World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:59 am

But I Can Do It! Can't I?

…apart from Me you can do nothing.

John 15:5

God's major emphasis in my training was the one that He weaves so skillfully through the Bible from In the beginning on page 7 to the Amen on page 1923. He just keeps trying to impress us as His children that we were never intended to fight the battles of the world. He said: Abraham, you can’t. Sarah, you can’t. Joshua, you can’t. Gideon, you can’t. Peter, you can’t. Paul, you can’t. And you can’t either—Anabel. But there is always a positive phrase tacked on to this negative one … but I can—trust in Me and My ability through you.

How well I remember the night I finally relinquished my control and said, “Lord, I can’t.” (Being a Performance-Based-Perfectionist, I can’t wasn’t in my vocabulary, so that was awfully hard for me to say.) How many sleepless nights, how many tears, how many unhappy hours passed before I finally discovered that not only could I not live the Christian life, I was never intended to live it. I simply said, “I give up. If anything is going to come of this marriage, You’re going to have to do it.” He answered–very gently–with seven little words: I will do it all for you, Anabel. My life began all over that night, and I have finally learned (nearly) to say quite easily, “I can’t.” Because I’ve learned that He can.

Bill's experience was different. He was in the library at Oklahoma State University every night until midnight, cramming for his doctoral comprehensive exams. Failure was not an option. He had resigned his job, sold our home and moved all of us, including the dog, to Stillwater, OK. But, as he tells the story, "By lunch break on the first day of testing I was numb with the pain of knowing that I was failing. Lord, I’ve written for four hours and it’s no use. I’m not losing by a last-second field goal; I’m decimated. I can’t do it.” The Lord did not give Bill comforting words like He gave me. Instead, He took Bill's pen in hand and gave him words on the exam paper. Thoughts began to flow. Paragraphs became organized. Points were documented. Bill says, "He passed me! I didn’t earn my degree—I received it. That was my first experience with Christ expressing life through me. I couldn’t, but He did."

Those life-changing events for me and for Bill happened many years ago and we’re still learning. Oh, we knew the scriptures—just like you—Christ IN you … without Me you can do nothing … it is no longer I who live … not that I am adequate for anything within myself … when Christ who is our life … but we didn’t know how to make them work in our lives. These verses can be on your memory cards, they can be underlined and hi-lited in your Bible, but if you have not come to that place where you finally admit, “Lord, I can’t. You must do it all for me,” then you probably don’t know this marvelous truth.

Just another Christian cliché, another Christian gimmick? No. It’s truth that God has given and that truth has awesome implications for your life: Christ lives in you to face life for you. It becomes a part of your everyday life by using the same two tools you’ve used for your entire Christian life—faith and obedience. First you accept by faith the truth that Christ, in addition to Savior and Lord, is your very life (Col. 3:3-4). Second, you obediently just "haul off and act like—live like—it's true!" Amazing grace!

© Lifetime Guarantee Ministries. Content on Lifetime.org is written for your encouragement and spiritual growth. Copying, printing, and distributing to others are encouraged.

Our Purpose and Mission

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin Sun 27 Dec 2015, 3:33 pm

AVOID AMBUSH 
BY Miles Stanford 

"I find therefore the law of my nature to be that when I desire to do what is right, evil is lying in ambush for me" (Rom. 7:21, Wey.). 
Struggle in yourself, and be trapped; rest in Him, and be free! 
"Many Christians keep themselves in a perpetual foment through hoping they will get into a situation where they can enjoy a better (and easier) Christian life. They feel enclosed in a net of circumstances from which they cannot escape. They are so wearied and baffled and beaten by the continuous pressure about them that they wish and itch for things to be different, quite sure that if they were only different Christ would be more real. It has not dawned upon them that at the heart of these very circumstances they are to find the Lord Jesus, find His grace sufficient, find the life more abundant." -L.E.M. 
"You might be secretly attempting to correct and improve yourself, and suffering a good deal of private vexation and disappointment on account of the futility of your struggles. It was at a moment when I was utterly discouraged, and ready to give up the whole thing in complete despair, that the Father showed me how I was attempting to work upon the old material which He could only condemn, and had, and that my disgust and despair as to myself were only a feeble echo of His. 
"My Father was not looking for any good in me, and had the Lord Jesus Christ before Him, the perfect and infinitely acceptable Object of His heart. And I, in my nothingness, had ceased to look for good in myself, and began tasting the deep joy of being in Christ, and free to have Him as my Object; while as to life, I entered in some degree into the blessedness of knowing that it was 'not I, but Christ liveth in me.'" -C.A.C. 
"For to me to live is Christ" (Phil 1:21). 
O Holy Father, I humbly admit that I have frequently been so foolish as to think that I could produce more godliness in me through my own best efforts. Lord, I see that I need Your Spirit as much for spiritual growth as I did previously for spiritual birth. As I seek You through prayer and Your word, please take me on with You in growth and sanctification by the work of Your Holy Spirit, through Christ, I pray, Amen.
MAY YOU REST IN HIM, 
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 Happy_New_Year_2016_1
Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots, 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Dec 2015, 6:10 pm

Christmas "What Does It Mean?"
By Nancy Faries 
Evansville, Indiana 

Our pastor is very fond of acrostics. So, I'm going to use one of his teaching techniques to talk about the special time of year called Christmas. Of course, the word "Christmas" means different things to different people. For example, it would mean something entirely different to the secular world than it would to spiritual believers.

C Let's consider the letter "C" to begin our illustration. This could stand for "commercial," which is the aspect the secular world emphasizes. For those in retail sales, this season is the biggest money maker of the year. Many merchants receive over 50% of their annual income during these days. At this time, too, gift giving usually becomes such an obsession for many that they end up displaying some very unChristian attitudes at the stores. But for those of us who have believed on Him, the "C," of course, refers to "Christ," Whose birth we are commemorating. The ancient prophets amazingly predicted His unique arrival hundreds of years before it happened. Isaiah says, "Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Emmanuel (meaning, "God with us" - cf. Matt. 1:22-23) " .. .For unto us a child is given ... and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace" (Isa. 7:14; 9:6). We now look back on this event in wonder and awe. 

H is for the "Hurry, Hurry, Hurry of the Season." People go here, go there, do this, do that. It can become madness for those who miss the true point of it all. However, the "H" should be a reminder of "Heaven" that awaits those who are saved in this dispensation (Eph. 2:4-10; Phil. 3:20-21). It is a place of such utter peace and tranquility, that the earthly ills and frustrations caused by the frantic pace of this life will all be forgotten. This is why the Apostle Paul referred to it as "paradise" (II Cor. 12:2-4).

R stands for the "right" gift -- sometimes given for a wrong reason. In other words, some give gifts to win favor or to impress someone. Others simply give gifts mechanically, because it is the "thing" to do. Maybe that "R" should depict the only lasting "right" gift, which is the one that God gave in the Person of His Son. Romans 6:23 states, "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. " 

I The "I" could be the "icicles" of the winter season. This time of year marks the beginning of cold weather, which I personally dread. But to the spiritual person, the "I" might portray the fact that God the Son became an "infant" in order to qualify as man's Savior. Luke 2:11-12 declares: "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. " But in truth, it's not the "babe" we should remember so much as the life of the man He became - the One Who suffered and died for us (Rom. 5:6-8,15-19). That's why Paul calls Him, " ... the man Christ Jesus" (I Tim. 2:5).

S The "s" is one I have to admit that I, myself, enjoy. It is "Shop, Shop, Shop 'till you drop!" But actually, I enjoy that in March, May, August, September. But seriously, The "s" should symbolize "Salvation." That is why the Apostle Paul could proclaim without reservation, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Rom. 1:16). He had experienced God's saving power first-hand, and knew that it would work for all who desired to be saved. 

T For the secular world, the "T" might depict the "tree" to trim. ~Though representing no small effort, it seems that just about everyone perpetuates the age-old tradition of placing lights and ornaments on this annual fixture. But the word, "tree" can also bring to mind the tree that grew hundreds of years ago that made the Cross on which our Savior was crucified. I Peter 2:24 reveals that "[Christ] His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree. " He made this tree despite knowing the agony it would bring Him as He was judged on our behalf (Jn. 1: 1-3, 14). 

M The "M" could picture, "Man." Too often the world sees man's desires as paramount, giving itself over to the fleshly indulgences of the occasion. But our "M" should be for the "Message" of God's Word announced for all to hear (Lk. 2:10, 13-14). That is, if we would only proclaim it, and if they would only listen. Romans 10:15-17 declares, "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things ... So then, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Christmas is really about having people place their absolute trust in Jesus Christ to save their souls forever. 

A The "A" has to stand for "abundance." Yes, at this time, everyone seems to want more and more. Here, people never seem to be satisfied or content. Children are usually disappointed with what they've received and appear to be unthankful despite a multitude of presents. Often, dissatisfaction is register-ed with parents because others received more than they did. Nevertheless, the believer's "A" should denote "appreciation." II Corinthians 9:15 reflects heartfelt gratitude by Paul for what God gave us in Christ. He says, "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. " How different is the attitude of some, who "When they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful ... " (Rom. 1:21). Gratitude should truly be the order of the day for everyone at this time of the year.

S The "s" identifies the "Sin" of greed that is rampant in the world during Christmas because everyone wants the many "gifts" that God bestows, but very few want the "Giver." It is a constant battle even for believers to fight against the temptation to covet what others have (Rom. 7:7; Eph. 5:3). Be that as it may, our "s" recognizes Christ's foremost title - "Savior." The angel made reference to this regarding the name of Christ prior to His conception. He said, " ... thou shalt call His name JESUS: for He shall save His people from their sins" (Matt. 1:21).

We've gone through every letter which makes up the word "Christmas." By so doing, we've come to one outstanding conclusion: that is, Christmas is really about receiving the gift of salvation that is offered by God to all who will simply receive it by faith (Eph. 2:8-9). If you haven't already, won't you do so right now? If you will, I guarantee that then you will have a truly Merry Christ-mas. Again, the Bible tells us the real meaning of Christmas. It says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" Jn. 3:16). Won't you open this beautifully wrapped package of salvation and receive all the blessings it contains? Go ahead! It has your name on it! 

Should this Inspirational series has  been a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at  GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ. 

We may not be able to give much 
but we can always give the joy
 that springs in a heart that is
 in love with God.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Dec 2015, 9:25 pm

THE ADAMIC HERITAGE 
By Pastor Bob Hanna

"There is none righteous, no, not one. For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:10,23). Most believers think of these statements in the sense that because we have committed many sins, we must confess them and repent of them in order to attain salvation. In actuality, however, even if it were possible for one never to have sinned at all (which it is not) he would nevertheless be guilty and under condemnation, separated from God and in need of salvation. Most evangelical teaching is geared to pleading with God to forgive us for sins that we have committed. But the most important factor is either misunderstood or overlooked. The fact is that our condemnation is inherited from Adam.

"Wherefore as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: For until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of Him that was to come" (Romans 5:12-14). King David had knowledge of this condition. He said, "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me" (Psalm 51:5). As for the plea for forgiveness, this too is misunderstood by the majority of teachers, pastors and evangelists. To beg God for forgiveness is in fact a denial of His finished work of redemption on Calvary's cross. He has already forgiven; we have but to thank Him for it in order to claim it for ourselves.

Our apostle's message is clear: "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light; who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: in whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians1:12-14). "For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many" (Romans 5:15). "Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift" ( II Corinthians 9:5). 

We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says. 

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" 

OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Dec 2015, 8:07 pm

~NOW NO CONDEMNATION~
By M. Stanford
"Ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ, that ye should be married to another, even to Him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God" (Rom. 7:4).

Romans Six reveals our position as having died unto the principle of sin; Romans Seven teaches us our position as having died unto the principle of law. Both must be counted upon if we are to abide in Christ, and walk in the Spirit, as set forth in Romans Eight.

"We have to look at ourselves and see how far we are devotedly following the Lord Jesus, with full purpose of heart - how we can say, 'This one thing I do'; but we must take care at the same time not to get into legal bondage by this standard. If I say, 'Here is a rule of conduct: follow it,' this cannot reach the heart, the affections. The ministration of the letter brings only failure, and condemnation; for it prescribes a rule which man, being a sinner, can never follow. It does not change a man; it proves him 'ungodly and without strength.'

"We may turn even Christ into that letter of condemnation; we may take His life, for instance. and make it our law. Nay, we may turn even the love of Christ into our law; we may say, 'He has loved me, and done all this for me, and I ought to love Him, and do so much for Him, in return for this love,' etc. Thus if we turn His love into a rule of life, it becomes the ministration of condemnation."

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Gal. 5:1).

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Dec 2015, 5:23 pm

LET IT GET YOU DOWN
by C. R. Stam 

"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph. 3: 14). 

When adversity strikes, the world keeps telling us: "Don’t let it get you down," but believers in the Lord Jesus Christ have learned that it is good to let troubles and difficulties get them down -- down on their knees. 

A native evangelist in Africa sat outside his hut discouraged and unhappy. Trouble and disappointment had brought "great coldness" into his heart and he seemed ready to give up. The Lord, he felt, had utterly forsaken him. As he sat there, though, his little girl kept nudging him and saying: "Daddy, go inside and pray ." Finally it worked! The evangelist went inside, poured his heart out to God and arose feeling sure that the Lord would see him through. 

It is good for us to get down on our knees before God. There is no attitude more appropriate to the redeemed sinner. And as we pray, often falteringly.... 

"The Spirit also helpeth our infirmities; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit Himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 
"And He that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Rom. 8:26-28). 

"Be careful [anxious] for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding. shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:6,7). 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at  GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ. 

May we be found faithful in prayer, faithful in reading the Bible, and
faithful in sharing our faith with others.

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Dec 2015, 9:58 pm

*SPIRITUAL VICTORY *
* by C. R. Stam*
* If we go to the Scriptures and claim, by faith, the Spirit's 
help in overcoming our sins, we enter into the enjoyment of the fullness 
of spiritual life and blessing. If we fail to do so, we wither and die 
--- as far as our spiritual experience is concerned. We can never lose 
our salvation, of course, for "everlasting life" was obtained by faith 
in Christ, not by walking in the Spirit. This is confirmed by the fact 
that the same apostle who pleads: "Grieve not the Holy Spirit of God," 
hastens to add: "WHEREBY YE ARE SEALED UNTO THE DAY OF REDEMPTION" (Eph. 
4:30).

But failure to appropriate God's gracious provision for 
victory over sin does result in death as far as our Christian experience 
is concerned. This is what the Apostle means, when he says, by the Spirit:

"FOR TO BE CARNALLY MINDED IS DEATH; BUT TO BE SPIRITUALLY 
MINDED IS LIFE AND PEACE" (Rom. 8:6).

"FOR IF YE LIVE AFTER THE FLESH, YE SHALL DIE: BUT IF YE 
THROUGH THE SPIRIT DO MORTIFY [PUT TO DEATH] THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, YE 
SHALL LIVE" (Rom. 8:13).

To the careless Corinthians, the Apostle Paul exclaimed:

"What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy 
Spirit, which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in 
your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (I Cor. 6:19,20).

*We are not here by chance.*
*God put us here for a purpose,*
*and our lives are never fulfilled and complete*
*until His purpose becomes the foundations*
*and center of our lives.*

Hold the world at bay. Live in many moments of rest. May the peace of 
God go before you, leading you into each day. For whenever we look up 
into the face of our Father, whenever we quiet our spirit to hear His 
voice, we have found divine peace this crazy world can never take away.

**Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging 
Christians to believe what God says.

Message "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission "To Make All See" Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by 
the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13.

**We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, 
and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the 
Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the 
fullness of Christ:"

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call, 1 623 
546 8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other 
person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL. This worldwide 
ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and 
Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE.

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*

LIVING BY FAITH
By Pastor ROBERT E. HANNA,

Scripture Reading: Romans I: 17; Habakkuk 2:4

"Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk
therein: I am the Lord your God. Ye shall therefore keep my
statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in
them: I am the Lord" (Leviticus 18:4,5). Such are the 
unquestionable and irrefutable conditions of life under the law.
There were no exceptions stated, no shadows of meaning, no gray
areas.

But notice another positive and unequivocal declaration---also
the Word of God! "As many as are of the works of the law are
under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is everyone that
continueth not in all things which are written in the book of
the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in
the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live in
them. CHRIST HATH REDEEMED US FROM THE CURSE OF THE LAW, BEING
MADE A CURSE FOR US: for it is written, Cursed is everyone that
hangeth on a tree" (Galatians 3:10-13).

A seeming paradox! But our Apostle provides the answer.

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being
justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in
Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:23,24). "For therein is the 
righteousness of God revealed from faith [provided by God for
our justification] to faith [received by the believer as the
enablement to walk pleasing to God]." "For what the law could
not do, in that it was weak in the flesh, God sending His own
Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin
in the flesh" (Romans 8:3).

THOUGHT TO PONDER ON THIS WEEK

Affliction comes to the believer not to make him
sad,
             but sober; not to make him sorry, but wise.
     Even as the plow enriches the field so
             that the seed is multiplied a thousandfold,
            so affliction should magnify our joy and
 increase our spiritual harvest.

-- Henry Ward Beecher

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of 
encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of
Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity,
Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and
of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the
measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm

ARE YOUR TIME PRIORITIES STRAIGHT? 
Part 1 of 2
by E. R. Campbell, Pastor 

What I want to share with you may also be called RIGHTLY DIVIDING YOUR TIME. Time is a fleeting commodity. It cannot be recaptured nor relived. The hands of the clock continually remind us that the present is becoming the irreversible past. In view of the fact that there is only one life to live and it will soon be past, Paul admonishes us to be busy redeeming the time (Eph. 5:16). 

Our goal should be to know and do the will of God, i.e., to be in a right spiritual relation to Him. The answer to how we can attain this goal is found in the Bible. If we begin with the Book of Genesis and read through the Old Testament, we may become very frustrated for the examples of spiritual defeat far exceed the examples of even partial spiritual victory (Rom. 3:19-20). In fact, what we read in this part of the Bible might even cause us to give up our quest for a spiritual relation to God, for we could become disillusioned with the weakness of our flesh (Rom. 7:7-24; 8:3).

By the time we reach the New Testament we are convinced that there are no short cuts to spirituality. We are depressed as we read about Jesus' Twelve Disciples, for they too were far better acquainted with spiritual defeat than victory. Finally, hope of attaining our goal is revived as we read Second Corinthians 5:17: "if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old things have passed away, behold, new things have come." This verse gives us the first glimpse of spiritual victory. The moment we exercise faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior we become a new creature, the basis for victory over the weakness of the flesh. By the grace of God, apart from all human effort, we are instantaneously transferred from an "in Adam" to an "in Christ" position. Forensically speaking, we are perfectly righteous and just in Christ in the heavenlies (Eph. 1:6; Col. 2: 10). 

This new status is solely based upon the grace of God ---Christ's infinite sacrifice on Calvary (Eph. 1:6-7). The foundation for spirituality is the fact that we have been made the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor. 5:21). God took the initiative in bringing us into this relation to Himself, for when we were dead in trespasses and sins, incapable of making the slightest movement toward God, He made us alive with Christ (Eph.2:5).

Now that we are spiritually alive with Christ, we are capable of both assuming and fulfilling responsibilities before God (1 John 5:11-12; Rom. 6:16). Our life with Christ in the heavenlies is to be manifest in our lifestyle upon the earth (Rom. 6:18-19). If we are truly alive in Christ, know how to express it, and have the physical ability to do so, there will be some degree of overt evidence of this life.

The Holy Spirit occupies a key position in this present age of Grace. In previous dispensations He had an objective with relation to men (Exodus 31:2-3), but in this dispensation of Grace He has a subjective in-relation to men (John 14:17). In Second Corinthians 3:6, Paul affirms that God qualifies us as "ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit makes alive." He confirms this same truth in Galatians 5:18, where he says that grace excludes the Law of Moses, i.e., "if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law. " These two verses make it clear that the dispensations of Law and Grace are not to be confused. They are opposites, and to mix them is to make both ineffectual. 

Granting that we are living in the dispensation of the Grace of God, and granting that the Holy Spirit is the Enlightener in this age, what body of truth does He use to enlighten us (Eph. 3:2)? The giving of the dispensation of the Law was inseparable from the giving of the Law itself (Exodus 19:4-8; 20:1-35:19). Likewise, the giving of the dispensation of Grace was inseparable from the giving of the truth by which it is to be governed (Eph. 3:3-12). This truth is commonly referred to as that which was previously unrevealed and hidden, hence, it is labeled the mystery. Prior to being revealed that truth was in mystery form, kept secret. After being revealed this truth was designated on the basis of what it was, thus Paul refers to it as THE MYSTERY. From the vantage point of the Mosaic Law, or the Old Testament, this was a feasible label, for it focused on new-previously-hidden truth.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

ARE YOUR TIME PRIORITIES STRAIGHT? 
Part 2 of 2
by E. R. Campbell 

In keeping our time priorities straight it is exceedingly important that we concentrate on the specific body of truth given to the New Testament churches. God's present program is the dispensation of the Grace of God (Rom. 4:15; 11:5-6; Gal. 2:21; 5:4). During this present administration God is relating to his people through Christ and His Church (Eph. 1:22-23; 4:11-16; Col. 1 :24-28). This is a time when God is sovereignly calling individual Jews and Gentiles into one Body (1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 2:16-19; Col. 3:15).

If we want to learn how to become members of the Body of Christ, the Church, we need to turn to the epistles written to the New Testament churches (Rom. 3:21-22). If we want to learn how to live as members of the Body of Christ, we will find the details in the letters written to the New Testament churches (Rom. 12:1-2). If we want insight into our future, we will find a brief, understandable sketch in the epistles which Paul wrote to the New Testament churches (1 Thess. 4:13-17).

The fact that the New Testament epistles were written either directly to local churches or to believers associated with churches sets a strong precedent for us to major in teaching them. There is no record nor inkling that Paul ever expounded an Old Testament book to any of the churches. True, he occasionally quoted applicable principles from the Old Testament, but only for the purpose of corroborating the truth revealed to him for the Church. This truth already being incorporated into the Pauline Epistles, they already contain the pertinent, universal principles necessary from the Old Testament. Paul kept his priorities straight, he concentrated on the Truth given to him for the Church, truth which establishes believers (Rom. 16:25).

Having observed what Paul preached to the lost (1 Cor. 1:23; 15:1-4), and what he preached to the saints (Col. 1:24-29), shouldn't we be preaching the same message? We recognize that the Lord deposited with him anew, distinct message of Grace for the Church (1 Cor. 2:6-10; Gal. 1:11-12; Eph. 1:3-14; 2:4-10), which he has confirmed beyond controversy, but hasn't this same message been deposited with us? 

Paul dogmatically asserts that the Gospel which was deposited with him has also been deposited with us. He wrote to Timothy: "for I know in whom I have believed, and I have been persuaded that he is able to guard my deposit unto that day. Hold the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me ... guard the good deposit through the Holy Spirit dwelling in us (2 Tim. 1:12-14):' In the next chapter he extends this deposit to include all faithful believers, for he commands: "which things you have heard from me through many witnesses, these things commit [deposit] to faithful men, who shall be qualified to also teach others" (2 Tim. 2:2; cf. 3:10, 14; 1 Tim. 1 :3; 4:6, 11; 6:20; Phil. 4:6). Paul knew that the Lord had given him a special revelation of Truth for the Church, and unlike a boxer beating the air, preaching Mosaic Law truth, his priority was to preach the Truth for the Church (1 Cor. 9: 16-17, 26). 

Keep in mind, all the books of the Bible are equally inspired by God the Holy Spirit (2 Tim. 3:16; 1 Peter 1:11-12; 2 Peter 1:20-21). We acknowledge that what was written previously, particularly pertaining to the coming Messiah, has secondary instructional value for us for it incites our hope (Rom. 15:3-4; Isa. 53:1-12). Also, at Canyonview Bible Seminary we teach nine hours of Old Testament survey, Old Testament seminars, and the Hebrew language. The issue is not whether the Old Testament is inspired or has value, but the real issue is TIME. 

At Canyonview Bible Seminary we have enough time to major in the books of the New Testament as well as give general knowledge of the Old Testament. In the average church, however, TIME IS A VERY CRUCIAL FACTOR! Since there is insufficient time available to adequately teach the Truth given to the Church, let alone the Old Testament, we are forced to make a choice. In view of the limited time available ~ our priority must be to teach Church Truth - which has its expansive heart in the fourteen epistles written by the Apostle Paul.  

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Dec 2015, 7:08 pm

THE MIRACLE OF LOVE 
by Robert Hanna 

JESUS Christ, who is very God, thus addressed His disciples: "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you, Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:12,13). The magnitude of the love of God is beyond the scope of human comprehension. "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

Obviously, the world is anything but lovable! Ergo, the evident meaning is that God showed forth such great love toward the world, that, despite their unregenerate condition, men might, upon believing, obtain eternal life. "For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:7,8). How can we possibly conceive of such love! It would be impossible for us to generate equal love. "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins .... We love Him, because He first loved us" (1 John 4:10,19).

The central figure of the entire Word of God is Jesus Christ. And the total remedy for all of the ills of the world was effected by Him in the offering of Himself at Calvary, to suffer, bleed and die as the spotless lamb of the once-for-all sacrifice required to satisfy the demands of God's standard of justice. All this was accomplished by the exercise of God's love. The supreme teaching of the Scriptures must surely be the doctrine of love.

How appropriately does our Apostle so emphasize: "And now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is LOVE" (1Cor. 13:13). Our motivation--our driving force--as saints of God, is His love. "For the love of Christ constraineth us ... " (2 Cor. 5:14). By the power of His love we are assured of ultimate victory. We are destined to suffer for Him in sundry ways, as members of His body ."Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Tim. 3:12). There will be losses and defeats and pain and trials. But "In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us" (Rom. 8:37).

The Apostle's personal testimony should be emulated by every saint of God. He passionately affirms, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith [fulness] of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me" (Gal. 2:20).

Our Apostle clearly defines the spiritual responsibility of the saint of God in testimony and witness. "Now the end of the commandment is love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned" (1 Tim. 1:5) Having enumerated the proper behavioral characteristics of the faithful believer, Paul sums up with these words: "And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness" (Col. 3:14).

We must continually reassess our compliance with the stipulations set forth by our Apostle. Are we preoccupied with our intellectual knowledge of Scripture? Do we present ourselves to others as superior and complacent and above reproach? Do we arrogantly contend for our personal opinion and demean those with whom we do not agree? We are admonished to avoid such behavior. "The servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient. .. "(2 Tim.2:24).

The Apostle Paul prays for us as members of the body of Christ, "That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Eph. 3:17-19).

How very true it is, that the love of Christ "passeth knowledge!" Our reciprocal love toward Him can never compare with His love to us. That kind of love is far beyond our capacity to understand or express. But we can pour out the love of which we are capable of returning from a heart full of the joy and peace bestowed by God's grace.

Lest we be tempted to be caught up with the illusion of self-worth, may we be ever mindful of these humble words of Paul: "Though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not  love, I am nothing" (1 Cor. 13:2).

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; and WALK IN LOVE, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us as an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savour" (Eph.5:1,2).

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Dec 2015, 7:27 pm

Are You Secure? 
Part 4 of 4
By PAUL SADLER 

ETERNAL SECURITY 

"In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of Truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise.

"Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory" (Eph. 1:13, 14). 

>From this passage we learn that the Holy Spirit plays a vital role in the eternal security of every believer. The moment we have taken Christ as our personal Savior the Holy Spirit baptizes us into the Body of Christ, sealing us there for all eternity. We are not sealed with a mere circular impression as on a legal document, but rather the Scriptures disclose that the Holy Spirit Himself is the seal that secures us in the Body of Christ. As we have said before: when a woman seals jars of jelly with wax, the jellies are sealed by the woman, but with wax. The wax is the seal. Thus, according to Eph.1:13, believers are sealed ", .. with that Holy Spirit of promise, the Holy Spirit Himself keeping them safe forever. 

During Biblical times when a ruler would fix a seal to a certain thing, whether it were a lion's den or a tomb, it was done to secure his decree, thus making it irrevocable. When the presidents persuaded King Darius to make a declaration against petitioning any God, the King was forced to place Daniel in the lion's den, sealing it with his own signet. The record informs us that the sealing with the King's signet was done, " ... that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel" (Dan, 6:16,17). If this is true in the affairs of men, how much more so in the affairs of God. Every believer has been sealed with the Holy Spirit, and this proclamation of God can never be reversed---we are safe and secure in the everlasting arms. 

The Apostle Paul goes on in the Ephesian letter to show us that the earnest of the Spirit is the pledge or the down payment until the transaction is completed. To place earnest money down in Paul's day, as well as in our day, meant three things: 

1)    It was a down payment which made the deal binding. 
2)    It represented an obligation to purchase. 
3)    It was a foretaste of what was to come. 

When purchasing property it is a common practice to place a certain amount of earnest money down. This makes the deal binding and obligates the buyer to purchase the piece of land according to the terms of the contract. So it is with God. He has given us the earnest of the Spirit (the indwelling Spirit) as a down payment, which means He now has the obligation to honor His Word to complete the transaction. Thus, when the trump sounds God will claim His purchased possession ushering us home to be forever with Him (I Thess. 4:17). 

THE BENEFITS OF BEING SECURE 

The world can fall apart around us, but "if God be for us who can be against us?" In a world of uncertainty and chaos, the believer can rest assured that he belongs to the Lord, who is able to keep him until the day of redemption. 

One of the many benefits of understanding the doctrine of Eternal Security is that it removes the fear of ever losing our salvation. Instead of finding ourselves in an emotional frenzy, wondering if we have gone too far in sinful behavior, we can rest in the truth that, by His grace, we are still safe and secure. This will motivate us to serve the Lord because He loves us. We then can devote all of our time and energy to carrying out the commands of Christ to the praise of his glory! 

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord"---Rom. 8:35,37-39. 

Our Purpose and Mission

Message  "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material   "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method   "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission   "To Make All See"  Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13. 

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:" 

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Dec 2015, 6:17 pm

“Lord, if You bless me, I’ll thank You; but if You
don’t, I’ll be thankful for what I
have.”
– Phil Robertson

SCRIPTURE FOR TODAY

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good
to them that love God, to them who are the called
according to [his] purpose.

Rom 8:28  We know that God is always at work for the good of
everyone who loves him. They are the ones God has chosen for his
purpose,(CEV)

1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of
God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
     We may not discover God’s will for our life
until we obey the revealed will of God in Scripture.

Psa 103:10  He has not treated us as we deserve for our sins
or paid us back for our wrongs (GW)

1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.

Phi 4:11b  for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am,
[therewith] to be content.

I remember a time when, in keeping my “no breakfast before
Bible” habit, the last thing I felt like doing that
morning was reading my Bible.  I had a long day ahead
of me, but the irony is that the very time you feel least
like reading your Bible is the very time you need it the
most. I can say that about prayer, too! We should feel
even more compelled to want to pray, read the Word, and
give thanks at the times we feel least like doing 
it.  God is pleased when we can praise Him and thank Him in
the storm.--Phil
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:26 pm

Are You Secure? 
Part 3 of 4
By PAUL SADLER 

OUR RELATIONSHIP 

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the: of His Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father" (Gal. 4:6) 

"In Whom we have redemption through His blood, even forgiveness of sins" (Col. 1: 14). 

A father and a son had worked together for several, years when one day the son became disgruntled angrily approached his father. "Dad, I've had it. I don't like how you operate this business and I feel you have treated me unfairly. I plan to move hundreds of miles away, change my name, tear up my birth certificate and I never want to see you again!" 

While the fellowship between the father and the son had been disrupted, because of the lad's sinful behavior, the son could never change the fact that he was still the son of his father. He could not alter the blood relationship he had with his father. Such relationships are irreversible for all of the days of one's life. 

If you count this to be an indisputable fact (and it is), then you must also acknowledge the Scriptures when they instruct us that we have the same type of relationship, spiritually, with our Heavenly Father. The Word of God declares that we are the sons of God, which clearly indicates we have a relationship with God which we are bound to by the blood of Christ for all time and eternity. Since this relationship can never be broken, it can only mean that every believer in Christ is eternally secure! 

But will some object that this teaching provides a license to sin? Quite the contrary! Which is better, a father who rules with a rod of iron demanding the letter of the law, or a father who out of love and respect is willingly obeyed? The latter of course, which also is in accord with the dispensation of grace. Because God has achieved so much on our behalf, it is out of love and respect for Him that we would not want to do anything that would bring disgrace to His Holy Name.

Lord God of my salvation, thank You for the glorious message of the gospel. What good news it is to have forgiveness, eternal life, and daily transformation through Your grace.  I rejoice that You have taken me out from under the law. I now know that I am your inheritance, I know you are my life, and know that it is you Lord Jesus who brings forth spiritual fruit in me, and all the praise belongs to you.  May Your name be exalted, Amen.

Our Purpose and Mission

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13. 

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Dec 2015, 12:59 am

Are You Secure? 
Part 1 of 4
By PAUL SADLER 

The postwar years from 1945 through 1960 were not only years of rebuilding in America, they also served as an era that provided a sense of security. Those who pursued the "American Dream" found that their employers supplied steady employment along with a comfortable retirement plan. Security seemed to be woven into the very fabric of our society. 

But as a new day dawned in the 60's storm clouds began to gather, threatening the very existence of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Everything seemed to come unglued overnight. With the Cuban Missile Crisis, the tension between the U.S. and the Soviet Union was at an all time high. Most of us sat on the edge of our seats as a nuclear assault appeared to be eminent. The assassination of leaders stunned us, leaving everyone astonished as to how cruel our fellow-man can really be. As if that wasn't bad enough, our teenagers suddenly went berserk, rebelling against anything that even had the semblance of authority. 

As the years wore on, unexpected mergers and acquisitions of numerous companies started taking place on a nation-wide scale, causing many Americans to be faced with uncertain futures. More recently a number of corporations have pulled up stakes, relocating overseas taking with them thousands of jobs. As a result many have found themselves out on the street, unemployed, laden with a feeling of betrayal. Gradually the great industrial nation of the world has found itself in a state of fading glory, destined now to become a service nation. 

The "American Dream" has to many become the "American Nightmare" as jobs, marriages and our sense of security have been uprooted. Insecurity is a plague upon the land which will not soon pass. It has caused many a person, including believers, to pause and consider. "Is there anyone whom we can trust?" "Is anything certain in this world of uncertainty?" 

HOPE FOR THOSE IN DESPAIR 

"In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began" (Titus 1:2). 

The fact that the believer is in the world, yet not of the world, does not diminish the reality that the world around us affects us. Sometimes being weary from life itself can even cause one's confidence in the Lord to be shaken. This is especially true of new believers who are still finding their way in the Scriptures. To heighten their sense of uncertainty, just about the time they are getting a handle on things spiritually, someone informs them that they are not eternally secure and could lose their salvation! Were it not for the grace of God, such times could result in a lethal injection of fear. 

The Apostle Paul, when he writes to Titus calms these fears as he turns our doubts into hope--the hope of eternal life. He declares that there is someone we can implicitly trust in a world of instability, and that someone is the Lord God, Almighty. 

God has promised the free gift of eternal life to all those who believe on His Son. If God has spoken it, then you can be absolutely certain that He will bring it to pass just as He has promised---He "cannot lie!" The Word of the Lord through the prophet Balaam lends further confirmation to the Apostle's teaching: 

"God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the Son of Man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? Or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?" (Num. 23:19). 

When God says that He parted the Red Sea and one and one-half million Israelites crossed on dry ground, I unequivocally take Him at His Word, based on two truths: One, "nothing is impossible with God" and secondly, He "cannot lie!" All believers can look forward with confident expectation for God to honor His Word and grant sincere believers the gift of eternal life. Be it known, however, He will also stand true to His Word by confining all of those who reject the gospel to the Lake of Fire. 

I KNOW YOU THOUGHT THIS WAS WRITTEN NOW,  
BUT WAS WRITTEN LONG BEFORE,
 HISTORY DOES REPEAT ITSELF.

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

Are You Secure? 
Part 2 of 4
By PAUL SADLER 

SALVATION 

When we consider the subject of salvation it is crucial to remember that "Salvation is of the Lord." It was God who devised the plan of salvation and implemented it at the Cross, where Christ died for our sins. God's justice, having been satisfied, paved the way for His acceptance of the finished work of Christ on our behalf. Now in love He turns to us, revealing that we must respond by faith to what He has accomplished. 

There is not a believer reading these lines who would hold that we can save ourselves from our sins. Every true believer will acknowledge this conclusion to be unconditionally true, because it is based on the living Word of God. This being the case, we must also acknowledge that the Lord must, according to His Word, keep us saved or eternally secure. If we agree 
that no one has the power to save himself, then it naturally follows that no one has the power to keep himself either. Our complete salvation (past, present and future) depends wholly on Him. 

HOLDING FORTH THE WORD OF LIFE 

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Rom. 6:23). 

Is it possible to help those who believe they can lose their salvation? By all means, but first we must be equipped with the proper Scripture passages, in order, to effectively minister to those who hold this view. Here are two suggestions: Select a passage, such as Romans 6:23, and politely ask your friend to read it carefully. Then inquire, "When you initially believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, did you receive the gift of eternal life as promised in this verse?" Brace yourself, because he is going to respond, "Definitely!" Gently reply, again I say gently, "In what sense was it eternal if you can ever lose it?" You see, if you can lose it, then it was never eternal to begin with. The Holy Spirit used the word "eternal" because that is exactly the thought He wanted to convey. If you believe God is eternal, then the life we inherit at the moment of regeneration must also be eternal, because Christ is our life (Col. 3:4). 

The next inquiry that naturally follows is, "If you can lose your salvation (eternal life), which sin is it that will place you again in danger of the Hell fire judgment to come?" Understanding the Word rightly divided means that we must confine ourselves to Paul's revelation, seeing he is the Apostle to the Gentiles and received the commands of Christ for the Church today (Rom. 11:13;I Cor. 14:37). 

After fifteen years of studying the epistles Paul, I know of no passage of Scripture that sets forth a sin or sins whereby one could lose his salvation. Where God is silent the believer is also bound to be silent.  But some will say, "It's the more serious sins named in the Bible, ones like murder or adultery that can finally condemn us." But, according to Prov. 6:16-20 the sins of pride and lying are a greater abomination in the sight of God. 

Another dilemma you will find yourself in if you hold to the doctrine of "eternal insecurity" is trying to determine when you've sinned that "undefinable" sin too many times. If for example it was lying, is it lie or the tenth lie you may tell? A bewildered saint said to me one time, "I am not really sure, but know it in my heart when it happens." I needed only to remind him of the words of Jeremiah. "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" (Jer. 17:9).

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 6:28 pm

POINTS TO PONDER 
The Prophetic Questions 

Pastor Finley Hunter 

When the Lord Jesus, on the Mount of Olives, answered the threefold prophetic question by His disciples in Matthew 24:3, some of the answers will involve the future 144,000. 

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? 

The questions were: 
1. "When shall these things be?" 
2. "What shall be the sign of Thy coming?" 
3. "And of the end of the age" 

Certain phrases both in the narrative and in the prophecy itself pinpoint the time of fulfillment, e.g.: 

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (24:21). 

and, 

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken" (24:29). 

This passage or its salient features appear in no less than seven Old Testament prophecies and identifys it with the Day of the LORD, i.e., the actual Second Coming of Christ (Joel 2:10,30,31). 

Since the Twelve Apostles have passed away, and Christ has not yet returned, it is the future 144,000 (i.e., 12,000 X 12) apostles or evangelists that will complete the great commission, preaching the "Gospel of the Kingdom" (24:14).

Using Matthew 24:14 as a cross reference, the reader will be rewarded to notice Matthew 10:22:

"And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. "

Then, observe well verse 23:

"But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye to another: for verily, I say unto you, ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel till the Son of Man be come. "

There is no doubt about this verse referring to the actual Second Coming of Christ. Therefore, it is the 144,000 Jewish Apostles about whom these verses are speaking (Revelation chapters 7 and 14).

The Scofield Bible notes on this passage, "The scope of verses 16-23 reaches beyond the personal ministry of the twelve .....verse 23 has in view the preaching of the remnant ... in the tribulation.....    and immediately preceding the return of Christ in glory. 

The student must rightly divide the dispensations, the messages and the messengers to understand the passages cited. 

So ... in the Dispensation of the Tribulation (not the Apostolic Age), the 144,000 (not the 12 disciples) preach the Gospel of the Kingdom (not the Gospel of the Grace of God), just before the Second Coming of Christ (not the Rapture of the Church). 
Our Purpose and Mission

We read in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

POINTS TO PONDER *
The Prophetic Questions

Pastor Finley Hunter

When the Lord Jesus, on the Mount of Olives, answered the threefold 
prophetic question by His disciples in Matthew 24:3, some of the answers 
will involve the future 144,000.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto 
him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what 
[shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

The questions were:
1. "When shall these things be?"
2. "What shall be the sign of Thy coming?"
3. "And of the end of the age"

Certain phrases both in the narrative and in the prophecy itself 
pinpoint the time of fulfillment, e.g.:

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the 
beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (24:21).

and,

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be 
darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall 
from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken" (24:29).

This passage or its salient features appear in no less than seven Old 
Testament prophecies and identifys it with the Day of the LORD, i.e., 
the actual Second Coming of Christ (Joel 2:10,30,31).

Since the Twelve Apostles have passed away, and Christ has not yet 
returned, it is the future 144,000 (i.e., 12,000 X 12) apostles or 
evangelists that will complete the great commission, preaching the 
"Gospel of the Kingdom" (24:14).

Using Matthew 24:14 as a cross reference, the reader will be rewarded to 
notice Matthew 10:22:

"And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that 
endureth to the end shall be saved. "

Then, observe well verse 23:

"But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye to another: for 
verily, I say unto you, ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel 
till the Son of Man be come. "

There is no doubt about this verse referring to the actual Second Coming 
of Christ. Therefore, it is the 144,000 Jewish Apostles about whom these 
verses are speaking (Revelation chapters 7 and 14).

The Scofield Bible notes on this passage, "The scope of verses 16-23 
reaches beyond the personal ministry of the twelve .....verse 23 has in 
view the preaching of the remnant ... in the tribulation..... and 
immediately preceding the return of Christ in glory.

The student must rightly divide the dispensations, the messages and the 
messengers to understand the passages cited.

So ... in the Dispensation of the Tribulation (not the Apostolic Age), 
the 144,000 (not the 12 disciples) preach the Gospel of the Kingdom (not 
the Gospel of the Grace of God), just before the Second Coming of Christ 
(not the Rapture of the Church).

Our Purpose and Mission

We read in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being 
enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what 
the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in 
Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit 
together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of 
understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the 
mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and 
the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till 
we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son 
of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the 

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm

THE JOY OF FAITH
By Miles Stanford

"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see Him
not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of
glory" (1 Pet. 1:8).

Although both faith and joy are included in 'the fruit of the
Spirit,' joy can only flourish upon the foundation of faith.
When faith is present and active, favorable circumstances are
not necessary for joy; trials and tribulations cannot daunt it.

"There are some Christians who seem to be afraid of enjoying all
the rays of the Son of Righteousness. They are afraid of being
too happy. Perhaps some of us have not really considered that
'joy' is itself a part of that fruit by which the Father is
glorified. There is nothing to be gained by despondency. Doubts
are not marks of humility; unbelief is really evidence of pride.
And there is no cloud that so effectively shuts out the glad
sunshine of our gracious Father's face as the thick cloud of
unbelief."---E.H.

"Although as to His circumstances the Lord Jesus was the Man of
Sorrows and acquainted with grief, yet He had a joy always
before His eyes. But we never find Him rejoicing in anything but
the will of His Father. 'I delight to do Thy will' was His true
testimony. So may we 'rejoice in the Lord' though all is dark
around, with the joy of faith that sees the unseen and looks
beyond the present and temporal to the eternal." ---G.G.

"The Old Testament believer had joy for God's gifts to him.
God's power made things here contribute to him. But the 
Christian's joy is in heaven and springs from what the Father is
to him there. He demands nothing from this world, but in the
life of the Lord Jesus he contributes to it, of the grace that
nourishes and comforts him outside it." -J.B.S.

"Blessed are the people that know the joyful sound; they shall
walk, 0 Lord, in the light of Thy countenance. In thy Name shall
they rejoice all the day" (Ps.89:15,16).

Phi 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to
will
and to do of [his] good pleasure.

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to
you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one's
who maybe defending the USA,  the Word of God is so needed in
our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH
and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO
SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord
Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of
Christ. 
     Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of
encouraging Christians to believe what God says.

We read in in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding
being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His
calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance
in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts
might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all
riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the 
acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of
God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge
of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the
Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the
faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect
man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of 
Christ:"

We are wiling o help you on this journey just give us a call, 
1 623 546 8866, Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

Posted by: "PARIS" gracenthetruth
“Jesus was God spelling Himself out in language humanity could understand.”
– S.D. Gordon

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and 
the Word was God.

Joh 1:14a And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it 
sufficeth us.

Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and 
yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the 
Father; and how sayest thou [then], Shew us the Father?

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in 
me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the 
Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

2Co 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our 
consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

The demons were actually the first to publicly confess that Jesus was 
God, but the Jews couldn’t handle that truth. Jesus said, "I and the 
Father are one," but "the Jews picked up stones again to stone him" 
(John 10:30-31). They said, "We are going to stone you but for 
blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God" (John 10:33).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:01 pm

* WHAT ABOUT ME, AND THE FUTURE?*
* by C. R. Stam*
*Is it not amazing that men who can produce intricate electronic 
mechanisms, build giant sky-scrapers, fly men to the moon and back -- is 
it not amazing that such men often do not even know what will finally 
become of themselves! And what is more amazing still is that most of 
them do not even try seriously to find out.

They are intelligent enough to plan carefully for the future where 
temporal affairs are concerned, but foolish enough to neglect their 
eternal welfare. They make plans for themselves in case they become ill 
and need additional funds for surgery, medicine and hospital care. They 
even make plans for their loved ones in case of death and bereavement, 
but fail to ask themselves: "What will become of me after death?"

Daily "the wise of this world" witness the truth of Hebrews 9:27, that 
"it is appointed unto men once to die", and most of them know that the 
Bible adds: "after this the judgment". They may hope that this is but a 
false alarm, but they do not know. They can only wonder and worry. 
Hebrews 2:15 declares that "through fear of death" they are "all their 
lifetime subject to bondage". Like Adam, they run and hide from God 
instead of running to Him and asking: "What must I do to be saved?" Too 
cowardly to face up to their own grave, no hope beyond the tomb -- too 
afraid, generally, to even discuss death.

The believer in the Word of God is not left thus in the dark. He glories 
in the truth of the passages from which we have quoted in part above. We 
quote them now in full:

Hebrews 2:14,15: "Forasmuch then as the children [of Adam] are partakers 
of flesh and blood, He [Christ] also Himself likewise took part of the 
same; that through death He might destroy him that had the power of 
death, that is, the devil;

"And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime 
subject to bondage."

Hebrews 9:27,28: "And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after 
this the judgment.

"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that 
look for Him shall He appear the second time without [lit., "apart 
from"] sin unto salvation."

*"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point."*

*Our Purpose and Mission

Message "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission "To Make All See" Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by 
the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13.

**We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, 
and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 
"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the 
Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the 

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call, Paris

*GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET*
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:13 pm

Seated In Heaven
by Pastor C. R. Stam

God sees every believer in Christ as already in heaven. See what the Bible says about this:

“BUT GOD, WHO IS RICH IN MERCY, FOR HIS GREAT LOVE WHEREWITH HE LOVED US,

“EVEN WHEN WE WERE DEAD IN SINS, HATH QUICKENED US TOGETHER WITH CHRIST (BY GRACE YE ARE SAVED),

“AND HATH RAISED US UP TOGETHER AND MADE US SIT TOGETHER IN HEAVENLY PLACES IN CHRIST JESUS:

“THAT IN THE AGES TO COME HE MIGHT SHOW THE EXCEEDING RICHES OF HIS GRACE IN HIS KINDNESS TOWARD US THROUGH CHRIST JESUS” (Eph.2:4-7).

Most sincere believers, poorly taught in the Word, are concerned about getting to heaven, but as far as God is concerned they are already there.They have been “made accepted in the Beloved” (Eph. 1:6). God has given them a position “in Christ.”

We are well aware that most of God’s people know little about this experientially, but God says that as far as He is concerned, they are already in heaven, and this is what matters. As Christ took our place on Calvary’s cross, God now sees us in Christ, at His own right hand,the place of favor and honor. This is why the Apostle Paul says to believers in Christ:

“IF YE THEN BE RISEN WITH CHRIST, SEEK THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE ABOVE, WHERE CHRIST SITTETH ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD.

“SET YOUR AFFECTION ON THINGS ABOVE, NOT ON THINGS ON THE EARTH.

“FOR YE ARE DEAD, AND YOUR LIFE IS HID WITH CHRIST IN GOD”(Col. 3:1-3).

And all this by the free grace of God:

“WHO HATH SAVED US, AND CALLED US WITH AN HOLY CALLING, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, BUT ACCORDING TO HIS OWN PURPOSE AND GRACE, WHICH WAS GIVEN US IN CHRIST JESUS BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN” (II Tim. 1:9).

Our hearts go out to those of our readers who have not yet received this“gift of the grace of God.” “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved” (Acts 16:31).

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:30 pm

A  BOND SLAVE OF JESUS CHRIST 
  by Russell S. Miller

In Paul's epistles he always opens with his name and, in most instances the phrase, "an apostle of Jesus Christ." But in his epistle to Titus, he opens with the declaration: 

"Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness" (Titus 1:1). 

Saul, as he was also known, commissioned with authority from the chief priests, was anything but godly in his persecution of Messiah's followers. But suddenly, on the road to Damascus, in Acts 9, the Lord stopped him in his tracks: 

"And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou Me? And he said, Who art Thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? ..." (Acts 9:4-6).

When the Lord appeared to Paul, at Damascus, he was most acutely aware of how wrong he had been, and of how ungodly his life had been without Christ, and it greatly humbled him. Years later this once proud Pharisee wrote that it was only God's grace that had made him the man of God he had become--"an apostle" and the devoted "servant of Jesus Christ" in ministering "the gospel of God" to the Gentiles (Rom.1:1-5). In Ephesians 3:7 he further tells us that he was "made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God, given unto me by the effectual working of His power. 
 "Unto me, who am LESS than the LEAST of all saints, is this GRACE given, that I should PREACH among the Gentiles THE UNSEARCHABLE RICHES OF CHRIST" (Eph. 3:7,8). 

In our text the word "servant," doulos in the Greek and rendered "bondman" in Textus Receptus, refers to one who serves. Paul was now the willing "servant" of Jesus Christ. Thus he exhorts believers not to be blinded by the devil's lies, "For we preach not ourselves, but CHRIST JESUS THE LORD; and ourselves your SERVANTS for Jesus' sake" (II Cor. 4:5). And because Paul was a faithful "bond slave" of Jesus Christ, he wrote Timothy: 

"Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen" (II Tim. 4:17,18). 

The Word of God is so needed in our world today, especially in our own USA, if this devotion has been a blessing and encouragement to you, pass it on to a friend.  

President Ronald Reagan said, “The principles of wealth-creation transcend time, people and place. Governments which deliberately subvert them by denouncing God,smothering faith, destroying freedom, and confiscating wealth have impoverished their people.”

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Dec 2015, 9:15 pm

INDWELT TO BE FILLED 
By Miles Stanford

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you" (Rom. 8:9). 

The believer knows that he is indwelt by the Holy Spirit on the testimony of the written Word; others know when the believer is filled with the Holy Spirit by the growing manifestation of the Living Word. 

"There are believers who need the reminder that deeper than mind and feeling and will, deeper than the soul, where these have their seat, in the depths of the renewed spirit, there comes, at re-birth, the Holy Spirit to dwell forever. His indwelling is there, first of all, and all through, to be recognized by faith. Even when I cannot see the least evidence of His working, I am quietly and reverently to believe that He dwells in me. In that faith I am restfully and trustfully to count upon His working, and to wait for it. In that faith I must very distinctly deny my own wisdom and strength, and in childlike self-abnegation depend upon Him to work. 

"His first workings may be so feeble and hidden that I can hardly recognize them as coming from Him; they may appear to be nothing more than the voice of conscience, or the familiar sound of some Bible truth. Here is the time for faith to hold fast the Master's promise and the Father's gift, and to trust that the Holy Spirit is within and will guide. Out of the hidden depths His power will move and take possession of mind and will, and the indwelling in the hidden recesses of the spirit will grow into a being filled with His fullness." - A.M.

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His" (Rom. 8:9). 

Our Purpose and Mission

OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Dec 2015, 7:35 pm

SPIRITUAL PROSPERITY 
By Miles Stanford

"That you may be filled with a clear knowledge of His will accompanied by thorough wisdom and discernment in spiritual things" (Col. 1:9, Wey.). 

Service does not come first; neither does life! The proper sequence for the believer is death to the old, from which emerges newness of life and fruitful service. 

"It is a sad thing when service interferes with soul-prosperity. It is possible to be so engrossed with service that one's meditations are colored by it, one's prayers are full of it, and the Word of God becomes simply a quarry out of which material for sermons can be dug up. This is a serious loss to the soul and many are thereby hindered from making spiritual progress. 

"Very often new believers who have not even peace with God are encouraged to take up service, and they become so occupied with what they are doing that they are not at leisure to learn or to take their place in the favor of the Father. Hence, so long as the service prospers, and they get on pretty well with it, they are happy. The service is their life! But when there is no success, and the whole thing seems to be a failure, their joy collapses. They have to discover how little they have really got, and in many cases to find that they are perfect strangers to the liberty and joy of acceptance." -CA.C. 

"There must be a profound and genuine experience of Divine things; a cultivation of the highest possibilities of godliness if the witness is to be really effective and fruitful. There must be a man behind the message - a saint behind the service. There must be the nameless effectiveness that comes from true fellowship with the Father." -A.T.P. 

"So that your lives may be worthy of the Lord and perfectly pleasing to Him while you manifest the results of right action of every sort and grow into a fuller knowledge of God" (Col. 1:10, Wey.). 

The cross that ended the earthly life of Jesus 
now puts an end to the sinner;
 and the power that raised Christ from 
the dead now raises him to a new life along with Christ. 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one's who maybe defending the USA,  the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:31 am

Our Only Boast
by Pastor C.R. Stam

“God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ…” (Gal.6:14).

St. Paul was once a proud Pharisee, smug in his self-righteousness. In Philippians 3:5,6, he lists some of the things in which he took great pride:

“Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel,of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.”

But everything was changed since that day when the Lord appeared to him on the road to Damascus. Suddenly he had seen himself a lost, condemned sinner in the sight of a holy God and had tasted the matchless grace that could reach down from heaven and save even him. He knew now that he could not stand before God in himself, or “on his own two feet,” as we say. His only safety before the bar of God was to take refuge in Christ,as he says in Verse 9:

“And be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith.”

Now he knew, as we all should know, that he really had nothing to boast of as far as his own standing before God was concerned. For the rest of his life, however, he did constantly boast of one thing: the cross,where the Christ he had so bitterly persecuted had died for his sins that he (Paul) might be justified before God. All else of which Paul boasted was embraced in the cross of Christ. This too is really the only thing we have to boast of and the most godly saint will enthusiastically join Paul in saying:

“BUT GOD FORBID THAT I SHOULD GLORY, SAVE IN THE CROSS OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, BY WHOM THE WORLD IS CRUCIFIED UNTO ME, AND UNTO THE WORLD.”

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Dec 2015, 1:39 pm

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own 
selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, 
except ye be reprobates?

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are still in the 
Christian faith. Test yourselves! Don't you recognize that you are 
people in whom Jesus Christ lives? Could it be that you're failing the 
test?(GW)

Col 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do [it] heartily, as to the Lord, and 
not unto men;

Col 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the 
inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Heb 6:10a For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour 
of love,

Eph 6:7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Dec 2015, 9:19 am

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 5 Download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f128199%5fAFRUimIAAJ62Vl5k0gkzeGRx%2ftQ&m=YaDownload&pid=2
STAND WHERE YOU ARE!  
By Miles Stanford

"God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love with which He loved us ... hath made us alive together with Christ ... and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:4-6).
Believers are not occupying their position! At best, most are trying to attain a victorious position by means of prayer, Bible study, commitment, reconsecration, surrender, and so forth. But the answer is simply to abide where we have already been placed --- in our risen Lord Jesus Christ. Abide above, and keep looking down! 
"Our Father has taken us over Jordan and placed us in Canaan, but the reality of it is never known until by faith we accept the fact on the basis of having died with Christ, and that therefore heaven is our place, and we know it to be our place now; and that this side is not our place, and we know that it is not. 
"The more we abide in the Lord on the other side, the less disappointed we will be here, for when we are there we import new joys and new hopes into this old world, from an entirely new one, and we therefore in every way surpass the inhabitants of this lost world." --- J.B.S. 
"You must abide in Christ in heaven before you can descend with heavenly ability to act for Him down here. The great secret of all blessing is to come from the Lord. Most Christians go to 
Him."

"Christian experience is our measure of apprehension of that which is already true of us in the Lord Jesus Christ." - A.J.
"Stand fast in the Lord" (Phil. 4:1). 
The beauty of grace.....
is that it meets us where we are
and gives us what we don't deserve.
Charles Swindoll

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK 
“God does not give His grace as He gives His sunshine - pouring it out on all alike. He discriminates in spiritual blessings. He gives strength according to our need. His eye is ever on us in tender, watchful love, and what we need He supplies.” 
— J. R. Miller
Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at  GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ. 
Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Dec 2015, 12:39 pm

THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
By the late Pastor Bob Hanna
The Holy Spirit of God has influenced lives in every dispensation, but not always in the same way. A great number of students of Scripture consider the Holy Spirit's appearance at Pentecost and His effect on those present on that occasion to be the beginning of a continuous influence, even to this present day. Such, however, is not the case.

At Pentecost the Holy Spirit appeared in fulfillment of prophecy - a promise made by Jesus Christ to His apostles. When He was preparing to ascend to heaven, He told them, "Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem and in Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8). He had already said to them, Ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence" (Acts 1:5). Thus there was to be a twofold action: empowerment, and baptism. The promise of His coming as made by the Lord when the apostles were assembled at passover: "I will pray to the Father and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever" (John 14:16).

These conditions were exclusively related to Israel. "When the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind ... and there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them" (Acts 2:1-3). They were filled with the Holy Ghost, they spoke in other (unknown) tongues.

In this present dispensation our relationship to the Holy Spirit is entirely different. The apostle Paul explains, "That we should be to the praise of His glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed (or, upon believing), ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise (Ephesians 1: 12,13). "Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you" (I Corinthians 6:19)? "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free" (I Corinthians 12:13). 

God is looking for those with whom He can do the impossible -
 what a pity that we plan only the things that we can do by ourselves. -- A. W. Tozer 

O Lord, the strength of my life, 
forgive me for relying upon myself
 and for looking to worldly resources.
 I want to place all of my trust in Jesus,
 the treasure who lives within me.
 May all glory be unto Him,
 in His mighty name, Amen.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next