World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 11:22 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Admin

» Why Does Gaza Appear in This Antique Hebrew Scroll?
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
God's Signal EmptyYesterday at 5:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
God's Signal EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» Israel Bible
God's Signal EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:06 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
God's Signal EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:21 pm by Admin

» Trinity College Dublin loose cash
God's Signal EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
God's Signal EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
God's Signal EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 3:32 pm by Admin

» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
God's Signal EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
God's Signal EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
God's Signal EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 6:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

God's Signal

Go down

God's Signal Empty God's Signal

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

God's Signal

Suggested Bible Reading
When Saul returned from following the Philistines, he was told, "David is in the wilderness of En-gedi." Then Saul took three thousand chosen men out of all Israel, and went to look for David and his men in the direction of the Rocks of the Wild Goats. He came to the sheepfolds beside the road, where there was a cave; and Saul went in to relieve himself. Now David and his men were sitting in the innermost parts of the cave. The men of David said to him, "Here is the day of which the LORD said to you, 'I will give your enemy into your hand, and you shall do to him as it seems good to you.'" Then David went and stealthily cut off a corner of Saul's cloak. Afterward David was stricken to the heart because he had cut off a corner of Saul's cloak. He said to his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my lord, the LORD's anointed, to raise my hand against him; for he is the LORD's anointed." So David scolded his men severely and did not permit them to attack Saul. Then Saul got up and left the cave, and went on his way.
Afterwards David also rose up and went out of the cave and called after Saul, "My lord the king!" When Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the ground, and did obeisance. David said to Saul, "Why do you listen to the words of those who say, 'David seeks to do you harm'? This very day your eyes have seen how the LORD gave you into my hand in the cave; and some urged me to kill you, but I spared you. I said, 'I will not raise my hand against my lord; for he is the LORD's anointed.'
-1 Samuel 24:1-10 (NRSV)

Today's Scripture
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!-Psalm 27:14 (NRSV)

WE were going through tough times; problems seemed to surface everywhere. Taking a Christian stand daily in the workplace was difficult. Threatening telephone calls became routine; and then our car was set on fire. Our family and friends suggested that we ask for a transfer to a safer place because our lives were at risk. However, we were aware that God had led us to this difficult place. We placed the matter before God, seeking direction.

In today's reading, we see that David had a good opportunity to kill King Saul. But David did not kill the king because he knew that Saul was God's anointed one, and David hoped that God would bring an end to the misery he experienced at Saul's hands. David did not do anything to move toward becoming king. Instead, he waited patiently for God to act.

David became our model. As time passed, the threatening calls became fewer and finally stopped altogether. The thought of moving also slowly dimmed. The situation returned to almost normal, and after two years we were transferred to another hospital far away. We knew the transfer was God's signal for us to move on, and we did so. We were filled with praise for God because our new setting was beautiful and the change proved good for us both physically and spiritually.
Pramila Barkataki (Maharashtra, India)

Prayer
Dear Lord, thank you for your wonderful love. In times of persecution, help us to trust you for strength and courage. Amen.

Thought for the Day
When we know we're obeying God, we can endure whatever comes at us.

Prayer Focus
Persecuted Christians
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down