World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» THE BLAZE
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 6:27 pm by Admin

»  UN Arms Embargo on Tehran has Ended
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 6:22 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 5:17 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 4:41 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 4:10 pm by Admin

» MISC NEWS AROUND THE WORLD
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 3:59 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 3:54 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 3:47 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 3:42 pm by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 3:32 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 2:17 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 2:13 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyYesterday at 1:58 pm by Admin

» AISH
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 10:10 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 9:49 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 9:32 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 9:30 pm by Admin

» PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 9:05 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 8:30 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags EmptyTue 20 Oct 2020, 7:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags

Go down

Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags Empty Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Aug 2019, 11:15 am

Give Jesus Your Shopping Bags

It is wonderful to know that when Jesus left this earth and went back to His throne in heaven, He sent back a Comforter, the Holy Spirit, who can be with us at all times!

Have you ever gotten up in the morning, feeling just a little down? I think the devil has many ways of getting to God's people. He uses any method or means he can. One way is depression. It happened to me recently. But God’s Word reminded me of the verse: “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.” Isaiah 26:3. The message was exactly what I needed.

Then Psalm 55:33 came to mind: “Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee; he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved...” The heavy feeling was beginning to lift. I prayed, "God, on thee I cast my burden. Please carry it for me, and hold me up."....

I was reminded of a time in my childhood when I went to the grocery store with Mom. The distance was about a mile-and-a-half. On the return trip, with our paper shopping bags full of groceries, I became very tired and begin to complain that the rolled-paper handles (no soft plastic shopping bags in those days) were beginning to cut into my hands. I was carrying only one small shopping bag in each hand. Mom carried two large bags full. Seeing my distress, she said, "Set your bags down for awhile. We'll have a little rest." After about a minute, without saying anything, she picked up her shopping

bags, settled them in her hands, and then she reached down and scooped mine up, too. She had freed me of my burden, taking it upon herself.

That's what Jesus does. He frees us of our burden, letting us walk beside Him without any encumbrances. So many times we forget that God is walking beside us. We forget that God is carrying our shopping bags.

We worry and stew over things that we cannot do anything about. But God can. I have often found myself fretting over little things, and a gentle voice says, "Let God look after it." My reply is, "Okay, God, it's up to you." And before you know it, God has answered my prayer in ways that I couldn't even have imagined.

Isn't it wonderful to know that Jesus is beside us and will carry our burdens (shopping bags) if we will let Him?

…..©Helen Dowd (helenmdowd@shaw.ca) by way of “Christian Voices” (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum