World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Fri 29 Sep 2017, 10:50 am

Naturally, the company received the hearty thanks from a long list of Twitter users.

September 29

Today's Reading: Isaiah 7; Ephesians 2

Today's Thoughts: Hearing God’s Voice

And when they say to you, "Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living? >Isaiah 8:19

We are doing a study right now on hearing God’s voice. We didn’t realize how many misconceptions there were and how much fear exists in the lives of the people who say that they hear the Lord. The fear mostly deals with wondering if it was really God who spoke. There is a definite problem if we question hearing God’s voice because we would end up more double minded than if we didn’t consult the Lord at all. If we just do what we want to do, we deal with the consequences of our own decisions and actions and don’t have to get God involved. When we get God involved, even if our interpretation is wrong, we end up having an issue with Him.

When I see a large group of women all struggling with the same thing, I know that the enemy is having his way. Why? Because satan tries his hardest to distract the believer and make them doubt their faith. There is not very much victory in the church today, so if a group of people are dealing with the same issues without victory, satan is involved. How do we resolve the problem of doubt and fear when hearing God’s voice?

The verse above shows us that God’s people have been struggling with the same thing for a long time. It is easier to consult mediums and spiritualists who really don’t know than to consult the Lord. A medium or spiritualist whispers and mutters and focuses on the dead while a Christian should be all about life. But to hear God’s voice takes time, effort and the fighting of the flesh. To know the will of God means that we need to get into the Scriptures and acquaint ourselves with the character of God as well as our own desires before Him. Then we need to lay down our desires so that the Lord can work on our hearts from His perspective instead of our own. That’s how His desires become ours. When we are not threatened by God’s ways, we are able to hear His voice. We have to remember that God is on our side. We are His children; He does not want us walking around confused and frustrated. He wants us walking around sensing His love and His life. If you are a Christian who struggles with knowing the voice of God, talk to Him about it. Tell Him that you don’t want to consult anyone or thing else because His will matters most to you. He is not going to reject a prayer like that. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice and follow. Be sure that you are listening because you do hear if you have come to know Him. He will not lead you astray and His will is not to confuse you. Ask, seek and knock and you will find God. That’s a promise.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Sep 2017, 1:38 pm

September 28

Today's Reading: Isaiah 5; Ephesians 1

Today's Thoughts: Here am I! Send Me.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." - >Isaiah 6:8

The prophet, Isaiah, was blessed with an incredible experience...he found himself in the throne room of God. He saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up and the train of His robe filled the temple. He saw glowing celestial beings, or seraphim, around and above the throne. And then, Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord say to him, "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Without hesitation, Isaiah shouted out, “Here am I! Send me.” His life would be forever changed.

Isaiah had a tough ministry as a prophet. The people did not want to hear what he had to say. His prophecies foretold of destruction and doom. Why would anyone want to hear such dreadful predictions about their ultimate desolation? Isaiah did not have a glamorous life and he did not die in an honorable manner. Jewish tradition says that he was sawn in half when he was about 90 years old. He answered the call of God but the call on his life brought much pain and suffering. For people today to answer the call of God there must be an awareness and acceptance of the pain and suffering that comes with the call. It is a tough place to live, especially in a world engrossed in comforts and pleasures.

Many Christians today are afraid to say, “Here am I! Send me.” They are afraid to surrender and to really take up their cross and follow Jesus. The price is high...very high. When the flame starts getting too hot to handle, they step back and cool off. I know because I have been there. So, why be an “Isaiah” if we do not have to be? We can be saved, live a nice life and wake up in heaven. Why go through all of this other stuff? There is only one reason, one answer, to that question: to have the experience of standing before the throne of God and hearing His voice. To experience His presence in such an intimate way that you feel as though you are melting at His feet. To see His glory and majesty as Isaiah did. Once you have tasted and seen, you will never ask “why” again. The pain and the suffering cannot compare to the glory of the Lord.

But first you must be willing to step out and be sent. Are you ready? Do you want more? If so, then start praying. Read the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah to learn more about their lives and how God called them. You will never know all God has for you until you let go and ask Him to send you out. As Christians, this is our great commission.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Sep 2017, 9:57 am

September 27

Today's Reading: Isaiah 3; Galatians 6

Today's Thoughts: Do Not Give Up

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9

Are you feeling "weary" these days? Do you ever feel as if "doing good" really gets you nowhere? I bet that if we were honest, most of us would admit to these feelings or thoughts at some points in our Christian life. If you spend much time at all reading Paul's letters in the New Testament, you hear him telling us to persevere, to run the race with endurance, and to not lose heart. The Apostle Paul understood the trials of suffering and how hard it can be just to keep going, day in and day out. Today's verse has a promise at the end, one that we can all claim in victory. If we do not grow weary and give up, there will be a time of reaping, a season of harvest.

The enemy will use every scheme he can against us to discourage us from moving forward. I wonder how many times we give up at the last minute. What would happen if we never gave up? When the Lord calls you to step out, you must go. Once you make that decision, you will be tested. You will be tempted to quit, especially in your thoughts. To combat the temptations to quit, we must stay in the Word of God to renew our minds and to surrender to His will over our natural-born desires. Through the Holy Spirit, we can overcome and live a life pleasing to God. Praise God, for He wants for you to overcome and live a life pleasing Him.

God is leading you, you must follow Him, step by step. Know that there will be times when you will feel weary and your heart wants to sink, but that is when you turn to the Lord for strength and encouragement. Do not give up! The victory may be a day away.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Sep 2017, 8:40 am

September 26

Today's Reading: Isaiah 1; Galatians 5

Today's Thoughts: Take Time to Stop

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

"Be still" is a phrase often commanded by parents. Children have an abundance of energy that seems to have no limits at times, regardless of where they may be. The command to "be still" usually comes when either the energy level has reached a fevered pitch or when the environment is not conducive to an overabundance of activity, such as riding in a car or sitting in church. However, getting a child to be still from just speaking the words is most often a futile attempt at best; sometimes, more serious action is required.

As children of God, we are not so different. We tend to lead overactive lives filled with busyness and activities that seem to have few boundaries themselves. The difference is that, as adults, we have no one telling us to "be still" and slow down. We think the busier we are, the better we are for us and for those around us. Most of us even feel better just by staying active and over stimulated. Our society not only endorses this behavior but also has, for the most part, created the standards for it. How many of us would like to be known as weak, feeble, or slack? We most likely would be insulted by such words. But God says that we are to "be still," which is defined in Hebrew with such words. God is the One who tells us not to put anything above or before Him in our lives, even our energy levels and activities.

Just as with a child, sometimes our attention must be captured by God using more drastic actions. I heard the Lord telling me to slow down but it took physical changes in my life before I began to listen and obey. All God wants is more of us. He wants to be with us and He wants our undivided attention when we are with Him. It is a command to "be still," to be weak and to be at rest, before our God. Take time today to stop and be still before the Lord. Pray that you can "know" that He is your Lord and Savior and that you can be with Him in stillness and peace. If you hear Him telling you to be still, then listen and obey and do not wait: start today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

September 25

Today's Reading: Song of Solomon 6:1-17; Galatians 4

Today's Thoughts: Song of Love

Where has your lover gone, most beautiful of women? Which way did your lover turn, that we may look for him with you? - >Song of Solomon 6:1

While reading the Song of Solomon, I can almost blush. The book is so intense regarding the extent of a love between a man and woman. There are times that the dialogue between the man and woman shift to the woman and her friends. Both sets of conversations focus on love, not the kind of love we associate with Jesus, but sexual love. The Song of Solomon talks about breasts and passion. I read the verses almost forgetting that I was reading the Bible.

I have heard scholars say that the Song of Solomon should not be in the Bible because Solomon's counsel about women is wrong. After all, he had 700 wives and 300 concubines and his behavior was certainly not biblical. They continue to say that Solomon's attitude toward women turned him away from the pure worship of God, so his counsel is as a heathen not as a believer. I have a difficult time with this thought because God would not have allowed it to make the cut into His Holy Word if He did not value the book. I have heard others say that the Song of Solomon represents the love that Jesus has for the church. He loves us as His bride and this love is a passionate and a self-sacrificial love. Personally, this is difficult to accept because the book is about sex. Can we equate Jesus' love for the church as sexual?

I believe that the Song of Solomon is as inspired by the Holy Spirit as every other book in the Bible. I also believe that Jesus loves us more than anyone else can, and we can draw similarities between His love for the church as His bride. But I also believe that the sexual love between a man and woman in marriage is godly. Sex was in the Garden before sin. God made a woman's body in such a way that Adam wanted her sexually. We sometimes spiritualize our desires too much and presume that sex, passion or the instincts of the body are sinful. Not true. Sex between a man and woman is normal and spiritual. It is that union that keeps them one and brings them together in intimacy.

God is not afraid of our sexuality. He wrote a book about it--the Song of Solomon. If you have not read it, try to read it without blushing. But while you are reading it, allow the Lord to minister to you in the areas that you need Him to intervene in your opinion and views about your sexuality. Do not hide these thoughts from Him; He already knows them. Include Him and He will do amazing things because He loves you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Sep 2017, 2:38 pm

September 24

Today's Reading: Song of Solomon 4; Galatians 3

Today's Thoughts: Are You So Foolish?

Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh? - Galatians 3:3

There are times that we all get discouraged when we try so hard in our homes and in our work. We want to do the best we can. We want to be giving and loving in our efforts. We want to know that we are pleasing the Lord. We equate blessings with God's favor, thinking that it is our motives and actions that are being rewarded. So when things don't go well, we wonder what we are doing wrong. It is a common misconception, but God doesn't work like that. His grace is not gained by our good behavior. Because we are under the covenant of grace, we are called into rest. That is why it is so important to hold on to His promises. He is always working in us and with us. His plan is that we almost become passive in the process. We get tired of trying as we get caught in the middle between His promises and our efforts. Our hearts long to spend time with the Lord but there are always too many other factors competing for our attention. These factors take away our energy, and at times, make us feel like we can't do it all or we didn't do a good job anyway.

If God has given you promises, then He is the One who is responsible to fulfill them. God does not need our help or efforts. What He has started in the Spirit will not ever get accomplished in our flesh. It is the enemy who tries to discourage you. Satan will put thoughts in your mind of doubt and self defeat. Out loud, tell those evil forces that God has a plan regardless of your abilities. You choose to rest in His promises instead of worrying and doubting God by looking at yourself. Tell the Lord that you are choosing to focus your eyes on Him. And then, get into His Word and claim those promises. His Word puts you on the Rock, and our only responsibility is to stand firm on that Rock.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 Sep 2017, 1:44 pm

14:44:21
September 23

Today’s Reading: Song of Solomon 1; Galatians 2

Today’s Thoughts: Your Home and Family

“For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named” - >Ephesians 3:14-15

I am going home for a few days to see my family. As I say the words “home” and “family,” I catch myself wondering what my definition of these two words really are to me today. Technically, I have three families: one in my own home, the second in the family I grew up, and third is the family of God. The same context applies to with the word “home.” For some of us, home is somewhere away from the family and vice versa. Confusing? Now let’s add what Paul says about our “family.” We are all one big family in heaven and earth named by our heavenly Father. Our real home awaits us in heaven. Until then, we all seek and search for that loving embrace and acceptance from our earthly homes and families.

So, what is the point? For me, every time I “go home,” I end up dealing with certain emotions, feelings and thoughts. Some are pleasant and some are not. Death, divorce and disease are just a few of those unpleasant ones that have touched my family. However, there is also that family connection God has put within all of us of a desire to spend time together and have fellowship. For me though, I am most thankful for the family of Christ. As I look around my life today, I realize that the friendships I have represent the family that God has given me. I am so very thankful for the love and fellowship in the body of Christ.

Even if our earthly families are not the most stable and strong, we can be encouraged to know that our heavenly family is one in the Lord. It will not matter when we get to heaven who did what to whom or how much pain was involved. Our heavenly Father will take care of us all and home will be with Him. The old saying says that, “home is where the heart is,” I believe that to be true. If my heart is with Jesus, then there my home is also, not just with Jesus in heaven but here on earth with His family. I love and appreciate my family very much but I take much comfort in knowing that I have the greatest family of all in the body of Christ.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Sep 2017, 3:28 pm

September 22

Today’s Reading: Ecclesiastes 10:12; Galatians 1

Today’s Thoughts: His Everlasting Love

The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness.” - Jeremiah 31:3

God is love. You cannot separate Him from love and He works in our lives because of His love. Many of us know that God is love, but how many of us live like we believe it? Fear, doubt, guilt and thoughts of self-condemnation are all factors that wage against the love of God. So each time that we worry, we are not resting in the love of God. Each time we feel fearful regarding our finances or health, we are not resting in the love of God. What does it take to accept that God loves us unconditionally so that we can rest in His love?

For me, I understood my need for a savior far greater than my need for love. I was raised in a church that reminded me of my unworthiness weekly. Jesus was identified dying on the cross because of my sins much more than He was identified with the hope of His resurrection. As a result, I expected God to be angry with me each time I opened the Bible. Reading verses such as, “I have loved you with an everlasting love,” seemed foreign, as if God wrote them to the patriarchs and not to me.

However, as I continued reading the Bible, I realized that these “beloved” patriarchs were very much sinners also. They each had shortcomings and each made mistakes. Slowly, I began to realize that God knows and accepts my sinful ways better than I do. That’s why He made a way through Jesus to save me....because He loves me. The love came first!

God loves you so much that you cannot do anything to separate yourself from His love. He understands your struggles and limitations. But through it all, He wants you to find rest as you accept His love and love Him back. After all, 1 John 4:19 says, “We love, because He first loved us.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Sep 2017, 12:28 pm

September 21

Today's Reading: Ecclesiastes 7; 2 Corinthians 13

Today's Thoughts: The Cross is Enough

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" >Romans 3:23

Where do you find a group of people who openly admit that they are sinners but do not go to church? Traffic School. A few years ago, I had the opportunity of being with a group of people who openly admitted their sins to each other as we went around the room explaining what wrong we had committed. These people may not have actually called themselves sinners but they all knew they were wrong with something in their driving. By showing up for traffic school, we were protected from insurance premium increases, points placed on our licenses and the DMV. While at traffic school, the instructor (who was a professional comedian--after all it's hard to admit you are wrong) sets the class up in three ways: what you want to know, what you need to know and what you should know in order to bypass future consequences. By the end of the day, I was filled with so many statistics of future repeat occurrences that I fully believed that I would break the law again--somehow, someway, some day. What are their motives for inducing such fear, guilt and inadequacy? Well, in this traffic school class, the organization was selling "lifelong memberships" to traffic school. I watched the whole class buy a membership, and then, he looked at me. And I said in front of everyone, "Is this legal? You are soliciting a profit off of our sins?" They are right that I will break the law again (it does not take much to realize that); however, their intent was wrong.

Man's ways are not God's ways. God demonstrated His love towards us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Jesus' motives and intentions are pure and selfless. He went to a cross, innocent and blameless, to become sin for us so we can be made righteous by His blood. Jesus paid the price of a debt we could never afford to pay. Every day we need to come to the cross of Christ to acknowledge our sins before Him. We need to confess them and believe that His sacrifice is enough to cleanse us of our sins. Every day we need to come to His feet and beg Him to use us and convict us of the wrongs we do. Every day we need a new filling of the Holy Spirit so that we can be used by Him to bring others into His freedom from old habits and behaviors. God has a plan for you. Jesus went to great lengths to help you to believe, for no other reason and for no personal profit, but because of His love for you. He was crucified and you are cleansed. Will we continue to sin? Absolutely. But do those sins now separate us from God? Never. All He wants from us is to believe. Do you believe? Is Jesus enough? Is Jesus all you want? Today, pray that God will open the door for you to share with someone else the hope you have found in Jesus.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

September 20
Today’s Verses: Ecclesiastes 4; 2 Corinthians 12

Today’s Thoughts: Friendship

Two are better than one, Because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls, For he has no one to help him up. Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

We spoke at a church retreat where the theme was Friendship. Everyone who attended received a small card that had a picture of two little girls and the words, “Two are better than one...for if they fall, one will lift up his companion.” It was very sweet and very cute, just like we expect little girls to be. However, shouldn’t this verse apply to adults too? Running a large weekly women’s study, we know that many come looking for friendship. But, as adults, friendships are not defined nor identified in the same terms as when we were young. We grow up, we grow distant, and we get too busy to spend time with, or even maintain, friends. That is not how Jesus intended friendships to be. He knows that we need each other, in times of prosperity and in times of failure.

Jesus had a way of putting things in perspective. When the disciples asked who was the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, Jesus showed them the little children. As adults, we need to become childlike, not childish, with others. Children do not worry about the boundaries or the real motive behind every spoken word. They just want a friend, someone to hang out with. Jesus also talked about friends. He said that a friend is someone willing to lay down his life for another. Maintaining friendships as adults is difficult because true friendship does “not [seek] its own” desires (1 Corinthians 13:4); true friendship is selfless and giving.

Jesus is our perfect example of friendship. He laid down His life just for us, because He is our true Friend. Today, we can take comfort in knowing that no matter what happens, Jesus is always with us. Do you have a friend or companion who is there for you? Regardless of how alone we may feel at times, we need to take heart in knowing that Jesus is always our Friend, and He is the best one of all. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Sep 2017, 2:18 pm

September 19

Today’s Reading: Ecclesiastes 1; 2 Corinthians 11:16-33

Today’s Thoughts: Things That Matter

Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done And on the labor in which I had toiled; And indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind. There was no profit under the sun. - >Ecclesiastes 2:11

It seems that time is passing so fast; birthdays come faster and even the holiday season comes sooner every year. But in reality, time is set at a fixed and constant rate and does not change. So I am not getting older faster than I used to, and holidays do not come sooner than they used to, but rather, time is passing at a constant speed. Why does time seem to be passing too fast?

The author of the book of Ecclesiastes had come to the point in his life in which he understood just how little time we really have. In the first chapter, the author identifies himself as David's son, the king of Jerusalem. He also calls himself the Preacher and he spends twelve chapters preaching on the meaning of life--the meaningless of life. His main point centers on how much time we spend on things that are "vanity." The word vanity means emptiness, unsatisfactory, and vapor. Too often, the things we chase after in life are done in vain, and end in emptiness. How many of us look back on things we chased in life and see the worthlessness of the time wasted and the end result? How many of us would love the chance to go back and do certain things over again? Let us go forward with a new mind, set on the things that matter.

Today, take time to stop, slow down and find the real meaning in your life. Our Savior was born to give the only gift that matters. A gift that is not bought, earned or labored for; it is totally free. Jesus has given the gift of everlasting life to all who believe in Him. In this gift, however, there is so much more than just what awaits us in eternity. Our gift starts today. Jesus promised that He would not leave us alone. He has given us His Holy Spirit who lives within us; and because of Him, we have love, joy and peace. Take the time to worship and praise Him for all that He has given you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Sep 2017, 10:51 pm

September 18

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 30; 2 Corinthians 11:1-15

Today’s Thoughts: When God Exalts

On that day the Lord exalted Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they had feared Moses, all the days of his life. >Joshua 4:14

Joshua had already been appointed by the Lord and by Moses to lead the people into the promise land. But, the Lord waited until everyone (except the priests holding the Ark of the Covenant) had crossed the Jordan before He exalted Joshua in the eyes of the people. At that point, the Lord told Joshua what to command the people to do. Joshua went from being their leader to being their commander. The Lord knew what lay ahead of them and the people would need a strong, courageous leader to get them through the battles.

There comes a point in time when the Lord steps in and exalts His leaders, teachers, commanders, whomever He has chosen for His purposes. Often times, we want to help God in this way by exalting ourselves. We may know in our hearts that we are called for a specific purpose and we even know that He has gifted us for the task, but no one else will respect or submit to that calling until God reveals it to them. The people needed to fear Joshua and respect his authority but only God could instill that in them. The Lord will do the same today for His people that He has chosen to lead others, whether in teachers, leaders, and so many other areas of service. Wait on the Lord to let others know what He is doing with you.

Have you been called for a role in leadership, maybe in your church or in an area of your workplace? Whatever the role and wherever the place; if the Lord has placed that on your heart and is leading you in your role; trust Him to give you the authority to do the job. Be careful not to push your authority on others or do things to promote yourself. When the Lord exalts you, it is for His purpose and in His timing. People will see you differently, not because of you, but because of the Holy Spirit revealing those things to them. Take comfort in what God did with Joshua and be of good courage in all that the Lord is leading you to do.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 Sep 2017, 11:33 pm

September 17

Today's Reading: Proverbs 27; 2 Corinthians 10

Today's Thoughts: Winning the Battle

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ” - >2 Corinthians 10:4-5

Did you know that there is an ongoing battle for your mind? Many of us realize that there is a battle taking place inour minds, but the real battle is forcontrol of our minds. This may sound a little like science fiction and weird but that is just what our enemy wants us to think. We are in a spiritual battle every day for control of our thoughts. For some of us, the intensity of conflicting thoughts can torment us for hours. For others of us, we have learned such mind control that we do whatever it takes to press down those thoughts. Regardless of how we handle them, they are still there.

The only effective weapons that we can use are the ones given to us by God. The weapons of the flesh, such as mental imagery or positive thinking will not bring us the victory that God has for us. Many people use such tools and claim dramatic results, but the deceptions are dangerous. Why? Because the focus and the power are placed completely on us, not on the Lord. The more power we think we have in ourselves, the more power Satan has over us. Scary thought? Let’s go for the real power and learn to bring our thoughts before Christ.

Are you in a battle today over things in your mind? There are two things you must incorporate into your daily routine. First, open your Bible and read at least one verse in the morning. Use a devotional or a Psalm or Proverb, whatever works for you. Second, take what you have read and ask the Lord to put His words into your mind throughout the day. If you will do this every day, in time you will begin to remember God’s words and will think about them because His Spirit will bring them to your thoughts. For those things that you are struggling with in your mind, start talking to the Lord about them. Pray that His words will bring comfort and hope instead of torment and guilt. Let the Lord fight for you by letting Him have the control over your mind instead of trying to handle it yourself.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 16 Sep 2017, 1:42 pm

September 16

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 25; 2 Corinthians 9

Today’s Thoughts: An Everyday Retreat

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you. >Ephesians 4:32

Have you ever attended a weekend church retreat or fellowship outing? It is usually a great time of fellowship filled with a lot of love and laughter. It is an opportunity to meet new friends, share hidden struggles and spend time together. But why do we often wait until we attend such an event to reach out and enjoy others? Why can't we get along like that all the time? In one weekend, we can find out more about a person than after a whole year in church together. What happens at a retreat that causes our barriers to come down and our kind, loving, accepting personalities to come out? There are many burdens carried by people who attend a retreat, but somehow those burdens become a lot lighter by the end. The answer is God.

A retreat is the one place that we incorporate the Lord in everything we do. We sing to the Lord, we learn about the Lord, we talk to others about the Lord, we pray together to the Lord, and we are at a facility that is dedicated to the Lord. It is all about the Lord. We live out Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus said unto him, 'You shall love the Lord thy God with all of your heart, and with all of your soul, and with all of your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.'"

We need to pray that we can understand this kind of love and kindness all year round. We get busy and focused on our own struggles, trying so hard to make it through the day that we forget others are in need too. But what we are really forgetting is a Who--the Lord. We need to include the Lord in the busyness of our days so that we can represent Him to others. Pray that you can be used by the Lord and that you can incorporate Him in everything you do today. You just might be able to help someone along the way. And, keep going to those retreats--we all need those special weekends with the Lord and with others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Sep 2017, 5:27 pm

September 15

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 22:1-33; 2 Corinthians 8

Today’s Thoughts: Small Adjustments for Big Breakthroughs

“Do not be overly righteous, nor be overly wise: why should you destroy yourself?” - Ecclesiastes 7:16

I tend to be the main point person when dealing with the retreats that we attend. So it’s up to me to do mostly everything from communicating with the church to finding out the specifics of the retreat. Well, last weekend’s retreat was no different. When Bobbye asked me what she should bring, I pulled out the list and started reading it to her: sleeping bag, flashlight, pillow, towels, toiletries. She listened intently and asked, “Is this a camp ground? Are we going camping this weekend?” I said, “No, it’s a retreat center,” without giving it another thought.

The weekend came and we were greeted with willing arms to help us carry our things. As I popped open my trunk, the pillows, towels, extra blankets and sleeping bags were right on top. One of the girls said, “You do not need any of that.” Confused, I rechecked the packing list just to find out that I had stapled my 7th grade daughter’s retreat list to the church’s information. I had been following the wrong list.

How can you be so prepared and organized while being so radically off base? It took a lot of extra time, thought and effort to pack things that I didn’t need. I had never questioned the list, trusting in my own skill set.

This was a small mistake in the big picture of things but it made me examine other things in my life. How many times am I going out of my way to make things harder on myself, absolutely convinced that I am right? I might be heading the right way and even able to get to the right place but am I prepared with the right things when I arrive? Am I making the trip of life more difficult in the process? Am I willing to listen to others who are personally involved? Am I spending more time doing or am I really thinking things through? These were great questions for me to ponder while away in the mountains. Sometimes it is not about making big changes but making small adjustments that can lead to huge breakthroughs.

Everything considered, the retreat was amazing! Women got saved and clearly women changed. The testimonies absolutely reflected that God is still in the business of setting captives free. Despite packing the wrong kind of things, we really had the right kind of time.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Sep 2017, 9:28 am

September 14

Today's Reading: Proverbs 19; 2 Corinthians 7

Today's Thoughts: Choose to Love

These things I command you, that you love one another. - >John 15:17

As a child, one of my favorite words was "why." I know it drove my parents crazy when I used it repeatedly. Why do I have to brush my teeth? Why do I need to eat those green things? The answer was always the same, "Because I told you so." There are times when we must submit and do as we are told. Children have little choice in the matter, but as adults we can choose our own course. Jesus tells us to "love one another." And even in this command, we have a choice. Have you ever found yourself wondering why you have to love that person who seems so undeserving? The answer is because Jesus says so.

Love is so important to Jesus that He summed up all Ten Commandments into two: love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. The Apostle Paul says in First Corinthians 13 that nothing we do really matters without love. But in today's world, we are confused about love. Movies and television lure us into fantasies about "true" love using sex, guilt and manipulation as tools to obtain love. When we are hurt by someone who says they love us, we begin to wonder if love really exists at all. Is love a feeling or is it an attitude or a behavior? Jesus knew exactly why He had to command us to love each other. Because we would not do it based upon our own feelings. We are human and our nature is sinful.

The only way to keep this commandment is to pray. Pray for God's love to fill your heart. Pray that you will love your enemies as well as your neighbor (the good and bad). Pray that you will love Jesus more everyday. It is only when we stop asking "why" and start asking "how" that we can truly know what love is.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Sep 2017, 12:03 pm

Today's Thoughts: God Has a Way of Balancing Things

When the Lord saw that Leah was unloved, He opened her womb; but Rachel was barren. Genesis 29:31

God has a way of balancing the scales. I have seen it with money, with time and, as this verse says, with love. Leah was "unloved" but Rachel was adored by Jacob. Leah had children and Rachel was barren. Not all things are that cut and dry spiritually, but all things are in the hands of the Lord. He is the One who opens and closes wombs. He is the One who determines the day of our birth and knows the day of our death. Moreover, even though Jacob loved Rachel more than he loved Leah, Leah was married to Jacob years longer and Leah was buried with Jacob. God does not do these things to punish us or hurt us: but to balance us.

While there are blessings, there are also burdens. That balances us. If life here were perfect, would anyone want to go to heaven? Think about it: we all want to go to heaven but no one wants to die, even though life is hard here. You may not be getting something you have been praying for--a long time. It might be something that others get so easily, but for you, you are begging God for answers, yet without seeing it. If this is you, look at the circumstances differently.

Instead of begging God for what you do not have, start thanking Him for all you do have. Instead of feeling badly about what you are missing on earth, start asking Him to give you a heart to have many things in heaven. We are only passing through here but heaven is for eternity. God knows what is best to keep you balanced. Start praising Him. Start praying to Him about pleasing His heart instead of asking Him to please yours. He loves you. Try seeking His face instead of His hand, and you will receive His peace that surpasses everything else.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Sep 2017, 9:17 pm

September 12

Today’s Readings: Proverbs 13; 2 Corinthians 5

Today’s Thoughts: A Slow Day

He who is slowto wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. >Proverbs 14:29

Have you ever had one of those days where you started out groggy, as if in slow motion? I woke up tired this morning. As I sat in my chair and began to read my online Bible, I was even more tired. Coffee did not help. I felt like I was swimming against the current. My insides were trying but my reflexes were not responding. I was having a hard time comprehending and focusing on what I was reading. Even my prayers were challenging, as my mind kept wandering. The day seemed to flow with the same kind of beat. Traffic seemed extra slow and congested. Red lights were longer than normal. And my computer...the little hour glass icon next to the cursor became a great nuisance as I tried to double click through files and pages. My irritation and frustration grew at top speed while everything else around me crawled at a snail’s pace. As my day is fast coming to a close, I am still tired and still in slow motion. What does the Lord want me to learn from this kind of day?

Several verses in the Bible include the word “slow,” but are often followed by the words “to anger.” Why? Because we tend to get angry very quickly. Also, when we act on impulse, we usually act foolishly. The more anxious we get at times, the more likely we are to behave rashly. The end result is not good, not to mention who gets hurt in the middle. We must learn the self-control to be “slow to wrath” and slow to anger. We must learn to recognize the triggers in our environment and circumstances that tempt us to lose control and react in the heat of the moment. For me and my day, the Lord reminded me of these lessons.

Since I woke up in slow motion, He meant for me to go with His flow, not mine. Today, God wanted me to slow down, sit longer at lights, and even wait on my computer to respond. Instead of impulsively getting upset, He wanted me to think about Him during those moments, talk to Him and let Him talk back. Instead of talking to the Lord, I was wondering just when that red light was going to turn green.

Today, and any day, when you are sitting in traffic, at a long light or waiting for service somewhere, stop and talk to the Lord. God has set your day in motion for His purposes. It is okay to go slow, especially when circumstances pull at our emotions. If you go with His flow and follow His tempo, you will end your day with peace and joy, instead of regrets and fatigue.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:30 pm

September 11

Today's Reading: Proverbs 10; 2 Corinthians 4

Today’s Thoughts: To Believe is to Live

Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." - John 8:24

The Pharisees were always trying to catch Jesus off guard. Regardless of what Jesus was teaching, they would test Him. The Pharisees were the religious leaders and teachers of the day. They knew the Scriptures better than anyone and were always ready to tell others how to live by them. They were superior in their righteousness, or so they thought. They enjoyed their status, their power and the honor given to them by man. Jesus however, created problems for them in His teachings. The people wanted to hear more of what Jesus had to say. The Pharisees were threatened as they saw their power diminishing, as more and more people followed Jesus. How sad to realize that the very One whom they had been waiting for their whole lives was in their midst and they did not recognize Him!

The people who denied Jesus would die in their sins because they refused to believe that He is the Son of God. When all is said and done, the verse above sums up the truth. If we do not believe in Jesus, we will die in our sins. Sadly, there are still Pharisees in our world today who think that by knowledge and good works they have the answers. There are those who can recite Scripture to justify any argument or prove any point and are always instructing others on how to live godly lives. Then, there are those who truly try hard to do what is right. They volunteer for ministry services, give freely to others in need and are kind-hearted to everyone. On the outside, both types look very godly and religious. But what about on the inside?

Jesus is not impressed with our "good" works. Our best intentions mean nothing in the kingdom of God. We are born of sin, live sinful lives and will die in our sins, unless we do one thing--believe in Jesus. It is not the kind of belief that acknowledges His existence or His role. James 2:18 tells us that, “even the demons believe and tremble.” The word “believe” means to adhere to, rely on, trust in, and depend upon. Do you believe in Jesus Christ according to His definition of the word? Do you absolutely depend upon Him for your salvation? Do you know that there is nothing you can add to your salvation and that there is no good work that you can do for eternal security? The only requirement is faith. The only One who can cleanse us from our sins is Jesus Christ, and the only way we can be cleansed is by believing in Him alone. Today, you can know Him. Dear Lord, I want to know Your Son Jesus. I know that I am a sinner who cannot do enough good works to earn my salvation. I am lost without You. I want You to be my Lord and Savior forever more.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Sep 2017, 9:32 pm

September 10
Today's Reading: Proverbs 8; 2 Corinthians 3

Today's Thoughts: The Unveiling

But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. >2 Corinthians 3:18

In the Old Testament book of Exodus, Moses describes the building of the tabernacle. This tabernacle is to be built on earth as a copy of heavenly things, a place where God can dwell with His people. Its design and construction are described in great detail in Exodus Chapters 26 through 28, then again in Chapters 34 through 38. One of its most beautiful pieces was a veil that separated the Holy of Holies from the Sanctuary. The veil represented man's separation from God; man at that time had no real fellowship with God. Only Moses could enter into such personal fellowship with God. He would come in such intimate contact with God that even his face shone with the glory of the Lord. Moses would use a veil to cover his face. 2 Corinthians 3:13 says that Moses used the veil to keep the people from seeing what was passing away, but the next verse states that their minds were blinded. It was as though the minds of the people had their own veil that kept them from really seeing the truth. Years later when Jesus died on the cross, this veil, still used to separate the two sections of the temple, was torn in two. Jesus died so that we may have personal fellowship with God. No longer was a veil needed, because there was no longer a need for separation. The only veil left is the one that we keep, over those areas we have not yet surrendered to God.

Do you have a veil covering part of your heart or mind? As Christians, we might be quick to say, "Of course not, I love Jesus and I know His Spirit lives within me." I am one of those Christians who not only would say it, but also would believe it with all my being. How can I be veiled in any area when I so desperately want all that the Lord has for me? How can I be blinded when all I want is to see with spiritual eyes? But the closer I walk with the Lord, the more I understand how blind I really am. A veil does not have to be thick. The veil in the temple was about three feet thick. I have learned that the veils that cover my heart and mind can be quite thin, enough to let me see through but not enough to let me see clearly. The problem comes when I think I am seeing clearly but am really only seeing through a fog. Then the Lord begins to show me things so crystal clear that I can barely look at them. The Lord begins to unveil parts of me.

We must go through this process with the Lord if we want to continue to grow in our walk with Him. Breakthroughs come and strongholds are broken when we get through these types of trials.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Sep 2017, 3:45 pm

September 9

Today's Reading: Proverbs 6; 2 Corinthians 2

Today's Thoughts: Aroma of Christ

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

There are two words in these verses that should catch our attention, the words "fragrance" and "aroma." Isn't it interesting that Paul uses words that relate to our sense of smell to describe how we should be seen by others (or smelledby others)? Most of us notice when a person passes by wearing cologne or perfume, especially when it is a strong scent. There are certain fragrances that evoke memories in us. The smell of spices and evergreen are most common at Christmas. Floral smells hint of springtime. And even someone's scent (good or bad) stirs emotions within us if we relate that fragrance to a particular time or event in our lives.

As Christians, Paul is saying that we, too, have a scent about us --"the aroma of Christ." The origin of the word "aroma" brings us back to Old Testament times when the sacrificial offerings of burning animal flesh were common. Our lives as Christians are offered as that living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God (Romans 12:1). As we live for Christ (and are willing to die to ourselves), we become a sweet-smelling aroma to God. Not by our good works, but because of the offerings and sacrifices we are willing to make in our daily lives. But we live in a world of indulgence to self, not sacrifice. How can we be the fragrance of Christ in the world today?

The first step is in being aware of who you are in Christ. As a believer, you represent Him wherever you go and whatever you do. What does that look like in real life? Maybe by forgiving someone who has hurt you. Maybe by giving up something you want just to bless someone else. The root of sacrifice and unselfishness goes back to love. It is the love of Christ in us and through us that leaves that sweet aroma on others.

Take time today and think about the fragrance you are wearing. Put it in the perspective of being an offering and a sacrifice unto the Lord for the sake of others. What better role model for us than the apostle Paul? Of course, the ultimate sacrifice was given through God's only Son, Jesus Christ, and it is now up to us to make that sacrifice known to the world. Ask the Lord today to help you be the aroma of Christ everywhere you go. May you leave a scent of love on everyone that you pass.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Sep 2017, 6:29 pm

September 8

Today's Reading: Proverbs 3; 2 Corinthians 1

Today's Thoughts: Direct My Paths

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

My mom and dad are dealing with a huge plumbing problem. The main pipe that carries their hot water from the garage to the kitchen broke underneath the cement slab. They knew something was wrong when their tile floor was warming their feet. Because we have earthquake building codes, the plumbers cannot fix the problem by digging down, but only by rerouting the pipe through the ceilings. This has caused a major upheaval to their home. The laundry room, downstairs bathroom, family room, kitchen, dining room and even the closet where they store all the Christmas decorations have been affected. All of their personal belongings are out of the cabinets and closets, and are on the couches, tables and floor. Then there are the new large holes in the ceilings and closets with dust from the holes everywhere. The plumbers have tried to be considerate by placing plastic over their personal belongings and a walkway runner on the rugs, but with all the work and workers, it is impossible to keep the décor a priority.

Well, my mother has handled it very well, all things considered but... there are times she finds herself overwhelmed with the situation. She has continued to ask the Lord to help her and to remain peaceful through it all (including the cold showers for days). God has been so faithful to hear her prayers. The other night, she went to bed praying about the pipes and when she woke up, she heard this in her mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him,
And He shall redirect your pipes.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (bold words are paraphrased)

The Word of God is active and living. If we put His Word into our minds and meditate on it, God has the ability to bring it back in each and every situation to maintain peace in your life. God is so good to us. He hears every prayer and cares about every circumstance. Trust in Him and He will direct your paths, and even your pipes, if you include Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm

September 7

Today's Reading: Proverbs 1; 1 Corinthians 16

Today's Thoughts: Looking for God’s Wisdom

So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, equity and every good path. Proverbs 2:2-9

As King David was facing his death, he appointed his son, Solomon, as the new king of Israel. In the beginning of King Solomon’s reign, the Lord spoke to Solomon in a dream and said: "Ask! What shall I give you?" (1 Kings 3: 5) His reply greatly pleased the Lord, as he asked for wisdom and discernment so that he could rightly judge God's people. The Lord gave Solomon such an abundance of wisdom that he became famous throughout Israel and other lands, attracting the attention of many who came just to hear his wisdom. His own people feared and respected Solomon because of the power of his words.

The Proverbs are filled with Solomon's nuggets of wisdom, which are still applicable for our lives today. However, this man of wisdom begins this book of wisdom by instructing us to seek for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Solomon tells us to "seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures." He obviously was thankful that he had the right answer when God asked him years earlier, “What shall I give you?”

We need to get in the habit of asking the Lord for wisdom, knowledge and understanding every day. The New Testament writer, James, also instructs us to ask for wisdom as he says in Chapter 1 verse 5, “if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God who gives to all liberally and without reproach and it will be given to him.” In other ways, anyone can ask for wisdom at any time and the Lord will give it liberally regardless of our shortcomings and faults. Asking for wisdom is a gift as much as begin the recipient of the wisdom that He gives. There are no prerequisites or strings attached. There will be tangible fruit in your life as you begin to understand things from a different perspective. Certain habits will break and your own words will inspire you as they bring edification and counsel to others.

Oh Lord, please give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding today so I can think Your thoughts as You direct my words, hands and feet.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Sep 2017, 9:44 am

September 6

Today's Reading: Psalms 148; 1 Corinthians 15:29-58

Today's Thoughts: Praise Him and Find Victory

Praise Him for His might acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! Psalm 150:2, 6

As we meet and talk with women, we often hear of their struggles, especially in their own thoughts. They feel unworthy to be serving the Lord. Thoughts like, "Who are you to be doing this?" or "Why are you working on this--someone else could do it better?" are common components of mental attacks. These thoughts then trigger certain emotions and the next thing for women is a pit of depression and hopelessness, just what the enemy had planned. The enemy wants you to feel so condemned and depressed that you quit or are too demoralized to minister effectively and powerfully.

Some Christians recognize that these types of thoughts are not of the Lord but they do not know how to stop them. Some of us quote verses, rebuke the devil, and attempt to reason our way out of it with logical comebacks, but still have no real victory. Instead of fighting back, we begin to justify the bad thoughts, thinking that maybe these self-condemning behaviors are from the Lord to keep us humble. Wrong!

Jesus came to give us life to the fullest. He wants us to share in His joy, not wallow in our flesh. We are sinners. We are unworthy to do anything to please God. We are to love Him and to worship Him. Our faith is the only way to please God. It is not for us to dwell on our unworthiness but to praise Him for His willingness to save us.

How can we change this process? Start praising the Lord! Put on praise music, read the psalms aloud (as if you wrote them to the Lord) and worship the Lord. The key is to get our eyes off ourselves and focus on Him. He is worthy and by His blood that cleanses us, we can do all things through Christ, even change those negative thoughts.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Sep 2017, 10:17 pm

September 5

Today’s Reading: Psalms 146; 1 Corinthians 15

Today’s Thoughts: Hold Fast

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel that I preached to you, which also, you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. >1 Corinthians 15:1-2

One day, I spent time with a patient who had just been diagnosed the day before with breast cancer that had spread to her brain, liver and lungs. She was a young woman in her forties. I met her on the Oncology Unit in the hospital where doctors were just beginning a treatment plan. This patient seemed to have a peace. She spoke to me about her signs and symptoms that led up to this diagnosis; she was honest with her emotions and heart’s desires to get better. When I had asked her what her source of strength was during this time, she told me that over 300 people were praying for her and that she had wonderful family members and friends to see her through this difficult time. As the conversation continued, I asked her if she had the assurance of her salvation. I asked her if she had ever accepted Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Savior. Her answer was quick and confident as she said, “I don’t need to do that because my father is a minister. I have the church’s support.” My heart was grieved for there aren’t any grandchildren in heaven. God wants to adopt sons and daughters into His Kingdom. God desires to personally raise each one of us, to call us each by name and for His kids to call back to Him, “Daddy,” knowing that His arm isn’t too short too save or ear too dull to hear the cry of His own children.

Becoming a child of God and receiving the assurance that you are His child is so easy. However, we resist so hard. In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul lays down the basics of salvation again. A child of God accepts that Jesus came to earth, fully God and fully man, and that He died on a cross for our sins, He was buried and rose from the dead three days later. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by Him. His death on the cross allowed sinful man to have a relationship with a Holy God. His resurrection gives us the power to live this earthly life for His purposes, instead of our own. Romans 10:9-13 says, “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.” If you want to be sure that you have come to know the Lord Jesus in a personal way, pray this prayer: Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins and forgiving me. I want you to come into my heart and take control of my life. I want to live for You as I believe You died for me. Thank You for hearing my prayer. I want Your Spirit to fill me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next