World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Jul 2020, 9:39 am

July 10

Today's Reading: Job 41; Acts 16:22-40

Today's Thoughts: Signs of Today or Eternity?

He [Jesus] answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red'; and in the morning, 'It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. Matthew 16:2-3

Jesus understood how much the weather plays a part of our daily lives. He spoke about discerning the face of the sky, trying to predict the day’s events. Just think about how much we know today from the weather channel, newspapers and computers. We have local and remote forecasts available in an instant, unlike in Jesus’ day. And just as we have advanced in understanding the weather, we also have advanced in understanding the signs of end times. Our lives can change as a result of a natural event, and our eternity is shaped by being tuned in with the signs of end times.

Do you live your life for today or for eternity? Everything we live for here will burn some day, but our soul has a choice to burn in the fire or live in the presence of the light of Jesus. In a moment, the weather can change completely. It is the same with our lives. Today, pick up the Bible and read something in Revelation or find a book that can update you with the signs of end times. Until I studied the book of Revelation, the thought of reading it frightened me. That fear is gone because the love of God is even so evident in the book of Revelation. He wants all to come to Him and He has made a way for all to understand.  Ask the Lord for discernment to understand. We can never be sure of the future outcome of the weather, but we can know the outcome of our eternity.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 17 Jun 2020, 8:17 pm

June 17

Today's Reading: Nehemiah 7; Acts 3

Today's Thoughts: Learn From Him

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Psalm 32:8-9

We have all we need when we truly understand what God has provided for us through His Holy Spirit. Many times we run to our families, friends and counselors for instruction or guidance. Many times we search horizontally for guidance when the Lord in His mercy and grace has told us to come to Him. By learning from Him, we can avoid a lot of unnecessary hurts, sins and problems.

There was a long period of time when my mother and I were inseparable. We spent our days together and truly enjoyed each other’s fellowship. One day, the Lord spoke so clearly to me that He desired to change the relationship. We have similar gifts and callings, and His desire was for us to minister to others, not just to each other. Instead of trusting the Lord, I told Him that I couldn’t do it and He would have to do it. Two years later, the Lord did intervene and our relationship changed. Both of us were very hurt and both of us needed to cling to the Lord each day to learn a new way of life. In the midst of that change, the Lord gave me this verse to hold on to. I knew that I would need counsel and instruction. I did not want to run to a new friend to fill the void and I did not want to sin against the Lord during this time of very uncomfortable change because I had known this was His will for years.

The Lord did do a new work in both of us. She and I are in separate ministries, teaching the gospel of Christ. God had His way. We both struggled to let each other go, but in the depths of our hearts we have seen good fruit, eternal fruit, by submitting to God. If you are struggling with a relationship of which you know God is speaking to you about, trust Him. Come to Him for instruction and counsel. He will give you the desires of your heart if you truly turn to Him. Change is scary but the Lord promises to watch over you, lead you and help you as you chose to come to Him. He will fill that void. In His council, you will receive peace and in time, He will give you understanding.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 16 Jun 2020, 11:54 am

June 16

Today's Reading: Nehemiah 4; Acts 2:22-47

Today's Thoughts: Miracles

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”  John 14:12

Does God work miracles today, or did all miracles cease with the last of the apostles? This is a question that has occupied theologians for many years. I counter with my own question: "Is God dead?" A miracle is a supernatural happening. If God is still alive and still working, then there will be supernatural happenings. Therefore, the days of miracles cannot be over.

Salvation is a miracle. The rich young ruler, who came to Jesus seeking the way of salvation, finally went away sorrowful. Jesus turned to His disciples and said, "It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." The puzzled disciples replied, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus answered, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:23-26).

If a miracle is achieving something that is humanly impossible, then salvation is a miracle because it is humanly impossible for man or woman to save himself or herself. So to say that the days of miracles are over would be to deny that people can be saved today. Let’s thank God that the days of miracles are not over; He is still in the business of working miracles.

Do you believe that God is the same today, yesterday and forever? If so, then pray for the impossible and believe that Jesus is still working miracles today. Put your faith in action and ask the Lord to use you in amazing ways.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 15 Jun 2020, 9:07 pm

June 14

Today's Reading: Ezra 9; Acts 1  

Today's Thoughts: Times and Seasons

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which the Father hath set within His own authority. Acts 1:7

A close friend of mine was recruited to go to Iraq. The Navy told him that he would be in Iraq from six to eight months. He communicated with us via email and it was evident from his emails that it did not matter how long the Navy said he would be there, he was taking each day as it came—praying that another day would come for him. There were days that he was not sure if he would make it.

We think that knowing the dates, times and seasons would help us to focus. Jesus instructed us that it is not for us to know those things. If the disciples knew that Jesus would not return until after 2000 years, I am sure their focus and convictions would have been different.

For my friend, his focus could not be fixed on staying alive to return to his family. Instead, he said that he focused on the tasks that he was equipped to do for the Navy and for the purposes of Americans. The times and seasons did not matter as much as his focus for the day. That is what Jesus is asking of us today. Live a life that is fixed on Jesus each day. He has equipped us through His Spirit and asked us to do a work for the purposes of God. Those purposes include prayer, fellowship, reading the Word and loving others. It does not matter when He will return if we stay busy with the things He has asked us to do until He returns.

My friend was in Iraq for exactly seven months. The Navy told him one afternoon that he would be leaving for home that night. No advanced notice, no time to call home—just time to go. Jesus' return for us will be the same. It is not about the times or seasons but about each day. Pray that you can keep your eyes fixed on the Author and Finisher of your faith, knowing that at any day, we will soon be going home to Him too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 13 Jun 2020, 10:06 pm

June 13

Today's Reading: Ezra 6; John 21

Today's Thoughts: More Than Imaginable

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25

Verse 25 is the last verse in the Gospel of John, and what a great way to end this wonderful book. John is basically saying that it would be impossible to record every single one of the "things" that Jesus did while here on earth. John only knew Jesus for three years! My mind struggles to comprehend such amazing works but my heart rejoices in knowing that Jesus is that awesome. Jesus spent three years in full-time ministry, and from studying the Gospels, it is clear that He was all about His Father's business. Jesus spent His time doing the things He was sent to do. Jesus is our only true example of living a life sold out to God. Everything He did had one main purpose: to glorify His Father. One cannot glorify God and live a selfish life at the same time.

Often people will ask us questions that involve God's will for their lives; they want to know how to be used by God, they want to make sure that they are doing His will and pleasing Him. How can they be sure they are doing all God wants? We hear these questions and concerns frequently from people who truly desire to fulfill the calling God has on their lives. Many times, however, people are looking for a more awe-inspiring, spiritual answer than we can give. The answers are all in the Bible. God's Word is our living handbook for how to please God and live for Him. Once we learn of His ways, then we begin to learn how to apply His ways to our lives. Just studying the Gospel of John gives us more revelations of who Jesus is and what He did than we can even fully grasp. The world could not contain the books it would take to write everything down. Think about the magnitude of that statement.

For us today, there are a couple of things we need to take from this verse. First and foremost, we must know that Jesus was and is God. He was not just a good man who had a powerful ministry. No man could do what He did. Only God could do miracles beyond what the world could even record. Secondly, for us to do the things God has called us to while here on earth, we must learn from our Teacher. Jesus demonstrated for us how to live a life completely sold out to God. And He has given us His Holy Spirit to teach, lead and guide us today to live a life pleasing to God and in the center of His will. Start reading the Gospel of John today and commit to reading it from beginning to end. You will begin to get a greater understanding of what verse 25 is really saying. Pray that you fall in love with the Lord Jesus and that you glorify His name with your life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Jun 2020, 6:02 pm

June 12

Today's Reading: Ezra 3; John 20

Today's Thoughts: The Power of Prayer 

Then the prophet Haggai and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophets, prophesied to the Jews who were in Judah and Jerusalem, in the name of the God of Israel, who was over them. So Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and Jeshua the son of Jozadak rose up and began to build the house of God which is in Jerusalem; and the prophets of God were with them, helping them. Ezra 5:1-2

The Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, king of Persia, to send some of the Jews out of Babylon and back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. “Then the heads of the fathers' houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, with all whose spirits God had moved, arose to go up and build the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem” (Ezra 1:5). But once they arrived, adversaries rose up against them and many threats and distractions were used to thwart their work. How often do we encounter such distractions when trying to do God’s work? Our adversary prowls about seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8) and doing whatever he can to stop our progress in the Lord.

What the people needed, God provided. Zerubbabel and Jeshua needed support and strength. They got it from the prophets whom God raised up to help them. Haggai and Zechariah prophesied in the name of the God of Israel with His power on their lips, a power that brought the others back to work. For us, that power is in the prayers of others. We have the Holy Spirit and God’s Word to strengthen and sustain us. But, we also need prayer intercessors in those times when we feel weak and worn out, especially when the adversary seems to be coming after us.

Take time today and pray for those you know who are working for the things of God. Leadership and ministerial Christians are often on the front lines of battle where distractions are constantly interfering in their lives. Pray for them. If you are one of those on that battle line, do not hesitate to ask for prayer when you feel weak and weary. We have Jesus. We have His Word and we have His Holy Spirit, but He has also given us His body of believers to lift each other up in times of trouble. Prayer is a tool we need to use everyday—not only for ourselves, but also especially for those on the spiritual frontlines.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 10 Jun 2020, 8:30 pm

June 10

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 34; John 19:1-22

Today's Thoughts: Letting Go Is Hard

I am the LORD your God. You shall have no other gods before Me. - >Exodus 20:2-3

Corrie Ten Boom once said that she learned to hold on to things loosely because it hurt too much when God pried them away. There are many things in our life that we get attached to: our work becomes our identity, our homes become our personality, our children become our goals. Sometimes it is hard to know who we were before these things came in and took over our lives. Where do I end and these things begin? When God challenges us on our priorities, it is difficult to truly understand what He is doing.

Because I work in the ministry, it gets confusing at times to separate my walk with the Lord from my work in the Lord. Recently, I have fallen in love with the plans of a ministry that truly helps people and honors God. I received His promises and His revelation of how to get the ministry started. Then, out of the blue, I had the sense that He wanted me to give the ministry to someone else to do. He used me to get the ministry going, but now He wanted me to let it go and not feel that I must do the work for Him. It was hard to let go because that ministry had become a key part of my life. How do you let go of something that God placed in your heart to do, so that you can honor God by not doing it?

We have to remember that nothing is ours. We are just stewards entrusted with the Master's gifts. Our calling is to be obedient. Our hearts are to have nothing above Him, including His ministries. We are to align ourselves up with Jesus, to rest at His feet and to have a relationship with Him. Jesus wants you, not what you can do.

Lord, thank You that You don't want my attention divided. I am sorry that I fall in love with the work to a point of missing Your will. Help me to walk in Your paths and stay in step with Your call. You have given me everything I have and I give them back to You. Be glorified in me. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm

June 9

Today’s Readings: 2 Chronicles 32; John 18:19-40

Today’s Thoughts: The Arm of Flesh               

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 

Hezekiah was a king who helped focus God’s people back to the pure and true worship of God. He restored the temple, tore down the high places built to other gods, reinstated God’s feasts and celebrations and was known as a king who led people to celebrate the one and only true God. But now, another nation came up to war against him. Hezekiah knew that this other king had the strength and ability to overcome the Israelites in battle. This king also caused a lot of conflicts for King Hezekiah.

Hezekiah could have just surrendered to the fear caused by the tactics and overconfidence of the king of Assyria but he didn’t. Instead, Hezekiah started building up his military defenses, working hard on repairing broken parts of the walls around the city and making more weapons. Then he spoke the words of these verses that encouraged the people. These words, however, were not just bursts of intimidation as with the king of Assyria, but came from a heart of passion and purpose from the Lord. By verse 20 of the story, Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah were crying out to the Lord, knowing that He has the power to fight the battle for them. And He did. Verse 22 says, “So the LORD saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others. He took care of them on every side.”

We worship a God who takes care of us on every side. It was good that Hezekiah prepared for battle, but it was better that Hezekiah prepared His heart to turn to the Lord. The arm of flesh is limited. We need to be prepared to fight as we use the weapons God has given us. The strongest weapon is a tender heart that knows the Scriptures and how to turn to the Lord on our knees. No battle is too great for the Lord.

If you are in a situation today in which you need to see the Lord on your side, get on your knees and start asking for help. God is waiting to show His power no matter what circumstance you are facing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:57 pm

Daily Disciples - June 8 2020
June 8

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 30; John 18:1-18

Today's Thoughts: The Master Builder

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Corinthians 5:1

I had an opportunity to watch as the first side (panel) of a new building was put in place. The sides of the building were made of concrete and steel. I learned that the foundation of the building was laid first, then the sides were actually placed on top of the foundation. Each panel was engineered and laid out on the ground first, then lifted off the surface foundation and raised up on its side. To say the least, the size of the crane to do this kind of work was awesome. I was told that this particular crane could move up to 300 tons in one lift. The panels were massive in size and weight, but the crane seemed to move them about effortlessly. Within a few hours, the first outside walls of the building were affixed in their places.

As I looked upon this awesome structure, the Lord reminded me of Who made the materials that went into that building. The Lord of heaven and earth created all things and oversees all things that take place here on earth. I reflected on some basic truths about God and me in relation to Him. Buildings made with man's hands can and will be destroyed, regardless of their size and strength. Our physical bodies are to be considered buildings that house our souls and spirits; and they, too, can and will die at some point, regardless of how healthy we try to be. The only building that will remain is the one God builds–"a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." This is the building we should be the most concerned about.

How much time and energy do we put into our earthly buildings? Whether they are the buildings that house our souls or the buildings that house our bodies, we all live within some sort of frame. And regardless of how strong and powerful they seem to be, there is One who handles them all as though they were but dust. Our focus today should be on the Master builder, the One who made each of us in His image. God is the One who created all things and will be the One who determines what happens to all things, even us. For those of us who believe in His Son, Jesus Christ, we have an eternal building prepared for us in heaven. Let's spend some time today working on our spiritual life, not just the physical. Spend some time today with the Master builder.

June 9

Today’s Readings: 2 Chronicles 32; John 18:19-40

Today’s Thoughts: The Arm of Flesh               

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 
Hezekiah was a king who helped focus God’s people back to the pure and true worship of God. He restored the temple, tore down the high places built to other gods, reinstated God’s feasts and celebrations and was known as a king who led people to celebrate the one and only true God. But now, another nation came up to war against him. Hezekiah knew that this other king had the strength and ability to overcome the Israelites in battle. This king also caused a lot of conflicts for King Hezekiah.

Hezekiah could have just surrendered to the fear caused by the tactics and overconfidence of the king of Assyria but he didn’t. Instead, Hezekiah started building up his military defenses, working hard on repairing broken parts of the walls around the city and making more weapons. Then he spoke the words of these verses that encouraged the people. These words, however, were not just bursts of intimidation as with the king of Assyria, but came from a heart of passion and purpose from the Lord. By verse 20 of the story, Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah were crying out to the Lord, knowing that He has the power to fight the battle for them. And He did. Verse 22 says, “So the LORD saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others. He took care of them on every side.”

We worship a God who takes care of us on every side. It was good that Hezekiah prepared for battle, but it was better that Hezekiah prepared His heart to turn to the Lord. The arm of flesh is limited. We need to be prepared to fight as we use the weapons God has given us. The strongest weapon is a tender heart that knows the Scriptures and how to turn to the Lord on our knees. No battle is too great for the Lord.

If you are in a situation today in which you need to see the Lord on your side, get on your knees and start asking for help. God is waiting to show His power no matter what circumstance you are facing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 05 Jun 2020, 11:21 pm

Daily Disciples - June 5

June 5

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 23; John 15

Today's Thoughts: Are You in His Flock?

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.” John 10:1-3

Jesus began speaking to His listeners with a metaphor that was familiar to them. The sheepfold was usually an enclosure made of rocks with an opening for the door. The shepherd (or watchman) would guard the flock at night by lying across the opening. It was common that several flocks could be sheltered together in the same fold. A group of shepherds would share the responsibility at night allowing each other to sleep in their own beds. The system was like a night shift rotation. In the morning, the shepherds would come through the door or gate and assemble their own flocks, just by their voices. Thieves and robbers could not walk through the gate so they would climb in over the walls, attempting to steal the sheep. But the sheep would not follow them because the sheep would not recognize the stranger's voice. Jesus describes the thieves and robbers as coming to steal, kill and destroy.

During Jesus' time, there were professional religious men (the Pharisees and Sadducees) who were only interested in the people for their own personal advantage. They were more concerned with perfecting themselves according to their own standards and trying to make everyone else feel guilty for not matching up. That is not Jesus. As a good shepherd, He develops a relationship with His sheep so that He knows them by name, calls them personally and leads them. The sheep's responsibility is to welcome, listen and follow the shepherd. The relationship is easy and the burden is light. There is also the sense of security and peace in being protected by the Shepherd. 

We need to realize that the responsibility of our life and death is in the hands of Jesus. We do not need to carry our own burdens as an attempt to help Jesus. The Good Shepherd knows that it is His responsibility to take care of the sheep, just as the mechanic knows that the car can't fix itself. We are protected eternally with Jesus for He alone is the Author and Perfecter of our faith. He began a good work in us and He will be faithful to complete it. The responsibility is on Him. There is peace with Jesus as our Shepherd, our Savior. Our responsibility is to hear His voice and follow Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 04 Jun 2020, 10:27 pm

Daily Disciples - June 4

June 4

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 21; John 14

Today's Thoughts: A Place for Us

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 14:1-3

In John 14, Jesus has become a friend to His disciples, as well as their Teacher and Lord. They have been with each other for three years but Jesus is now saying goodbye. Jesus gave them this message to calm them and to focus them upward instead of inward and outward. Although He is heading to the cross, His focus is on comforting them. Verse One could be translated, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust and believe in God even though you cannot see Him, so trust also in Me when you can no longer see Me." Jesus then continues to explain to the disciples that His task at hand while He is away is to prepare a place for them. The Lord wants them to know that He is coming back for them, but in the meantime, He has some very important things to do for them and for us too.

There is more to life than what meets our eyes. We need to fix our eyes and our actions toward heavenly things, for heaven is a real place. Heaven is mentioned often in Scripture: Matthew 6:9 says that heaven is where God dwells (and Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father), First Peter 1:4 calls heaven an inheritance, Second Peter 1:11 describes heaven as a kingdom, Isaiah 66:1 says heaven is where God reigns on His throne and John 14:2 calls heaven, home. It is home for God's children. A "place prepared" in Greek means rooms or abiding places.  Some of us think it means a palace for Billy Graham and a shack for the person who accepts Christ on his deathbed. But that is wrong. Jesus Christ is preparing a place for all His saints and every such place will be beautiful.

Life is not a dress rehearsal; our troubles, pains, tears and even our actions will all count when we get to heaven. Jesus told us about heaven so that we would know there is more than just the pain we experience here on earth. He wants us to believe and trust Him with our troubles. For James 1:12 says, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." And where will we receive that crown? Aplace prepared in heaven called home!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 03 Jun 2020, 6:14 pm

Daily Disciples - June 3 2020
June 3
Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 19; John 13:21-38

Today's Thoughts: In His Time

Yet the chief butler did not remember Joseph, but forgot him. - Genesis 40:23

When Joseph gave the dream interpretations for both the butler and the baker, he requested that the butler tell Pharaoh about him, hoping that the king would release him from prison. When the butler was restored to his position again serving the king, he forgot to mention Joseph to him. No doubt Joseph was disappointed at being forgotten. Can you imagine how it would feel to be in prison for a crime you did not commit and then to be overlooked by the one person who could put in a good word for you? Joseph endured a great deal of anguish through his trials but he remained steadfast as the Lord continued to grant him favor.

How often do we overlook the good deeds of those around us? Have you ever promised to return a favor but for some reason never really did it? When we are in trouble or need help, we tend to pledge whatever someone wants in return for helping us. This bargaining is not always a requirement or necessity for getting help, but it often comes in times of desperation. Have you ever prayed so hard for God to answer a prayer that you vowed something back to Him in return? God is gracious in how He answers such prayers, as most of us can never keep our end of the bargain.

Joseph made a sincere plea to the butler who was about to be set free. "But remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house" (Genesis 40:14). God had a different plan for Joseph as to how he would be set free from prison, a plan that would bless his life and his family's lives in amazing ways. God has a plan for you as well. Pray against discouragement in your circumstances and ask the Lord to give you peace as you wait on His perfect timing. God is sovereign and always knows what is best for us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 02 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

Daily Disciples - June 2

June 2

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 17; John 13:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Endurance to the End

"For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:" Hebrews 10:36

I turned off my computer and saw a couple of fingerprint marks right in the middle of my screen. I pulled my shirt sleeve over my hand and began to rub the screen. The marks were still there so I used a paper towel and the marks were still there. I grabbed a dish towel and rubbed some more. They were still there but were beginning to fade. I hate to admit it but my wrist began to tire and I had to stop for a moment. I worked diligently for several more minutes to get the fingerprints off my screen. Normally I would not associate this type of task with the word "endurance" but in this case, it took a while to clean my screen. It seems like such a small thing in the big picture. But, in the midst of these kinds of tasks, I sometimes hear the Lord quietly say to me, "Be faithful in (and keep working on) the little things."

We grow in our walk with the Lord by persevering in the day-to-day tasks that require our patience and endurance. The hardest tests of endurance are often disguised as the monotonous tasks in life. I must admit that I seriously considered just how badly I wanted my computer screen clean. Would I settle for just enough to get by, or would I keep going until the spots were gone completely? Sometimes I think that we are faced with the same question when God begins working on our “spots”. Will we persevere with Him? Do we have the endurance to keep going through the hard times?

The writer of Hebrews mentions more than once our need for endurance. We "have need of endurance" to ultimately receive the promises of God. I wonder how often we get to the edge of the promise land and stop walking. There was a reason the Lord kept telling Joshua to go in and take the land that had been given to them. It took endurance and perseverance to keep walking, to keep taking one day at a time, and to stay focused on the goal. From fingerprint smudges to promise lands, the test for each one of us is whether or not we will keep working until the task is finished. The Lord is so good to give us the goal, and He will lead us every step of the way. However, we must be willing to not only step out but also to keep on stepping forward.

Has the Lord given you a glimpse of the promise land He has for you? Do not stop moving towards it. Pray for endurance and perseverance. The training often comes in the little tasks of the day. Take every opportunity to see a job through to its completion and learn how to lean on the Lord for support and guidance. You never know when the day will come that you take that first step into your land of promise.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 10 May 2020, 4:15 pm

Daily Disciples - May 10
May 10

Today's Reading: 2 Kings 10; John 1:29-51

Today's Thoughts: Just Believe

Jesus answered and said to him, "Because I said to you, 'I saw you under the fig tree,' do you believe? You will see greater things than these." John 1:50

What does it take for you to believe? For some, we want the small things like a peaceful day. For others, we want our bodies healed. And for others, we want God to appear to us and give us direction on what to do next. All of these requests fall on the lines of appeasing our flesh. Our flesh doesn’t want to struggle or guess; we want clarity, peace and a life that is pain free. But that is why many do not believe.

At times, God does perform these kinds of miracles, but God doesn’t need to prove He is God as much as we need to prove we believe He is God. Despite how we feel, what we see or how we think, “Without faith, it is impossible to please God” (Hebrews 11:6). Faith goes beyond the senses to a deep understanding and knowing that He is God in the midst of a hassled day and in the hurts from life’s circumstances. Faith is believing without seeing.

The Lord asks us today, “Do you believe?” If the answer is yes, He will spiritually open your eyes to see in faith what He has for you. He might not show you through a burning bush or through an earthquake, but it is that still small voice that will testify within your spirit His will and ways for you. Sometimes He says, “Wait.” Other times He will say, “Go.” But every time, the Lord Jesus Christ will say, “Just believe.” He knows what is best. Trust Him today with that issue you want to see God work through so badly. Give it to Him. Lay it down at His feet. Just believe and you will see greater things than these.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 Apr 2020, 4:25 pm

Daily Disciples - April 27
Apr 27
COMMENTS
April 27

Today's Reading: 11 Kings 1; Luke 19:28-48

Today's Thoughts: Back to Egypt?  

Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, And rely on horses, Who trust in chariots because they are many, And in horsemen because they are very strong, But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, Nor seek the Lord! Isaiah 31:1

A reference to going back to Egypt is made often in the Old Testament. The Israelites spent over 400 years in Egypt. Much of their time in Egypt consisted of hard labor and enslavement. They cried out to God and He answered their cries. The book of Exodus describes their departure from this life of bondage as Moses led the way. But, as soon as they encountered trials on their journey, the people were quick to want to go back to Egypt and return to their old way of life. Why would anyone want to go back to a life that was filled with bondage and suffering? Because they at least knew what to expect and sometimes, that is more comforting than having to face the uncertain future.

Isaiah 31 says, “Woe to those who go down to Egypt” and who are looking for help in places outside of the Lord. The same is true for us today. As Christians, we have God’s Holy Spirit who is our Helper and our Comforter. Trials and hard times are inevitable in our lives because we live in a fallen world that brings sorrows and pains. Though we will be tempted at times to give up and to go back to our familiar territories, we must press on towards the upward call of Christ Jesus. Do not put your trust in the strength of men or money or worldly power, but put your trust in the Lord. Turn your eyes to Jesus and He will lead the way.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 26 Apr 2020, 9:22 pm

Daily Disciples - April 26
Apr 26

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 23; Luke 19:1-27

Today's Thoughts: Careful in Counsel

They continually say to those who despise Me, 'The Lord has said, "You shall have peace" '; And to everyone who walks according to the dictates of his own heart, they say, 'No evil shall come upon you.' "For who has stood in the counsel of the Lord, And has perceived and heard His word? Who has marked His word and heard it? Jeremiah 23:17-18

Jeremiah was a prophet called by the Lord to give His message to the people. Unfortunately, the message from God was not good news. The Lord told the people of their impending destruction and captivity. His words were severe and too hard for them to accept. In contrast to Jeremiah's prophecies, others proclaiming to be prophets told the people not to fear, that they would have peace. These false prophets used the Lord's name to declare their worthless predictions, and the people chose to believe the false prophets instead of Jeremiah. But these so-called prophets had no relationship or counsel with the Lord God Almighty. They would be held accountable before the Lord for their actions as they blatantly deceived the people.

This message applies to us today as well, especially when we speak on behalf of the Lord. We must be sure that our counsel or encouragement to others has been prayerfully taken before the Lord. We must stand in the counsel of the Lord and hear from Him before we offer counsel or advice to anyone else. This message is not only critical to those of us in ministry roles, but also true for any Christian who truly desires to help others. We must realize our responsibility before the Lord. When someone is hurting while going through difficult trials, our human response is to comfort and encourage them. But we also must be in prayer for them and ask the Lord to give us His wisdom in how to help. If we are not standing before the Lord, then our words may give false hopes or assurances that are not of the Lord. They could end up placing their hope on our words instead of God's Word.

Regardless of how little or often you counsel others, make sure you heed the words of these verses and take everything to the Lord first. Whether in ministry or other roles, our hearts as Christians will desire to help others, but we must always recognize our inadequacies. Only God knows what He is doing with people and we must walk with Him daily to know how He wants to use us to help them. If we are not careful, just as in Jeremiah's day, we can do far greater harm by offering hope and assurances that are not of the Lord. Take everything to Him in prayer and ask Him to give you Scriptures for any counsel you may give. Always stand on the Word of God. And when in doubt, pray for the self-control to listen instead of speaking.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 25 Apr 2020, 9:33 pm

April 25

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 21; Luke 18:24-43

Today's Thoughts: Emotions

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:8-9

To bear fruit in horrific circumstances takes the ability to separate ourselves from those circumstances. We have to learn to pull ourselves out of the situation to see it from God's perspective, instead of our own. It takes discipline and self-control to live for the Lord despite the situations and events in our lives. Many times, I have had to say, "Ok, God is powerful and has the ability to change these circumstances if needed. God is wise and has the ability to give me the wisdom to deal with these circumstances if needed. God is loving and knows what I need better than I do." When I can apply these three attributes of God: powerful, wise and loving, to my circumstances, I am able to trust God in all situations and events and thus, able to bear fruit in spite of them.

The same thing is true for our emotions. The way we feel can hinder us from doing the will of God and bearing fruit. Our emotions can clearly impact our actions. Here are some examples:

·         If we do not feel like cleaning the house, we will not do it even if it needs to be done.

·         If we do not feel like being nice today, we will not be nice even though the consequences will linger beyond the day.

·         If we are led by our emotions, we will do or not do what we feel like doing. But in order to bear fruit and stay in the will of God, we need to be able to separate ourselves from our feelings and do what God has called us to do in spite of our selves.

To pull ourselves out from the circumstances, we can remind ourselves of the attributes of God. To pull ourselves out from our emotions, we need to be in the Word of God. We have to claim verses as promises to keep us focused on doing things that please Him, even if it does not please our emotions at the time. It is in praying for self-control to maintain a steadfast life that brings Him glory. Every day and every decision counts. Choices we make today matter forever. Keep sowing those seeds of righteousness and in time, you will reap a healthy harvest.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 24 Apr 2020, 11:37 am

Elaine, go through a personal revival!

Isaiah 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

I love to study past revivals and in studying them, there are two recurring themes that stand out:

First, that He has often used obscure and unknown individuals to lead revivals, and that even these men whom He used so powerfully never considered themselves to be "special", but often wanted to stay out of the limelight.

And secondly, I haven't read a story about a revivalist who did not first go through a personal revival himself! Revivals were not sparked until these men went through a season of personal desperation and yearning for the fire of God – and only after this season were they used of the Lord to change their generation.

How does this speak to us, obscure, unknown individuals? It shows us that a true and deep hunger for God can grow into a significant and powerful calling on our lives -- a specific mission which God Himself will empower! It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, old or young, educated or uneducated -- each of us has a potential destiny to accomplish great things for the Kingdom of God! But in order to go on and do those awesome works in His name, we need to be in a state of revival!

Elaine, let us pursue after our own personal revival! We're alive for such a time as this -- to be spirit-filled vessels of revival to this lost and dying world! Press in, press on, and go forth in His Power...because there is so much work to be done!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries is happy to announce that after years of labor and prayer to this end, Worthy News and Worthy Devotions are now available for churches and ministries, FREE of charge and FREE of advertising through our new syndication network! If you are interested, please visit Worthy Plugins.

Editor's Note: Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 8:40 pm

Daily Disciples - April 23
Apr 23
COMMENTS

April 23

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 16; Luke 17:20-37

Today's Thoughts: Nothing Can Separate Us From His Love

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

How do you respond to sudden changes in circumstances that did not result to your advantage? Examples such as when your car suddenly breaks down, your vacation leave does not get approved, your kids get sick the day you had something planned or you lose your cell phone. I have found that there are two main reactions we can have:

God, I am so sorry. I will seek You now. What do You want from me?

God, what did I do wrong? I thought You loved me.

Both cover each end of the spectrum. If we don’t walk with the Lord daily, we blame the incident on ourselves and feel guilty. If we do walk with the Lord, we feel abandoned by Him and question His character.

Jesus told us that the rain falls on the just and the unjust alike, meaning that a change in circumstances can happen to all of us. However, the problem comes when we choose to lose our perspective of who God is in the process. God wants us to love Him and enjoy His fellowship. He never stops loving us. We can face any change in circumstance better if we include the Lord in the problem, instead of blaming Him for the problem. Next time something suddenly changes pray, “Lord, help me to stick with You through this and please cause this to work together for good.” Nothing can separate us from His love so we shouldn’t separate ourselves from Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Mar 2020, 9:26 pm

March 27

Today’s Verses: Judges 1; Luke 4:1-30

Today’s Thoughts: Verses vs. Voices

"The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written:" 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" Luke 4:9-12

Many times my mind taunts me with thoughts like “If you are really God’s child, then why doesn’t He do this for you?” or “If God has really given you this spiritual gift for the body of Christ, why aren’t you any good at it?” Over and over, I hear thoughts that make me feel guilty or condemned and insecure in my Christian walk. I know the Word of God and yet, my mind doesn’t seem strong enough to just stay focused on the verses to overcome the voices. In essence, Satan attempts to discredit us just like he tried with Jesus. Satan said to Jesus, “If you are the Son of God”… prove it!  These are the same kind of words we as believers hear in our heads too. We question if we are really saved, we question God’s ability to use us and we question that the promises given to us in His Word are really for us today. In other words, we find ourselves testing the Lord’s ability to save us, protect us, use us and speak to us; thus, saying to Him, “Prove it.”  But Jesus didn’t do that.

Jesus confidently used the Word of God to attack Satan’s use of the Scriptures directly. It is amazing that the Living Word of God (Jesus) quotes the Written Word of God (the Bible) to attack the words of the enemy.

Lately, I have been struggling with a trial that I have failed in the past. The circumstances and people have changed but the trial is the same. I felt myself heading down the same path as in the past. Crying out to the Lord, I said to Him, “OK, Lord, I’ve been here before and have lived through the consequences of failing this test. I know that You have been faithful regardless of my faithlessness. I know that You love me and You have every right to test my heart and try my motives to see which way I will go. Lord, I choose You. I choose to not test You or question You in this. I know that Your promises will come to pass and You don’t have to prove anything to me.” With that prayer, I knew that the temptation to fail had been lifted. Jesus is our example as He was tempted in the same types of trials (with different circumstances and people) but overcame them all.  We, too, can overcome the taunting voices of the enemy to live a life pleasing to God by staying on His side and by fighting His way using His words.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 25 Mar 2020, 1:22 pm

March 25

Today's Reading: Joshua 19; Luke 2:25-52

Today's Thoughts: Not of Works, But of Faith

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17

Martin Luther struggled with the book of James because he felt that the book discredited grace. After he, himself, tried to work so hard to prove his own faith, Luther came to the conclusion that salvation is by grace alone. He also realized that even our works are an act of God's grace. Verses like those above stumbled him because earlier in his life he tried to earn his salvation and to prove his faith through works, instead of grace. It is not works that save or justify or affirm your faith; it is a result of your faith that you desire to work for the things of God. When Luther ended up exhausted, burned out and lacking peace in his works, then he let faith be his guide to do what God called him to do. The Reformation is a result of his faith, not of his work. The Reformation resulted as a work of God through the faith of Martin Luther.  

As the Bible says, God causes all things to work together for good. Today, there are countless churches and denominations reaching the world through the means and convictions that God has placed on each one's heart. God works through movements in His churches, but His works are still accomplished through individuals.   That work is a result of the outpouring of love we have for the Lord. His burden is easy and His yoke is light. Titus 3:5 says "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us," meaning that we do works of righteousness but those deeds are a result of God's mercy, saving us and then working in us through faith. Today, allow the Lord to develop and strengthen your faith. Rest in His saving mercy and He will accomplish His work through your faith.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Mar 2020, 10:47 pm

March 24

Today's Reading: Joshua 16; Luke 2:1-24

Today's Thoughts: The Promised Land

But there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes which had not yet received their inheritance. Then Joshua said to the children of Israel: "How long will you neglect to go and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers has given you? Joshua 18:2-3

Joshua led the children of Israel into the Promised Land. He led them in battles against the existing nations in the land God promised them. The Lord continued to bless the Israelites in victories as they continued to take more territory, just as He had promised. In the beginning, their faith was strong. But as years passed, there was still the need to drive out the other inhabitants from their own allotted territories. Seven tribes hesitated to go forth and take their inheritance. The gift lay before them, so why the delay? Why did Joshua have to force them to go forward and take their gift?

Maybe they were afraid of being on their own for the first time. Maybe they were afraid of the unknown. Maybe they just did not know what to do with their own land. What about us? How many times do we neglect to receive the gift that God is giving us? We pray and pray for something and then one day, God answers our prayer. But the answer involves stepping out in some way, maybe having to do it alone. We can see the answer clearly before us, but we hesitate to go forth. Maybe we are afraid, just as the Israelites were. Maybe we are more comfortable just praying for something instead of actually receiving it. Are we always ready for the change that can come when we pray for things?

I pray that I don't miss out on what God has for me. I pray for more faith when those fears creep into my thi

nking. I pray for wisdom to know how to pray for those things that will involve changes in my life. Think about these verses today and how they apply to your life. Is there something you are neglecting to possess? God has a life of promise lands for each one of us. Don't let fear or hesitation keep you out of them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 2:03 pm

March 23

Today's Reading: Joshua 13; Luke 1:57-80

Today's Thoughts: Physical Infirmity

You know that because of physical infirmity I preached the gospel to you at the first. And my trial which was in my flesh you did not despise or reject, but you received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. - Galatians 4:13-14

The Galatians were just one of the churches that Paul started on his missionary journeys. They were Gentiles who converted to Christianity, all because of Paul’s passion to preach and teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, Paul was able to preach the gospel despite his own physical infirmities. Speculation as to Paul’s true afflictions (i.e. his thorn in the flesh) have been debated and discussed by many theologians, but Paul does not give specifics or details that draw attention to his weaknesses. He, instead, uses them as a means to give glory to God. In our weakness, God is strong.

How often do we allow our physical ailments to bring glory to God? It seems that the most concerning issues receive the most attention and prayer, and we are more than ready to seek the Lord’s guidance in those cases. Life-threatening diseases are often wonderful opportunities to bear witness of God’s awesome power, regardless of the path. But what about the day-to-day annoying ailments? A headache can make many of us cranky all day. A cold gives us just cause to be cranky for a longer period of time. What happens to our witness in those times? Do we give the daily annoyances to the Lord in prayer or do we let them rule our flesh? Paul knew how to give everything over to the Lord and he did not let those things stop him; he used them to further his mission for Jesus Christ.

Remember today that God is in everything that happens in your life. No matter what ails you, God is with you. He will use your afflictions to bring Him glory and to bless you and others. Sometimes God does the greatest work through our weaknesses and pain, but that only happens when we take our eyes off ourselves and put them on Jesus. Try putting your focus on the Lord instead of your pain, and let His Holy Spirit be your strength in weakness.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 12:25 am

March 22

Today's Reading: Joshua 10; Luke 1:39-56

Today's Thoughts: Missing the Lord

You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

Have you found yourself all alone at times? Your home may be filled with people and your schedule jammed packed with events but you feel all alone. Why is that? I have come to find myself in that place frequently. I really believe that the loneliness is a result of understanding the companionship with the Lord. Only Jesus can fill our cups, only Jesus can be our source of fellowship, and only Jesus can love us in the way that brings rest and peace to our souls. After knowing what it is to have true fellowship with the Lord, nothing (and no one) can take His place. When I find myself alone in a crowded room, I realize that I’m missing Jesus. He has not left me, for He promises to never leave me nor forsake me. Instead, the emptiness is a result of not finding time to be alone with Him.

Frequently in the Bible, Jesus spent time alone with His Father. He knew that He needed that uninterrupted time alone in prayer and fellowship. If Jesus needed time alone with God, how much more do we? The Lord promises that in His presence is fullness of joy. Having experienced that joy, we long for quality time alone with Him. Once we have tasted of the Lord, we know that nothing else tastes as sweet.

Ask the Lord to help you find time every day to be alone with Him. He hears our prayers and He desires to have fellowship with us. Jesus has made a way for us to come to Him freely. He will make a way for us to walk with Him daily if we are truly seeking Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 21 Mar 2020, 9:47 pm

March 21

Today's Reading: Joshua 7; Luke 1:21-38

Today's Thoughts: Success in God’s Rest

"I will feed My flock, and I will make them lie down," says the Lord GOD. Ezekiel 34:15

Often times, there is nothing I would rather do after eating a good meal than to lie down. But, instead, I think of all of the things that need to get done. I keep myself going using food as the energy source to fuel my activities. I used to believe that this busy lifestyle was just a part of the American way and that to be successful, one must stay productive. After dedicating my time to God's Word instead of to keeping up with our society's ideas, I began to realize that God has a different definition of success. The Lord says that He will feed us and He will make us lie down. He wants us to rest!

Does God want us to stop working and stop being productive in our lives? No. A healthy balance of work and recreation are essential to our overall well-being, but when the work or activity takes control of our lives, we have a problem. Our society is filled with sick people at many levels. We are sick from stress, from bad diets, and from all kinds of unhealthy habits. Where does our Lord fit in to our lives? Where are His provisions in these things? Maybe we have ignored His warnings telling us to slow down and to come spend time with Him. How long can we keep going at a pace that excludes His Word and His rest?

Our God knows us well. He created us. He knows that He has to make us lie down or we will just keep going. Just know that our Lord will do whatever it takes to get us to stop and pay attention to Him. A life that goes along with the world's activities will face serious troubles until the Lord brings you back to Him. God knows what is best for you. Trust Him to feed you and give you rest. Today is the day to seek the Lord, repent and turn back to Him. Maybe you need to eat a good meal at His table, then lie down and spend that time just talking to God. Give Him your stress and your troubles and let Him be your God. He will give you rest. He will make you whole. And then you will find the true success He has for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum: