World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 11:28 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 10:32 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 10:05 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 9:58 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 7:03 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:51 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:48 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:46 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:44 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:42 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:32 pm by Admin

» Black Lives Matter Riots and MORE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:25 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 6:24 pm by Admin

» Pope Francis Agenda & One World Government
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 EmptyYesterday at 1:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Meditation Chip Brogden

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 Empty Re: Meditation Chip Brogden

Post  Admin on Thu 24 Dec 2009, 12:45 am

December 23

Today's Message from Chip Brogden
"Little children, keep yourselves from idols (false gods)--[from anything and everything that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from any sort of substitute for Him that would take first place in your life]" (I John 5:21, Amplified).

That is the sort of radical, uncompromising attitude he says we must exercise over our own hearts, for as the disciples go, so goes the Church. Just look at the gravity of his words! "Keep yourself from ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that would occupy the place in your heart due to God, from ANY SORT of substitute for Him that would take first place in your life." Fanatical, impossible directions! Do you really mean to say that there can be NOTHING that takes first place in my life but Christ? Is that what it comes down to?

Absolutely, that is precisely what is at stake, and that is precisely where the battle rages, and that is precisely why we are being tempted on a daily basis. Bound up in that is a lot of good things - spouse, children, friends. Bound up in that is a lot of religious things - church, ministry, work, calling, title, position. Bound up in that is a lot of reasonable things, a lot of moral things, a lot of innocent things. But the crux of the matter is where does Christ fit in? All we have to do to be defeated is to put Him some place other than first. Either He is Lord OF all, or He is not Lord AT all.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Read the source article or post your comments.

©️2009 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Dec 2009, 2:51 pm

December 22
"That in all things [Jesus] might have the preeminence" (Colossians 1:18).
Most Christians do not understand the meaning of "preeminence", and even those who do, find it difficult to articulate it as God's Purpose for Christ, or even understand the ramifications of such a preeminence upon themselves, the Church, the world, and all Creation. That is not meant as a criticism, but as a statement of fact. Their vision penetrates no further than their own little world. The entire object of their faith is to make things more bearable for them here on earth. God is there to save them, heal them, and provide for them. Heaven is something to sing about and a place to look forward to, but it is not a present reality and the object of their affection here and now, or something to be demonstrated and brought to bear upon earth's "reality". Church exists to get them through from one meaningless week to the next. The ministry exists to keep them propped up and pumped up.
We are afflicted with a chronic smallness. Our God is too small, our Jesus is too small, our perception of Heaven is too small, our idea of Church is too small, our concept of following Jesus is too small. Without a vision we are a small, petty, trifling people. May God give us the revelation of Christ! Oh God, gives us that vision of Him! If we are illuminated to see Him then we cannot remain small any longer. He is God's Answer for smallness.
This Testimony is a boundary-breaking thing, an overshadowing thing, an expansive and increasing thing: "Of the increase of His Government and peace THERE SHALL BE NO END (Isaiah 9:7a)." Not only will there be no end of His Kingdom, but there will be no end of HIS INCREASING! Oh God, we cannot fathom that! We cannot comprehend that! It cannot be contained. We cannot take it and fit it into our program. We have to find a way to fit into IT, and not the other way around.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

©️2009 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Dec 2009, 12:29 pm

December 21

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose" (Romans 8:28).

This is the secret to overcoming. It is not asking God to come down to where we are and bless our little ministry or work. Not at all. Instead, we leave our ground altogether and come onto the Lord's ground. We leave our earthly position and align ourselves with Heaven. We discern what the Lord's eternal Purpose is, and we set ourselves to cooperate with THAT. And when we are thus in conformity to THAT Purpose, all of Heaven is moved on our behalf. When our ministry or work is in harmony with that great movement of God then we cannot help but overcome.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 31 Empty JOHN APOPSTLE OF TESTIMONY

Post  Admin on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 12:00 pm

December 19

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good" Romans 12:21).

When the Church as a whole fails to maintain the Testimony of Jesus, God selects Overcomers, taking a few parts to represent the whole. God has had His Overcomers in every season and age of the Church. Because of their ministry and service, the Kingdom of God is advancing. It is not losing ground at all. We must understand that God never moves backward in relation to Christ, even when circumstances seem to indicate huge reversals and detours from God's Ultimate Will. Since the foundation of the world He has moved steadily and patiently FORWARD.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Last edited by Admin on Sun 20 Dec 2009, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct the url clickable)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 18 Dec 2009, 4:09 pm

December 18

"Not I, but Christ" (Galatians 2:20ff).

With less of me, there will be more of Him in my life, so why would I resist that? There should be less of me today than there was yesterday, and there should be more of Him now than there was before. If I will submit to Him today, then tomorrow there will be yet a little more of Him and a little less of me. Praise God! Spiritual growth is not stronger anointing, greater power, or increased knowledge. Spiritual growth is "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3:30).

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 17 Dec 2009, 3:50 pm

December 17

"And [Jesus] ordained twelve, that they should BE with Him, and that He MIGHT send them forth to preach" (Mark 3:14).

I learned many years ago that it does not matter how busy I am for God, or how many things I am doing in the Name of Jesus, or how much I am able to bless other people, if I am not "with Jesus" on a continual basis. How easy it is to be absorbed, obsessed, and consumed with our little ministry, our little work, our little church, and forget that the whole reason we are called in the first place is to minister to the Lord, to be with Him, to love Him. Are we in love with the Lord, or are we in love with the Lord's work? Are we motivated by the Lord's Need, or by man's need? If the Lord told us to come aside for a year, leave our ministry alone, and just be with Him, would it bring us great joy or would we argue that we are engaged in such an important work that we cannot stop?

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 16 Dec 2009, 2:14 pm

December 16

"For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world" (I John 5:4).

All of us are called to be Overcomers. It is for the "whosoevers." The Lord is seeking you as much as you are seeking Him. The Lord is calling out for Overcomers, those who have the Revelation of Christ and who bear the Testimony of Jesus; those who demonstrate the preeminence of Christ over all things. That is your purpose as a Christian - in fact, it has always been God's purpose for saving you and leaving you on the earth, whether you have realized it or not. You are NOT on the earth to be constantly disappointed, discouraged, and defeated. You are on the earth to demonstrate the preeminence of Christ; to show the world that "the heavens do rule." A defeated Christian is a contradiction: it is not your destiny. Rise up and live according to the truth: that Victory is a Man, and He lives inside of you, and the One Who lives within you is greater than whatever comes against you.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

©️2009 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 3:33 pm

December 15

"So Daniel was taken up out of the den, and no manner of hurt was found upon him, because he believed in his God" (Daniel 6:23b).

Daniel prevailed over Earth because he was of Heaven. Daniel prevailed over Darkness because he was of the Light. Daniel prevailed over Death because he had Life. Daniel was delivered from the lion's den, and lived to continue his ministry of prayer. After such an ordeal we might expect him to go ahead and retire, to quietly settle down, and relax a little bit. Certainly he has earned a vacation. But shortly thereafter we find him battling in the spirit for twenty-one days while he waited for yet another answer to be delivered from Heaven. Can there be any doubt as to the outcome?

Daniel does not stop. This is what it means to overcome. You can never coast, you can never let down your guard, you can never just let things slide for a day or two. Overcoming is not a once in awhile thing, it is an all-the-time thing. Settle that within yourself right now.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

©️2009 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends

Last edited by Admin on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct url)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 15 Dec 2009, 1:51 am

December 13

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star" (Revelation 2:26-28).

Just as Jeremiah was set over nations and kingdoms, so we have received this authority also. We do not serve in a governmental capacity, but in a spiritual capacity, praying for the Kingdom and Will of God to come forth. Such prayer is very weighty and universal. It is beyond the earth, and so it moves the earth.

In addition to authority over the nations, we are given "the morning star". Christ is the Morning Star, the Heavenly Man, Who is higher than the nations and kingdoms of this world. The Morning Star gives Overcomers the heavenly authority which is beyond the influence of the earthly realm in which they must live.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Read the source article or post your comments. http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/to-him-that-overcomes.html
December 14

"For the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the Law of Sin and Death" (Romans 8:2).

Does a fish become a fish by swimming under the water, or does it swim under the water because it is a fish? Does it say to itself, "I am a fish, therefore, I must learn to act like a fish. I must remember to breathe through my gills and move my body back and forth." Absolutely not. Or what about a bird? Does a bird become a bird once it learns to fly through the air? Or does it fly through the air because it is a bird? Which is it? Of course, the bird is a bird, and therefore it flies. It does not have to be instructed per se, but when it is pushed out of the nest it flaps its wings. It is its nature to do so. So doing does not create being, doing flows out of being.

Now the Law of Life in Christ does not try to make us into something we are not. The very presence of the Life in us demonstrates that Christ already indwells us. We are not trying to be like Christ, and we are not trying to live like a Christian. Since we ARE in Him, we WALK in Him. Our works come from what we are, not what we are trying to be. We do not receive His Life so that we can work very hard to be like Jesus. That is like the fish having to remind itself that since it is a fish therefore it must swim. Or, like a bird having to keep telling itself through positive confession that it must remember to fly. Yet Christians keep reminding themselves, "Now that I am a Christian, I must remember to read the Bible, pray, and live a holy life. I must not forget to love my neighbor and smile no matter what happens." Can you see the problem here? With this mentality we cannot cooperate with the Life, because we would be depending on our life instead of His.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/the-law-of-life.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:58 pm

December 12

"[Jesus] said to them, 'When you pray, say: 'Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven'" (Luke 11:2).

This is a revolutionary act. It is praying for the establishment of a Kingdom and a Will in which Christ has the preeminence as All in All. In this Kingdom there is no room for any earthly government, ruler, or king. In this Will there is no room for any human agenda. We know Jesus is Lord, yet we do not see all things submitted to Him (Hebrews 2:8b).

So what do we do in the meantime? Overcomers do not just passively wait for Jesus to come back. They pray for His Kingdom to be established and for His Will to be performed. In this way they exercise power over the nations by preparing the way of the Lord. How? By raising up valleys, bringing down mountains, making the crooked things straight, and making the rough ways smooth (Luke 3:5,6). So this prayer is destructive in a natural sense, but constructive in a spiritual sense, for as the nations are decreased, Christ is increased (cf. John 3:30).

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Read the source article or post your comments

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 11 Dec 2009, 10:21 pm

December 11

"To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except the one that receives it" (Revelation 2:17b)."

The manna is HIDDEN and the name is SECRET. The Lord is doing a work, but that work is, for the most part, hidden and secret. If we are always looking for something out in the open and in plain view then we will miss the deeper workings of God below the surface.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 10 Dec 2009, 2:18 pm

December 10

"Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life... he that overcomes will not be hurt by the second death" (Revelation 2:10b,11b).

The Crown of Life comes to those who lose their life daily in order to gain His Life daily. Overcomers cannot be hurt by death because they have already died - not once, but thousands of times: taking up the Cross daily, denying Self, and following the Lord. Thus, the highest call is not to lay down our physical life as a martyr, but to lay down our Self life as a disciple. We can lay down our physical life in an instant, but to take up the Cross daily is the truest test, and much more difficult. It requires us to be "faithful unto death". This is the secret of the Overcomers.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Dec 2009, 11:51 am

December 8

"And has put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be the head over all things to the church" (Ephesians 1:22).

When we SEE an ever-increasing Christ Who is destined to fill all things then we will be delivered from smallness and narrow-mindedness. We do not overcome a thing by focusing our attention and directing our energies against that THING. "Things" will keep us busy from morning until night, and from night until morning. May God deliver us from "things" and show us His Son! We must learn to keep the focus of our heart on the Lord Jesus Christ, Who MUST increase. Then there is no room for "things" anymore. They are simply swallowed up in Victory.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

December 9

"Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Yours is the dominion, O Lord, and You exalt Yourself as head over all" (I Chronicles 29:11).

Many people write to me and ask how to deal with this thing or that, how to get the victory here or there. May I say that it does not matter what your need is, or what your problem is, the Answer is the same. Victory is a Man, not an experience. If you must fail a hundred, a thousand, or a million times in order to learn that lesson then it is worth it.

It does not matter whether you understand it, agree with it, believe it, or see it yet. Indeed, everything else seems to say the opposite. But you will see, just as I have seen, that Victory, Grace, Strength, Peace, Love, Light, and Life are not "things", they are Christ, and having the Man, you have everything the Man is.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 07 Dec 2009, 1:43 pm

December 7

"But [Stephen], being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, and said, 'Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God'" (Acts 7:55,56).

The ones who overcome are the ones who see Jesus afresh, who keep the Heavenly vision in front of them at all times. The surest way to be defeated is to get your eyes off the ONE THING and get them onto the "many things". The Spirit of Antichrist does not require you to bow down to satan, it only hopes to cloud your vision of Christ. The problem with the church today is that we lack this seeing of Christ. We have lost sight of Him, and in His place we have programs, church services, end-times predictions and interpretations, plus a million-and-one other things that all add up to "zero" without Christ. Even worse, we think those things ARE Him.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 06 Dec 2009, 2:36 pm

December 6

"We do not yet see all things put under Him" (cf. Hebrews 2:8).

Looking around outwardly at the Church, the world, and the creation, we do not see the preeminence of Christ. We hardly see it when we examine our own lives. Is Jesus really Lord? Is God truly sovereign? Indeed. He is working "all things after the counsel of His own Will" (Ephesians 1:11b). Obviously this is a progressive thing. He does not suddenly take over the universe, no more than He suddenly takes over each disciple. Children of God are not born fully grown, and Jesus is not building His Church in one day. Instead, He works slowly, almost imperceptibly, increasing and enlarging, gently leading, gradually revealing Himself in a thousand small ways.

!JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 05 Dec 2009, 2:01 pm

December 4

"In this manner, therefore, pray: 'Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name'" (Matthew 6:9, NKJV).

At once we are lifted up from the earthly situation and are made to focus upon a heavenly Father, a heavenly Kingdom, and a heavenly Will. I believe it is so important for us to see this. Prayer does not begin on the earth, it begins in the heavens. It does not begin with man, it begins with the Father. It does not begin with man's need, but with God's will.

Our praying is ineffectual because we pray as earthly men with an earthly perspective concerning earthly things. See how far and above this manner of praying is when compared to the hypocrite, praying in public to be seen of men! Prayer ought to bring us up into the heavenlies, not bring us down deeper into the earth. It ought to focus our vision on the Father, not on man, or the problems of man. Spiritual prayer begins in the Spirit; heavenly prayer begins in the heavenlies.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/whne-you-pray.html

December 5

"Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10, NKJV).

When we pray "after this manner" we are transported and elevated beyond flesh-and-blood, beyond the natural, beyond the earthly, beyond the seen-and-felt universe in which we live. We are at once brought into alignment with Someone larger than ourselves, Someone higher, Someone greater. This Someone has an agenda, and is working all things together in one accord towards this agenda. What is the agenda? It is the Will and the Kingdom. So what is the Will and the Kingdom? The Will is "all things in Christ" and the Kingdom is the fulfillment of that Will, when Christ has the preeminence. All of God's movements are towards this End.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/the-call-of-the-cross.html

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Dec 2009, 11:43 am

December 3

"For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. So then death worketh in us, but life in you" (II Corinthians 4:11,12).

The answer to why there is so little power and genuine spiritual fruit in the lives of those who follow Jesus is a simple one: they desire the Life of the Lord, but not His Death. They want a daily pouring out of the Lord's Life, but they shun the prospect of daily sharing in His Death. Why do we commit to teaching this in depth? Why do we belabor the point incessantly? Because the saints of the Lord are well instructed in living victoriously, being blessed, walking in power, overcoming the enemy, and living up to their potential. By comparison, the majority of them know next to nothing about self-denial, bearing their Cross, boasting in their weaknesses, being joyful in trials, winning by losing, gaining by giving up, working by resting, accepting both the bitter and the sweet as gifts from God, enduring hardness and accepting suffering. God desires to increase us and enlarge us; He therefore call us to go back to the Cross and start over again.

Christ says we must die in order to live; we must first take up the Cross before we are fit to follow Jesus. This is the call of the Cross. Who will accept it?

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 Dec 2009, 11:37 am

December 2

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me" (Galatians 2:20a).

Just as salvation is ours through faith by grace, and not of ourselves, so it is with living the Christian life. The difference between a defeated Christian and a victorious Christian is simply this: the former lives by his own power and asks for God's help and will almost as an afterthought, while the latter despairs of himself, lays down his life, and trusts Christ to live in his place, at all times. The Cross is how God accomplishes this task of bringing us to the end of ourselves. Then we can say, "Not I, but Christ."

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 02 Dec 2009, 8:59 am

December 1

"Without Me you can do nothing" (John 15:5).

Know that Christ is not here to help you become a better person, but to make you so weak in yourself and so sick of your own way that you can do nothing but trust in Him to do what you at last realize you cannot do. It does not matter if that something "we cannot do" is save ourselves, control our temper, get along with others, raise our children, or overcome a lustful habit. The course is the same. After many attempts and failures we at last realize we cannot, so we throw ourselves on the mercy of God and trust Him to do what we cannot do.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/the-call-of-the-cross.html

November 30

"But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world" (Galatians 6:14).

Unfortunately, salvation as preached today results not in death, but in "swooning". There is an ecstatic joy and the "near death experience" of a token surrender, but it is not real death. The convert merely changes his conduct, cries a few tears, yet he still lives. The outward deportment may be different, but he has not died. He commences to follow the Lord and fill his life with spiritual activity, but his many failures and shortcomings prove something is missing in his experience. What is it?

He knows the Cross only as something Jesus died on for him. The Cross does not represent his own death, but his Lord's death. It is seldom presented as anything other than the means of atonement and forgiveness of sins. Few realize it is the means by which we enter, as well as live, the Christian life.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Nov 2009, 11:48 am

November 29

"And he that takes not his cross, and follows after Me, is not worthy of Me" (Matthew 10:38).

It is unfortunate that after many years of service the Lord still has to call us back to the Cross, yet this is precisely where we should have begun. Although we ought to encourage people to come as they are and trust the Lord for salvation, we must also teach them that they must count the cost and take up the Cross: else they are not worthy of Jesus! God cannot fill us until He empties us. The Cross is where we are poured out that He may pour in.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 28 Nov 2009, 1:18 pm

November 28

"And he that takes not his cross, and follows after Me, is not worthy of Me" (Matthew 10:38).

Are you worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ? Hear what the Lord is saying here. "If you do not take up your Cross and follow Me, you do not deserve Me."

It is not merely a question of are we following Christ. The crux of the matter is, have we taken up the Cross? There is an order to this call to become disciples of Jesus Christ: first, we must take up our Cross; only then may we follow after Him. It is not, "first follow Me, and later take your Cross." The Cross is step one. Our taking up the Cross is basic to our following Christ, not something we are called to do after many years. The so-called "deeper Christian life" is but the normal Christian life. Anything less is abnormal. There is no greater depth to the Christian life but what God expects of all of us from the beginning. If we are getting any "deeper" it is only because we have hitherto been shallow. We must take our Cross and follow Jesus.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Nov 2009, 11:00 am

November 26

"Whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake shall find it" (Matthew 16:25).

Some will say, "I am willing to die now that I have followed." The person who knows the Cross says, "I am fit to follow now that I have died." Why is this important? Because Jesus knows that no human being is qualified to follow Him until they have first died. Jesus knows a man cannot live until he has died and been raised to life again. He therefore bids us to die right away, that He may raise us from the dead by His Indwelling Spirit and place us immediately upon the correct path.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

November 27

"Jesus looked around at His disciples, and said, 'How hard it is for those with riches to enter the Kingdom of God!' And the disciples were astonished at this saying. But Jesus repeated, 'Children, how difficult it is for those trusting in wealth to enter the Kingdom of God! I tell you the truth, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God'" (Mark 10:23-25).

The point is not that every disciple must be penniless. The point is that in this Kingdom, Christ alone has the preeminence, and you cannot serve two masters. Why are riches such a stumblingblock? It all relates to Self. For the rich man, Self is mostly represented in his riches. For the wise man, Self is mostly represented in his wisdom. For the good man, Self is mostly represented in his goodness. For the strong man, Self is mostly represented in his strength. YOU are your biggest obstacle to entering in. Why? Because there is no room in the Kingdom of God for Christ and Self. To leave the Kingdom of Self and enter the Kingdom of God is indeed a Narrow Path that few ever find.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/enter-the-kingdom.html

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 25 Nov 2009, 4:00 pm

November 25

"[Paul and Barnabas] strengthened the disciples and encouraged them to continue in the faith, saying, "We must enter the Kingdom of God through much tribulation" (Acts 14:22).

This does not sound like something which would strengthen and encourage young disciples. If Paul and Barnabas brought this message to some churches they would not be invited back. Our idea of overcoming is to avoid tribulation, not pass through it. We certainly do not connect entering the Kingdom with going through tribulation. We think having the victory means eliminating all tribulation. Nothing could be further from the truth.

In order to enter the Kingdom there must be an increase of Christ and a decrease of Self. This is an ongoing process, and by it we judge how far along the Path we have progressed. But how is Self decreased? We cannot do it by saying over and over, "I have to die. I have to decrease. I have to take up my cross." The more we try to decrease the more we are increased. Any attention we give to ourselves, even in an attempt to decrease ourselves, only serves to make us larger. So what is the answer? The answer is in our circumstances and trials. They are sufficient to decrease us. We need not do anything but wait for them to come, and see them as our opportunity to have Self decreased and Christ increased.

.JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Nov 2009, 5:36 pm

November 24

"I don't understand myself at all, for I really want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do the very thing I hate" (Romans 7:15).

There comes a day when we are so sick of our own way that we beg God to show us another way. Paul says the thing he wants to do he does not do, and the thing he hates is what he finds himself doing. We may think the solution is to focus on the problem, to stop doing the thing we hate, to clean up our act. But we eventually discover, like Paul, that the real problem is not what we DO, but what we ARE. We can confess the same sins over and over again, or we can take up the Cross and die to them all. The first approach deals with sins committed, while the second approach deals with the sinner.

Which do you think is more effective? Well, if the one who sins is dead then the issue of continued sinning becomes irrelevant. Hating sin is good; hating Self is better, and far more effective. For the strength of Sin is Self. If you take the ax to the root of a bad tree, then it will stop producing bad fruit, and the issue is settled once and for all. If Self is denied then Sin becomes superfluous, and the problem of Evil is solved.

[url=http://www.theschoolofchrist.org/articles/the-gift-of-holy-hatred.html ]JOIN THE DISCUSSION[/url]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Nov 2009, 12:15 pm

"The fear of the Lord is to hate evil: pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and perverse speech, do I hate" (Proverbs 8:13).

The one called "Wisdom" in Proverbs 8 is the preexistent Christ. We would all like a revelation of Christ that tells us something of His love, or power, or healing, or grace. Certainly that is all included in Christ. Yet this revelation of Christ - as the One Who hates evil, pride, and arrogance - is just as valid. Of course, such a disclosure may not be congruent with our idea of Jesus as meek, mild, and passive. But the purpose of revelation is not to substantiate our illusions, but to eliminate them; to show us the truth, and then to conform us to the truth we have been shown.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

©2009 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next