World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Haggadah Passover
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust

Go down

Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust Empty Psalm 91 The Beauty to Trust

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jun 2023, 2:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jmS47vWRQ

Psalm 91
1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

What Is the Meaning of Psalm 91?
Psalm 91 is about a trusting and faithful person who affirms his status as safe and secure even during a tie of calamity and distress. This is because this righteous person is protected by God above, who provides shelter, shadow, refuge, and more.

It begins with the reassuring reminder that “whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust’” (Psalm 91:1-2).

Then the psalm explains that God covers those who genuinely trust in Him “with his feathers, and under his wings” (v. 4).

Nothing can touch this trusting soul, not arrows or pestilence or terror or plague. All around him, others will fall, but he will not, for God is his “shied and rampart” (v. 4).

Likewise, the psalm assures us, we can have this same sort of protection if we trust in the Lord. The angels will lift us up in their hands, and we will trample the lion and serpent.

As Psalm 91:9-10 assures, “If you say, ‘The Lord is my refuge,’ and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent.”

The psalm ends with God affirming all of this, promising, “‘Because he loves me,’ says the Lord, ‘I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation’” (Psalm 91:14-16).

Bottom line: God will protect and shield all those who truly trust in Him.

Why Is Psalm 91 So Popular?
It’s no surprise that Psalm 91 is so popular. Not only is it a reassurance of protection for those who love and put their faith in God, but it’s a direct promise from God for all who do the same: I will be with him. I will deliver him.

In a world plagued by so many difficulties, it is heartening and encouraging to have these assurances.

You are not alone, the psalm is saying. All around you, things look dire, but take heart — it will be okay, for God is holding you close.

It’s perhaps the same reason so many people cling to Jesus’ promises to his disciples in the Gospel of John.

As he says in John 14:27, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”

And later, in John 16:33, he says, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Have peace. Take heart. Don’t worry.

All of these comforting sentiments are like a balm to the Christian tossed upon the waters of a turbulent sea, terrified as difficulties overcome so many.

Everything will be better than okay — it will be good, and right, and beautiful, for God Almighty, God the “Most High,” is handling our situation.

It’s the same sentiment God expressed to Joshua upon entering the Promised Land: “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

Why Pray Psalm 91?
Indeed, many Christians utter the words of Psalm 91 as a direct prayer to God during times of despair. Bereft of their own words, they speak these words of comfort both as a plea and as a way to instill confidence in God’s direct and intentional promise to His people.

Imagine you are huddled in a war-torn nation, fearing for your life. Then a whisper begins in your heart: the Lord is my refuge. The Lord is my fortress.

Imagine your loved one has been in an accident, and you are terrified. Imagine the enemy, Satan, is attacking you with spiritual warfare or bombarding you with strife and temptation.

In times like these, there is nothing you can do but put your hope and faith in the Lord, calling out to the Alpha and the Omega, the king of the universe, to shelter you and keep you safe.

Does Psalm 91 Only Promise Physical Protection?
Psalm 91 is a promise of all kinds of divine protection from the Lord. Not only will God over us with his feather and shield us physically, but he’ll rescue us. Further, God will send us supernatural aid in the form of angels to help us prevail. He also promises salvation and eternal life for those of us who believe in him.

Is Psalm 91 Mentioned Elsewhere in Scripture?
Jesus references the psalm in Luke 10:19, telling his disciples, “I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.” The devil also uses elements of this psalm in his attempts to sway Jesus in the wilderness (Luke 4:9-11).

Of course, Jesus countered that manipulative attempt with another truth from Scripture: “Do not put the Lord your God to the test” (Deuteronomy 6:16).

If you are experiencing difficulty or find yourself in fear, perhaps Psalm 91 will speak to your heart, helping you remember what we all can trust in: God is with us, God takes care of us, and God will prevail.

All we need to do is believe and put our faith in Him.

Thanks be to God!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down