World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Haggadah Passover
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Thu 25 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm

Elaine, reach out and touch someone!

Luke 8:43-47 And a woman having a flow of blood twelve years, who had spent all her livelihood on physicians, and could not be healed by anyone, Came up behind Him, and touched the border of His garment: and immediately her flow of blood stopped. And Yeshua (Jesus) said, "Who touched Me? When all denied it, Peter and those that were with Him said, "Master, the multitude are crowding and pressing on You, and You say, 'Who touched Me?'" And Yeshua (Jesus) said, "Somebody touched Me: for I perceive that power had gone out of Me." And when the woman saw that she was not hidden, she came trembling, and fell down before Him, she declared unto Him before all the people the reason she had touched Him, and how she had been immediately healed.

Isn't it interesting that of the multitudes thronging and pressing toward Yeshua (Jesus), only one really touched Him? What made Yeshua notice her among all the rest?

This woman was desperate. She had reached the end of her rope. She had probably spent all her money visiting every doctor she could find and done all she could do to help herself in the natural realm. I think she finally realized that what she truly needed was a touch from the Lord. The word "power" in this passage, in Greek, is "dunamis". Dunamis is the word from which the word dynamite is derived. As she reached for Him, dynamite power flowed out of the Lord and radically healed and changed her!

Somehow, the world has us convinced that the solution to all our problems come from it! We tend to look to people and material things to satisfy our earthly desires instead of looking to the Lord!

Elaine, do you need a touch from the Lord today? How much are you longing for Him? Let's abandon the ways we've been reaching out to the world for strength -- and determine to reach out to the Lord in faith and believe!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Denver, Colorado 

Editor's Note: You can watch both parts of a message entitled, "The Restoration of All Things" that was given in Delphi, Indiana on YouTube. Be sure to watch, and share! Restoration of All Things (Part 1) | Restoration of All Things (Part 2) 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Wyoming and Idaho this weekend! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: We have our schedule online. Be sure to check it out and see where you can meet us on the road! There are still a few holes we are hoping to fill along the way. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Jan 2018, 10:09 am

Elaine, have some holy chutzpah! 

Luke 11:5-8 And He said to them, "Which of you shall have a friend, and go to him at midnight and say to him, 'Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me on his journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; and he will answer from within and say, 'Do not trouble me; the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give to you'? I say to you, though he will not rise and give to him because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will rise and give him as many as he needs.

Since moving to Israel we've been thrust into a Middle Eastern culture of "extreme hospitality". The above parable from Luke takes place in a similar cultural context, and it powerfully illustrates how God wants us to approach Him.

The word persistance in Greek is the word anaideia which can also be translated in more detail as "bold persistence" or "tenacity". Look at the raw nerve this man has disturbing his sleeping neighbor in the middle of the night. He's calling out to him, expecting him to understand his need to provide food and hospitality for his unexpected guest, and even when his friend tries to turn him away...he is relentless! Here in Israel, we call that "chutzpah"!

Chutzpah is a difficult word to translate into English, but this is definitely an example of it - brazen boldness to continue knocking no matter the late hour or the stubborn selfish neighbor!

Now there are some of us who pray with this attitude, like God was a stubborn uncooperative friend who doesn't really care, or as though we're somehow bothering him as if we're waking him up in the middle of the night. But Yeshua (Jesus) is using this stubborn neighbor as a NEGATIVE illustration. He's saying the Father is NOT like that, but is a true and loving friend, one to whom we can bring all our needs, our troubles, and our problems because He will listen, and He will care! But God also wants us to be persistent, not to browbeat or pester Him for an answer, but rather, because we so believe in Him, and we want to express to Him just how much we really trust Him even when the answer doesn't come immediately. It's an expression of relentless faith which so pleases Him.

Elaine, if this uncooperative neighbor finally gives a loaf to his friend, how much more will our Heavenly Father give to us, His children, if we come to Him with believing chutzpah? As long as we ask according to His will [1 John 5:14], we can confidently bring our requests, and even if we need to dig in and wait for His answers, it's because we know that our trust in His love and generosity will make him so happy. So... with so much work to be done, let's show some Holy chutzpah!

Denver, Colorado 
Editor's Note: You can watch both parts of a message entitled, "The Restoration of All Things" that was given in Delphi, Indiana this past weekend on YouTube. Be sure to watch, and share! Restoration of All Things (Part 1) | Restoration of All Things (Part 2) 
Editor's Note: We're speaking in Colorado this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Editor's Note: We have our schedule online. Be sure to check it out and see where you can meet us on the road! There are still a few holes we are hoping to fill along the way. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Jan 2018, 6:18 pm

Elaine, give a good word! 

Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.

A friend writes: "My father did some pretty nasty things to me. But at the end of his life, as I kneeled by his bedside, I told him how thankful I was for every good thing he had done and every way he had blessed me, and there were many. We were good friends when he passed away." One of the greatest regrets you can avoid at the end of your life is the failure to praise others when they deserved it, (and even when they didn't).

But why is it that affirming words are so pitifully rare in our conversations, especially when so many many people are anxious, discouraged, and depressed by all the negativity in this life? We're living in a world that's constantly knocking us down, from cradle to grave. Is it any wonder that anxiety and depression are rampant at every age level?

But notice the advice that Solomon gives -- a good word makes the heart glad. We should take this to heart. A compliment or blessing can be one of the greatest motivators, and can be truly life changing. And every one of us needs this kind of encouragement to run the race of this life.

Elaine, let's be people of encouragement, looking for the word which will lift another person up and bring healing and hope to her soul. A good word will also do wonders for our own hearts.

Denver, Colorado 

Editor's Note: You can watch both parts of a message entitled, "The Restoration of All Things" that was given in Delphi, Indiana this past weekend on YouTube. Be sure to watch, and share! Restoration of All Things (Part 1) | Restoration of All Things (Part 2) 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Colorado this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Jan 2018, 3:22 pm

Elaine, patience - oh what a lesson! 

2 Peter 1:5-7 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Patience is one of those attributes that you cannot learn by reading about it. It's a quality that can only be acquired by persistent, enduring, practice– and for me it's a drill that I go over, and over, and over again!

The original Webster's dictionary offers this definition of patience: "the suffering of afflictions, pain, toil, calamity, provocation or other evil, with a calm, unruffled temper; endurance without murmuring or fretfulness, from a kind of heroic pride, or from a Christian submission to the divine will."

Reading this definition two things really struck me – first, "endurance without murmuring". I, for instance, get so frustrated sitting in a traffic jam... counting the wasted minutes when I could have been doing something useful! Yet, what an opportunity for me to choose to quench the inner fumes – and use the delay to work on my patience!

The second thing that really hit me was, "a Christian submission to the divine will." How many times are we placed in a difficult position, or forced to deal with an "impossible" situation? Or perhaps, an "impossible" person? These circumstances are always opportunities to grow in patience – or to learn to submit to God's providential will, and often, to minister in some special or unique way.

Elaine, is your patience being tested today? Great! Remember, love is (first of all) patient. [1 Cor. 13:4] The Lord is training you toward godliness –- and godliness is moving toward perfect love. With so much work to be done, He is really wanting to work this quality into your character now -– to perfect your love, and with it to transform the world around you for His glory!

Denver, Colorado 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Jan 2018, 1:33 pm

Elaine, get a good night's sleep! 

Psalm 121:4 Behold, He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.

During the Battle of Britain, the German Luftwaffe rained down about thirty-five thousand bombs upon London during nightly air raids, causing terrifying fear and tremendous destruction and mayhem in large parts of London.

For months, as sirens wailed out warnings of approaching German bombers, the general population automatically hurried toward the nearest Air Raid Shelter! People learned to look after one another during the nightly raids and the 'morning after' walk abouts and clean-ups.

After a terrible night of bombardment, an elderly woman was not seen in a certain neighborhood for several days. Her neighbors assumed that she had either been killed by the falling bombs or that she had gone to the countryside to escape the danger, disruption of life and incessant noise.

Some time later, a neighbor spotted the elderly woman walking down the street and articulated his happiness that she was alive and well.

"It’s nice to see you back", he said.
"I have not been away", she replied.
"Where have you been?" he asked.
"I’ve been at home," said the woman.
"What have you been doing at home during the air raids?” inquired the neighbor.
"Sleeping," she answered.
"How could you sleep with all the noise and explosions?" he asked.

"Oh", she replied, I was reading my Bible and found Psalms 121:4 where it declares that God doesn’t slumber nor sleep, so I thought there was no point in both of us staying awake."

Elaine, as the world gets more chaotic during these last days as fear abounds, may the Lord grant you the ability to rest in Him for truly He neither slumbers or sleeps as He watches over you!

Denver, Colorado 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Jan 2018, 11:49 am

Elaine, yes, integrity matters!

Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

Please forgive us for the length of this particular devotion, but it was sent in from some friends of the ministry in Nigeria -- please take the time to read this powerful message.

An aging king woke up one day to the realization that should he drop dead, there would be no male in the royal family to take his place. He was the last male in the royal family in a culture where only a male could succeed to the throne - and he was aging. He decided that if he could not give birth to a male, he would adopt a son who then could take his place but he insisted that such an adopted son must be extraordinary in every sense of the word. So he launched a competition in his kingdom, open to all boys, no matter what their background. Ten boys made it to the very top.

There was little to separate these boys in terms of intelligence and physical attributes and capabilities. The king said to them, 'I have one last test and whoever comes top will become my adopted son and heir to my throne.'

Then he said, 'This kingdom depends solely on agriculture. So the king must know how to cultivate plants. So here is a seed of corn for each of you.Take it home and plant and nurture it for three weeks. At the end of three weeks, we shall see who has done the best job of cultivating the seed. That person will be my heir-apparent.' The boys took their seeds and hurried home. They each got a flower pot and planted the seed as soon as they got home. There was much excitement in the kingdom as the people waited with bated breath to see who was destined to be their next king.

In one home, the boy and his parents were almost heartbroken when after days of intense care, the seed failed to sprout. He did not know what had gone wrong with his. He had selected the soil carefully, he had applied the right quantity and type of fertilizer, he had been very dutiful in watering it at the right intervals, he had even prayed over it day and night and yet his seed had turned out to be unproductive.

Some of his friends advised him to go and buy a seed from the market and plant that. 'After all,' they said, 'how can anyone tell one seed of corn from another?' But his parents who had always taught him the value of integrity reminded him that if the king wanted them to plant any corn, he would have asked them to go for their own seed. 'If you take anything different from what the king gave you that would be dishonesty.'

'Maybe we are not destined for the throne. If so, let it be, but don't be found to have deceived the king,' they told him. The d-day came and the boys returned to the palace each of them proudly exhibiting a very fine corn seedling. It was obvious that the other nine boys had had great success with their seeds. The king began making his way down the line of eager boys and asked each of them, 'Is this what came out of the seed I gave you?'

And each boy responded, 'Yes, your majesty.' And the king would nod and move down the line.

The king finally got to the last boy in the line-up. The boy was shaking with fear. He knew that the king was going to have him thrown into prison for wasting his seed. 'What did you do with the seed I gave you?' the king asked. 'I planted it and cared for it diligently, your majesty, but alas it failed to sprout.' the boy said tearfully as the crowd booed him.

But the king raised his hands and signaled for silence. Then he said, 'My people behold your next king.' The people were confused. 'Why that one?' many asked. 'How can he be the right choice?' The king took his place on his throne with the boy by his side and said, 'I gave these boys boiled seeds. This test was not for cultivating corn. It was the test of character; a test of integrity. It was the ultimate test.'

If a king must have one quality, it must be that he should be above dishonesty. Only this boy passed the test. A boiled seed cannot sprout.' Never!!

Elaine, we live in a society that has become obsessed with success and many show success at any cost. We say the end justifies the means. It is the tragedy of life. You see, failure often is an invitation to God to show that he is all powerful and does not need help to make us great or to bless us.

Kansas City, MO

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Jan 2018, 9:48 pm

Elaine, give the Lord your best!

Isaiah 29:13-14 Therefore the Lord said: "Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths And honor Me with their lips, But have removed their hearts far from Me, And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men, Therefore, behold, I will again do a marvelous work among this people, A marvelous work and a wonder; For the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, And the understanding of their prudent men shall be hidden."

An ancient story is told of a King of Spain who was to visit a poor country village. Upon hearing of his plan to visit them, the people seemed excited to offer a great celebration that would show their adoration and love for their king. But the villagers didn't have much to offer.

In the midst of their quandary someone proposed that, since so many villagers made their own wines, they might each choose his best wine, and combine them in a barrel to present to the king as a gift from the village. So they did, each wine-maker bringing a flagon with which to fill the barrel. Then, they anxiously awaited the arrival of their sovereign.

When the King arrived, he was ceremoniously presented with a silver cup and invited to draw wine from the barrel. As he filled his silver chalice, he was surprised when he tasted only water. Where was the wine? Each villager had reasoned, "I'll withhold my best wine and give water. There will be so many cups of excellent wine poured into the barrel that mine will never be missed."

Here was a town full of people whose private greed completely overcame their public enthusiasm. The indictment of Isaiah the prophet suited them perfectly: "these people draw near with their mouths and honor Me with their lips, but have removed their hearts far from Me.."

Yet our God looks at the heart, and He knows well when we are going through the motions of showing love and admiration for him, without any truth or sincerity.

Elaine, hypocrisy is a serious offense to our God. He would rather we honestly withhold then pretend to be generous. How often do we act publicly to be seen by men in a certain light, while in fact, our motive is self-seeking? So God will have to do another marvellous work to expose our hypocrisy, because of His love for us, for He knows when our "wine" is really "water". But wouldn't we rather offer our very best wine right from the start?
Kansas City, MO
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Jan 2018, 10:56 am

Elaine, tear down the idols!

Judges 6:24-26 So Gideon built an altar there to the Lord, and called it Jehovah Shalom. To this day it is still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites. Now it came to pass the same night that the Lord said to him, "Take your father's young bull, the second bull of seven years old, and tear down the altar of Baal that your father has, and cut down the wooden image that is beside it; and build an altar to the Lord your God on top of this rock in the proper arrangement, and take the second bull and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the image which you shall cut down."

When Gideon was called by God, a mighty man of valor, his first task was to tear down the idolatrous altars of Baal and Asherah at his father’s house. Though he was ready to obey this command, his obedience was mixed with fear, so he destroyed the idols at night [Judges 6:27]. When the men of the city realized it was Gideon who destroyed their idols, their allegiance to Baal and Asherah drove them to demand Gideon's life.

But Gideon's father Joash came to his son's defense, rather than defending his own idolatry, saying to the men, “If Baal was destroyed by Gideon, then let Baal destroy him!” [Judges 6:31] Perhaps Gideon's father was convicted by his son's obedience. In any case his own love for Gideon and his courage to stand against the people of the town saved Gideon's life and must have encouraged him and given him faith to continue.

God saw in Gideon a man of faith with the potential to overcome his fears. So the Lord called him and brought him into a challenging situation which drew Gideon's fear into the light and gave him an opportunity to face it and overcome it. He used Gideon's father's courage which seems to have passed to his son after the idols were destroyed. But Gideon still needed to grow in trust to fully accomplish what God had called him to do.

Like Gideon, we are destroying the idols in our lives, and have the potential to even bring conviction to the lives of our parents, so that they too might be restored to worshiping the true God. Because of their love for us they may come to our defense and find themselves serving the Lord's purposes and even being restored to Him. Gideon's fear did not prevent him from obeying the Lord, and this is why he affected his father and was called a mighty man of valor.

Elaine, this story of courage and restoration can inspire us in several ways. First, we must not allow our fears to prevent our obedience. Second, our obedience is likely to inspire repentance and loyalty in those close to us. And third, the Lord sees past our fears and He calls us according to His deeper knowledge of who we are as overcomers in Him.

Kansas City, MO

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Jan 2018, 12:47 pm

Elaine, be "His Beachhead!"

Psalms 37:37-40 Mark the blameless man, and observe the upright; For the future of that man is peace. But the transgressors shall be destroyed together; The future of the wicked shall be cut off. But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them, Because they trust in Him.

A "beachhead" is the first objective, the primary location for a military force landing on an enemy shore, which, when secured can be used to gain further advancement.

On June 6, 1944, Allied forces landed on the beach at Normandy during the height of World War 2. It was an extremely dangerous mission. Failing to secure the beachhead at Normandy would have led to a major defeat on that day. While the allies did succeed in securing the beachhead the cost was very high as many soldiers lost their lives.

The enemy knows the significance of the beachhead, that it is a place of breaking through with great potential for further losses on his part, and he defends it with great intensity. At Normandy, brave, committed and valiant soldiers stormed the beach and opened the way for far greater victory for the allies.

The "beachhead" is a powerful metaphor for us believers in Yeshua (Jesus), who are involved in a spiritual war. Each one of us is called to be a "beachhead" for the Lord's love and truth, His influence, the breaking through of His light into this dark world.

Yet to be effective, our own lives must be increasingly secured by the Lord. For those of us who are serious and involved in the battle, the Lord will be shining His light into our own dark places and gaining ground and influence in our lives, characters, and actions. We ourselves will be His "beachhead" for breakthrough into the lives of others. But realize, it won't be easy or without cost!

Elaine, is God taking more and more control of your life? Is the battle for your heart and soul raging and seeming to become more and more costly? Remember D-Day and the lives laid down there for the sake of freedom; and remember both the cost and the incredible significance of the allied victory. Your sacrifices will reap eternal rewards, when Yeshua, Himself will say to you – "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" -- "for you were 'my beachhead!'"

Kansas City, MO

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Illinois and Missouri! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: We have just 7 spots left! COME TO ISRAEL with the Worthy News Family! George and Baht Rivka will be hosting a tour around the Land in Sept. 2018, Modern Israel’s 70th Birthday! Come join us for this special tour! Call us at 610-624-4091 to sign up— $200 (nonrefundable) will hold your spot and the rest can be paid by May. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Jan 2018, 11:45 am

Elaine, stop looking back -- look ahead!

Luke 9:62 But Jesus said to him, "No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God."

Some time ago, I wrote a devotional about not worrying for tomorrow because tomorrow holds its own worries. But it occurred to me recently, that just about as often as we worry for tomorrow, we fret about yesterday. How many times do we find ourselves saying, "I wish things could be the way they were, I wish I was younger, I wish I could fit into those jeans again, I wish I didn't make that terrible mistake ... you fill in the blank"?

The Lord doesn't want us constantly looking back at what once was. Our enemy does -- he wants us to feel discouraged and helpless and ruminate over and over on what we can never change. Sure, if we need to repent or make something right, we ought to go ahead and do it. But God doesn't want us drowning in self-pity or regret about past mistakes, or hopelessly longing for what can never be again . He wants us to look ahead. He wants us to say, "Forget what was -- the future is where my destiny lies and I will meet the Lord there in His purposes for me." That's faith. And it's well based in everything Yeshua (Jesus) has done for us, promised us, and called us to.

Elaine, so, let's stop looking back in fear or bondage to the past -- it's long gone already. Let's move ahead and press toward the new things that the Lord has for us in our lives. Our God is always making things new, and redeeming what was before.

Kansas City, MO

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Illinois and Missouri! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: Today, is the last day to reserve your spot before prices go up! COME TO ISRAEL with the Worthy News Family! George and Baht Rivka will be hosting a tour around the Land in Sept. 2018, Modern Israel’s 70th Birthday! Come join us for this special tour! Call us at 610-624-4091 to sign up— $200 (nonrefundable) will hold your spot and the rest can be paid by May. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Jan 2018, 1:00 pm

Elaine, test the spirits!

1 John 4:2-3 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Civilization continues to erode as the world is being prepared for its greatest deception, the appearance of the false messiah -- the Antichrist. The word literally means "one against Christ" and also, one "in place of Christ." Yeshua (Jesus) predicted and warned his disciples and all believers of this dangerous development in the last days.

Toward the end of the first century, the gospel message came under the influence of Greek philosophy and culture, and was corrupted by Greek "Gnosticism" to the point of heresy. "Gnosis" - meaning "knowledge", in this case, special, particular, hidden, esoteric, "spiritually enlightened" knowledge, was the basis and goal of Gnosticism, both at that time, and today in its many contemporary expressions. These spiritual adepts claimed to be the "spiritually enlightened" ones, some of whom inserted themselves among the true believers to draw followers and to replace the true revelation of Yeshua (Jesus) with a counterfeit.

The apostles addressed this heresy in numerous letters. Paul exhorted Timothy to, "Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge (gnosis)." [1 Timothy 6:20]

Most of these Gnostics believed Yeshua, whom they called, "Christ", to be divine, but that he was only one of the "aeons" or "divine spiritual beings." They taught that Christ only seemed to be human, that he was never actually born to a Jewish household, growing up in Nazareth, and that He was never actually crucified nor bodily risen from the dead. This Gnostic "Christ" revealed himself only to reaffirm and exemplify the message of "spiritual enlightenment" for those who sought this "special revelation."

And they believed that he was only one of numerous "prophets" appearing from time to time with this "universal" Gnostic message. The apostle John was well aware of this and was led by the Holy Spirit to teach and warn of it.

And Gnosticism is alive and well today. One of its ubiquitous signs is the "all seeing eye", which is traceable to ancient Egypt as the "eye of Horus" and is associated with the same "special revelation" or "enlightenment" propounded by the Greek Gnostics. The same false rendering of Yeshua also abounds today in various Gnostic teachings, so that the words of John the apostle are just as relevant as ever, perhaps even more so. According to Gnostic teachings, Jesus is no longer the savior of the world who died for sins and rose from the grave, but a spiritual adept who appeared to exemplify and teach the transcendent knowledge of "enlightenment."

There is a dark being in the scriptures who is associated with "light" [2 Corinthians 11:14] and who is behind all false teachings of "enlightenment." His light is darkness. [Matthew 6:23]. So our brother John carefully warns us to, "Test the spirits ... to see whether they are from God." The test is simple but unequivocal. "Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God." "In the flesh!"; not a "spiritual, angelic, aeon/avatar, one of many bringing a false message and a false "light"... but a unique incarnation of the Creator YHVH, who lived a human life, and died a human death, and was physically, bodily raised to eternal life.

Elaine, the true Gospel message is simple and beautiful, and accessible to all. It is not a deep esoteric knowledge, or mystical experience. We can rejoice in the beautiful and simple fact that in Him, namely "Yeshua (Jesus),... are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." [Colossians 2:3]

Chicago, Illinois

Editor's Note: Today, is the last day to reserve your spot before prices go up! COME TO ISRAEL with the Worthy News Family! George and Baht Rivka will be hosting a tour around the Land in Sept. 2018, Modern Israel’s 70th Birthday! Come join us for this special tour! Call us at 610-624-4091 to sign up— $200 (nonrefundable) will hold your spot and the rest can be paid by May. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Jan 2018, 5:21 pm

Elaine, walk in prophecy!

2 Kings 23:16-17 And as Josiah turned himself, he spied the sepulchres that were there in the mount, and sent, and took the bones out of the sepulchres, and burned them upon the altar, and polluted it, according to the word of the LORD which the man of God proclaimed, who proclaimed these words. Then he said, What title is that that I see? And the men of the city told him, It is the sepulchre of the man of God, which came from Judah, and proclaimed these things that thou hast done against the altar of Bethel.

This is an interesting passage of Scripture which details how Josiah, a young and Godly king, went forth to cleanse the land, and in doing so, finds that he was fulfilling a prophecy given years before. Josiah went forth doing what was right -- and in doing so, was walking out the works that God preordained for him -- he was fulfilling the calling that God had set into motion years before!

Each of us is alive for such a time as this, living in this day and hour, and all around us prophecy is being fulfilled. Quite honestly, the prophecies of these last days seem to be being fulfilled faster than I anticipated -- but nevertheless, we are witnessing the signs all around us, and they are not so comforting.

So what is our mandate, our calling, our destiny for these days? Will we walk as Josiah, steadfast after God? Because in our day as well, there is prophecy spoken by Jesus himself concerning these last days in which we live: "because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." [Matthew 24:12] Josiah walked amidst incredible idolatry and sin in Israel, (just like we are now), but instead of catering or yielding to it, he used all the authority he had to tear it down. He was fearless in his hatred of sin because of his intense love for God. Jesus' words imply a specific calling for us in these last days: Don't allow your love to grow cold!

Elaine, sin abounds all around us, and maybe to some extent, IN us– but it's already written that we can triumph over it if we will just keep our love for him HOT! On the cross he won an astounding victory which we can claim and walk in each and every day of our lives! If we walk in his victory, we too can fulfill the prophetic words of the greatest prophet, because he did not say "the love of ALL will grow cold". So let us be those who fulfill this prophetic destiny the way King Josiah did. We CAN be the ones who keep that passion for God, even in these terrible times!

Chicago, Illinois

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Kentucky and Indiana this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: COME TO ISRAEL with the Worthy News Family! George and Baht Rivka will be hosting a tour around the Land in Sept. 2018, Modern Israel’s 70th Birthday! Come join us for this special tour! Call us at 610-624-4091 to sign up— $200 (nonrefundable) will hold your spot and the rest can be paid by May. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Jan 2018, 11:06 pm

Elaine, it's time to light the fire!

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

There is a tale told of that great English actor Macready. An eminent preacher once said to him: "I wish you would explain to me something."

"Well, what is it? I don't know that I can explain anything to a preacher."

"What is the reason for the difference between you and me? You are appearing before crowds night after night with fiction, and the crowds follow you wherever you go. I am preaching the essential and unchangeable truth, and I am not getting any crowd at all!"

Macready's answer was this: "This is quite simple. I can tell you the difference between us. I present my fiction as though it were truth; you present your truth as though it were fiction."

It is easy to know when something is aflame. It ignites other material. Can you imagine how quickly the truth of Yeshua (Jesus) could spread, if we were only passionate about living it and sharing it?! We who know God need to be on fire, igniting the world around us!

Elaine, let's give our inhibitions and fears to the Lord and ask Him to light the fire in our hearts for the lost!

Rossville, Indiana

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Kentucky and Indiana this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: COME TO ISRAEL with the Worthy News Family! George and Baht Rivka will be hosting a tour around the Land in Sept. 2018, Modern Israel’s 70th Birthday! Come join us for this special tour! Call us at 610-624-4091 to sign up— $200 (nonrefundable) will hold your spot and the rest can be paid by May. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Jan 2018, 5:37 pm

Elaine, take action!

Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

One of my passions is studying history, especially the American Civil War. Here is an amusing story about General Stonewall Jackson's famous Valley Campaign. During the war, Jackson's army found itself on one side of a river when it needed to be on the other.

After telling his engineers to plan and build a bridge so the army could cross, he called his wagon master in to tell him it was urgent that the wagon train cross the river as soon as possible. At once, the wagon master started gathering all the logs, rocks and fence rails he could find and quickly put together a bridge.

Long before daylight, General Jackson got word that all the wagons and artillery had crossed the river. "Where are the engineers and what are they doing?" asked Jackson of his wagon master. "They are drawing up plans for a bridge, Sir." He replied.

Elaine, don't spend so much time drawing up plans -- be an example! Get out an take action! There's so much work to be done!

Rossville, Indiana

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Indiana this weekend! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Jan 2018, 11:09 am

Elaine, working before the storm!

John 9:4 I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work.

A powerful winter storm is preparing to dump between 6-12 inches of snow along with hurricane-force winter wind gusts ranging from 40-60 mph this weekend over New England. The unusual weather will produce what is called a "bomb cyclone" which is the termed used when a cyclone has a huge drop in atmospheric pressure over a short time. All this talk of snow ... winter weather reminded me of when I was growing up in Baltimore, Maryland during the winter.

I always wished for a snow day so that I didn't have to go to school the following day. I would watch the news late into the evening for any hint of snow, even just a ½ inch was usually enough for schools to close! Aside from the weather report, there was one sign that almost always meant freedom the next day: if Mom and Dad rushed to the grocery store because on the East Coast, the slightest hint of snow sends everyone running for milk, eggs, and bread to be sure they're ready for the storm.

Anyone with their eyes half open can see the clouds on the horizon, and we ought to be watching and preparing as carefully as I used to do growing up in Baltimore.

Elaine, we need to be carefully watching, and at the same time, actively working for the Kingdom, because the day is rapidly approaching when no more work can be done! So take it to heart, continue to press through, press on, and by all means do not grow weary in well doing -- for you shall truly reap if you do not faint!

Leitchfield, Kentucky

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Jan 2018, 6:25 pm

Elaine, sunny skies ahead!

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

After our very small wedding in Jerusalem, my wife and I planned to have the big ceremony she'd always dreamed of, in Havre De Grace, Maryland. Rivka had it planned it to the tee. It was an outdoor wedding next to the longest standing lighthouse on the east coast. We were going to wow our guests with an entrance by way of sailboat. Ten dancers with candles in glasses were to proceed my beautiful bride as I awaited her under our hand-crafted chuppa, lit by the sunset on the bay.

Unfortunately, things didn't flow quite the way we had planned. Nothing went right -- and when I say nothing -- I really mean nothing. We got started terribly late because some important wedding party guests were late, so the sunset entrance didn't happen. It rained and rained and the cold wind blew. We had no indoor option. We did end up coming in on a sailboat, but we were both soaking wet! The electricity kept flickering on and off, along with the sound, during the ceremony because the generators we rented were not working well. The wrong song was played as I was coming down the isle. There were ducks quacking and meandering around in search for food in the tent beside us,and I tell you, that was only the beginning! The whole event seemed like it was written by the Marx brothers!

Despite the circumstances however, we laughed throughout the whole thing. We decided to trust that the Lord was in control, and just enjoy each other. Just before our pastor closed out the ceremony, he said something along these lines: "Marriage is not about sunny skies and perfect weather -- what it's really about is being joined together to weather the storms!" Surprisingly, many of our cold, wet guests shared with us that they were incredibly touched and blessed. Both believers and non-believers alike remarked that they could see the joy of the Lord in our lives. [Watch the snippet of the video on YouTube]

The Lord has joined himself to us, not just through the sunny days, but through every storm of life. God never promised us perfect weather, but He does promise that He will walk beside us even in the most difficult of times.

Elaine, keep your mind set on Him and you will be at perfect peace through every storm!

Leitchfield, Kentucky

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Jan 2018, 9:04 pm

Elaine, stay warm! 

Matthew 24:12-14 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

I'm not sure how much I enjoy the freezing weather here as we're traveling across the United States, but I certainly can't wait till Spring comes! On the Hebrew calendar Nisan is the month that transitions from winter to Spring. The ice finally starts melting and new life springs forth during this month. Doesn't it make sense that Yeshua (Jesus) died and rose again from the dead during this month; the month of the transition from that which is frozen to that which is alive?!

The power of God melts through thick ice, and infuses life into all things! Is your love growing cold and frigid? Then allow the Lord to thaw you out! The world is cold to the things of God -- but as Saints, we need to be sure that we're not allowing the world to numb us with its coldness; rather, we ought to be melting the frozen world around us! 

Elaine, let's not get iced over with the snow, and freezing winter weather, (for those of us who are shivering through it just now), or even worse, the cold hard world around us. The Lord our God is a sun and shield. His warmth will fill us and will radiate out into the lives of others, if we will abide in His loving Presence.

Louisville, Kentucky 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm

Elaine, happy new year -- orders remain UNCHANGED! 

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

One of the most fascinating sites to visit in Washington D.C. is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery. For 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, a platoon of 30 honor guards protects the tomb through rain, snow and even hurricanes! It's been guarded every minute of every day since 1937.

A single sentinel takes his post guarding carefully, walking exactly 21 steps then pausing for 21 seconds before turning around and continuing his duty. The number 21 is in reference to the 21 gun salute which is the military's highest honor given to a soldier. When the changing of the guard takes place, the orders are passed from one soldier to the next – "Orders Remain Unchanged."

As we enter into a New Year, the world is rapidly changing before our eyes! War seems inevitable in the Middle East – one thing hasn't changed -- our orders from Yeshua to preach this gospel of the Kingdom to every one! 

Elaine, continue to stand guard, watching and being ever alert of the times in which we live; and never forget that our "Orders Remain Unchanged!" With so much work to be done, let's be sure we enter 2018 with our priorities intact – "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you..."

Ashland, Kentucky 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 34 Empty WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Fri 29 Dec 2017, 2:35 pm

Elaine, tutti-fruity!

Matthew 7:16-20 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a corrupt tree bears evil fruit. A good tree cannot bear evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

Most people reading this passage tend to focus in on the fruit that is produced. Okay...But a closer look will reveal that the Lord is really focusing on the tree. The fruit merely demonstrates the quality of the tree. We have all encountered this: there are trees whose fruit is healthy and delicious, and there are trees whose fruit is scarcely edible, or even useless.

The fruit doesn't make the tree -- the tree makes the fruit. A tree that produces good fruit is firmly rooted in soil which provides adequate water and nourishment. Likewise, those of us whose lives are rooted in and dedicated to Yeshua produce good fruit. Others who try to produce good works for "religious" reasons, or to prove or approve of themselves, may produce fruit, but it will be much inferior. When our focus is on Yeshua (Jesus), and our lives are centered in Him, the fruit we produce will not be from self-effort, and its quality will be excellent...because it is simply the produce of a good tree. 

Elaine, so, stop trying to produce good works in your own strength. Just tap into the Source of your life, Yeshua, allowing the sap of His Spirit to flow through you – and then watch what GREAT FRUIT He is continually able to produce!

Baltimore, MD 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Pennsylvania and Kentucky this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar! 

Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries was just established as a non-profit corporation. To reflect these changes, we've completely revamped our online donation site, changed our mailing address, and have reorganized the means of how we handle sending out tax-deductible receipts. We're closing out our year in a few weeks, and we'd like to start 2018 on the right foot! Would you consider giving a year-end gift? 

Elaine, you will face problems, but there's GOOD news! 

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

In this world we will face all kinds of obstacles, trials and tribulations and we should be wary of any doctrines or teachings that say we shouldn’t have to face these things. Why? Because the Lord said we will have tribulations. So the encouragement He is giving is simply this: You’re going to face trials, but GOD is greater than any problem you will face in this world!

As problems present themselves, we should face them in the power of God and overcome them with Him -– because every problem is an opportunity to exhibit the love and power of God in our lives. And it’s often through these situations that the world gets our true testimony as believers in Him!

Elaine, so, lift up your head, and don’t expect “no obstacles" in this life. Continue looking up, and be filled with His joy, because the Lord has already overcome this world and our problems, and we will experience that when we simply give them over to Him!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Pennsylvania and Kentucky this weekend! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar! 
Editor's Note: Worthy Ministries was just established as a non-profit corporation. To reflect these changes, we've completely revamped our online donation site, changed our mailing address, and have reorganized the means of how we handle sending out tax-deductible receipts. We're closing out our year in a few weeks, and we'd like to start 2018 on the right foot! Would you consider giving a year-end gift? 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34