World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 10:42 pm by Admin

» Year of the Death of Jesus
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 9:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 9:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham Empty Re: Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Post  Admin Tue 29 Aug 2017, 1:32 pm

Famine in the Land but not of food.
Franklin Graham: God Is Speaking, but Are You Listening?
7:00AM EDT 8/28/2014 FRANKLIN GRAHAM
https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/45179-franklin-graham-god-is-speaking-but-are-you-listening
Franklin Graham (BGEA)
A searchlight scans the globe, revealing world crises everywhere from the U.S.-Mexican border to the deadly Ebola virus that terrorizes West Africa. From Russian attacks on Ukraine to a Malaysian airplane that mysteriously disappears. Turmoil that has simmered in the Middle East since the beginning of time now escalates. Iraq and Syria are disintegrating in sectarian violence: Muslims killing Muslims, Muslims killing Christians.

While the world grapples with implications of the Israeli-Gaza conflict, a 6.1 earthquake cracks and rattles the mountainous region of Yunnan province in China, killing 400 and injuring nearly 2,000. Economic mayhem is causing governments and businesses to crumble. Family values are being assaulted, moral laws torn asunder.

What is the answer to the chaos? Before one crisis can be calmed, another rains down. From coast to coast, continent to continent, terror strikes the nations. News anchors and political personalities often shake their heads and ask, "What in the world is going on?"

Who can save us? From nation to nation, we search for someone to lead us out of the stranglehold. God's Laser Beam points to the truth: "And there will be signs ... on the earth, distress of nations, with perplexity, ... men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken" (Luke 21:25-26).

Society expects solutions from educators, politicians and cutting-edge technology. The world chases after the latest device that can pump out information faster than it can be downloaded, while ignoring the only answer to why the world is perplexed, unhinged, off course.

The Bible identifies man's trouble from beginning to end—the fall of the human race—and lays out what is to come. We do not have to ask what in the world is going on. God has already told us what is going on in the world. His Word radiates with answers. God is speaking, but few are listening.

The world is caught up in the frenzy of war, natural disaster and man-made chaos. Today's headlines are not much different from ancient times. Earthquakes and flood waters bring havoc; famine and disease kill multitudes; refugees flee homelands; continual wars ravage the nations. With the passing of time, one would think that the human race would heed the warnings of God. Instead of turning our hearts to Him to acknowledge our sinfulness and inadequacy, we turn on our televisions and mobile devices, only to see the cities of antiquity still headlining the news, from Damascus to Gaza, from Jerusalem to Mosul (ancient Nineveh).

I find myself opening the Bible to read the psalmist's question: "Why do the nations rage against God?" (Psalm 2:1). Throughout Scripture the answer is given: The heart of man is evil and wicked (Jer. 17:9). Turning to the Lord is man's only hope.

This is why the Lord permits events such as we witness to continue—to draw people to Him. He desires His creation to repent of wickedness and rebellion against Him. Out of His great love and grace He says: "Return to Me, with all your heart" (Joel 2:12). The Bible—the operating manual for life—can guide one to always do the right thing in the eyes of God. Instead, God's Word is relegated to the library of antiquity. Why? Political powers vie for dominance. Man's heart wants to triumph over God instead of bowing before Him and doing His will.

"'Behold, the days are coming,' says the Lord God, 'that I will send a famine on the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord. They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, seeking the word of the Lord, but shall not find it'" (Amos 8:11-12).

The Bible tells us what to do when we see these events unfold: "Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near" (Luke 21:28). The return of the Lord Jesus is coming, and those who follow Christ should be in a perpetual state of expectation, obediently declaring that Jesus came to save the world from the dominance of Satan's hold on human hearts. To wring our hands in despair will not lead anyone out of this world's bondage and into the peace that God desires for His people.

While preparing to preach a series of evangelistic meetings in Pittsburgh last month, I read an article
in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette titled, "If Rockets Rained on Pittsburgh." It reveals that people everywhere live in dread of what is to come. Man's greatest terror is the sin that rages within his own heart. Jesus Christ is the only One who can bring peace to the world, and He will do what He promises.

But we do not have to wait until that time to know God's peace even in the midst of world turmoil. The Bible says, "There is no other God besides Me, a just God and a Savior. There
is none besides Me. Look to Me, and be saved, all you ends of the earth!" (Is. 45:21-22).

Salvation is offered to every person who will believe by faith that Jesus Christ will save them out of their
sin and put His Spirit within them. There is hope in times of war, famine and great peril. Don't look to governments for the answers. Don't depend on technology to help you maneuver through life's uncertainties. Look to Jesus, and know that the signs of the times should lead us to Him.

"Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him ... The Lord brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect. The counsel of the Lord stands forever ... blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord" (Ps. 33:8-12).

Franklin Graham, son of iconic evangelist Billy Graham, is the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse.
©2014 BGEA. This article originally appeared on BillyGraham.org.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham Empty Re: Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Post  Admin Tue 19 May 2015, 9:51 pm

How to Overcome Fear, Anxiety and Worry
By BGEA   •   May 18, 2015   •   Topics: Fear, Worry
Freedom From Anxiety

Do you find yourself worrying a lot? Instead of filling our minds with thoughts of fear or terror, God wants us to be anxious for nothing (Phil. 4:6). These resources can help you overcome fear and anxiety and live life the way Jesus teaches us–a life full of hope, peace and joy.
Historians will probably call our era “the age of anxiety.” Anxiety is the natural result when our hopes are centered in anything short of God and His will for us. —Billy Graham

When Billy Graham wrote those words in 1965, no one knew how true they would be 50 years later.

At its best, anxiety distracts us from our relationship with God and the truth that He is “Lord of heaven and earth” (Matthew 11:25). At its worst, anxiety is a crippling disease, taking over our minds and plunging our thoughts into darkness.

But God wants so much more for us than to walk through life full of fear, worry and anxiety.

“Do not be anxious about anything,” the Bible tells us in the book of Philippians, chapter 4, “but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Our instructions don’t stop there. The chapter goes on to tell believers exactly what we should focus on. And it’s not fear, terrorism, illness, death or evil.

“Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you” (Philippians 4:8-9, ESV, emphasis added).

The first step to an anxiety-free mind is to give your life to Jesus Christ. Once you’ve taken that step, it’s important to fix your thoughts on Jesus and the promise that He is preparing a place for His followers in heaven (John 14:2-3).

Below are some resources meant to help you overcome fear and anxiety and live life the way Jesus teaches us—a life full of faith, truth, hope, peace and joy:

10 Bible Verses on Anxiety and Fear: What God’s Word says about being anxious.
How Can I Deal with Crippling Anxiety? Billy Graham’s Answer.
http://billygraham.org/story/bible-verses-on-anxiety-fear/

Is it Wrong to Take Medicine for Anxiety? Billy Graham’s Answer.
http://billygraham.org/answer/the-doctor-has-put-me-on-medicine-for-my-anxiety-but-im-not-sure-it-does-much-good/

The Cure for Anxiety: A timeless radio message from Billy Graham.
http://billygraham.org/audio/cure-for-anxiety/

15 Quotes for an Anxious Heart: A collection of inspiring graphics to read, post and share.
http://billygraham.org/gallery/15-quotes-for-an-anxious-heart/

What’s Wrong with the World? A mobile-friendly page with Steps to Peace with God.
http://peacewithgod.net/mobile/whats-wrong-with-the-world-mobile/

True peace comes from a relationship with Jesus. Choose peace with God today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Apr 2015, 2:59 pm

Franklin Graham Launching 50-State Decision America Tour in 2016
http://billygraham.org/story/franklin-graham-launching-50-city-tour-in-2016/
On Tuesday night, Franklin Graham announced he will embark on a 50-state tour of the United States next year. He made the following announcement on his Facebook page:

America is in trouble. At 62 years of age, I’ve lived long enough to learn that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans can turn this country around; no political party or politician is the answer.

The only hope for this country is Almighty God and His Son Jesus Christ.

Next year I am planning to travel to all 50 states to conduct prayer rallies—we are calling this the Decision America Tour. I want to challenge Christians to boldly live out their faith and to pray for our nation and its leaders. I want to encourage Christians to get out and vote, and to cast their ballots for candidates who uphold biblical principles.

I want to strongly urge Christians to run for public office at every level—local, state, and federal. We will not be endorsing any political candidates, but I will be proclaiming the truth of God’s Gospel in every state. More details will come later. I hope you will start praying with us now.

About Franklin Graham
Franklin Graham serves as president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the international Christian relief and evangelism organization Samaritan’s Purse. Franklin regularly addresses current moral and social issues, challenging Christians to make a difference in the world. As an evangelist, Franklin has preached to more than 8.1 million people in cities from Johannesburg, South Africa to Tupelo, Mississippi.

Through the organizations he leads, Franklin has been instrumental in helping people impacted by crises including the 9/11 terrorist attacks, civil war in Sudan, and natural disasters ranging from the tsunami in South Asia, tornadoes throughout the southeast United States to the massive earthquakes in Haiti, China and Japan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm

Daily Devotion: The Secret of Contentment
By Billy Graham   •   March 26, 2015
I pray that you will begin to understand how incredibly great his power is to help those who believe him. It is that same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead . . .

—Ephesians 1:19-20 (TLB)

Jesus told His disciples that the world would hate them. They would be “as sheep in the midst of wolves.” They would be arrested, scourged, and brought before governors and kings. Even their loved ones would persecute them. As the world hated and persecuted Him, so it would treat His servants. Thousands of Christians have learned the secret of contentment and joy in trial.

Some of the happiest Christians I have met have been life-long sufferers. They have had every reason to sigh and complain, being denied so many privileges and pleasures that they see others enjoy, yet they have found greater cause for gratitude and joy than many who are prosperous, vigorous, and strong.

In all ages, Christians have found it possible to maintain the spirit of joy in the hour of trial. In circumstances that would have felled most men, they have so completely risen above them that they actually have used the circumstances to serve and glorify Christ.

Prayer for the day
Lord Jesus, keep us ever mindful of the need to rejoice in You constantly; to go beyond the circumstance, no matter how desperate, and to see You as our hope and joy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Mar 2015, 7:46 pm

7 Answers on Parenting From Billy Graham
From toddlers to teenagers, parenting is hard work. And it doesn't stop after your child leaves the nest. But with God's help, you can “train up a child in the way he should go” (Proverbs 22:6).It’s normal to worry about the young people in your life. But with God’s help, you can be a good example. Here are seven answers from Billy Graham on raising godly children that can apply to parents, grandparents and mentors alike. Here are 7 biblical answers to some of the tough parenting questions you may encounter.

Q: Why didn’t someone tell me how hard it is being a parent?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Q: Our son wasn’t brought up to live this way. Should we cut him off?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Q: I’ve been rebellious for years, and now I’m a father. How can I be a good dad?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Q: How do you talk to a small child about God?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Q: We don’t want to force our religious beliefs on our children. Won’t they just rebel anyway?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Q: What should we do about our wayward daughter?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Q: It’s so hard being a single parent. Can you offer some encouragement?
>> Billy Graham’s Answer

Read more encouraging articles and parenting answers from Billy Graham.
The first step to being a good parent and mentor is a relationship with your heavenly Father. Find Peace with God today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:13 am

Debunking the Myth of Incompatible Marriage
Billy and Ruth Graham 
Ruth Bell Graham reflected on a pearl of wisdom someone told her before she married Billy Graham. “Where two people agree on everything, one of them is unnecessary.” In the same light, she investigated the reason given for most failed marriages–incompatibility–and how this may impact your life.
Billy and Ruth Graham at their home in 1990.
It happens all the time: well-known couples terminate marriages. The reason?

Incompatibility. It’s an all too familiar legal umbrella under which an assortment of excuses finds shelter.
I looked up the definition of incompatibility: “incapable of coexisting harmoniously…”
Incapable of coexisting harmoniously? “With God, all things are possible,” I remembered.
The definition continued: disagreeing in nature. Great! One can disagree without being disagreeable.
Before we married, someone gave me a gem of wisdom: “Where two people agree on everything, one of them is unnecessary.”
Irreconcilable. I doubt it! When two draw near to God, they find themselves closer to one another.
Conflicting. Terrific! When someone gets into a position of political or social power or one of fame or fortune and no one dares to disagree with him or her, look out! This person is in danger. At times, we all need to be disagreed with.
Our daughter’s Swiss in-laws once gave my husband a Swiss watch. Eventually, it stopped working, but no local watchmaker could fix it.
The next time we were in Switzerland, we sent it directly to the company that made it. They had no problem; the ones who made it knew how to make it work again.
Who invented marriage? He is the One to whom we must go. His Book of Instructions has the answers.
Article originally published in More Letters from Ruth’s Attic: 31 Insights on Following Christ.

Marriage Resources:
What Does it Take to Make a Marriage Last?

Want to Cultivate a Christ-Centered Marriage?
Is Your Spouse Imperfect?
Questions and Answers on Marriage

Franklin Graham: The Tragic Consequences of the Sexual Revolution
Franklin Graham on the Plague of Immorality
By Franklin Graham   •   February 2, 2015
A look at the freedoms promised by the sexual revolution nearly 50 years ago that have instead left a devastating wake of destruction.
The sexual revolution that began in earnest five decades ago with promises of new and liberating sexual freedoms has instead left behind a shattered moral landscape that has undermined the fabric and foundation of our nation. Casting off what was perceived as the puritanical restraints of previous generations, the ’60s and ’70s launched a new era of sexual experimentation. The revolution, publicly inaugurated by 1967’s “Summer of Love” in San Francisco’s Haight-Ashbury district, promised an enlightened age of sexual morality.

The new thinking said cohabitation wasn’t really a problem. Divorce wasn’t nearly as harmful as once thought. Promiscuity presented no clear and present danger to the family unit. Same-sex attraction was perfectly normal. Pornography was little cause for concern. Indeed, an entire industry developed around its spurious allure.
Fifty years later, we can see that the results have been catastrophic.
In many respects the American family is completely unrecognizable, courtesy of a failed sexual revolution that has left a devastating wake of destruction.
In certain segments of American culture, more than 70 percent of children are born to single parents and remain in single-parent households. Nationally, more than one in four children today live in households with only one parent. Demographers predict that by age 18, nearly 50 percent of all children will have lived with just a mom or dad.

Nearly half of all marriages end in divorce, and couples who cohabitate before marriage are even more likely to split. Some studies show that the proliferation of pornography available on the Internet has likely contributed to the declining marriage rate.
The freedoms promised by the sexual revolution have instead given way to ever increasing slavery and captivity to sin. The attempt to cast off moral restraint has only opened wide the devil’s destructive, deadly toolbox. “For whatever overcomes a person, to that he is enslaved” (2 Peter 2:19).
The plague of immorality has so swept across the American landscape that there is virtually no place where its corrosive influence is not felt. The pervasive, immoral reach of popular media, which actively promotes every type of sexual misconduct imaginable, constantly agitates against the biblical norms of upright, godly behavior.
The Scripture is clear: “But sexual immorality and all impurity or covetousness must not even be named among you. … For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous … has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God” (Ephesians 5:3, 5).
Today, what our society seems to value most is the freedom to do whatever we want, whatever makes us feel good. Anyone who would try to stop us from doing what we want—even when what we want is destructive to ourselves and to others—is mocked and vilified.
But God’s laws and commands are given for our good. Sexuality is a gift from God to be used within His wise restraints. Like the levees that hold back mighty rivers from destructive floods, God’s Word and ways are designed to keep our thoughts, passions and desires in godly bounds. They are for our good, not our harm.
“The body is not meant for sexual immorality,” wrote the Apostle Paul to the Corinthian church, “but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body’” (1 Corinthians 6:13). Our bodies, which one day will be redeemed, glorified bodies, are made by God for God. To flaunt His design is, in essence, to commit idolatry by prizing and delighting in what God hates.
Our culture, like ancient cultures that ultimately were destroyed in large part due to their own moral depravity, has been severely weakened. A stable family unit committed to the truth and precepts of the Bible was once the foundation and backbone of our nation. That model is now the exception, not the rule.
We know that as the end draws near, this world will be characterized by escalating violence and rampant sexual immorality. In Revelation 17 and 18, Babylon represents the “great prostitute” of the earth. It stands for the unbridled pursuit of sensual pleasures. The earth, about to be judged by the King of kings and Lord of lords, has become completely intoxicated by wanton pleasures. “For all the nations have drunk … of her [Babylon’s] sexual immorality” (Revelation 18:3).
As Christ is about to return, shouts of triumph break out as multitudes in the heavenlies declare: “Salvation and glory and power belong to our God, for his judgments are true and just; for he has judged the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality” (Revelation 19:1-2).
The only answer I know for any society in any era is the strong word of the Lord to the church in Thyatira who, though faithful in some ways, apparently tolerated sexual permissiveness that spread through the church: “I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality” (Revelation 2:21).
There is still time to repent. That is why Jesus is delaying His return, “not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).
My prayer is that we do not refuse that offer while there is still time. ©2015 BGEA
Scripture quotations are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version.

Online Training: 60+ Years of Ministry at Your Fingertips
Do you want to share your faith with a friend? Or comfort a neighbor in distress? You can now get practical steps from time-tested truths with BGEA's three online evangelism training classes.

Learn to reach people for Christ through one of three online training opportunities.
You want to share your faith but aren’t sure how. You’d like to comfort that neighbor in distress but don’t know what to say. Or maybe you’re going into ministry and need tangible, effective ways of encouraging people to tell others about Jesus.

There are other people just like you who found what they were looking for through one of the online training courses at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. They found confidence in sharing their faith, guidance for comforting those in crisis and practical ways to proclaim the Gospel.
“Online study is becoming such a norm now,” said B.J. Rogers, assistant dean of distance learning for the BGEA.
Rogers went to seminary in the ’80s and said back then, “you actually went to seminary.” Now, a few decades later, his son is following in his footsteps, but at least two-thirds of his classes are online.
More than 1,200 people around the globe have already taken advantage of BGEA’s online training courses: School of Evangelism Online, ReIgnite or Sharing Hope in Crisis.
Each interactive course was developed from lessons learned and tools used over the past 60+ years of Billy Graham’s ministry. Participants learn through videos, quizzes and online discussion forums.
Rogers says these online study opportunities are more cost-effective, more accessible and give people more control over the pace of their learning.
School of Evangelism Online
More than 1,000 people have registered for the School of Evangelism Online since BGEA launched the training in the summer of 2012. Students litter the map, representing 37 countries—most in the United States, but also from places like Taiwan, Qatar, Indonesia, Norway, Germany and Namibia.

One online participant wrote that the training “lit the fire under me to want to witness and to finally feel I have the tools to do so.”
Another spoke of its “simplicity and straightforwardness.”
While the School of Evangelism Online training is particularly beneficial for pastors, missionaries and seminary students who want concrete strategies for proclaiming the Gospel and maintaining their ministry, you don’t have to be in ministry to get something out of it.
“The courses are written in such a way that literally anyone can benefit from them,” Rogers said. “We have people of all stripes going through the courses.”
Lessons feature past sermons from Billy Graham and draw from various Graham family evangelists—Franklin Graham, Will Graham and Anne Graham Lotz—as well as a number of others like Greg Laurie, Ravi Zacharias, John Stott, Ron Hutchcraft and Bill Bright.
Anyone can enroll in the School of Evangelism Online, and for $99, you’ll have six months to complete the training at your own pace.
Liberty University is using the School of Evangelism Online (SOE) as part of its Bachelor of Science in Religion major. Students working toward that degree can take a Christian Evangelism Cognate, which will include all four SOE courses by March.
Eighty-two students are enrolled in the three SOE courses currently available. Students earn three credit hours per course. Montreat College will also start offering all four courses this summer.
ReIgnite
Whether you’re a seminary student, church staff member or just want direction for reaching non-Christians, ReIgnite can show you how to share your faith in daily situations and care for new Christians.

One ReIgnite participant saw the course’s five online lessons play out in the real world, explaining, “The Lord let me lead my dad to salvation principally because of this course.”
ReIgnite is an expanded online version of the Christian Life and Witness Course, which is used throughout BGEA. Prior to a Franklin Graham Festival or Will Graham Celebration, many local Christians take this course in person to prepare them for counseling new or questioning Christians at the event. BGEA’s TV Telephone Ministry volunteers, as well as Internet Evangelism volunteers, also use this course to equip them for responding to spiritual questions online or by phone.
In the past year, more than 175 people from seven countries have registered for this course. Participants have 90 days to complete the self-paced training, which takes an estimated eight to 10 hours. The course is $49.
Sharing Hope in Crisis
You probably know people who have experienced a tragedy or personal crisis. How can you share God’s hope with them?

That’s something BGEA’s Rapid Response Team is always thinking about. When RRT chaplains deploy to disasters, they look for ways to comfort people who are hurting.
Now you, too, can learn how to provide emotional and spiritual care to those around you. The Sharing Hope in Crisis course offers the same kind of training RRT chaplains receive and is particularly helpful for first responders, pastors or people going into crisis ministry.
“It’s hooked my heart for the hurting,” one participant wrote.
From October to December, 85 people from six countries registered for this course, which teaches participants how to understand trauma, be a good listener and know what to say to someone who’s grieving.
Participants have 90 days to complete the eight-lesson course for $75.
BGEA is also working on a student version of Sharing Hope in Crisis.
Learn more about online training opportunities.

Billy Graham's My Answer: What is Real Love?
The portrayal of love and relationships in movies, books and television shows is getting more extreme. In Billy Graham's My Answer column, he addresses five ways people distort love.
 The portrayal of love and relationships in movies, books and television shows is getting more extreme.

“The conscience of America seems to be paralyzed,” Billy Graham once said. “Our Western society has become so obsessed with sex, that it seeps from all the pores of our national life.”
Violence, selfishness and lust are not ways God intended for us to define or show love. These five answers from Billy Graham explain ways people can distort love and how to overcome them:
Q: Sometimes my fiancé gets very angry and fairly violent, although he always apologizes and says it won’t happen again. Should I be concerned?
A: True love puts the other person first, as Christ loves us.
>> Read the entire answer

Q: Why does religion always seem to oppose things like sexual freedom, for example?
A: Don’t get caught in a trap—the trap that says you are free to do anything you want and you won’t suffer any consequences.
>> Read Billy Graham’s entire answer

Q: I always seem to fall for men who say they love me, but end up using me then dropping me. Why can’t I get it right?
A: True love isn’t just interested in what someone will give me; instead, it seeks to help them and serve them.

Q: What’s wrong with pornography?
A: It treats others not as people but as objects, as playthings for our own selfish gratification.
>>Read Billy Graham’s entire answer

Q: I have a very hard time believing God loves me because my own father was abusive. How can I believe in God’s love?
A: Your emotions may be understandable—but they are deceiving you.

More Answers on Love:
VIDEO: Looking for Love in the Wrong Places

AUDIO: Obsession with Sex
STORY: Confusing Evil With Good
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Jan 2015, 7:41 pm

After 65 Years, Billy Graham's Message Still Going Viral
In 1949, Billy Graham spread the Good News quickly via the telegraph. Today, that same Gospel message is circling the globe through the power of the Internet and using digital technology in extraordinary ways.
On Monday, Jan. 5 at 2:07 p.m., about three dozen people were on the BGEA website, PeaceWithGod.net.

For at least four of those people, that minute marked a choice that carries eternal weight: the decision to accept Jesus Christ as their God and Savior.
Anyone eyeing the ministry’s Google Earth feature at 2:07 would have seen the spinning globe zero in on Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, before turning counterclockwise to mark a decision on the other side of the world, in San Francisco.
Seconds later, the green marker returned to the Middle East, as it often does, recording a salvation decision in Kabul, Afghanistan. In the next five minutes, decisions for Christ were indicated in Egypt, India, Iraq, Mexico and the United States.
Each person visiting the site had the option to live chat with a trained  online counselor, ask questions and receive online follow-up materials to strengthen their walk with God.
That’s a 60-second snapshot of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association’s Internet outreach, which marked its 5 millionth decision for Christ in November. Through Internet Evangelism and BGEA’s other ministries, from My Hope to the Rapid Response Team, more than 9 million people heard the Gospel in 2014.
“Going Viral” in 1949
Long before the Internet, you could say Billy Graham “went viral” with the help of the technology of the day: the telegraph.

Inside a tent Crusade
Inside the Canvas Cathedral during the 1949 Los Angeles Crusade
“We like to think that radio and television made Billy Graham popular,” said Duane Gaylord, vice president of Internet evangelism and digital media at BGEA. “Not exactly accurate! It all began with the telegraph.”

In 1949, as Mr. Graham preached the Gospel under a tent known as the Canvas Cathedral in Los Angeles, newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst inexplicably sent a one-line telegram to his newspaper editors instructing them to put Billy Graham in the spotlight.
Suddenly, the remarkable stories of people being saved in the tent (including Olympic athlete and WWII bombardier Louie Zamperini of Unbroken) were splashed across the front pages of newspapers around the country.
“God may have used Mr. Hearst to promote the meetings, as (my wife) Ruth said, but the credit belonged solely to God,” Billy Graham wrote in his autobiography Just As I Am.
“All I knew was that before it was over, we were on a journey from which there would be no looking back.”
Throughout the Whole World
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14, ESV)

Billy Graham and Cliff Barrows in 1960
Billy Graham and Cliff Barrows record “The Hour of Decision” radio program at the pyramids in Egypt in 1960.
From the time BGEA was founded in 1950, Billy Graham and his team have used the latest technology—a trend that continues under Franklin Graham’s leadership.

From recording the Hour of Decision radio program (now Hour of Decision Online) on a reel-to-reel recorder by the pyramids in Egypt to broadcasting Crusades on network television, BGEA embraced a mission to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ through every effective means.
“You have to go to where the audience is gathering,” Duane Gaylord said. “That means we also have to be committed to change—sometimes fast change.”
Since the Internet evangelism ministry Search for Jesus was launched, more than 25 million people from hundreds of countries and territories have been exposed to the Gospel.
Years before BGEA’s Internet Evangelism ministry was born, Billy Graham talked about the power of the web in his My Answer column: “One of the most interesting facts to me about the Internet is that it now reaches some of the most remote corners of the world – including countries that are otherwise closed to the preaching of the Gospel.”
“I believe God put the Internet on this earth for the Gospel of Jesus Christ,” Gaylord said. “How else would we be able to cover the world?”
From Pittsburgh to Pakistan
Just like the original Billy Graham Crusade team used satellite technology and TV to expand the reach of its live events, Franklin Graham uses the web to stream his evangelistic Festivals to a global audience.

“Our audience on the web is usually equal to or larger than the audience attending the live venue event,” Gaylord said.
Pittsburgh
While 25,000 people attended the Three Rivers Festival of Hope in Pittsburgh last August, more than 34,000 watched the event live online.
Take August 2014’s Three Rivers Festival of Hope in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

About 25,000 people attended the event in person. More than 34,000 people experienced the web stream.
The web audience used everything from iPads to a Sony PlayStation to tune in, with more than half the viewers accessing the stream via a mobile device.
Perhaps the most exciting thing about the web stream is the ability to reach people in countries where open preaching of the Gospel is difficult or forbidden. During the Pittsburgh stream, clicks came from 133 countries and territories, including Pakistan, Syria and Turkey.
The web audience can chat or pray with an e-counselor, interact with fellow viewers and make a decision for Christ. Anyone who indicates a decision is invited to enter into one of BGEA’s free online discipleship courses.
Seek, and You Will Find (Matthew 7:7)
Is God real? Yes or no.

If God hates divorce then does He hate me?
My dad is dying. How do I help him get saved?
That’s a tiny sample of real questions people typed into a search engine last year before landing on PeaceWithGod.net, seeing a clear presentation of the Gospel message and making a decision for Christ.
Through search engine marketing, social media and other digital strategies, BGEA is pointing seekers—some just curious, others desperate for hope—to Jesus.
peacewithgod.net screen shot
Many of BGEA’s search engine ads lead to PeaceWithGod.net
The ministry’s advertising manager, Andrea Bevins, is part of a team that creates Google and other search engine ads that direct people to Gospel-centered articles, videos and landing pages specific to a particular topic or need. The team may juggle as many as 200 different ads at any given time, and the reach is staggering. In 2014, Google ads garnered more than 8 million clicks to PeaceWithGod.net, resulting in more than 1 million decisions for Christ.

Sifting through the specific search terms that lead people to click a Peace With God ad keeps Bevins and her team from getting caught up in the numbers. Each decision is a real person with a unique story.
“Sometimes you’ll just get a glimpse of a person or a moment in a person’s life, and it’ll bring tears to your eyes,” Bevins said.
One recent search, for example, jumped out: Will Jesus forgive me if I end this misery?
“That one is particularly emotional for me, because I know someone who knows the Lord but constantly struggles with depression,” Bevins said.
“I feel like I can envision the type of pain that this searcher is feeling. And that’s something that’s real for me.”
Lecrae, Billboard 200 and The Tonight Show
Sometimes reaching seekers means staying on top of news headlines and anticipating future events.

Lecrae
Lecrae
Such was the case in September when rapper Lecrae reached No. 1 on the Billboard charts and was scheduled to appear on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Since Lecrae had previously shared his powerful story of salvation through My Hope with Billy Graham, BGEA saw an opportunity to share the Gospel with a wider audience.

“We felt like there would potentially be a lot of extra search traffic surrounding his name,” Bevins said, “and felt we could speak into the salvation part of his story in a way that was really relevant to people.”
BGEA’s digital team created a fresh landing page that explained Lecrae’s story and gave readers a chance to learn more about Jesus. Through search engine marketing and posts to BGEA’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, the new page has been viewed more than 47,000 times to date.
More importantly, 121 people have made their way from that page to PeaceWithGod.net, and 10 of them have followed through to indicate a decision for Christ.
Always Innovating
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. (Genesis 50:20, ESV)

This past summer, Tim Kenny began to notice some unusual web traffic coming to BillyGraham.org.
As director of digital media services, Kenny keeps a close watch on trends—the number of people visiting the website, what they’re clicking on, and in this case, how they’re getting there.
He noticed that dozens of people were landing on the same error page, day after day. Whatever they were looking for didn’t exist on BillyGraham.org. In fact, a little digging revealed the visitors likely thought they were headed to a pornography site.
“The best thing I could figure out was that someone had hacked an ad server somewhere,” Kenny said. “So a bunch of ads for a disreputable website were actually being pointed to our website.”
For a few days, the visitors simply saw a standard error message: “The page you’re looking for doesn’t exist.”
Then the digital team started to think outside the box.
“We thought we’d try something innovative to take advantage of that unusual traffic,” Kenny said.
To that end, they replaced the standard error message with the following:
bad news good news
The new error page for BillyGraham.org shares the Gospel with anyone who stumbles across it.
Bad news: This page doesn’t exist.

Good News: God loves you so much that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for your sins. If you believe in Him, turn from your sins, and make Jesus the Lord of your life, you will have eternal life with Him in Heaven.
Below was a prayer to accept Christ, with links to PeaceWithGod.net connecting visitors to the ministry’s Internet evangelism process.
From that point on, individuals intending to click on something evil found themselves face to face with something good. And God worked through that surprise message in an incredible way.
“In the first three weeks, we saw 55 indicated decisions for Christ,” Kenny said. “To God be the glory.”
The Bad news/Good News message is now the standard error message for BillyGraham.org.
It’s Not Us
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Despite all the planning, praying and innovation that goes into the BGEA’s ministries, God continually reminds the team that it’s His power, not human effort, behind every successful movement.
woman with iPad
Thousands of people from the Middle East are inexplicably finding PeaceWithGod.net and making decisions for Christ.
This is perhaps most apparent in the amazing and inexplicable ways people around the world are finding sites like PeaceWithGod.net and making decisions for Christ.

For example, in the month of October alone, more than 100,000 people from Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Syria visited the evangelistic site. Tens of thousands of people from those countries indicated decisions for Christ in 2014.
“How is that happening?” said Duane Gaylord. “We don’t understand it. We don’t buy [ads] in the Middle East or other countries that are hostile to the Gospel. Yet it gets there.”
The only explanation is that God is using the Internet evangelism ministry to reach people in seemingly unreachable areas with the message that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.
“No matter how many blockers these countries use—countries that really don’t like the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that Jesus is the one and only Way to heaven and to the Father—the message still finds its way in there,” Gaylord said.
As the Holy Spirit continues to move, it seems the role of the BGEA is simply to be faithful, open and available to be used by God.
“You really realize how it is not you, in the midst of it,” Gaylord said. “It’s not the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association. It’s not our plans. It’s really God who’s weaved it all together.
“What exciting times we believers live in, if we are open to what God is doing on the face of this earth in such a time as this.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Jan 2015, 6:44 pm

The Greatest Challenge Facing Our World Today?

Is it poverty? War? Racism? Addiction? Social injustice? Billy Graham shares biblical insight on the single biggest factor that has impacted the way our world is today in this My Answer column. And you don't have to look very far to find it.

Q:
I’m writing an essay for my high school social studies class, and our assignment is to write on what we think is the greatest challenge facing the world today. What would you say it is?
A:
Obviously, our world suffers from a long list of problems and challenges today, some of which are new, although others have been with us as long as the human race has been on this earth. Poverty, war, racism, addictions, economic and social injustice, ecological disasters, famine, disease — the list is almost endless.

But beneath most of these is a far deeper problem, and that’s the problem of the human heart. What would the world be like if there were no greed, jealousy, anger, covetousness, or any of the other sins that infect the human race? What if we truly loved one another, and treated each other with respect and compassion? You know the answer: The world would be a far better place.

But we don’t live this way, because down inside we put ourselves first instead of others. Instead of seeking God’s will for our lives, we ignore Him and disobey His moral commands. Like a deadly spiritual disease, sin has infected our hearts and minds, cutting us off from God and from each other. The Bible says, “What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?” (James 4:1).

This is why we need Christ, for only He can forgive our sins and change us from within by His Holy Spirit. May you have the courage to give your life to Him, no matter what others do. Then may God use you to make our world a better place as you seek to live for Christ every day.

Find peace with God today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm

Billy Graham’s Answers on Race, Inequality
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a time when many people reflect on the Civil Rights Movement and the progress of social justice in America.

Billy Graham, who considered King a close friend, has answered many questions on race and prejudice. Here are some that still apply today:
Q: Can our nation overcome racism? I don’t think a week goes by without something happening that tells me I’m still a second-class citizen.
A: I know our society has made great progress in race relations during my lifetime—but you’re right: Much remains to be done.

Q: How can someone be prejudiced and still claim to be Christian?
A: Racial or ethnic prejudice is a sin in the eyes of God, and no Christian should allow his or her heart to be filled with prejudice.

Q: What do you think is the greatest social problem in the world today?
A: I’ve often said that in my view racism is the biggest social problem we face in the world today, and I believe it still is.

Q: Is it too late for someone who grew up prejudiced to change?
A: No, it’s never too late for someone to change—although the older we get the harder it becomes. But God still can change someone’s attitude if the person is willing.

Q: Where did all the races come from?  I have a hard time believing God meant for there to be so much strife because of race.
A: God created [each race] and gave them their unique identity…God wants us to learn to accept each other and love each other.

There is only one answer to the problem behind racism.
Find peace with God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:09 pm

Rev. Franklin Graham Forgets Being PC And Opens Up To Muslims Worldwide
“I want to say something to all the Muslims that may be watching this..."
Rev. Franklin Graham, Chief Counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice Jay Sekulow, and columnist Deroy Murdock joined Sean Hannity on Fox News’ Hannity to discuss the increase of radical Islamic terrorism and the unwillingness of the Obama administration to call it such.

Amidst the recent ISIS – also known as Daesh – motivated attacks on the U.S. Capitol building and Paris satire magazine Charlie Hebdo, Rev. Graham took a minute to address the Muslim faith, asking Muslims to turn away from Islam and toward Christianity.
Advertisement-content continues below
“I want to say something to all the Muslims that may be watching this that are confused and are afraid themselves,” Graham said. “I want them to know that God loves them and that Jesus Christ died for their sins and Christ will forgive them and heal their hearts.

“And they don’t have to die in a jihad, they don’t have to kill somebody else to please God. God loves them and he will accept them through faith in His son Jesus Christ.”
Graham agreed with Egyptian President Fattah el-Sisi that the Islamic world is “being torn apart by it’s own hand,” but added that the U.S. shouldn’t be funding countries or groups through the UN that advocate the killing of non-Muslims.
He concluded by saying that “Islam is not a religion of peace,” and nowhere in its history “gives proof to peace.” He called it a very “violent form of faith.” But in spite of that, Graham wanted all Muslims to know that inwardly they can profess faith of Jesus Christ and be saved, since outward expression against Islam is considered a death sentence in many Muslim countries.
Advertisement-content continues below
“They can do this quietly in their hearts, and have that insurance, knowing that their sins are forgiven and that they can spend eternity in heaven and they don’t have to die in some jihad to please God,” Graham concluded.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

FOX NEWS TONIGHT
Louis Zamperini Documentary
A special Fox News presentation at 10 p.m. (ET) tonight will feature Franklin Graham, Greta Van Susteren and the BGEA documentary, Louis Zamperini: Captured by Grace.
Fox News’ On the Record Special: Louis Zamperini: Journey of Faith will also re-air at 7 p.m. (ET) on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
The movie Unbroken, released in theatres on Christmas Day, tells the story of Louis Zamperini, who survived 47 days on a raft in the shark-infested waters of the Pacific Ocean. The film also depicts his two years of survival in tortuous Japanese Prisoner of War camps.
But it only shines a light on part of Zamperini’s gripping story.
Louis Zamperini: Captured by Grace, shown tonight on Fox News, tells the complete story, narrated by Zamperini himself, including how God used the 1949 Billy Graham Crusade in Los Angeles to change his life forever.
And you can get a DVD copy of Louis Zamperini: Captured by Grace, including exclusive extra features, with a donation to the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
CLICK HERE MORE 

AFTER UNBROKEN
http://billygraham.org/landingpages/unbroken
/

The movie Unbroken tells the story of Louis Zamperini, a World War II prisoner of war survivor who spent 47 days on a raft in the shark-infested waters of the Pacific Ocean. And while the film details much of Zamperini’s life, including his Olympic career as a distance runner, it only shines a light on part of Zamperini’s gripping story.

Louis Zamperini: Captured By Grace tells the story of life after returning home a hero. Through the power of the Gospel—and his experience at the 1949 Billy Graham Crusade
in Los Angeles—Zamperini overcame alcoholism, night terrors and a failing marriage to live a full and joyous Christ-centered life until his passing at age 97, inspiring millions along the way.
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2014/12/09/hollywood-conversion-angelina-jolie-drops-knees-prayer-unbroken-set

Hollywood Conversion? Angelina Jolie Drops to Knees in Prayer on ‘Unbroken’ Set

By Katie Yoder | December 9, 2014 | 1:04 PM EST
 Share it  Tweet it More Sharing Services
CONTINUED....

The media are covering Angelina Jolie’s “Unbroken” – but will they admit the film’s influence on her faith?

Opening in theaters on Christmas, “Unbroken” tells the story of Olympic runner and World War II prisoner of war Louis Zamperini. His story – and Christian faith – inspired Jolie to kneel and “pray for a miracle” as she ran into problems directing the war drama.

During a Dec. 5 press conference in New York, Zamperini's daughter Cynthia Garris told the story of Jolie’s turn to prayer. While Jolie directed filming in New South Wales, Australia, she encountered severe weather. Garris explained:
She was not a person of faith and had never prayed before but she found herself at the very last scene of the movie ... they needed sunlight to shoot this very important scene and there had been a storm that had been going for a while.
In response, Jolie begged God for help:
[Angelina] said 'I don't know what I'm going to do so I'll do what Louie would do.' She got on her knees and she prayed for a miracle … everybody saw it … It stopped raining. The sun came out, a rainbow came out, she said, 'let's get this take' [and] they shot the take. When she said 'cut,' it started to rain again.
Even in his death (July 2 at the age of 97), Zamperini prompted Jolie to reach out to God. Garris stressed how, less than an hour after her father’s death, Jolie visited the hospital where she “was point[ed] above saying 'I know he's with us, I know he's there with God.'”
 “I think maybe in God's plan for Angelina, she was supposed to find Louie and make this movie to find her way to a life that would encompass the Almighty," Garris continued.
That comment appeared in stark contrast to a statement made by Jolie in 2000. “There doesn’t need to be a God for me,” she said. “There’s something in people that’s spiritual, that’s godlike.”
The film adaptation is based on Laura Hillenbrand's bestseller, “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience and Redemption.”The book, hailed by the media, details Zamperini’s life. The description reads:
In boyhood, Louis Zamperini was an incorrigible delinquent. As a teenager, he channeled his defiance into running, discovering a prodigious talent that had carried him to the Berlin Olympics. But when World War II began, the athlete became an airman, embarking on a journey that led to a doomed flight on a May afternoon in 1943.
When his Army Air Forces bomber crashed into the Pacific Ocean, against all odds, Zamperini survived, adrift on a foundering life raft. Ahead of Zamperini lay thousands of miles of open ocean, leaping sharks, thirst and starvation, enemy aircraft, and, beyond, a trial even greater.
Driven to the limits of endurance, Zamperini would answer desperation with ingenuity; suffering with hope, resolve, and humor; brutality with rebellion. His fate, whether triumph or tragedy, would be suspended on the fraying wire of his will.
A World reporter once asked Zamperini “how important it was for the story of his conversion and faith to make it into the book.” He replied, “There wouldn’t be a book without it.”
Jolie recently made other headlines for praising marriage – a tidbit the media reported on positively.
- See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2014/12/09/hollywood-conversion-angelina-jolie-drops-knees-prayer-unbroken-set#sthash.Qri1KcNA.dpuf

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Dec 2014, 12:16 pm

Rev. Graham: ‘Politicians Aren’t Going to Solve the Mess…It’s Going to be God’
December 22, 2014 - 3:54 PM
Referencing the views of his father, Pastor Billy Graham, about the many problems in the world today, Rev. Franklin Graham said that politicians will not solve “the mess that we have” -- not “Republicans or Democrats or Tea Party” -- but that the solution will come from God Himself and His Son, Jesus Christ.
WATCH VIDEO
Reverend Franklin Graham, who is president of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA),  noted that his father at age 96 is “doing pretty good” and that “his mind is still clear, still engaged,” in an interview on Fox’s Hannity on Dec. 19.

“But he’s still concerned about the world in which we live, and he sees, especially as we come to Christmas, that the answer to the problems of the world is the prince of peace, Jesus Christ,” said Rev. Graham.
“Politicians aren't going to solve the mess that we have,” he continued.  “It's not going to be Republicans or Democrats or Tea Party, but it's going to be God Himself, and his Son, Jesus Christ.”
Host Sean Hannity then said the “world is in a bit of a mess right now,” to which Rev. Graham added that his father, Billy Graham,  “believes with his heart that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and that no man comes to the Father except through Him.”
Rev. Franklin Graham, right, and his father, Pastor Billy Graham. (AP)

The reverend and Hannity then discussed “Operation Christmas Child,” a program run by Rev. Graham’s international relief group Samaritan’s Purse.
Every Christmas, millions of people pack a shoe box with toys for either a boy or a girl, send the box to Samaritan’s Purse, and then the group distributes them to less-fortunate children worldwide.
When the program started years ago, it was distributing several thousand toy boxes. This year, it will deliver more than 10 million.
“We want the children of the world to know that God hasn't forgotten them, that God loves them, that He cares for them,” said Rev. Graham.  “And for most of these kids that get a box like this, it's the first gift they've ever had in their life. And they are overwhelmed by it.”
The growth and success of the operation are due to God, said the reverend, who added,  “I'm not that smart. We started off with just a few thousand and each year it's grown. But Sean, we ask everybody to pray. When they put a box like that together, the people that put this box together, they prayed for the child who is going to get this box.”

“I don't know, God knows, but when we pray, Sean, and we know God will hear the prayer of one righteous person, but you have 10 million people praying for children, just think what God might do,” said Rev. Graham.
Franklin Graham, 62, is married and has five children and numerous grandchildren. He and his wife, Jane Cunningham Graham, live in Boone, N.C.
Pastor Billy Graham, 96, whose evangelical preaching has reached an estimated 2.2 billion people, lives at his home in Montreat, N.C. His wife of 64 years, Ruth Bell Graham, died in 2007.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm

YEAR IN REVIEW: Franklin Graham: Are We in the Last Hours Before Christ's Return?
6:00AM EDT 9/3/2014    FRANKLIN GRAHAM
Editor's Note: 2014 was a big year in the church—and in the world. This week we're looking at some of the biggest stories of the year, selected based on feedback from our readers. Thanks for reading Charisma News this year and stay tuned as we continue expanding our coverage in 2015 to include more spiritual insights on the stories that matter most to you.
As you watch the news, do you feel as I do—that it seems the world is coming apart at the seams? There appears to be no end to the bad news. The killing of Christians by Muslims from Indonesia to Bangladesh to Pakistan. China tearing down church buildings. Christians tortured, beheaded and crucified in Iraq, with villages burned and churches destroyed, and much the same in Syria.
American pastor Saeed Abedini is still imprisoned in Iran for his faith. Throughout Northern Africa, the Middle East, and many parts of the world, the church of Jesus Christ—and anyone or any group who bears His Name—is under attack. In our own country as well, there is great opposition to the church of Jesus Christ. We see this throughout the media, the entertainment industry, government and politics.
Jesus warned His disciples in Matthew 24 when they asked Him about the signs of the end of the age. He said there would be wars and rumors of wars, famines, earthquakes and pestilence. He told them, "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake" (Matt. 24:9, KJV).
As I read the news, I can't help but wonder if we are in the last hours before our Lord Jesus Christ returns to rescue His church and God pours out His wrath on the world for the rejection of His Son. I don't know if we have hours, days, months, or years—but as Christians, God calls us to take the truth of the Gospel to the ends of the Earth. Our job is to warn sinners of the consequences of sin and show them that God is loving and gracious, willing to forgive if we come to Him in repentance and faith. We have to accept God's provision for our sins—the shedding of Christ's Blood on the cross. This is what we preach at BGEA—Jesus Christ, dead, buried and risen! Ultimately this is what matters most in this world.
We have seen firsthand the pestilence of Ebola. This year the virus has already claimed the lives of over 1,000, making it the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history. A medical doctor serving with Samaritan's Purse in Liberia was infected with this deadly virus, but through the prayers of many righteous, God spared his life. All this reminds me of the urgency of preaching the gospel while we have the opportunity. Jesus tells us, "As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work" (John 9:4, NIV).
I have just completed a major evangelistic Crusade in Pittsburgh, and we have another coming up in Toronto, Ontario, and then Erie, Pennsylvania, where the Good News will be proclaimed to thousands and broadcast over the Internet to reach even more. This fall we have a powerful new My Hope film being released with a never-before-seen message from my father about heaven. This is a great chance for you and your church to partner in My Hope 2014 with Billy Graham and invite your friends and loved ones to hear the Gospel. Plan to show it to people you know and encourage your church to show it as well.
Whether we are holding evangelistic Crusades in stadiums or reaching the lost in closed countries in the Middle East through the Internet as they search for answers to questions like "What happens after I die?" or "Who is Jesus?"—through whatever means we are able to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ, your prayers and financial gifts make this ministry possible. We are grateful for your partnership and your heart for the gospel.
Franklin Graham, son of iconic evangelist Billy Graham, is the president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan's Purse.
This article originally appeared on BillyGraham.org
Unless otherwise specified, the opinions expressed are solely the author's and do not necessarily reflect the views of Charisma Media.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm

Franklin Graham: 
Overflowing with Gratitude
“Our hearts overflow with gratitude to God for all He has done and is doing, and we are eager to keep pressing forward as He continues to open doors. We are also deeply grateful to you this Thanksgiving season.”
READ MORE

Franklin Graham: 
Plan Your Trip to Christmas at the Library
Are you traveling to the Charlotte area this December, or driving through North Carolina on your way to Florida or one of the South Carolina beaches? Plan a stop at the Billy Graham Library for an evening of caroling, a live nativity, carriage rides and even a Christmas dinner.
READ MORE

Billy Graham's My Answer
Q: “I'm dreading Thanksgiving this year. It's been a hard year for me, and when all our family gets together I'll just feel like a hypocrite pretending I'm thankful for anything. I'm wondering if I ought to go.” Billy Graham talks about the Thanksgiving spirit.
A:
Today families all over America will gather to celebrate Thanksgiving. And for many it will be exactly that — a time to give thanks to God for all His blessings to us. The Bible reminds us that “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father” (James 1:17).

But some, I’m sure, probably will feel like you do, because life has been difficult for them and they find it hard to get into the Thanksgiving spirit. Does this mean you ought to stay home and forget about Thanksgiving? I sincerely hope not, both for your sake and the sake of your family. For one thing, when life is hard it’s easy to focus only on the bad things and forget all about the good things God has given us. But God has blessed every one of us in ways we often overlook, and we need to be reminded of them. Take a few minutes to list some of the good things in your life — and then thank God for them.
In addition, ask God to help you not only enjoy seeing members of your family (including some you may not see very often), but to help you be a blessing to them. Others may be going through difficult times also — or even worse. Learn to be a good listener and encourager. The Bible says, “As God’s chosen people… clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience…. And over all these virtues put on love” (Colossians 3:12,14).
Billy Graham: Thanksgiving with Meaning
John MacArthur: Giving Thanks in Everything
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Nov 2014, 11:59 am

5 Ways You Can Enjoy Thanksgiving

Having trouble being thankful this time of year? Maybe you dread the impending family drama, or you're overwhelmed with all the prep work still staring you in the face. If you or someone you know are struggling to find joy this Thanksgiving season, here are five tips for making Thanksgiving better and a plan to find true peace with God. Please share this link with friends and family today.
5 REASONS YOU DREAD THANKSGIVING—AND WHY YOU DON’T HAVE TO
It’s that time of year again: Thanksgiving. Time for family, football and pumpkin pie. But what happens when the very thought of the holiday sends you running for the hills? When giving thanks gives you a headache?

Here are 5 reasons you might dread Thanksgiving—then scroll down to see what you can do about it.

Family drama. This isn’t one of those commercials where smiling families pass dinner rolls across a neatly adorned table. You’re just trying to scarf down your food so you can get out of there.
All the work falls on you. You’re the one carrying Lysol in one hand and a turkey baster in the other. (Just don’t get the two mixed up.) You’re in a tizzy by the time the doorbell rings.
Travel takes time and money. Maybe the family could come visit you for a change. OK, bad joke.
You’re at work. Thanksgiving is just another day—maybe busier. Can’t a person catch a break?
What do you have to be thankful for? It’s been a tough year, and you don’t feel like pretending to be happy. Even the word “Thanksgiving” leaves you grumbling over your mashed potatoes.
The good news: it doesn’t have to be like this. Here are 5 tips for making Thanksgiving better this year.

Seeing family can be a good thing. It shows you care. Bless others by being a good listener and encourager. Reconnect with ones you don’t see regularly.
Thanksgiving prep is no small task. Make a list of what you need to do and when. If you can bake or freeze anything ahead of time, do it. Ask family and friends to help you, and if that’s a no go, opt for a smaller meal.
Traveling can be stressful. Set aside time to be alone and stick to it. Enjoy these moments of calm and ask God to keep you from getting upset if things don’t go as planned.
Maybe you’re stuck working on Thanksgiving, but you can still face the day with a positive attitude. Look for ways to uplift people around you. Tell co-workers what you appreciate about them, or bring in some homemade goodies.
Problems are real, and you don’t have to pretend they aren’t. But don’t let problems block out everything else in your life. What can you be thankful for? Your health? Your family? Your home? How about small things you might take for granted? Make a list.
Here’s one more challenge for you: this holiday, discover an even greater reason to be thankful. That reason is the freedom found in Jesus Christ. With Christ, we have hope and guidance, not just on Thanksgiving, but every day.

Let this be the greatest Thanksgiving ever by asking Christ into your life today.
http://peacewithgod.net/mobile/5-reasons-you-dread-thanksgiving/?SOURCE=BY14BANL2&utm_source=BGEA+Today+email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=bgemailnewsletter&utm_content=11.25.2014+email+1

Step 1 – God loves you and has a plan for you!
The Bible says, “God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, [Jesus Christ], that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

Jesus said, “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly” – a complete life full of purpose (John 10:10).

But here’s the problem:

Step 2 – Man is sinful and separated from God.
We have all done, thought or said bad things, which the Bible calls “sin.” The Bible says, “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

The result of sin is death, spiritual separation from God (Romans 6:23).

The good news?

Step 3 – God sent His Son to die for your sins!
Jesus died in our place so we could have a relationship with God and be with Him forever.

“God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

But it didn’t end with His death on the cross. He rose again and still lives!

“Christ died for our sins. … He was buried. … He was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures.” (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).

Jesus is the only way to God. Jesus said, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me” (John 14:6).

Step 4 – Would you like to receive God’s forgiveness?
We can’t earn salvation; we are saved by God’s grace when we have faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. All you have to do is believe you are a sinner, that Christ died for your sins, and ask His forgiveness. Then turn from your sins-that’s called repentance. Jesus Christ knows you and loves you. What matters to Him is the attitude of your heart, your honesty. We suggest praying the following prayer to accept Christ as your Savior:

“Dear Lord Jesus,

I know I am a sinner, and I ask for your forgiveness. I believe you died for my sins and rose from the dead. I trust and follow you as my Lord and Savior. Guide my life and help me to do your will.

In your name, Amen.”

Did you pray this prayer?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:48 pm

By Billy Graham, Tribune Content Agency
How Can You Tell If I Need God?
Nov 12, 2014
Q: How can you tell if you need God? My friends think I have everything anyone could ever want, but down inside I still feel an emptiness that nothing seems to satisfy. They'd think I was crazy if they knew I was writing you, but something's missing and I don't know what it is. -- Mrs. C.F. 

A: In reality, we all need God, whether we realize it or not. In fact, the person who needs God the most is often the person who feels their need the least. As Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick" (Luke 5:31). 

What's missing in your life? I can answer in one word: God. You see, God made us and put within every one of us a desire to know Him. But when we leave Him out of our lives, an empty place is left in our hearts that nothing else can ever fill. We may ignore it or try to fill it with other things -- and for a time, we may think we've succeeded. But this never lasts, and we're left empty and dissatisfied. 

But it doesn't need to be this way! God loves us and wants to come into our lives and fill our empty hearts with Himself. Can you imagine anything greater or more fulfilling? And He has made this possible by sending Jesus Christ into the world to bridge the gap between us and God -- a gap caused by our sin. 

Don't let your friends, your social position, or anything else keep you from Christ. By a simple prayer of faith ask Him to come into your life today -- and He will. The Bible's promise is true: "In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind" (John 1:4). 

======== 

(Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.)

(c)2014 BILLY GRAHAM DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:13 pm

Will Be Working in Heaven?
Nov 11, 2014
Q: I used to think heaven was a place of rest, and I've always looked forward to going there. But recently I heard someone say that God has work for us to do in heaven. I'm having a hard time with this because I'm tired of working. -- M.F. 

A: The Bible doesn't answer all our questions about heaven, but it certainly assures us that heaven will be a place of perfect peace and rest. The Bible says, "They will rest from their labor" (Revelation 14:13). 

At the same time, the Bible also says that God will have work for us in heaven -- and we ought to be glad for this! After all, if all we did in heaven was sit around with nothing to do, we'd get very bored. But heaven won't be boring -- and one reason is because God will have work for us to do. The Bible says, "His servants will serve him" (Revelation 22:3). 

But here is the amazing thing: In heaven, we'll never grow weary or tired, like we do here. When Adam and Eve rebelled against God, from that moment on work became a burden for the whole human race (see Genesis 3:17-19). But in heaven, that curse will be lifted, and work will no longer be a burden. Instead, it will be a joy! The Bible doesn't tell us exactly what it will be, but we'll be serving God -- which is the highest honor imaginable. 

Is heaven your destiny? Are you certain that when you die you'll be with God forever? You can be, by putting your faith and trust in Christ for your eternal salvation. If you've never done so, ask Him to come into your life today. Jesus said, "I am going there to prepare a place for you" (John 14:2). 

======== 

(Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Nov 2014, 1:59 pm

How Can God Help Me Financially?
Nov 10, 2014
Q: I know this isn't a spiritual question, but I just can't seem to get ahead financially. I can't blame the economy because I have a good job and everything, but I keep making dumb decisions that only get me deeper in debt. Praying about it doesn't seem to help. What should I do? -- L.W. 

A: I've often said that God is concerned about everything that concerns us -- and that includes our finances. In fact, the Bible often speaks about our money and how we ought to handle it. 

You say you pray about your financial situation, but what exactly are you asking God to do? Are you hoping He'll just intervene somehow and straighten out everything that's gone wrong? Or are you asking Him instead for wisdom to help you understand why you've gotten into this predicament, and wisdom also to know what practical steps to take to get out of it? I hope it's the latter -- because that's the kind of prayer God wants to answer. 

What can you do? First, ask God to help you discover what you've done wrong. Part of your problem, I suspect, is that you've been spending unwisely, buying things you don't need or can't afford. Is it because you're trying to impress others? Is it just to make you feel good? Whatever the reason, face it honestly, and ask God to help you avoid it in the future.

Then ask God to help you take practical steps to bring your finances under control. Get a realistic budget -- and stick to it. Develop a systematic plan to get out of debt. Most of all, commit your money -- and your entire life -- to Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth.... But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven" (Matthew 6:19-20). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Nov 2014, 10:28 pm

"A Living Hope" — A Year with Jesus for 11/08/2014

Note from Jesus

Dear Faithful One, 

Life is full of challenges when you are bound to the realities of mortality. I know, not just because I AM God, but also because I suffered those mortal realities in My own physical body. Yet in the lives of some of My disciples there is more than just the realities of mortal flesh; they also face persecution and some even martyrdom. I know about those realities as well. But I conquered sin, death, and hell when I rose from the dead never to die again. So as Peter begins his letter to My disciples who are facing imminent persecution and possible martyrdom, he doesn't begin with kind words of encouragement. Instead, Peter begins with an outburst of praise to the Father for raising Me from the dead and giving all those who are Mine "a living hope" and "an eternal inheritance... that will never fade or fail." 

What is powerful for you in this outburst of praise is that you are like these early disciples Peter addresses: You did not witness My earthly life and ministry. Yet as I promised Thomas about those who had not seen Me and yet still believe, you are blessed (John 20:29)! You are blessed because "you do believe in Him [Me] and celebrate with a joy that is glorious and beyond words. You are receiving the salvation of your souls as the result of your faith. 

While you look back in faith on what I did, know that angels — the "heavenly messengers" — stood on tiptoe awaiting My coming. They knew their waiting and wondering about My work and My time were to serve you and your fellow disciples, the very people on whom the end of ages has come. 

In times of trial and persecution, true encouragement always begins with Me — with faith in Me, praise for what the Father has done through Me, and praise for the glory you will share with Me! Platitudes and slogans will not sustain people through the storms of persecution and martyrdom; praise rooted in the things I have done for you and promised to you will sustain you!
Verses to Live

As you read these words of praise immediately following the opening salutation in the letter you call 1 Peter, I encourage you to read these words several times. Instead of being intimidated by your times, your enemies, or the threats against you, focus on the assurance of your hope — I have conquered what you face and I will share My "praise, honor, and glory" when I AM "revealed at last"!
Blessed is God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One! Because He has raised Jesus the Anointed from death, through His great mercy we have been reborn into a living hope — reborn for an eternal inheritance, held in reserve in heaven, that will never fade or fail. Through faith, God's power is standing watch, protecting you for a salvation that you will see completely at the end of things. You should greatly rejoice in what is waiting for you, even if now for a little while you have to suffer various trials. Suffering tests your faith which is more valuable than gold (remember that gold, although it is perishable, is tested by fire) so that if it is found genuine, you can receive praise, honor, and glory when Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, is revealed at last. 

Although you haven't seen Jesus, you still love Him. Although you don't yet see Him, you do believe in Him and celebrate with a joy that is glorious and beyond words. You are receiving the salvation of your souls as the result of your faith. 

The prophets who spoke of this outpouring of grace upon you diligently searched and inquired of the Lord about this salvation: to whom and to what time was the indwelling Spirit of the Anointed referring when He told them about the suffering of the Anointed and the honor that would follow it? The Spirit revealed to them they were not serving themselves but you. And you have learned from those who told you the good news by the Spirit that was sent down from heaven. Even the heavenly messengers would like to explore this news. 
(1 Peter 1:3-12)
Response in Prayer

O Father, thank You for my living hope, Jesus Christ, the Anointed One. Thank You for His victory over sin, death, and hell. Thank You for the character and compassion that He demonstrated while on earth. Thank You most of all for the assurance of victory over sin, death, and hell because I am united with Him. I pray this in Jesus' name. Amen.
Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse
The Thoughts and Prayers for 'A Year with Jesus' are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Heartlight is proud to promote Compassion International. See children who were sponsored today!

© 1998-2014, Heartlight Inc.

How Can One Be Ready to Die?
Nov 8, 2014
Q: My best friend was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident a few weeks ago, and it's really hit me hard. I've never given any thought to death, but now I can't avoid it. Frankly, I'm scared, because I know I'm not ready to die. How can I be ready? -- M.H. 

A: One of the Bible's greatest truths (although it's one that's hard for us to accept sometimes) is that God is able to bring good out of even the most senseless tragedy. I pray this may be the case for you. 

What do I mean? Simply this. All your life, you've lived for yourself, never thinking about God or doing anything to prepare for the inevitable moment when you will die and meet God. And it's very likely you would have continued this way the rest of your life, if it hadn't been for your friend's death. Now this tragedy has made you stop and think about your own need for God -- and if your friend's tragic death now causes you to turn to Christ, good will have come from it. 

Only one thing will keep us out of heaven, and that is our sin. The problem, however, is that we can't cleanse ourselves of sin; it simply isn't possible. But Christ came into the world to do for us what we could never do for ourselves. He came to forgive us, cleanse us and open heaven's door for us, through His death and resurrection for us. 

Don't cling to your sins any longer, but turn to Jesus Christ and open your heart and life to Him today. God's promise is for you: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Nov 2014, 10:01 pm

Will God Help Me With the Small Decisions?
Nov 7, 2014
Q: I'm facing some important decisions in the next few months, but how can I know what I ought to do? Does God care about things like this, or does He just leave them up to us to sort out on our own? -- D. McL. 

A: God is concerned about everything that concerns us -- without exception. And yes, He does care about the decisions we make, because He knows far better than we do that wrong decisions can have disastrous consequences. 

But God doesn't just want you to make the right decision -- He wants to guide you as you make it. In other words, God knows what is best for you, and He wants to reveal it to you and show you what you ought to do. If He didn't love you, He wouldn't care what decisions you made -- but He does love you, and He does care. The proof is that He sent His Son into the world to give His life for your salvation. Have you given your life to Him? 

This is why the most important thing you can do is turn to God and ask Him to show you His will. Pray about it... seek the counsel of godly people you trust... find out what God says in His Word about your motives and goals. God's promise is for you: "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you" (Psalm 32:8). 

How will God guide you? It may be through a clear inner conviction, or through your circumstances as He opens one door and shuts another. Above all, remember Jesus' command: "But seek first (God's) kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:21 pm

Will Turning to God Solve All My Problems?
Nov 6, 2014
Q: People like you seem to think that if we'd just turn to God, all our personal problems will vanish. But isn't this simplistic? Turning to God might help some people, but most of the religious people I know have just as many problems as the rest of us. -- S.J. 

A: God hasn't promised that all our problems will vanish if we turn to Christ and open our lives to Him. In fact, our problems may increase, because some people may not like it if we begin to take Jesus seriously. Jesus warned, "In this world you will have trouble" (John 16:33). 

But God has promised that two things will happen once we give our lives to Christ. First, He has promised that He will always be with us. Think of that for a moment: We are never alone when we know Christ! He comes to live within us by His Holy Spirit, and even in the midst of hard times He doesn't abandon us but gives us strength to meet life's challenges. The Apostle Paul declared, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13, NKJV). 

But God also has promised to give us wisdom to deal with our problems, if we'll only seek it. Sometimes it may come through the advice of other people; sometimes through prayer; sometimes through the Bible. The Bible says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God... and it will be given to him" (James 1:5, NKJV). 

Don't let your pride get in the way, and don't try to face life's problems alone. Instead, turn to Christ and commit your problems -- and your whole life -- into His hands. God is greater than your problems, and He loves you and wants to help you. Why not turn to Him today? 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Nov 2014, 11:13 pm

Why Can't Nations Get Along?
Nov 5, 2014
Q: Why can't nations get along with each other? Is it because some people don't have enough? If we could eliminate all the poverty in the world, then maybe we'd be able to get along. -- Mrs. E.B.N. 

A: We certainly should be concerned about the hundreds of millions of people who live in crushing poverty today. Most of them live on the edge of starvation every day, and face disease and hopelessness that most of us can barely imagine. God's Word is clear: "I command you, saying, 'You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor, and your needy'" (Deuteronomy 15:11, NKJV). 

Tragically, however, even if all poverty were somehow eliminated we'd still have conflicts and wars. This is because our real problem is deeper than economic inequality, or any other social or economic problem. Our real problem is within ourselves -- within our own hearts and minds. The Bible puts it this way: "What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?" (James 4:1). 

Even if we have enough, we always want more. Even if we are taught to respect others, someone will always want to control them or even enslave them. Even if all our needs are met, jealousy and greed capture our souls. 

Why are we this way? The reason is because we've left God out of our lives. As a result, we all have a deadly spiritual disease -- a disease the Bible calls "sin." That's why we need Christ, for only He can change our hearts and replace our selfishness and greed with His love. Has this happened in your life? I pray it will -- and it can, and as you turn to Christ and invite Him to come into your heart and mind today. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:25 am

What Made Jesus Different?
Nov 4, 2014
Q: Why is Jesus any different from all the other religious leaders and philosophers who've ever lived? I know His teachings have had a great impact on civilization, but the same could be said of other religious leaders. -- Z.L. 

A: If Jesus were simply another religious teacher or philosopher, then I might agree with you (although not all philosophies or religions have had a positive influence on the world). 

But Jesus wasn't just another religious teacher! The Bible says He was different from every other person who ever lived -- and the reason is because He was God in human flesh. Yes, He was fully human: He was born and grew up; He got tired and thirsty and hungry; He experienced pain and sorrow; eventually He died. He also experienced the same emotions and temptations we do (although without sin). Therefore, the Bible says, He can "empathize with our weaknesses" (Hebrews 4:15). 

But He also was fully God! When Jesus came into the world, God Himself took up residence among us! This is a staggering truth, and I know it may be hard for you to accept right now, but when Jesus was born, God became a man. (This, incidentally, is what we celebrate at Christmas.) The Bible says, "In Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form" (Colossians 2:9). 

Do you want to know what God is like? Look at Jesus -- and when you do, you'll discover that God not only exists, but also that He loves us. The proof is that Jesus Christ was willing to give His life for our salvation, and by the power of God came back from the grave to give us hope of eternal life. Don't wander the roads of doubt any longer, but see Jesus as He really is -- and commit your life to Him. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Nov 2014, 2:11 pm

Why Is God Such a Big Deal?
Nov 3, 2014
Q: Some of my friends are really into God, but I don't see why it's such a big deal. I'm in high school with lots of exciting things going on in my life, and I don't need God. My best friend says I'm wrong, but how does she know? -- K.C. 

A: I'm thankful for your friend -- and I hope you are, too, because she obviously cares about you. Don't ignore her advice or take it lightly, because she genuinely wants to help you. The Bible says, "A friend loves at all times" (Proverbs 17:17). 

Why is she urging you to put your life into God's hands? For one thing, I suspect she knows life isn't always exciting or fun, and she wants to help prepare you for the hard times we all experience. Right now, all you can think about is what's happening now -- but it won't always be this way. Which will be better: facing life's hard times with God, or without Him? I think you know the answer -- and the time to prepare for them is now, by giving yourself to Jesus Christ and building your life on Him. 

But your friend also knows you could easily ruin your life by getting involved in things that will hurt you or even destroy you. Don't sacrifice your whole future for a few moments of pleasure now! What will keep you from doing this? Your friend knows the answer: a firm commitment on your part to Jesus Christ. 

God loves you and has blessed you; don't throw your life away by turning your back on Him. Instead, by a simple but heartfelt prayer of faith, tell God that you know you need Him, and then ask Christ to come into your life. You will never be the same. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 8:24 pm

Should I Leave My Husband?
Oct 31, 2014
Q: My husband says he loves me, but all he's really interested in is his job. He always brings work home and often spends weekends working, and no matter how much I get after him, things never change. Is it time for me to move on? -- Mrs. K.G. 

A: I sincerely hope that in spite of the problems you face you won't give in to the temptation to end your marriage. Instead, I hope you'll do everything you possibly can to rekindle the love you once had, and even strengthen it -- with God's help. 
And I believe this is possible, although to be honest, it may not be easy. Because your husband is so absorbed in his work, much of the burden to change your relationship may be on your shoulders, at least at first. But don't be discouraged; it will be worth it. Nor do you need to feel you are alone, because God loves you and wants to help you. And He will, as you turn to Christ and seek His wisdom and help. 
First, make it your goal to be the best wife you can possibly be. Let your husband know you love him, and back up your words with your actions. An unhappy, tension-filled home will drive almost any spouse away. Instead, make a determined effort to avoid complaining or faultfinding, and express appreciation whenever you can. The Bible says, "Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and nagging wife" (Proverbs 21:19). 
Most of all, put Christ first in your life -- and your marriage. God loves you, and once you discover this great truth your life will never be the same -- and neither will your marriage. Jesus said, "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you" (John 15:12). 
======== 

How Good Do You Have To Be Before God Will Answer Your Prayers?
Nov 1, 2014
Q: How good do you have to be before God will answer your prayers? I know I'm not perfect; I have a lot of problems and know I need God's help. But I don't pray about my problems because I don't think God will hear me. -- Mrs. V. McN. 

A: If you were out in the ocean and your boat began to sink, would you cry for help even if you weren't sure anyone could hear you? Yes, of course you would. 
And that's what God wants us to do! He knows all about us; He knows what we've done wrong, and He also knows the problems and worries that keep us awake at night. And yet He doesn't wait until we're perfect before He'll listen to us and hear our cries for help. One of the greatest sins we will ever commit is the sin of refusing to turn to Him in our times of need. God's Word is clear: "Our help is in the name of the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth" (Psalm 124:8). 
Does this mean God isn't concerned about the sin in our lives? No, not at all. Sin creates a barrier between God and us, and when we deliberately hold on to our sins and refuse to turn from them, why should we expect God to bless us? Sin, after all, is serious -- so serious that it sent Jesus to the cross. 
Don't cling to your sins any longer, but repent of them and turn to Christ for the forgiveness and cleansing you need. Then seek His wisdom for your problems. When we know Christ, we can "approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need" (Hebrews 4:16). 
======== 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 41 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next