World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
 Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 10:08 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi DEAD

Go down

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  Empty Re: Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi DEAD

Post  Admin Sun 10 Nov 2019, 11:29 pm

Video: Robert Spencer on the killing of al-Baghdadi and how the Left gets the terror threat wrong
By Robert Spencer on Nov 08, 2019 07:45 pm
This afternoon I addressed a roomful of college students, not the usual kind, at the Young America’s Foundation Fall College 
Video: Robert Spencer on the killing of al-Baghdadi and how the Left gets the terror threat wrong By Robert Spencer on Nov 08, 2019 07:45 pm
WATCH Robert Spencer  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=wjdlH9ERBiA&feature=emb_logo
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  Empty Re: Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi DEAD

Post  Admin Tue 29 Oct 2019, 8:17 pm

https://www.aish.com/ci/s/My-Encounter-with-al-Baghdadis-Victims.html?s=mm

My Encounter with al-Baghdadi’s Victims
Oct 29, 2019  |  by Sara Yoheved Rigler
My Encounter with al-Baghdadi’s Victims
Shabbat dinner with three Yazidi women from Iraq.
An intriguing request showed up on the e-bulletin board of our community in the Old City of Jerusalem a few months ago:
Dear Neighbors,
Professionals from a foreign country that does not have diplomatic relations with Israel are quietly being brought for professional development. The lead coordinator host wants them to encounter the positive face of Judaism. They will be at the Kotel next Friday night. The host body would like to arrange home hospitality for 17.
Barnea Levi Selavan
My husband Leib and I volunteered to host three for the Shabbos night meal. Our neighbor Barnea, a tour guide and archeologist, made it clear that no information would be forthcoming about who our mystery guests would be or from what country they came.
The day before their arrival, Barnea confided the secret: They were Yazidi women from Iraq, brought surreptitiously to Israel to get training on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in order to help the thousands of their fellow Yazidi women who had been enslaved by ISIS.
Participants in the workshop. The faces of the Iraqi women are
blurred for security reasons. Courtesy Bar-Ilan University
I keenly remembered seeing years ago the video of a Yazidi woman in the Iraqi parliament shouting and crying because ISIS, at the height of its power, was raping Yazidi women and taking them as sex slaves. It was that video that first woke up the world to the abhorrent evil of ISIS and moved President Obama to use American forces to stop them.
Leib and I were nervous about how to relate to our guests. On Friday afternoon, I googled “Yazidi” and discovered the basics of their history and religion. They espouse a monotheistic religion derived from various traditions including Islam (although Muslims are forbidden to marry them), tracing their roots back seven or eight centuries. An embattled minority, a half-million adherents lived in northern Iraq, in villages clustered near Mosul and Sinjar, until they were displaced by the ravaging hordes of ISIS. They believe that God entrusted the world to seven angels, one of whom is called, the “Peacock Angel.” I duly put my Shabbos flowers into a vase decorated with a peacock and placed it at the center of our Shabbos table, my meek gesture at trying to make our mystery guests feel comfortable.
Barnea brought them to our door—three thin women dressed in slacks. Two of them, V. and R., smiled warmly. They spoke English and greeted me with a hug.
The third, N., looked pale and worn, older than what we would later learn was her age of twenty-nine.
N. described how the men were given the choice to convert to Islam or be killed. The women and girls over the age of 9 were taken as sex slaves.
They were so open, so friendly, so eager to experience whatever we wanted to share about Judaism and Shabbat. At that point they had been in Israel, at Bar Ilan University, for just a few days, yet they obviously felt safe with us. Was it because they recognized in us Jews an innate empathy with those who suffer?
Twelve of us sat down around the table, including our adult son and six Jewish guests. Leib made Kiddush, and then we did the ritual hand-washing for bread. During the meal, as is our custom, we went around the table for each person to introduce his/her self. Although Barnea had cautioned us to ask no searching questions, the Yazidi women seemed driven to talk about themselves. V., who spoke excellent English, said that she lived in a town that ISIS approached but did not conquer. R., who spoke halting English, had fled her village with her family before ISIS attacked.

N. spoke only Kurdish and Arabic; V. translated her for. N.’s voice, like her eyes, was lifeless, but she told her story like a tired sentinel guarding truth, as word after word marched out of her cavernous heart. Her village was captured by ISIS. She described how they separated the men from the women and children. The men were given the choice to convert to Islam or be killed. The women and girls over the age of 9 were taken as sex slaves. (Because, she explained, Mohammed had relations with his 9-year-old wife, that is the minimum age for Muslim men to take sexual partners.)
N. had 91 members in her extended family. Only 24 came back after ISIS was defeated. All the men chose death rather than convert.
After Shabbos, we heard from other neighbors who had hosted Yazidi women. One related the story of their guest: She and her two friends had been taken as sex slaves by ISIS. At some point, they decided to escape. This entailed running through a mine field. Both her friends stepped on mines and were blown up in front of her. She kept running and somehow managed to get to safety.
Our Shabbos guests were among 18 Yazidi and Christian mental health workers who had been brought to Israel by Bar Ilan University and IsraAID for an intensive two-week workshop on how to treat PTSD, C-PTSD, depression, attempted suicide, insomnia, etc. Professor Ari Zivotofsky and Dr. Yaakov Hoffman organized the program. Their research among Yazidi women who were captured by ISIS found that over 50% of them suffer from C-PTSD (complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and another 23% suffer from standard PTSD. Of the 6500 women and children kidnapped by ISIS, 3500 managed to escape or were liberated (3000 are still missing), but few mental health services are available to these survivors. "We feel a moral obligation not only to study the effects of genocide but to share our know-how to assist those suffering from it," said Dr. Hoffman.
I felt like I was hearing the testimony of a Holocaust survivor just out of hell.
Listening to N.’s story at our Shabbos table, I felt like I was hearing the testimony of a Holocaust survivor just out of hell. I have read innumerable Holocaust books and wrote a biography of a Holocaust survivor, but this was the first time in my life that I was hearing such a story “raw,” not mellowed by decades of time and the mental enzymes the mind uses to digest the indigestible. Hearing N.’s story and looking at her anguished visage, I felt a kaleidoscope of emotions: Horror at what had been done to her people, repulsion at the unmitigated evil of ISIS, recognition because her tragedy was like our Jewish tragedies, relief that the world had responded to their cry and vanquished ISIS, and the prescience of knowing that, even though her group had come to Israel to learn how to cope with trauma, she would never be able to cleanse her soul of the nightmare she had been through. We Jews post-Holocaust know that.
MORE https://www.aish.com/ci/s/My-Encounter-with-al-Baghdadis-Victims.html?s=mm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 11:29 pm

OVERNIGHT ATTACK THAT KILLED AL-BAGHDADI RAISES MANY QUESTIONS - ANALYSIS
A nighttime raid. Helicopters. Special forces. A high-value terrorist target. Concerns about identifying him. Could this be Trump’s Bin Laden moment?
BY SETH J. FRANTZMAN  OCTOBER 27, 2019 17:01 
4 minute read.
US airstrikes in Syria
Rubble from US air strike in Syria's Idlib province. (photo credit: REUTERS)
Anighttime raid. Helicopters. Special forces. A high-value terrorist target. Concerns about identifying him. All this would have been on the list of challenges facing the Bin Laden raid planners in 2011. On Sunday morning, it was another group of Americans hunting ISIS leader Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi, which had to go through the same complex set of obstacles to kill the bearded extremist hiding out in Idlib province near the Turkish border.

The raid began just after midnight when locals in towns near Barisha, just a few kilometers from the Turkish border, reported hearing helicopters. Drones were already in the air from just before midnight. Newsweek says that US President Donald Trump had approved the strike nearly a week ago. Members of the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta – the Delta Force – were brought in to take down the target. Observers at night are not that great at determining how many helicopters are landing next to them, but locals said that they heard as many as six “chasing” a convoy of vehicles. Two of the choppers landed.

Read More Related Articles
Lebanese protesters clash with Hezbollah supporters, defy Nasrallah
Iranian teen players refuse to face Israelis at World Chess Championships

19 Genius Gadgets Taking United Kingdom By Storm (trendingguides.com)
Recommended by
A confrontation took place. There were exchanges of gun fire. An explosion was seen. This might have gone on for around an hour. There were air strikes by several missiles. Later, drones circled overhead. Or maybe what happened was that helicopters were heard over Turkey crossing into Syria. Someone fired at the helicopters. Locals didn’t know if it was a Turkish raid or the US-led anti-ISIS coalition. Two helicopters landed out of the 12 that some said were involved. Or maybe it was eight helicopters, others said. Planes carried out air strikes.

For several hours, activity continued. Gunfire and then just the sound of drones buzzing around. Trump tweeted at 3:23 a.m. that “something very big just happened.” By morning, people had made videos of the area showing some churned up earth from an air strike. Others found evidence of a house or “compound” that might have been the target. It wasn’t that nice a villa, certainly worse than Bin Laden’s.

By seven in the morning, Syrians had passed details to Iranian officials. Iraqis were informed by 7:30 a.m. According to reports passed to Newsweek and others, Baghdadi was not the only target of the raid; he was with two wives. Baghdadi detonated a “suicide vest” or belt; they all died. According to James LaPorta at Newsweek, the US only informed Turkey after the raid had started.

WHY WAS Baghdadi in Syria, and in Idlib of all places? In September, he released a new tape, and in April he appeared on video for the first time in years. Baghdadi rose to fame in 2014, proclaiming himself “caliph” of ISIS in Mosul and leading his group to commit genocide and mass rape of minorities. But after that, he was elusive. When ISIS was mostly defeated this March, there were rumors that he was dead or injured. Then he popped up on the videos. But where was he? Supposedly he had been hiding out in desert areas of Iraq or Syria, where some 14,000 ISIS members are suspected to be. He is from Iraq so he knows how to hide out.

If he went to Idlib, why did he go? Was it a Bin Laden-type of thing, the way the Al-Qaeda leader went to Pakistan to relax after 9/11? ISIS received many recruits via Turkey and also one had more of a presence in Idlib. There are a plethora of other extremist groups in Idlib, particularly Hayat Tahrir al-Sham, which was once Al-Qaeda in Syria. Was that why he went – because these groups would act as a buffer around him? Or was he recently moved there, for various reasons, as some ISIS members migrated to Idlib after defeat in the Euphrates Valley?
Latest articles from Jpost

And what was this “convoy” that was targeted by the helicopters? What has happened to Baghdadi’s body or what's left of it? What did Turkey know? The last question is more interesting because if Trump knew about the operation for nearly a week, that means that when US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Vice President Mike Pence went to Turkey on October 17, they might have learned about this from Turkey.

Could it be that there was a decision to share intelligence with Washington as part of showing the US that Turkey cared about fighting ISIS, and to soften American anger over Turkey’s invasion of Syria on October 9? Why would Baghdadi suddenly turn up in the midst of this crisis, when ISIS seemed to be on the cusp of a new lease on life after the US announced it would withdraw from parts of Syria?

Pompeo had already indicated last week that the US had fulfilled its mission in Syria. That mission was to defeat ISIS. America was supposed to withdraw fully on October 13, except from the base of Tanf near Jordan. Then Trump said that the US would stay in Syria to protect the oil. US vehicles went back to Syria on October 26. If Trump knew of the raid for days – including when he congratulated the Syrian Democratic Forces commander General Mazlum on keeping the ceasefire that the US and Russia both brokered with Turkey – what was the context of that phone call around October 21? Did Trump's anti-ISIS envoy James Jeffrey, who spoke to the Senate on October 22 about Syria, know of the upcoming raid? Or was everyone in the dark? How could US helicopters operate so close to Turkey’s border and not trigger Turkish air defense, unless Turkey was in the loop? Did the helicopters fly from Incirlik or from another base?

With so many questions about the raid, this could be Trump’s Bin Laden moment. But it could also lead to questions about America's withdrawal from Syria and its erratic policies over the last few weeks.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 11:25 pm

https://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/US-carries-out-op-against-ISIS-leader-unclear-if-successful-report-605928
ISIS LEADER AL-BAGHDADI KILLED IN U.S. SPECIAL OPS RAID
The elusive Islamic State leader has led the group since 2010, when it was still an underground al Qaeda offshoot in Iraq.
BY REUTERS, JERUSALEM POST STAFF  OCTOBER 27, 2019 16:37 
4 minute read.
ISIS leader al-Baghdadi killed in U.S. Special Ops raid
A MAN purported to be Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi speaks in this screen grab taken from video released on April 29.. (photo credit: REUTERS)

The United States military conducted an operation against elusive Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Saturday, a US official said, as President Donald Trump prepared to make a "major statement" at the White House on Sunday morning.

After previous reports remained vague, a senior Pentagon official and an Army official both confirmed to Newsweek that the operation was successful, and that the man killed was indeed Baghdadi. Official confirmation is currently pending DNA testing.  

Read More Related Articles
Vietnamese woman texts parents: ‘I’m dying because I can’t breathe.'
Likud campaign officials under investigation for harassing state witness

The World's Strongest Military In The World Isn't Who You Thought (Editor Choice)
Recommended by
According to Newsweek's report, following a brief firefight while US forces were advancing to Baghdadi's compound, he committed suicide by activating an explosive vest. Two of his wives were killed as well when they detonated their explosive vests.

The operation was carried out by US Joint Special Operations Command's Delta Team, according to the report.

Iraq said on Sunday that its National Intelligence Service found Islamic State leader Baghdadi's location and provided it to the US.

"After constant monitoring and the formation of a specialized task force over an entire year, the Iraqi National Intelligence Service acting on accurate information was able to locate the den in which the head of Daesh terrorists Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and those with him were hiding in the Syrian province of Idlib," the Iraqi military said in a statement.

Iran was informed by sources in Syria that al-Baghdadi had been killed, two Iranian officials told Reuters on Sunday.
Latest articles from Jpost
"Iran was informed about Baghdadi's death by Syrian officials, who got it from the field," one of the officials said. The second Iranian official confirmed it.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed that nine people died in the US offensive on Baghdadi's compound, while Iraq was informed by sources in Syria that Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed, two Iraqi security sources told Reuters on Sunday.

"Our sources from inside Syria have confirmed to the Iraqi intelligence team tasked with pursuing Baghdadi that he has been killed alongside his personal bodyguard in Idlib, after his hiding place was discovered when he tried to get his family out of Idlib towards the Turkish border," said one of the sources.

Iraqi state TV claimed on Sunday that Iraqi intelligence had assisted in pointing out the exact location of al-Baghdadi.

White House spokesman Hogan Gidley announced late on Saturday that Trump would make a "major statement" at 9 a.m. EST (1300 GMT) on Sunday. He gave no further details as to the topic of Trump's statement.

The president gave an indication that something was afoot earlier on Saturday night when he tweeted without explanation, "Something very big has just happened!"

Trump has been frustrated by the US news media's heavy focus on the Democratic-led impeachment inquiry, which he calls an illegitimate witch hunt.

He has also faced withering criticism from both Republicans and Democrats alike for his US troop withdrawal from northeastern Syria, which permitted Turkey to attack America's Kurdish allies.

Many critics of Trump's Syria pullout have expressed worries that it would lead the Islamic State militancy to regain strength and pose a threat to US interests. An announcement about Baghdadi's death could help blunt those concerns.

Trump was expected to make the statement in the White House Diplomatic Reception Room, which he has used to make a number of major announcements.

Just last week, he used the same room to announce that a ceasefire between Turkey and the Kurds had taken hold.

For days, US officials had feared that Islamic State would seek to capitalize on the upheaval in Syria. But they also saw a potential opportunity, in which Islamic State leaders might break from more secretive routines to communicate with operatives, potentially creating a chance for the United States and its allies to detect them.

Baghdadi was long thought to be hiding somewhere along the Iraq-Syria border. He has led the group since 2010, when it was still an underground al-Qaeda offshoot in Iraq.

On September 16, Islamic State's media network issued a 30-minute audio message purporting to come from Baghdadi, in which he said operations were taking place daily and called on supporters to free women jailed in camps in Iraq and Syria over their alleged links to his group.

In the audio message, Baghdadi also said that the United States and its proxies had been defeated in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that it had been "dragged" into Mali and Niger.

At the height of its power, Islamic State ruled over millions of people, in territory running from northern Syria through towns and villages along the Tigris and Euphrates valleys to the outskirts of the Iraqi capital Baghdad.

But the fall in 2017 of Mosul and Raqqa, its strongholds in Iraq and Syria respectively, stripped Baghdadi, an Iraqi, of the trappings of a caliph and turned him into a fugitive thought to be moving along the desert border between Iraq and Syria.

US air strikes killed most of his top lieutenants, and before Islamic State published a video message of Baghdadi in April, there had been conflicting reports over whether he was alive.

Despite losing its last significant territory, Islamic State is believed to have sleeper cells around the world, and some fighters operate from the shadows in Syria's desert and Iraq's cities.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 1:48 pm

WATCH ABC NEWS 
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-make-announcement-tweet-big-news/story?id=66561464
President Trump says ISIS leader al-Baghdadi is dead after US military raid in Syria

WATCH ABC NEWS 
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-make-announcement-tweet-big-news/story?id=66561464
President Trump says ISIS leader al-Baghdadi is dead after US military raid in Syria

ByELIZABETH THOMASOct 27, 2019, 9:45 AM ET
PHOTO: President Donald Trump speaks in the Diplomatic Room of the White House in Washington, Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019.Andrew Harnik/AP
WATCHPresident Trump addresses nation after ISIS leader believed dead: ABC News Live
Email
President Donald Trump announced the death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State.

Interested in Donald Trump?
Add Donald Trump as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Donald Trump news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
Donald TrumpAdd Interest
"A brutal killer, one who has caused so much hardship and death, has violently been eliminated," Trump said in an address to the nation from the White House. "He will never again harm another innocent man, woman or child. He died like a dog. He died like a coward. The world is now a much safer place."

ADVERTISEMENT

Trump said he was able to watch most of the operation as it happened.

"Al-Baghdadi was vicious and violent and he died in a vicious and violent way. As a coward running and crying," Trump said. "This raid was impeccable and could only have taken place with the acknowledgment and help of certain other nations and people. I want to thank the nations of Russia, Turkey, Syria, and Iraq and I also want to thank the Syrian kurds for certain support they were able to give us."

(MORE: ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi targeted, believed dead in US raid in Syria: Sources)
The president said test results gave a positive identification.

Rumors had swirled since at least 2014 that al-Baghdadi had been wounded, or possibly even killed, but he'd often quash those himself by releasing audio recordings.

U.S. special forces nearly killed him in August 2017, destroying a compound south of Ragga in which he was believed to have been during a massive bombardment. The following month, he released an audio recording to prove he'd survived.

(MORE: ISIS leader appeared to be featured in new video )
The ISIS leader was last seen alive in a video in April.

There had been a $25 million U.S. bounty on the head of al-Baghdadi, who, in his only previous video, recorded in a Mosul mosque in 2014, called himself "Caliph," or leader of all Muslims.

The president said American forces were in the compound for about two hours after the mission and collected sensitive information.

"Last night was a great night for the United States and for the world," Trump said.

This is a breaking news story. Please check back for updates
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi  DEAD  Empty Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi DEAD

Post  Admin Sun 27 Oct 2019, 1:40 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-dead-isis-trump-speech-syria-leader-killed-latest-a9173171.html
‘He died whimpering and crying’: Trump announces Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi killed in US raid in Syria
Dave MacleanNew York @geordiestory
6 minutes ago 

Isis leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed during a "dangerous and daring" night-time raid in north-west Syria by US special forces.

Mr Trump described how Baghdadi fled down the tunnel with three children as he was persued by dogs - after reaching the end, he detonated his explosive vest, killing himself and those around him.

The death of the Isis leader strikes a major blow to the terror organisation. 

The jihadist leader, who became emir of the Islamic State of Iraq group in 2010, took it from underground insurgency to a proto-state that ruled over around 10 million people. The once mighty caliphate has all but crumbled, and thousands of his fighters have been killed or languish in jail cells.

Since the collapse of the caliphate earlier this year, Western intelligence agencies had speculated that Baghdadi had gone into hiding somewhere in the desert regions of Iraq or Syria. Despite being the most wanted terrorist in the world, he still managed to release occasional audio and video messages to supporters.

Baghdadi has been rumoured to have been killed a number of times. In 2017, Russia said it was investigating whether one of its airstrikes on the city of Raqqa killed him and 300 other fighters. Other reports suggested he had been incapacitated by a US-led coalition strike.

More follows…
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down