World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 11:22 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Admin

» Why Does Gaza Appear in This Antique Hebrew Scroll?
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyYesterday at 5:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» Israel Bible
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:06 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:21 pm by Admin

» Trinity College Dublin loose cash
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 3:32 pm by Admin

» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 6:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day

Go down

Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day Empty Mike Pence honors hero dad on Veteran’s Day

Post  Admin Mon 13 Nov 2017, 11:54 pm

November 12, 2017
https://www.conservativeinstitute.org/conservative-news/mike-pence-burden-war.htm
mark reinstein / Shutterstock.com
In a speech at Arlington National Cemetery in Arlington, Virginia, on Saturday, Vice President Mike Pence shared a message that was equally inspiring and heartbreaking.

“I’ve never experienced the cost of war on the battlefield, or had to endure the hardship of time away from home and family that come with service, even in peacetime. But I’ve seen enough to know the burden our veterans bear is oftentimes a burden that lives far beyond your time in uniform,” Pence said, referring to his father, who he said never fully recovered from his time in the U.S. Army.

Son of a soldier
Pence tells the story:

Sixty-four years ago my dad served in combat in Korea. Second Lieutenant Edward J. Pence was in the U.S. Army, 45th Infantry. He fought in the battle of Old Baldy and Pork Chop Hill, and he earned a bronze star for his courage under fire.
But according to Pence, he didn’t learn that from his father. It was his cousin who shared the truth about the elder Pence:

Dad never talked about the war, and that medal stayed in his dresser drawer. A few years after he died, I was visiting a cousin that he grew up with on the streets of Chicago, and he told me that the war had changed my dad. When I asked him how, he said, “You know, before the war, your dad was the most happy-go-lucky guy I ever met.” But he said after he came back he was different.

He said, and I quote, “I don’t think your dad ever got over the guilt of comin’ home.”
Hidden guilt
Suddenly, everything he knew about his father made sense, Pence said. He continued:

In those words, in an instant, I understood every unfinished sentence, every faraway look on my father’s face whenever the war came up. If he talked about it at all, he talked about the guys he served with — guys who didn’t get to come home, to marry their sweetheart, raise a house full of kids, live their dreams and see their children’s children.
“That’s when I understood the quiet cost of freedom,” Pence revealed to the crowd, “and the burden so many of our veterans bear in their hearts.”
He continued by speaking directly to the nation’s veterans.

He said:

So to all our veterans looking on, know this: We’re with you. You do not carry that burden alone. As a nation, we stand ready to help you shoulder that load, with the compassion, support and prayers of the American people. You were there for us. Now we are here for you.
Watch the vice president’s full speech here:

A morning of service
Prior to speaking during Arlington’s annual wreath-laying ceremony, Pence joined about 40 volunteers to scrub the dirt and grime off the granite Vietnam Veteran’s War Memorial.

His dedication to honoring the fallen heroes was evident as he worked nonstop in the cold early morning hours for about 40 minutes, dressed in casual jeans and boots.

Although he never wore the uniform, the vice president exhibited Saturday that he understands the hardships experienced by our veterans. With that, we can be assured that he’ll do everything in his power to take care of our heroes after they return home.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down