World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» THE BLAZE
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 2:55 pm by Admin

» EXPERTS Why Israel Must Strike Back
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 1:50 pm by Admin

» Christians facing Medntasl Health Struggles
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 1:34 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 1:24 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 1:08 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 1:05 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Christ Centered Devotion EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Christ Centered Devotion

Go down

Christ Centered Devotion Empty Christ Centered Devotion

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2009, 1:57 pm

Christ Centered Devotion for 11/21/2009
Let's Live A Life Of Praise Unto the Lord

Psa 9:1 I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvellous works.

The commandments can never be kept while there is a strife to keep them; the man is overwhelmed in the weight of their broken pieces. It needs a . . . power of life, not of struggle; the strength of love, not the effort of duty. GEORGE MACDONALD (1824–1905)

Today's Verses - KJV

1 John 5:2-4 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
My Comments

Does our love for God require us to keep the commandments of God? Is true love shown by being obedient? Does that love manifest itself in love toward God and His children, our brothers and sisters? Do we count those who don't belong to our church, children of God? Do we think it is hard to keep the commandments? Are we living an overcoming life, in Jesus Christ? What is required to live an overcoming life? It's easy to get caught up in thinking that those who are not of our denomination; are not children of God. Why do we do that, if they believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord? We cannot say we love the Lord and be disobedient to His Word. Godly love is action, not just words we say or things we quote and must come from our heart! Hear the Word of the Lord - John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments. Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? All His commandments are for our good; not His. He has all He needs and wants to give us His best. Those that are born of God can live overcoming lives, if they want to with their whole heart. We have His ability in us to do it! The flesh says you can't but the Spirit says you can. Faith says, I believe the Spirit. Why do you think that the Word of God talks so much about this love being in us? Beloved, it is because it is of utmost importance. It is not an optional thing but a requirement for the children of God. Meditate on it!
Prayer

Lord God, help us to see others with Your eyes. You loved us when we were dead in sin. Help us to love as You love. Cause us to realize that some need spiritual nourishment so they can grow up into You. Grant that we may be vessels You minister through. We ask and give thanks in Jesus name, Amen.
Jesus Christ is Lord

Ministry of Charles & Datha Darby
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down