World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 14:56
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyToday at 21:23 by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyToday at 21:09 by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyToday at 21:07 by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyToday at 21:04 by Admin

» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyToday at 16:36 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyToday at 14:37 by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 23:38 by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 23:18 by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 22:24 by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 22:13 by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 21:54 by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 23:45 by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 23:44 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 23:08 by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 22:54 by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 1:25 by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024 - 0:43 by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024 - 23:40 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024 - 23:00 by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024 - 20:54 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Thu 26 Jan 2023 - 23:18

Hello Elaine,

Tonight we reveal and explain a third mystery in Scripture...

THE 12 MYSTERIES IN SCRIPTURE (Part 3)
Thursday, January 26, 2023
7:00 pm Eastern Time (New York)

Register here (if you haven't already):
https://TheSchoolOfChrist.Org/bible

Important: This online class is free to attend! But if you can give a little something to help cover the cost we certainly appreciate it.

I hope to "see" you online!

I am your brother,
Chip Brogden
https://TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

PO Box 98733
Raleigh NC 27624
USA

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Apr 2022 - 21:30

April 18, 2022 at 1:58 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace in Being Heard

Peace in Being Heard

"Then Jesus looked up and said, 'Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me."  John 11:41-42 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 34:1-10

We have complete confidence knowing that God the Father always hears us. The God Who Hears is pleased when we express ourselves genuinely to Him and others. As we learn to listen to Him, we become more attentive in listening to the people He has put in our lives. 

Healthy human relationships allow the people in them to be heard without the threat of passive  or aggressive reactions from the listener. Giving others an attentive ear so their thoughts can be expressed validates their worth and establishes security in the relationship. Being heard is not only healing to one's spirit but also to one's mind and body. 

Christian psychiatrist Dr. Curt Thompson in his book Anatomy of the Soul (2010) explains "actual changes" that foster healing take place  in the brain when people feel "truly heard and understood." Damaging stress chemicals decrease, while the production of life-giving, emotionally stabilizing chemicals increase. 

Give an ear to others, imitating Christ who listens wholeheartedly and compassionately to you.  

Insight: "I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." (Psalm 18:6)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email.

Michael D. Inman

April 19, 2022 at 1:11 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace-Filled Houses

Peace-Filled Houses

"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." Proverbs 24:3-4  

Scripture Focus: John 1:43-51

Nathanael's low regard for Nazareth was evident. The town was obscure, despised, and never mentioned in the Old Testament. This may have prompted Nathanael's comment, "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" (John 1:46) 

I grew up on a dusty Missouri farm near a town along the Dry Fork Creek. It was paradise to me: I could roam the bordering farms and woodlands, wade/swim in the Creek, and cross a bridge to the bustling Town of Salem. It wasn't until later when my family moved to a more prosperous area that I learned  of my hometown's reputation. The condescending jokes and mockery about the people and the town seemed strange to me since it was my home. There my family took us to the Sligo church every week, sang hymns with us, read Bible and missionary stories, cooked delicious meals, helped the needy, and prayed with and for us. 

No matter where you dwell or what people think of it, your home will contain the most "rare and beautiful treasure" when Jesus is never forgotten under your roof.  

Insight: "Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife." (Proverbs 17:1)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 16 Apr 2022 - 23:03

April 15, 2022 at 12:42 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Productivity and Peace

Productivity and Peace

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."  Psalm 23:1-3 

Scripture Focus: Luke 10:38-42

When having people into my home, I'd often set the bar too high, working like I was trying to win an entertainment competition. I'd end up unable to focus on enjoying my guests. Talk about missing the mark! Finally, my husband and I decided to take a new approach to hospitality. In order to give more attention to our company than to food preparations, we now make meals ahead of time and simply re-heat them before our guests arrive. 

In Luke's account of the Mary and Martha story, we hear Jesus' gentle rebuke to a Martha who may have been as frazzled as you and I have been at times. She pressured herself  to offer more than necessary, engaging with the many preparations rather than engaging with her guest, the Savior Himself. 

Jesus hungered as we do, but because we have   a relational God, Jesus' interest was more in fellowship with His friends than in the food. When we are "worried and upset about many things" (Luke 10:41), it's hard to be present or even be efficient in the work we do. Simplify life. Choose Jesus!  

Insight: "Martha, Martha, the Lord answered, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed" (vs. 41-42). Communion with Jesus brings peace.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Apr 2022 - 22:35

April 14, 2022 at 2:20 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Self-Peace

Self-Peace

"But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, . Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."  James 3:17-18

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103:1-12

God's never-ending love story begins in Genesis where the relationship between the Lord and mankind is initiated. In Genesis 1:26, "Let us" (Father, Son, and Spirit) were words spoken in perfect triune harmony, setting into motion a tale of heaven and earth and the greatest rescue ever. With the foreknowledge He would be nailed to a cross for the sins of those He created, Jesus became the Provision, the only way to make peace between us and the Father. 

We have a spiritual enemy who persistently tries to convince us that our lives are to be defined by our worst moments rather than by God's peace-making grace. If you buy into the lie, only unrest will follow. But if you let His never-stopping, never-giving-up love take hold of you, peace will ensue. 

May the year 2022 be one of full release from  all shame of the past. For a time Paul grieved over his murderous ways, but then  he moved on, immersing himself in the life-giving grace of Jesus and answering His call on his life. Let the Prince of Peace rule in your heart today.  

Insight: "He delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame." (Psalm 34:4b-5)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Apr 2022 - 16:29

April 13, 2022 at 2:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Passion and Peace

Passion and Peace

"For the LORD takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. ,May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands."  Psalm 149:4, 6 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 149

David was a passionate man. He danced in the streets to show delight in his God; he lay on the ground refusing to eat, crushed by grief over his dying son. His life and his God-breathed writings reveal an array of human emotions. 

Our emotions are gifts, a means to express our humanity and our heart. They are not sinful by design. But any human emotion can lead to sin. The Lord made us in His image, like Him. He does not conceal His "feelings," and  none of His "feelings" lead to sin. But we would be unlike Him to bury our emotions. Genesis 6:6 says the Lord's heart was "grieved" and "filled with pain" watching the people He created destroy each other. 

Psalm 149 speaks of worship and war, acts of celebration and confrontation. We are  created to be singers and celebrators, weepers and warriors. In sweet, joyful days we sing and dance. In days of sorrow, we weep and taste bitterness. Our Savior drank the bitter cup of God's wrath for us so that we would know the joy of life in Him now and throughout eternity  

Insight: God's "emotions" are clearly expressed and woven throughout Scripture. "As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you" (Isaiah 62:5b).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 7 Apr 2022 - 18:03

April 7, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace-Giving Regard

Peace-Giving Regard

"What a man desires is an unfailing love."   Proverbs 19:22a

Scripture Focus: John 4:4-26, 39-42

After receiving certificates of divorce from her five former husbands, the Samaritan woman at the well was thirsting for love that lasts. Jesus knew she could be truly refreshed only with Living Water. Though we don't know the details of her life, we do know that often men in that day divorced their wives for minor reasons and then sent them away-a great burden to a woman at that time who could not then return to her father's house. 

Jesus derailed social protocol by engaging in conversation with her, a Samaritan woman who was disrespected and thought unclean by the Jews. He gave her the same regard He'd give anyone else. He knew her heart. Certain she would rejoice in her belief by telling her story to others, He continued unfolding His knowledge of her life. 

Jesus was not concerned with the status of people. He spoke His truth into the lives of the rich and well-respected as well as those considered small. Many believed in Christ as a result of the Samaritan woman's testimony. 

Everyone can be used for God's glory!  

Insight: "Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom?" (James 2:5)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 4 Apr 2022 - 22:27

April 4, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace at Table

Peace at Table

"When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened, and they recognized him." Luke 24:30  

Scripture Focus: Luke 24:13-35

Many families today have exchanged meal time together for participating in sports, or being absorbed in screen time, or conducting business. The connectedness that families enjoy around the meal table is being outmoded. Listening  to each other, giving eye contact, and cultivating relationships around the dinner table are slipping away. Yet sharing mealtime together seemed quite important to Jesus. 

Imagine being at the table with Him and the  two friends after their walk to Emmaus. Though the disciples hadn't recognized the resurrected Jesus, they listened to Him. Though their hopes had been dashed, they felt something remarkable about Him. 

In the moments together at the meal table, Jesus offered thanks,  broke the bread, and passed it out. When He did so, the friends suddenly recognized Him. He was alive! It was at the table that they came to know Him. 

Enjoy a meal with others whenever you are able. And be reminded of the privilege we have of knowing Jesus bids us to come and dine with Him.  

Insight: "If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." (Revelation 3:20b)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Mar 2022 - 21:04

Feb X, 2022 at X:XX AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace as Prayers Rise

Peace as Prayers Rise

"But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice."  Psalm 55:16-17 

Scripture Focus: Genesis 21:16-17

Without water, lost, and alone in the desert, Hagar sobbed as her son was about to die. The God Who Listens was not far off. He "heard the boy crying" (Genesis 21:17). In His love and mercy, He provided water and a promise for Hagar and young Ishmael. 

A friend of mine with five children was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer. At a point when he did not know if he would survive the disease, another friend commented to him that if he himself were ill and his future uncertain, his greatest fear would be that no one would pray for his children the way a father would. 

The faithful, confident reply from my sick friend was life-changing for me. He said, "I know my prayers are constantly rising up in sweet incense before the Lord. My prayers will continue to rise, He will continue to hear, and He will continue to act on my requests whether I am here or in heaven." 

These words come out of faith in the God who always listens. Whatever your struggle, whatever your desert wandering, He is nearby, and He cares for you!

Insight: Your prayers are always heard! "They were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints" (Revelation 5:8b).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Mar 2022 - 18:45

March 28, 2022 at 1:16 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Jehoshaphat's Peace

[size=36]Jehoshaphat's Peace[/size]

"For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you."   2 Chronicles 20:12

Scripture Focus: 2 Chronicles 20:1-21

Are you facing something bigger than your own might? Whatever it is, do you know that it is smaller than the Lord's might? 

While the Israelites were about to be attacked by vast enemy armies, King Jehoshaphat prayed to his God of unsurpassable power. He spoke of God's past faithfulness to Israel and of His plan for them to possess the land. He talked about the sanctuary where God's people gathered to call on Him in need. Though distressed, he knew without question that God will "hear us and save us." The prophet Jahaziel assured the people they would not have to fight this battle; the Lord Himself would. 

God could have struck down the enemy in a word. He could have dissolved them into thin air. But He wanted the Israelites to move forward in faith. Let this Old Testament story of trial, trust, and triumph remind you that the conflicts which may await you in 2020 are not your battles at all. Jesus has already fought the most important fight for you. Now keep your eyes on Him as He grants you peace in the days ahead.

Insight: God's power, like His love, is immeasurable! The Lord is with you in your battles. Call on Him, praise Him, and experience His mighty provision.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Mar 2022 - 23:13

March 25, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Peace-Giving Priorities

[size=36]Peace-Giving Priorities[/size]

"But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy."  Titus 3:4-5a

Scripture Focus: Mark 12:28-34

Peace invades life when we know God's will and obey His commands. When Jesus spoke of the most important command (Mark 12:29), He wasn't implying the other commandments were unimportant. Rather, every part of  the law is encompassed by loving the Lord with all our heart, mind, and strength. Think of how much He loved us to give His own life to save us! So we love and honor Him for His sacrifice. 

Poet Maya Angelou (1928-2014) once said, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." There is wisdom in those words. Valuing others is part of loving our neighbor as ourselves. The wrongs we have said and done are forgiven only in the mercy of the God who loves us. 

If we want our faith to be "attractive" (Titus 2:10), Paul's letter to Titus, chapters  2 and 3, instructs us concretely in how we can show "true humility toward all men" (3:2). Make this a priority in your life, and feel God's peace wash over you.

Insight: "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." (Ephesians 4:32)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Mar 2022 - 22:23

Mar 23, 2022 at 1:48 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Peace Like the Lilies

Peace Like the Lilies
"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For, your heavenly Father knows that you need them."   Matthew 6:31-32

Scripture Focus: Matthew 6:25-34

Any Christian who has been in business for himself knows that doing so pushes you to Jesus for dependence. For 18 years we owned a country market accessed by our customers from two bridges over a freeway. When one of the bridges was torn down for replacement and then the second one was closed for repair, traffic to our store nearly halted. Sales sank, and we faced some very lean times. But even in those times, we  could depend on the Lord's provision for us. It was evidenced for me when a friend passed along to me a clothing catalogue with items I really liked but could not afford. Sensitive to our tight finances, I started using a nearby thrift shop. Wouldn't you know it? There I found the very item of clothing from the catalogue in my size for a fraction of the regular cost! The Lord knows our needs. He also is a loving Father who delights to give us good things. When you dwell  on His providence, you feel a sense of peace wash over you and you know "those who seek the Lord lack no good thing" (Psalm 34:10). 

Insight: "Why do you worry about clothes? See, the lilies of the field. ,Not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." (Matthew 6:28-29)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Mar 2022 - 23:53

March 10, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace Amongst Believers

Peace Amongst Believers

"How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! For there the LORD bestows His blessing, even life forevermore." Psalm 133:1, 3b 

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 4:1-6

My friend was  a sports coach at a nearby college. At his first practice he gives a talk on unity. He speaks about building, preserving, and protecting unity. He warns that talent doesn't go far without it, having seen some of the most skilled but divided teams fall apart on the court. He tells his athletes to expect problems but then gives instructions on how to "plead a case with integrity" (Isaiah 59:4) since many a sports team (or business, church, or family) has been dismantled due to a lack of unity. 

Often problems that develop between people are misunderstandings which can be resolved when we speak respectfully and truthfully with one another. When there is actual wrongdoing involved, the Bible instructs us to meet with the offender and discuss the matter "just between the two of you" (Matthew 18:15). Peace may arise from that one-on-one meeting. 

Jesus left heaven, went to the cross, conquered Satan, and came back alive, all to preserve the unity between Him and His beloved ones like you and me.
Insight: As hard as it may sound, let's "submit to one another out of reverence for Christ" (Ephesians 5:21).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 9 Mar 2022 - 17:07

March 9, 2022 at 2:25 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Peace While Waiting

[size=36]Peace While Waiting[/size]

"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."  Psalm 27:13-14 

Scripture Focus: Psalms 37:1-7

What a precious assurance to know our Creator cares about us. When our faith grows and we share the longings of our heart with Him, we become certain that He will address our desires in time according to His perfect will. Waiting, though, can be hard. We tend to grow anxious; we want what we want, and now! 

Too many times I have spent my energies entertaining anxious thoughts. I can testify that  it does me no good to fret; "it only leads to evil" (Psalm 37:8). Corrie ten Boom said, "Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow; it empties today of its strength." Psalm 8:2 reminds us that we can come to Jesus like a child. 

"From the  lips of children and infants, you have ordained praise,, to silence the foe and the avenger." Praising God with the carefree abandon of a child settles our anxious hearts. There's nothing more effective than to focus our thoughts on Jesus and to defend against the enemy's attacks. Trust in the LORD's faithfulness. 

He alone will "silence the foe," renew our thinking, and bring peace while we wait.  

Insight: David's 37th Psalm gives us many imperatives: trust, do good, dwell, delight, commit your way, be still, wait patiently, and do not fret.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 8 Mar 2022 - 19:34

March 8, 2022 at 1:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Peace for 2022

Peace for 2022

"I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds." Psalm 77:11-12  

Scripture Focus: Nehemiah 9:5-15

Following Ezra's reading from The Book of the Law, the Levites led Israel in an act of praise and remembrance honoring the Lord's might and faithfulness over the years. It was a looking-back time. 

I spend a portion of 2022 looking back at the calendar from the previous years. I am reminded of  joyful days noting birthdays of loved ones, music and sports events of our children and grandchildren, and gatherings of family and friends. I also see dates of past doctor appointments that indicate health battles, meetings which had disappointing outcomes, and funeral dates marking the departure of  those we'll no longer be able to enjoy this side of heaven. 

I am reminded of my blessings and God's faithfulness in days gone by. Might this be a time that you also remember the  Lord's provisions of the past so you are prompted to place your trust in Him for this year ahead? Trust Jesus for deeper faith in a good and broad plan we cannot fully see. His plan for the days and months of 2022 is in motion and rightly rendered.  

Insight: "Look back and you will see the joy of victory, the challenge of the climb, and the presence of your Traveling Companion." (Author Unknown)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 1 Mar 2022 - 18:06

Mar 1, 2022 at 12:19 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God Save You

God Save You

"She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."   Isaiah 

Scripture Focus: Matthew1:18-25

"God save you" was the greeting Fred gave to his Uncle Scrooge in A Christmas Carol. Although Scrooge did not receive it well, Fred's cheerful message drew Scrooge's attention away from his work. 

Joseph also received a greeting to address his greatest concern at the time-how would he handle Mary's pregnancy? As he pondered what to do, the Lord spoke to him in a dream. The right words at the right time proved to be a "God save you" greeting that changed Joseph's course of action. He trusted the Lord and continued with God's wonderful plan. That greeting made a huge difference in the lives of both Mary and Joseph. 

How easy it is to focus on all the holiday preparations. The decorating, shopping, baking, and events keep us busy and preoccupied. From time to time, the greeting of a friend or neighbor gets me back to a better meaning of the season. 

Let's pause to consider God's wondrous greeting to Joseph, a tender drawing near that reminds us of the best reality: Christmas is about God drawing near to save us!

Insight: During this busy season, who might I cheerfully greet in such a way to lead them away from the chaos to the Christ?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Feb 2022 - 16:11

Gift of Prayer, Pt. 2

"Jacob called the place where God had talked with him Bethel."   Genesis 35:15

Scripture Focus: Genesis 35:9-15

One part of coming to know someone better is through conversation. What a gift it is to be able to communicate with a person, and in so doing grow closer together. Prayer is like that. When prayer becomes the breathing in and out of the moments of your day, you know Jesus better. 

"Thank you for prayer, for it reminds us that we are a part of each other's lives, bearing one another's burdens and edifying each other. 

"Thank you for prayer as it helps us to see the good in the lives of others and so humbles us that we may esteem others better than ourselves. 

"Thank you for prayer that allows us to know you are sovereign and have control over the details of our lives, that you even count the number of hairs on our heads. No one but you knows us that intimately and still loves us implicitly. 

"Thank you for prayer, because in prayer we call out the names of friends and even strangers to endear them to you. We ask you to give your undivided attention to names that you know, to your children whom you have loved, to us."

Insight: "To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing." (Martin Luther, 1483-1546)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Feb 2022 - 21:21

Feb 22, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Prayer, Pt. 1

Gift of Prayer, Pt. 1

"Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:16 

Scripture Focus: 
Do you remember the famous photo of President John F. Kennedy working in the Oval Office as his two-year-old son played under his desk? It gave the idea that "John-John" had constant access to his daddy, no matter how important a man his father was. Magnify that thought: You and I have constant access in prayer to the God of the Universe! "Eternal God, so high above us that we cannot comprehend you, and yet so deep within us that we cannot escape from you, make yourself real to us in our very heart of hearts. It is in this inner place that we carry out our own conversation with ourselves every day. It is also here that we talk to you, Lord, in prayer. "We thank you, Father, for prayer itself, for inviting us to come directly to you, for giving us instant access with no waiting, no busy signal, no answering machine, no voicemail, not even phone tag. We thank you for this mind-boggling personal relationship with you. Prayer is like having you always at the back of our minds so that in every action we make, there you are!"

Insight: "Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?" (Corrie ten Boom, 1892-1983)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Feb 2022 - 17:05

Feb 21, 2022 at 1:36 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  When the Answer Is "No"

[size=36]When the Answer Is "No"[/size]

"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission."   Hebrews 5:7

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

Hebrews records that our perfect, righteous Savior prayed pleadingly. And the answer from His heavenly Father was "No." He was heard but did not get a "Yes." If you've prayed for someone's disease to be healed, for some dear couple to have a baby, for a prodigal child to return to the Lord, but instead wept to see that God's answer simply was "No," then you're familiar with the agony of Jesus' heart. 

"God is not deaf to our cries, pleading, and longing. But, sometimes, for reasons that we may not understand, His good purpose is to say no" (Melissa Kruger, 2018). He has something in mind for us that we cannot yet comprehend. We may not ever grasp it this side of heaven. 

Paul asked repeatedly for a "thorn" in his flesh to be removed, but it never happened. Instead, God reminded Paul that His "grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9). 

"Lord Jesus, be our eternal dwelling place and home to our heart when we find no rest, encouragement, or hope. In Christ's name we pray, Amen."

Insight: "The greatest tragedy of life is not unanswered prayer, but unoffered prayer." (F.B. Meyer, 1847-1929)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Feb 2022 - 0:45

Feb 18, 2022 at 12:4 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Jesus Prayed

Jesus Prayed

"After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you."   John 17:1

Scripture Focus: Mark 1:35-39

The Bible records Jesus praying 25 different times during His earthly ministry, and certainly He prayed many more times than that. The Son of God Himself needed to pray? You'd think since He and the Father are one (John 10:30) that He wouldn't need to set aside time to pray. But Jesus seemed to need time with God just as much as we do. 

In His humanity and in relationship to His Father, Jesus became like a child wanting to be with the one he loves. He was dependent on His Father (John 5:19). He invites us to do life the very same way, remembering that apart from Him, we can do nothing (John 15:5). 

"Our heavenly Father, we thank you for the atoning death of Jesus that paid the penalty for our sins, although this alone is not enough to bring us to heaven. Besides this substitutionary death, we are also thankful for the 33 years of Jesus' life on earth wherein His every word and action sinlessly fulfilled the demands of the law of God, meriting for us His righteousness. 

Through Him, the God-Man, we have eternal life."

Insight: "Prayer should be the key of the day and the lock of the night." (George Herbert, 1593-1633)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 0:29

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:07 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Praying in the Spirit

Praying in the Spirit

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."   Romans 8:26

Scripture Focus: Romans 8:22-27

Many of us recall times when we desperately ran to the Lord in prayer. The situation we were praying about was so overwhelming we could hardly find the words to utter. Was the Holy Spirit speaking through our agonized groaning somehow? We know that prayer is supposed to involve the Holy Spirit, but how? What exactly is "praying in the Spirit"? 

"To pray in the Spirit means to pray in harmony with the Word of God, which He has inspired, Praying in the Spirit is praying along the same lines, about the same things, and in the same Name as the Holy Spirit" (J. Oswald Sanders, 1997). When we are students of the Bible, we have at hand a wealth of words and phrases that can form our prayers when we do not know what to say. Even in our wordless pleading, the Lord is hearing us. 

"Holy Spirit, walk into our lives and alongside of us. Minister to our intimate, personal needs, the pangs of the heart, the deep yearnings known only to you, the bottled up pain. Please grant fulfillment to our desires according to your will. Amen."

Insight: "Hear my prayer, O LORD; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress." (Psalm 102:1-2a)

Michael D. Inman

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:37 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Praying Out Loud

Praying Out Loud

"I, go about your altar, LORD, proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of all your wonderful deeds."   Psalm 26:6-7

Scripture Focus: Luke 18:9-14

It's a privilege to offer up our silent prayers at any time. But praying aloud is something you may want to do also. It's not a rule; it's just another way to be real in prayer. Speaking your words out loud may keep you from getting lost in your own thoughts. 

Jesus never wanted prayer to become a showy thing. He tells the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector in Luke 18 about two men who both were praying out loud. He goes on to encourage us to pray in privacy, alone. Pray this prayer aloud today: 

"Spirit of the living God, walk through our lives and minister to our personal needs. We ourselves hardly know the secret motives of our own lives, and we are so busy we seldom meet them face to face. Enter into the inward, private, untrodden recesses and the hidden corners of our souls where we often banish you. Listen as we speak aloud to you, the one who hears us. 

Companion of the companionless; inner resource of strength, comfort, and fortitude; deep well from which the living waters rise, be with us today. Amen."

Insight: "I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more." (C.S. Lewis, 1959)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 21:37

Feb 15, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Prayer of Imprecation

Prayer of Imprecation

"All my enemies are before you,. Pour out your wrath on them; let your fierce anger overtake them,. May your salvation, O God, protect me."   Psalm 69:19, 24, 29

Scripture Focus: Psalm 69:19-36

Each of us believers was once an enemy of God but now stands redeemed in Jesus. We also have been called to love our neighbors and pray for those who persecute us. So we may wonder what to make of prayers found in the psalms which call out for God's judgment on enemies. We take many of the psalms as patterns for our own prayers, so should Scripture passages like Psalm 58, 69, or 109 inform our prayers, too? The short answer is yes. 

While most of the psalmists' words are not imprecatory, the psalms that do pray against evil are uttered out of weakness and a realization that God is the only source of perfectly righteous judgment. God hates evil; so should we. 

When we pray for evil to be stopped, we are asking that God's kingdom come. Because we have put our faith in the One who came to this earth to conquer sin once and for all, we know that evil does not get the last word. 

Jesus does. He told His followers to be wise as serpents and innocent as doves (Matthew 10:16), so we bring those truths into our prayers as well.

Insight: "Father, let your wrath come down on evil. We pray for your justice on those who-in their delusion of what is right-have taken the lives of your people."

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Feb 2022 - 21:57

Feb 14, 2022 at 12:05 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Prayer of Intercession

Prayer of Intercession

"And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, that I may proclaim it clearly."   Colossians 4:3-4

Scripture Focus: 1Samuel 12:19-25

Start by praying the words below written by an author and pastor in Franklin, Tennessee, Scotty Smith. Then add your own words of intercession for loved ones, missionaries, and those in authority over you. 

"Dear Lord Jesus, I stand convicted about how sporadic my prayer life has been of late on behalf of servants of the gospel. Unfortunately, it's often a case of 'out of sight, out of mind,' and therefore off the radar screen of prayer. That's not an excuse but a lament and confession of sin. 

"My great consolation is in knowing that no one is more watchful and devoted to prayer than you, Lord Jesus. You're always praying for us; indeed, you never stop. In fact, you pray faithfully and joyfully for us what we'd pray for ourselves, if we knew what you knew! 

"Because you pray, we can pray with confidence. I'm so grateful for your steadfast, vigilant intercession, especially in light of my own brokenness and need of your loving care. Sometimes my own weakness is the best motivation and fuel for praying for others."

Insight: "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone." (1 Timothy 2:1)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 8 Feb 2022 - 22:49

Feb 8, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Prayer of Confession

Prayer of Confession

"As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him."   Psalm 103:12-13

Scripture Focus: 1John 5:1-10

"Heavenly Father, because of your all–seeing eye, we cannot escape from you, as you see the multitude of sins within us. Help us to face them with honesty and keep us from weak excuses. 

"Forgive us our hindering sins like our pride expressed in bitterness and rage, our impatience, our coldness of heart, our unrestrained anger and hatred, our self-dependence, our boasting, our harmful and unkind tongue, our lifelong lies, our deeply-ingrained attitude of superiority and contempt for others, our unending family strife, our prejudices.whether racial, religious, or educational. 

"Grant us your forgiveness and pardon for all the wrongs and hurts we have done to others that have torn our lives apart. Draw us together into unity and create a kindred spirit among us. Allow our broken relationships be restored to their former sweet fellowship, and may we live peaceably during our remaining days on earth. 

Spirit of God, lift our hearts and encourage us to walk worthy of the calling you have given us. In Jesus' name, Amen."

Insight: "When we embrace the finished work of Christ, when we place our hope in Him, all our sins, past, present and future are forgiven." (R.C. Sproul, 2013)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 7 Feb 2022 - 22:01

Feb 7, 2022 at 1:17 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Prayer of and for Worship

Prayer of and for Worship

"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care."   Psalm 95:6-7

Scripture Focus: 1Timothy 2:1-8

Paul's first letter to Timothy in the Bible gives instructions about worship. It is a given at the outset that prayer is a part of worship. Pray the following prayer as you come to worship your God and Savior who wants us all "to lift up holy hands in prayer" (2:8). 

"Lord, we step away from the world of computers, cell phones, televisions, movies, and books that consume so much of our lives. We break from things that we can see, handle, and hear so that we might now turn to you, our Eternal God, the Unseen One, whom we cannot see, touch, or hear. 

"Lord, you must be inwardly felt and spiritually known even as your spirit moves in us. Please give us a quiet mind and a clear conscience that we may come in reverence to worship before your presence. We invite you to cross over the thresholds of our heart and make there a secure sanctuary of worship. 

Thank you that we are called blessed and happy people because we have not seen you, yet we still believe. And so, Father, make our joy satisfying and our faith complete. Amen."

INSIGHT: 

"Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays." (Soren Kierkegaard, 1813-1855)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 2 Feb 2022 - 0:00

Jan 31, 2022 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Communal Prayer

Communal Prayer

"They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer."   Acts 2:42

Scripture Focus: Revelation 19:1-7

Communal prayer is when we pray together. God's people from Genesis (4:26) to Revelation (8:3-5) have been praying together. From the book of Acts, we find those in the early church almost always praying collectively: in the temple and in their homes, when they were sick and when they were filled with the Spirit, at mealtimes and in times of persecution. Corporately, they devoted themselves to prayer. 

Whenever you are able, pray together with others. Your age, your gender, or your ability do not matter. Let prayer undergird the projects your church is undertaking. Learn from the words you hear others pray. Pray for those near and far. 

"We now turn to those who have left home and serve you in foreign countries, translating the Bible to the language of local people, starting house churches, teaching in universities. Guide them as they share with those who have never heard the gospel. May their work be blessed by the Spirit who opens the Word to them. 

Give us all wisdom as we share Jesus with our families and neighbors."

Insight: No matter who you are, join together in prayer. "The prayers of the meanest saints may be useful to the greatest apostle." (John Owen, 1616-1683)

Michael D. Inman

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:43 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Prayer of Request

Prayer of Request

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."   Philippians 4:6

Scripture Focus: Matthew 7:7-12

Think of times when you've put in a request for something. Maybe you were asking for a raise at work, or for something to be repaired at your apartment, or for a refund from a medical bill. You waited and waited, wondering if anyone would read your request or if they would ever get back to you at all. 

We bring our supplications and petitions to the God of all creation who hears us instantly. Our heavenly Father truly loves us and has our best interests in mind without fail. "If He is all-wise, then He's not going to do everything I want because I don't know what I need" (Paul Miller, A Praying Life, 2009). But God does know. 

"Lord who has created us in your image, we ask for health and vigor, love and care of home, for joys of friendship, gifts of happiness and strength, preserving mercies and protection through life, for healing in sickness, deliverance in danger, your voice in our conscience, your law in our mind, your love revealed in our affections, comfort in sorrow, and wisdom to face each new day. Amen."

Insight: Prayer has got to be the world's best wireless connection. The reception is 100% at all times and in all locations!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next