World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know?

Go down

Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? Empty Re: Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:04 pm

I am not sure the Bible suggests we pray against spirits or demons. Even Michael the archangel contending with the devil said 'the Lord rebuke you!'

There ARE evil spirits and we have authority over them in the name of Jesus and where we come across them we can drive them away but some christians do a sort of 'witchhunt' apparently seeking out evil spirits to attack them as part pf their spiritual warfare. I dont see that was the practive of the early church not was it part of their doctrinal teaching.

The Bible simply says they are there, they are evil, they control the unbeliever and are under satan's direction, but Jesus releases men from their power and Christians need not fear them but deal with them when they manifest. Which does NOT mean trying to find demons in every situation, Jesus never looked for them and simply dealt with them as the occasion arose.

Some of the spectacular events where Christian 'experts' make great show of deliverance ministries are very similar to the spectacular 'healings' which on investigation prove to be very temporary effects and leave the poor patient in the same difficulties as they were before.

I remember dealing with a young man who came to our fellowship and clearly had mental health problems. The church he came from spent a lot of time driving him mad in their endeavours to find 'deomon possesion' and on one occasion this chap was removed rom a meeting of his old church, taken to a room and people were shouting and screaming at the alleged spritis thatwere there. It was so bad I walked into the room nd told the lad to calm down and shut up. He did so immediately and i turfed the demon hunters from the room and spoke quietly with him. His family were very upset with his church leaders telling them he was demon possessed and I reassured his mother that I believed he was simply mentally unwell and if they got him help they would have my support. For a few weks he would threaten suicide and lock himself in his room and they were told to ring m day or night and i would come nd talk to him. After just a few weeks he was clam and going on with God and the panic incidents lost their power because he was cared for.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know? Empty Focus: Praying against spirit is this necessary to know?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:01 pm

Spirits against us
There are many spirits which come against us
:whichmaybe do not understand or even know how to pray against.
Lead me to think on how Jesus before the foundation of the earth know our names.
And through out scripture God is calling us to himself.
And He has equiped us as Born again believers to come against these spirits whether we recognise as it were.
Do we need to be able to recognise these spirits! to be able to pray against in our lives!
Is my discussion
Or can believers bring scriptures to say: We can pray against without knowing. these spirits? and will God honour if we do not even understand.?
Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down