World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 4 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin on Sun 05 Apr 2020, 10:04 pm

April 5

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 1; Luke 8:26-56

Today's Thoughts: A Plan for You

So Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him and let none of his words fall to the ground. 1 Samuel 3:19

Before Samuel was born, his mother Hannah prayed for a miracle from God to open her closed womb. She promised the Lord that she would dedicate her baby to Him, and she kept her promise. After Hannah weaned Samuel, she took him to live with Eli the priest, in the house of God. As a child, Samuel began to hear the Lord's voice. He spoke God's words as instructed. As Samuel grew up, he did as the Lord commanded him and was well-known among the people as the Lord's prophet. It is easy to see that God had a clear plan for the life of Samuel, even before he was conceived. And Samuel is seen by some even today as one similar to Moses in his heart and character before God and the people of God. What a blessed life in the Lord!

I used to read this story and be a little envious of Samuel's relationship with God. Samuel was divinely chosen for a specific purpose at a specific time. And he heard the Lord's voice so clearly that he thought it was Eli calling for him (1 Samuel 3:3-10). Then the Lord reminded me that I have even more than Samuel had – I have the Holy Spirit living in me. I have the Word of God written in its entirety. I have the risen Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. What else could I possibly need or want? The issue is not about what I have or do not have in the Lord; the issue is whether or not I live my life like I believe it.

God's Word tells us that He has a plan for our lives. God's Word tells us that He knew us before we were formed in our mothers' wombs. God's Word tells us everything we need to know about who our Lord is, just so we can trust and believe in Him. Before you were born, God saw the entirety of your life, from beginning to end. He is never surprised or caught off guard by your behavior or sins. His desire for each of us is that we grow in Him, that we love Him with all that we are, and that we give Him all that we have. Then, His words will be spoken through us and our lives will unfold His divine purpose, all for His glory. Ask the Lord today to help you find strength and confidence in knowing He has a plan and purpose to bless your life from beginning to end.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 04 Apr 2020, 7:33 pm

April 4

Today’s Readings: Ruth 1; Luke 8:1-25

Today’s Thoughts: Happy Easter

“…which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel…” Ephesians 3:5-6

We have just taught Ephesians chapter 3 on the mystery of Christ in our local Bible study. Paul explains that the message of Christ was hidden from ages to ages. But the apostle Paul also explains that the holy apostles and prophets dropped hints that the Gentiles (anyone not Jewish) would receive salvation through the coming of Christ. Probably because its Easter time, I couldn’t help to think of how the Easter egg hunt is a great illustration of the hidden message of Jesus.

During the toddler years, the parents would “hide” the egg right on the top of the lawn. The challenge was for the toddler to actually see colored egg, walk up to it and balance themselves enough to pick it up. The next challenge was to get the toddler to claim the Easter egg as their own as they hopefully placed it in their basket. As the child grows, so does the challenge of hiding the Easter eggs. I have found myself giving my children hints by telling them if they are “hot” or “cold” in their searching.

The Lord tells us also to search for Him with all our hearts. As I have done that, I too have noticed that the Lord is giving me clues in my searching. As we seek the Lord, we discover more about His will for our lives. After a while, I can tell in my search if I am hot or cold as the Spirit leads and guides my heart.

The coming of Jesus was like the Easter egg placed on the grass for the toddler. God didn’t expect much from us. Jesus was sent to this earth to be noticed, embraced and hopefully to make Him our own by placing Him in our hearts. Today, Easter is a celebration of life. Today, we understand that Jesus died for all of us, Jew and Gentile alike, to come to a personal relationship with God. Today, we have freedom and hope with nothing hidden but a whole lot of hints pointing us to closer fellowship with God as the Spirit of God fills our baskets with love, joy and peace. Happy Easter!

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 03 Apr 2020, 9:23 pm

April 3

Today's Reading: Judges 19; Luke 7:31-50

Today's Thoughts: Hope
Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord.   Psalm 21:34

The word "hope" is mentioned repeatedly throughout the Psalms to bring encouragement in the Lord. Most of us speak of "hope" interchangeably with other words such as dreams, wishes, desires and goals. We pray and hope, dream and hope, and you can probably think of other words that you use in connection with "hope." The Bible most commonly uses the word "trust" in association with its definition. To hope in the Lord means that we are putting our trust in Him. In searching how often "hope" is used, I found that it comes up most frequently in the book of Job and the Psalms. One book describes pain and suffering; the other, praise and worship. But hope is the common thread in both.

When we are down, we are desperate for something or someone to place our hopes in or upon. We need to know that tomorrow will be better. We need to believe that lives are changing toward the good. If we are sick, we hope to be healed. If we are in financial crises, we hope for restoration and prosperity. If we are in any kind of trouble, we hope that everything works out positively. We hope for a tomorrow that is better than today. Without hope, where would we be? How could we keep going? Hebrews 11:1 says that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." We must trust in the only One who brings real hope – Jesus Christ. Though we cannot physically see Him, we must place our faith in His love for us. Jesus is our only hope, for only He has the power to change our tomorrows.

Do you need hope for today? Pick up God's Word and ask Him to show you His hope for your situation. Regardless of where you are, He already knows everything about it. No trouble or trial is too great for our Lord. We have but one requirement: to place all of our hope in Him. There is no hope in the world, only fleeting moments. But God gives us hope in the eterna
l life that awaits us. The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 4:17 that our light affliction is but for a moment compared to the eternal glory that awaits those of us in Christ Jesus. Put your hope and trust today in Jesus. Ask Him to fill you with His Holy Spirit to comfort you with His hope of glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Apr 2020, 9:44 pm

April 2

Today's Reading: Judges 16: Luke 7:1-30

Today's Thoughts: Discipline of Love

“My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor faint when you are reproved by Him.” Hebrews 12:5

I can see the anger that comes upon my children when my husband and I need to discipline them. They just hate it. At that moment, they can immediately justify, rationalize, and minimize whatever they are guilty of doing. As a parent, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. For I know that disciplining them may bring extra consequences to me too. If they need to stay home all weekend, then I need to stay home too. Punishment takes its toll on whoever is involved. However, God tells us that disciplining our children shows them that we love them.

God takes our discipline very seriously too. He does not want us to regard it lightly. By not yielding to His discipline, it delays blessings. God has a heart to bless us, not to hurt us. We need to be disciplined to handle the blessings. Our character needs to be developed in such a way that we can receive more from the Lord without it destroying our integrity or witness. So by regarding His discipline lightly, we will not learn as quickly or as willingly and then we will not be able to receive what God wants to give to us. That hurts God’s heart. God gave His Son, Jesus, and He wants to keep giving. He cannot separate from His giving nature. But He also loves us so much as to not allow us to hurt ourselves with His gracious gifts.

If you are being stretched, bent, and even burnt right now, ask the Lord to help you learn His lesson in it. If we learn the first time, we don’t have to return to this place of discipline.  And remember that “All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.” (Hebrews 12:11)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 01 Apr 2020, 4:08 pm

April 1

Today's Reading: Judges 13; Luke 6:27-49

Today's Thoughts: The Right Desire

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, "Has God indeed said, 'You shall not eat of every tree of the garden'?" And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden; but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, 'You shall not eat it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.'” Then the serpent said to the woman, "You will not surely die. For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings. And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?" Genesis 3:1-9

Was Eve’s desire to be “like God” wrong? No. Many Christians today want to be more like God. We pray prayers like, "Let me follow You. Let me be conformed into Your image. Make me more like You. Please increase and let me decrease." Those are biblical prayers from hearts that truly seek the Lord. So why was the punishment so severe for Eve's desire? Eve was wrong in thinking that being disobedient would achieve her desire. Eve was deceived that she could become "wise" like God by doing it her way, instead of remaining in line with His ways. Eve exchanged the peace of God for a piece of fruit and severed her relationship with the Lord. As a result, that day she died spiritually, which led to an ultimate physical death. Adam and Eve were cast out of the garden as another consequence.

We should not be too critical of Eve because we struggle with the same temptations. When we make choices that are against God, we share the same feelings of fear, guilt and shame. And as we run away and attempt to hide "from the presence of the Lord,” He kindly and graciously calls to us and seeks us out. But God wants us to seek Him.  He wants us to come to Him with a repentant heart and honest words. Despite where you may be with the Lord, He loves you. He doesn't want you to be afraid or to try to fix the problems you have caused yourself. He will cover you with the blood of Christ, and by His kindness He will lead you to repentance. Come to God, confess and be restored. He has so much more for you but stay in a close relationship with Him. If you choose to do it your own way, you are the one who will lose.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Mar 2020, 4:34 pm

March 31

Today's Reading: Judges 11; Luke 6:1-26

Today's Thoughts: Learning to Wait

And he said to the elders, "Wait here for us until we come back to you. Indeed Aaron and Hur are with you. If any man has a difficulty, let him go to them." Exodus 24:14

Moses had led the children of Israel out of Egypt, through the Red Sea, into the wilderness and now to the foot of Mount Sinai. As everyone settled in at the base of this mountain, God called Moses to come up to the top. As Moses prepared to leave, he gave specific instructions to the elders. “Wait here…” Wait. Hang out. Stay put. Do not go anywhere. Sounds like a simple message. But as is often the case, the people became restless and impatient. How long were they supposed to wait? Maybe they thought Moses would head up the mountain and then come right back down, kind of a short trip. Their measure of time did not meet God’s measure of time. How often does that happen to us?  Very frequently in my experience!

We live in a world that is fast-paced, with instant messaging and real-time technology. We wait for very few things. We get impatient and anxious over the smallest time delays. Waiting in line to do anything seems futile and a waste of time. We pray for self-control just so we are not completely rude or offensive to those around us, especially those who may be holding up our schedule. But just as in the days of Moses, there are consequences to the behavior that comes from such impatience. The children of Israel decided to build a golden calf, throw a wild party around it, and make complete fools of themselves before God. We may not build a golden calf while waiting in traffic but many of us (if honest) must admit that we can get pretty foolish in how we handle our frustrations. Horns beeping, people yelling, gestures and faces display hostility…what has happened to us? The short answer: we have no concept of what it means to wait.

As Christians, we serve a God who is never in a rush. The Lord is patient and steadfast. If we treat our prayers like a slot machine or a 9-1-1 call, we will most likely be disappointed. The Lord will wait. So often, He is waiting on us to come to Him, or to come back to Him. He does not respond according to the world’s pace. He wants us to follow Him, not the world. Waiting on the Lord brings strength to our character. As His child, we should be diffusing the hostility with love. There is no better time to be a witness for Jesus than when we are being pressured to act like everybody else. Stop today and think about this message. If you find yourself in a line at a store, in traffic or anywhere that you are told to “wait,” pray for God’s strength to give you patience. Pray for the person standing before you in line or the Cashier before you get to her. Pray that it be an opportunity to glorify Him and be His witness.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Mar 2020, 11:22 pm

March 30

Today’s Readings: Judges 9; Luke 5:17-39

Today’s Thoughts: Refusing to Believe

Aware of their discussion, Jesus asked them: "Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember? When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?" "Twelve," they replied. "And when I broke the seven loaves for the four thousand, how many basketfuls of pieces did you pick up?" They answered, "Seven." He said to them, "Do you still not understand?" Mark 8:17-21

From Mark 8, we see how Jesus has compassion for 4,000 people who have been following Him for three days. He feeds them, not only spiritually through His teachings, but also physically as well.  It is the second time that He has performed this kind of miracle in front of his disciples, the people following Him and those who oppose Him. The Pharisees were hard-hearted to such an extreme that they could not see or appreciate the spiritual or physical miracles. Instead, they continue to insist on a sign. The answer Jesus gave them was pretty amazing. He did not rebuke them by asking, “What do you call feeding 4,000 with only 7 loaves, with another 7 baskets left over?” No, Jesus does not try to reason with them. He allows them the right to continue in their position of doubt and skepticism. He doesn’t even speak in His own defense.  He allows them to make a choice – to believe or not believe.  Many times today, He deals with us in the same way.  He is a gentleman, He will not force us to be obedient.

Sometimes we must deal with similar types of attitudes with the people in our lives – doubting and skepticism. Maybe these people have seen the Lord perform miracles in your life but they still harass you and want you to prove yourself.  They might have even partaken of the bread that Jesus miraculously provided for you. Or maybe Jesus has provided miraculously for them as well but they refuse to acknowledge His provision as a miracle. As hard as it can be for us, the responsibility to change them or reason with them is not ours, but the Lord's. It is our responsibility to live in His power and presence, speaking His truth to others while leaving the results to God. We can take comfort and rest in the fact that God does not need us to defend Him. Keep praying for them diligently. And when the struggles come, ask the Lord to give you understanding, for He will continue to provide for you both spiritually and physically.

Daily Disciples Ministries
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 11:52 pm

March 29

Today's Reading: Judges 7; Luke 5:1-16

Today’s Thoughts: Who is Like Our God

Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.  Micah 7:18-19

Have you ever known anyone who truly delights in mercy? Think about it for a moment. How many of us really enjoy extending mercy to others? I am not talking about the kind of mercy that we give in times of need or extend to someone because we feel sorry for them. I am talking about the kind of mercy that the Lord extends to us on a continual basis. And not only does the Lord grant us this mercy, but also the Bible says He loves to do it. Isaiah 30:18 says the Lord waits (or longs) to be gracious to us. Sometimes we need to be reminded of how good God is to us. There is no one like our God.

We also need to be reminded of something else concerning our awesome God: He pardons our iniquities and casts our sins into the depths of the sea. He remembers them no more (Isaiah 43:25). So often, we are the ones who hold on to our sins, not God. We are the ones who condemn ourselves, not God. We are the ones who judge ourselves harshly, not God. And, we are the ones who cannot forgive ourselves, but God does. Jesus says that we are to come to His throne of grace with boldness and to take His mercy with the love to which it is extended to us. Jesus died for us so that we may live in freedom, knowing that all of our sins are forgiven, even the ones we have yet to commit.

To our friends, We pray that today can be a new day for you. We pray that you will accept God's mercy and grace with open arms. We pray that you, in turn, will begin to delight in doing the same for others. We pray that you will fall in love with this awesome God who truly does delight in forgiving all of your sins and waits just to be kind and gracious to you. Ask the Lord to open your heart to receive His mercy and take hold of all that He has for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 10:42 pm

March 28

Today's Reading: Judges 4; Luke 4:31-44 

Today's Thoughts: An Answer to Prayer

Then he said, "O Lord God of my master Abraham, please give me success this day, and show kindness to my master Abraham. Behold, here I stand by the well of water, and the daughters of the men of the city are coming out to draw water. Now let it be that the young woman to whom I say, 'Please let down your pitcher that I may drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I will also give your camels a drink'--let her be the one You have appointed for Your servant Isaac. And by this I will know that You have shown kindness to my master." Genesis 24:12-14
The prayer that Abraham’s servant prayed is called a “fleece.” The New Unger’s Dictionary describes a fleece as “the wool of a sheep, whether on the living animal, shorn off, or attached to the flayed skin.” The miracle of Gideon’s fleece (Judges 6:37-40) consisted of the dew having soaked the fleece once, without any on the ground, whereas at another time the fleece remained dry while the ground was wet with dew. Literally, fleece means the wool of a sheep. However, today we call certain prayers a “fleece” because Gideon used a “fleece” (or the wool of sheep) to have God confirm His will in a specific manner to him: the fleece needed to be wet even though the ground was dry and then the fleece needed to remain dry even though the ground was wet.

Is it ok to pray for a fleece today? I have asked God for many fleeces because I wanted God’s clear direction in making decisions. There have been prayers that I have prayed for years without any need of a sign. But there have been others that I have prayed and received verses and confirmation, but I still wanted more clarification and direction. At this point, I pray a fleece and I have clearly seen God move to show me His will. Know that when you pray a fleece, you have a higher accountability to God. I have learned not to flippantly pray for a fleece. I ask for wisdom, I pray for wise counsel from others, I search His Scriptures and pray continually before resorting to a fleece. I am this hesitant because sadly I have to say that God has been more faithful to answer my fleeces than I have been faithful to be obedient with His answer. Dealing with the consequences of not following the Lord was more difficult than not knowing His will in a matter and just trusting Him for the outcome.
God is a personal God and He wants to answer specific prayers. He will lead you. He will answer you. He loves for you to seek His specific will. And He promises to answer when we call. If He doesn’t answer your fleece, then it wasn’t time to ask for one. Keep trusting as you ask, seek and knock. The door will be opened and you will know the answer, if you really want to know it or not! But, once you know, be careful to be obedient!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 17 Mar 2020, 7:59 pm

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 30; Mark 15:1-25

Today's Thoughts: Crush, Kill and Destroy

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Satan is alive and well. His mission has been the same since the Garden of Eden: to crush, kill and destroy (just like the android on Lost in Space). He is good at twisting concepts and manipulating ideas into truths that are not real. Satan’s battlefield is in your mind and starts within your circumstances. He frustrates your plans, trying to crush that peace within your heart. When your attitudes don’t match, you have just become a hypocrite and Satan loves to make hypocrites out of Christians. Once you are aware of this scheme (which for some of us is a lifetime), you learn to pray and resist him by drawing near to God. You do this by learning how to discipline your behavior and choosing not to allow the fruits of the Spirit to be crushed. Praying, submitting to God and meditating on scripture are the next steps. But then Satan’s next plan of attack hits your mind. Now, Satan cannot read your mind but he can discern what you are thinking by your words and behaviors. He can also put his thoughts into your mind. I have found that many times I don’t need the devil to put bad thoughts into my mind because I can do that all by myself. I am capable of taking my own self out of the ministry or walking away from the Lord, with very little effort or attack from him.

So “be on guard” for Satan is seeking someone, like you, to devour. If you look weak, think weak, act weak, and your words express a weakness in your faith, then you will surely become his next target. Peter warns us to be sober and vigilant. Both words have similar Greek meanings: to watch and keep awake.  Obviously, this is more difficult for us because we don’t see into the spiritual realm to understand what’s going on. If we disregard the work of the enemy, we allow him to have the advantage over us.

After we pray, the Lord opens our eyes and gives us discernment to know what’s really going on. Too many Christians are apathetic and complacent. The enemy doesn’t have to bother with an apathetic and complacent Christian. That is just where he wants us to be, but God has so much more for us. The Lord has won the battle; we just have to put the armor on and pray, “Lead us not into temptation.” But when we are tempted, remember 1 John 4:4, “Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.” The Lord wants to give us an abundant life on this earth so why not start living it today!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:09 pm

March 16

Today’s Readings: Deuteronomy 28; Mark 14:54-72

Today's thoughts: The Gift of Salvation 

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9

Why is a gift of salvation so hard to accept? Why do so many people look for their own way to heaven? Why do people try to make God fit into their own belief system? Regardless of the many who reject these two verses, they are truth. There is only one way to heaven and the only Way is by receiving the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. Despite the growing and ever-present number of religious groups which believe otherwise, this truth will be the only one that matters when it is all said and done. Because in essence, we as mankind have a hard time accepting the “gift.” The old saying that there is no free lunch sets us up to trust only in those things we earn. Trust is the key word. Where do we put our trust? We either trust in the Lord or we trust in ourselves.

Many today try to blend a combination of the two. They trust the Lord to give them the gift of salvation because they work so hard to please Him. And these works and efforts can really look good. They attend church regularly, serve when needed, give as required, and try to live overall lives that maintain Christian moral values. But they give themselves too much credit. God does not want anyone to do anything for Him because He has already done everything for us. So how do we accept His gift? We need to realize that the gift has been given by grace, and to receive the gift, all we need to do is believe. We just need to believe in our hearts that Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and that without Him we are spiritually dead and destined to spend eternity separated from Him. Believe in Jesus, not in man’s good works.

Are you tired and weary of trying to please God? Even if you have professed faith and accepted Jesus as your Lord, you still might be trying so hard to please Him. Today, we need to accept His promise and rest in Him. Let’s live today to the fullest in God’s gift by trusting Him in all things and all areas of our lives. Start by talking to Him. Give your heart to Jesus, give Him your burdens today and He will show you mercy. Worship and praise Him and your heart will begin to sense His joy and peace. Why would any of us desire to follow any other way?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 15 Mar 2020, 1:46 am

March 14

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 22; Mark 14:1-26

Your Thoughts on Today’s Passage: Consider Your Ways
Then the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet, saying, "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?” Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: "Consider your ways!" You have sown much, and bring in little; you eat, but do not have enough; you drink, but you are not filled with drink; you clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; and he who earns wages, earns wages to put into a bag with holes.” Haggai 1:3-6

The prophet Haggai was sent to speak to the group who had come back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple of the Lord. The Book of Ezra explains how the first group came back to begin the rebuilding process. Due to great opposition, the work came to a stop over the course of time. Haggai was sent by the Lord to re-start the work and get the people going again. The Lord was telling them to get their priorities straight. They had settled into their lives and homes but the temple was still not finished. They lived in paneled houses while God's house lay in ruins (Haggai 1:4). If they took a close look at their lives, they would see how their efforts had produced little.

Do you ever feel as though you work really hard, try to do the right things, yet nothing seems to come from it? Are you blessed? Do you see the Lord's hand in your work? If you feel as though you work to put your wages in a bag with holes, then maybe you need to "consider your ways." Check your priorities. Are you giving your first fruits unto the Lord? It is not just about your work for God that matters, it is about your heart before the Lord. Is He truly first in your life? Do you do things for Him because you love Him, or is it for other reasons?

These are the questions that we all must ask ourselves. Sometimes we get so focused on our own lives that we lose God's perspective. When that happens, we often begin to sense that things are not quite right. We do not see the blessings as we would expect or hope to see. As the Lord continued to tell His people through the prophets, “Repent and Return.” The message is the same for us today. Maybe it is time to put some new priorities in your life. Pray about what the Lord wants you to re-prioritize and ask Him to help you to make the changes He wants. Instead of pockets with holes, you will see storehouses that overflow with His blessings.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Mar 2020, 2:48 pm

March 13

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 19; Mark 13:21-37

Today's Thoughts: The Christian life is like climbing stairs.

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

We realize early in our Christian life that we start on the bottom floor of the staircase. Our main goal is to get up to the top. While first beginning to ascend, the climb seems to go easy and fast. After all, the need for change was evident and our goals for coming to Christ were clear. Who wants to stay on the bottom step? As we keep climbing, sometimes we wonder if we will ever make it to the top. Our muscles ache and our heart pounds at times. We pray for an elevator or escalator to make the climb easier. But God makes sure that we consciously have to make a choice to go each step, and God is not in a rush. He waits patiently, lovingly and relentlessly for us to catch our breath and relax.

At these times of rest, we look down and see what we have had to overcome just to get this high. God does not let us know how far we still have to go. But we still get overwhelmed, thinking about the remaining climb. We gaze at the top, keep looking up, and taking one step at a time. At some levels, the rest is nice with balconies and water fountains. At other times, only by faith do we keep climbing. We know that climbing back down would be a mistake but we think about it sometimes. Other times, we just want to sit right where we are without continuing in the climb, just hang out for a while in one place. We pass those on our way up the stairs who are hanging out in their spot, and then sometimes we step aside to let someone pass by who is heading back down the stairs. Those of us who continue upward know that the temptation to stop is not a valid option because we hear the Lord’s call to go higher. In our heart of hearts, we know that when we finally arrive, we will be so happy we kept climbing. There is no hurry, but no advantage to slowing down either. So we pray for a steady pace, understanding each level and making a conscious decision to move up and onward.

Where are you at today on the staircase to God? Are you hanging out, taking a break, or are you seriously contemplating heading back down? Keep a couple of things in mind: fix your eyes upward towards the top and listen for God’s voice. Not only is the Lord calling you to come, to keep moving, but He is also waiting for you. And the best part of all of it? He is with you in every step you take. So today, lift your head up and get moving. The prize awaits at the end.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 12 Mar 2020, 11:12 pm

March 12

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 16; Mark 13:1-20

Today's Thoughts: What Do You Boast In?

Some boast in chariots, and some in horses; But we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God. - Psalm 20:7

My friend had a blood test that came back questionable. I asked her mother about the doctor and the following steps that would be taken. Her mom’s answer ended in explaining to me the credibility of the doctor.

Intelligence, money and strength are three attributes that we love to measure in ourselves and others. Our intelligence can be measured by how hard one studied and the grades one received. We form an instant opinion when we hear certain colleges were attended with the credentials that were earned. Money tends to reflect our success. If someone is wealthy and manages their money well, we give credence as well as our respect. And strength is the last characteristic that helps us to form an opinion about someone. Are they athletic? Do they have high energy to get important things done? Do they have a disciplined body to maintain stressful positions and self control? These three things we assume we can boast about. These three things others boast about for someone else.

God does not value our intelligence, wealth or strength. God values a person who trusts and boasts in Him. All three of those characteristics are gifts—God given gifts. In light of eternity, they mean nothing and each one could be taken away in an instant through illness alone. It is great that we have good doctors to attend to us, but God is the Author and Sustainer of life. I would rather boast in the name of the Lord, my God than to put my trust in any person, despite their credentials. Turn to the Lord and seek His face. Know that you serve a God who gives gifts to men and the greatest gift given was Jesus. Do we really trust in Jesus each day?  And do we boast in His name?

Pray about it: Lord, let me not boast in my wisdom, nor in my strength, nor in my riches. I want to boast in knowing You, believing in You and understanding Your ways. (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm

March 11

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 13; Mark 12:28-44

Today's Thoughts: The Perfect One

“How long will you keep us in suspense?  If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” John 10:22-24

Do you really believe that the Jewish religious leaders wanted clarity and confirmation that He is the Christ? No. Their mission was consistent in wanting Him to publicly declare that He was Messiah in order to justify attacking and eventually killing Him. Their motive doesn’t surprise me, but Jesus’ consistent patience, sincerity and honesty absolutely surprises me. He continually answers their questions and exposes their hearts. These religious men think that they are so perfect—perfect in their knowledge of the scriptures, perfect in judging and criticizing. And now they think that they are perfectly justified in killing the only Perfect person who ever lived. Jesus once again repeats over and over that they will not understand because they are not His sheep. Jesus’ sheep hear His voice, know Him and follow Him. Jesus tells us that His Father fully supports Him and loves Him. And so we know that no one will snatch us out of the Father’s hand either. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are united in their plans and purpose for sheep preservation. They are committed to the security and safety of the sheep. As His sheep, we have the responsibility to hear, obey and to follow where He leads. But if you know Jesus, regardless of how far you stray, He will eventually lead you back for nothing can separate you from the love of God.

Pray about it:Oh Lord, thank You for being my Good Shepherd. You know me, love me, call me by name, and lead me. You also tell me that nothing will snatch me away from You. I am so thankful that You will complete the work You started in me and that You will get me to where I need to be. Please help me to live by fully trusting You. I want the attitude of my heart and the meditations of my mind to be without fear, doubt, worry and insecurity. Thanks for taking care of me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Mar 2020, 12:20 am

March 1

Today's Reading: Numbers 20; Mark 7:1-13

Today's Thoughts: Match Outside to Inside 

Then the Pharisees and Scribes asked Him, "Why do Your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashed hands?" He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me. and in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'  "For laying aside the commandment of God, you hold the tradition of men--the washing of pitchers and cups, and many other such things you do." Mark 7:5-8

I was speaking with someone the other day who used to take part in Bible studies. Although she did not tell me exactly why she is not presently involved in a Bible study, she did share with me an observation that I knew was at the root of her issue.  She commented that people act a certain way in church but a different way outside of it. Obviously, she was bothered by the Christian’s hypocritical behavior. Many of us look really good on the outside but are falling apart on the inside. In other words, we put on a good show. The problem is when we try to put on an act before the Lord. We honor Him with our lips but our hearts are far from Him. Jesus wants the truth of what is in our hearts, not how we portray ourselves on the outside. Clearly He sees the thoughts and intents of our hearts.

The Pharisees kept the law and man's traditions to the strictest of standards. Their hands were ceremonially cleansed before they touched any bread to eat. Even their utensils were cleansed with the same ceremony. The outside looked spotless to the point that they believed themselves to be more spiritual and pure than those who did not perform these rituals. The same is true for people in the church today. Many Christians work hard at being righteous and look the part to those around them, but God knows what is in their hearts. If our activities are whitewashed by man's traditions, then the fruit of that will be seen in our behaviors. There will be a lack of sincerity and realness with people. Not only does the Lord see through it, but so do others.

Where is your heart today? Are you worshiping with your lips or with sincerity in your heart? Do not just keep going through the motions, whether in your ministry services, church activities or daily checklist of religious do's and don'ts. Get real with the Lord today. Be careful in following the traditions of man to the extent that the Lord is far from your heart. Pray that your outside will match your inside and ask the Lord to remove your fears about how real that might look. If we all would commit to this process, we might just see a lot more people in Bible studies and church.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 29 Feb 2020, 10:44 am

February 29

Today's Reading: Revelation 19

Today’s Thoughts: Signs of the Times

After these things I heard a loud voice of a great multitude in heaven, saying, “Alleluia! Salvation and glory and honor and power belong to the Lord our God! Revelation 19:1

I can still remember sermons from 1979 when I first came to Christ. The Book of Revelation seemed like a Twilight  Zone episode as I heard Pastor Chuck Smith teach on the mark of the beast. He quoted from Revelation  13:16-17 referring to the antichrist, “He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.”  (NIV84)

He said that the mark of the beast would probably be like a small computer chip that would be placed under the skin of the hand or on the forehead. This chip would be the key to all sorts of buying and selling.

To embrace Pastor Chuck’s teaching at the time seemed like an act of faith. Today, we know that it is more like a fact. We already have seen commercials of these computer chips being placed in our pets or even our family members who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease. The chips are programmed to assist in finding  your lost pet or loved one. It is a wonderful invention. This system makes sense as it also brings us a worldly peace of mind. Although this new capability is not tied up with the antichrist at this present time, we can see the conditioning of adapting such a system or new way of life.  It moves our world to a cashless society as well as the convenience of having your belongings be a part of you. No more identity theft or the hassle of many credit cards and papers.

So what are we to do? Revolt, Rebel, Reject Change??? I don’t think so. My friend who has a down syndrome child is seriously considering purchasing this chip for her child who frequently escapes from the home regardless of the extent of locks and security.  Would any person today advice her against this? Is it wrong? Tell you the truth, I had to pray about it.

The antichrist is not in the public light as we know of yet so the chips are individually purchased through a variety of individual companies. Presently these chips are not a part of a One World Government. The stage is being set obviously. However, according to God, that is the plan and the way of the future. God’s ways will be accomplished as well as His words fulfilled.

In summary, times are changing rapidly through technology.  We are not to be in fear of the change but to be looking for the return of  Christ and use the technology He has allowed to spread the word as He is our answer. He is our Hope and we do not need to be afraid.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 28 Feb 2020, 4:15 pm

February 28

Today's Reading: Numbers 17; Mark 6:30-56

Today’s Thoughts: Knowing God Loves You

The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

I remember a day a few years ago when I was talking with someone who kept quoting Zephaniah 3:17. He was deeply impacted by the words in this verse to the point that he could not withhold his emotions. What was interesting about this conversation was that this man had spent his life in the ministry, serving in various capacities from missionary to seminary professor. He knew the Lord, walked with Him, talked with Him and loved Him with all of his heart, but did he really understand how much God loved Him?

The same is true for many of us today. We proclaim our love for the Lord. We pray to know Him more. We deeply desire a life that is fruitful and pleasing to Him. And for the most part, I believe that we spend more time thinking and praying about how to please God and how to live our lives in accordance with His will, than we spend thinking about how much He loves us. How often do you personally stop and think, “God loves me…He is rejoicing over me right now”? We tend to think that God is disappointed or upset with us instead of thinking about how much He loves and adores us. Why? Because so much of our thought processes are shaped by the world, not by the love of God. And we have an enemy who feeds right into those negative thoughts and will do anything he can to keep us from experiencing that peace and joy that comes from Jesus.

I encourage you today to write down this verse, meditate on it, and memorize it. Keep repeating it over in your heart and mind and let the Lord Himself speak these words into the depths of your soul. The Lord God is with you and will save you. He rejoices over you, quiets you with His love and sings to you. Can you believe it? Yes! God’s Word is truth and you can trust that these words are spoken just for you. The man who spent his life in ministry was on the brink of retirement before he finally realized the truth of these words. Jesus wants you to know this truth today. Experience His love, peace and joy right now.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Feb 2020, 1:38 pm

February 17

Today's Reading: Leviticus 21; Matthew 28

Today's Thoughts: What Spiritual Temperature are You?

I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Revelation 3:15-16

In my house, temperature can be a “hot” topic. In the winter, the thermostat can never be too hot for me, but my husband loves to sleep in the cold. I like foods taken straight out of the fridge but he likes them steaming hot out of the oven. One extreme or the other tends to dominate in several areas in our home, but how extreme am I when it comes to the things of the Lord? What is my spiritual temperature? How many areas of my life am I content with just being lukewarm, especially when it comes to living for Jesus?

We as Christians are often afraid to live at the extremes. We are uncomfortable standing out and speaking out too much. We rationalize our positions by saying that we do not want to offend anyone or come across as too zealous in our faith. We even justify sinful behaviors by telling ourselves that if we blend in with the crowd, then we can be a more effective witness. Where did these ideas really come from? Are they from the Lord? Not according to Revelation 3:16. Jesus says He will “vomit” us out of His mouth if we are lukewarm. He wants us to pick a position; we are either cold or hot, for Him or against Him. We either take up our cross and follow Him with our whole hearts or we follow our own desires. To live in the gray areas is unacceptable, regardless of our human rationalizations.

Where are you today? Do you have a lukewarm relationship with Jesus? I fear greatly for many people who sit in church every Sunday proclaiming to know Jesus but having no evidence of Him in their lives. Many of us look righteous on the outside but are numb on the inside. Our churches are filled with complacent Christians who are quite content to live in the gray areas, not wanting to get too uncomfortable. Will Jesus say “well done good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:23)? Or will He say “I never knew you; depart from Me” (Matthew 7:23)?  Ask the Lord to light a fire in your heart today that will set a blaze in any area of your life that has become lukewarm and complacent. Life here on earth is but for a moment, but eternity is forever.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 16 Jan 2020, 7:40 pm

January 16

Today's Reading: Genesis 39; Matthew 11

Today's Thoughts: John’s Doubts

And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said to Him, "Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?" - Matthew 11:2-3

John the Baptist was the forerunner of Jesus. Isaiah 40:3 and Malachi 3:1, he was prophesied as the messenger who would prepare the way for the Messiah. He was the one anointed in his mother’s womb and filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:41), and appointed by God to bear witness of Jesus, the Son of God. John the Baptist was the one who baptized Jesus and witnessed the Holy Spirit’s descent upon Him like a dove (John 1:32). This same John the Baptist is now wondering if this Jesus is the real Messiah. Should he look for someone else? What happened to John? What went wrong with his faith?

The Messiah was expected to come to earth and to set up His kingdom. Jesus, therefore, was the long-awaited King of the Jews. Everyone who believed in Him fully expected the prophecies of His earthly reign to be fulfilled in their day. But Jesus would answer John’s question showing a much different purpose for His coming than what John and the Jewish people expected. Jesus sent back the message that, “The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them” (Matthew 11:5). Jesus did not come the first time to set up His kingdom; He humbled Himself and died on a cross for our sins. He came as the final sacrifice. Jesus came to serve, not to be served. So John’s expectations were not met, thus, he began to question (or doubt) if Jesus was the true Messiah.

How often do we put Jesus in our box and look to Him to meet our expectations? What happens when Jesus does not meet us the way we think He should? It is in those moments that our faith is tested the most. As humans, we tend to have very short memories. We forget so quickly how real the Lord has been to us, only to experience those moments when we wonder if He was ever real at all. Pray that your faith is strengthened in times of testing. Pray that you do not forget all that Jesus has done in your life. Pray that you never doubt that He is the true Son of God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 3:04 pm

Today's Reading: Genesis 33:1-31; Matthew 10:1-20

Today's Thoughts: Renew Your Mind

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. - Romans 12:1-2

Have you ever found yourself humming or singing a song that is in your mind but you are not sure where it came from? So often, I will walk out of a store with a familiar tune playing in my head. The same thing happens when we watch television. Images from movies and television shows repeatedly play over and over in our minds. The power of sound and visual imagery can dominate us and yet, in many ways, we are somewhat immune to their influence. The entire marketing industry knows that repetitive marketing slogans will lead us to desire and purchase them. Our minds are well-trained in the ways of the world.

As Christians, we need to be aware of the worldly influences that infiltrate our minds. Thoughts tend to build upon each other and that can lead us into ungodly habits and patterns. The devil will tell us that whatever is in our minds is just for us; no one will get hurt, and no one will ever know. But in time, out thoughts will begin to change our behaviors and ultimately, some of those hidden things in our minds will be exposed in our lives. We must guard against these influences from the start. We must be on the offensive at all times. The apostle Paul tells us that we are not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Our minds must be renewed daily, moment by moment, and this training begins by keeping certain things out. Make a conscious choice to avoid watching certain programs or movies. Turn off the noise in the car and replace it with music of praise and worship. We need to put things in our minds that glorify our Lord, for He that is in us is greater than he that is in the world.

Is it a sacrifice? Yes. We must present our bodies and minds to be a sacrifice unto God. The best part is that our sacrifice is greatly rewarded in the blessings that come from having a sound mind filled with peace and joy. Ask the Lord to help you today, and pray for His power to overcome the enticing activities of the world. Retrain your mind and your life will change.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 13 Jan 2020, 1:44 pm

January 13

Today's Reading: Genesis 31; Matthew 9:18-38

Today's Thoughts: A Changed Heart
And Jacob saw the countenance of Laban, and indeed it was not favorable toward him as before. Then the Lord said to Jacob, "Return to the land of your fathers and to your family, and I will be with you." So Jacob sent and called Rachel and Leah to the field, to his flock, and said to them, "I see your father's countenance, that it is not favorable toward me as before; but the God of my father has been with me. And you know that with all my might I have served your father. Yet your father has deceived me and changed my wages ten times, but God did not allow him to hurt me.   Genesis 31:2-7

God is God and He can change the heart of people for your advantage. Jacob knew that despite all his efforts and hard work, Laban's heart was changing towards him. Jacob described it as "not favorable toward him as before." This would seem like an injustice to Jacob since he had worked for Laban who had deceived him and changed his wages unfairly 10 times. And through it all, Laban was completely blessed because of Jacob. However, for some strange reason, Laban's heart changed towards Jacob and his work. With the unfair treatment and Laban's change of heart, Jacob wanted to move on. Why? Because God wanted Jacob to leave and when leaving, God did not want Jacob to ever look back and regret his decision. So God allowed Laban to test Jacob unfairly and to cause Jacob to desire to leave.

Has this ever happened to you? It happens in all kinds of circumstances where people form close ties that are mutually beneficial. A person's heart can change towards a friend when they fear they are losing something of value, but God can change a heart simply for His purposes, even when the innocent one is treated unfairly. It is hard being the one who is mistreated because the heart of a friend has changed against you. But God knows your heart as well as the heart of your former friend.

If you are finding yourself in this place, completely trust in the Lord. Even though you might not have ever left, He still may change circumstances and hearts to get you to change. Some of us pray for years to have our circumstances change. For others of us, we are so surprised when God intervenes and changes a heart. But if you really examine your prayers, the change should not catch you off guard. God is good like that. You can trust Him. He knows where you need to be and He will perform miracles to get you there. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 12 Jan 2020, 1:57 pm

January 12

Today's Reading: Genesis 29; Matthew 9:1-17

Today's Thoughts: Division

And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness….Then God said, "Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters." Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. - Genesis 1:4, 6-7

God is in the business of division. As in creation, He divided whatever was necessary in order to bring order. He divides light and darkness today also. That is why His people are in this world but not of it. God’s children are separated from the world as they are sanctified, or set apart, for the things of God. As Christians, we think of the Lord as One who wants to make “everything ok” or to bring peace to a given situation. However, the Lord Jesus clearly said that He came to divide.

"Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to 'set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law'; and 'a man's enemies will be those of his own household.' He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.” (Matthew 10:34-39)

If you have troubles with loved ones who don’t know the Lord, be at peace in the Lord. It is the work of the Lord in your life that has changed you so that you feel the division. Your love for your loved ones shouldn’t change, but your heart’s desire to see them come to Christ will set you apart or divide you from them. Keep praying, keep loving and keep your peace in Jesus. He didn’t give peace to the world but brought peace to you individually as He set you apart for Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 11 Jan 2020, 5:37 pm

January 11

Today's Reading: Genesis 27; Matthew 8:18-34

Today's Thoughts: God’s Promise

“Behold, I am with you and will keep you wherever you go, and will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you." - Genesis 28:15

Today's verse is a promise that God made to Jacob. As Jacob lay asleep, the Lord stood over him and reaffirmed the promise that He had given his father, Isaac, and his grandfather, Abraham. The Lord told Jacob of how his descendants would be as the dust of the earth, scattered in all directions and blessed to be in God's family. God kept His promise and the rest of the Old Testament tells the story of His people, a people known as the children of Israel. (Israel  was the new name given to Jacob by God.)

The literal context of this verse is stated above but the spiritual context is applicable to us today. Did you know that the Lord has a promise for your life, even in this verse? How does something written so long ago become relevant to our lives now? Many people miss out on the Old Testament message because they see no relevance to our modern lives. But the Holy Spirit makes the message critically relevant to our lives right here and right now. The promise that God gave Jacob is also a promise that He gives us. Hebrews 13:5 says that the Lord will never leave us nor forsake us. For Jacob, God had given him a specific promise about the nation of Israel, a nation yet to be born at the time of the encounter. What promise has God given you, or do you know? For starters, He promises to never leave you and that He will be with you and keep you wherever you go. God promises to always be with you. What an awesome promise!

Sometimes we just need to open the Bible and start reading. Maybe someone reading this right now needs to hear that God promises to always be with them. The Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and speaks to our hearts personally, a message just for us. The Bible is filled with stories and literal accounts of historical events, but in every story and every account, there is a personal message just for you. Please do not miss out on the spiritual message. You will find what you need if you seek for it: a promise, a confirmation, an answer. You will love the Bible stories, but when they become real to you in your life, and apply to you in some way today, your life will change and you will have an insatiable appetite for God's Word.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Jan 2020, 6:31 pm

January 10

Today's Reading: Genesis 25; Matthew 8:1-17

Today's Thoughts: Chronicle Your Blessings

Then Moses said, "This is the thing which the Lord has commanded: 'Fill an omer with it, to be kept for your generations, that they may see the bread with which I fed you in the wilderness, when I brought you out of the land of Egypt.' " - Exodus 16:32

Do you ever forget things? Have you ever tried something out of the ordinary, maybe even silly, just to remember something of importance? Some people tie strings around their fingers, some write post-it notes and stick them in plain view, and others go so far as to take memory classes or use self-help tools for memory enhancement. Let’s face it, we all deal with memory lapses at times, and most of us have forgotten at least one thing we wished we had remembered.   

Think about how much information goes into our brains on a constant basis. We live in a world filled with constant stimuli with each piece fighting for a place of priority in our thoughts. Our days begin with so much to do that our organizers and calendars need more power. Sometimes I am amazed at just how soon I can forget something, regardless of the tactics, tools or tricks I might use to help me to not forget.

I am thankful that God understand, and He wants to help. The verses above demonstrate how important it was to the Lord that the children of Israel have a physical reminder of His faithfulness to them. The Lord instructed Moses on how to store the manna as a reminder of how He fed them in the wilderness for forty years. Sadly, as the Bible reveals their continuing story to us, these people would soon forget how good God was to them. But God did not want them to forget, and He does not want us to forget either. How do we remember the good things God does for us? There are so many awesome ways that the Lord demonstrates His love and faithfulness towards us such as: answered prayers, answers to prayers never prayed, surprise blessings, and all of those “must be a God-thing” events. How can we remember, especially when we find ourselves in a valley of darkness or a barren wilderness?

One of the best blessings in my life has been the habit of keeping a daily prayer journal. Writing out my prayers, my thoughts and feelings, and my personal evidence of God’s hand in my life has strengthened my faith and trust in Him. I can look back over past journals and read about the amazing times He intervened in my circumstances. A prayer journal becomes our personal testimony of how God has worked in our lives. Let’s commit ourselves to making this activity a habit and to keeping this daily journal as a testimony of how awesome our Lord and Savior is.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: