World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 11:24 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:06 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 12:53 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Admin

» Buried Facts About The Gaza War
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 11:33 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:26 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 EmptyThu 16 May 2024, 11:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Thu 04 Jan 2018, 12:08 pm

Date: January 4, 2018 at 2:28 AM

Topic: +DEV+ Hope for the Future

Hope for the Future

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control," Philippians 3:20-21a

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3

I've tried to understand the appeal of many reality TV shows. They supposedly give us a glimpse into someone else's "actual" home life. Do they really? Even when they are not scripted and staged, I struggle to find the hope or meaningful truth in this selective reality.

However, there is a vision of another reality that holds out both hope and wonder for me, and that is of my true home in heaven. I caught a glimpse of it in the passing of my father on Christmas Day, knowing that heaven's joys are now his present reality. I see a sneak peek into my future family life when I view church siblings, unscripted and unstaged, sacrificially caring for each other with the love of Christ. I experience the preview for heaven's choir when I raise my voice with others in hymns that lift Jesus high.
"I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find until after death, I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and help others to do the same" (C.S. Lewis).

Insight: Helping others to glimpse their future reality in heaven is the gift of true hope we can hold out to one another here and now.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 11 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Wed 03 Jan 2018, 12:41 am

Date: January 1, 2018 at 9:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Harvest

The Harvest

"Then he said to his disciples, 'The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field'" (Matthew 9:37-38).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 9:35-38

The beginning of the New Year is always a time of renewal and resolution. For me it's a reminder of a spiritual field ripe for harvest...many are waiting to hear and accept Jesus and His love. First century Christians were consumed with thoughts of the harvest and exhibited an intense passion for Christ and for serving Him with their lives. What is it that consumes Christians today? Probably not bringing our neighbors the news of the gospel. The fields are still ripe, but the granaries are yet to be filled. And there is no absence of harvesting equipment: churches, radio, literature, missions that span the world. Yet, while we focus on bigger buildings and even more dollars to build them, it would seem that the very cutting blades of Christendom are either missing or are so dull that little is being harvested.

Let our prayer be that in this world - confused and tormented as it is - we experience a freshness of God's wind and fire to strengthen and energize us, and to bring many people to the Savior.

Insight: In Our Highly Competitive Culture, We Christians Must Stand Out With A Positive Influence That Comes From Being Fully Devoted Followers Of Christ.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:52 pm

Date: January 1, 2018 at 1:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+  New Year's Eve Prayer

New Year's Eve Prayer

“The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. . . . May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance” (2 Thessalonians 3:3, 5). 
Scripture Focus:2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

The apostle Paul tucked an exquisite jewel into his letter to the Thessalonians believers.  They faced uncertainty and persecution, but Paul prayed, “May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love.” What a wonderful New Year's Eve prayer! 

Are you anxious about what the coming months of the new year will hold? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Were you wounded from the events of this past year? Are you still suffering the pain? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Have you lost a loved one?  Does loneliness hang like a cloud over even the brightest days?  Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Are you thankful for the goodness and mercy the Lord has shown you this year? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Do you long to serve Him more faithfully in the new year? Do you desire to share His love with others more effectively in the coming months? Direct your heart into the love of God. 

Insight: Praise God for the glorious night so long ago when love came down from heaven. 

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Dec 2017, 9:46 pm

Just a note to all my subscribers; 

On Dec 25th at approximately 1:00PM my dad Phillip Inman Passed away He was 86 years young. His 3 Children Deborah Reece, Carrie Inman and Michael Inman Survive him. He will be missed, but he is in Heaven with Mom who left us more than 20 years ago. I am sure they are together now in each others arms at the feet of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We will some day join them via death or rapture of the Church. As I used to say when we finished a phone call:  Here, There, or in the air! What a reunion that will be!

Date: December 27, 2017 at 9:10 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Do You Believe

Do You Believe

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me ... to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor..." (Isaiah 61:1-2)

Scripture Focus: Luke 4:14-30

Sometimes the unexpected surprises us so much that we doubt our senses. The dead Marley appeared to A Christmas Carol's Scrooge in both sight and sound, but Scrooge refused to believe. So he said to the spirit, "There's more gravy than of grave about you." Truthfully, Marley's spirit grasped what life is about better than Scrooge did. Finally, Scrooge acknowledged the visitor and gained a transformed life from what 
he learned. 

God told His people throughout history that He had a plan to save them. The prophet Isaiah described the coming Savior in detail. Yet when He actually appeared, they could not see the reality of who Jesus was. They were somewhat like Scrooge, seeing in Jesus more of "Joseph's son" than of the long-awaited Messiah. Although some spoke well of Him, the thought of this man, whom they watched grow up, truly being the Messiah was unthinkable. Their reasoning took over; they doubted, resisted the Spirit, and missed God's wondrous blessing. We have no reason to doubt - Jesus is Who He says He is!

Insight: Transformation is available for each of us through Christ. The Savior's birth is truth!

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Dec 2017, 4:15 pm

Rev. Michael D. Inman 

Dec 26 at 5:29 AM

Date: December 26, 2017 at 3:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Creation's Message

Creation's Message

"How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures... May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works."  (Psalm 104:24, 31)
Scripture Focus: Genesis 1;  Colossians 1:15-20

From the beginning of time God has communicated through creation. Just look at what it shouts to us about Him: the planets in perfect alignment; the earth, perfectly fitted and tilted on its axis; the sun, not too far and not too close; the natural cycle of water; predictable seasons and profuse variety of plant life; the animal world in its complexity of balance and form. What message does such a magnificent creation give about its Creator? That He is perfection in every way - in knowledge, skill, care, and character. Not once has spring followed summer or the earth tipped off its axis. Creation came from God's perfect knowledge and skill and is sustained through His perfect care. 

Scripture also tells us that God's Son was intimately involved in our creation, that "by Him all things were created," and that “He is before all things and in Him all things hold together" (Colossians 1:16-17). The same Jesus who came to earth as a tiny baby was with the Father in the creation of this world and of you. Let's delight in the wonder of that throughout this Christmas season.

Insight: We Think Of Jesus Being Born In Bethlehem, But He Is The "Firstborn Over All Creation" - The Very One Who Created And For Whom Creation Was Made

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm

Date: December 25, 2017 at 1:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Christmas Scrooge

Christmas Scrooge

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

Scripture Focus: Luke 2:8-20

When our children were young, we enjoyed reading books aloud as a family. Charles Dickens'A Christmas Carol was one of our Christmas favorites. We'd marvel at the incredible change taking place in Mr. Scrooge as his heart was softened by the visiting spirit. While he was shown visions of his past, the reality of his life now, and what would happen in a future without change, Scrooge went from "bah humbug" to "A Merry Christmas" in one night! 

In one night 2,000 years ago, some shepherds experienced a great change as well. They were just minding their flocks when first one angel appeared, and then a whole multitude gave the great news that the long-awaited Savior had been born! 

The Dickens novel is great, but Christmas is really more than an entertaining story; it is THE story of God visiting earth through the birth of Jesus. He spent more than one night here, giving His whole life to change our hearts from the inside out. As you celebrate His visit, may your heart be transformed by His love and grace.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Dec 2017, 1:04 am

Date: December 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Celebrate

Celebrate

"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118: 24)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 118:15-29

The day before Christmas, and all

through our home

There's excitement and wonder for

festivities to come.

We can bide our time and anticipate, 

or use each day to celebrate! 

Celebration brings to mind the observation of a special event. It can also mean "to praise widely." In our relationship with the Lord, praising Him widely is exactly what the psalmist of today's verse means for daily life. Celebrations - something God Himself instituted back in the Old Testament - are important for remembering special occasions. But we can be celebrating our Lord every day! 

On Christmas Eve when our children would bide their time until the church service was over and gift opening time approached, they needed to be reminded to make use of the day. This reminder is relevant to us today. As we wait for the big day - a time the Lord intends for us to rejoice in as the angels did - we can, make the most of the day while it is still called "today." This would be the perfect time to rejoice in the Lord and be glad in His saving grace!

Insight: When you have time, don't just wait; use it to celebrate!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Dec 2017, 12:30 am

Michael D. Inman 

Dec 21 at 6:20 AM

Date: December 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Gifts: Gold, Incense, Myrrh

Gifts: Gold, Incense, Myrrh

"On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts" (Matthew 2:11).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 2:11-15

The wise men came in grandeur with treasures of considerable value for the new King. Their gifts - presented with joy and gratitude - were extravagant, and must have seemed greatly
so to Mary and Joseph living in impoverished Bethlehem. Still these offerings were small compared to the gift God had given. 

Gold would be a standard gift for a king. Frankincense would have been used by a priest. Both of these deeply associated the little tot, Jesus, with being a king and a priest. Myrrh was an expensive spice used for embalming the dead. This priest would grow up not to offer the daily sacrifices but to give His own life once and for all as the ultimate sacrifice. The significance of these presents was immense. Mary and Joseph must have marveled. 

The wise men did not deviate from their quest for the King. Mary and Joseph also were not sidetracked by ideas of royalty embedded in the gifts they received. We must guard ourselves as well so that the glitter of Christmas does not cause us to miss the child born to be the Savior of the world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Dec 2017, 9:59 pm

Michael D. Inman 

Dec 19 at 8:18 AM

Date: December 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Snow in December

Snow in December

"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:7).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 51:1-12

I don't know if there is anything more beautiful in the world than a farm after a December snowfall. With only the fence posts and the buildings showing, the entire farm is under a beautiful, pure white blanket. It is awesome, something many have seen only on a calendar.

When David was confronted with his sins, he cried out in the 51st Psalm, "Wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Christ forgives us and makes us absolutely clean. We stand before him now-not just a calendar photo, but the real thing-as white as the newly fallen snow. 

There are no sins that Christ cannot forgive. His suffering and death paid the price for all of our wrongdoing. When we confess our sins and ask Christ into our lives, His blood washes away our guilt. And when God the Father looks at us, He only sees Christ's covering. Everything is forgiven. 

Snow in December sparkles in the moonlight. Blood-washed saints of God sparkle every day, bringing light into a world of great darkness.

Insight: Thank God for His forgiveness. His mercies are new every morning, and great is His faithfulness.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm

Date: December 15, 2017 at 1:51 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Fruit from Affliction

Fruit from Affliction 

“After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you” (1 Peter 5:10, NASB). 

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 5

God promises fruit from affliction. Often we may not be aware of just how God is using difficulties for good in our lives. Notice how Peter describes how God will use these times: 

First, God is perfecting us. This means He is fitting us properly into His place and His mold for our lives. Though we may not understand what He has in mind for us, we can trust Him to properly adjust us and fit us into His good plan and purpose. He can use even the most painful experience to bring glory to Himself.

Second, He will confirm us. This means God will ground us, fix us firmly on Himself, or cement us on our solid foundation.

Third, He will strengthen us. Here, I believe, is physical strengthening more than anything else. Many have suffered and yet show evidence of God-given power to endure.

Fourth, God will establish us. Here He simply settles us down. We need this inner calmness and stability, especially in time of suffering.

Insight: Praise God for working in your life to work out His good purpose for you - even in a time of suffering. 

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Dec 2017, 1:40 pm

Rev. Michael D. Inman

Dec 13 at 3:25 AM

Date: December 12, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Adequate Comfort

God's Adequate Comfort

“Who comforts us in all our affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2 Corinthians 1:4, NASB).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1:1-7

Four times in today's verse we have some form of the word “comfort.” In fact, if you were to underline every time that word is used in the chapter, you would begin to see what God wants us to understand about His comfort.

The apostle Paul acknowledges that we will have affliction or emotional stress, but God reminds us that He is our adequacy for every emotional need. He brings comfort when no one else can.

His comfort is for good reason. He expects that we will learn from it and then reach out to others who need to experience His comfort. Our suffering, while difficult to go through, can be a useful learning experience. We, in turn, can offer with tender authority to others that we have “been there” and have experienced personally the adequacy of God's comfort for the stresses in our lives.

As much as we need to be faithful in passing on the love of Christ through salvation, we also need to pass on the comfort of God to those who are afflicted.

Insight: Thank God for His provision of comfort for you personally. Ask Him to help you pass on this encouragement today to others who are in need.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Dec 2017, 10:24 pm

Michael D. Inman

Dec 12 at 6:51 AM

Date: December 12, 2017 at 12:48 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Delight in God's Consolations

Delight in God's Consolations

“When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Thy consolations delight my soul.” (Psalm 94:19, NASB)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 94:17-19

Unknown to anyone, I was worrying about a decision I had to make. I had prayed about it and was trusting in the Lord about it - to a point. While sitting at my desk that morning, I received a call from one of God's special servants to me. In the course of our conversation, my friend said, “I was reading my Bible this morning and found this verse.” He read to me today's key verse and went on to say, “I thought I'd call and offer it to you. I trust the Lord will use it in your life today.”

What an impact that Scripture has had in my life! I have often shared it with others when they have been confronted by worry and fear.

God knows us so well. He knows that when fear and worry strike, it is multiplied in our hearts. For every “anxious thought” He provides a special consolation. In fact, if we let Him, His consolations “delight” our souls. Even while we are experiencing the uncertainty of life, the complex anxieties, the hurt and pain, God specializes in offering us comfort and delight through His consolations.

Insight: Take a moment and list your anxious thoughts today. Then write Psalm 94:19 over them. Accept the comfort and joy God has in store for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:04 pm

Date: December 11, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+. The God of All Comfort

The God of All Comfort

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles”(2 Corinthians 1:3-4).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1

I stood by parents who had just been told that their baby wouldn't live. As we sat quietly and prayed, I was aware that I was unprepared for those “right” words the parents needed to hear.

When we left the hospital I asked if I could talk further with them. That evening, as we sat in their home and talked about both life and death, we each sensed the need for God's comfort.

As I prepared for these moments, today’s key verse stood out to me. I had known God as the Father of comfort, but now I asked Him to be to each of us our God of comfort - of all comfort. We could go nowhere else. That evening we focused on the verse as we prayed together. By the way, the baby lived. God worked through a miracle, and His comfort is cherished by that family today more than ever.

God our Father is the source of encouragement and consolation for all believers under all circumstances. If you are His child, you can fully rely on Him. Open your heart to receive His comfort.

Insight: Whatever test you face today, remember that as His child He offers Himself to you as the One who is compassion, comfort, and encouragement.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Dec 2017, 11:01 pm

Date: November 1, 2017 at 2:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Delayed Harvest

Delayed Harvest

“Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him” (Psalm 126:5-6).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 126

The church family was truly blessed to have a woman of prayer and gentle ways in their group. Few people knew of the tears she had shed over the years because of the actions of her unsaved husband. Her smile was disarming and her compassion genuine.

When she reached her mid-sixties, her husband's hostility toward her Christianity intensified. When she would go to a quiet place in the house and attempt to spend time with the Lord, he would pound on the pipes and yell at her until she returned to the household duties.

Then one day her husband was hospitalized. When he heard that his diagnosis was inoperable cancer, the scene changed. He wanted her to call for her pastor to pray for him. He did not want to only be saved from eternal separation from God - he wanted to participate fully in the church. His desire to read the Bible and to pray was insatiable. The transformation in his life allowed him not to complain or question God but to die victoriously.

Insight: Trusting God for the impossible is never a challenge to God. It is rather a challenge to our faith.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Nov 2017, 10:30 pm

Date: November 21, 2017 at 12:49 AM
Topic: +DEV+  An Anxious Heart

An Anxious Heart

“An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up” (Proverbs 12:25). “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer . . .” (Philippians 4:6). 

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 12:18-28

Who among us has not had anxious moments when our peace fled and our minds chewed on thoughts, like a dog worrying a bone? Those anxious thoughts keep us awake, and we simply can't turn them off. 

When I’m hurting or deeply troubled about a matter, I walk a mile through my neighborhood. As I walk, I talk to the Lord, laying the matter all out before Him. By the time I return home, things look and feel much better.

I have always been an encourager, but there are times when I'm in desperate need of encouragement. As I cry out to God, He meets me at that point of desperation. He may bring to my mind the words of a hymn or point me to a Scripture verse, or He may simply speak through a comment in a phone conversation with a friend.

I’m still learning to let go of a matter and place it squarely in God's hands. I'm still learning to run into His presence when I'm hurting and let Him calm the fears and fill my heart with His gift of peace.
Insight: At the center of anxiety is a core of fear. But there is One who can calm your troubled heart. His name is Jesus.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Nov 2017, 7:55 pm

Date: November 17, 2017 at 3:55 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Joyful Giving

Joyful Giving

“Just as you excel in everything - in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and in your love for us - see that you also excel in this grace of giving” (2 Corinthians 8:7).

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 16

Paul was at it again! Concerned for the poor churches could participate in a combined offering to aide their needy brothers. This collection had apparently been going on for a while (Romans 15:25-28). The Corinthian church participated in this offering.

Bible students are unsure why their money stopped or slowed down. One suggestion is it was due to a famine in the area. Another is that false teachers had been given some of the funds. Still others feel that the believers in Corinth were persecuted and hard times had come to them. Whatever the reason, Titus had been sent to finish the project of gathering funds to go to Jerusalem. Yet, in spite of all the difficulties, the congregation still had the ability to give. Generous giving to others was a mark of the Macedonian churches.

They had learned the secret of joyful giving. It involved living by God's will, actions showing God's love, ignoring their own plight, giving generously, and trusting God to meet their needs

Insight: Giving of yourself and your possessions is a wonderful way to feel rich. The King's kids have much to give!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Nov 2017, 10:42 pm

Imitation

“Therefore . . . continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose” (Philippians 2:12-13).

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:1-18

The story is told of a preschool child who liked to put on his father's shoes and clump around the house. One day his father asked, “Why do you like walking in my shoes?”

Without hesitation the youngster replied, “I want to grow up to be just like you!”

The child of God should be persistently imitating Jesus Christ in thought, word, and deed. It's true that we cannot earn our salvation, but to discipline ourselves to be obedient to Christ takes work. Habits of life and life-styles die hard.

Imitation is said to be the highest form of praise. Prayerful reading of the New Testament is basic if we are to know the One we want to imitate. We need a good mental image of how Christ would respond and live. Further, a vibrant prayer life will help us better know Him and His ways. Thomas a Kempis, a monk born in 1390, penned this prayer: “Oh, Lord Jesus, forasmuch as Thy way was narrow and despised by the world, grant me grace to imitate Thee, through the world's contempt.”

Insight: Whom do you like to imitate? When people see you, are they reminded of Jesus? How could you be changed to be more like Him?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Nov 2017, 1:26 am

Restoration Ministry
We are hoping Daily_devotions is back up and running, now If I can only get my mail program to work as this is from the Web email interface. I will be sending my devotions once again!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Nov 2017, 10:09 pm

Michael Inman

Nov 8 at 4:37 PM

My email is down, I have Centurylink working the problem, this is the only email that can send but none of my emails will receive. I will notify you when I get back on line once again.
Thank you for standing by.
Michael Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Nov 2017, 5:40 pm

Date: November 1, 2017 at 2:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Delayed Harvest
Delayed Harvest
“Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him” (Psalm 126:5-6).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 126

The church family was truly blessed to have a woman of prayer and gentle ways in their group. Few people knew of the tears she had shed over the years because of the actions of her unsaved husband. Her smile was disarming and her compassion genuine.

When she reached her mid-sixties, her husband's hostility toward her Christianity intensified. When she would go to a quiet place in the house and attempt to spend time with the Lord, he would pound on the pipes and yell at her until she returned to the household duties.

Then one day her husband was hospitalized. When he heard that his diagnosis was inoperable cancer, the scene changed. He wanted her to call for her pastor to pray for him. He did not want to only be saved from eternal separation from God - he wanted to participate fully in the church. His desire to read the Bible and to pray was insatiable. The transformation in his life allowed him not to complain or question God but to die victoriously.

Insight: Trusting God for the impossible is never a challenge to God. It is rather a challenge to our faith.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Oct 2017, 4:12 pm

Closet Christian

“I tell you, whoever acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God” (Luke 12:8).

Scripture Focus: Luke 22:53-62

Being a Christian sometimes poses difficulty in the workplace. Every day thousands go to jobs where they are ridiculed, mocked, ignored, and made an object of by their coworkers. Many will suffer for following Jesus.

Between the crude jokes, profanity, and deception taking place, it becomes a challenge to represent Christ. The peer pressure and cultural pressure that Peter faced long ago caused him to deny Jesus three times. It makes a great difference if you have another believer to stand with you. Take time to thank God for those who stand with you in the difficult places.

In sharp contrast are a few believers who feel they must always verbalize their faith regardless of the surroundings or circumstances. They seem to have unusual boldness.

God’s Word challenges us to be ready to give an answer for our hope (1 Peter 3:15). Let's be responsive to the Holy Spirit's leading when we have opportunities to speak for Christ.

Insight: Make a list of several unbelievers. Ask God to lead you to speak for Christ when you have the opportunity.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Oct 2017, 3:29 pm

Date: October 25, 2017 at 9:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Perfect Mate

The Perfect Mate

“Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God . . . and it will be given him” (James 1:4-5).

Scripture Focus: Psalm 86

A teenager made a list of qualities he would desire in a wife. The list was long. Surely no woman would ever meet the qualifications.

In college the young man did not always stay as close to the Lord as he should, but he kept “the list” in the back of his mind. He dated many girls, but all were lacking one or more of the needed qualities. As the search went on, he kept trusting God.

In his thirties he attended an event for single adults where he met someone he really liked. Over several months he found that she met every one of the requirements and even more. Today they have a successful and happy marriage and are parents of two lovely children.

Bitter divorces and unhappily married couples often admit that they made one of their most significant choices in life totally apart from God's counsel. Marriage to the wrong person may mean years of unhappiness. God is a wonderful counselor and wants to give us the very best for all aspects of our lives. Don't be tricked into accepting anything less.

Insight: God has a plan for your life. Be careful that you don't rewrite any scene. Patience may be difficult, but the rewards are surely worth it.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Oct 2017, 12:38 pm

To my readers;
Apparently my home network and/or emails have been hacked my account daily_devotions (at) embarqmail (dot) com in particular has been rendered useless. I have notified my ISP of the problem and I have since changed all my passwords. So hopefully this has put a plug in the holes.
I will be closing the Daily_Devotions email account and setting up a new one soon to send my devotions thru. but in the meanwhile I will send them through my restoration account.

————————————————————————————————————————
Date: October 25, 2017 at 2:02 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Eternal Dividends

Eternal Dividends

“Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen” (2 Corinthians 4:17-18).

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 4:7-18

If we think about the troubles Paul endured, ours seem minor. He was imprisoned, beaten, and shipwrecked. He was also troubled, weary, thirsty, hungry, and cold. I'm encouraged that Paul, who gave us so much of God's inspired Word, wrote about God's comfort out of his own adversity.

In our passage for today we find two things at work for us. First, our “light and momentary troubles” may cause us emotional and physical discomfort. Second, these troubles are in contrast to what is growing for us in eternity.

Misery is described here as “light” while glory is regarded as weighty. Heavy affliction is light when put on the scales with the weight of glory. Our sufferings are for a moment, when compared to eternity. Out of that suffering may be found the praise, honor, and glory of God, who is in us through Christ.

Paul, who suffered in many ways, wrote glowingly about “Christ in you the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27). He’s for you and in you today. His glory lies ahead, and you have a part in that.

Insight: In spite of our affliction, which may be heavy at times, we can dwell on the eternal dividend of God's glory that will shine in us and through us forever.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Oct 2017, 8:28 pm

Date: October 23, 2017 at 3:02 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Up in Smoke

Up in Smoke

“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose . . . to be conformed to the likeness of his Son” (Romans 8:28-29).

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 3:1-12

Jason was at the end of himself. After months of unemployment, he talked with a pastor, requesting a place to live. His wife had asked him to move out. The family had just relocated and he had the promise of a new job, but he had desperate immediate needs.

After a few months Jason and his wife were participating in marriage counseling. Their children seemed to be adjusting to a new school year and the changes in the family. It seemed that things had improved for Jason.

Then one evening their teenage daughter stayed home while Jason and his wife were at church. An unattended candle started a fire, and the damage required the family to move out for several weeks while the house was being repaired.

Now God had their undivided attention. They responded by digging into His Word and allowing the church family to minister to them. They found joy in trusting God to use the difficult times to help them become more like Christ.

Insight: Things and life-style can get in the way of our relationship with the Lord. Sometimes the inconveniences are His way of getting us back on track.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:27 pm

Date: October 19, 2017 at 2:59 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Rejected
Rejected

“Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us” (1 Peter 2:12).

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 4:12-19

Being rejected always hurts. Rejection by a family member is very painful. A mom or dad does not stop caring when the adult children decide to live their lives as if their parents had never lived. A spouse does not stop loving even though his or her life partner does not respond to the Lord.

A believing woman invested years of prayer in her family, but still her husband gave no indication of wanting God in his life. When they nearly lost their horse farm because of a wrongly filed lawsuit, the husband turned to Christ for salvation. Immediately the couple began correcting some of the hurts and sins from the past, but their adult children wanted no part of their parents' new level of faith.

Wounded and hurt, the parents held on even tighter to their relationship with Christ. Soon they stopped asking so many questions of God and began enjoying Him as their Father. Jesus, who knew the keen pain of rejection, had not rejected them, and He enabled them to cope with their pain.

Insight: Jesus was rejected by many. Surely, He understands your pain. You can always turn to Him. Allow Him to replace your hurt with His joy.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next