World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 3:45 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:01 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D.

Go down

DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D. Empty DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT~Franklin D. Coleman, D.D.

Post  Admin Sun 03 Jul 2011, 11:45 am

DON'T GO BACK TO EGYPT
And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat? We remember the fish, which we did eat in Egypt freely; the cucumbers, and the melons, and the leeks, and the onions, and the garlic:
Numbers 11:4-5
The exodus of the children of Israel from Egypt (the land of their captivity) to the Promised Land parallels our translation from the kingdom or domain of darkness into the Kingdom of God's dear Son. It typifies our coming out of darkness into our inheritance in Christ. However, the opening scripture shows us that back then, as the Israelites journeyed out of Egypt, some of them lusted after the things of Egypt; according to the Bible, they went back to Egypt in their hearts (Acts 7:39).Suddenly, they remembered the fish, cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic-all the juicy fruits they had in Egypt; the spices and the dainties. Thus many of them turned to Moses, grumbling about the "hard life" he had brought them to in the desert.
That's just like the guy who's born again and remembers his life as an unbeliever; the parties he used to attend, the false pleasure of alcohol, cigarettes, and then begins to lust after those things again. He wishes he could incorporate those habits into his new life in Christ! He wishes he could somehow mix things up. Such things grieve the Spirit. Having come to Christ, don't go back to Egypt in your heart! Don't lust after the things of the flesh. Remember that though you're in the world, you're not of the world; Jesus has called you out of the world (John 17:16). You're a new creation; a totally new person in the spirit. Your mind may still remember the old life you used to live and that's why the Bible says "Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind" (Romans 12:2 GNB).
Now that you have come to Christ, there can be no cause for regrets. Nothing in this world is worth going after or lusting over, compared to the glorious life, unsearchable riches, and incorruptible inheritance you have in Christ. Set your affection on the Lord and follow Him with all your heart. Don't go back to Egypt in your heart. Jesus said "No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God"
(Luke 9:62).
Confession
I'm a new creation in Christ Jesus, and I have the life of God in me. Old things in my life have passed away and all things have become new. I was buried with Christ by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, I also have been raised into a newness of life!
DO YOU AGREE WITH THIS DECLARATION? Then receive it today and your life will never remain the same again in Jesus name.
WERE YOU BLESSED BY THIS MESSAGE? Please let me know by writing me and sharing your testimony/praise reports.
Peace be unto you.
Sincerely,
Franklin D. Coleman, D.D.
Path Of Life Ministries
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down