World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 1:57 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 1:44 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 1:32 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 12:59 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 12:28 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyYesterday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyWed 27 Mar 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Read And Know Your Bible EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Read And Know Your Bible

2 posters

Go down

Read And Know Your Bible Empty Re: Read And Know Your Bible

Post  Admin Wed 21 Jan 2009, 3:31 pm

An excellent post thank you Zerich.
I was about 35 years old and ignorant of the bible other than to know of the Jesus story of him dying on the cross for the sins of the world, unfortunately never being told the complete truth that we have to accept this free gift.
Thankfully on my convertion I was in a church which offered morning afternoon and evening bible studies and was encouraged to read and pray asking God to reveal to me from what I was reading his truths, and not to take just what I had learned from them.
This put me in good stead of examining anything that I heard.
I must admit skipping through the book of numbers for example when reading alone and couldn't wait to get to read the other books, amazingly one night when I was going through a storm of life once again, which I had prayed about many times, I prayed and asked God to speak to me on the matter I went downstairs picked up my bible and just opened my bible where my eyes came upon numbers I thought Oh Lord Not numbers! I didn't think there was any answer for me there in all those begats, but being obedient to God I began to read from the page that I opened, and my eyes was drawn to a verse, there was the promise from God. Numbers 23:19
"God is not a man, that He should lie, Nor a son of man, that He should change his mind; Has He said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

So if we want to hear from God then there is this importance also of reading His word to us, where he will either bring to our rememberance something we have read or draw us to a scripture from His word to speak through to us.

Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Read And Know Your Bible Empty Read And Know Your Bible

Post  Zerich Tue 20 Jan 2009, 8:47 pm

The Supremacy of Scripture
2 Timothy 3:13-17

We Need to read the Bible daily and to carry it to church on Sunday. I give that advice because scriptural knowledge is vitally important. You cannot adequately defend the faith unless you know God's Word.

False teachers will use faulty interpretation and half-truths to lure believers to their way of thinking.I see, and read about this being done nearly everyday. The prime targets are Christians with no firsthand knowledge of Scripture--men and woman who listen to sermons but do not study for themselves. According to Jesus' explanation of His seed parable, these are people without roots (Luke 8:13). In contrast, the seeds in good soil hold fast to the Word (v. 15). A believer's roots must be sunk so deeply into Scripture that no false ideology can squeeze through. In spite of the world's claims, truth is not a matter of interpretation.

Believers have a responsibility to guard against error. In fact, John went so far as to encourage his flock to shut out anyone who preached a message different from Christ's (2 John 10). He saw no need to greet deceitful teachers. Note his advice, all you who think good manners require listening to misguided religious people at your door. It's appropriate not to be their audience. Your task is to hold fast to God's truth.

Deception will reach your ears from many sources. You must be able to identify falsehood quickly to prevent error from taking root and strangling your growing faith. Study biblical principles so that you can confidently proclaim, "I know the truth because I have read it for myself."

Zerich

Back to top Go down