World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 16 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 16 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 09 Aug 2020, 9:44 pm

August 9

Today's Reading: Psalms 77; Romans 10

Today's Thoughts: Talk About Jesus

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in?  And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard?  And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can they preach unless they are sent?  As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"  But not all the Israelites accepted the good news.  For Isaiah says, "Lord, who has believed our message?"  Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ. - Romans 10:14-17

There are a lot of misconceptions about evangelism.  First, evangelism means to share the good news of Jesus Christ.  It is as easy as sharing your story (or testimony) of how Jesus Christ changed your life.  No one can argue with your own personal story, and you do not need to know any Scripture verses to share your story.

How do I witness or tell someone else about Jesus?  Well, there are three things that everyone loves to talk about: themselves, their work and their kids.  I start asking tons of questions about each of these three things, to let them talk. After they have shared about themselves, they usually ask me something about myself. Before answering, I pray silently to the Lord for the right sentence to direct the conversation to Christ. I want to use all that the person has shared in a way to lead the conversation to the Lord. God has always honored my desire to witness. He has always given me the words and I have seen the fruit. I have seen many people (complete strangers) come to Christ in a variety of places, from hospital beds to airplanes, and even on the phone to an operator in another state who was helping me make a hotel reservation!

People need Jesus. I believe that so firmly that I share Jesus with everyone I can. Jesus wants people to come to Him. We are the bridge between Jesus and the lost (through the Holy Spirit). A long time ago, I learned that it is better to say the WRONG thing than to say NOTHING at all. The Holy Spirit will use anything to minister to a heart, but the words have to be spoken for Him to use them. The Holy Spirit needs two things from each of us: a face and a voice. Paul said, "faith comes from hearing the message" and how will anyone hear without someone telling them? (Romans 10:17)

Tell the world about Jesus, starting with one person at a time. Be sure you ask them, "Do you want to pray with me right now to come to know Jesus?" You will be shocked by how many say, "Yes, I do."  And remember, God blesses obedience, not results.  Be obedient to share the gospel and leave the results to God.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Jul 2020, 7:56 pm

July 24

Today's Reading: Psalms 35; Acts 25

Today's Thoughts: Blessings of the Faithful

“And Jacob called his sons and said, "Gather together, that I may tell you what shall befall you in the last days….” Genesis 49:1

Jacob was at the end of his life. He had the opportunity to tell his sons what would happen to each of them in their future before “he drew his feet up into the bed and breathed his last, and was gathered to his people” (Genesis 49:33). Jacob prophesied, or spoke forth the future of their tribes, to his sons, who are the heads of the twelve tribes of Israel. Genesis 49:28 says, “All these are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is what their father spoke to them. And he blessed them; he blessed each one according to his own blessing.”If you read the words that Jacob spoke, they were very insightful and discerning, but are his words really a blessing?

The definition of blessing is to speak well of someone, to impart good favor and to endow prosperity on someone. We use the word “blessing” as a way to make someone happy. Even in the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5, Jesus starts each sentence with “Blessed are they that…” (KJV). The word “blessed” is defined as “to be well off, happy, fortunate.”  Each person described in Matthew 5, from a worldly perspective, is not someone that seems highly favored or happy today. Who wants to “mourn, be poor in spirit, be meek or be persecuted?” In addition, if we read the words that Jacob spoke to some of his sons (like Reuben, Simeon and Levi), we would not define them as words of blessing. Personally, I would not have wanted to hear those last words from my father on his death bed.

So what are some other definitions for blessing as illustrated from Jacob’s last words in the Old Testament? Hebrews 11:21 describes Jacob’s very last act of blessing his children as his supreme act of faith. Jacob believed that God used his words to speak forth His truth concerning the future of his sons. For parents, blessing our children is an act of faith in which we trust them to God. We also bless our children by discerning God’s talents and spiritual gifts and then, we release them to fulfill God’s purpose in their lives. Even if the words are so truthful that they are interpreted as piercing the heart instead of blessing the heart, we have to remember that the truth sets us free. By embracing the truth and asking forgiveness, we are blessed by being made alright through the grace and mercy of the Lord. There is no greater blessing than the covering of Jesus’ blood which sets us free from sin and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.  How “blessed” is the man who trusts in Him (Psalm 84:12).

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jul 2020, 4:47 pm

July 23

Today's Reading: Psalms 33; Acts 24

Today's Thoughts: Facing the Giants Today

David said to Saul, "Let no man's heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth." - 1 Samuel 17:32-33

I remember learning the story of David and Goliath in Sunday school. As a child, I tried to picture the scene of this teenager going up against this scary, mean giant. How big was Goliath in comparison to David? Where did David get such courage to even think he could defeat him? All of the odds were against David. He had no experience, no armor, no weapon, and no one fought alongside him. Who was he kidding? But David had something far more powerful than physical stature, experience or weapons: he had faith in his God. 

Do you ever feel like you are in the midst of a battle where the odds are stacked against you? Or maybe you see the giants, hear their taunts and decide to flee and hide out, as opposed to standing up to them, as the Israelites did before David arrived? Today, we are all in a battle and there is one clear enemy. Make no mistake about this fact: “your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Satan will use whatever tactics he can to get to us, to frighten us, and to keep us from fighting back. He will play tricks on our minds so that we see giants that are not real. He will deceive us into believing that we have no ability to win. One of the best tools Satan has against us is fear.

Fear keeps us from facing the giants. Fear keeps us from ever achieving victory because we are afraid and run from the battle. Fear becomes our own trap of despair, depression and disillusionment. So often, the battle takes place in our own minds with giants conjured up in our thoughts, but we must understand that this is not God’s will for us.

Where did David get his courage? He believed in his God, the God of Israel. He believed in all that he had been taught about God, and he had witnessed God’s faithfulness and protection in his own life. And on this day, he was willing to put his faith to the test. David took a huge step of faith, depending completely on the Lord to save him. With one sling of one rock, the giant fell. For us, today is our day of victory. Today is the day to face the giants in our lives. In faith we step out, stop running, stop hiding and stop believing the lies of the enemy, Satan.  In faith, we face the enemy head on and we claim victory in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. He has fought the battle and won, on our behalf, but we need to step out, stand up and sling the rock. Victory is ours in Christ.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jul 2020, 8:57 pm

July 22

Today's Reading: Psalms 31; Acts 23:16-35

Today's Thoughts: Before You Set Out

When the cloud remained over the tabernacle a long time, the Israelites obeyed the LORD's order and did not set out.  Sometimes the cloud was over the tabernacle only a few days; at the LORD's command they would encamp, and then at his command they would set out. Sometimes the cloud stayed only from evening till morning, and when it lifted in the morning they set out. Whether by day or by night, whenever the cloud lifted, they set out. Whether the cloud stayed over the tabernacle for two days or a month or a year, the Israelites would remain in camp and not set out; but when lifted set out.Numbers 9:19-22 (NIV)

The words “set out” are so prevalent in this section of Scripture. When God commanded, the Israelites set out in obedience. If God did not command, the Israelites stayed encamped. Jesus said to His disciples in Matthew 16:24, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.”  As believers, we are commanded to follow Jesus. Many times we act as if God should be following our desires, our goals and our agendas. Jesus doesn’t follow us. He commands us to be obedient and follow Him. We have the presence of the Lord dwelling within us. We can be led like the Israelites by watching for His lead and listening to His voice through the Word of God.

There are times He tell us to “go” and there are times He tells us “to be still and know that He is God.” Following Jesus leads us to the tops of mountains as well as through the valley of Baca. But He is there, leading and guiding and loving us through it. We will learn to weep with Him as we see things that hurt His heart and rejoice with Him as we embrace the things that bring Him joy. One thing is for certain, He will never leave you or forsake you. Our tendency is to be tempted to leave Him, never the other way around.

Today, be sure that you spend time in His word, listening for His counsel and ask Him to help you follow His lead. Make His footsteps your pathway as you turn to Jesus throughout the day in obedience before you set out.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Jul 2020, 8:24 pm

July 21

Today’s Reading: Psalms 29; Acts 23:1-15

Today’s Thoughts: God’s Wall of Fire
‘’’For I,' says the LORD, 'will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'" - Zechariah 2:5

Living in southern California is an adventure of sorts, from the surf to the desert to the mountains and so much activity in between. One of our chief blessings is the consistently nice weather. Not too hot, not too cold, usually the temperature is just the right balance for most people. However, we do have our challenges from the weather—drought, dry winds and firestorms. I personally have witnessed two devastating firestorms, the last one dangerously close to my home. I literally could see the fires blazing as the tips of the flames seemed to stretch higher with each gust of wind. It is a terrifying and awesome sight, so mesmerizing and powerful. These events remind us of how powerless we are to control the forces of nature.

Today's verse describes "a wall of fire", amazing, powerful and yet protective, not destructive. God's wall of fire encloses around us to keep us in His presence. God's wall of fire burns with the power of His glory in our midst. What a sight (or thought) to behold! Fire is used in the Bible to describe God's presence, a consuming fire of holiness. For us, we are to revere God's presence for His holiness and perfection, but to also take comfort in knowing that He is that fire of protection around us.

When I walk the beach or gaze upon a mountainside, I am reminded of God's indescribable creative power. He is truly an awesome God. His hand of protection is always upon us. His love is evident in everything around us. Take time today and reflect on the beauty of God's glory. Ask the Lord to show you things you have never seen before, maybe you will get a glimpse of His wall of fire and His glory in your midst. Spend time intimately with the Lord and you will find that you pay less attention to things that truly do not matter to your life. May He fill you with His love, joy and peace.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Jul 2020, 10:01 pm

July 20

Today's Reading: Psalms 26; Acts 22  

Today's Thoughts: What Is There to Fear?

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

My dog Buddy is a consistent source of insight and amusement in my life. For you animal lovers, you know what I am talking about. God's creatures are simply unique and amazing in wonderful ways. My dog is all of those things to me and I am amazed at how the Lord teaches me certain messages through Buddy. For example, my husband and I had taken Buddy out to some property where deer and coyote roam freely. Buddy was quick to take off, running through weeds so high that all I could see is the white tip of his tail. He crawled through a barbed-wire fence, jumped over a creek, and dragged himself through thickets and brush that left him covered with briars. He was in heaven, loving every minute of his excursion, and without a care of any danger seemed to enter his mind. Later that evening when we got home, I heard Buddy whimpering outside near the back door. I thought he was hurt or that something was wrong with him. What was wrong? There was a twig lying on the concrete and he was afraid to step over it.

One minute my dog was walking through the jungle with no fear; the next, he was whimpering over a twig. Why? Because his fear was based on something unknown and unfamiliar to him, though we know that a twig is far more harmless than plowing through rattlesnake weeds out in the country. How often do we allow fear of something harmless to stop us in our tracks and keep us from going forward? How often does the Lord look at us and think we look ridiculous (as I did of Buddy)? We so often let the fear of the unknown keep us from having all that God has for us.

Do you have fears in your life that stop you in your tracks? Are you consistently afraid of the unknown? Sometimes we are far more comfortable in dangerous places just because we are familiar with them. Let's be willing to be uncomfortable sometimes and let the Lord truly lead us. The Lord tells us to trust Him and to step out in faith. The Lord promises to protect us, regardless of where we go with Him. Just as I was watching Buddy closely, just in case that twig jumped up at him—the Lord is always watching out for us too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Jul 2020, 5:12 pm

July 19

Today's Reading: Psalms 23 Acts 21:18-40

Today's Thoughts: The Valley

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. - Psalm 23

Psalm 23 is an awesome promise from the Lord, so personal to each of us. God is our Good Shepherd and He knows all about us. He knows that by restoring us back to Him, we will be willing to be led down His path of righteousness. At times, those paths will lead us through valleys of the shadow of death. Most of us hate those paths. Even though the Lord is holding us by the hand, oh, how we resist! It is hard to acknowledge that the God of love is truly leading us through the dark, scary valley. We may even want to blame such terrible circumstances on everything and everyone else instead of submitting to God ourselves. In time, however, we will see that it was only by going through the valley of the shadow of death that the Lord could help us break hurtful habits and behaviors, so that we can receive His peace and rejoice in His love.

Ask the Lord today to reveal any areas of your heart that need restoration. Do you feel dull or numb in certain areas of your life?

Tell the Lord about those places in your heart where you sense frustration and barrenness.

Ask Him to restore them back to Him. Restoration is not always just about life's obvious issues; it can be very much about life's less recognized ones.

Take your time to really read through Psalm 23 (again) and listen to the Lord's impressions on your heart. The Word of God is the most powerful Word you will read or hear today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Jul 2020, 8:35 pm

July 15

Today's Reading: Psalms 13; Acts 19:21-41

Today's Thoughts: Seek God’s Wisdom

The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand,  any who seek God. - Psalm 14:2

Do we understand the ways of God? Understanding God is different than believing in God. To understand means that we can come into alignment by acknowledging the decisions God makes on our behalf. We do not have to agree with the decision but because we understand that God's ways are higher than ours are, we can yield to Him. At that point, we show our trust in His ways as we continue to seek and submit to His will.

As a parent, I have been challenged to explain "why" I am making a certain decision. If my decision pleases my children, no discussion is necessary. However, if I disagree, I am sought out to discuss and debate why my choices did not match their hearts' desire. As a parent, I have the right to make final decisions as much as I have the right to explain or not explain the factors that went into making those decisions. My children then have the right to agree or disagree with my decisions but what a joy it is when they understand and accept them as is.

God wants a relationship with us. As our Heavenly Father, He knows what is best for us. He is more than willing to reveal Himself to those who seek Him. God does not want us to just believe in Him but to understand Him as well. God has not hidden Himself from us. He has given us His Son, Jesus, His Word, and His Spirit.

The Spirit of God intercedes for us, convicts our hearts and leads us into all truth. We have the opportunity to seek God and to find Him. But we also have the ability to understand Him as we continue to choose to read the Bible, pray and submit to the circumstances that He has allowed us to encounter in our lives.

If you are struggling with understanding why God is allowing certain circumstances to continue in your life, seek Him for wisdom. James 1 tells us that anyone who is lacking in wisdom should ask God for it because God will give liberally to all that ask. But when God answers, believe that answer and do not doubt. Doubting only leads us to becoming double minded. Double mindedness is a worse state than questioning God's decisions in the first place. And remember, God is looking down from Heaven to see if we understand and seek after Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Jul 2020, 9:56 pm

July 14

Today’s Reading: Psalms 10; Acts 19:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Our Teacher

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27 

Jesus tells His disciples in John 16 that when He goes away He will send a Helper, His Holy Spirit. “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth…” (John 16:13). When we accept Jesus into our hearts, we are immediately indwelled by His Holy Spirit. We believe, then, wereceive. One of the biggest attacks Christians face today comes from an enemy telling us that we have no real power, no victory, and no hope. In John 8:44, Jesus describes our enemy: “He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is perfect in every way. He cannot lie. He cannot deceive. He is holy and righteous beyond our understanding. His promises are true. His faithfulness reaches to the heavens. When He says that we have His Holy Spirit, then we must believe in faith that we have an abiding relationship filled with His love and power. He promises that no eye has seen, nor ear has heard, nor has entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Do you believe Him today? Do you want to know more about the things of the Lord? As a child of God, saved and sealed for the day of redemption, you have the anointing of the Holy Spirit who will teach you all things. Let today be the day that you start learning about these things. How to start? Read His Word and study it. Pray and ask for the things you want to learn about. Ask questions that you want answered. Get up every day with an attitude of faith and do not allow the enemy to tempt you with his lies. Maybe it is time for you to go back to school…and what a great Teacher you have! And the best part…He will only give you open book (the Bible) tests.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm

July 13

Today's Reading: Psalms 7; Acts 18

Today's Thoughts: Speak Without Fear

Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city." Acts 18:9-10

I am encouraged when reading statements like these. Paul was known as a man with such boldness and never-ending endurance. He spoke before kings and started churches. He was persecuted and beaten but continued to sing praises. We read that his body had the brand marks of Jesus Christ and yet, this verse allows us to look into his heart. Paul was scared.

I would guess that not many people would know that Paul needed this kind of encouragement. Paul obviously knew that his fears stemmed from his speaking, which led to him being attacked and hurt. God knew what Paul needed to keep going. The Lord assured Paul to continue, to not quit, but to speak, and then calmed his fears by saying that no one would attack him to hurt him. God knows just what we need to hear. God knows just how much each of us can take. And God knows how to assure us, comfort us, encourage us and motivate us to continue.

Are there fears you are dealing with today? Are you struggling with thoughts of quitting or stopping? God knows your heart and He can minister to you at the deepest level. Allow His Holy Spirit to minister to you today. Open His Word and listen as He speaks to your heart. Then, go and speak as He leads you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Jul 2020, 8:48 pm

July 13

Today's Reading: Psalms 7; Acts 18

Today's Thoughts: Speak Without Fear

Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city." Acts 18:9-10

I am encouraged when reading statements like these. Paul was known as a man with such boldness and never-ending endurance. He spoke before kings and started churches. He was persecuted and beaten but continued to sing praises. We read that his body had the brand marks of Jesus Christ and yet, this verse allows us to look into his heart. Paul was scared.

I would guess that not many people would know that Paul needed this kind of encouragement. Paul obviously knew that his fears stemmed from his speaking, which led to him being attacked and hurt. God knew what Paul needed to keep going. The Lord assured Paul to continue, to not quit, but to speak, and then calmed his fears by saying that no one would attack him to hurt him. God knows just what we need to hear. God knows just how much each of us can take. And God knows how to assure us, comfort us, encourage us and motivate us to continue.

Are there fears you are dealing with today? Are you struggling with thoughts of quitting or stopping? God knows your heart and He can minister to you at the deepest level. Allow His Holy Spirit to minister to you today. Open His Word and listen as He speaks to your heart. Then, go and speak as He leads you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Jul 2020, 11:24 pm

July 12

Today’s Reading: Psalms 4; Acts 17:16-34

Today’s Thoughts: Both Near and Far

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.Isaiah 7:14

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
We read this prophecy written thousands of years ago and understand that the fulfillment was Jesus, as it is quoted again in Matthew 1:22, testifying to the virgin birth of Jesus as prophesied by the prophet Isaiah.

However, there was also a closer fulfillment of that prophecy as we read in Isaiah 8:3, “So I approached the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. Then the Lord said to me, ‘Name him Maher-shalal-hash-baz’.” The prophecy for us is about the virgin birth of Jesus, but it was also immediately about this prophetess having a son as a sign to the people during Isaiah’s time. This verse is an example of near and far prophecy. “Near” to Isaiah but also predicted “far” for us.

Prophecy still works like that in our lives today. There are prophecies that have near and far fulfillments. As we read the Scriptures, we know that those verses were placed in the Bible for a set time and place. But, those same verses pop out to us as verses that we can claim for our own lives. How does that work?

God’s Word is alive and His Word has the ability to reach through all places, settings, times and events. His Word is as applicable and real to us and for us today as it was when written. I have seen near and far fulfillments in verses for myself. Many times, I receive a verse (or promise) from the Lord for the circumstance I am currently facing, and then years later in my life, I see the Lord further fulfill that verse in a new way.

God wants to speak to you and He does that by prophesying through His Word. Claim those verses but then relax. If God said it to you, He will fulfill it….again and again…both near and far.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Jul 2020, 9:39 am

July 10

Today's Reading: Job 41; Acts 16:22-40

Today's Thoughts: Signs of Today or Eternity?

He [Jesus] answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red'; and in the morning, 'It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. Matthew 16:2-3

Jesus understood how much the weather plays a part of our daily lives. He spoke about discerning the face of the sky, trying to predict the day’s events. Just think about how much we know today from the weather channel, newspapers and computers. We have local and remote forecasts available in an instant, unlike in Jesus’ day. And just as we have advanced in understanding the weather, we also have advanced in understanding the signs of end times. Our lives can change as a result of a natural event, and our eternity is shaped by being tuned in with the signs of end times.

Do you live your life for today or for eternity? Everything we live for here will burn some day, but our soul has a choice to burn in the fire or live in the presence of the light of Jesus. In a moment, the weather can change completely. It is the same with our lives. Today, pick up the Bible and read something in Revelation or find a book that can update you with the signs of end times. Until I studied the book of Revelation, the thought of reading it frightened me. That fear is gone because the love of God is even so evident in the book of Revelation. He wants all to come to Him and He has made a way for all to understand.  Ask the Lord for discernment to understand. We can never be sure of the future outcome of the weather, but we can know the outcome of our eternity.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Jun 2020, 8:17 pm

June 17

Today's Reading: Nehemiah 7; Acts 3

Today's Thoughts: Learn From Him

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Psalm 32:8-9

We have all we need when we truly understand what God has provided for us through His Holy Spirit. Many times we run to our families, friends and counselors for instruction or guidance. Many times we search horizontally for guidance when the Lord in His mercy and grace has told us to come to Him. By learning from Him, we can avoid a lot of unnecessary hurts, sins and problems.

There was a long period of time when my mother and I were inseparable. We spent our days together and truly enjoyed each other’s fellowship. One day, the Lord spoke so clearly to me that He desired to change the relationship. We have similar gifts and callings, and His desire was for us to minister to others, not just to each other. Instead of trusting the Lord, I told Him that I couldn’t do it and He would have to do it. Two years later, the Lord did intervene and our relationship changed. Both of us were very hurt and both of us needed to cling to the Lord each day to learn a new way of life. In the midst of that change, the Lord gave me this verse to hold on to. I knew that I would need counsel and instruction. I did not want to run to a new friend to fill the void and I did not want to sin against the Lord during this time of very uncomfortable change because I had known this was His will for years.

The Lord did do a new work in both of us. She and I are in separate ministries, teaching the gospel of Christ. God had His way. We both struggled to let each other go, but in the depths of our hearts we have seen good fruit, eternal fruit, by submitting to God. If you are struggling with a relationship of which you know God is speaking to you about, trust Him. Come to Him for instruction and counsel. He will give you the desires of your heart if you truly turn to Him. Change is scary but the Lord promises to watch over you, lead you and help you as you chose to come to Him. He will fill that void. In His council, you will receive peace and in time, He will give you understanding.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Jun 2020, 11:54 am

June 16

Today's Reading: Nehemiah 4; Acts 2:22-47

Today's Thoughts: Miracles

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.”  John 14:12

Does God work miracles today, or did all miracles cease with the last of the apostles? This is a question that has occupied theologians for many years. I counter with my own question: "Is God dead?" A miracle is a supernatural happening. If God is still alive and still working, then there will be supernatural happenings. Therefore, the days of miracles cannot be over.

Salvation is a miracle. The rich young ruler, who came to Jesus seeking the way of salvation, finally went away sorrowful. Jesus turned to His disciples and said, "It is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." The puzzled disciples replied, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus answered, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" (Matthew 19:23-26).

If a miracle is achieving something that is humanly impossible, then salvation is a miracle because it is humanly impossible for man or woman to save himself or herself. So to say that the days of miracles are over would be to deny that people can be saved today. Let’s thank God that the days of miracles are not over; He is still in the business of working miracles.

Do you believe that God is the same today, yesterday and forever? If so, then pray for the impossible and believe that Jesus is still working miracles today. Put your faith in action and ask the Lord to use you in amazing ways.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Jun 2020, 9:07 pm

June 14

Today's Reading: Ezra 9; Acts 1  

Today's Thoughts: Times and Seasons

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which the Father hath set within His own authority. Acts 1:7

A close friend of mine was recruited to go to Iraq. The Navy told him that he would be in Iraq from six to eight months. He communicated with us via email and it was evident from his emails that it did not matter how long the Navy said he would be there, he was taking each day as it came—praying that another day would come for him. There were days that he was not sure if he would make it.

We think that knowing the dates, times and seasons would help us to focus. Jesus instructed us that it is not for us to know those things. If the disciples knew that Jesus would not return until after 2000 years, I am sure their focus and convictions would have been different.

For my friend, his focus could not be fixed on staying alive to return to his family. Instead, he said that he focused on the tasks that he was equipped to do for the Navy and for the purposes of Americans. The times and seasons did not matter as much as his focus for the day. That is what Jesus is asking of us today. Live a life that is fixed on Jesus each day. He has equipped us through His Spirit and asked us to do a work for the purposes of God. Those purposes include prayer, fellowship, reading the Word and loving others. It does not matter when He will return if we stay busy with the things He has asked us to do until He returns.

My friend was in Iraq for exactly seven months. The Navy told him one afternoon that he would be leaving for home that night. No advanced notice, no time to call home—just time to go. Jesus' return for us will be the same. It is not about the times or seasons but about each day. Pray that you can keep your eyes fixed on the Author and Finisher of your faith, knowing that at any day, we will soon be going home to Him too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 13 Jun 2020, 10:06 pm

June 13

Today's Reading: Ezra 6; John 21

Today's Thoughts: More Than Imaginable

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. John 21:25

Verse 25 is the last verse in the Gospel of John, and what a great way to end this wonderful book. John is basically saying that it would be impossible to record every single one of the "things" that Jesus did while here on earth. John only knew Jesus for three years! My mind struggles to comprehend such amazing works but my heart rejoices in knowing that Jesus is that awesome. Jesus spent three years in full-time ministry, and from studying the Gospels, it is clear that He was all about His Father's business. Jesus spent His time doing the things He was sent to do. Jesus is our only true example of living a life sold out to God. Everything He did had one main purpose: to glorify His Father. One cannot glorify God and live a selfish life at the same time.

Often people will ask us questions that involve God's will for their lives; they want to know how to be used by God, they want to make sure that they are doing His will and pleasing Him. How can they be sure they are doing all God wants? We hear these questions and concerns frequently from people who truly desire to fulfill the calling God has on their lives. Many times, however, people are looking for a more awe-inspiring, spiritual answer than we can give. The answers are all in the Bible. God's Word is our living handbook for how to please God and live for Him. Once we learn of His ways, then we begin to learn how to apply His ways to our lives. Just studying the Gospel of John gives us more revelations of who Jesus is and what He did than we can even fully grasp. The world could not contain the books it would take to write everything down. Think about the magnitude of that statement.

For us today, there are a couple of things we need to take from this verse. First and foremost, we must know that Jesus was and is God. He was not just a good man who had a powerful ministry. No man could do what He did. Only God could do miracles beyond what the world could even record. Secondly, for us to do the things God has called us to while here on earth, we must learn from our Teacher. Jesus demonstrated for us how to live a life completely sold out to God. And He has given us His Holy Spirit to teach, lead and guide us today to live a life pleasing to God and in the center of His will. Start reading the Gospel of John today and commit to reading it from beginning to end. You will begin to get a greater understanding of what verse 25 is really saying. Pray that you fall in love with the Lord Jesus and that you glorify His name with your life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Jun 2020, 6:02 pm

June 12

Today's Reading: Ezra 3; John 20

Today's Thoughts: The Power of Prayer 

Then the prophet Haggai and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophets, prophesied to the Jews who were in Judah and Jerusalem, in the name of the God of Israel, who was over them. So Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel and Jeshua the son of Jozadak rose up and began to build the house of God which is in Jerusalem; and the prophets of God were with them, helping them. Ezra 5:1-2

The Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus, king of Persia, to send some of the Jews out of Babylon and back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple. “Then the heads of the fathers' houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, with all whose spirits God had moved, arose to go up and build the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem” (Ezra 1:5). But once they arrived, adversaries rose up against them and many threats and distractions were used to thwart their work. How often do we encounter such distractions when trying to do God’s work? Our adversary prowls about seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8) and doing whatever he can to stop our progress in the Lord.

What the people needed, God provided. Zerubbabel and Jeshua needed support and strength. They got it from the prophets whom God raised up to help them. Haggai and Zechariah prophesied in the name of the God of Israel with His power on their lips, a power that brought the others back to work. For us, that power is in the prayers of others. We have the Holy Spirit and God’s Word to strengthen and sustain us. But, we also need prayer intercessors in those times when we feel weak and worn out, especially when the adversary seems to be coming after us.

Take time today and pray for those you know who are working for the things of God. Leadership and ministerial Christians are often on the front lines of battle where distractions are constantly interfering in their lives. Pray for them. If you are one of those on that battle line, do not hesitate to ask for prayer when you feel weak and weary. We have Jesus. We have His Word and we have His Holy Spirit, but He has also given us His body of believers to lift each other up in times of trouble. Prayer is a tool we need to use everyday—not only for ourselves, but also especially for those on the spiritual frontlines.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Jun 2020, 8:30 pm

June 10

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 34; John 19:1-22

Today's Thoughts: Letting Go Is Hard

I am the LORD your God. You shall have no other gods before Me. - >Exodus 20:2-3

Corrie Ten Boom once said that she learned to hold on to things loosely because it hurt too much when God pried them away. There are many things in our life that we get attached to: our work becomes our identity, our homes become our personality, our children become our goals. Sometimes it is hard to know who we were before these things came in and took over our lives. Where do I end and these things begin? When God challenges us on our priorities, it is difficult to truly understand what He is doing.

Because I work in the ministry, it gets confusing at times to separate my walk with the Lord from my work in the Lord. Recently, I have fallen in love with the plans of a ministry that truly helps people and honors God. I received His promises and His revelation of how to get the ministry started. Then, out of the blue, I had the sense that He wanted me to give the ministry to someone else to do. He used me to get the ministry going, but now He wanted me to let it go and not feel that I must do the work for Him. It was hard to let go because that ministry had become a key part of my life. How do you let go of something that God placed in your heart to do, so that you can honor God by not doing it?

We have to remember that nothing is ours. We are just stewards entrusted with the Master's gifts. Our calling is to be obedient. Our hearts are to have nothing above Him, including His ministries. We are to align ourselves up with Jesus, to rest at His feet and to have a relationship with Him. Jesus wants you, not what you can do.

Lord, thank You that You don't want my attention divided. I am sorry that I fall in love with the work to a point of missing Your will. Help me to walk in Your paths and stay in step with Your call. You have given me everything I have and I give them back to You. Be glorified in me. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Jun 2020, 8:15 pm

June 9

Today’s Readings: 2 Chronicles 32; John 18:19-40

Today’s Thoughts: The Arm of Flesh               

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 

Hezekiah was a king who helped focus God’s people back to the pure and true worship of God. He restored the temple, tore down the high places built to other gods, reinstated God’s feasts and celebrations and was known as a king who led people to celebrate the one and only true God. But now, another nation came up to war against him. Hezekiah knew that this other king had the strength and ability to overcome the Israelites in battle. This king also caused a lot of conflicts for King Hezekiah.

Hezekiah could have just surrendered to the fear caused by the tactics and overconfidence of the king of Assyria but he didn’t. Instead, Hezekiah started building up his military defenses, working hard on repairing broken parts of the walls around the city and making more weapons. Then he spoke the words of these verses that encouraged the people. These words, however, were not just bursts of intimidation as with the king of Assyria, but came from a heart of passion and purpose from the Lord. By verse 20 of the story, Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah were crying out to the Lord, knowing that He has the power to fight the battle for them. And He did. Verse 22 says, “So the LORD saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others. He took care of them on every side.”

We worship a God who takes care of us on every side. It was good that Hezekiah prepared for battle, but it was better that Hezekiah prepared His heart to turn to the Lord. The arm of flesh is limited. We need to be prepared to fight as we use the weapons God has given us. The strongest weapon is a tender heart that knows the Scriptures and how to turn to the Lord on our knees. No battle is too great for the Lord.

If you are in a situation today in which you need to see the Lord on your side, get on your knees and start asking for help. God is waiting to show His power no matter what circumstance you are facing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Jun 2020, 1:57 pm

Daily Disciples - June 8 2020
June 8

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 30; John 18:1-18

Today's Thoughts: The Master Builder

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Corinthians 5:1

I had an opportunity to watch as the first side (panel) of a new building was put in place. The sides of the building were made of concrete and steel. I learned that the foundation of the building was laid first, then the sides were actually placed on top of the foundation. Each panel was engineered and laid out on the ground first, then lifted off the surface foundation and raised up on its side. To say the least, the size of the crane to do this kind of work was awesome. I was told that this particular crane could move up to 300 tons in one lift. The panels were massive in size and weight, but the crane seemed to move them about effortlessly. Within a few hours, the first outside walls of the building were affixed in their places.

As I looked upon this awesome structure, the Lord reminded me of Who made the materials that went into that building. The Lord of heaven and earth created all things and oversees all things that take place here on earth. I reflected on some basic truths about God and me in relation to Him. Buildings made with man's hands can and will be destroyed, regardless of their size and strength. Our physical bodies are to be considered buildings that house our souls and spirits; and they, too, can and will die at some point, regardless of how healthy we try to be. The only building that will remain is the one God builds–"a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." This is the building we should be the most concerned about.

How much time and energy do we put into our earthly buildings? Whether they are the buildings that house our souls or the buildings that house our bodies, we all live within some sort of frame. And regardless of how strong and powerful they seem to be, there is One who handles them all as though they were but dust. Our focus today should be on the Master builder, the One who made each of us in His image. God is the One who created all things and will be the One who determines what happens to all things, even us. For those of us who believe in His Son, Jesus Christ, we have an eternal building prepared for us in heaven. Let's spend some time today working on our spiritual life, not just the physical. Spend some time today with the Master builder.

June 9

Today’s Readings: 2 Chronicles 32; John 18:19-40

Today’s Thoughts: The Arm of Flesh               

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 
Hezekiah was a king who helped focus God’s people back to the pure and true worship of God. He restored the temple, tore down the high places built to other gods, reinstated God’s feasts and celebrations and was known as a king who led people to celebrate the one and only true God. But now, another nation came up to war against him. Hezekiah knew that this other king had the strength and ability to overcome the Israelites in battle. This king also caused a lot of conflicts for King Hezekiah.

Hezekiah could have just surrendered to the fear caused by the tactics and overconfidence of the king of Assyria but he didn’t. Instead, Hezekiah started building up his military defenses, working hard on repairing broken parts of the walls around the city and making more weapons. Then he spoke the words of these verses that encouraged the people. These words, however, were not just bursts of intimidation as with the king of Assyria, but came from a heart of passion and purpose from the Lord. By verse 20 of the story, Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah were crying out to the Lord, knowing that He has the power to fight the battle for them. And He did. Verse 22 says, “So the LORD saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others. He took care of them on every side.”

We worship a God who takes care of us on every side. It was good that Hezekiah prepared for battle, but it was better that Hezekiah prepared His heart to turn to the Lord. The arm of flesh is limited. We need to be prepared to fight as we use the weapons God has given us. The strongest weapon is a tender heart that knows the Scriptures and how to turn to the Lord on our knees. No battle is too great for the Lord.

If you are in a situation today in which you need to see the Lord on your side, get on your knees and start asking for help. God is waiting to show His power no matter what circumstance you are facing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Jun 2020, 11:21 pm

Daily Disciples - June 5

June 5

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 23; John 15

Today's Thoughts: Are You in His Flock?

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.” John 10:1-3

Jesus began speaking to His listeners with a metaphor that was familiar to them. The sheepfold was usually an enclosure made of rocks with an opening for the door. The shepherd (or watchman) would guard the flock at night by lying across the opening. It was common that several flocks could be sheltered together in the same fold. A group of shepherds would share the responsibility at night allowing each other to sleep in their own beds. The system was like a night shift rotation. In the morning, the shepherds would come through the door or gate and assemble their own flocks, just by their voices. Thieves and robbers could not walk through the gate so they would climb in over the walls, attempting to steal the sheep. But the sheep would not follow them because the sheep would not recognize the stranger's voice. Jesus describes the thieves and robbers as coming to steal, kill and destroy.

During Jesus' time, there were professional religious men (the Pharisees and Sadducees) who were only interested in the people for their own personal advantage. They were more concerned with perfecting themselves according to their own standards and trying to make everyone else feel guilty for not matching up. That is not Jesus. As a good shepherd, He develops a relationship with His sheep so that He knows them by name, calls them personally and leads them. The sheep's responsibility is to welcome, listen and follow the shepherd. The relationship is easy and the burden is light. There is also the sense of security and peace in being protected by the Shepherd. 

We need to realize that the responsibility of our life and death is in the hands of Jesus. We do not need to carry our own burdens as an attempt to help Jesus. The Good Shepherd knows that it is His responsibility to take care of the sheep, just as the mechanic knows that the car can't fix itself. We are protected eternally with Jesus for He alone is the Author and Perfecter of our faith. He began a good work in us and He will be faithful to complete it. The responsibility is on Him. There is peace with Jesus as our Shepherd, our Savior. Our responsibility is to hear His voice and follow Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Jun 2020, 10:27 pm

Daily Disciples - June 4

June 4

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 21; John 14

Today's Thoughts: A Place for Us

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 14:1-3

In John 14, Jesus has become a friend to His disciples, as well as their Teacher and Lord. They have been with each other for three years but Jesus is now saying goodbye. Jesus gave them this message to calm them and to focus them upward instead of inward and outward. Although He is heading to the cross, His focus is on comforting them. Verse One could be translated, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust and believe in God even though you cannot see Him, so trust also in Me when you can no longer see Me." Jesus then continues to explain to the disciples that His task at hand while He is away is to prepare a place for them. The Lord wants them to know that He is coming back for them, but in the meantime, He has some very important things to do for them and for us too.

There is more to life than what meets our eyes. We need to fix our eyes and our actions toward heavenly things, for heaven is a real place. Heaven is mentioned often in Scripture: Matthew 6:9 says that heaven is where God dwells (and Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father), First Peter 1:4 calls heaven an inheritance, Second Peter 1:11 describes heaven as a kingdom, Isaiah 66:1 says heaven is where God reigns on His throne and John 14:2 calls heaven, home. It is home for God's children. A "place prepared" in Greek means rooms or abiding places.  Some of us think it means a palace for Billy Graham and a shack for the person who accepts Christ on his deathbed. But that is wrong. Jesus Christ is preparing a place for all His saints and every such place will be beautiful.

Life is not a dress rehearsal; our troubles, pains, tears and even our actions will all count when we get to heaven. Jesus told us about heaven so that we would know there is more than just the pain we experience here on earth. He wants us to believe and trust Him with our troubles. For James 1:12 says, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." And where will we receive that crown? Aplace prepared in heaven called home!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Jun 2020, 6:14 pm

Daily Disciples - June 3 2020
June 3
Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 19; John 13:21-38

Today's Thoughts: In His Time

Yet the chief butler did not remember Joseph, but forgot him. - Genesis 40:23

When Joseph gave the dream interpretations for both the butler and the baker, he requested that the butler tell Pharaoh about him, hoping that the king would release him from prison. When the butler was restored to his position again serving the king, he forgot to mention Joseph to him. No doubt Joseph was disappointed at being forgotten. Can you imagine how it would feel to be in prison for a crime you did not commit and then to be overlooked by the one person who could put in a good word for you? Joseph endured a great deal of anguish through his trials but he remained steadfast as the Lord continued to grant him favor.

How often do we overlook the good deeds of those around us? Have you ever promised to return a favor but for some reason never really did it? When we are in trouble or need help, we tend to pledge whatever someone wants in return for helping us. This bargaining is not always a requirement or necessity for getting help, but it often comes in times of desperation. Have you ever prayed so hard for God to answer a prayer that you vowed something back to Him in return? God is gracious in how He answers such prayers, as most of us can never keep our end of the bargain.

Joseph made a sincere plea to the butler who was about to be set free. "But remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house" (Genesis 40:14). God had a different plan for Joseph as to how he would be set free from prison, a plan that would bless his life and his family's lives in amazing ways. God has a plan for you as well. Pray against discouragement in your circumstances and ask the Lord to give you peace as you wait on His perfect timing. God is sovereign and always knows what is best for us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

Daily Disciples - June 2

June 2

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 17; John 13:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Endurance to the End

"For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:" Hebrews 10:36

I turned off my computer and saw a couple of fingerprint marks right in the middle of my screen. I pulled my shirt sleeve over my hand and began to rub the screen. The marks were still there so I used a paper towel and the marks were still there. I grabbed a dish towel and rubbed some more. They were still there but were beginning to fade. I hate to admit it but my wrist began to tire and I had to stop for a moment. I worked diligently for several more minutes to get the fingerprints off my screen. Normally I would not associate this type of task with the word "endurance" but in this case, it took a while to clean my screen. It seems like such a small thing in the big picture. But, in the midst of these kinds of tasks, I sometimes hear the Lord quietly say to me, "Be faithful in (and keep working on) the little things."

We grow in our walk with the Lord by persevering in the day-to-day tasks that require our patience and endurance. The hardest tests of endurance are often disguised as the monotonous tasks in life. I must admit that I seriously considered just how badly I wanted my computer screen clean. Would I settle for just enough to get by, or would I keep going until the spots were gone completely? Sometimes I think that we are faced with the same question when God begins working on our “spots”. Will we persevere with Him? Do we have the endurance to keep going through the hard times?

The writer of Hebrews mentions more than once our need for endurance. We "have need of endurance" to ultimately receive the promises of God. I wonder how often we get to the edge of the promise land and stop walking. There was a reason the Lord kept telling Joshua to go in and take the land that had been given to them. It took endurance and perseverance to keep walking, to keep taking one day at a time, and to stay focused on the goal. From fingerprint smudges to promise lands, the test for each one of us is whether or not we will keep working until the task is finished. The Lord is so good to give us the goal, and He will lead us every step of the way. However, we must be willing to not only step out but also to keep on stepping forward.

Has the Lord given you a glimpse of the promise land He has for you? Do not stop moving towards it. Pray for endurance and perseverance. The training often comes in the little tasks of the day. Take every opportunity to see a job through to its completion and learn how to lean on the Lord for support and guidance. You never know when the day will come that you take that first step into your land of promise.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 36  Next