what is happening in Africa today and to learn that the United States offers them unique opportunities that they are unlikely to find elsewhere.

“The United States is the only country that can free you, (where) you can get a decent job and be a free man.” Bol Gai Deng insisted.

Deng is a former slave and South Sudan presidential candidate.

In this week’s episode of the CBN News Channel program The Global Lane, Deng explained that he became a slave in 1987 after the Sudanese government-backed Mujahadeen raiders kidnapped him and burned down his village.

Deng and more than 700 other captured children were forced to walk through the bush, 250 miles from their homes. He was only seven years old when merchants took him to northern Sudan to be sold into a life of brutal enslavement.  

“I was beat up, I was told what to do, and sometimes they used to put chains on my legs to the point where I would become so disciplined to my master,” Deng recalled.
He escaped after three years in captivity and eventually made his way to Khartoum where he found help from a Catholic charity. Later, he traveled to Egypt where he was offered asylum in the United States.

He said  BLM and CRT advocates can learn a few lessons from former slaves like him.

“I believe Black Lives Matter does not understand what is going on in Africa, they don’t know what is going on around the world,” Deng explained. 

“They need to understand that slavery still exists in Africa today (where) more than 9.2 million (people) are still in captivity in slavery.”

Deng said Libya is just one example. He claimed that women in the north African country are still being sold into slavery for as little as $400 each.

Also, he suggested that people obsessed with America’s slave and racist past should view the country as a land of advancement and freedom.

“In fact, the United States is the only country in the world that can give the slave freedom to become a congresswoman. You cannot find that in the world except in the United States of America.”

And although new elections have yet to be scheduled in South Sudan, Deng has declared his candidacy for president.

How will he bring people together in a nation where the majority Dinka and minority Nuer tribes are still fighting one another?

Deng suggests tribal divisions will end once the people of the world’s newest nation embrace Christian values and begin to view themselves as Southern Sudanese instead of members of a specific tribe. 

“I think what they need right now is a good leader who will understand that what is going on in South Sudan is the lack of leadership–and that is a tribal line,” the former slave explained.

“We in the Christian community believe in love,” Deng said. “We believe in peace. We believe in unity and my life in America taught me so much to the point where if you live in the United States, you are an American citizen and I believe the same philosophy could take place in South Sudan by leadership.”

Watch Gary Lane’s interview with Bol Gai Deng in the video above. The Global Lane can be seen at 9:00 pm Wednesdays on the CBN News Channel.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Oct 2021, 6:32 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/10/05/youre-next-arrested-canadian-pastor-warns-americans-of-coming-tyranny/?
‘You’re Next’: Arrested Canadian Pastor Warns Americans of Coming Tyranny
Artur Pawlowski TV/YouTube screenshot
By Tré Goins-Phillips
Editor
October 5, 2021
Artur Pawkowski, the Canadian pastor known for his dustups with police for skirting draconian restrictions put in place amid the COVID-19 pandemic, is warning Americans the same kind of authoritarianism is coming to the U.S.

The pastor first gained notoriety in April, when he kicked “Nazi” police officers and health care officials out of his church building before he was arrested weeks later for holding worship services. Pawlowski, who had been in the U.S., was arrested again last week upon his arrival in Calgary, where police met him at the airport and handcuffed him on the Tarmac, where he was charged with “failure to wear a mask.”

Similar government overreach is coming to the U.S., the preacher warned, if Americans don’t “rise up” against it.

“I came to the United States with a simple warning,” Pawlowski told Fox News’ Laura Ingraham last week. “You’re next. If they came for me, be sure of it, they’re coming for you as well.”

Pawlowski agreed with Ingraham’s assessment of the restrictions as “incrementalism toward socialism.”

“I grew up behind the Iron Curtain under the boots of the Soviets,” the pastor said. “What they’re doing today is identical to what I remember growing up. You see, when I landed after four months, not being in my own house, I wanted to hug my wife and kiss my children that were waiting for me.”

Instead, Pawlowski recalled, “I was handcuffed like a common criminal, al Qaeda’s most wanted, taken to police, thrown into solitary confinement like a criminal. I was not allowed to see my wife, not allowed to have my children.”

“That’s exactly what the communists did,” he continued. “That’s exactly what the Gestapo did before. They wanted to break me, they wanted to show the whole world: ‘You see what we do with those that dare to speak against our tyranny? If you will follow the steps of Pastor Artur Pawlowski, you’re next.'”

Pawlowski, who is of Polish descent, garnered international attention this spring when he kicked police — who were there to enforce mask and distancing mandates — out of his church building.

At the time, he chastised the government officials as “Nazi psychopaths” and “sick, evil people” who were “intimidating people in a church during the Passover.”

***As the number of voices facing big-tech censorship continues to grow, please sign up for Faithwire’s daily newsletter and download the CBN News app, developed by our parent company, to stay up-to-date with the latest news from a distinctly Christian perspective.***
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Sep 2021, 11:40 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/09/24/i-am-shocked-gop-lawmaker-blasts-dems-anti-semitic-speech-against-iron-dome/?
‘I Am Shocked’: GOP Lawmaker Blasts Dem’s ‘Anti-Semitic’ Speech Against Iron Dome
YouTube screenshot
YouTube screenshot
By Tré Goins-Phillips
Editor

September 24, 2021
A Republican lawmaker in the U.S. House of Representatives tore into one of his Democratic counterparts Thursday after she unloaded a diatribe against a bill to grant $1 billion to Israel for its Iron Dome defense system.

Rep. Chuck Fleishmann (R-Tenn.) issued a fiery response to Rep. Rashida Tlaib (R-Mich.), who accused Israel of “war crimes” and claimed the country has an “apartheid system.”

The back-and-forth between the two diametrically opposed lawmakers came during floor debate over a vote to grant $1 billion toward Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense system, which intercepts short-range rockets launched at the country’s citizens by terrorist groups in the Gaza Strip.

Ultimately, the legislation was approved by a vote of 420-9, CBN News reported.

Tlaib said she “will not support an effort to enable and support war crimes, human rights abuses and violence,” telling representatives they “cannot be talking only about Israelis’ need for safety at a time when Palestinians are living under a violent apartheid system and are dying from what Human Rights Watch has said are war crimes.”

“I firmly believe our country must oppose selling weapons to anyone, anywhere without human rights law compliance,” she said. “The Israeli government is an apartheid regime.”

In response, Fleishmann tore into Tlaib for her “anti-Israel” and “anti-Semitic” speech.

The congressman asserted the “truth has finally come out on the floor of the House of the United States of America,” arguing Tlaib opposes funding the Iron Dome “because they [the Democrats] have a vocal minority in the majority party that is anti-Israel, that is anti-Semitic, and, as Americans, we can never stand for that.”

“I grew up with Holocaust survivors,” he said. “I grew up with children of Holocaust survivors. Israel has been attacked and attacked and attacked since its inception. As Americans, I beseech you — I reach out to the majority and I say: condemn what we just heard on the floor, condemn terrorism.”

He went on to explain he saw something in Tlaib’s speech that he”never thought” he’d see.

“Not only as a member of this House, but as an American,” Fleishmann explained. “Let us stand with Israel. Let’s combat anti-Semitism wherever it is in the world. Whether it’s in the United States, whether it’s from terrorism. I am shocked … with what I just heard. I ask the majority to condemn the comments that were just made by their member.”

Latest
FAITH

‘Revival Or We Die’: Christian Author Says America Has Only Two Options

NEWS

‘I Am Shocked’: GOP Lawmaker Blasts Dem’s ‘Anti-Semitic’ Speech Against Iron Dome

NEWS

‘Do Not Interrupt My Time!’: Mom Unloads on ‘Pedophilia’ in High School Library

LIFE

Woman with Down Syndrome Vows to ‘Keep on Fighting’ After Losing Case Challenging UK Abortion Law

NEWS

How Retired Special Forces Members Are Rescuing Countless Left Behind in Afghanistan

NAVIGATION
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Sep 2021, 11:21 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/09/17/fda-panel-unequivocally-rejects-covid-vaccine-booster-shots/?
FDA Panel Unequivocally Rejects COVID Vaccine Booster Shots for Most Americans

An advisory board for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has overwhelmingly rejected a plan to offer Pfizer booster shots against COVID-19 to most Americans.

2 hours ago
An advisory board for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has overwhelmingly rejected a plan to offer Pfizer booster shots against COVID-19 to most Americans.

The panel voted 16-2 against distributing booster shots to people ages 16 and older.

During discussion, some panel members noted booster shots might be helpful to older, immunocompromised populations but argued there’s little evidence to suggest the same for younger people. Additionally, there are looming concerns over the potential increased risk of heart inflammation among the vaccinated, particularly for younger males.

The committee was tasked with determining whether the data from Pfizer’s clinical trial supported approval of the pharmaceutical brand’s booster dose for people ages 16 years and older, according to Fox News.

While there is some research to suggest immunity levels in vaccinated people does decline with time — a trend boosters could potentially reverse — the Pfizer inoculation nevertheless remains highly protective against severe illness, hospitalization, or death.

FDA advisers heard Friday from Pfizer and health officials from Israel, which has been offering booster shots to its citizens since July.

Sharon Alroy-Preis, director of public health services for Israel, claimed the third shot improves protection against infection for people ages 60 years and older.

“It’s like a fresh vaccine,” she said, according to the Associated Press, noting the shots have helped the Jewish state “dampen severe cases in the fourth wave.”

Several doctors on the panel, however, noted concerns about myocarditis. Dr. Paul Offitt, a vaccine expert with the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, said he would “really have trouble” supporting booster shots for everyone over 16 years old.

Dr. Cody Meissner of Tufts Medical Center issued a similar warning, citing the number of younger men who experienced heart inflammation after receiving a second dose of the vaccination. He argued a third shot would increase that risk even more.

The resounding vote by the FDA advisory board is a blow to President Joe Biden, who has been touting booster shots for all Americans.

Despite declaring repeatedly that he will “follow the science” and “listen to the experts,” the president has been warring with medical advisers over the issue of boosters, Fox News reported.

Two senior officials with the FDA are reportedly leaving the federal agency over the White House’s campaign for booster shots before its own scientists have even approved them.

Other officials said the Biden administration is pushing past the science to make good press, according to Politico.

While the FDA panel was clear in its rejection of boosters for the general population, the advisory board did vote Friday afternoon in favor of authorizing third shots for people 65 years and older as well as for those at high risk for severe infections.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Aug 2021, 10:56 pm

After Raising Over $28 Million to Rescue Afghan Christians, Glenn Beck Shares Incredible Update
“While we slept, The Nazarene Fund was busy loading planes. This was the second plane load of Afghanistan Christian refugees leaving Kabul.” The media has largely ignored this massive effort by a well-known conservative host to rescue thousands of Christians in Afghanistan. 
Beck’s calls for people to get involved through the Nazarene Fund were met with an astounding response. In just 3 days, Beck’s audience had donated over $22 million to fund the evacuations of Afghan Christian refugees.
Beck staff told Faithwire that total donations have now ballooned to $28.6 million. This stunning number comes with no help from the mainstream media and, for that matter, most other media at all – a quick Google search showed scant attention.

Beck took to Instagram yesterday to explain what is happening, saying that “yesterday was one of the more frustrating days” while explaining that “we just kept spinning wheels, there’s just chaos at the airport.”

“However, we have lots of people on the tarmac now, these Christians we told you about, and more coming. We have engaged twenty 757’s minimum all lined up, ready to go. Because you donated to the Nazarene Fund, we can do this.”

“By the end of the week, we will be able to move 7,000 Christians. It’s pretty remarkable,” Beck said.

ADVERTISEMENT
As for prayer requests, Beck explained that “We need your prayers for people in countries who get cold feet” because anyone seen helping these refugees will be putting themselves at risk of retaliation.

“There’s been amazing response from the international community. Zimbabwe said they’ll take Christians. That’s a country struggling itself. We’ve had an amazing outpouring of countries that will take Christians.”

Beck added that some of those countries they’ve worked with want to help, but are very nervous. “The spiritual warfare going on right now. Everything has been a battle. It’s a battle of good vs. evil,” Beck explained.

Watch Beck’s full statement, which he released ahead of the first pictures of Christians being evacuated.
Beck appealed to Proverbs 24:11, which says, “Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter.”

The conservative host also announced Tuesday that a third flight had taken off, posting an image on social media.

Given what we’ve seen from the Taliban both recently and in the past, this verse is extremely apropos.

If you’d like to contribute to the effort to help Christians evacuate Afghanistan to a safer country, visit The Nazarene Fund.

Please continue to pray for all those trapped in Afghanistan seeking to get out of harms way.

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/08/24/after-raising-over-28-million-to-rescue-afghan-christians-glenn-beck-shares-incredible-update/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:42 am

What Happened in Afghanistan? What does the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan mean for Israel?
Recent events in Kabul have created a more dangerous world in which terrorists across the globe are emboldened and the West is threatened by radicals which seek its destruction. 

Tune in to this week’s episode of The CUFI Weekly to find out how recent events in Afghanistan will affect the United States, Israel, and the world.

For Zion’s sake, we must not remain silent. 

Share this video and be sure to subscribe to our page so you never miss an episode.

Learn more at https://cufi.org/

CUFI Weekly - What Happened in Afghanistan Will Not Stay in Afghanistan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSb3tGpx2y8
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Aug 2021, 10:22 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/08/18/cbn-news-exclusive-church-leader-warns-the-taliban-are-going-to-eliminate-the-christian-population-of-afghanistan/?
 CBN News Exclusive: Church Leader Warns ‘The Taliban Are Going to Eliminate the Christian Population of Afghanistan’
CBN News screenshot
By George Thomas
August 18, 2021
Within hours of capturing Herat, the Taliban’s jihadist fighters were out patrolling streets trying to convince residents of Afghanistan’s third-largest city that life would soon return to normal.
“Business will continue as normal and people are happy with us and, with our services, they will be happier,” said a Taliban terrorist.
Hamid has serious doubts about those claims.
“Right now we fear elimination. The Taliban are going to eliminate the Christian population of Afghanistan,” he told CBN News.
CBN EXCLUSIVE: Afghan Church Leader Warns Taliban Will 'Eliminate the Christian Population'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIL332L4kKA
Hamid, not his real name, is among thousands of Afghans who’ve come to faith in Jesus Christ over the past two decades. We’ve concealed his identity for safety.

“There weren’t a lot of Christians 20 years ago during the Taliban time but today we are talking about 5,000 to 8,000 local Christians and they live all over Afghanistan,” Hamid said.
In an exclusive interview from an undisclosed location, Hamid told CBN News he’s very concerned about the future of Afghanistan’s tiny Christian community.

“We know a Christian believer who we’ve been working within the north, he’s a leader and we’ve lost contact with him because his city has fallen to the Taliban,” Hamid said. “There are three other cities that we have lost contact with our Christian believers.”

According to Open Doors, Afghanistan is the 2nd most dangerous place to be a Christian in the world today, just behind North Korea. Most of the Christians there converted from Islam.
“Some of the believers are known in their communities, people know that they converted from Islam to Christianity, and they are considered apostates and the penalty for that is death,” Hamid said. “The Taliban are famous for carrying out that punishment.”

Taliban fighters are reportedly now going door-to-door forcing families to give up their daughters, some as young as 12, to be sex slaves for their men.

“I have four sisters that are single, they are at home and they are worried about this,” Hamid said.

***Please sign up for CBN Newsletters and download the CBN News app to ensure you keep receiving the latest news from a distinctly Christian perspective.***

David, a foreign national, has worked in Afghanistan for the past three decades. We’ve taken similar precautions to protect his identity.

He saw the Taliban’s brutality up close while living in Kabul during its last reign.

Now comes fear of a return to the days of regular executions, floggings, stoning to death, and hand chopping.

“They have a strict interpretation of Islamic law, not only from the Quran, but also from what they call the Hadiths, which are traditions, sayings, and practical applications of Islamic law,” David told CBN News. “They take these literally.”

WATCH: Taliban Will ‘Eliminate the Christian Population’
CBN EXCLUSIVE: Afghan Church Leader Warns Taliban Will 'Eliminate the Christian Population'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIL332L4kKA

Despite these threats, David says there’s a hunger among Afghans like never before to know God in an intimate way.

“People are really seeking in their heart for peace, seeking for a true relationship with God, for meaning in life and an understanding of who is this God.”

Hamid is asking people around the world to pray for his country during these uncertain times.

“The Christian community in Afghanistan is strong. They are trusting Jesus, they are walking with Jesus, despite the potential of being eliminated by the Taliban.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Aug 2021, 11:43 pm

Ex-LGBT Man in Netflix’s ‘Pray Away’ Doc Discusses Radical Conversion He’ll ‘Never Forget’
Faithwire screenshot
https://www.faithwire.com/2021/08/13/ex-lgbt-man-in-netflixs-pray-away-doc-discusses-radical-conversion-hell-never-forget/?
By Tré Goins-Phillips
Editor

In many ways, Jeffrey McCall — a formerly transgender-identified man — is at the center of the new Netflix film, “Pray Away,” a documentary critical of conversion therapy and the so-called “ex-gay movement.”

The film begins with a camera trained on McCall driving in his small hometown in rural Georgia, where he’s shown sharing his testimony at a strip mall with those willing to stop and listen to him.
“Pray Away” chronicles the stories of former leaders within the “ex-gay movement” who used conversion therapy in the past but have since renounced their old beliefs, opened up about the harms they endured, and have affirmed LGBTQ lifestyles.

McCall, though, serves as a bridge: the minority voice representing the rarely acknowledged community of Christians who believe homosexuality is sinful and have chosen to walk away from it.

“I felt it was very strategic and very necessary for me to be a part of it so that people could get both sides,” McCall told Faithwire about his decision to participate in the Netflix project. “I don’t think it’s fair to always share one side of things. I think people need to hear all the options and make their own choice.”

“If God gave us free will, then we as humans can allow people free will to choose and hear all the sides,” he added, noting he hopes his story helps “certain people that are questioning and want another option than just saying they have to identify as LGBTQ.”

As the film’s opening scene unfolds, viewers learn a bit more about McCall, who tells shoppers he once lived as a transgender woman named “Scarlett” during a time when he “was really deep in sin” before he “left everything to follow the Lord.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Juxtaposed against McCall’s story are those of Michael Bussee, co-founder of the since-shuttered Exodus International, a parachurch organization launched in 1976 that taught sexual orientation could be changed; Yvette Cantu, a former spokesperson for the Family Research Council; John Paulk, who helmed the now-defunct Love Won Out ministry at Focus on the Family; as well as Julie Rodgers, who went through reparative therapy at Living Hope, a ministry she later joined for nearly a decade.

The movie ends with Rodgers marrying a woman in a church.

While many of their stories are explained more thoroughly, most of the details of McCall’s transformation are left out of the film, which was directed by Kristine Stolakis, whose late uncle endured conversion therapy.

ADVERTISEMENT
Viewers are exposed to the negative and harmful experiences of those who have since gone on to affirm LGBTQ lifestyles, but they aren’t shown the spiritual and psychological struggles McCall faced when he identified as gay and transgender.

When he was living as “Scarlett,” McCall said he struggled intensely with suicidal ideation, depression, and alcoholism.

“I began to drink alcohol like I had never drank before,” he recalled. “[I] had to drink even to get ready to be ‘Scarlett.’ And it was then that I started having an affair with a married man in the town — he was an attorney there — so my whole life I just felt was oppressed in every way you could feel.”

“My life was miserable, really,” McCall continued. “And here I was doing what everyone was telling me to do, ‘Become ‘Scarlett,’ just start transitioning and I’ll be happy,’ and I was beginning that process, but it wasn’t brining me any happiness.”

Leaning back in his chair during a recent Zoom meeting, McCall said he will “never forget” what happened to him one night during that time in his life.

He said he was home alone — a rare event then — when he laid down on his bed and “cried out to God,” whom he said he wasn’t even convinced existed.

“I just remember saying, ‘God, I think I’ve met people and they have peace and joy and love,’ and literally, I’m balling crying, my thoughts are racing, and I’m literally speaking these words out of my mouth, not just some upset prayer inside my mind,” McCall said. “And I said, ‘God, I know I’ve met people — I think they have love and joy and peace. I don’t know what happened to them, but they have these things. Something’s happened in their life, and it changes their life.’”

“The last thing I said was, ‘Will I ever live for you?’” he continued. “Those were the last words that came out of my mouth and, all of the sudden, a peace and a calm came to my mind. I’ll never forget all my thoughts went silent — and until you’ve had it happen to you, you can’t really describe it to people — and His voice just ran across my mind, He said, ‘Yes, you will live for me.’”

McCall was 29 years old at the time. Although he had grown up in the church, he said, that moment on his bed was the first time he truly encountered God.

“I was kind of in shock,” he recalled, noting the sin surrounding his life at the time. “Did this God I’ve heard people talk about, that supposedly spun the stars and the moon and the sun and the earth into orbit — why would He even take time to talk to me or answer that prayer? But I didn’t know the Bible. … The Bible says He’s drawn to the brokenhearted.”

One of the major problems with the old “ex-gay movement” was its suggestion that once one chooses to walk away from LGBTQ lifestyles, he or she will never again struggle.

For the vast majority of people, McCall said, that’s just not realistic, no matter what the struggle might be. Referencing the New Testament passage of Luke 9:23, he said believers have to “pick up your cross” and “deny yourself” in order to be obedient to God.

“When you start obeying God, it brings a peace that nothing in the world can bring,” he explained. “They’re all vying for peace. … The world is screaming out for peace and, when you start obeying God, that peace will flood in and it makes all things new. You’re a whole new creature.”

“So if you struggle or are still tempted in that way, that doesn’t mean anything,” McCall reassured. “The Bible says Jesus was tempted in every way but He knew no sin. So Jesus was tempted in every way we are, but He chose not to sin. We’ve all sinned and we’ve all fallen short of the glory of God, but we just keep going. If you fall and mess up, you get up and keep going. If you don’t quit, you win.”

In all things, he added, we “have to rely on God’s grace.”

At another point in the film, viewers see McCall sitting at his dining room table as he’s counseling a mother over the phone. Her son, she tells McCall, is now identifying as a transgender woman.

He told the emotional mother she has “to stand in faith” and trust God.

For McCall, that advice is born out of his own life and testimony, which he shares publicly and frequently through his Freedom March ministry, which he launched in 2018 and features people like McCall who have chosen to walk away from LGBTQ lifestyles as a result of the spiritual transformations they’ve experienced.

Freedom Marches have taken place in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, St. Paul, Orlando, North Carolina, and Atlanta. The ministry will be hosting its next march in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Oct. 23.

“We’re going to these cities and releasing the sound of freedom,” McCall said.

You can watch our full interview with McCall in the video above. The “Pray Away” documentary is now streaming on Netflix.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Aug 2021, 11:36 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/08/09/we-didnt-back-down-christians-respond-to-portland-antifa-attack-with-massive-worship-rally/?
‘We Didn’t Back Down’: Christians Respond to Portland Antifa Attack With Massive Worship Rally
By Dan Andros
Managing Editor
One day after a shocking and disturbing attack on a Christian prayer event in Portland, Oregon, Christians rallied in that very location for a massive gathering to sing and worship God.
Sean Feucht, best known for his work as a volunteer worship leader at Bethel Church, led the large gathering and even claimed one member of Antifa who came to disrupt, ended up getting saved.
“Members of Antifa showed up in Portland last night to threaten, harass, bully and intimidate us,” he wrote on social media today. “A mom and her baby were tear gassed. Antifa stood 10 feet from me as we lifted our voices in praise, but we didn’t back down. We kept worshipping and God moved powerfully!”

As it turns out, that worship ended up ringing true for at least one self-professed Antifa member, who gave his life to Christ.

“One member of Antifa who came to disrupt our service was SAVED giving his life to Jesus! It’s a time for a BOLD & BELIEVING church!” Feucht joyfully wrote. “God has not given us a Spirit of fear but of POWER & GRACE! The Church is on the move and the gates of hell will not prevail against it!”

MORE ON THIS STORY IN OUR PODCAST TODAY:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Jul 2021, 11:17 pm

https://www.faithwire.com/2021/07/29/converse-unveils-designer-shoes-with-pentagram-replacing-brands-star-logo/?2659262&inid=4b58f7c0-7f5b-eb11-b823-005056af0da1
Converse Unveils Designer Shoes with Satanic Symbol Replacing Brand’s Star Logo
By Tré Goins-Phillips
4 hours ago
Secular culture is constantly pushing boundaries. But it seems, as times goes on, the push has become increasingly aggressive.

Earlier this week, Converse unveiled a new limited edition collaboration with fashion designer Rick Owens, through his brand, Drkshdw. The sneakers — coming in several styles — feature a pentagram in place of the iconic Chuck Taylor star.

In a quote posted by Converse, Owens said he has “been using this pentagram for a long time because, obviously, it has adolescent occult associations.”

“But I like geometric diagrams like that because, in a very primal way, they are a culture’s grasp for control,” the 59-year-old designer explained. “And a way to organize thoughts and systems. And a pentagram, in this day and age, with all of its associations … I like the fact that it refers to an alternative system. And that suggests openness and empathy. It suggests the pursuit of pleasure, this pursuit of sensation. But one of the main things that I think it suggests is empathy and a consideration of systems of living that might not be standard. So that leads us to be more accepting and tolerant of other systems, which I think is a good thing.”

Owens told WWD his approach to design is bombastic and “a little grotesque.”

“I always think of it as kind of corrupting something that exists,” he told the outlet. “And I don’t mean that in an aggressive way.”

The designer went on to say his “aesthetic gesture has always been about promoting the idea that perfect or traditional beauty can be very strict and cruel” and boundary pushing “signifies tolerance for other ideas.”

Owens’ collaboration with Converse comes several months after rapper Lil Nas X unveiled his own partnership with MSCHF, which customizes shoes. The company took 666 pairs of Nike Air Max 97s and retrofitted them with 60cc of red ink and a drop of human blood in the soles. MSCHF also added a pentagram pendant on top of the laces and embroidered a reference to Luke 10:18 along the sides.

There’s no doubt the secular push has escalated to a shove in recent years.

In the late 1990s and early 2000s, many Americans’ only exposure to the pentagram came as school districts tried to prohibit the Satanic symbol from classrooms across the country. In mid-2000, a federal judge ruled the First Amendment protected the rights of two student teachers in Indianapolis who wanted to wear the Wiccan symbol while working.

Now it’s being promoted in mainstream culture.

As Christians, we know we can’t expect the unbelieving world to act as we do. We can and should, however, be grieved by the shift we’re witnessing — because it will come with consequences.

The normalization of spiritual darkness isn’t happening innocently. Culture is in a serious moral drift, and there are evil spiritual forces taking advantage of it. That’s why the Apostle Paul urges believers to “put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11) and Peter tells Christians to be “sober-minded” and “watchful” because “your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8).

Non-believers aren’t immune to God’s perfect standard; in fact, they are just as responsible for their sinful actions as Christians are for their own. One day, “every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God” (Romans 14:11). We are all subject to God’s law, as it’s defined in Scripture.

With humility, Christians must be alert and prepared to stand up for truth, unwilling to dismiss instances of our moral drift as insignificant or inescapable.

Sin is an illness cured only by faith in Jesus, without whom we are all lost. As Christians, we have a spiritual obligation to share the cure.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Jul 2021, 5:22 pm

California Appeals Court Overturns State Law that Criminalized ‘Misgendering’
By Editor on July 23, 202140 Comments

(Christian Headlines) — A California law that criminalized “misgendering” and the misuse of pronouns is unconstitutional under the First Amendment, according to a new decision by the state appeals court.

At issue is a 2017 multi-faceted California law that placed new restrictions on long-term care facilities and was geared toward protecting LGBT residents. It was dubbed the “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Long-Term Care Facility Residents’ Bill of Rights.”

Last week, a three-judge panel of the California Court of Appeals unanimously struck down a section of the law that prohibits employers from using the wrong pronouns. Violating the law could subject the employer to criminal penalties, including fines and jail time.
The decision can be read here. https://www.courts.ca.gov/opinions/documents/C088485.PD
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jul 2021, 3:02 pm

Crowned George Floyd Mural Struck by Lighting, Reduced to Rubble   Jul 17, 2021 01:26 am

(WTOL11) — A north Toledo mural has been reduced to rubble after it was reportedly struck by lightning Tuesday and painted bricks still littered the area late Wednesday afternoon. Toledo Fire and Rescue responded to the scene at Summit and Lagrange Streets, where a large mural dedicated to George Floyd —  who was killed by Minneapolis police officer...
Continue reading the story 
https://christiannews.net/2021/07/17/crowned-george-floyd-mural-struck-by-lighting-reduced-to-rubble/

Philadelphia Hits 300 Killings This Year, As Its Record Pace Continues   Jul 17, 2021 04:12 am
(Philadelphia Inquirer) — Late Thursday night, someone opened fire on a North Philadelphia street and shot three people. One died: the city’s 300th homicide victim of 2021. Police did not identify the man who died, and released few details about the crime, which they said happened on the 1800 block of West Susquehanna Avenue around 11:30 p.m. The other...
Continue reading the story 
https://christiannews.net/2021/07/17/philadelphia-hits-300-killings-this-year-as-its-record-pace-continues/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Jul 2021, 8:22 pm

Ted Cruz Praises Freedom Fighters in Cuba, Says Communist Regime Belongs In ‘Dustbin of History’
"Never forget what America represents to millions across the world."
Watch moving footage from over the weekend as Cubans wave the American flag against the island's 62-year-old communist dictatorship on the streets of Havana.
READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/07/12/ted-cruz-praises-freedom-fighters-in-cuba-says-communist-regime-belongs-in-dustbin-of-history/?

Former Casting Crowns Drummer Has Died Following Tragic Motorcycle Accident
Former Casting Crowns drummer Andy Williams, 49, died Friday of injuries he sustained after a motorcycle accident on June 27.  
Williams is survived by his wife and their three children.
READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/07/12/he-went-to-be-with-jesus-former-casting-crowns-drummer-has-died-following-tragic-motorcycle-accident/?

Hollywood Star's China Warning
Ashton Kutcher Warns China Could Use TikTok to Push ‘Anti-US Propaganda,’ Influence Young Americans
In a recent interview, actor Ashton Kutcher issued a warning about protecting kids on social media and how China could utilize TikTok to influence the minds of young Americans. 
READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/07/09/ashton-kutcher-warns-china-could-use-tiktok-to-push-anti-us-propaganda-influence-young-americans/?#

'The World Came to Help Surfside, 
and Tonight We Gave Thanks'
Israeli Rescue Team Met with Cheers as They Leave Florida Condo Collapse
“It’s obvious that this has become much more than a collapsed building site. It has become a holy site.”  
A heartwarming ceremony was held Saturday for the Israeli Defense Force’s rescue unit as members left the tragic condo collapse in Miami. 
READ MORE https://www.faithwire.com/2021/07/12/israeli-rescue-team-met-with-cheers-as-they-leave-florida-condo-collapse/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next