World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:22 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:19 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» My Manna
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:05 pm by Admin

» Pastor Francis Frangipane
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 9:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 8:11 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 6:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 4:04 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 1:20 pm by Admin

» THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm by Admin

» Share your Jokes smiles here
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 8:12 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 1:09 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:33 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin on Sat 23 May 2015, 8:44 pm

FULNESS OF JOY
  by C. R. Stam

About 3,000 years ago David wrote in Psalm 16:11: "...In Thy presence is fulness of joy...."  He was right, for there is no greater joy than personal fellowship with God.  Yet David could not know the fulness of joy now spoken of in Paul's epistles, for he did not know Christ, who later came into the world as God, manifested in the flesh, to die for our sins.  He did not know that Christ would make full satisfaction for sin and be raised from the dead to confirm our justification. Nor did David know that believers would be given Christ's resurrection life, and a position, and "all spiritual blessings IN THE HEAVENLIES in Christ" (Eph.2:4-6; 1:3).

When Paul wrote that God has called believers "unto the fellowship of His Son", he referred to a spiritual, heavenly fellowship, far more intimate and precious than any previously enjoyed by mortal man. This fellowship is to be enjoyed by faith, but it is faith based on fact, the fact that Christ indeed died our death and rose again from the dead that we might partake of His life and enjoy a position at God's right hand in Christ. This is why the Apostle Paul urges believers of this dispensation of grace to "seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God" (Col.3:1).
Peter and John both came to know much of this fellowship through Paul, who was sent to Jerusalem "by revelation" to make known to the leaders there "THAT GOSPEL WHICH I PREACH AMONG THE GENTILES" (See Galatians 2:2-9; II Peter 3:15-18). This is why John writes in I John 1:3,4: "Truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son, Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, THAT YOUR JOY MAY BE FULL".  

Life is a gift... 
Live it... 
Enjoy it... 
Celebrate it... 
And fulfill it..
 Our Purpose and Mission
The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says. 

Message  "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material   "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method   "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission   "To Make All See"  Eph. 3:9

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13. 
We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 Empty Re: GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE

Post  Admin on Fri 22 May 2015, 10:33 pm

UNSEARCHABLE RICHES 
By Pastor Joel Finck

Scripture Reading: Ephesians 3:8 

As the Apostle Paul traveled on his missionary journeys, his procedure was to go fist into the synagogue of the Jews and reason with them out of the Scriptures, "Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ" (Acts 17:3). When the noble Bereans heard Paul's preaching, they "searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so" (Acts 17:11). Of course, these were the Old Testament Scriptures, for the New Testament was not yet written at that time.

However, God was in the process of giving further revelation to Paul, and these new truths could not be traced back to the Old Testament. This is why Paul calls them "the unsearchable riches of Christ" (Eph. 3:8). The word "unsearchable" is a hunting term meaning, "unable to be tracked or traced." This describes the nature of the great mystery revealed to Paul for the Gentiles. It was hidden from ages and generations (Col. 1:26; Eph. 3:5), but now has been made known for all to see in the epistles of Paul.

What are these unsearchable riches? They are too numerous to mention in this short article, but they include the catching away (rapture) of the Body of Christ (I Cor. 15:51), the joining of Jew and Gentile in one body (Eph. 3:6), the unique Gentile program of God during the time of Israel's blindness (Rom. 11:25) and many more blessed truths. These things were simply not revealed in the Hebrew Scriptures; search and see. But thank God they are now made known to the saints! 

When we take time to read God's Word, Our heart is filled with pleasure; So let's relate the truth we've heard- With others share the treasure. 

Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging Christians to believe what God says. 

We read in in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 21 May 2015, 10:50 pm

AVOID AMBUSH 
BY Miles Stanford 

"I find therefore the law of my nature to be that when I desire to do what is right, evil is lying in ambush for me" (Rom. 7:21, Wey.). 

Struggle in yourself, and be trapped; rest in Him, and be free! 

"Many Christians keep themselves in a perpetual foment through hoping they will get into a situation where they can enjoy a better (and easier) Christian life. They feel enclosed in a net of circumstances from which they cannot escape. They are so wearied and baffled and beaten by the continuous pressure about them that they wish and itch for things to be different, quite sure that if they were only different Christ would be more real. It has not dawned upon them that at the heart of these very circumstances they are to find the Lord Jesus, find His grace sufficient, find the life more abundant." -L.E.M. 

"You might be secretly attempting to correct and improve yourself, and suffering a good deal of private vexation and disappointment on account of the futility of your struggles. It was at a moment when I was utterly discouraged, and ready to give up the whole thing in complete despair, that the Father showed me how I was attempting to work upon the old material which He could only condemn, and had, and that my disgust and despair as to myself were only a feeble echo of His. 

"My Father was not looking for any good in me, and had the Lord Jesus Christ before Him, the perfect and infinitely acceptable Object of His heart. And I, in my nothingness, had ceased to look for good in myself, and began tasting the deep joy of being in Christ, and free to have Him as my Object; while as to life, I entered in some degree into the blessedness of knowing that it was 'not I, but Christ liveth in me.'" -C.A.C. 

"For to me to live is Christ" (Phil 1:21). 

O Holy Father, I humbly admit that I have frequently been so foolish as to think that I could produce more godliness in me through my own best efforts. Lord, I see that I need Your Spirit as much for spiritual growth as I did previously for spiritual birth. As I seek You through prayer and Your word, please take me on with You in growth and sanctification by the work of Your Holy Spirit, through Christ, I pray, Amen.

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one. The Word of God is so needed in our troubled USA.  We are loosing a great many of our privileges the founding fathers of our great county have protected us by the Constitution of America, there is no country in the world as great as America. Let's stand up and take back our roots, VOTE YOUR GOD GIVEN PRIVILEGE.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET 

FAITH AND SIGHT
By Pastor P. Hume

Where would we be without that wonderful gift of eyesight? How paramount is this sense in our unique physical make-up. Yet there are many in life who have either lost the sight of one or both eyes, or who were born blind. The power of what goes through the eyegate is greater than most of us realize. Therefore we need, as believers in Christ, to guard what we look at. For like Achan of old (who 'saw', then 'coveted', and finally 'took' of the forbidden goods in Jericho), we can be built up or broken down by what we chose to look upon (not merely 'see').

But the Word of God refers us to another 'eyegate' -- that of the heart. (I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened. (Ephesians 1:18a, New American Standard Bible) 'Open my eyes, that I may behold wonderful things from thy law.' (Psalm 119:18, N.A.S.) 'So our eyes look to the Lord our God.' (Psalm 123:2, N.A.S.) Then the writer to the Hebrews, in concluding his great 'Hall of Faith' chapter,gave this timely word of exhortation:

'Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith .... '(Hebrews 12:1-2a, N.A.S.)

Several truths could be commented on here, but one we want to lift out and emphasize: ' ... fixing our eyes on Jesus ..... ' Certainly this cannot mean to look physically upon 'Jesus' or a picture of Him. This is the 'sight of the heart', or to put it as Dr. A.W. Tozer so uniquely expressed, 'the gaze of the soul upon a saving God.'

Is this not true faith which God gives to those who are His? Faith is not only 'the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen.' (Heb. 11:1, lit.), but it is a posture of the redeemed soul. It is turning one's heart and mind unto 'Him who ever liveth'. It is comprehending our lovely, all-sufficient Savior-God through His written Word of Truth. It is to 'acknowledge Him' in all our ways. (Prov. 3:6)

'For we walk by faith, not by sight (or appearance)' (II Cor. 5:7; Does what we have written contradict this divine declaration? Not at all. For faith is the sight of the redeemed heart. How is your internal eyesight today? Or do you have 20-20 vision? Or do you need the sight that only He who can open the eyes of the blind can impart? God grant us a 'seeing faith'.
Grace, Peace and Love  

Lord Jesus, what an amazing path You walked — from humble servanthood to a heavenly throne. What a grand exaltation will be Yours forever. What an astounding joy to know that I will join You in that exaltation,serving You eternally. Lord, I humble myself before You anew. Make me Your faithful servant now while I await the glorious privilege that is coming, Amen.

Our Purpose and Mission

"But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ." Eph.2:13. 

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him,and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13"Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 19 May 2015, 9:56 pm

~NOW NO CONDEMNATION~
By M. Stanford

"Ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ, that ye should be married to another, even to Him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God" (Rom. 7:4).

Romans Six reveals our position as having died unto the principle of sin; Romans Seven teaches us our position as having died unto the principle of law. Both must be counted upon if we are to abide in Christ, and walk in the Spirit, as set forth in Romans Eight.

"We have to look at ourselves and see how far we are devotedly following the Lord Jesus, with full purpose of heart - how we can say, 'This one thing I do'; but we must take care at the same time not to get into legal bondage by this standard. If I say, 'Here is a rule of conduct: follow it,' this cannot reach the heart, the affections. The ministration of the letter brings only failure, and condemnation; for it prescribes a rule which man, being a sinner, can never follow. It does not change a man; it proves him 'ungodly and without strength.'

"We may turn even Christ into that letter of condemnation; we may take His life, for instance. and make it our law. Nay, we may turn even the love of Christ into our law; we may say, 'He has loved me, and done all this for me, and I ought to love Him, and do so much for Him, in return for this love,' etc. Thus if we turn His love into a rule of life, it becomes the ministration of condemnation."

"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage" (Gal. 5:1).

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 May 2015, 6:19 pm

HOPE IN CHRIST
By Pastor D. Bekemeyer

Scripture Reading: I Corinthians 15:19

It has been said, "Even if there was nothing beyond this life, I would have no regrets that I lived for the Lord Jesus." While such a statement may sound noble, it can only be made with disregard for our text which says, "If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable." Please notice two things concerning the truth of this verse.

First, notice that we do have hope in Christ during this life. But on what is our hope based? Evidence that demands a verdict? Archeological discoveries? Personal experience? No! Our hope is based on what God's Word says about Christ. In this life, we walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) and with our eyes of faith, we look on that which is not seen (2 Corinthians 4:17). Because of this, we know that our lives have purpose and meaning. We run with certainty and we fight successfully (I Cor. 9:26).

Second, notice that we do have hope in Christ beyond this life. What if we suddenly realized that there is nothing beyond what we now have? Everything would change. As believers in Christ, our plight would be the most miserable of all who are in the world. Our belief would be in vain, our labor unrewarded and our eternal destiny insecure. After death, anything could happen.

Our hope depends on the Lord Jesus Christ being all that He claims to be. Praise God, we need not doubt that!

"We can either choose to grovel in our own self-pity
or rejoice
in whatever state we may find ourselves."

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 May 2015, 10:56 pm

SPIRITUAL PROSPERITY 
By Miles Stanford

"That you may be filled with a clear knowledge of His will accompanied by thorough wisdom and discernment in spiritual things" (Col. 1:9, Wey.). 

Service does not come first; neither does life! The proper sequence for the believer is death to the old, from which emerges newness of life and fruitful service. 

"It is a sad thing when service interferes with soul-prosperity. It is possible to be so engrossed with service that one's meditations are colored by it, one's prayers are full of it, and the Word of God becomes simply a quarry out of which material for sermons can be dug up. This is a serious loss to the soul and many are thereby hindered from making spiritual progress. 

"Very often new believers who have not even peace with God are encouraged to take up service, and they become so occupied with what they are doing that they are not at leisure to learn or to take their place in the favor of the Father. Hence, so long as the service prospers, and they get on pretty well with it, they are happy. The service is their life! But when there is no success, and the whole thing seems to be a failure, their joy collapses. They have to discover how little they have really got, and in many cases to find that they are perfect strangers to the liberty and joy of acceptance." -CA.C. 

"There must be a profound and genuine experience of Divine things; a cultivation of the highest possibilities of godliness if the witness is to be really effective and fruitful. There must be a man behind the message - a saint behind the service. There must be the nameless effectiveness that comes from true fellowship with the Father." -A.T.P. 

"So that your lives may be worthy of the Lord and perfectly pleasing to Him while you manifest the results of right action of every sort and grow into a fuller knowledge of God" (Col. 1:10, Wey.). 

The cross that ended the earthly life of Jesus 
now puts an end to the sinner;
 and the power that raised Christ from 
the dead now raises him to a new life along with Christ. 

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one's who maybe defending the USA,  the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

Our Purpose and Mission

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 13 May 2015, 9:31 pm

THE BOOK OF ROMANS = DOCTRINAL TREATISE

In TIME PAST God made a covenant with Abram/Abraham that with his seed after him shall all the earth be blessed. And, AT THAT TIME salvation was going forth on the basis of that Abrahamic covenant. That is, that through the nation of Israel salvation and God’s blessing was to go out to the world. There was no other way THEN. In that prophetic program the nation of Israel was to be the single channel for God.
In the very beginning of the book of Acts Jesus’ disciples expressed great concern to Jesus by asking Him …
Ac 1:6b KJV: “… Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?”
That was the HOPE of the world THEN.
But, by the end of the book of Acts the nation of Israel was diminished; they were finished. The Jews were set aside. Any Bible reader paying attention, when they come to the end of the book of Acts, should scratch their head wondering, “WHAT NOW?” If the channel of God’s blessing is gone, how will salvation be dispensed?
Of course, today we know that Romans through Philemon tells us exactly how!
Three times apostle Paul clearly announces God’s change in His program: Acts 13:44-46; Acts 18:5-6; Acts 28:28 KJV … these are the three distinct steps where God’s blessings are officially withdrawn from the nation of Israel, to begin “the times of the Gentiles.” Israel rejected the Kingdom—they stopped up their ears and wouldn’t hear it—therefore God’s prophetic program was interrupted and put on hold simply because the nation of Israel was no longer willing to go along with God’s plan. So, God sends salvation to the Gentiles despite it, thus Israel was no longer to be God’s channel.
Of course, God was the only Person that KNEW all that was going to happen. That’s why the Bible says “the MYSTERY, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God”. God knew all along that the Jews would reject the Kingdom. And, the details of this “mystery” God explained to our apostle Paul to give to us, so we could understand its meaning.
The book of ROMANS explains the whole problem created in the book of Acts. The reason the book of Romans is FIRST is because it lays the whole DOCTRINAL basis for the faith for the Body of Christ, which is the second part of God’s two-fold plan to someday rectify the current rebellion that is happening in heaven and on earth.
Basics of God’s two-fold plan:
Earthly agent = Israel/Jews = prophetic program
Heavenly agent = Body of Christ = mystery program
And, no, God is NOT finished with the nation of Israel yet. God will be further dealing with them in the future. BUT NOW God is building the Body of Christ one member at a time, by grace through faith.
The book of Romans is a DOCTRINAL TREATISE on the issue of SALVATION.
The THEME of the book of Romans can be found in Romans 1:16-7, KJV, which fully clarifies that justification is by faith alone.
With the book of Romans Paul adds the CAPSTONE to progressive revelation. Paul is given information about the Cross that no one else ever knew. Progressively God revealed more and more about the Cross. Sure, people in time past knew about the Cross, but it wasn’t until Paul that the completion of that revelation was made known. Paul was given the last installment of progressive revelation, which we have today as preserved in Romans through Philemon, KJV.
Read (penned by apostle Paul): 1Thes 2:14-16, Ro 3:32; Col 1:25-26; 1Ti 1:11; Ro 15:16a; Ga 1:11-12; Tit 1:3; 2Ti 1:11, KJV.
By LeighAnn Mycko

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 May 2015, 9:40 pm

WHY IS HEAVEN SILENT?
Part One of Two
by John D. LaVier

After the tragic event of September 11th a few years ago, we often hear the question "Where Was God?" or "Why did God allow this to happen?" The believer knows that God is still on His eternal throne, that He is sovereign, and nothing happens apart from His direct or permissive will, but for a season He has with-drawn from this earthly scene. He does indeed work on behalf
of His own, and otherwise as well, but He acts covertly and His action seen only with the eye of faith. Bloody wars take place among the nations, thousands perish from famine, flood, earth- quake and storm, but no voice or action is heard from above. In one of Sir Robert Anderson's books the opening words are: "A silent heaven is the greatest mystery of our existence."

What is the answer to this mystery? For two thousand years the heavens have been silent and this is strange when we compare it with Old Testament times. God was then dealing with the Hebrew nation and they saw marvelous displays of His person and power. He brought them out of slavery, making a path through the sea, and for forty years He fed them and led them and brought them into the land of promise with mighty victories over all their foes. Isaiah saw the Lord; Daniel fell at His feet; angels walked to and fro in the land; God fought for His people; heaven was not silent.

When Israel is enjoying the favor of God the heavens are open, but when Israel is in disfavor with God the heavens are silent. Between the two testaments, when Israel was being judged for their sins, there was a period of time which is often referred to as "the four hundred silent years." God spoke His last word through Malachi and then 400 years of silence. This silence was finally broken by the appearance of the angel Gabriel to  Zacharias announcing the birth of John the Baptist. Then Gabriel spoke to Mary, telling her of that Holy One which should be born of her, even the Son of God. Later the angel of the Lord appeared to the shepherds announcing the birth of the Christ-child and from the opened heavens they heard the heavenly host praising God.

Heaven was not silent during the earthly ministry of Christ when He was presenting Himself to Israel as their Messiah nor was heaven silent after His resurrection and on into the Acts period, when Israel was given opportunity to repent. There were miracles, wonders, signs, angelic visitation, jail deliverances, sudden judgments, etc. The heavens were not silent. However, Acts 28:28 marks a great change. Israel no longer stands as a nation before God. They are set aside for a reason and a season. The reason was their rejection of Christ both in His incarnation and in His resurrection. The season is this present dispensation of the mystery.

Should this Inspirational be a blessing and encouragement to you, why not send to a friend, coworker or, to your loved one who maybe defending the USA the Word of God is so needed in our troubled world.  It is our heart at GRACE AND THE TRUTH and mission to reach as many people as we possibly can TO SHARE with them the Word of God and all that the Lord Jesus Christ has done for members of the body of Christ.  

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, 
which from the beginning of the world 
hath been hid in God,
who created all things by Jesus Christ

Truth can't be judged on the basis of popularity.   

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 May 2015, 9:07 pm

lNTERNAL PRIORITY 
By Miles Stanford

"Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Col. 1 :27). 

Beware! The world, both secular and religious, is seeking to destroy your individuality by conforming you to the mass of faceless ones. But our heritage and destiny in the Lord Jesus Christ is to be conformed to His image - not at the loss of our individual personality, but by the gain of His nature and character. "I in you"; "Christ liveth in me" (John 15:4; Gal. 2:20).

"Something has got to be done in us as well as for us. We want to proceed on the line of having things done for us, heaven intervening for us, our difficulties removed for us, having a straight path made for us. Heaven may be ready to come in, the Lord may be prepared to work for us, but it is not sufficient for Him - and it would not prove good enough for us - if that were all. The very principle of spiritual growth and maturity demands that He keep the objective and the subjective balanced; that is, that something is done in us as well as for us." - T.A.S.

"We are apt to think that if and when the circumstances and conditions of our lives are changed and we are in another position than the one we now occupy, then something will happen, the purpose of God will begin to be fulfilled. But the Lord says, 'No, it is not circumstances, not conditions, at all; it is you.' "

"Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Phil. 1:6). 

THOUGHT FOR THE WEEK

If God didn't have a purpose for us,
we wouldn't be here.

Our Purpose and Mission

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:" 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

If God be For Us
By John LaVier

In the 8th chapter of Romans we reach the climax of this wonderful book, and verse 31 seems to be the capstone of this great chapter. Here we read: "What shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?"

"What shall we say to these things?" What things? Why, all the things that have preceded in the book of Romans. To review but a few of "these things" we discover that we who by nature were guilty sinners, have now been justified freely by God's grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. We have been justified by faith alone without the deeds of the law. We have righteousness without works. We have peace with God. We have been identified with Christ in His death and resurrection. We are not under the law but under grace. We are without condemnation in Christ. We have the Holy Spirit, and He bears witness with our spirits that we are the children of God, and if children, then heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ. We are waiting for the manifestation of the sons of God, and no suffering of the present is worth comparing with the glory that shall then be ours. Then we will be conformed to the image of God's Son. And even now God is causing all things to work together for our good, we who love Him and are called according to His purpose. "What shall we say then to these things?" About the only thing we can say, is "Glory to God! Hallelujah!"

Now notice the last half of this verse: "If God be for us, who can be against us?"

Oh beloved, may this truth come to you with unction and with freshness. God is for us. How convincingly and conclusively He has proved it. He could not have done more, for in verse 32 we read: "He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things." And that greatest of all gifts is the pledge of every gift that God can give us with His Son. May this great truth bring encouragement to us as we realize anew that He, the Everlasting God, is for us. Not just for a day, or a season, but for eternity, for we read in the verses that close this wonderful chapter that no power within or without, in earth, hell, or heaven, will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. He is eternally committed to our cause.

We should now be prepared for Romans 12. Chapters 9, 10, and 11 of Romans are parenthetical and dispensational, and so we can jump right from Romans 8 to Romans 12, where we read in the opening verses: "I beseech you therefore, brethren by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

In Romans 8 God is saying, "I am for you." In chapter 12 He is saying, "Now I want you to be for Me." In chapter 8 He is saying, "I delivered up My Son for you." In chapter 12 He is saying, "Now I want you to deliver up your body to Me." God made a great sacrifice for us when He gave His Son. Now He desires that we present ourselves to Him as living sacrifices. Such a sacrifice is acceptable to God, and when we make it we prove that His will is acceptable to us, as well as good and perfect.

May we all be impressed by these two things. The Revelation in chapter 8 and the Response in chapter 12. If God is for us, then we must be for Him.

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 May 2015, 8:37 pm

Sufficiency of Christ
Part 2 of 3
By Gregg Bing

When the Lord Jesus Christ came into the world, the majority of the Jews were offended at Him and His teaching. He exposed their sin (John 15:22), and in response, they rejected and crucified the One who came to be their Savior; the One who came "to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10). Thus, Jesus Christ, God's only Son, shed His own precious blood as a sacrifice and payment for the sins of the whole world. Through the "offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all," the sins of all men could not just be covered, but taken away completely (Heb. 10:5-14). The Lord Jesus Christ, thus, became "the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes" (Rom. 10:4).

Nevertheless, many today are just like the Jews of Paul's day, seeking to become righteous and pleasing in God's sight through their own good works. This is exactly what Satan wants men to think; it is "the lie" that blinds men to the truth of the gospel (2 Cor. 4:4) and keeps them from trusting in Christ as Savior.

Paul warns of this false teaching of legalism in Colossians, chapter 2. He begins by warning of those whom Satan uses to deceive men using "persuasive words" (Col. 2:4). There are many eloquent speakers who present themselves as servants of God, but who are actually ministers of Satan (2 Cor. 11:13-15). Though they have a "form of godliness," they "deny the power thereof" (2 Tim. 3:5). Paul admonishes believers not to be carried away with "philosophy and empty deceit," with the "tradition of men," and with the "rudiments (basic principles) of the world;" things which are not "according to (in accordance with) Christ" (Col. 2:8). The ideas, traditions, and teachings of men must always be tested against the truth of Christ, truth which is found in God's Word. This wonderful truth is summarized in these two central verses:

"For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily; and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." (Col. 2:9-10)

Because He is very God who was "made flesh and dwelt among us," Christ's finished work on Calvary is sufficient to make us "complete in Him." When we trust in Christ as Savior, believing He died for our sins and rose again (1 Cor. 15:3-4), we have complete salvation, complete forgiveness of our sins. The word "complete" literally means "filled full" so that nothing needs to be added.

In Paul's letter to the Colossians, he responded to the false teachers who contended there were things that must be added to Christ before a person could be saved.

"In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses." (Col. 2:11-13)

The Judaizers insisted that men must be physically circumcised to be saved; Paul declares that in Christ we are circumcised with "the circumcision made without hands." This spiritual circumcision is more than just cutting off the flesh; it results in "putting of the body of the sins of the flesh," freeing us from slavery to the flesh, our old sin nature.

Our Purpose and Mission

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

Sufficiency of Christ
Part 3 of 3
By Gregg Bing

There are many today who believe that while circumcision was necessary for salvation back in Paul's time, that today this has been replaced by the rite of water baptism. Paul refutes this idea in verse 12, as he describes how we are "buried with Him (Christ) in baptism" and "raised with Him through faith in the working of God." Just as the circumcision of verse 11 was spiritual, so the baptism of verse 12 is spiritual as well. It is not accomplished by men's hands, but by "the working of God," specifically the baptism of the Holy Spirit that places us in Christ when we believe in Him as Savior (1 Cor. 12:13).

Having been identified "with Christ" in His death, burial and resurrection, we are "made alive together with Him," and forgiven of all our sins and trespasses, something the law could not do (Rom. 8:2a).

This is why, when Christ came and paid the penalty for our sins, He freed us "from the law of sin and death" (Rom. 8:2b). He "wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross" (Col. 2:14). The requirements of the Law were "wiped out" or obliterated completely; they were "taken out of the way," permanently; they were "nailed to the cross," in finality. Christ was triumphant, not only over the Law, but over all principalities and powers, including those of Satan (Heb. 2:14).

The conclusion of all this, as Paul says, is: "Let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or Sabbaths" (Col. 2:16). All of these things are parts of the Mosaic Law, and while they served a purpose when Israel was under the Law, they are not imposed by God upon men today. The Law, with all its commandments, judgments, and ordinances, was only "a shadow of things to come;" the "substance," the "body", the "reality" of what the Law only pictured, is provided in Christ. The writer to the Hebrews put it this way:

"For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with these same sacrifices, which they offer continually year by year, make those who approach perfect." (Heb. 10:1)

Perfection and completeness of what the Law merely pictured is found in Christ and His once for all offering for our sins (Heb. 10:14). Now that Christ has come and completed the work of redemption, there is no longer a need for the Law. Now that we have the substance, why would we continue to cling to the shadow? But that is exactly what we still hear being preached and taught today—that men must "do" something; that they must adhere to some type of legal or religious system in order to please God and be saved. Beware of such false teaching, teaching which is not found in God's Word, but in the philosophies and traditions of men.

Let us, instead, rest and rejoice in the fact that salvation is by grace through faith (Eph. 2:8-9); that Christ and His finished work of redemption is sufficient to "save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him" (Heb. 7:25).

Our Purpose and Mission

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 May 2015, 3:42 pm

THE MYSTERY OF CHRIST
  by Russell S. Miller

In I Corinthians 2:6-8 the Apostle Paul declares that his gospel, and the finished work of Christ, was hid from the Roman authorities as well as the scribes and Pharisees in Israel. It was hid from the Twelve Apostles, and most mysterious was it to the angels; and even the devil couldn't figure it out:

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet NOT the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to naught: But we speak the wisdom of God in a Mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would NOT have CRUCIFIED the Lord of glory. (I Cor.2:6-8).

It is the preaching of the cross in Paul's Gospel alone that is good news today (I Cor.1:18). This wisdom of God was also HIDDEN in a Mystery and ordained before the world began unto our glory, as Paul goes on in Ephesians to declare:

How that by revelation He made known unto me the Mystery (as I wrote afore in few words,

Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the Mystery of Christ)

Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is NOW revealed unto His holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit... (Eph. 3:3-6).

To be sure, the Gentiles are fellowheirs, and of a joint-body and joint-partakers of His promise in the Christ  and, Yes, we are baptized by one Spirit into the one Body of Christ (I Cor.12:13), but, mark well, that both Jews and Gentiles are MADE NIGH by the BLOOD of Christ (Eph.2:13).

But, the Apostle Paul declares that his gospel is a secret hitherto NOT made known (Eph.3:5), ...HID IN GOD (3:9), HID FROM AGES AND FROM GENERATIONS, but NOW is made manifest... (Col.1:26). Does the Apostle therefore contradict himself?

It is, of course, blessedly true that where the Body of Christ is concerned, and this dispensation of grace, the Mystery is NOT found in the Old Testament. But where the Lord Jesus Christ is concerned it is even more blessedly true that all the types and shadows of the Mosaic sacrificial system (Heb.10:1-4) mysteriously pointed forward to Christ and Calvary's cross:

IN WHOM WE HAVE REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS, ACCORDING TO THE RICHES OF HIS GRACE. (Eph.1:7).

The fellowship of the Mystery, in Ephesians 3:9, includes the Church, which is the Body of Christ, while the Mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19) speaks of the Lord Jesus Christ, Himself, and His finished work of redemption. And He is the Head of the Body, the Church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He might have the preeminence (Col. 1:18). It is these two aspects of this great Mystery that even the devil did not know.

Paul does not contradict himself. Could anything be clearer than The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans with regards to the finished work of Christ! Paul declares that the GRACE of God in Calvary's cross is first revealed to him, in all that God promised (Rom.1:1-4), and in all that God kept secret (Eph.3:1-9), concerning the Lord Jesus Christ (Gal.1:15,16). This is why God raised up the Apostle Paul to reveal the blood stained cross of Christ and His finished work on Calvary:

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for His name (Romans 1:5).

Our Purpose and Mission

OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

In our last issue we examined the superiority of the person of Jesus Christ, looking at Paul's warning to the Colossians about false teachers who denied the deity of Christ. These false teachers also denied the sufficiency of Christ's finished work of redemption, insisting that righteousness must be attained by keeping the Law, a teaching commonly referred to as legalism. 

Sufficiency of Christ
Part 1 of 3
By Pastor Gregg Bing

Legalism is not related specifically to the Mosaic Law; legalism is simply man trying to deal with his sins and obtain the favor of God through the works of his own hands, something that began, not with the Mosaic Law, but in the Garden of Eden. After Adam and Eve disobeyed God, "the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings" (Gen. 3:7). They became conscious of their sin and were filled with shame and guilt, so Adam and Eve, working with their own hands, sewed fig leaves together to cover their nakedness and shame. However, when they "heard the sound of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day," their guilt remained, so they "hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God among the trees of the garden" (Gen. 3:8). God Himself provided a proper covering for their nakedness and sin, using tunics of skin to clothe them (Gen. 3:21), demonstrating that sins can only be dealt with through the shedding of blood (Heb. 9:22).

Later, Adam and Eve's children, Cain and Abel, brought offerings to the Lord for their sins. Abel, a shepherd, brought of the firstborn of his flock; Cain, a farmer, brought of the fruit of the ground. God respected Abel's offering because he offered it by faith, hearing God's command to offer a blood sacrifice and obeying. Cain heard the same command, but he chose, instead, to offer the work of his own hands which he took from the ground (both of which were cursed because of sin), an offering which could never please God (Rom. 8:8).

God, who is holy and righteous, required that mankind's sins must be paid for through the blood of an innocent, sinless sacrifice, a sacrifice that God would supply through His own Son. God chose to bring His Son, Jesus Christ, into the world through the nation of Israel. In order to preserve His purpose through Israel, God placed them under the Mosaic Law. The Law was to serve as a tutor, a strict schoolmaster to discipline and correct Israel, to keep them holy until Christ was born (Gal. 3:24-25).

The Law was not given to save Israel from their sins. It is evident that "no one is justified by the law in the sight of God," for "the just shall live by faith," and "the law is not of faith" but of works (Gal. 3:11-12). The Law was given "that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God," for "by the law is the knowledge of sin" (Rom. 3:19-20). This is why God made provision in the Law to atone for (cover) the people's sins through the tabernacle, the priesthood, and the various sacrifices.

The Law declared the holy and righteous standard of God, a standard which all fall short of (Rom. 3:23). The problem is not with the Law; the Law is "holy and just and good" (Rom. 7:12). The Law could not make anyone righteous because of the weakness of the flesh (Rom. 8:2), "for as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them" (Gal. 3:10). No one could keep all the Law perfectly, thus, all were concluded to be "under sin" (Gal. 3:21-22). Even the Law's provision for sin was insufficient. The animal sacrifices, which were offered continually year after year, could never "make those who approach perfect" (Heb. 10:1). It was simply "not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins" (Heb. 10:4). All these sacrifices could do was atone for, or cover, the people's sins each year.

The Jews of that first century never understood the real purpose of the Law. They assumed the Law was a means of making them righteous in God's eyes. Paul described their futile efforts in Romans 10:1-4.

"Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is that they may be saved. For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (Rom. 10:1-4)

These verses give us a good definition of legalism: "Seeking to establish their own righteousness," or, literally, "Seeking to establish a righteousness of themselves." The Pharisees believed they were "blameless" concerning "the righteousness which is in the law" (Phil. 3:6), and this is what they taught the people. The majority of these Jews were depending on their own religious works to save them, just like Cain.

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 04 May 2015, 9:37 pm

GOD'S TRANSFORMING GRACE 
By Pastor Robert Roosendaal

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, right and godly in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:12, 13).

The religious world in the realm of Christendom is blinded to salvation by grace. The cults are unanimous in its rejection. Within the ranks of fundamentalism and evangelicalism much confusion remains. In the latter group there is further confusion relative to what effect this has in the believer's walk. Paul answers this in verse 14- "Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto Himself a peculiar people zealous of good works."

Let us learn how effective God's grace can he in the home: God's grace will create love to replace the sting of bitterness. A beautiful obedience to God's Word will terminate disobedience, and the miracle of harmony will prevail over disharmony. The grace of thoughtfulness will touch the heart and dispel indifference. Divine hope will triumph over the pain of hopelessness. The preeminence of Christ will blossom forth---no longer will Christ be ignored. Prayerfulness will certainly be victorious over prayerlessness. Unselfishness now enters in to bless the home and to dispose the shame of selfishness. The parents learn to excel in spiritual positives, avoiding the folly of nagging negatives. The hearts of lovers now offer praise to God and for each other to wipe out the depression of murmuring. Contentment will bring glory to God for His goodness. Our Wonderful Lord is the giver of rest and refreshment for those in turmoil, the restlessness and fatigue that afflict so many. God is willing to direct us in attaining meaningful goals to replace the aimlessness and indirection that makes life so dull. Emerging from a life of wandering and confusion, Christ will thrill our hearts with eternal joy. The loveliness of Christ will shine with glorious beauty while the lackluster of sin with its attractions, will fade away. God's grace can do all that and much more. 

Christ is our life (see Acts 17:28; Galatians 2:20; Philippians 1:21; Colossians 3:4). To become obsessed with anything other than Him is idolatry, even if that other obsession is religious rules. Perhaps the greatest danger in the American church is that we have lost our focus on Jesus Christ and have been focusing more on "Christian values;' which is merely morality by another name. 

Our Purpose and Mission

We read in in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

Christ In Us 
 by Pastor C. R. Stam

It has been well said that if there is anything good in any man it is because it was put there by God. And something good— a new nature — has been imparted by God to every true believer in Christ.

While there is still within us “that which is begotten of the flesh,” there is also “that which is begotten of the Spirit,” and just as the one “cannot please God,” so the other always pleases Him.

Adam was originally created in the image and likeness of God, but he fell into sin and later “begat a son in his own likeness, after his image” (Gen. 5:3). It could not be otherwise. Fallen Adam could generate and beget only fallen, sinful offspring, whom even the law could not change. But “what the law could not do, in that it was weak[because of] the flesh, God, sending His own Son, in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,” accomplished, “that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit” (Rom. 8:3,4).

As Adam was made in the likeness of God, but fell, so Christ was made in the likeness of sinful flesh — though without sin — to redeem us from the fall, that by grace, through the operation of the Spirit, a new creation might be brought into being, “the new man which after God,is created in righteousness and true holiness” (Eph. 4:24).

Thus in addition to our fallen Adamic nature true believers, through faith, have also become “partakers of the divine nature” (Ii Pet. 1:4). This is the “inner man” of which Paul speaks in Eph.3:16, and this “inner man” delights to do God’s will(Rom. 7:22).

The Adamic nature, which Scripture calls “the flesh,” is that which was generated by a fallen begetter. It is sinful in itself, even in the believer. It cannot be improved or changed. But “that which is born [or begotten] of God” always pleases Him. It was begotten by the Spirit of God Himself. This is why our Lord said to Nicodemus:

“That which is born of the flesh is flesh; that which is born of the Spirit is spirit….

Our Purpose and Mission

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we [him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;  To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.   Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.  For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 03 May 2015, 7:07 pm

The law is given by God and it is a very good thing, but it has no 
place in the life of the Christian.

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

Col 2:14 God wiped out the charges that were against us for 
disobeying the Law of Moses. He took them away and nailed them to the cross.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of 
commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain 
one new man, [so] making peace;

1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but 
for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for 
unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, 
for man slayers,

Posted by: "PARIS" gracenthetruth

The key to peace is not the absence of problems and 
conflicts but the presence of God. To enjoy peace we have to 
actively trust Him. Peace also requires a decision. It is knowing 
God is there!

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God 
through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Col 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the 
which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Eph 2:14 For he is our peace........

“Never give up on God because He never gives up on you.” – Woodrow Kroll

SCRIPTURES FOR TODAY

Psa 138:8 You, LORD, will always treat me with kindness. Your love 
never fails. You have made us what we are. Don't give up on us now!

Isa 50:7 But the LORD God keeps me from being disgraced. So I refuse to 
give up, because I know God will never let me down.

2Co 4:1 God has been kind enough to trust us with this work. That's why 
we never give up.(CEV)

2Ti 3:11 persecutions, sufferings. ......... what persecutions I 
endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.(ASV)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 02 May 2015, 11:35 pm

God's Gifts To His Church 
by Pastor Paul M. Sadler
Scripture Reading:

“And He gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry.”
– Ephesians 4:11-13

Paul warns us about those who, whether wittingly or unwittingly, would spread unsound doctrine among us. We are living in a time when some of the brethren seem to deem it important to find something new. Of course, it is not our intent to discourage anyone in regard to exercising the “Berean spirit.” However, care should be taken not to undermine the foundation upon which our faith rests. We do well to remember that the “Doctrinal Statement” our forefathers forged for us was a product of intense debate with the denominational leaders of their day. Each plank of the statement was carefully crafted as a defense and confirmation of the Fundamentals of the faith and Paul’s gospel. Therefore, let us not be too quick to challenge those things which are “tried and true.”

At this late hour, there are those who tell us that the “gifts” of evangelists, pastors and teachers or pastor-teachers are no longer in operation today. Some have even g   one as far to say that the enabling “gifts” have also passed. This flies in the face of our “    Doctrinal Statement,” which has served us well for over fifty years. It states:

“The gifts necessary for the ministry of the Body of Christ are those enumerated in Eph. 4:7-16. Of these, only the gifts of evangelists and pastor-teachers are in operation today. All the sign gifts of the Acts period, such as tongues, prophecy and healing (I Cor. 12:1-31), being temporary in character, have ceased (I Cor. 13:8-11).”

Here in Ephesians, one of Paul’s later epistles, the apostle sets the tone for the course of this dispensation. Clearly, the context of this portion concerns itself with the gifts God has given to His Church. It is true that the gifts of “apostles” and “prophets” passed with the completion of the Word of God (I Cor. 13:8-13 cf. Col. 1:25). Once the Word of God was dispensed, these two offices and the gifted men who held them were nonessential. We now have something far better, the written revelation that they handed down to us, which is to be obeyed in matters of faith and practice.

There is no indication, whatsoever, that the gifts of evangelists, pastors and teachers have ever been withdrawn. In fact, Paul plainly states their purpose: “For the perfecting [maturing] of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying [building up] of the Body of Christ.” And how long shall this continue? “Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge [Gr. epignosis -- full knowledge] of the Son of God” (Eph. 4:13).

Surely, it could not be said there has ever been a period in Church history, past or present, that the “unity of the faith” has been attained, much less a “full knowledge” of the Son of God. But this is exactly what we are being asked to believe; that is, the unity of the faith has been attained. Perhaps, we should put this to the Berean test.

Creation: Some believe God created all things in six literal twenty- four hour days. Others teach the “ruin and reconstruction theory” that God created, destroyed and re-created. This is commonly called the “gap theory” which places millions or billions of years between the original creation and the re-creation.

Redemption: The battle has raged for centuries over whether Christ died for the sins of all mankind or merely for the sins of the elect. Which do you believe?

Things to Come: It is well known there are those who believe the events covered in the Book of Revelation are entirely futuristic. Many would challenge this assertion as absurd. They teach that the early chapters of the Apocalypse describe the various stages of Church history up to the present “Laodicean” age. If we agree that there are two camps of interpretation on any Biblical subject, then we have yet to come into the unity of the faith.

There is not one scintilla of evidence that the “unity of the faith” has ever been attained by all. Even in Paul’s day, the saints were wielding the sword of the Spirit against one another (II Tim. 1:15 cf. 2:17-19). In addition, we must inquire: Has the Church come to a full knowledge of the Son of God? That is, of His person, work and present heavenly ministry. We shall answer this question with a question: Has the Church, which is His Body, acknowledged the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the Mystery?

The “unity of the faith” and a “full knowledge” of Christ is a goal set before us that will never be fully attained until the Rapture. Thus, the responsibility of Gods gifts to His Church is to proclaim the whole counsel of God in light of the Pauline epistles. Why? that the saints might be established in the faith!

There is also an experiential side to this truth as well. When God called me into the ministry nearly thirty years ago, it was definitive. Other pastors have testified of similar experiences, which confirms that the “gifts and callings of God are without repentance” (Rom. 11:29). Beware of those who would rob you of this precious truth!

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

THE FOLLY OF WORLDLY WISDOM
  by C. R. Stam

Has not the world made great progress, intellectually, since Paul's day? Is this not evident on every hand? Of course! For one thing, our physicists have taught us how to kill each other much faster now. Moscow, London or Washington could be wiped out in a few minutes, and this is a considerable saving in time!

And think what has been accomplished in the field of electronics! We can now keep intelligent people glued to their TV sets for hours on end, their eyes riveted to shows which are often unwholesome, but sometimes at least entertaining and occasionally even informative. And think of the many time-saving devices in our homes! We are all saving so much time that we cannot even be hospitable to each other and our mental institutions are over-crowded with patients who have collapsed from enjoying all this leisure time.

Then consider our achievements in transportation! Our thorough fares are crowded with automobiles whose drivers are getting jangled nerves in traffic jams and choking in the deadly carbon monoxide fumes, or else racing at high speeds, which is great fun until suddenly some object looms up ahead as if from nowhere. And the airplane! This is really something! We can now fly through the air with so much noise and commotion that innocent people for miles around our larger airports are kept awake nights. Of course, the minority should be willing to suffer cheerfully for the majority and it is important that great numbers of people get places fast, fast, fast.

But all this is nothing compared with what is going on in outer space. We now have all sorts of things orbiting around out there -- and it's not all debris. It includes some very sensitive instruments, serving us faithfully from day to day. Indeed, men from our earth have actually landed on the moon and have brought some of its rocks and dust back with them. Soon, maybe, we will have people from beautiful New England, or the breath-taking Rockies, or the lovely shores of Oregon, living on its barren wastes. Wonderful prospect! And we can always get the necessary billions from the taxpayers.

But the best of it is that while we have aspired to reach the moon, and even Mars, we've got a Great Society going on earth; a Society whose wild pagan music has all but replaced the beautiful melodies and harmonies of the classics, and whose twisted "art" reflects the bewildered confusion of our times; a Society in which children and young people are corrupted, women are robbed and raped, and men, women and children are murdered in the streets. Oh, it's wonderful! The young people demonstrating a tour universities for the right to use filthy language if they want to, and demanding a greater voice in running our institutions of learning; the minority groups marching to protest their various grievances, the rioting and blood shed, the burning and looting! And meantime, ever so quietly,our most sophisticated mob syndicates are running fine motels and other business organizations -- and pouring a never-increasing flow of narcotics, pornographic literature, etc., into our enlightened community, judges and juries doing what they can to favor the criminals and, should any of them land behind prison bars, the parole boards are there to help get them released as soon as possible, so that our happy society may benefit from their experience and our mental and penal institutions may be further enlarged. Surely we've never had it so good.

Thanks be to God for the truth of Gal. 1:4: 

"[Christ] gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world 
[or, "age"] according to the will of God and our Father."

Our Purpose and Mission

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:24 pm

Superiority of Christ
Part 2 0f 2
By Gregg Bing

In Him All Things Created

Jesus Christ is the One by (in) whom "all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him" (Col. 1:16-17a). The word "all" means exactly that. Because He is God, everything that was created was created by (in) Christ. Who else but God has the wisdom and power to do so? John said of Him, "All things were made through Him, and without (apart from) Him nothing was made that was made" (John 1:3). These verses are devastating to the blasphemous idea that Christ Himself was a created being. That is why the Jehovah's Witnesses, in their perversion of the Scriptures, add an extra word to Colossians 1:16 so that it reads: "For by him all [other] things were created." The word "other" is not found in any Greek text. Christ is "the Firstborn over all creation" because all things were created in Him (sphere), through Him (agency) and for Him (purpose).

He is Before All Things

Jesus Christ is "before all things" (Col. 1:17b). Being the eternal Word, Christ is before all things as to time. In the beginning, when the universe came into being, Christ already existed (John 1:1-2). Being Almighty God, the Creator of all things, and thus the "Firstborn," Christ is before all things as to position and authority.

In Him All Things Consist

Not only did Jesus Christ create all things, bringing them into existence out of nothing, He is also the One by (in) whom "all things consist (hold together)" (Col. 1:17c). Hebrews 1:3 says that Christ, "being the brightness of God's glory and the express image of His person" upholds "all things by the word of His power."

Head of the Body, the Church

Just as Jesus Christ is over all the created universe, He is over the new creation as well, being "the Head of the Body, the Church (Col. 1:18a). After His death on Calvary, God raised Christ from the dead, exalted Him to His own right hand, "far above" all authority and rule and every name that is named, and gave Him to be "the Head over all things to the Church" (Eph. 1:21-23).

He is the Beginning

Jesus Christ is Head over the Church, because "He is the beginning" (Col. 1:18b). The word "beginning" is from the Greek word "arche" which speaks of that which holds the highest position. For example, Michael is called the archangel. "Beginning" carries the ideas of both originator and ruler. Christ says of Himself: "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End" (Rev. 1:8). He is the beginning of life, not just physical life, but spiritual life as well, for "in Him was life" (John 1:4).

Firstborn From the Dead

Jesus Christ is not only the "firstborn over all creation," "He is the firstborn from the dead" (Col. 1:18c). Jesus was not the first man to be raised from the dead, but He is the first to be raised unto eternal life, never to die again. Christ's resurrection ensures resurrection and eternal life to all who will trust in Him as Savior. Paul assures us of this truth from the negative standpoint in 1 Corinthians 15:17-18: "And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins! Then also those who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished;" Then from a positive standpoint in 1 Corinthians 15:20-23: "But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming." Christ is, therefore, both "the Author and Finisher of our faith," having endured the cross for our sins and being raised from the dead (Heb. 12:2). He is our risen and glorious Savior and Head.

That He May Be Preeminent

Jesus Christ, simply because of who He is, is to "have the preeminence (first place)" in all things (Col. 1:18d), for He truly is superior to all things. He is the eternal God; He is the Creator and Sustainer of all things; He is the Firstborn from the dead; He is the Alpha and Omega; He is the Head over all things to the Church, His Body. "In Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" and, because of this fact, those who trust in Christ as Savior are "complete in Him" (Col. 2:9-10). How important it is to acknowledge the superiority of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and to give Him the preeminence in our hearts and lives.

Our Purpose and Mission

LIBERTY FOR ALL
By Miles Stanford 

"If ye died with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, do ye subject yourselves to ordinances?" (Col. 2:20, R.v.). 

When it comes to spiritual growth and walk, any help from ourselves is a hindrance to us. The source is wrong. On the death side, we are to receive deliverance from sin's power through the Spirit from the Cross; on the life side, we are to receive growth through the Spirit from the Lord Jesus. It is a matter of receiving, not contributing. We are branches, not vines.

"The old elementary legal rudiments of a legal age are for those 'living in the world' (having an earthly temple and worship). Believers are seated in the heavenlies in Christ, and are spiritual people with a sanctuary in Heaven. 'Touch not,' 'taste not,' 'handle not'; such commandments of men have no value. They perish with the using.

"'Voluntary humility,' 'neglecting of the body,' 'fasting,' etc., have a show of wisdom. They gratify religious pride and self righteousness, they 'puff up the fleshly mind,' but they are 'not of any value against the indulgence of the flesh.' The flesh is not subdued by fasting, nor pride by whipping, nor worldliness by neglect of the body. These are of 'no avail' though men glory in them. Only the Holy Spirit brings one into liberty - and that via the Cross. 'The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death' (Rom. 8:2)."Â  -G.G.

"Stand fast, then, in the freedom which Christ has given us, and turn not back again to entangle yourselves in the yoke of bondage" (Gal. 5:1, Cony.). 

Don't trust to hold God's hand; 
let Him hold yours.
 Let Him do the holding, 
and you the trusting. 
-- Hammer William Webb-Peploe 

Our Purpose and Mission

We read in Ephesians. 1:18 "The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints," and in Colossians 2:2 " That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgment (epignosis) true knowledge of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ".

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Apr 2015, 8:47 pm

Superiority of Christ
Part 1 of 2
By Pastor  Gregg Bing

Paul's letter to the Colossians was written to correct false teaching which was prevalent in his day and which continues to lead people away from the truth even today. The Colossians were being exposed to a combination of ideas from gnosticism, legalism, and asceticism. These false teachers denied basic truths about Jesus Christ which are critical to our salvation. For instance, they denied the superiority of Jesus Christ, refusing to acknowledge His deity and relegating Him to the position of a created being. Paul addresses this issue in the opening chapter of Colossians.

Image of the Invisible God

Jesus Christ is declared to be "the image of the invisible God" (Col. 1:15a). The word "image" is translated from the Greek word "eikon" from which we get our English word "icon." It is used of an image, a figure, or a likeness. Jesus Christ, however, is not just "like" God or "similar" to God, He is an exact representation or manifestation of God. John refers to Him as the eternal "Word" (Greek "logos") who, in the beginning, existed "with God" and who existed "God" (John 1:1-2). This Word then became flesh and dwelt among us, allowing us to behold the glory of God (John 1:14). Jesus Christ, in His incarnation, "declared God" to men enabling them to see the invisible God (John 1:18). This is what Jesus meant when He said to His disciples, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father" (John 14:9). The writer of the book of Hebrews described Jesus as "the express image of His (God's) person" (Heb. 1:3), an exact reproduction of the person, substance, essence, and being of God.

Firstborn Over All Creation

Jesus Christ is described as "the firstborn over all creation" (Col. 1:15b). Cults such as the Jehovah's Witnesses use this statement to try and prove the inferiority of Jesus Christ to God the Father. They claim this statement implies that Christ was the first creation of God. A careful analysis of this passage, in its context, shows that these assumptions are absolutely false.

The word "firstborn" is not the same as the idea of "first created." What does "firstborn" mean? The underlying Greek word is "prototokos" which literally means "first born," and is found eight times in the New Testament. It is used three times for a firstborn son in a family: two times of Jesus as the firstborn of Mary and once of the firstborn sons killed in Egypt at the first Passover. The other five times "firstborn" is used, they speak of Christ, but with a different emphasis.

In Hebrew culture, the firstborn son was in a position of prominence over the children who were born after him and was given special privileges as his birthright. These privileges included a double portion of the inheritance, spiritual headship over the family, and the father's blessing which officially recognized the firstborn's position and authority over the rest of the children. However, firstborn privileges were not always given to the physically firstborn son. Jacob was chosen of God over his older brother, Esau, to have both the birthright and the blessing of his father, Isaac. God would later say of Jacob (whose name was changed to Israel), "Israel is My son, My firstborn" (Exo. 4:22). Similarly, Ephraim was blessed above his brother, Manasseh. Though Manasseh was Joseph's oldest son, God referred to Ephraim as "My firstborn" (Jer. 31:9). In the 89th Psalm, God speaks of anointing "My servant David" (verse 20) and making him "My firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth" (verse 27). Though David was the youngest of Jesse's sons, God made David the firstborn giving him the authority and privileges of this position. While this passage does refer to David, the son of Jesse, it also seems to point beyond him to the greater Son of David, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, as God's Firstborn, will one day reign as King over all the earth (Psalm 89:27-29).

When Christ is called "the firstborn over all creation" it does not have anything to do with Him being born of or created by God the Father. It simply means that He holds the position of authority and blessing over all created things. Why does He hold this prominence over all creation?

Our Purpose and Mission

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 Apr 2015, 6:52 pm

"Yet Not I, But ..."
By John LaVier

Twice the Apostle Paul uses this phrase, "Yet not I, but ". In his epistle to the Galatians he wrote:

"I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." (Gal. 2:20)

This testimony of the great apostle belongs to all who have been saved and made members of the Body of Christ, and identified with Him "who was delivered for our offences and raised again for our justification." Each one can say, "I was crucified with Christ." This is clearly brought out in Romans 6:3-4:

"Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death? Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into His death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life."

This applies to every believer, and the baptism mentioned has not one drop of water connected with it.

When Christ died on the cross He not only died for our sins, but we died with Him. His death was our death. His resurrection our resurrection, and now His life is our life. We reckon ourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God, and by faith we can say, "I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me." This great truth is expressed in a separated life, a surrendered life, a life lived in the faith of the Son of God.

Once more Paul used "Yet not I, but ..." when he wrote to the Corinthians:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am; and the grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." (1 Cor. 15: 10)

He had mentioned himself as a witness of Christ risen from among the dead. He saw the Lord, and his whole life was changed. He was as one born out of due season, a type of Israel's regeneration yet future, when "They shall look on Him whom they pierced." That great vision on the road to Damascus made of Paul not only a believer in the Deity and Messiahship of the Lord Jesus Christ, but he became the faithful servant of the Lord. It made him humble. Though he was by the will of God the great Apostle to the Gentiles, the one to whom was made known the truth of the mystery and to whom was given an abundance of revelations, yet he called himself "the least of the apostles" and "less that the least of all saints." He boasted that he had labored more abundantly than the other apostles, but he added, "Yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." He ascribed it all, not to himself, but to the grace of God.

These two expressions, "yet not I, but Christ" and "yet not I, but the grace of God," describe the entire ministry of Paul. Two things he magnified and glorified, extolled and exalted: Christ, and the grace of God. In all things, in all his messages and personal testimony, an exaltation of Christ and complete effacement of self are the great leading marks. He made his boast in Christ. He magnified Him and the grace of God which had been bestowed upon him.

How little of this self-effacement we see today. How many exalt themselves, boast of their attainments, their service, their ministry, their converts, instead of glorying in an all-sufficient Savior and the all-sufficient grace of God. The "Soli Deo Gloria," to God alone be the glory, is often forgotten. May the Lord help all of us in all our service for Him, of whatever nature it may be, to magnify Christ and the grace of God and to seek His glory only.

GraceNTheTruth@ COX.NET~OUR ASSURANCES UNDER GRACE - Page 11 Download?mid=2%5f0%5f0%5f1%5f75533%5fAJNUimIAABOKVT5w3QsMIDPdfME&m=YaDownload&pid=2

Our Purpose and Mission

Message  "CHRIST" Rom. 16:25, Col. 1:28
Material   "All Scripture, 2 Tim. 3:16, 17
Method   "Rightly Dividing The Word of Truth, 2 Tim. 2:15
Mission   "To Make All See"  Eph. 3:9

We are wiling to help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

Would you like to help this ministry? Consider trying to get one other person to subscribe to the GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL.  This worldwide ministry asks for no funds and is sent to glorify our precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, AND TO HELP YOU TO GROW IN GRACE AND KNOWLEDGE. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 11:25 pm

Reflections on Ephesians 
            by Pastor C. R. Stam

There is no epistle in which we find more about the grace of God than that great and wonderful epistle of Paul to the Ephesians! It is one of his prison epistles and, interestingly enough, he was actually and literally in jail for telling a secret, the secret of the mystery (Eph. 6:19,20). Evidently he had a great deal of opposition in trying to make this secret known. That’s rather unusual, isn’t it?

The Ephesian epistle was probably written about 64 A.D., and was evidently sent by the hand of a man named Tychicus (6:21,22), along with two other letters, one to the Colossians (Col. 4:7-9), and that to Philemon (Col. 4:7-9 cf. Phile. 10-12). Never, never were more valuable documents entrusted to human hands!

Now, in the earlier epistles of Paul, we learn a great deal about dispensational change and development, but in Ephesians we have arrived,and find ourselves on the highest, broadest spiritual ground. Here the Holy Spirit reveals to us, in all their fullness, those blessed truths which distinguish this dispensation from others.

For example, the mystery or the sacred secret is here revealed in all its fullness. He says that this secret is now made known(1:9) through him (3:1-3), but it is for all to see (3:9), for it concerns our close relationship to Christ (5:30,32). And since Satan will oppose the proclamation of this secret, boldness is needed to proclaim it(6:19,20).

In this epistle, the one Body of Christ, the Church of this dispensation, is emphasized throughout. The whole body, he says, is the fulness, the complement, the fulness of Christ (1:23). He says God is making one new man today (2:15), reconciling Jews and Gentiles to Himself in one body (2:16), a joint body (3:6), in which we are to keep the unity of the Spirit (4:3,4). The Body, he says, must grow up, and it must build itself up in love (4:11-16). Christ is the Head of the Body, and its Savior (5:23), and we are the members (5:30).How close that brings all believers to each other! How close it brings us to Christ!

Our position in the heavenlies is prominently brought out in this epistle. We read that, immediately upon conversion, we are blessed with all spiritual blessings in the heavenlies (1:3). We’re told that God’s power in raising Christ from the dead and exalting Him far above all is now extended to us-ward who believe (1:19-21). Positionally, he says, we’ve already been raised from the dead and seated in the heavenlies (2:6). Now,he says, it is ours to occupy this position by faith, as a witness to the principalities and powers in the heavenlies (3:10). Hence we must wrestle with the rulers of the darkness of this age, wicked spirits in the heavenlies (6:12). And for this, he says, we’re going to need the whole armor of God (6:10,11).

In this epistle, all is grace. Read Ephesians and see how it is permeated with grace. Even the salutation speaks of grace and peace (1:2). Compare that with what we read about the second coming of Christ to this earth, where He will come to judge and make war(Rev. 19:11). Grace and peace is the exact opposite of judgment and war! Thank God He hasn’t declared war yet. He hasn’t visited this world in judgment yet. He still offers to sinners everywhere,and to saints, of course, in greater measure, grace and peace.

Now the doxology—oh, what a doxology of grace! The doxology in the Ephesian epistle is the longest of all of Paul’s doxologies, and in the original it is his longest sentence. We’re blessed because we are chosen by God the Father to the praise of His glory (1:4-6).We’re made accepted in the Son to the praise of His glory.We’re sealed by the Spirit to the praise of His glory. Glory to the triune God! Glory for His grace!

We read individual things, too, about the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All throughout this epistle, everything emanates from the Father. The Father is always the source. The Father has chosen us (1:3,4)according to the good pleasure of His will (v. 5), according to the riches of His grace (vv. 6,7), according to His good pleasure (v. 9), according to the purpose of Him who worketh all things after the counsel of His own will(v. 11), according to the working of His mighty power (v. 19), and according to His eternal purpose (3:11). There’s more about that in the epistle, showing that everything finds its source in the will of God.

Then we see how our salvation centers in the Son. He’s always the second person in the Trinity. His place is always in the midst. We read,for example, that we’re blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ(1:3), and have redemption through His blood (v. 7), in whom we are greatly enriched (v. 11), in whom also we are saved (v. 13), and sealed (v. 13). Think of that! We are in Christ, and because of His finished work, the believer is sealed until the day of redemption.

Then we come to the Spirit. It all comes down to us through, or by the operation of, the Spirit. We’re sealed by the Spirit (1:13), and we have access to God the Father by the Spirit (2:18). We are an habitation of God through the Spirit (2:22), and we’re strengthened by the Spirit (3:16).We must not grieve the Spirit (4:30), but rather bear the fruit of the Spirit (5:9). We must be filled with the Spirit (5:18), use the sword of the Spirit (6:17), and we must pray in the Spirit (6:18).

What a tremendous, tremendous epistle!

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 25 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

CONTROLLED BY TRADITIONS INSTEAD OF THE BIBLE 
PART 1 of 2
By E. R. Campbell 

As we approach this subject we need to define the manner in which we are using the words traditions and Bible. Traditions are the religious teachings, doctrines, practices, and customs handed down by various religious groups, particularly, by denominations within the sphere of Christianity. We are using the term Bible with reference to its Truth for the Body of Christ, the Church, God's program for this present age of Grace. 

Even though the minds of the faculty members at Canyonview Bible Seminary may have in the past, to a greater or lesser degree, been colored and controlled by various affiliations, this is not true in the Canyonview classroom. We are all unanimously agreed that the Bible, the Truth given to the Church must control our thinking and teaching. The final court of appeal is the Greek text, its literal-intended-meaning, and regardless of position or age, we adhere to what the Greek grammar says. What all men may say is evaluated in the light of the Word for the Church, and accepted or rejected on the basis of this test. Who the person is, his academic standing, his degrees, position, popularity, etc., do not insure Biblical accuracy. Canyonview teachers are selected on the basis of their ability to exegete the truth from the Greek text, on the basis of their desire to be controlled by the Holy Spirit.

Now and then we have students come to Canyonview Bible Seminary who think they know it all. They are those who have consciously or unconsciously put themselves in little traditional - sectarian boxes, and in this limited space, they think that they have arrived. As they peer out of' the tiny peek holes in their traditional boxes, instead of relishing in the vast panoramic view of the Word of God for the Body, "the deep things of God" (1 Cor. 2:10), all they see is their humanly conceived, legalistic doctrines and practices which give them a sense of psychological security. If friends try to expand their little boxes, or suggest that they need to enlarge their peek holes so as to more clearly see the Word of God, some will brace themselves against any change lest they loose their sense of traditionally handed-down security. I am baffled why any little box person comes to Canyonview Bible Seminary unless he wants to escape into the freedom of the marvelous Grace of God! 

Granted, the above picture of the traditional box people is pessimistic, but in real life it is true. The vast majority will never leave the security they find in their traditional doctrines, customs, and religious practices. They will never personally examine the Bible to see whether their traditional teachings align with the Gospel revealed unto the Apostle Paul (Gal. 1:12; Eph. 3:2-9). They will blindly adhere to their religious traditions instead of the literal-intended-meaning of the Word for the Church.

On the other hand, there is a minority who become dissatisfied with the dregs of religious traditions. They want more than a Bible, the meaning of which is controlled by traditional precepts, they want an untrammeled Bible free to communicate God's Word to them. Many of us can remember the days when our thinking was hemmed in by sectarian traditions, a time when new truth was dawning upon our minds, but we did not dare share it with our associates lest we incur their wrath. Several of you may still find yourself in this position, new glimpses of truth flash across your mind, but instantaneously you recognize that they are inconsistent with the traditional position of the group with which you are affiliated and you squelch them. To allow our traditional views to hamper obedience to the Word of God is comparable to making it null and void (Matt. 15:6).

Now let us look at some examples in the New Testament of how individuals were controlled by their traditions rather than the message of God. On his first missionary journey, at Antioch of Pisidia, Paul proclaimed God's Word to those assembled in the synagogue (Acts 13:16-41). After this first message many responded positively, they wanted to hear more (Acts 13:42-43). On the following Sabbath almost all the city came together to hear Paul speak the Word of the Lord. This massive crowd that came to hear Paul was too much for the Jewish leaders. A chord of jealousy was struck in their hearts and they spoke against and blasphemed the Word of the Lord via Paul (Acts 13:45-46). These Jews recognized that God's message of Grace was a threat to their smug, traditionally bound synagogue, and jealous for their traditional method of operation, they rejected the truth for the Church, the Body of Christ.

May we be found faithful in prayer, faithful in reading the Bible, and
faithful in sharing  the faith with others.

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

CONTROLLED BY TRADITIONS INSTEAD OF THE BIBLE 
PART 2 of 2
By E. R. Campbell 

Next, let us join Paul and his party at Thessalonica. For three Sabbaths he reasoned with them in the synagogue, placing before them the fact that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ predicted in the Old Testament (Acts 17:2-3). Again we observe, the tradition-bound Jewish leaders jealously protected their handed-down religious teachings and customs, hire rabble-rousers to stir up a tumult, and forced Paul to leave the city (Acts 17:5-9). In both Antioch and Thessalonica, jealousy played an important role in keeping the religious leaders under the control of their traditions, and also motivated them to keep others under the same control, by blaspheming the Gospel and preventing others from hearing it.

On the other hand, the Lord does have a minority who are interested in His Word of Grace for today, This was true at Antioch, for Luke says, "and as many believed as had been ordained unto eternal life" (Acts 13:48). At Philippi, as Paul spoke to a few women by a river, Luke says, "And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God, she listened, whose heart the Lord opened to give heed to the things spoken by Paul" (Acts 16:14). Likewise, after Paul had spoken at Thessalonica, Luke says, "And certain ones out of them were persuaded and they were joined to Paul and Silas, of the devout Greeks a considerable multitude and of the chief women not a few" (Acts 17:4). In each of these instances it appears that God was sovereignly working behind the scene, causing those chosen in Christ (Eph. 1:4) to respond to His Word - to believe.

Now we come to the big issue - what is involved in switching from being controlled by traditions to being controlled by the Bible? First, granting that many under religious, traditional control do not even know the Lord, such as in liberal, humanistic, and sacramental churches, two things are necessary: (1) we must teach them the Gospel of the Grace of God (Acts 20:24); and (2) God must sovereignly give them faith to believe the Gospel (Rom. 10:17). Apart from the prevenient Grace of God producing moral suasion in them, they will never forsake their false traditional security and switch to the freedom of the Gospel of Grace (Gal. 5:1).

Second, granting that many are in groups, the traditions of which control their approach to the Bible, determine what it teaches, and super-impose human concepts on it (Gal. 1:8-9), how can they be helped to come to a place of being controlled by only the Bible? We recognize that those in this category cover a wide gamut - those who have minimum traditions which allow them to be primarily controlled by the Truth given to the Church (Phil. 4:8); as well as those who are engulfed in traditions, which in actual practice are a more important than the Word of God. In this situation, where we have group traditions controlling what is emphasized in the Bible, we basically have a problem of lack of knowledge and ignorance of the Bible's message for the Church today. This problem is not going to be cured by attacking the various traditions, but by graciously teaching the literal-intended-meaning of Truth written to the New Testament churches, verse-by-verse and epistle-by-epistle. 

We at Canyonview Bible Seminary have one supreme purpose to train men and women to teach the literal-intended-meaning of the Word of God in an expositional verse-by-verse manner. All graduates who go forth from CBS are able to competently teach directly from the Greek New Testament. Furthermore, they are qualified to teach New Testament Greek to others, that they in turn may accurately teach the Truth for the Church to their generation. Again, let me emphasize, we advocate verse-by-verse expositional teaching of the Books of the Bible because this approach keeps the teacher under the control of the Word better than any other method (1 Tim. 4:6,11, 13; 2 Tim. 2:2).

It is our desire that all men, regardless of their affiliations, may increasingly gravitate toward one focal point to be controlled by the Word of God given to the Church over which Jesus Christ is the Head (Col. 1:25-28)  

THOUGHT FOR  THIS WEEK 

Christ's death on the cross included a sacrifice for all our sins, past, present, and future. Every sin that you will ever commit has already been paid for. All of our sins were future when Christ died two thousand years ago. There is no sin that you will ever commit that has not already been included in Christ's death. 
Erwin W. Lutzer 

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 5:01 pm

THE GOSPEL OF GOD
  by Russell S. Miller

This phrase, the gospel of God, found seven times in the New Testament, is mainly used by the Apostle Paul (Rom.1:1; 15:16; Ii Cor.11:7; I Thes.2:2,8,9), though it is also found in I Peter 4:17. But the Apostle Paul says that the gospel of God was promised afore by His prophets in the Holy Scriptures. So the question, What is this gospel of God, is worthy of our inquiry and finds its answer in the fact that God has always had good news for Adam and his sinful, sorry, helpless sons and daughters in whatever the prophets and Moses did say should come. And this is now revealed in the Pauline revelation:

That Christ should suffer, and that He should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles? (Acts 26:22,23).

This is why Paul tells us in Galatians 1:16 that God's Son is revealed IN him, NOT in the prophets, and this is confirmed in I Peter 1:12. Paul's gospel is therefore the revelation of Jesus Christ? in all that God had promised and in all that God kept secret regarding the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

It is, of course, blessedly true where the Lord Jesus Christ is concerned that all the types and shadows of the Mosaic sacrificial system (Heb.10:1-4) mysteriously pointed forward to Christ and Calvary's cross. Thus we can see the importance of I Corinthians 15:3,4:

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES.

Here Paul incorporates that which God had promised afore with that which he had received and delivered to the Corinthians, and to us. And this he calls the gospel which I preached unto you? (I Cor.1:1-3). Isn't this the very key that unlocks our understanding here? It was not CONTRARY to the Scriptures that Christ died for our sins, but rather it is in ACCORDANCE with the Scriptures.

IN WHOM WE HAVE REDEMPTION THROUGH HIS BLOOD, THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS, ACCORDING TO THE RICHES OF HIS GRACE (Eph.1:7).

Now it becomes clear that the saints of old were not saved on the basis of the Mosaic Law. Rather their atonement awaited the merits of Christ's propitiatory sacrifice on Calvary's cross as revealed though Paul:

NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD HE ENTERED IN ONCE INTO THE HOLY PLACE, HAVING OBTAINED ETERNAL REDEMPTION FOR US? (Heb.9:12).

BUT THIS MAN, AFTER HE HAD OFFERED ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOR EVER, SAT DOWN ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD (Heb.10:12).

It is faith in the blood of Christ that saves us today. No longer does the Mosaic Law, or water baptism, nor Peter's call to repentance in Acts 2:38, have any merit, but faith alone in the Lord Jesus Christ:

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Even the righteousness of God which is BY [FAITHFULNESS] OF JESUS CHRIST unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference? (Rom.3:21,22).

And who, but the Apostle Paul, could write more appropriately concerning God's Son Jesus Christ our Lord and the Good News that awaits believers!

Being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in His blood, to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time His righteousness: that He might be just, and the Justifier of him which believeth in Jesus (Rom.3:24-26).

Our Purpose and Mission

We are wiling o help you on this journey just give us a call,  1 623 546 8866, Paris

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 7:08 pm

God's Sovereignty In  Soteriology
Part 3 of 3
by Pastor  E. R. Campbell  

HOW ARE MEN SAVED ACCORDING TO THE GOSPEL OF GRACE?

God's salvation-purpose operates according to election. In Romans 8:28-30, Paul explains to those who are called some details regarding God's purpose in salvation. First, He foreknows the persons He is going to save. Second, He predestines them. Third, He calls them. Fourth, He justifies them. Fifth, He glorifies them. If sinners were left to themselves not a single one would be saved, but according to His love and mercy, God is calling out a people for His Name (Rom. 9:11-16, 23; Acts' 13:48; Eph. 1:4-5, 11; 1 Thess. 1:4; 2 Tim. 1:9; 2:10).

God's purpose in saving men is based on love and mercy. Love prompted God to give up His Son to death, that we might have eternal life (John 3:16; 15: 13; Gal. 2:20; 1 John 4: 10). God's great love for us is expressed in His mercy toward us (Eph. 2:4; Rom. 9: 15-16, 23; 1 Tim. 1:13, 16; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:3). The love and mercy of God, which have provided a Savior, are the basis for our salvation.

The Cross makes it possible for God to save men. God the Father set forth Jesus Christ the Son as a propitiation to point out His righteousness "unto the end that He might be just and the one justifying a person out of the faithfulness of Christ Jesus." The God of the moral universe, which He Himself created, is bound by the integrity of His own person. The wages of sin is death (Rom. 6:23; 5:12, 21; 1 Cor. 15:56; 1 John 5: 16). The only way God could forgive sin, and maintain His just status, was for the sinless Person of Jesus Christ to die as a substitute for sin (2 Cor. 5:21).

Salvation is received through the exercise of Divinely-given faith. Ephesians 4:8-9 says, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not out of you, it is the gift of God; not out of works, that no one might boast." The statement, "this is not out of you," refers to both the grace and the faith by which we are saved. The two ingredients essential for salvation, grace and faith, are a joint gift of God. God sovereignly gives faith to those whom He has chosen in Christ; as a gift it belongs to them, and the Holy Spirit enables them to exercise it in the Savior, Jesus Christ (Eph. 1:4, 15; Titus 3:5-6). If we ourselves generate the faith by which we think that we are saved, we are actually involved in a kind of grace/works salvation.

GOOD WORKS NATURALLY FOLLOW SALVATION

Having declared that salvation is a gift of God, and not out of works, Paul adds: "For we are His doing, having been created in Christ Jesus on the basis of good works, which God previously prepared, that we should walk in them (Eph. 2: 10). The reason God has saved us by grace through faith, and has made us new creatures in Christ, is on the basis of good works, i.e., that our lifestyle might be based on good works.

It is important to observe that God prepared and appointed beforehand these good works. The best way to learn what the good works are, for us who are members of the Body of Christ, is by systematically studying the New Testament epistles in a verse by verse manner. The more we bathe our minds and hearts in the Truth in these epistles, two things will take place, we will come to better know and love the Person of Jesus Christ, and as a result, we will more fervently fulfill His good works. To know Him through the Word of God is to love Him and obey Him in accordance with what the Word, not man, says (John 17:17).

These are days when religious humanism is fiercely attacking the Gospel of God's Grace. It is a time when we need to be awake, alert and obedient to the Word of God, and "fight the good fight of the faith" (1 Tim. 6:12)

Other works by
E. R. Campbell include:
Commentaries:
Galatians Colossians/Philemon First Timothy
Second Timothy Ephesians
Romans Vol. 1 Romans Vol. 2
(fall of '88) First Corinthians (fall of '89)
For a complete catalog of Dr. Campbell's publications and tapes, please write to:
Canyon view Press 12730 Finlay Rd. NE Silverton, OR 9738  (503) 873-8296
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 22 Apr 2015, 3:50 pm

Part 2 of 3

WHY DO THEY CONFUSE GRACE AND WORKS?

First, because they do not distinguish between what is said in the Mosaic Law, the Synoptic Gospels, and the Book of James from what is said in the other New Testament epistles, the core of which are the Pauline Epistles (Rom. 10:5; Matt. 19:16-17; Acts 16:31).

Second, they do not acknowledge the totally depraved condition of men, spiritually dead. That which is dead is insensible, unresponsive and lifeless, incapable of even. the slightest movement toward God. Failure to recognize this deadness, and consequently harbor the thought that a sinner can do something to save himself, naturally leads to a grace/works position (Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2: 1; Col. 2:13).

Third, they confuse grace and works because they do not believe what God has said in His Word, namely, that HE initiates and perfects our salvation. God chose us in Christ unto salvation before the creation of the world (Eph. 1:4). God has taken the initiative in foreknowing, predestining, calling and justifying us apart from works (Rom. 8:29-30). God's purpose in saving us is according to His elective good will, and as His elect, we are the objects of His mercy (Rom. 9:11,16,23). What God does is perfect. We should not offend Him by adding our menial works!

Fourth, they confuse grace and works because they do not understand that God is the one who makes us alive in Christ, apart from human interaction. John says, "And this is the testimony, that God gave to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. The one having the Son has life" (1 John 5:11-12). Paul says that "While we were dead in trespasses God made us alive together with Christ" (Eph. 2:5). According to Colossians 3:3, our "life has been hidden with Christ in God." We who have been sovereignly identified with Christ have life in Him apart from works.

Fifth, they confuse grace and works because they do not recognize that human responsibility is a consequence and not a part of salvation. When God sovereignly puts us in Christ, we are participants of His wisdom, righteousness, sanctification and redemption. As a consequence and result of what we are in Christ, we are to be the same in our daily living. Paul says that we who have been freed from sin are to have our fruit unto sanctification and moral purity (Rom. 6:22). Believers, who are light, are to have fruit "in all goodness and righteousness and truth" (Eph. 5:9). Salvation precedes and results in a God-pleasing lifestyle.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm

Part 1 of 3

How God Saves Men

It appears that the Devil is working overtime in these last days to destroy the Truth of the Gospel of God's Grace.

First, he is viciously attacking the inerrancy and infallibility of the Bible. To this we have responded with an article: THE BIBLE IS THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD. This first appeared in Canyon view Bible Expositors, volume 11, number 1-2. This will be published in booklet form.

Second, the Devil is subtly attacking the Biblical fact that we believers have two natures. He is using individuals in so-called evangelical and fundamental circles to promote this erroneous teaching. Our response to this has been an article entitled: TWO NATURES and TRUE BIBLICAL SPIRITUALITY. This is now available in booklet form.

Third, the Devil is attacking the key issue of the Reformation, salvation by Grace apart from works. We recognize that many evangelicals and fundamentalists have been hazy on this issue, and have never fully grasped Martin Luther's position, but we are shocked by the way it is being promoted today. Our response is to write this article in defense of the Biblical fact that salvation is by Grace, and as such, works contribute nothing to it (Rom. 11:6).

According to our information, the majority of those who hold this faith/works position, and who consider themselves evangelicals or fundamentalists, would say that they believe that salvation is by grace through faith. At the same time, however, they affirm that faith is inseparable from overt works.

In our judgment the following statements accurately portray their position. First, works must coexist with faith as essential for salvation. Second, faith is dead unless works are an integral part of it. They fail to recognize the legal setting of James (Acts 21:17-24; Gal. 2:12; 4:21-25). Third, they emphasize that faith in Jesus Christ as Savior cannot be disjoined from obedience to Him as Lord; i.e., if He is Savior, He is also Lord. This means that both faith and obedience are necessary ingredients for salvation.

It appears to us that the general position these people hold speaks so loud that it refutes their claim that salvation is by grace. If our salvation relationship with God is by grace, why do we have to add anything to it, unless it is because we feel that it is inadequate? At best, these people certainly present a confusing message to sinners. It seems to me that the average sinner, after listening to them, would conclude that salvation is by grace plus works. This adds up to a very serious distortion of the Gospel of Grace - a life and death issue!

Those who hold this position are commonly referred to as believing in Lordship Salvation. Identifying them according to their teaching, a fitting designation would be grace/works people.

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 19 Apr 2015, 9:53 pm

God Is For Me
By Steve McVey

“God is for me.” Can you make that statement with a deep sense of certainty? He is, you know. When things are going the way you want, God is for you. When life seems to be falling apart, God is for you. When the Philistines chased David down in Gath, he wrote, “This I know, that God is for me” (Psalm 56:9). What a time to make a declaration like that!

Many of us have found ourselves in a place similar to David’s situation at times. Life is closing in . . . the enemy seems to have us cornered and there appears to be no way out. Pleasant circumstances disappear before our eyes and the world turns dark. 

At times like that, we may be tempted to cry out, “Why is God against me?” Not David. He assured himself with the truth, “God is for me.” He didn’t say, “This I feel, that God is for me.” There are many times in life that we don’t feel like God is for us. No, he said, “This I know, that God is for me.

Will you affirm this truth in your own life? God really is for you. Nothing can ever change His mind or heart toward you. If you are His child, His loving kindness toward you will last forever. (Read Psalm 136 sometime!)

Circumstances may be suffocating you at times, but God is for you! Negative feelings may seem to be strangling you, but God is for you! Life may not make sense at a given moment, but God is for you! Trust Him. When you feel like you’re drowning in an ocean of problems, cling to your Heavenly Father. He will prove Himself strong in your life by assuring you of His love.

Your circumstances may or may not turn out like you want, but He will hold you in His loving and sovereign arms and gently whisper His love to you again and again. Sit in quietness for a moment and listen to his loving voice assure you of that fact until, like the Psalmist, you may say, “This is know, God is for me!”

2Co 12:9  And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may overshadow me. 

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET

WHICH GOSPEL?
  by C. R. Stam

A friend asks: "Have you heard the good news?" and you reply: "What good news?" Naturally! All good news is not the same. Yet few people follow this procedure when they read in the Bible the phrase "the gospel" -- which simply means "the good news." They have been taught that "the gospel is the gospel" and "there is only one gospel," but this is simply not so in the light of the Bible itself.

God has not proclaimed only one gospel, one item of good news, down through the ages, but many. He has qualified the word "gospel" by distinctive titles, just as a woman labels her preserves to distinguish the different goodies she has put up for the winter.

The "gospel of the kingdom" and the "gospel of the grace of God" are not the same, and certainly the "gospel of the circumcision" and the "gospel of the uncircumcision" are not the same.

When we come upon the phrase "the gospel" without any qualifying title, we should immediately ask: "Which gospel?" and invariably the context will provide the answer. Luke 9:6, for example, simply states that the twelve disciples went about "preaching the gospel," but Verse 2 of the same chapter explains how the Lord had sent them "to preach the kingdom of God" -- not the cross, but the kingdom, since He, the King, was in their midst. These disciples could not have engaged in "the preaching of the cross," as Paul later did, for it was not until at least two years later that the Lord "began" to tell them how He must suffer and die (Matt. 16:21) and Peter "began to rebuke Him" (Ver. 22)and none of the twelve even understood what He was talking about (Luke 18:34). 

But whereas "the gospel of the kingdom" had been committed to the twelve while Christ was on earth, "the preaching of the cross" (as good news) and "the gospel of the grace of God" was later committed to the Apostle Paul and to us (1 Cor. 1:18; Acts 20:24).

Today we do not proclaim the kingdom rights of Christ. Rather we proclaim "redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace" (Eph.1:7). 

Lord God of my salvation, thank You for the glorious message of the gospel.  I rejoice that You have taken me out from under the law. I now know that I am your inheritance, I know you are my life, and know that it is you Lord Jesus who brings forth spiritual fruit in me, and all the praise belongs to you.  May Your name be exalted, Amen.

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Apr 2015, 10:23 pm

AMBASSADORS OF RECONCILIATION 
PART THREE-CONCLUSION
Pastor J. C. O’Hair

Our mission today is to beseech sinners to believe the word of reconciliation; to believe that the document has been signed and sealed; that the Lord Jesus Christ provided this reconciliation and made peace by the blood of His cross. Truly with such a ministry we should know that we are ambassadors extraordinary and ministers plenipotentiary. How willing and eager sinners should be to accept this glorious gospel message, be at peace with God, reconciled to God, and be redeemed for time and eternity.

If you are troubled to know under which one of the Lord’s commissions you are to labour, remember these words of Paul, “the gospel of the uncircumcison was committed unto me (Paul) as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.” Galatians 2:7. And again Paul’s words in II Timothy 2:2. “And the things that thou hast heard of me (Paul) among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.” Again in Ephesians 3:1 and 2, “I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles”. . . “the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you ward”. Again, “the gospel which was preached of me is not after man . . . taught it by the revelation of Jesus Christ.” Galatians 1:12.

“That I (Paul) should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles—I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man’s foundation.” Romans 15:16 and 20.

Note what Paul says concerning himself, in I Corinthians 3:10: “According to the grace of God which is given unto me (Paul), as a wise master builder, I have laid the foundation.”

When the risen Christ gave the so-called great commission, in Matthew 28:19 and 20, to Peter and his associates, he never hinted at the gospel of uncircumcision, the dispensation of the grace of God for Gentiles, or the ministry of reconciliation which some years later He committed, by revelation, to Paul who then declared, “I am the apostle of the Gentiles; I magnify mine office.” Romans 11:13.

The pity is that the Lord’s ambassadors today minimize Paul’s office instead of magnify it.

Well, fellow-Christians, our commission and message today is the word of reconciliation. That reconciliation message was not the commission of Matthew 28:19 and 20, because Israel had not yet been cast away and God’s word instructs us in Romans 11:15, “the casting away of them (Israel) be the reconciling of the world.” After Christ had been raised from the dead. Peter declared that He was raised from the dead to be a Prince and a Saviour to give repentance unto Israel. Acts 5:30 and 31. Christ raised from the dead to give repentance is quite different from the reconciling of the world because of Israel was cast away.

Now here is sufficient Divine authority for our ministry for the Lord, “hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation” II Corinthians 5:19, “Hath given us the ministry of reconciliation.” II Corinthians 5:18.

In the context note our identification with Christ—II Corinthians 5:15—And also note why we labour as ambassadors of reconciliation: “the love of Christ constraineth us”; “Knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men.” II Corinthians 5:14 and II Corinthians 5:11. 

Let us not be guilty of the spiritual crime of perverting the glorious Divine message of grace. In the message of reconciliation sinners are not to beg God to be reconciled to them and save them. Carefully note II Corinthians 5:20: “Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as thought God did beseech you by us; we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.”

God beseeches the sinner. We pray the sinner. This is not the sinner seeking God and salvation. This is God beseeching the sinner to accept the perfect work of redemption accomplished by Christ. When He was made sin on the cross, God was reconciled. The reconciliation becomes mutual the moment the sinner believes God and receives Christ. We have a blessed ministry, a great responsibility, and a glorious privilege as ambassadors of reconciliation.

THE GRACE OF GOD IS CONTINUAL IN THE LIFE OF THE BELIEVER. 

Our Purpose and Mission

GraceNTheTruth@COX.NET
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum