World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 11:22 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Admin

» Why Does Gaza Appear in This Antique Hebrew Scroll?
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyYesterday at 5:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» Israel Bible
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:06 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:21 pm by Admin

» Trinity College Dublin loose cash
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 3:32 pm by Admin

» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 6:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Christian voices Cup O’Cheer

Go down

Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  Empty Re: Christian voices Cup O’Cheer

Post  Admin Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:20 am

Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  Worshi10

THEY AREN’T INTERESTED

(Gregg Potts is a pastor between churches. He shares some of what he’s learned while not serving actively as a pastor.)

I've been out of the church for several months now. I would not have chosen this experience but God has taught and continues to teach me things that have given me a new perspective on church.

Christians, the unchurched and the hurting in the world are not interested in how well you're dressed on Sunday.

They aren't interested in what you did socially during the week. They aren't interested in what your next vacation is going to be.

Pastor, they aren't interested in how well we tell that story or recite that poem. And I confess I'm guilty there.

Worship leader, they aren't interested in how well the lights look or how good the sound is mixed.

What they are interested in is, "do you care about me?" We believe Jesus is the answer to all men's problems and He is.   OK how does Jesus help the marriage that's almost done?  How does Jesus help the person who's broke pay their bills?
Sometimes they need more than "God bless you.

We need to lift up Jesus and let Jesus use us to hug people, help people and cry with people. And, once someone receives Christ, don't drop them like a hot potato but walk with them and help them to learn what it means to live the Christian life.

God help us, help me, do better.

….. Cup O’Cheer (cheer316kim@sc.rr.com) and Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  Empty Christian voices Cup O’Cheer

Post  Admin Wed 28 Mar 2018, 11:16 am

Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  John_310

“So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord…” 2 Timothy 1:8 NIV

“All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy: 3:16 NIV

“Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke
and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction.”   2 Timothy 4:2 NIV

When my son was growing up, I was constantly in church teaching programs for children, sometimes two or three at once.  I always prepared, and I always loved the children, but sometimes situations were not favorable to inspired teaching. Young children have short attention spans, and some have difficulty with ideas and learning. Thankfully, children’s materials allow for this possibility, including simple Bible stories, activities, crafts, and even games to illustrate
the teaching.

While I enjoyed teaching, I was not always certain of the effectiveness of what I did or was doing.  Another teacher, with
Bible college training and much experience always encouraged her teacher friends.  She pointed out that we should not be anxious about outcomes but “sow the seed” of the Bible Word and trust the Lord for outcomes (that is, for the harvest).  As I considered her words, I began to let go of worry, relax, and just simply enjoy the teaching experience.  Letting go of possible negative self-evaluation was also liberating.  I tried to keep my focus on Jesus and my love for the children.

Fear of failure, of embarrassment, of ineffectiveness can be the blockage of an attempt to share the Gospel or reach out to others with the good news of Jesus.  Still later reading and Bible study emphasized for me the idea that Scripture is effective in and of itself.  Even if we are not the most supremely eloquent or dynamic, the Bible truth can stand on its own, with simple, sincere sharing by one person to another.  The power of the Holy Spirit working through the Word brings positive outcomes that we might never anticipate.

God enables and blesses us with the power to make a difference in the lives of others if we rely on Him and His Word.  Conscientious preparation and love of others go a long way in helping us to “gift” others with God’s Word.  There are so many ways to share that each of us should be able to find an appropriate way for our personality and style.  So say a prayer, relax, and share the love of Jesus with someone today. 

…..Cup O’Cheer (cheer316kim@sc.rr.com) by way of Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)

Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  Attomb10
Christian voices Cup O’Cheer  Angel_10

HEARING BUT NOT UNDERSTANDING

They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.  John 20:9

Hearing has never been a problem for me.  Understanding has.  For example, as a child, I heard that Jesus loved me but I did not understand the ramifications of that until midlife.  I heard that Jesus was powerful enough to perform miracles, leaving his spectators openmouthed, yet I didn't understand that he might perform one for me.  I heard that Jesus was forgiving but I believed a few of my sins disqualified me.  These truths weren't mine.  I didn't claim them as mine.

I have since concluded that my greatest need is to take the truth and make it mine, personally.  I know too much.  I experience too little.  I can be saturated with information, while my heart shrivels from lack of application.

Jesus told his disciples repeatedly that he would die and three days later rise again.  Yet when Peter and John found the empty grave, they were stunned. Why?  Hadn't they been told?  John relates the reason: "They did not understand."  They had heard the words but had failed to internalize them into their experience.

What keeps my faith purely intellectual?  Maybe I'm afraid to believe good news.  That I'm valuable to God.  That He longs for a relationship with me.  That fairy-tale love really does exist.  That I matter.  That I was created to house the glory of God.  What if I'm wrong?  Won't the despair be overwhelming?

What truth have you heard but still don't understand?  What hasn't penetrated your heart yet?  Can you find one today - just one - on this Good Friday?  Jesus' sacrifice was meant to completely sanctify us to such an extent that our entire belief system would be saturated with the good news of the Gospel.  It takes guts to believe - but God is up to the task of giving us faith beyond ourselves.

Expose any pockets of unbelief and give me courage to make every Word of Yours my own.  In Jesus name, Amen

…..as seen in Daughter s of Promise by way of Cup O’Cheer (cheer316kim@sc.rr.com) and Christian Voices (christianvoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down