World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:30 pm by Admin

» Rep. Ilhan Omar AOC SQUAD must go: READ MORE
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:13 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:10 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 2:30 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 2:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 2:16 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:27 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:25 am by Admin

» My Manna
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:21 am by Admin

» If God Created for 6 Days, Why Does 7 Symbolize Perfection?
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 am by Admin

» What Does Luke 10:22 Mean?
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:53 am by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 9:08 am by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jul 2020, 6:24 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 Jul 2020, 4:00 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 Jul 2020, 11:53 pm by Admin

» THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS
Daily Disciples - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 Jul 2020, 11:50 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 2 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin on Sun 19 Apr 2020, 8:01 pm

April 19

Today’s Reading: 2 Samuel 6; Luke 15:1-10

Today’s Thoughts: Standing Firm

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.  1 Corinthians 16:13

A couple of months ago, I shared my faith with my neighbor. The conversation went well (from my point of view). The next thing I knew she hosted a luncheon and invited all the neighbors but me. After hearing about the event I felt sad and discouraged. I thought about what I had said to her and wondered if I had offended her. As I prayed, the Lord spoke to my heart and reminded me that persecution comes in various forms. I am responsible to speak as the Lord leads me; but I cannot always expect the outcome to be as positive as I would like. The Lord softened my heart to pray for her and to ask for another chance to speak to her again, not in anger for being left out of the party, but in simple love for her.

It is not always easy to be strong in the Lord and to stand firm and not give up. Are you standing firm? We have to learn to praise God and share Him and talk about Him, especially when times are calm. Today we have the Holy Spirit and we have free speech. If we cannot stand firm for Him now when times are easy, how will we handle persecution leading to death when times become tough? God will protect you in His way with His results. Nothing can separate you from the love of God. Do not allow your pain, pressures, problems or even persecution to separate you from pleasing Him.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 18 Apr 2020, 8:52 pm

April 17

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 1; Luke 14:1-24

Today's Thoughts: Wisdom Cries Out
Wisdom calls aloud outside; She raises her voice in the open squares. She cries out in the chief concourses, At the openings of the gates in the city She speaks her words: "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge. Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke,  I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.  "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me. Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the Lord, They would have none of my counsel And despised my every rebuke. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled to the full with their own fancies.  For the turning away of the simple will slay them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them;  But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil." Proverbs 1:20-33

I awoke one morning to a phone call from my mom, who lives in Tennessee. She called to tell me that she was okay, just in case I had seen the news and worried if she had survived. The night before, tornadoes had ripped through my family's small town and devastated a large portion of the area. I thanked God that she was okay, at least physically. Deeper though, I wondered how much more was headed our way – in terms of storms. Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a pattern of climate changes and weather related catastrophes? Are these "wake up" calls from God?

Today's verses speak about our attitude towards God's wisdom. Are we choosing to fear the Lord, or are we turning from Him? To fear the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10). Today we need wisdom from above to live in this world as Christians. We must keep our eyes fixed upon Jesus so that nothing else matters. The tighter we cling to the world's goods, the harder it is to lose them. Storms will come in our lives; they will continue to challenge and test our hearts. Read the verses above and pray that your heart seeks the Lord first in all that you do. Ask Him to give you wisdom. Pray for "the fear of the Lord" to bring safety and protection in the midst of the storms. Do not stop praying.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Apr 2020, 5:51 pm

April 17

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 1; Luke 14:1-24

Today's Thoughts: Wisdom Cries Out

Wisdom calls aloud outside; She raises her voice in the open squares. She cries out in the chief concourses, At the openings of the gates in the city She speaks her words: "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity? For scorners delight in their scorning, And fools hate knowledge. Turn at my rebuke; Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you. Because I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded, Because you disdained all my counsel, And would have none of my rebuke,  I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your terror comes, When your terror comes like a storm, And your destruction comes like a whirlwind, When distress and anguish come upon you.  "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently, but they will not find me. Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the Lord, They would have none of my counsel And despised my every rebuke. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their own way, And be filled to the full with their own fancies.  For the turning away of the simple will slay them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them;  But whoever listens to me will dwell safely, And will be secure, without fear of evil." Proverbs 1:20-33

I awoke one morning to a phone call from my mom, who lives in Tennessee. She called to tell me that she was okay, just in case I had seen the news and worried if she had survived. The night before, tornadoes had ripped through my family's small town and devastated a large portion of the area. I thanked God that she was okay, at least physically. Deeper though, I wondered how much more was headed our way – in terms of storms. Has anyone noticed that there seems to be a pattern of climate changes and weather related catastrophes? Are these "wake up" calls from God?

Today's verses speak about our attitude towards God's wisdom. Are we choosing to fear the Lord, or are we turning from Him? To fear the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 9:10). Today we need wisdom from above to live in this world as Christians. We must keep our eyes fixed upon Jesus so that nothing else matters. The tighter we cling to the world's goods, the harder it is to lose them. Storms will come in our lives; they will continue to challenge and test our hearts. Read the verses above and pray that your heart seeks the Lord first in all that you do. Ask Him to give you wisdom. Pray for "the fear of the Lord" to bring safety and protection in the midst of the storms. Do not stop praying.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Apr 2020, 11:20 pm

April 16

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 30; Luke 13:23-35

Today's Thoughts: God’s Eternal Promise

I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth. It shall be, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. - Genesis 9:13-15

I was taught as a child that the rainbow symbolized God’s promise that He would never again destroy the earth with water. Every time it rained, I looked for the rainbow and I remembered God’s promise. Since moving to Southern California, I have seen fewer rainbows, mainly because it seldom rains here. But as the winter brings seasonal rains, I find myself once again searching the skies for that rainbow. What a joy to see that beautiful arc of colors when the sun breaks through the clouds!

As beautiful as the rainbow is, there is still nothing as beautiful as another symbol that Christians look toward. The symbol of a cross representing the cross of Christ. Just as the rainbow is a sign of God’s promise to not destroy the earth with water, the cross is a sign of God’s eternal promise of salvation. As Jesus, Son of God, died on a cross, the cross would forevermore represent God’s covenant of grace and love. The cross is a symbol reminding us that Jesus died for our sins. For those who believe in Jesus, the cross represents a covenant of everlasting life with God in heaven.

Rainbows and crosses are just two ways that God reminds us of His covenants, or promises, to us. What other ways does God remind you of His promises for your life? Be encouraged and hopeful because the Lord will never let you down, He will keep every promise. Sit down with His word and ask Him to show you His promises for you today. You might be surprised at the reminders that He will give you. And never let a rainbow or a cross go unnoticed…take a moment when you see them and give God praise for keeping His promises.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 12:03 pm

April 15

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 27; Luke 13:1-22

Today's Thoughts: Do Not Fear

Only be strong and very courageous, that you may observe to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may prosper wherever you go… Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:7, 9

Fear is a natural emotion that can be good when used for protection but debilitating when allowed to control us. Fear can hinder our judgment and potentially prevent us from moving forward to receive all that God has for us. We too are fearful of many things, from losing control to the unpredictability of our future.  God was very straightforward and serious when counseling Joshua about fear.

Courage means "to show oneself strong" or "to be alert." Other words associated with courage are "agile, quick and energetic." We tend to associate those words as personality types, not godly traits. If God commands us to be strong and courageous, then He desires for all His children to have such traits. He also gives us the same promises He gave to Joshua. Three times, the Lord told Joshua to be strong and of good courage. He then commanded Joshua to obey, while promising him that He would go with him wherever he goes. And Joshua did.

God tells us the same thing and He has given us the same promises. Hebrews 13:5 says "I will never leave you nor forsake you." The Lord has also given us His Holy Spirit that lives within us – meaning that wherever we go God goes too. And He tells us that all authority has been given to us through Jesus. What excuse do we have? Are we as apt to be "agile, quick and energetic" as we saw Joshua to be? We have no excuse to not receive all that God has promised us as His children. We have no excuse to not fully believe His Word and study His Word and live out His will. God told Joshua to be strong and courageous in taking the inheritance as well as in living according to God's ways. It takes courage to live for God and strength to uphold His commands. Both strength and courage are needed, to have both His inheritance and obedience.

What is stopping you? If it is fear, ask Him to give you courage. If it is apathy, ask Him to motivate you to be diligent. Tell the Lord that you want all He has purposed in His heart for you. Tell Him that you do not want anything to separate you from His will, including yourself. Tell Him to help your unbelief and empower you to push forward. And remember, do not be afraid for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 8:34 pm

April 14

Today’s Verses: 1 Samuel 22; Luke 12:1-31

Today’s Thoughts: Every 15 Minutes Living Dead

For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16 

Every 15 Minutes is an intense two-day program designed to caution high school juniors and seniors against the dangers of drinking and driving. The program’s name was conceived from the statistic that every fifteen minutes someone in the United States dies in an alcohol related traffic accident. This program was initiated at the high school which my children attend. It did not only impact the high school students; however, I was really surprised by how it impacted me.           

A private meeting was called for 25 high school students and their parents. After arriving and hearing the introductory announcements, the parents were told that our child was chosen to become one of “the living dead.” Our requirements for participation were to send in baby and current pictures, fill out an obituary, write a goodbye letter to your child, and attend the funeral service. Seriously, I glared at my son trying to hold myself together and said, “I don’t think I can do this.” Throughout the entire program, I definitely prayed more about the emotional components than the actual physical participation. 

Looking back on the 24 hour period, I can tell you that the most challenging part for me was writing my son’s good bye letter.

I was restless for quite awhile before I could pick up the pen. When I prayed, God did give me the words to write and He revealed to me many amazing insights.  I realized that God is not the God of the dead, but the living (Matthew 22:32). When we are in Christ, we are always alive, even if physically dead.  Jesus links heaven to earth. I literally saw a mental picture of Jesus with His arms stretched out, one hand was touching heaven and the other was touching earth. He was the bridge that connected the living on earth to the living in heaven. Death had no relevance or significance because of Jesus.

The term “living dead” had a whole new meaning. There is hope for the believer as Jesus’ words from John 5:24-25 came back to mind, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.” Jesus fills in the great chasm. He continued to say, “I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.” How can the dead “hear?” The answer is “with spiritual ears.” Life on earth is not just about the body but about the Spirit. The Spirit is what lives forever.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 4:39 pm

April 13

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 25; Luke 12:32-59

Today's Thoughts: Vengeance

David said to Abigail, "Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, who has sent you today to meet me. May you be blessed for your good judgment and for keeping me from bloodshed this day and from avenging myself with my own hands.”  1 Samuel 25:32-34

Have you ever found yourself in a situation in which you truly felt that you were being paid evil for good? You reached out to help someone or extend certain acts of kindness to your neighbor only to discover later that they would not do the same in return. Or, worse, that same person comes against you to cause you harm in some way. As humans, our response in the flesh tends to lean towards revenge. When they were in the fields together David and his men had protected Nabal's men who were tending their sheep. Even though David was in need of provisions, he never took anything from them. When David heard that Nabal was shearing his sheep, he sent messengers to ask Nabal for some food and whatever else he could spare. Nabal's response was harsh. No way would he going to help David. David became angry and, as a man of war, David immediately sought retaliation. But God intervened through Abigail, Nabal's wife, before David could act.

Abigail intervened on behalf of her husband, without Nabal knowing it. The sovereign Lord led Abigail to David to prevent him from taking steps that would lead to bloodshed. The Lord impressed upon Abigail the fore-knowledge that David would one day be king, and as king he would not want to bear such a burden of guilt. You see, God knows all things. God allows all things that happen to us. We may not understand why suffering seems to be such a permanent and prominent part of our lives, but God does. It is hard to deal with people who hurt us, especially when we have been kind to them. But God is with us through every situation, just as He was with David. Abigail was sent by God to speak words of wisdom to David. David was wise enough to listen. David gave his vengeance to the Lord and the Lord dealt with Nabal (he died a few days later).

Remember today that our Lord is sovereign. God is in control of all things. He knows every circumstance of our lives. The decision for us is how we will choose to respond to our circumstances, especially when we must deal with being hurt or betrayed by someone. Know that God will work in your life through every situation. If someone is sent to help you, ask the Lord to give you wisdom and discernment to listen to them. Maybe God has an Abigail in your life. Or, maybe you could be an Abigail to someone who seeks revenge. Regardless of where circumstances place us, our only answer is to seek the Lord's guidance and allow Him to handle it on our behalf.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 12 Apr 2020, 11:06 pm

April 12

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 19; Luke 11:29-54

Today's Thoughts: God’s Dwelling Place

And let them make Me a sanctuary, that I may dwell among them. Exodus 25:8

Does it matter to you where you live? Are you satisfied with your house or do you hope for something more, something better? For many of us, our physical dwelling place tends to keep us longing for a something a little nicer. If we live in the same house for a long time, we probably have redecorated most of it more than once. As humans, we get bored and want a fresh look at the things around us, especially our homes. As physical structures, our homes deteriorate in the elements and require repairs and fix-ups over time. Regardless of the reasons, we all must deal with where we dwell. So what about where God dwells?

Where does God dwell? The verse above tells us that God had a place made just so He could dwell with His people. But this place was no ordinary dwelling; it was a holy place, a sanctuary where His people could enter into the presence of the Lord. This sanctuary was built to the finest detail using the best fabrics, stones and precious metals. As the Israelites transported this mobile dwelling place throughout their travels in the desert, they never needed to upgrade, redecorate, or fix-up…even after 40 years! The Presence of the Lord kept all things restored, refreshed and renewed.

But were the Israelites completely satisfied with the things given to them by God? How could these people have been anything but eternally grateful and in awe of the Lord’s miraculous power in their lives? But the Bible tells us that they were stiff-necked and continually complaining. What about us? Are we satisfied with what God has given us? Even more so, what about His promise we have that His Holy Spirit lives within us? John 1:14 says that the Word became flesh and tabernacled (dwelt) among us. Jesus came to earth to dwell with us. He left us His Holy Spirit who dwells in us today. Paul tells us in First Corinthians 6:19 that our bodies are the “temple” of the Holy Spirit, so we are now God’s dwelling place, for those who have accepted Jesus as Savior.

We should be very thankful that the Lord does not get bored with His temples, or His dwelling places today. What if He became dissatisfied to the point of looking for something better? He is God and He has every right to want more, to want the best. And thankfully for us, that something better is just what He has in store for us, not here but in heaven. Jesus promised that He would go to prepare a place for us (John 14:2). The key for us: get our eyes off our earthly houses and fix them upon Jesus, our eternal home with Him. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 12 Apr 2020, 12:06 am

April 11

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 17; Luke 11:1-28

Today's Thoughts: Pray with Persistence

And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'? I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs. "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Luke 11:5-10

God tells us over and over in the Bible to pray. There are many reasons and advantages to praying: we develop a relationship with God, we know that God hears us, we can hear back from God, we can receive peace and we may receive what we want. God loves us and wants for us to tell Him all of our desires. The parable of Luke 11 gives us a different slant on prayer. Jesus is telling us “how” to pray, not “why” to pray. The key point in these verses is to be persistent in prayer and diligent to keep praying.

When my oldest child was a newborn, he would sleep all day. I would look at him and think such nice thoughts. I would have thoughts of unconditional love and dedication to commit my life to raising him. But as soon as all the lights were out in the house, he would wake me up by crying and screaming. My thoughts were not as nice then. I was tired from labor and my body did not want to get up to address his cries in a dark, quiet house leaving my soft, warm bed. If he had not screamed, I might have slept right through his cries. But because of his persistence, I got up and tried my hardest to meet his needs the fastest and easiest way possible. It was not always because I had a sacrificial love that I got up to meet his need, but often because of my need to get back to sleep. That is Jesus’ point in Luke 11.

We all have those newborn cries and screams within us. The Lord tells us that He hears our prayers and will answer them according to His will and what is best for us. But sometimes we need to know the depths of our own desires, and we need to cry out to the Lord with an enduring persistence.  Keep asking, keep seeking and keep knocking…the key is persistence. When we see God answer those prayers, our faith is increased to continue praying for other things as well. Through persistence, we are rewarded. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Apr 2020, 12:56 pm

April 10

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 15; Luke 10:25-42

Today's Thoughts: Seek His Heart

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 15:7

I don’t blame Samuel for thinking that Jesse’s first son was God’s chosen man to replace Saul as King. Saul was described as “a choice and handsome man, from his shoulders and up he was taller than any of the people.” Samuel anointed Saul as King but Saul’s heart turned from following God. God was grieved that he had made Saul the King of Israel. Now Samuel was to anoint someone after God’s own heart. Like Samuel, we judge by appearances. It would be natural to think that the outward appearance mattered because of Saul’s appearance. However, God exhorts Samuel to listen to Him, instead of his own instincts.

David was anointed that day. He was the youngest son, out tending the sheep. He too was described as “ruddy with beautiful eyes and a handsome appearance,” but God was choosing David for his heart. 

To do God’s work, we have to be sensitive to His leading. If we continue to do what we think is right by our own natural inclinations, we might not be representing God’s heart. We can’t read or judge someone’s heart. But if God has our heart, we can discern His ways. We need to pray for the Lord’s discernment. Today, be sensitive to pray before you make any decisions. Then, wait to hear if the Lord is ready to answer. He will make known His will if you are willing to seek His heart.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 11:45 pm

April 7

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 7 Luke 9:18-36  

Today's Thoughts: Everlasting Mercy

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. John 10:28-29 

During my sophomore year of college, I took a class on religious literature. We studied a variety of poetry, sermons and even the Psalms. One piece of literature I remember most was written by Jonathan Edwards called "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." The professor told us that Edwards did not preach this sermon from memory but held his hand-written notes inches away from his glasses, straining to see the words in a dimly lit church. The intensity of the message moved the listeners so much that they crawled up the center aisle with hearts of repentance and remorse, longing to be saved. Jonathan Edwards is still known and quoted for the message he delivered that day.

I have seen a lot of play on words with Edwards' title like, "Sinners in the hands of a loving God." But the remix is not nearly as powerful or life changing as the original. We are all sinners held in God's hands. This God we serve is known as a consuming fire, all powerful and holy. If not for His mercy, we would all be consumed. If we understood who we really are, we could not get out of bed in the morning. God's mercy allows us to handle our own thoughts. We try to justify ourselves as we compare the extent of our sins with others. But the Book of Romans says that only Jesus can justify us. It is Jesus' justification that covers our sins, forgives our sins and blesses us despite our ability and extent to commit sin. Many Christians are walking around thinking that they have crucified their flesh, and that they are living a Spirit-filled life. They feel good about themselves because they do not think they are committing any of the top sins (murder, adultery, stealing). But they have no power; they just have their own rationalizations. God knows better because God sees the heart. If we really understood our sinfulness, we would be flat on our faces every day begging for forgiveness, understanding that God has every right to be angry.

We serve an awesome God. Praise God that He desires for us to live in hope and not in condemnation. His mercy surrounds us and His love blankets us. God wants to give us life in abundance. He does not desire for any to be destroyed. God desires to hold us up, not to push us down. If you are having thoughts that bring you away from God, that is condemnation. If you are having thoughts that are leading you towards the Lord—to be forgiven and restored—that is conviction.

God wants to show you His loving kindness and mercy. Turn to Jesus to be saved from your sins. Being in His hands is the safest place of all.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Apr 2020, 7:16 pm

April 8

Today's Reading:  1 Samuel 10; Luke 9:37-62

Today's Thoughts: Don’t Look Back

But Jesus said to him, "No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62

I have come across this verse four times in a week so I am getting the feeling that the Lord wants my attention. There are so many things that compete for our attention. The home, the kids, work, our health, keeping the car tuned up, relationships and of course, the things that entertain us. If we continue to just try to stay afloat without thinking or praying, we find ourselves surviving instead of thriving. It is so easy to not get rid of bad habits because we at least know what to expect and what to do. When God starts helping us to focus on something better and healthier, we are at a loss for awhile on how to live with the change. That’s why it is so much easier to look back.

The Israelites really struggled with this when leaving Egypt. They struggled with looking back so much that they never made it forward. All they could think about was the comparison between the luxuries in Egypt with the barrenness of the desert. Even though God completely provided miracles for them and freed them from the cruelty of slavery, they could not stop thinking of the comforts of their bad lifestyle over the freedom of their new lifestyle. And they never learned to work it out with the Lord. They just complained about it. As much as we hate to admit it, we struggle with the same things at times.

If we really think about it, life was not better before we became a Christian. The difference is that we didn’t have anyone to blame our issues on then, but now we can blame them on God. How silly but how true! Life is so much better knowing the Lord. We have the power of prayer, the indwelling Holy Spirit, the promises of hope for an everlasting life. We have fellowship with Him, and we should have a great attitude. But we need to learn how to put the Lord first in everything and have Him lead us, instead of figuring out our own needs and asking the Lord to meet them. By giving our lives to Jesus, we should never look back. There is nothing back there worth living for any way. If you are struggling with bringing the past into the future, ask the Lord to help you become more fit for the kingdom of God. Confess that sin and ask the Lord to help you open your heart to receive all He has for you. Then move forward in His Name!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 7:29 pm

April 7

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 7 Luke 9:18-36  

Today's Thoughts: Everlasting Mercy

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. John 10:28-29 

During my sophomore year of college, I took a class on religious literature. We studied a variety of poetry, sermons and even the Psalms. One piece of literature I remember most was written by Jonathan Edwards called "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." The professor told us that Edwards did not preach this sermon from memory but held his hand-written notes inches away from his glasses, straining to see the words in a dimly lit church. The intensity of the message moved the listeners so much that they crawled up the center aisle with hearts of repentance and remorse, longing to be saved. Jonathan Edwards is still known and quoted for the message he delivered that day.

I have seen a lot of play on words with Edwards' title like, "Sinners in the hands of a loving God." But the remix is not nearly as powerful or life changing as the original. We are all sinners held in God's hands. This God we serve is known as a consuming fire, all powerful and holy. If not for His mercy, we would all be consumed. If we understood who we really are, we could not get out of bed in the morning. God's mercy allows us to handle our own thoughts. We try to justify ourselves as we compare the extent of our sins with others. But the Book of Romans says that only Jesus can justify us. It is Jesus' justification that covers our sins, forgives our sins and blesses us despite our ability and extent to commit sin. Many Christians are walking around thinking that they have crucified their flesh, and that they are living a Spirit-filled life. They feel good about themselves because they do not think they are committing any of the top sins (murder, adultery, stealing). But they have no power; they just have their own rationalizations. God knows better because God sees the heart. If we really understood our sinfulness, we would be flat on our faces every day begging for forgiveness, understanding that God has every right to be angry.

We serve an awesome God. Praise God that He desires for us to live in hope and not in condemnation. His mercy surrounds us and His love blankets us. God wants to give us life in abundance. He does not desire for any to be destroyed. God desires to hold us up, not to push us down. If you are having thoughts that bring you away from God, that is condemnation. If you are having thoughts that are leading you towards the Lord—to be forgiven and restored—that is conviction.

God wants to show you His loving kindness and mercy. Turn to Jesus to be saved from your sins. Being in His hands is the safest place of all.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 12:19 pm

October 30

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 20; 2 Timothy 4

Today's Thoughts: Do Not be Unequally Yoked

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? - 2 Corinthinas 6:14

This morning, I was thinking about being “unequally yoked.” (2 Corinthians 6:14) What does that really mean? To what extent does it apply? Like: if you are a doctor, are you not to be in partnership with other doctors? If you are a teacher, are you not to consult with other teachers? If you are a student, are you to not sit in a study group with other students who do not share your convictions, your perspectives, your faith?

Then I was thinking about all the marriages where the two do not agree. It is clear that a believer is not to leave the unbeliever if the unbeliever is willing to stay in the marriage (1 Corinthians 7:12-14), so how do you remain separate or unyoked when your spouse does not share your faith? The Answer: It’s a Spirit-led thing.

We have all heard sermons that have given a black and white/right and wrong message on this passage. I have seen well-intended believers make drastic life-changing decisions because of a Sunday Morning message before seeking the individual counsel of the Lord. Sometimes the Sunday sermon does a disservice to the Spirit-led nature of the Word of God. When a pastor or teacher is sharing, he/she is giving a message that should have touched their heart first. The message is also given for the group as a whole so it will be more generic in nature. As a result, the listener needs to be able to take away what the Spirit of God is saying individually to them, not necessarily with the bent the teacher preached it.

God does not lead us as a group like in Exodus with the moving cloud. He changed the rules and said that now all will know Him (Jeremiah 31:34). I love the freedom of the Word of God and I love how the Spirit moves us at different times with different verses. If the Lord brings to mind the verse “do not be unequally yoked,” it is the believer’s responsibility to say back to the Lord, “What are You impressing on my heart to change? And Lord, please give me the wisdom to know how to apply this change to my life.”

When this verse first came to mind this morning, my mind started jumping to conclusions of all the possibilities the Lord might want me to change. But when I slowed down and asked the Lord those questions today, I realized it was about a social gathering that I am planning to attend. No big changes, no large convictions, just a warning to be wise in my conversations. “Do not yoke in thought with someone because your ears enjoyed hearing the words.”

God is patient and kind. When He tells us to flee and to not be unequally yoked, He will also give us the wisdom to change, move, leave as we trust Him. He will not lead us too quickly or too emotionally or too rashly. The Lord is on an eternal clock and we are called to align with Him, not Him with us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 7:52 pm

October 29

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 18; 2 Timothy 3

Today’s Thoughts: A New Start

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The word "new" strikes a cord with most of us. There is something inspiring about getting a new anything. Shopping is one of our nation's favorite pastimes, bordering on obsession. We love to buy new things, go to new places, eat at new restaurants—you name it, if it is new, then we are interested. And if all of this is not enough, we can go a step further and get a brand new makeover for ourselves. Today, a person has several options from which to choose for their new look, from whiter teeth to a whole new face. Plastic surgeons are more popular than ever as they give hope of not only a new look, but a new life. People today are desperately seeking something new and are willing to do anything to re-create themselves.

I keep thinking of the phrases "beauty is only skin deep" and "the new will wear off." The basic point in these sayings is this: surface pleasures that bring joy and excitement do not last as they eventually fade away. Our joy is not on the outside but on our inside. Our happiness begins within us. If we are not fulfilled in who we are in ourselves then we will not ever be able to buy enough new things or make ourselves look good enough to fill the emptiness. How do we find this inner joy? How can we find true contentment? Our verse today is one that should give us all great encouragement and hope. Anyone who comes to Jesus Christ is given a brand new start. "All things have become new." What an amazing promise!

Nothing we could ever buy could compare to actually being given a new start in life. Jesus promises us that we not only get a new start, but we become a new creation. We are born again in His Spirit (John 3:3-8) and are forever changed. "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins (Isaiah 43:25). Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, He wipes all of our sins away and we are given a new start with a new life. If you are in Christ, take hold of this promise today. Do not believe the lies of the enemy who will tell you that you are still the same old sinner. Praise the Lord for His mercies and ask Him to teach you day by day how to live as His new creation. Ask the Lord to help you let go of the past and start living for Him today. Go forward, not backward. The Holy Spirit will lead you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 10:02 am

October 23

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 1; 1 Timothy 3

Today’s Thoughts: Worship Sets Us Free

And when they had laid many stripes on them, they threw them into prison, commanding the jailer to keep them securely. Having received such a charge, he put them into the inner prison and fastened their feet in the stocks. But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone¹s chains were loosed. Acts 16:23-26

Worship sets people free. How much do you worship? When do you worship? Are you able to worship when your circumstances are the very worst, your patience has failed and your confusion is maxed out? Do praise songs come to your mind at the most stressful times? We need to assess our ability to worship because worship will change our lives. We need to train ourselves to worship in all circumstances.

Paul and Silas were beaten, thrown in the inner prison and their feet were fastened in stocks. They were probably in too much pain to sleep, so at midnight they broke out in worship. They did not have a worship leader, instruments, power point, or a radio to sing along to. They probably could not even tap their feet to keep the beat. Paul and Silas may not even have had good singing voices. But from the wellspring of their hearts, their mouths worshipped the Lord despite their circumstances. As a result, other prisoners listened to them and even better, everyone¹s chains were loosed. Worship set prisoners free.

In many ways, you may feel like a prisoner. You may have habits that you cannot break, you may find yourself in circumstances that have not changed, you may feel that God isn¹t answering your prayers. What are you to do? Worship. Worship when you are sad, feel bad, and after you were mad. Worship every day, at work and at play, worship any way. Worship will change your life and if you sing loud enough for others to listen, your worship may set them free as well.

Lord, teach me to worship. Lord, bring songs to my mind so that worship can be my way of life. Change me through worship and allow me to see the fruit of worship in the lives of others around me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:38 pm

October 6

Today's Reading: Isaiah 26; Philippians 2

Today's Thoughts: Name Above All Names

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

Have you ever been in a position where you were the only Christian? Possibly now, you may be in the situation that your co-workers, neighbors or family members speak against Christians continually and frequently use His name as a curse word. What are you supposed to do? Our tendency is to try to maintain a position of peace (and so silence), especially where our paycheck is involved. We tend to back down, keep silent and ignore the comments. These actions reveal a person who is powerless and ashamed, even if that is not our intent. We should never appear powerless or ashamed of our Lord!

We need to stop and consider Who Our Lord Jesus is. One day all will bow before Jesus and confess that He is Lord. Every tongue, tribe and nation will be on their knees giving glory to God the Father, just by speaking the name of Jesus Christ. That day is coming and what a glorious day that will be! There will be no more denying Who Jesus is and no more discriminating against those who boldly speak His name. There will be no more hiding, embarrassment or guilt, only praise and pride in praising our Savior. And shame and sorrow, “gnashing of teeth,” to those who did not praise Him now.

Most importantly, stop and consider Who He is to you personally today. Should anyone have the right to discredit Your Lord and Savior at any time or anywhere? Paul tells us in Romans 1:16 that he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes. By succumbing to fear and acting ashamed of the gospel, we fall right into the pit of the devil. Why? Because our power is stifled. To not be ashamed allows the power of God to be released through your words. We represent life. Those who are criticizing represent death. We have the responsibility and we have the power to share the gospel of Christ.

Today, ask the Lord to forgive you for not speaking up and for not speaking out for Him. Today, as you wait for Him to open the door, ask the Lord to give you an opportunity to speak about Him. Today, ask the Lord to teach you to be bold for Him because you do not ever want Him to be ashamed of you. And today, thank the Lord for saving you, forgiving you and giving you His Holy Spirit so His will.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:11 pm

October 9

Today's Reading: Isaiah 32; Colossians 1

Today's Thoughts: Knowing the Real Jesus

Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. - Colossians 1:24

My children took their achievement tests this past week. My daughter told me that there was a Bible achievement test also but the school opted to not have the children take it. I asked her if they told her why. She said yes and then gave me a sample question of what was on the test. She said, “Which characteristic does not belong to Jesus?

a.       happiness
b.       love
c.       forgiveness
d.       compassion

She told me that a question like that confused a lot of sixth graders because they equate Jesus with joy and their interpretation is that joy and happiness are the same things. I told her that a lot of adult Christians have the same interpretation. It is difficult for us to follow a King that was despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief (Isaiah 53:3). We don’t want to believe that the Christian life is filled with those same sorrows and afflictions at times.

However, it is during those sad times in each of our lives that we understand the afflictions of Christ as He becomes our Sustainer, our Strength and our Peace. It is at those times that we discover joy from the depths of our hearts instead of happiness that is only superficial, changing with the circumstances. Our Christian life is not only about receiving from the Lord but also about enduring until the end.

If you are struggling with sorrow and grief, know that the Lord understands. Continue to come to Him. There is hope in every situation for we know the Lord will cause all things to work together for good. Just fix your eyes on Jesus.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

October 8

Today’s Verses: Isaiah 30; Philippians 4

Today’s Thoughts: Giving to God First

Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:17-19

We quote Philippians 4:19 frequently to ease our concerns about insufficient finances as we say, "I know that God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." However, did you know that the context of this verse is about giving, not receiving? According to the context of this Scripture, Paul was saying that we will receive from God if we are willing to give to God first. Paul was thanking the Philippi believers for giving to him. Paul also said that he had learned to be content in all circumstances and he was thankful that they gave, so that fruit may abound on their behalf.

Why is it so difficult to give first? How can we live with an eternal perspective when it comes to money? Because we need to pay real life monthly bills, make actual house payments and physically handle money, it is difficult to believe that our money will go the extra distance by giving tithes and offerings.  We can give away older things to replace them with newer things, although that kind of giving tends to be to our personal advantage.  We can give to our families and even to our own social life, but to tithe regularly seems impossible. The word "tithe" means a tenth or 10% and God specifies that the amount is subtracted from our first fruits (our gross salary). God also talks about "offerings." An offering is in addition to the tithe. This seems like it would require too much faith to even begin giving.

But God asks us to give so He can bless us, to give cheerfully, not with clenched fists.  If we open our hands freely to the work of God, we are in a position that we can freely receive from His open hand toward us. Corrie ten Boom said, "I have learned to hold on to things loosely because it hurts when God pries them away." The interesting thing about clenched fists towards God is that we can never protect what we have from God any way. Remember: God will supply all of our needs when we supply to His first.

Oh Lord, help me to give to You without my left hand knowing what my right hand is doing. Let me be a blessing to You first and I will trust You to take care of me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 07 Oct 2019, 10:04 am

Today's Reading: Isaiah 28; Philippians 3

Today's Thoughts: Hiding from God

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
Woe to those who seek deep to hide their counsel far from the Lord, and their works are in the dark; they say, "Who sees us?" and, "Who knows us?" - Isaiah 29:15

I watched my dog hide a bone the other day. Most dogs bury bones outdoors in the dirt, but my dog buries his bones in the house, preferably under my pillow on the bed. Fortunately, his "bone" is a kind of chewy rawhide so at least there is less mess to deal with (unless of course he has brought his "bone" once buried in the dirt into the house to then re-bury in the bed, not a pretty picture). The funny thing is that unless he knows I am watching him, he acts as though he is doing it in secret. In other words, if he does not see me, then I must not be seeing him. And that is how we act with the Lord at times. We somehow think that because we cannot see Him we can hide things from Him as if He were not watching.

God knows everything about us. He is omniscient (all-knowing), omnipotent (all-powerful) and omnipresent (ever-present). He has no boundaries or limits. He has known us from the beginning of time and already has seen our last day here on earth. We cannot hide from Him. Instead of trying to hide from God, we need to be open and honest with Him. Things done in the dark will ultimately come under His light. Others may never need to know what we have done, but Jesus always knows and He will eventually expose the truth to us. Why? Because He knows that unless we are made aware of these sins, we will continue down a path of destruction. Our flesh seeks darkness, not the Light. John 3:19 says, "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." Jesus came as the Light to set us free from the darkness. Why would we want to stay in it?

Are you trying to hide from the Lord today? Are you engaging in activities of which you think He is unaware? If you are a child of God, then you know your sin because the Holy Spirit will convict you and impress you to turn and repent. The enemy will lie to you and tell you that you are hidden and no one will ever find out. But God already knows and you cannot live with the deception and condemnation. You will slowly self-destruct in the darkness. God's love beckons you back today. God's mercy and grace promise that He will forgive. You can start fresh just by asking for His light to shine on you and lift the darkness. Take the steps of obedience to turn and walk towards the Lord. Put away the sins done in secret, and embrace the freedom that comes when you throw off those things that bind you. Just ask for His help. He is waiting and longing to be gracious to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 02 Aug 2019, 10:59 am

August 2

Today's Reading: Psalms 60; Romans 5

Today's Thoughts: Just Pick Up the Phone

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. - John 15:7  

My mother was over to visit yesterday and we talked about buying tickets for a stage play coming at Christmastime. We both were unsure of what kind of seats to buy. My mom said to me, “Call your aunt. She went to see that play last year and she will know.” I hesitated to call her so my mom picked up the phone and called. When my aunt (my mom’s sister) answered, my mom didn’t even say, “Hello” but just asked the questions. My mom received the answers and hung up.

The Lord impressed upon me the difference between relationships. If I were to pick up the phone and call my aunt, I would have to go through a whole bunch of introductory comments first. I would have to say, “Hi, how are you? I haven’t talked to you in a while. What’s new?” and then, I could ask the questions. Because my mom talks to my aunt frequently, their relationship is different and their conversation just continues where they left off.

That is how it is with the Lord. When we develop this relationship with Him, we can just start talking and asking Him whatever is on our mind. However, if we haven’t spoken to the Lord in awhile, then we sense the need to reintroduce ourselves to get on the same page before really sharing our hearts. God wants a close relationship with us. He is very near to us; He is in our mouths and in our hearts. The kind of relationship we choose to have is up to us. I have had both kinds of relationships with the Lord and I can tell you that you will have so much more peace when you are closer to Him. Today, ask the Lord to help you learn to draw close to Him. You will find that you don’t even have to dial the phone to get His answers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:50 am

August 1

Today’s Reading: Psalms 57; Romans 4

Today’s Thoughts: Fear is Contagious

The officers shall speak further to the people, and say, 'What man is there who is fearful and fainthearted? Let him go and return to his house, lest the heart of his brethren faint like his heart.' Deuteronomy 20:8

Today’s verse is taken from a message that God gave Moses to give to the Israelites in preparation for their battles in the Promised Land. The Lord began preparing the people before they crossed the Jordan River to encourage them that He was with them and would fight for them. The Lord made a point of addressing the danger of fear in their hearts. He tells the “fearful and fainthearted” to stay out of the battles and to go home instead. Why? Because fear is contagious.

The message for us two-fold: we need to be aware of how our fears influence others and we need to be wise of those whose fears can influence us. Fear is a deadly weapon and a powerful tool used by the enemy. Unfortunately, it is easier said than done to rid ourselves of fear. Even if we can identify our fears, this does not mean we can overcome them on our own. The first step is to be honest with ourselves and with the Lord. When we bring our confessions to Him, the healing process begins. The next step is to read God’s Word and believe what it says. Faith and fear cannot exist together. Faith is built on knowing and believing the Word of God.

Does it still take time to change old habits? Yes.

Will the Lord lead us to make certain changes? Yes.

Are we responsible for following  God’s guidance? Yes.

And, will the enemy continue to remind us of our fears? Yes!

But, the Truth sets us free, if we are truly willing to believe and apply it to our lives. Today, if you are struggling with fear, examine your closest influences and the fears they may be invoking. Ask for wisdom in how to handle them. It is hard to fight your own battles when others are bringing discouragement. Be honest with the Lord in your personal battles with fear and prepare your heart to take a stand against the lies of the enemy. Christians in the world today are in warfare from all sides but Jesus told us to be of good cheer for He has overcome the world (John 16:33). It is our faith that is the victory that overcomes all of the fears that the world brings (1 John 5:4). The Lord will go before you and fight for you, just as He did for the Israelites.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 31 Jul 2019, 10:39 pm

July 31

Today’s Reading: Psalms 54; Romans 3

Today’s Thoughts: His Most Precious Gift

His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' - Matthew 25:23

My husband bought me a watch for my birthday. When I first received it, I cherished it and admired its beauty, not thinking too much its function. As time passed; however, I noticed that I was becoming careless with it. When talking on the phone, I would take it off, not noticing where I placed it. I would take it off by the sink and leave it there. One morning, I could not find the watch. I began to panic. Where did I leave it? It was amazing just how sentimental and valuable that watch became again.

As Christians, we sometimes treat our salvation the same way I treat my watch. At first, we cherish our salvation, knowing that it is a gift too precious to ever earn.  We thank God for the privilege of knowing Him and we praise Him for His Spirit dwelling inside us. Then as time passes, we take our Christianity for granted, mostly because we get used to being a Christian.

But what if we could lose our salvation? How are we treating this most precious gift? Are we careless or slothful? Do you share it with others? Are we thanking the Lord for it still… every day? Our salvation is the most precious of all gifts. How are we treating it? These are sobering thoughts. Personally, I want to be found faithful with the gifts and talents He has given me. These gifts are too valuable to be taken for granted. When all is said and done, I want to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord!”

Today, ask the Lord to impress upon you where your heart is. Do you really value all He has done for you and appreciate all that you have? Ask Him to convict you of any careless behavior that is not pleasing to Him. At any time, you can ask the Lord to forgive your careless behavior regarding the privilege of knowing Him. Then, ask the Lord to return the joy of your salvation to lead others to Him. Jesus has given Himself to you as a gift; nothing is of greater value than that.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 28 Jul 2019, 9:38 am

July 28

Today’s Reading: Psalms 46; Acts 28

Today’s Thoughts: Watching the Clouds

And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they were looking steadfastly into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;  who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven. - Acts 1:9-11 

The apostles had the awesome privilege of watching the Lord ascend into heaven. They gazed up to the heavens as He departed on the clouds! No wonder they all stood in awe and amazement. I am sure they dealt with thoughts such as “Where are you going? Are you coming back? Can I go too? When will we see you again?” And even, “I can’t believe I am seeing this.” But the angels had an answer to all these questions. They said, “….come back….” As a result, the apostles fully and completely believed that the Lord would be coming back in their life time. Time was short, the message needed to get out. They lived every day for the Lord. Think about it...would you live differently if you thought the Lord was coming back today?

I asked the Lord to impress upon me the immanence of His return. I want every day to count for Jesus. I want to be looking for Him, listening to Him and ready for Him. Often, when I look into the clouds, I pray to see Him. To live every day as if today was the day of His return has changed my priorities, my desires and my focus.

Pray for eternal eyes. Pray for an excitement for His return. Pray to live as if He is coming back today. And ask the Lord to remind you of His promise to return every time you gaze into the clouds.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 27 Jul 2019, 9:24 am

July 27

Today’s Reading: Psalms 43; Acts 27:27-44

Today’s Thoughts: What If?

And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 1 Corinthians 7:13-14

How many times do we, as adults, reflect upon our childhoods and wonder "what if?" What if my Christian mom would have left my non-Christian dad? Thoughts of my childhood bring a mixture of emotions. Growing up in a home with a father who did not know or believe in Jesus Christ was hard, even in the best of times. I felt the tensions, had fears, and though I did not understand everything, I knew we were in a battle. My mom fought one of those battles every Sunday, but somehow she persevered to get herself and two kids to church. Those mornings irritated and angered my dad. I now realize just how serious those battles were, for the warfare is not against flesh and blood but against spirits and principalities (Ephesians 6:12). But through His power and love, God gave my mother the strength to stay with my father. And because of the foundation my mother laid in the Lord, I learned to turn to God for help at a young age. God heard my prayers and I learned to trust in His protection, even in the midst of oppression.                                                         

Just recently, my mom and I talked about her relationship with my dad. I am so thankful she stayed with him. Paul says that the "unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife" and that the "children would be unclean, but now they are holy." God honors our desire to keep the commitment we make with our spouses and God knows that the children need both parents together. Even if only one parent knows the Lord, God blesses the home. Besides, we never know when the Holy Spirit will change the heart of the unsaved parent. As a child, I prayed every night for my dad "to be saved," and though he never went to church, my mom remembers the night he prayed the sinner's prayer after watching Billy Graham. He died soon after. We may not understand why God allows certain situations to be so painful and hard for so long, but He honors our desire to please Him over ourselves. What if my mother had chosen to leave my father? Yes, my life would have been different but I am so thankful that my mother stayed.

God gave us His strength when we were weak. God gave us hope when we despaired. Because of those years, I learned to cry out to God and depend on Him at a young age. I learned invaluable lessons that have shaped my faith today. Despite your circumstances, no matter how dreadful they seem, God is with you. Turn to Him for the strength to make it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: