World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WORTHY NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 Empty Re: Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Post  Admin Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:46 pm

Will God Give Up On Me Since I've Given Up on Him?

Q: I'm afraid I've been a very poor Christian. In my heart, I know Jesus died for me, but often I don't act like I believe it. I'm ashamed of all the times I've turned my back on Jesus. I feel very guilty and know I need to be forgiven, but how do I know He will? Maybe He's given up on me. -- M.H.

A: If God had given up on you, you wouldn't even be asking me this question. Instead, you'd be cold and indifferent toward God, and your heart would be so hardened by your sins that you wouldn't even be able to hear His voice. You wouldn't feel guilty, either, nor would you have any desire to seek His forgiveness.

But you do feel these things -- because God's Spirit is working in your heart, convicting you of your sins and convincing you that you need to repent. Don't ignore His voice, because you may resist Him so much that He will no longer speak to you. The Bible warns, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever" (Genesis 6:3).

Will God forgive you? Yes -- because He loves you, and Jesus Christ died for you. Sin is serious; it is so serious that it cost God's only Son His life. But Christ died for you because God loves you -- and because He loves you, He wants to forgive you and make you part of His family forever.

Do you remember Peter? He vowed that he would never deny Jesus, but when Jesus was arrested, Peter denied he even knew Jesus -- not once, but three times. But later Peter repented -- and Jesus forgave him. And He will forgive you, as you repent of your sins and commit your life to Him.

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.

(c)2008 BILLY GRAHAM DISTRIBUTED BY TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES, INC.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Questions and Answers By Billy Graham - Page 40 Empty Re: Questions and Answers By Billy Graham

Post  Admin Mon 18 Apr 2011, 11:37 pm

How Can I Manage to Go On?

Q: My life is falling apart. The doctor has discovered something that may be breast cancer, and I'm too scared to even get it confirmed. I'm divorced with two children who depend on me, and I can't face this. Maybe you could pray for me. -- Mrs. L.J.

A: My heart goes out to you, because every single parent has a hard road to travel -- and your fears that you may have a life-threatening illness only make your burden heavier.

But let me ask you a question: What do you think God wants you to do? Perhaps you haven't thought about this, or perhaps you have -- but either way, I want to assure you that God is even more concerned about your situation than you are. He knows your fears, and He also knows your struggles and feelings. He wants to help you get through this, because He loves you -- and He loves your children also.

This is why the first step I hope you'll take is to turn in faith to God, and turn your burdens -- and your life -- over to Jesus Christ. His promise is for you: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). This doesn't mean all your problems will suddenly vanish -- but it does mean God will help you by giving you wisdom to deal with your problems. Ask Him also to lead you to a church where you'll feel welcome, and where others can help and encourage you.

Then by all means get the medical help you need -- both for your sake and the sake of your children. If it turns out you don't have cancer, you'll be relieved -- but even if you do, you'll be able to get the help you need.

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: www.billygraham.org.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 16 Apr 2011, 5:32 pm

Why Didn't Jesus Let People Make Him a King?

Q: Why didn't Jesus let people make Him a king? They obviously were expecting Him to become one, so why didn't He go ahead and let them do it? He could have had a powerful impact on the course of world history. -- J.K.

A: Tomorrow, millions of Christians all over the world will commemorate Palm Sunday -- the day when Jesus entered the city of Jerusalem to begin His last days of public ministry.

Large crowds greeted Him, waving palm branches and welcoming Him with shouts of acclamation. No doubt, many of them hoped He'd become their king and lead a revolt against the Romans, who had occupied their nation. It wasn't the first time people hoped He'd become a political leader; even His closest disciples expected it (see Mark 10:37).

But Jesus deliberately refused. On one occasion "Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself" (John 6:15). Even on Palm Sunday He rode into Jerusalem on a humble donkey instead of a majestic white horse, showing He had no intention of becoming an earthly king. His kingship was to be of a different order -- as ruler of our lives.

Why did Jesus refuse to become a king? The reason is because He came into the world for an entirely different reason: to become the complete and final sacrifice for our sins. By His death and resurrection He opened heaven's door for us -- something He never could have done as an earthly monarch. Now He is a king of a different sort -- the king of all creation. Have you opened your heart to Him, and is He the ruler of your life? If not, welcome Him into your life and commit yourself to Him today.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Apr 2011, 4:20 pm

Which Bible is Most Reliable?

Q: Some people came to our door the other day to talk about their religion. When I asked them a question, they answered by reading from their Bible, which is published by their group. They claimed it's the only reliable version of the Bible and all others are false. Are they right? -- K.R.

A: I don't doubt their sincerity -- but no, they aren't right. No reputable linguist or Bible scholar would accept their "translation" as accurate -- nor would any linguist claim that our Bibles are inaccurate or misleading.

Why did this group find it necessary to make its own "translation" of the Bible? The reason is because the Bible clearly contradicts some of its main teachings -- and the only way they could defend their beliefs was to "redo" the Bible and make it appear to agree with their teachings.

For example, the Bible clearly teaches that Jesus Christ was both fully God and fully man (which this group denies). This is important because only a divine, sinless Savior could die on the cross and become the final sacrifice for our sins -- and that is what He did. As the Bible says, "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Don't be misled by those who reject the Bible's clear teaching. The Bible warns about a time when "evil men and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived" (2 Timothy 3:13). Instead, I urge you to turn to Jesus Christ and invite Him to come into your life. He alone can save us, for He alone died for us and then was raised from the dead for our salvation.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Apr 2011, 9:59 am

Is Christianity Just for White People?

Q: My family came here a generation ago from a country that has very few Christians. I'm interested in finding out more about Christianity, but my uncle says Christianity is just for white people. Is that true? -- Z.V.

A: No, it isn't true. Jesus was born in that part of the Middle East, which touches three continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. This, I believe, is a symbol of His universal appeal, because Jesus Christ is for all people. The Bible says that in heaven there will be people "from every tribe and language and people and nation" (Revelation 5:9).

I encourage you, therefore, to find out more about Christianity. How can you do this? One way might be to study its parts -- that is, to look at all the churches and organizations that claim to be Christian. But that would be confusing and complicated, and wouldn't really introduce you to Christianity.

Instead, I urge you to study the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, for He is the foundation of the Christian faith. You'll learn about Him in a book called the Bible, especially in the latter part of it called the New Testament. I suggest you begin by reading the Gospel of John, which tells us who Jesus was and what He did. It was written, the author says, so "you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (John 20:31).

As you read, you'll discover that Jesus wasn't just another religious teacher. He was God in human flesh, sent from Heaven to deliver us from our captivity to sin and death. But more than that, you'll discover that God loves you and wants to come into your life -- and He will as you give yourself to Christ.

========

Is Meditation the Same as Prayer?

Q: My friend is pushing me to go to a class with her that teaches some kind of meditation as the answer to stress. I gather it helps you empty your mind of all thoughts, and that gives you inner peace. Is this the same as prayer? -- Mrs. K.R.

A: No, it isn't the same as prayer. When we pray, we aren't denying our worries and problems, or pretending they don't exist (which is what this class apparently attempts to do). Instead, we face them and bring them to God.

Think of it this way. Suppose you were carrying a large basket loaded with rocks. It wasn't only heavy; it was almost more than you could handle. What could you do? Well, you might try to talk yourself into thinking it really wasn't heavy after all; you might even try to take your mind off it by thinking about something else. But your burden would still be there; nothing had changed.

Then suppose someone came along who saw the strain you were under and offered to carry the basket for you. You saw he was stronger than you were, and he genuinely cared about you and wanted to help you. What would you do? You know the answer; it would be foolish to refuse his help.

This is what we do when we pray: We bring our burdens to God -- and leave them there. Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28). Don't be misled, but turn to Jesus and give your life -- and your burdens -- to Him. He loves you, and only He can give us the peace we seek -- peace with God, peace in our hearts, and peace with others.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Apr 2011, 11:54 am

How Can I Get More Out of Reading My Bible?

Q: This year, I made a resolution to read through the entire Bible during the next 12 months. So far, I'm on schedule (using a Bible that's divided into 365 sections), but sometimes I wonder if I'm getting as much out of it as I should. Do you have any suggestions? -- Mrs. C.F.

A: I commend you for wanting to do this -- and I'm grateful you've stayed with it! Many people set out to read through the Bible, but then give up after a month or so because they come to sections that may be harder to understand.

The first thing I urge you to do is to set aside a regular time for reading your Bible. If you leave it until you have a few spare minutes, you'll probably rush through the reading and not get much out of it. But if you set aside a regular time -- and stick to it -- you'll have more time to digest the text.

Then pray before you open your Bible. Ask God to help you understand why He included that passage in the Bible, and what He wants you to get out of it. Also, ask God to give you an obedient spirit, so you begin putting the Bible's words into action. The Bible says, "Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says" (James 1:22).

Finally, ask questions as you read. What's happening in this passage? What does it tell us about God, or about our need for His guidance, or about His will for our lives? What was God doing then -- and what does He want to do in my life today? Let the Psalmist's prayer become yours: "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law" (Psalm 119:18).

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

Does The Bible Say That There Is No God?

Q: I think you can make the Bible say anything you want it to say. You could even use it to prove God doesn't exist if you wanted to, because doesn't it say somewhere that there is no God? -- D.B.N.

A: Perhaps it is possible to "make the Bible say anything you want it to say" -- if you twist its clear meaning and ignore what it really says.

Take as an example the words you quoted saying "there is no God." Yes, those four words are found in the Bible -- but what the Bible really says is that only a fool would believe them. The actual quotation is this: "The fool says in his heart, 'There is no God.' They are corrupt, and their ways are vile" (Psalm 53:1). Instead of saying God doesn't exist, the Bible says the exact opposite!

My real question for you, however, is this: Why do you want to dismiss the Bible and not take it seriously? Is it because you think it isn't trustworthy -- or is there a deeper reason? Only you know the answer, but I suspect the real reason is that you want to run your own life, and you don't want God to upset your plans. Your problem isn't the Bible; your problem is yourself, and your stubborn determination to leave God out of your life.

Face honestly your attitude toward God. Then face honestly the consequences of living without Him -- both now, and in eternity. Don't be deceived, but face honestly your need of Christ and His forgiveness. Then discover the joy of knowing God personally by turning to Jesus Christ and giving your life to Him. The Bible's words are true: "In him was life, and that life was the light of men" (John 1:4).

========

Why Do Churches Spend So Much Time Fundraising?

Q: I quit going to church because all they did was ask for money. I guess churches need money like everyone else, but I don't think they should talk about it so much, do you? -- Mrs. J.H.

A: Yes, churches and other organizations need money to do their work -- but it shouldn't be their focus. The Apostle Paul wrote that one of the characteristics of a faithful pastor or other church leader is that they are "not a lover of money" (1 Timothy 3:3).

I'm sorry you had a negative impression of this church -- but that shouldn't keep you from becoming involved in another church. This church was the exception, not the rule; most churches in my experience simply let people know their needs, and then trust God to bring in the finances they'll require. Perhaps this church (like many today) was hard hit by the recent financial crisis, and its pastor may not have realized he was devoting so much time to the budget.

The deeper question, however, is this: What does God want to do in your life? The answer is that He wants you to grow in your faith and become more like Christ. He wants you to "put off your old self... and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness" (Ephesians 4:22,24). But how will this happen? One way is through your fellowship with other believers. You need the church -- and the church needs you.

Ask God to lead you to the church of His choice for you -- a place where you'll hear God's Word and can join other believers in prayer and worship. Don't be a solitary Christian, but thank God for giving you the opportunity to join with others in growing stronger in your faith.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Apr 2011, 11:16 am

What Makes People Turn Against God?

Q: What makes some people turn against God, although they've been raised in a godly home and may even have professed faith in Jesus when they were young? My cousin is like this, and I don't know how to help him. -- N.D.

A: Have you ever asked your cousin why he turned away from the faith he knew as a child? It would be interesting to know what he'd say -- if, in fact, he's ever thought deeply about it.

I added that last phrase because over the years I've discovered that many people who drift away from God actually don't think much about it -- or if they do, they end up deceiving themselves. Some, for example, say they've turned away from Christ because they grew tired of their church, or because they decided that Christians were just hypocrites. Others claim they have questions about God that no one has been able to answer, and so they've left God behind.

But often these aren't the real reasons they've rejected Christ. Often the real reason is that they simply want to run their own lives. They don't want anyone -- especially God -- to tell them what to do, and they want instead to live for themselves. They reject Jesus' call to self-sacrifice: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me" (Luke 9:23).

Pray for your uncle, that God will convict him of his sin and draw him back to Jesus Christ. Ask God also to make you a witness to him of Christ's transforming power, both by the way you live and by your words. Don't give up; God is still "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:34 am

Is America Too Far Gone Morally?

Q: Do you think our nation is too far gone (both morally and spiritually) for God to do anything about it? I used to pray for revival but I've about given up because it looks so hopeless. -- Mrs. D.F.

A: Much that goes on in our nation today surely must cause God's heart to grieve. Far too often, we have rejected God's will and chosen to go our own way, ignoring His Word and living only for ourselves. We are like the people of Jeremiah's day, who "turned their backs to me and not their faces" (Jeremiah 2:27).

But does this mean God can't intervene and turn us back to Himself? No, certainly not. He has done it in the past, and He can do it again in the future. In fact, we may be seeing some signs of this today, particularly among the many young people who are turning to Christ because they've realized the emptiness of life without Him.

Don't give up praying for revival. Let the prophet's prayer be yours: "I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known" (Habakkuk 3:2). God is not powerless, and although we see Satan's hand in so much that goes on today, God is more powerful than he is, and God is still at work. God's will is still that men and women would find their peace and hope in Him, and they will as they turn to Christ in repentance and faith.

Whatever the future holds, ask God to bring spiritual revival in your life, as you submit every part of it to Jesus Christ. Let the Psalmist's cry become yours: "Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?" (Psalm 85:6).

========

Will God Punish Me for Disobeying Him?

Q: I know God wants me to make a big change in my life (it involves moving to a different city and a change of career) but I don't want to do it. Will God forgive me, or is He likely to punish me for disobeying Him? I really need to know. -- T.O'D.

A: Let me ask you a question: If God is asking you to make this change, then why is He doing it? Is it because He wants to make you miserable? Does He want you to be lonely, unhappy, or unfulfilled the rest of your life?

No, of course not. If God is truly leading you to make this change, it's because He has something better for you -- something you'll be missing if you fail to obey. Right now, all you can see is your present life -- and you don't want to leave it. But God sees the whole picture and knows what is best for you in the future -- even if it doesn't seem like it right now.

Never forget: God's plan for us is always best -- always. The Bible says, "As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless" (Psalm 18:30). God loves us, and because He loves us He wants what's best for us -- and what's best for us is to do His will.

It's not easy to pull up roots and strike out in a different direction, not knowing exactly what the future holds. But when we are in God's will, He goes before us and directs our path. Don't be satisfied with anything less than His plan for your life. If Christ can be trusted for our eternal salvation, can't He also be trusted with our lives right now?

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Apr 2011, 1:07 pm

I've Given Up On the Church

Q: I've given up on church. The last church I attended had so many divisions and conflicts in it that I vowed I'd never go to church again. I kind of miss it, but you can understand why I feel the way I do, can't you? -- Mrs. M.W.R.

A: Yes, I can understand your feelings; no one likes to find themselves in the middle of a church conflict. The only one who really delights in a church fight is the devil!

But this unfortunate experience has caused you to conclude wrongly that all churches must be like this one. That isn't true -- not at all. Admittedly, no church is perfect; as someone once said, if you ever find a perfect church, it'll stop being perfect the moment you join it! But when Christ is at the center of a church's life, it will be marked by harmony and love. The Bible says, "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace" (Colossians 3:15).

Remember: When we come to Jesus Christ, we don't only become connected to Him (although that is an important truth). We also become connected to each other -- to all those who have put their faith and trust in Him. We belong to them and they belong to us -- and we need each other. The Bible says, "Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds" (Hebrews 10:24).

Ask God to lead you to a church where Christ is preached and taught, and where people are seeking to live for Him. Not only will you find peace and friendship there, but it will provide you with spiritual nourishment for your soul.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

Why Would a Loving God Send Anyone to Hell?

Q: Why would a loving God send anyone to Hell? I can't reconcile the idea of Hell with Jesus' teaching about love. I'm not sure I even believe in Hell anyway. Maybe everyone will be saved, even if they weren't expecting it. -- P.McN.

A: It may surprise you to discover that no one taught about Hell or warned us against it more than Jesus -- and we should take His words very seriously. He declared, "I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him" (Luke 12:5).

What is Hell? The Bible gives us several vivid images of Hell -- and without exception, they wouldn't make you want to go there. It calls it a place of "darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth" (Matthew 8:12). It also says it is a place of absolute hopelessness, because God is totally absent from it and those who go there will never experience Heaven's joy and beauty and peace. The Bible says Hell's inhabitants will be "shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power" (2 Thessalonians 1:9).

But listen: God doesn't want us to go there! If we do, it will only be because of our stubborn desire to leave God out of our lives. God doesn't hate us; He loves us, and that is why He has provided a way for us to be forgiven of our sins and go to be with Him in Heaven.

That way is Christ, who gave His life for us. Don't take Hell lightly or talk yourself into believing it doesn't exist -- for it does. Instead turn to Jesus Christ and open your heart and life to Him today.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

Will God Help Me Get Free of Drugs?

Q: I got out of drug rehab a few weeks ago, and already I've fallen back into my old ways. I knew this would happen. Now I'm afraid I'll never get free of drugs. Will God help me? I don't have much hope otherwise. -- J.N.

A: I can tell you're very concerned about your future -- and you should be. But listen: No matter how concerned you are, God is even more concerned, because He loves you and cares what happens to you.

That's why you can turn to Him and seek His help. If God didn't care about you, or if He was angry and had given up on you, then you'd have no reason to expect His help. But God is not that way! No matter who we are or what we've done, God cares what happens to us and wants to help us. The Bible says, "The Spirit (of God) helps us in our weakness" (Romans 8:26).

Begin a new life today by confessing your sins to God and asking Jesus Christ to come into your life. Then tell Him that you know you can't overcome this problem on your own, and you need His help. From that moment on, you won't be fighting this battle alone! The Bible's promise is true: "The Lord is with me; he is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies" (Psalm 118:7).

What difference will Christ make? First, He'll give you a new reason for living -- a desire to live for God and not just yourself. But God also wants to help you in practical ways -- for example, by giving you the courage to turn your back on "friends" who pull you down, and leading you instead to a church where people will love and help you.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Apr 2011, 4:43 pm

What Is Jesus Doing Until His Return?

Q: I know that after His death and resurrection Jesus was taken up into heaven, and that some day He'll come back to rule over everything. But what is He doing in the meantime? And why hasn't He already returned? -- B.F.

A: Let me first answer your second question: Jesus hasn't yet returned because God wants to give everyone an opportunity to know about Christ and turn to Him in repentance and faith. The Bible says, "The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise (that Christ will return).... He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

At the same time, we're urged not to ignore His coming, or assume that it's never going to happen (at least in our lifetime). Only God knows when it will take place -- but it could happen at any time, and we are admonished to be ready. The Bible says, "Our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.... So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light" (Romans 13:11-12).

Does this mean Jesus Christ isn't active in the world right now? No, not at all -- and the reason is because He is presently in heaven, seated at God's right hand (i.e., in the place of authority and honor). Even now He prays for us, and He aids us in our spiritual battles by His Holy Spirit.

Never forget: God isn't finished with this world! Some day, Christ will come again to conquer all evil and establish His perfect rule over all creation. Is your hope and trust in Him, and are you seeking to live for Him every day He gives you?

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Apr 2011, 12:05 am

Does God Want Us to Take in Foster Children?

Q: Several years ago, my wife and I felt God was asking us to take foster children into our home. I can't say it's been easy, and sometimes we've failed, but on the other hand, we've seen God work in some of their lives, and that's made it worthwhile. Maybe you could encourage others to do this. -- L.S.

A: Thank you for your letter, and I'm grateful for people like you who are willing to reach out to children who need special love and guidance. I hope others will follow your example, both through foster care and by helping children in other ways, such as adoption.

As you know, children in foster care often have experienced great hardship and emotional trauma, and they need an extra measure of care and compassion. Who is better equipped to give it to them than those who see them through the eyes of Jesus, and want to help others in His name? God loves them and is just as concerned about them as He is our own children, and He is able to help them overcome their fears and hostilities. The Bible says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27).

Not every child is going to turn out the way you hoped; after all, not everyone responded to Jesus or decided to become His follower. But don't be discouraged. Even when you think you've failed, you may have planted a seed in a child's heart and mind that will grow and bear fruit later on.

In addition, I hope you'll make prayer a priority in your life. Pray daily, both for yourself and for those God has entrusted to you.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Apr 2011, 2:44 pm

Doesn't God Need Wealthy People?

Q: I always prayed I'd become wealthy so I could give lots of money to our church and to missionaries, but God hasn't let it happen. Why do you think He's done this? Doesn't God need wealthy people to support His work? -- G.N.

A: No, God doesn't "need" wealthy people to get His work done, whether it's through churches or through other ministries. Most organizations (including ours) rely mainly on people who can only give a small amount of money -- but who are faithful in their prayers.

Does that mean God can't use wealthy people, or that their help isn't important in getting His work done? No, of course not. God has entrusted some people with significant resources, and their gifts can make a major difference to a project. To the best of our knowledge, Jesus never asked for money (although that doesn't mean it's wrong to do so). But a number of people of wealth supported His work, and without them His ministry might have been hampered (see Luke 8:3).

The Bible, however, repeatedly warns us against the dangers of wealth, and urges us to be content with whatever God gives us. Why is this? One reason is because money can easily take over the center of our lives -- a place that belongs only to God. In addition, greed can creep into our lives (even as Christians), overwhelming us and tempting us into paths we shouldn't follow. Jesus warned, "No one can serve two masters.... You cannot serve both God and Money" (Matthew 6:24).

My question to you is this: Are you serving God with the gifts and abilities He has given you -- not just with your money, but with your whole life? Put Christ first, and make it your goal to live for Him.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Mar 2011, 2:29 pm

Why Doesn't God Hear My Prayers?

Q: My husband died a few years ago, and recently I became friendly with a man who was just as lonely as I've been. I really thought our relationship was going to go somewhere, but now he's said he doesn't want to remarry. I've prayed and prayed for God to change his mind, but nothing happens. Why doesn't God hear my prayers? -- Mrs. Y.S.

A: Just because God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want Him to doesn't mean He hasn't heard them -- or even that He hasn't answered them. The Bible says, "The Lord is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous" (Proverbs 15:29).

But God's answer isn't always a "Yes." Sometimes His answer is "Wait," or even "No." Remember: We see only part of the picture -- but God sees the whole, and He knows what is best for us. And He also wants what's best for us because He loves us. We think we know what we need, and there's nothing wrong with asking God for it. But if God knows it may not be wise or good, He lovingly tells us "No."

It's hard, I know, for us to accept God's "No," or even His "Wait" -- but He can be trusted to do what is right. Is He telling you "No" in this situation? I don't know; perhaps He's only telling you to wait. But either way, I pray you'll seek His will about this relationship, and be willing to accept it, whatever it is.

God knows your needs, and He wants you to commit them to Him. But He also wants you to discover the joy of His presence every day, as you open your heart to Christ and learn to walk with Him. We are never alone when we know Christ.

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: .

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Mar 2011, 5:43 pm

Does God Want to Make Us Wealthy?

Q: My neighbor claims that God wants to bless us, and therefore if we just have enough faith He'll make us wealthy. Is this what the Bible teaches? If so, I must not have much faith. -- Mrs. H.G.

A: God certainly does want to bless us -- but the blessings He promises us aren't material, but spiritual. Nowhere in the Bible does He promise to make us wealthy if we'll just have enough faith. Remember: Jesus Himself was poor, and so were His first disciples.

What are the blessings He promises us? The first is the blessing of forgiveness. Because of our sins we are separated from God and deserve only His judgment. We also live under a burden of guilt, because down inside we know we haven't lived the way we should. But when we come to Christ and trust Him as our Savior and Lord, God blesses us by taking away our sins and our guilt. The Bible says, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12).

But God also promises us the blessing of new life -- new life right now, and eternal life in heaven. When we come to Christ, God Himself comes to live within us by His Holy Spirit, and He promises to begin changing us from within as we submit our lives to Him. Even when hard times come, we know He is with us and wants to help us. That is good news!

Have you asked Christ to come into your life? If not, do so today. Then thank Him that He is with you every day, and that no matter what problems come your way, you can turn to Him for the wisdom and strength you'll need to meet them.

========

Send your queries to "My Answer," c/o Billy Graham, Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, 1 Billy Graham Parkway, Charlotte, N.C., 28201; call 1-(877) 2-GRAHAM, or visit the Web site for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association: .

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Mar 2011, 11:20 am

Can The Devil Hear You Pray?

Q: Can the devil hear you when you pray out loud? If so, maybe we should just pray silently, because then he wouldn't be able to step in and block our prayers. Maybe I shouldn't worry about this, but I do. -- Mrs. N.K.

A: No, you shouldn't worry about this -- because God is more powerful than Satan, and even if the devil did try to block God's answer to our prayers, he wouldn't be able to do it. Remember, Jesus prayed openly, and He taught His disciples to pray openly (see Matthew 6:9-13).

In other words, our concern shouldn't be "Does Satan hear my prayers?" but "Does God hear my prayers?" Are my prayers selfish or greedy -- or am I honestly seeking God's will? Do I pray in faith, believing that Jesus Christ has opened the way for me to come into God's presence by His death on the cross -- or am I relying on my own goodness? Is any sin in my life blocking my fellowship with God? The Bible says, "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

It's been said that Satan likes us to believe either of two lies about him. The first lie is that Satan is weak and insignificant, and we shouldn't worry about him or be fearful of his schemes. The other lie says the opposite: Satan is all-powerful, and we are helpless against him.

In fact, Satan is not weak and insignificant; the Bible compares him to a roaring lion (see 1 Peter 5:8). But neither are we helpless against him -- if we belong to Christ. Make sure of your commitment to Jesus Christ -- and then remember: the closer you are to God, the further you are from the devil.

========

Why Won't God Let Me Find My Birth Father?

Q: I was adopted as a baby, and while I know my parents loved me, I've always had a deep yearning to hear my own father say he loves me also. So far, however, my attempts to find him have failed. Why won't God let me find him? -- Mrs. L.J.

A: I don't know why God hasn't let you find your birth father, but I wouldn't discourage you from making the attempt. At the same time, you need to realize that your search may not be successful -- or even if it is, your father may not want anything to do with you. Life doesn't always turn out the way we wish it would.

Regardless of the outcome, however, my prayer is that you'll discover two great truths as you think about your adoption. The first is the truth of God's goodness to you. He placed you in a family that wanted you and loved you -- but have you ever thanked Him for this? Sometimes we get so caught up in our present concerns that we fail to remember God's goodness to us. The Bible says, "Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

The other great truth is that when we commit our lives to Jesus Christ, God adopts us into His family forever. Think of it: Every believer has been adopted -- adopted by God into His family! The Bible says that God's plan was for us "to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 1:5).

Have you asked Christ to come into your life? If so, you are now part of God's family -- and He is now your heavenly Father. Earthly fathers may disappoint -- but our heavenly Father never will. Make Him the center of your life.

========

Can I Do Something to Stop My Parent's Divorcing?

Q: My parents fight all the time and are talking about getting a divorce. Maybe if I moved in with one of my friends they'd stop. I'm so upset. -- A.B.

A: My heart goes out to you, and to every young person who is caught in the middle of a conflict in their family. More than that, I want to assure you that God is concerned about you and your family.

One reason I wanted to reprint your letter is because I hope it will help parents realize the terrible toll that fighting and divorce take on children. God's will isn't conflict and turmoil; God's will is peace and mutual love. If some reader is caught in a marriage that seems to be breaking apart, I pray you will turn to Christ and seek God's help for your marriage. The Bible says, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs" (1 Corinthians 13:4-5).

Don't blame yourself for your parents' conflicts or feel that you are somehow responsible for them. They alone are responsible for whatever has gone wrong -- and even if you weren't around, they'd still have problems they need to resolve. I know this is a hard time for you, but some day it will be resolved (one way or the other), and it won't be hanging over you. Pray for your parents, and ask God to help them heal their relationship.

The most important thing I can tell you, however, is that God loves you. People aren't perfect -- but God is, and He will never abandon you. Ask Jesus to come into your life, and then thank Him that He is with you, and you are now part of His family forever.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Mar 2011, 10:10 am

What's Wrong with 'Bad Language?"

Q: What's wrong with salting your speech with what people used to call bad language, as long as you aren't offending anyone? My wife disagrees, but most people talk this way, so why worry about it? After all, I don't think the Bible says anything about this. -- C.D.

A: You're right about one thing: Crude and blasphemous language is certainly more common than it used to be. It seems like it's almost impossible to turn on the television or watch a film without hearing language that would have been banned in previous generations.

But you are wrong in saying the Bible doesn't mention this. For example, one of the Ten Commandments tells us not to use God's name in a thoughtless or irreverent way. It warns, "You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name" (Exodus 20:7). In addition, the Apostle Paul urged Christians not to use crude or inappropriate language. He wrote, "Among you there must not be.... obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place" (Ephesians 5:3-4).

Why does the Bible urge us to avoid this kind of language? One reason is because our words are a reflection of our hearts and minds. If you constantly use God's name carelessly, it indicates He isn't important to you. If you constantly use crude language, it indicates your mind is filled with unclean thoughts.

I pray you won't laugh this off, but that you'll face your need for God's forgiveness and cleansing power. Begin a new life -- the life God wants you to have -- by asking Christ to come into your heart and mind. Then ask Him to help you submit every part of your life to Him -- including your tongue.

========

Why Do Some People Not Believe in God?

Q: Why do some people refuse to have anything to do with God, no matter what happens to them? My uncle has always been kind of wild, but when he almost died last year in a motorcycle crash he just laughed it off, and told me to mind my own business when I suggested God might be trying to speak to him. -- Mrs. D.K.T.

A: What you say about your uncle's brush with death is undoubtedly true: God preserved his life so he'd have another opportunity to repent and open his heart to Christ. The Bible urges us not to ignore God's warnings, because we won't escape "if we turn away from him who warns us from heaven" (Hebrews 12:25).

Tragically, some people want nothing to do with God. No matter how often He shows His goodness to them, they still refuse to turn to Him. Do you remember Pharaoh in the Old Testament? He cruelly oppressed the Israelites -- but when God told him to free them from their slavery, he refused. Repeatedly, God sent terrible plagues on his land, and at times it seemed like he might relent and set them free. But eventually he refused; the Bible says, "he hardened his heart and would not listen" (Exodus 8:15). It led to his destruction.

Does this mean there is no hope for your uncle? No, it doesn't, because God is able to break through even the most stubborn heart -- which is why prayer is so important. Pray for your uncle, that God will convict him of his sin and convince him of his need to turn to Christ.

In addition, ask God to help you be an example to your uncle -- an example of Christ's love and purity and hope. Remember: Often our lives speak more loudly than our words.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Mar 2011, 12:52 pm

Will God Forgive Me If I Ask Him?

Q: My friend says all I have to do to get God to forgive me is just ask Him to do it. Is this true? God probably doesn't like the way I'm living, but if He'll keep forgiving me as long as I remember to ask Him to, then I'll stop worrying about it. -- J.M.

A: God loves us and wants to forgive us -- but He can't forgive us unless we sincerely repent of our sins and turn from them. Jesus' first sermon ended with these words: "Repent and believe the good news!" (Mark 1:15).

Even on a human level, if we've hurt someone we can't expect them to forgive us if they know we're going to keep on hurting them. They'll only forgive us if they know we're truly sorry for what we've done -- and we can only show we're sorry if we change our behavior. True forgiveness must be linked with true repentance -- that is, with a determination to turn from the wrong we're doing, and do what's right in the future.

Don't misunderstand me, however. God loves us, and more than anything He wants to forgive us and cleanse us of our sins so we can go to be with Him in heaven forever. This is why the most important step you can take is to repent of your sins and turn to Christ for the forgiveness you need. The Bible says, "He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9).

Don't be deceived, but face your need to be free from sin's hold over you. Then turn to Jesus Christ, who gave His life for you -- and by faith give your life to Him. You'll never regret it.

=========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Mar 2011, 7:30 pm

Who or What is the Holy Spirit?

Q: Who or what is the Holy Spirit? I don't come from a religious background, but I gave my life to Jesus a few months ago. Do I need to get the Holy Spirit also? I don't want to miss heaven because I failed to get something I need. -- S.G.

A: I'm thankful you have given your life to Christ, and I want to assure you that you now belong to Him forever. The Bible says that once we've given our lives to Him, nothing can separate us from His love (see Romans 8:31-39).

The Holy Spirit is God Himself, as He works in our world and in our lives. The Bible teaches that when we come to Christ and give our lives to Him, God Himself comes to live within us by His Spirit. In fact, even before we come to Christ, God the Holy Spirit has already been at work in our lives, convicting us of our sin and convincing us of our need to repent and turn to Christ. Jesus said, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him" (John 6:44).

Why did God give us His Holy Spirit? One reason is to protect us from the devil's attempts to win us back. Another reason is to give us the power we need to resist sin, and to live the way God wants us to live. The Bible says, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control" (Galatians 5:22-23).

If you know Christ, the Holy Spirit already dwells within you (whether you feel His presence or not). Now submit your life to Him every day, and ask Him to help you become more like Christ.

========

How Do I Decide Which Church to Give to?

Q: I've gotten on a lot of mailing lists for religious organizations. I'm sure they all do good work, and I know they need money, but how do I decide which ones to give to? I feel badly that I can't give more. -- Mrs. T.R.

A: Don't feel guilty because you can't support every ministry or charity that asks for money. If they are doing God's work, He will raise up others to supply their needs, even if you can't.

At the same time, don't feel that it's useless to give only a small amount to a ministry that God has laid on your heart. Do you remember the little boy who brought his lunch to Jesus? (You can read about him in Luke 9:10-17.) A vast crowd had followed Jesus into an isolated area -- and no one had thought to bring food. The disciples naturally felt the boy's little lunch was useless -- but Jesus took it and miraculously multiplied it, feeding the entire crowd. And God can take even our smallest gifts and use them to touch lives.

The first thing you should do is to pray and ask God to guide you as you give. If you aren't familiar with an organization, ask your pastor or other knowledgeable person about it. Read their literature carefully and prayerfully, and be sure you understand what they do. And don't forget to support your own church.

Giving is important; the Bible says, "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7). But even more important is to pray for these groups, not only that they'll use their money wisely, but that God will use them to bring people to Himself.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:45 pm

What Can I Say to An Atheist?

Q: My friend claims to be an atheist, and I don't know what to say to him. I am a Christian, but he bombards me with questions I can't answer and I feel stupid. He really needs Jesus because his life is kind of messed up, but I'm afraid I'm not a very good witness. What can I do? -- P.G.

A: The most important thing you can do is to pray for your friend. You can't change his heart and mind; even if you answered every argument he threw at you, he'd probably still keep clinging to his unbelief.

But God can break through his resistance and open his eyes to the truth -- and that's one reason why prayer is so important. In other words, God can do what we can't do -- and He often does, as we pray for those who don't know Christ and may not want anything to do with Him. The Holy Spirit is far greater than we are, and He is able to break through even the hardest heart. The Bible says that "When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment" (John 16:8).

The other thing you can do, however, is to be an example to your friend of Christ's love and transforming power -- both by your words and your life. Even the strongest argument can't stand up to the reality of a changed life. The Bible says, "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity" (Colossians 4:5).

I suspect that down inside your friend is unsure of his convictions; otherwise why would he feel compelled to argue so much? Don't be discouraged, and don't give up on him. Some of God's greatest servants over the centuries were once atheists.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:46 pm

Why Doesn't Jesus Come to Earth Today?

Q: I apologize if this is a silly question, but why didn't Jesus wait until now to come to earth? It seems to me that with television, the Internet, Facebook and everything He could have made a much greater impact if He had come today. -- H.S.

A: Don't apologize; as someone has said, the only question you'll never know the answer to is the one you never ask!

I can understand your logic; if Jesus had waited until now to come to earth, He would have had an amazing array of technologies available to Him to spread His message. But the Bible says that He came at exactly the right time -- that is, at the time God had determined was best for His coming. The Bible puts it this way: "But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman" (Galatians 4:4).

What if He had not come then? For one thing, countless millions would have lived during the last 2,000 years without ever hearing of God's love for them, and they would have died without any hope of eternal life. Our world would be vastly different also; think, for example, of all the hospitals and schools that never would have been built.

But Jesus Christ did come -- and because of Him, we can have hope! Our sins can be forgiven, and we can have new life as He comes to live within us by His Spirit. Have you opened your heart and life to Him?

And because He came into the world, we have a message to tell to the nations! We should use every new technology He gives us to tell others about Christ and His life-changing power and love.

========

Do I Have to Be a Preacher to Serve God?

Q: Do I have to become a preacher or missionary in order to serve God? I'm in high school, and last year I gave my life to Jesus. I don't think I'm cut out to be a preacher, but I really want to serve God. -- F.N.M.

A: Some day God may call you to be a preacher or missionary, and I hope you'll respond if He does. When I was young, I resisted becoming a preacher -- but God had other ideas, and it's been a great privilege to tell others about Jesus and invite them to give their lives to Him.

But most Christians aren't called to be preachers or missionaries. God has other plans for them, and they can be just as important in God's work as any preacher or missionary. Every day they meet people who do not know Christ, and may have nothing to do with a church. Who is better able to tell them about Christ than someone who knows them and sees them every day? Jesus said, "You are the light of the world" (Matthew 5:14).

Pray about your future, and ask God what He wants you to do with your life. Then trust Him to use you, no matter where He leads you. God knows all about you; He knows your abilities and interests, and He knows what's best for you. Put your future into His hands.

But ask God also to use you right now to point others to Christ and the new life He gives to all who follow. All around you are young people who are confused and headed down the wrong road. Ask God to use you to tell them about Jesus, who alone is "the way and the truth and the life" (John 14:6).

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Mar 2011, 7:07 pm

How Can We Love and Fear God?

Q: I know the Bible says we're supposed to fear God, but doesn't it also say we're supposed to love Him? How can you love someone that you also fear? This confuses me because it sounds like a contradiction. -- Mrs. A.H.

A: To fear God is to treat Him with reverence and respect, acknowledging that He is far greater than we are, and He alone is worthy of our loyalty and obedience. It also means we realize we are accountable to God, and that some day we will stand before Him to be judged for all we have done.

But does this mean we should cringe whenever we think of God, and stand in terror of Him because we fear His punishment? It could -- but it doesn't need to, because God loves us, and He has provided the way for us to be forgiven and saved from His judgment. That way is Jesus Christ, who came down from heaven for one reason: to take upon Himself the judgment that we deserve for our sins. As Jesus Himself said, "The Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost" (Luke 19:10).

Why did Jesus leave the glory of heaven and die a cruel death on a Roman cross? He did it for one reason: because God loves us. The Bible says, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins" (1 John 4:10).

Don't ever lose your reverence and respect for God -- but don't ever lose sight of His love for you, either. Open your heart to His love by asking Christ to come into your life, and then thank Him for forgiving you and making you part of His family forever.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

How Can God Forget Our Sins?

Q: How can God forget our sins, which is what I understand the Bible says? I can understand that He might forgive us, but how can God forget anything, especially the bad things we've done? -- G. McL.

A: Yes, the Bible does say that God not only forgives our sins when we repent and trust Christ for our salvation, but He also forgets them. The Bible says, "I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more" (Jeremiah 31:34).

How is this possible? On a human level it isn't, of course; we may remember what someone did to hurt us as long as we live (unless disease robs us of our memories). But with God it is possible; He is able to blot out our sins so completely that it is as if they had never existed. The Psalmist declared, "As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us" (Psalm 103:12).

Does this mean God just ignores our sins? No, not at all. God is holy and just, and sin is an offense to Him. When we sin, we're telling God that He doesn't matter to us; in fact, we're actually in open rebellion against Him. We are guilty and deserve only His judgment, and no matter how hard we try, we can't erase our sins or cleanse them from our hearts.

Only God can do this -- and that's exactly what He did when He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to earth to die for us. We deserve to die -- but on the cross all our sins were placed on Him, and He died in our place. Do you know your sins have been forgiven? You can, by turning to Christ in repentance and faith, and giving your life to Him.

========

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next