World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyToday at 8:29 pm by Admin

» I'm Ron Hutchcraft A WORD WITH YOU
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:06 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:05 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:00 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:56 pm by Admin

» My Manna
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:56 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:55 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:54 pm by Admin

» MISC NEWS AROUND THE WORLD
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 9:46 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 9:30 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Mrs. P's Haven of Refuge Inspirational
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 2:33 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 1:11 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 1:08 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 12:58 pm by Admin

» POLL Your response Needed Ilhan Omar
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Aug 2020, 10:41 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Post  Admin on Thu 30 Oct 2014, 9:57 pm

By Billy Graham, Tribune Content Agency
Why Should I Bother With Church?
Oct 30, 2014
Q: I think I can feel God's presence just as much taking a hike in the woods or playing golf as I can going to church -- or more so. Why should I bother with church? I've never found church very interesting anyway, to be honest. -- P.D. 

A: No matter where we are, we certainly can sense God's presence and be impressed by the beauty of His creation, if our hearts are right. The Psalmist declared, "The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth; you founded the world and all that is in it" (Psalm 89:11). 

But if nature is our only teacher (so to speak), we'll never learn everything we need to know, and everything God wants to teach us. For example, we'll never learn why God put us here, or how He wants us to live. Nor will we learn what God has planned for us after we die. Most of all, we'll never learn how our sins can be forgiven, and how our lives can be set free from sin's power. Can you think of anything more important than discovering the answers to these questions? 

Only God can answer these, and He has done this by revealing them to us in His Word, the Bible. And that's one reason why it's important to be part of a church where God's Word is taught and lived. There you'll hear God's Word and discover its meaning for your daily life. The Psalmist said, "Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path" (Psalm 119:105). 

I suspect your real problem, however, is that you have never honestly faced your own need for Christ. God loves you; He loves you so much that Jesus Christ gave His life for you. Invite Him into your life today. 

======== 

(Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.)

(c)2014 BILLY GRAHAM DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:06 pm

Is It Still a Sin If Nobody Is Hurt?
Oct 29, 2014
Q: I can understand why God says it's wrong to do things that hurt others, but what about things that don't hurt anyone? I don't see why they ought to be labeled as sin. What I do privately doesn't bother anyone else. -- G.M.N. 

A: You're right, up to a point; anything we do that hurts others is a sin in God's eyes. If you look at what is forbidden by the Ten Commandments, for example, you'll discover that most things on the list deal with sins that hurt others -- murder, lying, stealing, adultery, and so forth. (You can find the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20:1-17.) 

But this isn't true of all the Ten Commandments. The last, for example, forbids covetousness (that is, a deep yearning for something that belongs to someone else). But covetousness isn't an outward action; it's something that goes on only in our hearts and minds. Nor does it apparently hurt anyone else (unless it leads to something like cheating or stealing). And yet God still labels it a sin. 

Why is this? The reason is because every sin you commit hurts someone -- including you. If you allow covetousness to take root in your soul, for example, it will hurt you, and turn you into a self-centered, greedy person. Every sin hurts someone, even if it's only ourselves. 

But God loves you and doesn't want you to be a slave to sin any longer. That's why He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, into the world, who by His death and resurrection overcame sin's power over us. Don't be deceived, but by faith turn to Christ for the forgiveness and new life you need. The Bible says, "Everyone who sins breaks the law.... (But) he appeared so that he might take away our sins" (1 John 3:4,5). 

======== 

(Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Oct 2014, 7:47 pm

Why Can't I Get Over My Husband's Death?
Oct 28, 2014
Q: Why can't I get over my husband's death last year? He'd struggled with cancer for over two years, so it wasn't unexpected. I know he's in heaven, but even that doesn't help much. What's wrong with me? -- Mrs. J.L. 

A: Nothing is necessarily wrong with you; it's not wrong to grieve when someone we love is taken from us. Jesus wept at the tomb of His friend Lazarus, although He knew Lazarus would be brought back to life (see John 11:35). 

After all, God in His goodness gave you and your husband many years together -- and He did so because He knew you needed each other. At one time, you were two separate individuals, but when you became husband and wife, you were united together and became one. But now that he's been taken from you, that oneness has been broken, and a hole remains in your heart that will never be completely filled. Something would be wrong if you didn't grieve! When a loved one dies we grieve, but when we believe in Christ, the Bible says, we do not "grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope" (1 Thessalonians 4:13). 

At the same time, thank God every day for the years you had together. Thank Him, too, for the confidence you have that your husband is now in heaven, and completely free from the pain that gripped him down here. 

In addition, be a friend to someone who has also lost a loved one, perhaps someone in your church. Not only will you help them, but you will also be helped. Most of all, keep your eyes on Christ and the promises of His Word. In time, your grief will fade. The Bible says, "Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 Oct 2014, 4:21 pm

Why Are Some People Hostile Toward God?
Oct 27, 2014
Q: Why are some people so hostile toward God? A man I work with is like this; if someone even mentions God or Jesus in his presence he gets upset. I asked him once why he reacts this way, but his answer didn't make any sense to me. -- Mrs. M.C. 

A: Perhaps the reason his answer didn't make any sense to you is because it doesn't make any sense! In other words, his hostility toward God or Jesus isn't based on logic or reason, but simply comes from his emotions. 

He would probably deny this, of course, perhaps thinking he's being very logical when he reacts this way. But in reality, he isn't. Instead, he has a deep-seated hatred toward God, and whenever anyone even mentions God or says something favorable about Jesus, he lashes out in anger and hostility. He even refuses to consider the possibility that he might be wrong, and his mind is completely closed. As the Bible says, "Fools find no pleasure in understanding" (Proverbs 18:2). 

Why is your colleague like this? Only he knows the answer (if he's ever really thought about it). He may, for example, be reacting against his parents' faith, or perhaps he likes to think he's smarter than people who believe in God. But the real answer is deeper than this: He simply wants to run his own life. He doesn't want anyone telling him what to do or how to live -- especially God. 

Pray for this person; only God can break through the hard shell he's built around his mind and heart, and convince him of his need of Christ. And pray too that your life will be a living testimony to Christ's love and joy. Remember Jesus' words: "You are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9:33 pm

Is Christianity Dying in Europe?
Oct 24, 2014
Q: My husband and I traveled to Europe for the first time this summer, and we were shocked when we visited some of those vast cathedrals and found out only a handful of people attend services now. Is Christianity dying over there? Could it happen here? -- Mrs. E.L. 

A: Numbers alone don't necessarily reveal if Christianity is dying out in any particular part of the world. But it is true that some countries that used to be heavily Christian have become very secular or even anti-religious today. 

Could it happen here? Yes, of course it could. One problem is that our society continues to be preoccupied with pleasure and material comforts -- and when that happens, God tends to get pushed aside. We've also become obsessed with entertainment and sports and technological gadgets -- things that aren't necessarily wrong in themselves, but in time they can keep us from even thinking about God. Our coins and dollar bills say, "In God We Trust" -- but do we? 

Christians must share some of the blame for many of the trends we see around us. How often do you pray for your pastor, the teachers in your schools, or those who in public office? How often have we failed to reach our young people with the message of the Gospel? How often have we failed to teach them what it means to follow Jesus? 

Ask Christ to make you a light for the Gospel right where you are. Pray especially for the young people in your community, that they may come to know Christ and follow Him in their daily lives. Jesus' words are still true: "You are the light of the world.... Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven" (Matthew 5:14,16). 

======== 

Can Anyone Foretell the Future?
Oct 25, 2014
Q: Can some people really foretell the future? I admit I'd like to know what's going to happen to me, but I'm not sure if I really ought to get involved with a lady near us who claims she can predict the future through cards and things like that. -- Mrs. L.G. 

A: I strongly urge you not to become involved in anything or anyone that claims to be able to foretell the future. The Bible commands us to avoid anyone "who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens... or who is a medium or spiritist" (Deuteronomy 18:10-11). 

Why is this? One reason is because such things are often frauds, using trickery or mystical mumbo-jumbo to convince people they have special powers -- and taking their money in the process. Occasionally, I've read the "predictions" some supposed fortunetellers made at the beginning of a new year -- and then compared them with what actually happened by year's end. Very few of their predictions ever came true. 

But I also urge you to avoid occult practices because they could involve you with spiritual forces and powers that may be real but are absolutely opposed to God. Don't even go near them, for they will deceive you every time and lead you away from God. The Bible strongly warns us against "the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil" (Ephesians 6:12). 

Instead, I urge you to turn to Jesus Christ and put your life -- and your future -- into His hands. God loves you; He loves you so much that His only Son was willing to give His life for you. By a simple prayer of faith you can invite Jesus Christ into your life today -- and I pray you will. He alone is "the way and the truth and the life" (John 14:6). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm

Can You Lose Your Salvation?
Oct 22, 2014
Q: Can you lose your salvation once you've honestly committed your life to Jesus? A friend of mine says you can, and another says you can't. This bothers me, because I sincerely believe in Jesus, but I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and maybe lose it all. -- R.J 

A: I don't doubt the sincerity of your friend who believes we can lose our salvation if we sin after we've given our lives to Christ, but I respectfully disagree. Jesus said, "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away" (John 6:37). 

Think of it this way. When a child is born, he or she becomes part of a family. Even if they rebel or do something wrong, they're still a member of that family, and nothing can ever end that relationship. And when we come to Christ, we become members of a new family -- the family of God. We are now His children, and just as an earthly child will always be part of their family, so we will always be part of Christ's family -- even if we sin and turn away from Him for a time. 

But let me add two important warnings. The first is a warning against false belief -- that is, assuming we're committed to Christ when we really aren't. Many people, I'm afraid, fall into this category. They're like the plants Jesus warned about, that grew for a time but then withered and died (see Luke 8:4-15). 

The second is a warning against allowing sin to control us -- even as believers. Sin cuts us off from God, and has devastating effects on our lives. Flee from sin, the Bible says, "and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness" (1 Timothy 6:11). 

======== 

Are More Christians Dying For Their Faith Than Ever?
Oct 23, 2014
Q: I read an article recently that said more Christians are dying for their faith today than at any other time in history. Is this true? Why don't we ever hear about this? -- Mrs. D. McC. 

A: Tragically, reliable reports certainly indicate this is true. We don't see it in our part of the world right now, which may be one reason we seldom hear such reports, but in a number of countries today Christians are being driven from their homes or even killed for their faith.

In some ways, we shouldn't be surprised at this. Jesus repeatedly warned His disciples that an unbelieving world would not welcome them, in spite of the fact that they were followers of the Prince of Peace. The early Christians frequently faced hostility from the pagan rulers of their day, and also from those who followed other religions. The Apostle Paul (who repeatedly faced jail and even death while preaching the Gospel) warned, "Everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted" (2 Timothy 3:12). 

Why is this? One reason is because Christ exposes the false hopes and beliefs of those who refuse to follow the living God -- and they resent it. In addition, He calls us to turn from sin and live righteous lives -- and many people refuse to do this. More than that, Satan is constantly at work behind the scenes, seeking to turn people against God -- and against His people. 

Pray for those who are being persecuted for their faith, wherever they are. Even in our own country, many people face prejudice and scorn and hostility because of their faith in Christ. Most of all, make sure of your own commitment to Jesus Christ, and make it your goal to be faithful to Him no matter what the future holds. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Oct 2014, 10:39 pm

As A Christian Will I Be Perfect?
Oct 21, 2014
Q: If I become a Christian, will I have to be perfect? A friend of mine is urging me to ask Jesus to come into my life, but I don't think I'd ever be able to do what God requires. -- P.C.F. 

A: If God required us to be perfect, then no one -- absolutely no one -- would ever be able to be a Christian! We're all sinners, and no matter how hard we try, we still sin and fall short of God's standard. If this weren't true, why would Jesus tell us to pray, "Forgive us our sins" (Luke 11:4)? 

One of the Bible's greatest truths is that God welcomes us just as we are. He knows all about us; He knows our failures and our sins, and He knows too the tendency we have to do wrong. But God still loves us, and He wants to forgive us and welcome us into His family -- and He will, as we repent of our sins and turn in faith to Christ for our salvation. Because of Christ, the Bible says, "we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins" (Colossians 1:14). 

Does this mean we can live any way we want to after we give our lives to Christ? No, of course not, but if we've truly committed our lives to Him, we won't want to live that way! Instead, we'll want to live for Him and follow Him, because we now belong to Him. 

Be thankful for your friend's concern for you. But most of all, be thankful for Christ's concern for you -- a concern so great that He was willing to go to the cross and die for you. Don't turn away from Christ, but accept the free gift of salvation He offers you, by inviting Him to come into your life today. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Oct 2014, 7:17 pm

Is It Wrong to Have Doubts About God?
Oct 20, 2014
Q: Is it wrong to have doubts about God? My parents say I shouldn't question anything but just take it on faith, but I have a hard time doing that. When some of my friends ask why I believe in Jesus, they aren't convinced if I just say I have faith. -- K.D. 

A: I'm sure most of us have had doubts, but the real question is what we do with them. Do we cling to them, or do we seek answers to them? In other words, do we use them as an excuse to keep away from God -- or do we use them to move us closer to God? 

Do you remember Thomas, who was one of Jesus' disciples? After Christ's resurrection, some of the other disciples told Thomas that Jesus had come back from the grave -- just as He had promised. But Thomas refused to believe them, saying he would only believe in Jesus if he could see Him with his eyes and touch His body with his hands. The other disciples urged him to have faith, but for "doubting Thomas," faith wasn't enough. 

But Thomas's story doesn't end there. Instead of turning his back on them, a week later Thomas joined the other disciples -- and Jesus suddenly appeared in their midst. And when He did, Thomas's doubts fell away and faith took their place. He exclaimed, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28). 

Don't let doubt destroy your mind and heart. Instead, look honestly at Jesus as He is found in the pages of the New Testament. When you do, you'll begin to understand who He was and what He did. Then (like Thomas) your doubts will flee, and your faith will grow stronger on a foundation of facts -- the facts of Christ's life, death and resurrection for you. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 1:03 pm

How Can God Allow Senseless Acts of Violence?
Oct 18, 2014
Q: How can we explain the senseless acts of violence that seem to happen almost every day? I was brought up to believe we all have a conscience, and therefore we all should know the difference between right and wrong. But this doesn't seem to be the case with some people today. -- H.R.W. 

A: You're right, up to a point; God has placed within each of us a sense of right and wrong (what we usually call our conscience), and it certainly should lead us to do what's right. This is why the Apostle Paul could say to those who falsely accused him of wrongdoing, "I have fulfilled my duty to God in all good conscience to this day" (Acts 23:1). 

The problem, however, is that our consciences have been dulled by sin -- and the more we sin, the duller they become. In fact, our consciences can become so dulled by sin that we no longer want to do what's right, and may even lose sight of what's right and wrong. Our moral sense becomes twisted, and we end up calling evil what is good, and calling good what is evil. The Bible condemns "the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness" (Romans 1:18).

Don't be surprised at what is happening around us today; our world is largely in rebellion against God. In addition, behind the scenes Satan is also at work, doing all he can to deceive us and turn us against God. 

But don't be discouraged either. God is also at work, and someday the victory will be His, when Christ returns to establish His Kingdom. In the meantime, make Christ the center and foundation of your life, and make it your goal to live each day for His glory. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Oct 2014, 10:59 pm

Should I Pray for My Unborn Kids?
Oct 17, 2014
Q: I find myself wanting to pray for my grandchildren and great-grandchildren, but they haven't even been born yet. Is it silly for me to do this? I do worry about those who'll come after me, and what kind of a world they'll be facing. -- Mrs. L.K. 

A: No one except God knows the future, of course, but almost certainly it will be different from today. That means those who follow us will have their own challenges and temptations, including some we can't even imagine. 

No, it isn't silly to pray for those who will follow us -- even those who haven't been born yet. Repeatedly over the years, I've met men and women who had a godly grandmother or saintly great-grandfather whom they never met, but who prayed for them and for others who weren't yet born. These men and women were convinced that their own commitment to Christ was a result of those prayers, and I can't help but agree. This may have been what the Psalmist meant when he prayed, "I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever" (Psalm 45:17). 

At the same time, pray especially for those who are already in your family -- for those who need Christ, or are facing special trials or temptations, or need God's guidance. And pray for others, as well, even people you've never met, such as your church's missionaries, or believers in other parts of the world facing persecution, or evangelists who preach in hard places. 

Prayer is one of the greatest privileges God has given believers, and it's possible only because of what Jesus Christ has done for us. Through our prayers God "is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Oct 2014, 9:43 pm

How Can I Find Something I Remember in the Bible?
Oct 16, 2014
Q: How can I find something in the Bible that I remember from somewhere, but I don't know where it appears? For example, when I was a child my mother made me memorize some passages in the Bible, but I don't remember where they are, and I'd like to find them again. -- Mrs. J.R. 

A: I'm glad your mother encouraged you to memorize the Bible when you were young; I wish more parents did this today. Even if you don't remember every word now, hopefully God's Word has helped shape your life. The Bible says, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you" (Psalm 119:11). 

The easiest way to find a Bible passage that you remember is with a book called a concordance. A concordance will list almost every word in the Bible, including the phrase or sentence that contains it, and where it can be found. Many Bibles include a brief concordance in the back, and your local Christian bookstore can suggest more extensive ones. Others are available on the Internet. 

I'm thankful you want to rediscover some of the Bible passages you once knew, and I hope you'll do it. But I also hope you'll make the Bible part of your life every day. The Bible is God's Word, and He gave it to us so we could know what we should believe and how we should live. 

Most of all, God gave the Bible to us so we could come to know Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. If you have never done so, open your heart and life to Christ today. Then come to know Him more fully every day, as you discover the treasures of God's Word for yourself and make them part of your life. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Oct 2014, 6:19 pm

How Can I Help My Bleak Friend?
Oct 14, 2014
Q: How can I help my friend? She found out recently that her husband has been unfaithful, and now he's moved in with his lover and filing for divorce. My friend is devastated. How can I encourage her when her future looks so bleak? I feel so inadequate. -- Mrs. R.C. 

A: Divorce has become so easy and so common today that I'm afraid we've lost sight of just how terrible it can be. I've often said that a divorce is like a death -- the death of a marriage. Just as the death of a loved one brings us grief and loneliness and fear of the future, so can divorce. No wonder God has said that "He hates divorce" (Malachi 2:16, NKJV). 

One of the most important things you can do right now is be her friend. That may sound trite, but it's still true. Often, we back away from situations that make us feel inadequate or uncomfortable, but we shouldn't, not if we want to help someone who's going through a hard time. Probably, the best thing you can do right now is to be a good listener, not trying to give your friend empty advice or quick solutions, but simply being with her. The Bible says, "My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen (and) slow to speak" (James 1:19). 

Even more important, you can pray for your friend, asking God to help her through this difficult time and assure her of His love. God knows what she's going through; He also knows the feelings of failure or anger or fear she may be having. Most of all, urge her to turn to Christ and commit her life and her future into His hands. We're never alone when we know Christ. 

======== 

Will God Forgive the Since We Forget?
Oct 15, 2014
Q: Will God forgive even the sins we forget to confess to Him? At the end of each day, I try my best to remember everything I've done wrong and ask God to forgive me, but I'm sure I must miss something. -- E.L. 

A: It's good to look back at the end of each day and ask God to show us how we failed, and then seek His forgiveness. Sin breaks our fellowship with God, and it's important to deal with our sins at once. I'll never forget the advice someone gave me many years ago: "Don't let your sins pile up; keep short accounts with God." 

But you're right: We'll never remember every sin we commit. One reason is because we often sin without realizing it. For example, we may do something that isn't necessarily wrong in itself but we do it for the wrong reason, hoping to impress others or because it feeds our ego. Or we may say something that hurts another person, and we aren't even aware of it because we aren't sensitive to their feelings. The Psalmist wisely said, "But who can discern their own errors? Forgive my hidden faults" (Psalm 19:12). 

God, however, knows all about us -- including the sins we don't even realize we've committed. And one of the Bible's greatest truths is that Jesus Christ died for all our sins -- even the ones we don't remember. The Bible says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12). 

Is your faith and trust in Christ? Don't trust your own goodness; no matter how good we are, we are never good enough. But when we know Christ, we know we belong to Him forever -- and nothing can ever change that. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 12:22 pm

Can God Help Me With My Stress?
Oct 11, 2014
Q: I keep going to my doctor about my physical problems, but all he'll tell me is that they're probably caused by stress. But I'm afraid he's overlooking something serious, like cancer. Pray I'll find the answer to my problems. -- Mrs. G.J. 

A: If you're sincerely convinced your physician isn't taking you seriously, there's nothing wrong with getting a second opinion from someone else you trust (perhaps at a major medical center or university hospital). 

But have you honestly considered the possibility that your doctor may be right, and your symptoms may be caused by stress? I'm not a doctor, of course, but I do know that stress can lead to a number of physical problems and symptoms. Our bodies and our minds are closely linked to each other; when something goes wrong with our minds it may affect our bodies also. (The opposite is true, too; when we're sick, it almost always affects our outlook on life.) The Bible says, "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" (Proverbs 17:22). 

How can you deal with stress? First, identify it -- not only that it's part of your life, but also what may be causing it. Then ask God to help you accept the things that may be worrying you and not fight against them or let them grow in your mind. 

Most of all, learn to turn them over to God. God loves you, and He can be trusted with every detail of our lives, including the things we can't control. Put your confidence in Christ, no matter what problems you face. Then you will be able to say with the Apostle Paul, "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation" (Philippians 4:12). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 6:53 pm

What If I Don't Want to Change?
Oct 10, 2014
Q: I know you say a person's life is incomplete without God, but I don't agree. I think the opposite is true. If I had God in my life, He'd just mess it up because He'd make me stop doing some of the things I enjoy doing right now. What if I don't want to change? -- M.M. 

A: You're right about one thing: If you knew God, He definitely would make a difference in your life. We can't take God seriously but at the same time ignore Him or act as if He didn't exist. 

But let me ask you a question: Have you ever asked yourself why God would want to change your life? The reason is simple: God knows that when we ignore Him and live without Him, eventually we end up only hurting ourselves -- and He doesn't want that to happen, because He loves us. We even end up as slaves to our own appetites and desires. 

I realize you may not see things this way right now. But when we cast aside God's moral values and live only for ourselves and our pleasures, our lives are unstable and empty, and we never know the lasting peace God wants us to have. If we're honest, we'll end up saying with Job in the Old Testament, "I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil" (Job 3:26). 

But Christ offers you another way -- the way of peace and meaning and joy. You aren't here by chance; God made you, and He put you here for a reason: to know Him and discover His will for your life. Don't go down the wrong road any longer, but turn to Christ and put your life into His hands. His promise is true: "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 10:55 pm

How Can We Help Our Niece?
Oct 9, 2014
Q: My niece is trapped in a really bad relationship (not married, but living together). It has no future, but she refuses to see this. We've tried to tell her to get out of the relationship, but she just gets mad. How can we help her? -- K.W. 

A: When someone steadfastly refuses to listen to wise advice, there may be little we can do -- humanly speaking -- to help them. They may simply be stubborn, or too proud to admit they're wrong -- or they may sincerely think they're right and we're wrong. Whatever the reason, they refuse to heed our warnings. 

What can you do? First, let your niece know you love her and care about her -- even if she doesn't accept your advice. If your analysis of her situation is correct, eventually this relationship will end -- perhaps painfully -- and she'll need your friendship. You might offer to take her out to lunch and listen to her side of the story, not arguing but gently expressing your concern and letting her know you care. The Bible reminds us that there is "a time to be silent and a time to speak" (Ecclesiastes 3:7). 

Then pray for her. God can do what we can't do, and He can change even the most stubborn heart. Pray, too, that your niece will come to see not only the wrongness of what she's done, but will also face her need for God's forgiveness and guidance. Pray, too, for wisdom as you interact with her. 

Finally, don't give up on her. Even if your niece rebuffs you right now, your life is an example of how she should be living. She needs Christ, and God can use you to point her to His forgiveness and love. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Oct 2014, 4:01 pm

Is It a Sin to Not Read the Bible?
Oct 7, 2014
Q: I know you tell people they ought to read the Bible, but I have a serious reading disability and have never been much of a reader. I just can't get into it. Is this a sin? -- J.N. 

A: God knows all about us, including both what we can do and what we can't do -- and He doesn't look down on you because you have difficulty reading. After all, millions of people across the world have never had an opportunity to learn to read or hold a Bible in their hands, and God understands their situation. 

But God has provided other ways for you to learn what the Bible says, and I hope you'll take advantage of them (if you aren't already doing so). For example, when you go to church, you'll hear someone read the Bible, and hopefully your pastor will base his sermon on the Bible. Pay close attention, and even jot down the main points you hear. Your local Christian radio station also may include programs with gifted Bible teachers who can help you understand the Bible's message more fully. 

Why is the Bible important? The reason is because it is God's Word -- and He gave it to us so we could learn about Him and discover what He has done for us in Jesus Christ. He also gave it to us so we'll know how He wants us to live. Can you think of anything more important? 

Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ. Then ask Him to help you grow in your faith -- and you will, as you put Christ first and learn more of the truths He's given us in the Bible. Don't stand still in your faith, "But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18). 

======== 

How Can I Help My Sister-In-Law With Her Faith?
Oct 8, 2014
Q: My sister-in-law is a very devout person most of the time, but she also gets upset fairly easily when things don't go her way, and then she doubts if God even cares about her. What can I suggest she do to have a more stable faith? -- Mrs. C.D. 

A: We all have an emotional side to us -- and this isn't wrong, because God gave our emotions to us, and they are an important part of our lives. The Bible includes such emotions as joy and peace among the spiritual fruit God wants to give us (see Galatians 5:22-23). 

But emotions come and go -- and when our faith is based only on our feelings, it becomes unstable and uncertain. In other words, if my faith is strong only when I feel good, what happens when I don't feel good? Or what happens to my faith when life isn't going the way I want it to? Then my faith wavers and grows weak. The Bible warns, "The one who doubts is like a wave of the sea,... double-minded and unstable in all they do" (James 1:6,8). 

Encourage your sister-in-law to build her faith not on her feelings, but on facts -- the fact of God's unchanging love for her, and the fact of Jesus' death and resurrection. This is why the most important thing she can do is set aside time each day to be alone with God -- reading the Bible, praying, and meditating on the truths of His Word. Urge her to make this part of her life every day. 

Our emotions come and go -- but God never changes, and no matter how we feel or what is happening in our lives, our faith and trust must be in Him. "Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal" (Isaiah 26:4). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 7:42 pm

Should Couples Stay Together No Matter What?
Oct 6, 2014
Q: People sometimes ask how my husband and I have stayed together for 40 years, since our personalities are so different. For example, I'm a detail person and he isn't. Please encourage couples to stay together, even if they have differences. It can happen, with God's help. -- Mrs. S.A.

A: Thank you for your testimony; you and your husband vividly illustrate the old saying that "opposites attract"! It's not always true, of course, but when it is, God certainly can help them overcome their differences and have a solid and happy marriage.

But this can be true of every marriage, even when the differences aren't as great. After all, no marriage is completely free of conflict; no husband and wife agree completely about everything. My wife, Ruth, often said that if a husband and wife always agreed about everything, then one of them wasn't necessary! God gave marriage to us, and He knew we need each other's gifts and strengths.

I've often asked myself why so many marriages fail today. Many reasons could be given, of course, and tragically, not every marriage can be saved. But I'm convinced a major reason many marriages fail is because we've given our young people a false view of love. All too often love is seen only as an emotion or physical attraction.

But true love -- the kind of love God has for us -- renounces selfishness and seeks instead to do what's best for the other person. This can happen as we put ourselves into Christ's hands and ask Him to be the center of our lives -- and our marriages. The Bible says, "Love is patient, love is kind.... It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs" (1 Corinthians 13:4-5).

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 04 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm

Have We Failed the Current Generation?
Oct 3, 2014
Q: I get very concerned about the future, because young people today just don't seem to care about God. Why is this? I suppose our generation has failed them, but what can be done about it? -- Mrs. K.D. 

A: I understand your concern; young people today are subjected to pressures and temptations that those of us who are older never knew. Our society also has become increasingly secular in recent decades, and many young people today grow up never thinking about God or believing in Him. 

In spite of this, I find young people today are searching for answers -- and as a result many are turning to Christ. Through our television programs and the evangelistic meetings our organization sponsors across the world, tens of thousands of young people are coming to Christ every year. They've realized the emptiness of the world's promises, and have discovered that only Christ can give them the peace and lasting joy they seek. They know Christ's words are true: "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete" (John 15:11). 

Yes, Satan is at work today; his evil hand is seen all around us. But God is also at work! God alone is sovereign, and some day His kingdom will come, and His will "will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). 

In the meantime, pray for young people you know. Pray, too, that God will work in the hearts of young people all over the world. Pray especially for evangelists and pastors who seek to reach youth. Don't give in to despair, but thank God for all He is doing among young people today -- and ask Him to use you to touch those around you with the love of Christ. 

======== 

Was Jesus Different From You or Me?
Oct 4, 2014
Q: I agree that Jesus was a great man, but where did the idea come from that He was also God? I suppose some of His followers came up with this, but I don't think Jesus was any different from you or me. -- R. McF. 

A: This wasn't something His followers dreamed up; Jesus Himself taught that He was not only fully human, but also fully divine. He boldly stated, "I and the Father are one.... Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father" (John 10:30; 14:9). 

But was He right? Or was He deluded, or simply lying so people would listen to Him (as some have claimed)? In other words, what proof is there to back up His claim to be the unique Son of God? Let me mention two lines of evidence. First, Jesus demonstrated His divine nature by His life. Even His worst enemies couldn't point to any sin He committed, and by His miracles He demonstrated His command over nature -- something only God could do. 

But Jesus also proved His divinity by His resurrection from the dead. Think of it: Death could not hold him! If His enemies wanted to discredit Him after His disciples claimed He had come back from the grave, all they had to do was produce His body. But they couldn't -- because God had raised Him from the dead. Jesus "was appointed the Son of God in power by his resurrection from the dead" (Romans 1:4). 

Only a divine Savior could become the final sacrifice for our sins, and only a divine Savior could come into our lives and change us from within. Don't let doubt grip your soul any longer, but discover Jesus as He really is -- and then open your heart and life to His transforming power. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 8:19 pm

How Can We Help My Alcoholic Father?
Oct 1, 2014
Q: My father never had any problems with alcohol, but after mother died last year he began drinking heavily, and now it's gotten out of control. How can my brothers and I help him? If we try to say anything he just leaves the room. -- Mrs. S.G. 

A: I once heard an experienced pastor say something like this: "You'll never understand alcohol as a problem until you understand it as a solution." In other words, for many people alcohol becomes a way to "solve" their problems, by covering them up and escaping from them. But that never works, because the problems still remain -- and alcohol only makes them worse. 

From what you say, I suspect your father feels the pain of your mother's death very deeply, and he's using alcohol to escape from that pain. Not only does he miss her, but he also probably worries about the future and how he'll manage without her. At the same time, he may not even realize what he's doing. 

There's no shortcut; you and your brothers need to confront him with the reality of what he's doing. Let him know -- openly and clearly -- that you love him, and because you love him you can't bear to see him destroy himself. Remind him also that your mother loved him, and the last thing she would have wanted was for him to become enslaved by alcohol. Find out, as well, what resources may be available in your community to help him; your pastor or family doctor may have suggestions. 

Assure him, too, that you're praying for him -- not just to break free from alcohol's grip, but to turn his life over to Christ. May the Psalmist's prayer become his: "Why, my soul, are you downcast?... Put your hope in God" (Psalm 43:5). 

======== 

Should I Bring My Children to Church?
Oct 2, 2014
Q: What good does it do to bring our young children to church? They're too young to get anything out of it, and anyway, I know their constant squirming must be a distraction to others. -- Mrs. N.B. 

A: Many churches have nurseries for babies and young children; if yours doesn't, you might volunteer to help get one started. Other parents would probably appreciate it also. 

However, don't conclude that children never get anything out of church. No, they might not get much out of the sermon, but they'll have an opportunity to learn hymns, and they will also realize that God listens when His people pray. They'll also understand that God is real, and one reason you and the other members of your church come together each week is so you can learn about Him. Jesus promised, "Where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them" (Matthew 18:20). 

Most of all, your children will learn that God is important to you. Don't underestimate the importance of your example! Telling them about Jesus is important, but just as important is demonstrating your faith in Christ by the way you live. The Bible says, "In everything set them an example by doing what is good" (Titus 2:7). 

Don't, however, express your faith to them only once a week. Instead, make Christ part of your family's life every day. Before every meal, thank God for your food; take time at night to read to them from a child's Bible storybook; teach your children a few simple prayers. God has given them to you; ask Him to help you give them a strong spiritual foundation. Then, the Bible says, "we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ" (Ephesians 4:15). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 10:04 pm

How Can I Turn My Life Around?
Sep 30, 2014
Q: I get out of prison in a few months, but my wife has left me and my children don't want anything to do with me. I don't know what I'm going to do. I know I need to start over, but I don't know how. I never thought my life would turn out like this. -- P.H. 

A: One of life's hardest lessons is that bad decisions always have bad consequences -- always. We think we can get by with doing something we know is wrong, but even if we escape for a time, eventually it catches up with us. The Bible puts it this way: "You may be sure that your sin will find you out" (Numbers 32:23). 

Why do I say this? Not to put you down or make you feel bad; you've already paid your debt to society, and I pray you'll be able to learn from your past and put it behind you. You can't change the past, but with God's help you can change the future. 

This is why the most important step you can take is to commit your life to Christ and put your future into His hands. Don't face the future without Him! God loves you and knows all about your fears and heartaches. God's promise is for you: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'" (Jeremiah 29:11). 

How will God guide you? It may be through the counseling I hope you'll receive before you're released, or through your prison's chaplain. In addition, once you're released, ask God to guide you to a church where you'll be welcomed, and can grow closer to Christ. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 10:00 pm

Can Someone Convert on Their Death Bed?
Sep 29, 2014
Q: Do you believe in "death bed" conversions? My uncle never wanted anything to do with God, but hours before he died our pastor supposedly led him to Christ. I hope he's in heaven now, but I can't help but wonder. -- Mrs. J.W. 

A: God's promise is clear: Every person who sincerely repents of sin and puts their faith and trust in Christ for their salvation will be saved -- even at the last minute. The Bible says, "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16). 

Do you remember the two criminals who were crucified with Jesus? (You can read about them in Luke 23:32-43.) Both had committed serious crimes and had no regard for God. One of them, the Bible says, mocked Jesus and hurled insults at Him -- but the other turned to Him in faith, asking Jesus to forgive him and save him. He had only hours to live, but it wasn't too late for him to turn to God. Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise" (Luke 23:43). 

The tragedy is that some people think they can hold off coming to Christ until the last minute -- but then they never do. Perhaps an accident or a sudden heart attack takes them -- and then it's too late. Or as time passes their hearts become more and more hardened toward God, and they no longer hear His voice. The Bible warns, "Now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2). 

Thank God for His grace to your uncle -- and to you. Remember: No matter who we are, we are never saved because of our good works. We are saved solely because of Christ, who died on the cross for our salvation. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:45 pm

How Should I Help My Friend Who's Dying?
Sep 27, 2014
Q: A friend is dying of cancer and is not expected to live much longer. Yesterday, she asked me to help plan her funeral service. I didn't have the nerve to tell her no, but doesn't she need encouragement right now, instead of thinking about her death? -- Mrs. L.K.R. 

A: The most encouraging thing you could do for your friend right now would be to follow her wishes and help her plan her funeral service. 

After all, to you this may seem morbid or depressing, but she is facing her situation realistically, and it may even give her joy to know that others won't have to worry about these details. Otherwise, the responsibility will fall on her family, who may not have any idea about her wishes. Abraham made careful arrangements for the final needs of his family, and it's wise for us to do the same (see Genesis 23:1-20). 

What can you do to help your friend? First, listen carefully to her, and take notes on what she says. Ask questions also, such as if she has any favorite hymns she'd like sung or passages from the Bible she'd like included. Encourage her, too, to talk with her pastor about her plans; her pastor, or the chaplain in her hospital will know how to help her. 

The most important thing you can do, however, is to encourage her to look beyond her present suffering to the hope we have of heaven because of Christ. Is her hope and trust in Him -- and is yours, as well? If not, may she turn to Him for the forgiveness she needs. Death is inevitable -- but when we know Christ, "we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have... an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands" (2 Corinthians 5:1). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:56 pm

What Makes the Bible So Different?
Sep 25, 2014
Q: I don't see why you think the Bible is any different from other ancient books. I'm sure it has a lot to teach us, but so do other books. I grew up in a religious family and was taught to believe the Bible came from God, but I don't hold to that anymore. -- R. McN. 

A: You've hinted at one reason those of us who are Christians believe the Bible is different from every other book that's ever been written: We believe God gave it to us, and therefore it is God's Word. As the Apostle Paul wrote, "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God" (2 Timothy 3:16, NKJV). 

I realize this isn't what you believe, but let me give you three reasons why the Bible is unique, and why I hope you'll take it seriously. First, the Bible is unique because it, and it alone, leads us to Jesus Christ. Why is this important? Because Jesus was more than just another great religious teacher or philosopher; He was God in human flesh. He demonstrated it by His life -- and He proved it by His resurrection from the dead. 

Second, the Bible is unique because it tells us how God wants us to live. Why are we here, and how are we supposed to live? The Bible tells us -- and your life will never be the same once you understand this. 

Finally, the Bible is unique because it gives us hope for the future. This world is not all there is to life; when we know Christ, ahead of us is heaven! Don't turn your back on God, and don't reject the salvation He offers you any longer. Instead, discover the Bible for yourself, and through its pages discover the new life Christ offers you -- now and forever. 

======== 

Are Missionaries Still Needed?
Sep 26, 2014
Q: Some of our young people went on a church mission trip this summer, and now a couple of them are saying they're going to become missionaries. But are missionaries still needed? -- H.W. 

A: I'm thankful your young people had this opportunity, and that God used it to open their eyes to the physical and spiritual needs of the world. They had probably never seen how people in less developed countries live, and I doubt if any of them will ever be the same. 

Nor would you be the same if you'd seen what they saw, and met the people they met. You mention in your letter that they were working with a small church in that country, teaching the Bible to local children and helping put a roof on the church. That may not seem like much to you, but I can assure you it greatly encouraged them. The Bible says, "Do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased" (Hebrews 13:16). 

You mentioned also that the youth were impressed by the faith of the people they visited, in spite of their hard lives. Why is their faith so strong? The reason is because it is centered on Jesus Christ, who came down from heaven to save us from our sins and give us hope for the future. May He be the center of your life, as well. 

Be thankful for the vision God has given to these young people -- not just those who hope to become missionaries, but all who were on this trip. Yes, missionaries are still needed, perhaps more than ever. Jesus' words are still true: "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field" (Matthew 9:37-38). 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:53 pm

Why Did God Give Me a Heart Attack?
Sep 24, 2014
Q: I've always been a strong person, able to do anything I wanted to and was almost never sick. Then, a few months ago, I had a heart attack followed by bypass surgery. Now, I'm weak, depressed and angry at God. Why did He let this happen? -- T.H. 

A: We don't always know why God lets some things happen to us; He sees the whole picture, while we seldom do. Sometimes we're even like Jesus' disciples, who "did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them" (Luke 18:34). 

But God may have allowed this to happen to you for a very important reason: to convince you that you need God. Elsewhere in your letter, you admit you've always been a strong, self-sufficient person, and as a result you've never felt any need for God. Perhaps you thought God was only for weak people, so you didn't think you needed Him. To put it another way, your pride has kept you from God. 

Instead of being angry with God, you should be grateful -- grateful for the years of health He gave you, and grateful especially that He has now given you a second chance. You were on the brink of eternity -- and God pulled you back and has given you another opportunity to come to Him. The Bible says God "is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9). 

Don't face the future without God. Instead, by a simple prayer of faith sincerely ask Christ to come into your life. Even if you never regain your physical strength, you'll have something far more valuable: the spiritual strength to face the future with the hope and peace that only come from Christ. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 9:44 pm

Who Does God Love?
Sep 23, 2014
Q: You're always telling people that God loves them, but if that's true, then why is my life such a mess? No matter what I do, it never works out. Maybe God loves some people, but I don't think He loves me. -- V.L. 

A: I want you to imagine something for a moment: Imagine that one day Jesus comes to your house and sits down and looks you in the eye. What do you think He'd say to you? Do you think He'd tell you He didn't love you? Do you think He'd say that you're worthless, and He doesn't care what happens to you? 

No, of course not -- and if you happened to glance at His hands, you'd know why. Those hands would be badly scarred -- and then you'd remember that almost 2,000 years ago this same Jesus was nailed to the cross for you. And that's how we know God loves us -- not because He takes away all our problems, but because He sent His Son into the world to die for our sins. The Bible says, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:10). 

Of course, Jesus doesn't come into our homes and sit down with us now, but He is still with us by His Spirit, and He still speaks to us through His Word, the Bible. And from one end of the Bible to the other He says, "I love you." If He didn't love us, He never would have gone to the cross for us. But He did! 

Don't let anger, or pride, or anything else keep you from Christ. Give your life to Him, and then seek out other believers who can encourage you and help you deal with your problems. 

======== 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum