Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 111 on Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:28 am
Latest topics
» 8 Signs You Might Be Battling a Religious Spirit
Today at 10:06 pm by Admin

» 7 Signs Your Pastor Is Preaching Heresy
Today at 9:38 pm by Admin

» THE CLARION PROJECT
Today at 6:13 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
Today at 5:44 pm by Admin

» If Hillary Goes Down So Will Obama
Today at 4:23 pm by Admin

» Breaking: Trump Pulls Out of Summit with North Korea, ‘Sad Moment in History’
Today at 4:18 pm by Admin

» WND EXCLUSIVE
Today at 2:19 pm by Admin

» Report: American warplanes begin massive airstrikes against ISIS to finish them off
Today at 12:36 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Today at 11:50 am by Admin

» Delrifkah: HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY.
Today at 11:39 am by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
Today at 11:34 am by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman
Today at 11:33 am by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Today at 11:29 am by Admin

» Daily Disciples
Today at 11:29 am by Admin

» HEAVEN LETTERS
Today at 11:25 am by Admin

» Palestinians: Americans Now Legitimate Targets
Today at 11:11 am by Admin

» BREITBART NEWS
Today at 10:08 am by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Yesterday at 11:33 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Yesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» TERRORISTS ATTACKS Various places
Yesterday at 9:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next

Go down

Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Today at 11:29 am

Elaine, prepare yourself! 

Revelation 19:7-8 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.”  And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

Since my wife and I just celebrated our 16 year wedding anniversary, it reminded me of when my wife and I were initially married in Jerusalem -- before our major wedding in the States.

During that special evening in Jerusalem, my wife elaborately prepared for our wedding. It was just a small gathering at her father's house, but it was so sweet. Her dad prepared beautiful and delicious Israeli delicacies. We built a chuppah (Jewish wedding canopy) from her great grandfather's tallit (Jewish prayer shawl). A Paul Wilbur CD played softly in the back round, and about a hundred candles lit the living room. My soon to be wife had spent hours bathing and doing her hair and getting beautiful for the occasion, and finally, out she came. It all was so romantic, well planned and wonderfully prepared.

We are our Lord's bride! And in the same way, we have a responsibility to prepare for His return! We have some work to do, don't we? 

Elaine, let's examine our hearts today and lay it all out before Him. Let's give Him the first fruits of our day in worship and study and prayer and allow Him to refine and cleanse us -- that we may be found a bride without wrinkle or spot – that we would be a holy and righteous and beautiful bride for Him and our celebration together would be glorious!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Yesterday at 12:47 pm

Elaine, your God shall be my God! 

Ruth 1:16-17 But Ruth said: "Entreat me not to leave you, Or to turn back from following after you; For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me."

As we continue our study in Ruth, this Shavuot season, I want to suggest a prophetic mystery hidden in this book.

We have seen that names have significant meanings, and as discussed earlier, Elimelech, whose name means "My God is King", left Bethlehem with Naomi his wife and their two sons. The birth of these two boys must have brought joy and happiness, yet, having perished in Moab actually caused their very names to lose their original meanings. The firstborn, Mahlon, which meant "ornament", over the years came to mean "sickly". Their second son, Chilion, derived his name from the Hebrew root for "joy", but his name came to mean, "pining" and "whining". Naomi, whose name means "pleasant", changed her name to Mara, which means "bitterness", saying, "the Lord has dealt very bitterly with me."

Now Ruth, whose name means "friend", remained persistent, despite Naomi's exhorting her to separate and return to Moab. Instead, true to her name and character, Ruth invokes one of the strongest, most beautiful expressions of faith and faithfulness in all of scripture: "For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God. Where you die, I will die, And there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, If anything but death parts you and me." Thus Ruth forsakes her native land and joins herself irrevocably to the nation, people and God of Israel...a truly faithful friend, even to the point of death.

I would like to draw out from the story of Ruth, a possible contemporary meaning and application for us to ponder. I would suggest that Naomi and her two sons can be viewed as a type or picture of the people of Israel, and that Elimilech's decision to leave the Land of Promise with them became a picture of Israel in the diaspora. This present exile of the Jewish people since 70 AD culminating in the holocaust, has often rendered them both "sickly" and "pining" for home, and Naomi's experience outside the land of Israel brought death and desolation upon her.

The modern nation of Israel, birthed after centuries from the ashes of the Holocaust, and a long painful exile, has been suddenly restored to her ancient homeland, yet, in much bitterness, just as Naomi had returned to her homeland from Moab. Yet Ruth's love and faithfulness must have been a profound comfort to her mother-in-law. So, Ruth can be seen as a picture or type of Gentile (Christian) believers, whose faithful love, friendship and comfort bring deep solace to the people of Israel, who are still experiencing the bitterness of the exile and even now, the misunderstanding and opposition of the nations of the world. Many Israelis already know that their truest and most faithful friends in the world today are Bible believing Christians whose love for them is unconditional, and beautifully reflects the devotion of Ruth to Naomi.

Finally, it seems significant that Ruth's loving and faithful character became inspiration for drawing out the redemptive grace of Boaz toward Elimelech's widow, Naomi, so that her family line and inheritance were restored and preserved. As their Kinsman Redeemer, Boaz was deeply moved by the humility and faithfulness of Ruth to her mother-in-law, and as such, she can be seen as a type of intercessor between Boaz and Naomi. For if Boaz is pictured as a type of Yeshua (Jesus) our "Kinsman-Redeemer", then Ruth, lying down "at his feet" can be a picture of believers' humble prayers and intercession for the Jewish people entreating the Lamb of God for the mercy which restores us all to the inheritance which belongs to Him. 

Elaine, if in fact, Ruth can be seen as a "type" for Gentile believers, and Naomi, a picture of Israel, restored to her land, but still in bitterness, then Ruth can be an inspiration and a pattern for Christians who love Israel and who recognize her irrevocable calling as a nation. If the faithfulness of Ruth through love and intercession helped to restore Naomi to her true Kinsman-Redeemer, can it also be that the faithfulness and intercession of Gentile believers will be a powerful influence for the restoration of the Jewish people to their "Kinsman-Redeemer, the Messiah Yeshua Himself? Our friendship with Israel in word and in deed, and our prayers, in the midst of global opposition [Zechariah 14:2] will be a powerful testimony for Yeshua, and will help to remove the veil from Jewish eyes concerning His true identity. As we support the restoration of their Land (a Biblical promise), we also help to open the way for the far greater blessing of eternal life. Doing so, we also will be blessed according to these timeless words; "I will bless them that bless thee, and I will curse them that curse thee!"

Arad, Israel

Elaine, who do you know? 

James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Clean your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded.

My wife and I are celebrating our 16 year wedding anniversary today and it would seem that I know her pretty well. But every once in a while, she says or does something that surprises me -- and I think to myself "Wow, I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought!" The more time I spend with her, the more I get to know her -- her heart, her character -- the more we become intimate.

The same is true with any relationship but especially our most important relationship, that is, our relationship with the Lord.

There's really no going around it. True intimacy doesn't come in an instant. It takes time. If we want to be close to the Lord, we must spend time with Him -- getting to know Him -- His heart -- His character.

Do you feel distant from the Lord? Let's commit to spending some special time with Him -- not only making requests and telling Him about our problems, but maybe listening a little. Perhaps there are some things He'd like to tell us! 

Elaine, there is much work to do for the Kingdom! Let's make intimacy with our Father a top priority so that we are able to get that work accomplished!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 18 May 2018, 2:55 pm

Elaine, be transformed this shavuot! 

Leviticus 23:15-17 'And you shall count for yourselves from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering: seven Sabbaths shall be completed. Count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath; then you shall offer a new grain offering to the Lord. You shall bring from your dwellings two wave loaves of two-tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour; they shall be baked with leaven. They are the firstfruits to the Lord.

As the world celebrates the feast of Shavuot this Saturday evening, it's important to understand it's deeper implications for us as believers in Yeshua. In the Torah, the Lord (YHVH) commanded the grain offering on Shavuot, (known as Pentecost among Christians), to be made of the finest flour, baked with yeast, that is, leaven. Leaven, in the Bible, is almost universally, a symbol for "sin", and in the OT is strictly forbidden on the altar of YHVH., yet here, in the Feast of Weeks it is commanded as part of the offering. Just six weeks prior to this festival, Israel had spent a week eating unleavened bread, a clear picture of the connection between the Passover Lamb and the removal of sin from our lives. Now the grain offering for Shavuot contains yeast; two loaves with it. Why? A common interpretation of this for NT believers is that the loaves represent Jews and Gentiles, the two types of redeemed people, who, of course, still contain sin in our lives.

So the sequence of these two spring festivals can be seen to illustrate, on the one hand, our perfect deliverance from sin and death through the Passover Lamb (Yeshua); and subsequently, the reality of our true condition as "leavened loaves" offered to the Lord as "first-fruits". We know that having come to faith in Yeshua (Jesus), cleansed by His shed blood, we stand righteous and perfect in Him; and yet, we constantly struggle with our Adamic nature. In this light, Shavuot begins to emerge as a festival marking and illustrating the opportunity and means for our transformation. The Lord's sending forth of His Holy Spirit at this time awakens and empowers us to change; to be inwardly transformed from the old creation into a new creation.

On the day of Pentecost, 2000 years ago, this transformation process was dynamically accelerated and made accessible to every believer. Baptized with the Holy Spirit of God, and with His fire, our sinful nature with all its impurities and "leaven" takes a back seat to the powerful indwelling of the Spirit of Messiah, so that as we continually pray, walk in obedience, and thus cooperate to be filled with His Spirit, we are sanctified and transformed into His likeness - "from glory to glory", and so become His effective witnesses. Praise God that He works with our issues-- and is transforming us into a bride without wrinkle or spot! 

Elaine, allow the Holy Spirit to burn away the impurity of your sinful nature; to purge out the dross, and deeply penetrate your life. The process can be "firey" and involve some painful sacrifices, but the result is purity and the holiness without which no one will see God. And remember that Yeshua is returning soon, greatly anticipating a bride who is prepared for His arrival!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 17 May 2018, 11:17 am

Elaine, God is not finished with the Jewish people, or with you! 

Jeremiah 31:31-33 "Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah -- not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

As I traveled across the U.S., I occasionally came across individuals who didn't believe that Israel and the Jewish people were relevant to God's redemptive plan. Amazed, I would show them this passage in Jeremiah foretelling how God would make a 'New Covenant' with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah! This scripture, an Old Testament foundation for our entire New Testament, was addressed to the two houses of Israel, yet its fulfillment in the Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) was received by only a (significant) remnant of them, at His first coming.

The apostle Paul, however, unequivocally affirms that this initial remnant of saved Israel carried the Messianic revelation to the entire world and that revelation would eventually be returned to the Jewish people in full measure;

For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written: "The Deliverer will come out of Zion, And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob; For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins." [Romans 11:25-27]

And interestingly, Israel's future inheritance in the New Covenant is highlighted as well by ancient rabbinical commentary on Jeremiah 31:31-32;

"When the time of the advent of the Messiah will be near, then the blessed God will say to him: 'With him I will make a new covenant. And this is the time I will acknowledge Him as my son, saying 'This day have I begotten thee.' [Midrash Tehelim, 3:4]

Indeed ancient rabbis saw in this scripture that the new covenant was connected to Psalm 2 and would be ushered in by the Messiah, who would be God's own son.....hmmm.

Another ancient rabbinical commentary on Jeremiah 31:31,32 says, "He will sit and expound the new Torah (teaching or instruction) which He will give through the Messiah." [MidrashTalpiyot, 58a]

So the testimony of Yeshua, the Son of God, came through the Tenach (Old Testament), Moses, the Prophets and Psalms, which are the scriptures of the Jewish people, and is even supported by rabbinical commentaries. In addition, the entire New Testament (with the possible exception of Luke) was written by Jews. This people, blessed of God in so many ways, and chastened accordingly for their disobedience, is still quite relevant to God's plans. His "gifts and callings are irrevocable" [Romans 11:29]. 

Elaine, God is not finished with Israel or the Jewish people. And thank and praise Him for the faithfulness of that promise, because if He remains faithful to such a disobedient nation, He will also remain faithful to all those called and chosen through the revelation of Israel's Messiah...you and me.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 16 May 2018, 3:30 pm

Elaine, do you have a safe place? 

Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

As some of you may know, a bomb exploded in a bus within blocks of our Jerusalem apartment when we first moved to Israel. That morning, my wife and I, along with our newborn baby, were heading to the city center to run a few errands when suddenly we heard the explosion. Within minutes, the sirens were screaming from every part of the city as officials quickly made their way to the scene. Later that month, the bus I was supposed to be on drove away as I watched it carry away the 50 or so people who would be critically injured and the 8 who would be dead seconds later, when that bus exploded before my very eyes. So, to put it mildly, we have seen firsthand how terrorism works and how it affects people.

People ask us all the time -- "Aren't you afraid to be living in Israel these days?" Truth be told, there aren't too many safe places in this world anymore, are there? However, there is one very safe place we have found, and it's the very safest place there is. You may have heard of it -- it’s called "God's perfect will". We should all be striving to make our home there for the rest of our earthly days.

We may be afraid to go to those places or do those things that God may be calling us today. It could be to share your God-given talents in some far away land, and it could be across the street to help a neighbor. Whatever the case may be, it's easy to get wrapped up in other people's fear, anxiety and criticism. But we have a choice. We can either give in to those fears or stand for the Lord and choose what has called us to do. 

Elaine, let's submit all our fears to the Lord today and choose the latter. I want to live in the will of God, don’t you? He will not leave our side when we step forward to do great things for Him!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 15 May 2018, 11:45 am

Elaine, continue to lift your brother up! 

Exodus 17:9-12 And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men, and go out, fight with Amalek: to morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand. So Joshua did as Moses had said to him, and fought with Amalek: and Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed. But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

We've now received scores of emails from readers around the world who are lifting Israel and specifically the believers here, in prayer, and what an encouragement this outpouring of support has been to us.

When Israel was fighting Amalek, Moses stood on top of the hill overlooking the battle, with his hands lifted high, and as long as they were lifted, Israel prevailed. When his arms became weary and dropped down, the battle went to Amalek; so Aaron and Hur drew up alongside Moses and they lifted up his hands, keeping them raised until sundown because Moses didn't have the strength within him to fight the battle alone. 

Elaine, do you know a brother or sister who's been going through a rough time? Someone you know who really needs prayer? I'm sure we all do. So be an encouragement this week – lift your brother or sister in prayer, stand beside them, and help them through the battle. You never know how your help might affect a far greater spiritual battle they're involved in. And with so much work to be done, remember too, that he who refreshes will himself be refreshed!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 11 May 2018, 1:14 pm

Elaine, let's go deeper!

James 4:7-10 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Be afflicted, and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Why is it that some believers seem to go much deeper in their walk with God than others? I believe it has to do with a desire to pursue God and not to stop until they feel His very presence in their lives. These believers decide not to settle for anything less than a growing, vibrant relationship with God, and God honors that desire for those who seek it.

Much of our walk is determined by how we desire Him. In James, the Lord promises that if you draw near to Him -- He will draw near to you. Our enemy, Satan, uses everything in his power to prevent that vibrant relationship from forming – but press through – press on – because God wants this relationship very much. 

Elaine, as we approach Shavuout (Pentecost), let's set aside this weekend to pray for a break through! Do you want more? I know I want more! God's heart and mind are infinitely deep and there's nothing more precious than knowing Him better and better. So I'm pushing through every obstacle to really show Him how much he means to me. Will you join me? We can do it together -- and together we can change our world around us for His glory! Amen!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 10 May 2018, 10:55 am

Elaine, aoooooo! 

Phillipians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

A friend sent us the following story.

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on in every person. He said, "My son, the battle is between two 'wolves'. One is evil -- it is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good -- it is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed." Need I say anymore?

Elaine, let's start feeding ourselves with those thoughts which edify our spirit, our soul and our minds, that we might flourish for the Lord and do great things for Him -- and the God of peace shall be with you till the end of the age! 

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 May 2018, 12:54 pm

Elaine, spread the good news in power! 

Acts 2:38-39 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call."

One of the greatest moves of God took place in 1727 on the estate of Count Zinzendorf. Count Zinzendorf was a strong believer who was deeply influenced by the faith of his grandmother and aunt. At the tender age of 22, he opened a portion of his estate to refugees seeking asylum from the religious persecution throughout Europe.

After five years, this fledgling settlement of three hundred was growing; but in the midst of their growth, divisions were arising among the brethren over doctrinal issues. Then on May 22, 1727, the Moravians made a covenant with Zinzendorf whereby they committed themselves to the Lord, confessed the sin of religious quarreling, and "sincerely renounced self-love, self-will, and disobedience…deciding, each one, to be led by the Holy Spirit in all things."

Later that same year, on August 13th, after a week of fasting and prayer, the Moravians whose average age was around 30, were gathered, when an outpouring of the Holy Spirit took place. Count Zinzendorf called it the Moravian Pentecost. This led to over one hundred years of continuous prayer, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, which supplied spiritual power to one of the longest sustained outreaches the world has ever known. The revivals led by the Wesley brothers that took place in the United States and England was a direct result of the Moravians. In 1867, one of the earliest missions established in the Modern State of Israel was also fruit of this move of God.

So what can we learn from this amazing revival? First, it began when the brethren laid down their differences and came together in prayer, determined also, to lay down their lives for the Gospel's sake. Secondly, the outpouring of the Spirit is always connected to spreading the Gospel in power, which leads to widespread radical change in the world of that generation.

Elaine, as we approach the festival of Shavuot (Pentecost), let's be stirred with a sense of urgency, also...to lay down our differences as believers, and then lay down our lives for the Gospel, so we can be eagerly expecting to be renewed with the power of God -- not only for our own spiritual quickening, but for all the souls who have yet to receive this awesome gift! With so much work to be done -- let's do it in His Power!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 08 May 2018, 10:46 pm

Elaine, take a leap of faith! 

Luke 17:5-6 And the apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith.” So the Lord said, “If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

The African Impala (an African antelope) are amazing creatures that can jump to a height of over 10 feet and cover a distance greater than 30 feet. Yet Impalas can be kept in a zoo inside an enclosure with a simple 3 foot wall. Why? Impalas will not jump if they can't see where their feet will land. Do we have something in common with these antelopes? Able to take great leaps of faith, but refusing to do it unless we can see where we'll land?

George Mueller said of faith, "Faith does not operate in the realm of the possible. There is no glory for God in that which is humanly possible. Faith begins where man's power ends."

In Biblical terms: "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Elaine, true faith cannot see how the landing will occur...it simply leaps under the conviction that it WILL occur. Remember, Biblical faith begins where our power ends!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 07 May 2018, 10:26 am

Elaine, can't touch this! 

James 4:7 Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Carl Armerding wrote a funny story in Moody Monthly, about his experience at the zoo. "As I stood there," he said, "an attendant entered the cage through a door on the opposite side. He had nothing in his hands but a broom. Carefully closing the door, he proceeded to sweep the floor of the cage."

He observed that the worker had no weapon to ward off an attack by the beast. In fact, when he got to the corner of the cage where the wildcat was lying, he poked the animal with the broom. The wildcat hissed at him and then lay down in another corner of the enclosure.

Armerding remarked to the attendant, "You certainly are a brave man." "No, I ain't brave," he replied as he continued to sweep. "Well, then, that cat must be tame." "No," came the reply, "he ain't tame." "If you aren’t brave and the wildcat isn't tame, then I can't understand why he doesn't attack you." Armerding said the man chuckled, then replied with an air of confidence, "Mister, he's old -- and he ain't got no teeth."

Such is the devil in our lives when we realize that God is for us! We should be like the attendant. He knew that cat couldn’t hurt a fly. Satan will make a big ruckus, fussing and growling all he wants but we need to keep our eyes focused on our Lord. 

Elaine, are you being growled at today? The enemy would love nothing more than to make us feel powerless against him -- but "he ain't got no teeth" next to our Lord! Let's turn to God and put our trust in Him. If God is for us, who can be against us?!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 04 May 2018, 10:45 am

Elaine, understand YOUR part in the salt covenant!

Mark 9:50 Salt is good, but if the salt has lost its saltiness, how will you make it salty again? Have salt in yourselves, and be at peace with one another."

As we continue to probe the lessons from the salt covenant, we now inquire into our part in the covenant.

Yesterday, we spoke of Yeshua (Jesus) as the unique Bread of Life– and His sacrifice our only provision for justification and righteousness.

Now remember that the salt was "added" to the bread as it was broken. This added salt provides a picture of our communion with the Living Bread being joined to Him for a life of holiness and good works. Our saltiness represents the influence we carry into the world through our union with Him. This influence is expressed through the savor of our works. That savor is something He exhorts us not to lose.

The apostle Paul expresses this compound reality clearly; "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." [Ephesians 2:8-10] 

Elaine, our part in the covenant relationship is to be salt to the world -- to be a savor which brings the flavor of our Lord to every encounter; to be a preserving influence in a world of sin and decay; and to be sprinkled around for the gospel's sake. May we remain good salty salt as we walk in all the good works He's prepared for us.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 03 May 2018, 2:25 pm

Elaine, understand the Lord's part in the salt covenant!

2 Cor 5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that we might become the righteousness of God in him.

Yesterday's devotional revealed the salt covenant as a covenant of loyalty; today I want to share an understanding of the Lord's part in this covenant.

Yeshua (Jesus) said He is the "bread of life". It was His body that was broken on our behalf as the substitutionary sacrifice for our sins. Notice that He never once called us to be the "bread of life"! He is the ONLY "Bread of Life" – the true bread who came down from Heaven which anyone may eat and not die. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is His flesh, given for the life of the world.

We must realize that we can ADD NOTHING to His sacrifice. If we begin to believe that any good works can add to His sacrifice then we have nullified the perfection of the Messiah's work which provides our justification by faith alone, not of works lest any man should boast. [Ephesians 2:8-9]

Understanding that you cannot save yourself by any good deeds, and falling wholeheartedly upon the sacrifice of Yeshua to save you, will remove spiritual pride, as you understand that He has provided you with the righteousness and goodness which you possess as a generous gift of His Spirit.

In gratitude you will walk in His freedom, serving the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength! 

Elaine, just as Adam and Eve put on fig leaves to cover their nakedness, we can try to cover our deeply corrupted sinful nature with good deeds or religious activity. None of this is of any use or value if we have not truly eaten the "Bread of Life", Yeshua the Messiah. His free gift of righteousness is the only way we can become good. Once He has provided that, we can begin to do works that are truly pleasing and of great value to our Lord.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 02 May 2018, 11:59 am

Elaine, season with salt! 

Leviticus 2:13 And every offering of your grain offering you shall season with salt; you shall not allow the salt of the covenant of your God to be lacking from your grain offering. With all your offerings you shall offer salt.

For years, when I visited my father-in-law's home in Jerusalem on the Sabbath, we would break bread and bless the bread with the traditional blessing – "Baruch Ata Adonai Eleheynu Melech HaOlam Ha-Motzi Lechem Min Ha'aretz" – which translated means,"Blessed are You Lord our God, King of the Universe, Who has given us bread from the earth". After the blessing, my father-in-law would take salt and sprinkle the challah bread as he broke and passed it to everyone at the table.

I began to understand this blessing only a few years ago, when I stumbled across this verse in Leviticus about adding salt to every grain offering. Mentioned only three times in Scripture, yet this covenant carries deep significance and harmonizes perfectly with our New Covenant understanding of the gospel and its eternal blessing in our lives.

Historically, the salt covenant was used in ancient times as an expression of commitment and loyalty – affirming friendships that would last forever. It was also used in marriage ceremonies demonstrating the pact of enduring loyalty between a man and a woman. 

Elaine, so, the next time you break bread – salt it – reminding yourself not only of the Lord's body that was broken for you – but also of your eternal friendship with Yeshua and your soon coming marriage to Him – all resting soundly on His loyal covenant of love.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 May 2018, 9:30 am

Elaine, how will you focus today?

Phillipians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.

In the 1970s when the Alaskan Pipeline was being constructed many Texans went to Alaska to work on the pipeline alongside the Eskimos, native Alaskans. However, Texans could only work a few hours in the frigid weather, while the Eskimos could easily work for hours on end.

Some scientists decided to do a study to find out why the Eskimos could withstand the weather, while the Texans struggled. The study concluded there were no physiological differences between the Eskimos and the Texans. Then the scientists conducted a psychological study and discovered the difference. The Eskimos experienced the cold, but clearly understood that a job needed to be done. With that mindset, they focused intently on obtaining results rather than how the weather was affecting them. The Texans, on the other hand, were so focused on the cold weather it became their overriding experience of the situation, monopolizing their attention and energy and crippling their capacity to work.

When the Apostle Paul penned these words in Philippians 4:8, exhorting us to meditate on those things which are good etc. -- he was in prison. Yet he clearly had been training himself not to focus on his external circumstances but on everything good, noble and praiseworthy, and especially the Lord Himself! Paul was no stranger to discomfort or the temptation it brings. But he'd learned well that his inward attitude toward difficult external circumstances could dramatically affect the way he experienced them and also his capacity to function in spite of them.

Elaine, focus on how bad things are – the trials, temptations, the circumstances that surround you – and you will be crippled by the amount of attention you give to them. Focus on the Lord, His Word, His promises, His deliverance, and everything good He has done, and will do, and you will work like an Eskimo in the frigid air.

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Apr 2018, 9:42 am

Elaine, which would you choose? 

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

We came across this story, about a man who was slowly losing his memory. After a lengthy examination, the doctor said that a risky operation on his brain might reverse his condition and restore his memory. However, the surgery would be so delicate that a nerve could be severed, causing total blindness.

The surgeon asked, "So, which would you rather have, your sight or your memory?" The man pondered the question for a while and replied, "My sight, because I would rather see where I am going than remember where I have been."

Our enemy is always trying to dig up the past and keep us all bound up in our failures. But be encouraged! Today is a new day! Today and every day we have a choice to make! Like Paul, we must choose to press forward and put aside our past. We must purpose to keep our eyes on the Lord, not on our successes or failures, but upon on what can we do for Him today! 

Elaine, be free from the shackles of the past! Keep your eyes on the prize!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:34 pm

Elaine, feast with the Lord! 

1 Chron. 12:39-40 And they were there with David three days, eating and drinking, for their brethren had prepared for them. Moreover those who were near to them, from as far away as Issachar and Zebulun and Naphtali, were bringing food on donkeys and camels, on mules and oxen--provisions of flour and cakes of figs and cakes of raisins, wine and oil and oxen and sheep abundantly, for there was joy in Israel.

While the mighty men of David were warriors and could fight with the best of them -- they also took time to relax and feast with King David.

There are times when we simply need to take a break from warfare and learn to eat and feast with the Lord! It's during those times that we can be revitalized for the next battle! 

Elaine, even the strongest warriors needed to take a rest -- let's take a cue from David's Mighty Men -- rest ... enjoy Shabbat ... and your weekend ... while you feast with the Lord!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 26 Apr 2018, 2:26 pm

Elaine, perfection is coming! 

Matthew 6:30-34 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today, and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? O you of little faith! Do not worry then, saying, "What shall we eat?" or, "What shall we drink?" or, "What shall we wear?" For after all these things do the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will will worry about itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

In Biblical Hebrew, the verb tenses are not like our "past", "present", and "future" – there are only two: "perfect" and "imperfect". The "imperfect" tense is that which is not yet, not done, or not completed. The "perfect" is that which is done, complete and finished.

The Bible speaks of things that are yet to come in the perfect tense, as if they are already completed; (also called the "prophetic past"). God can have a finished work that hasn’t happened yet -- for example, our salvation! In Messiah, we are a finished work that hasn't happened yet. We are becoming what we are already, in Him.

Yeshua (Jesus) instructed us to pray, "on earth as it is in heaven." Since we (believers) are born from above -- from the finished, perfect work of God, we are already participating in His perfection, though we are still on earth doing His will. 

Elaine, so, reflect on this truth of your already complete perfection in Yeshua. You will look at your problems a little differently -- actually be less worried about them from this "Heavenly" point of view. You may still be working them out with fear and trembling, yet rest in this simple and amazing fact: in Yeshua, they are already resolved!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 25 Apr 2018, 10:50 am

Elaine, counting the omer -- and your blessings! 

Leviticus 23:15-17 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.

In the Tenach (Old Testament), the Lord commanded Israel to count the Omer (the Barley Harvest) beginning the day after the sabbath during Passover, 50 days to the Biblical Festival of Shavuot (Pentecost).

A remarkable fact is that for nearly 2000 years the Jewish people had no homeland, and no harvest to count – yet they continued to count the Omer, counting a harvest that did not exist. Then, about 130 years ago a historical miracle began as the Lord drew the Jewish people back to their ancient homeland, the land of Israel. The land was revived from dusty desert, and the barley harvest was restored, (as well a multitude of other crops), so that now, the Omer is counted as it was in ancient times, with an actual harvest!

Now, if the Jews in diaspora (dispersion) could count the days of a non-existent harvest, in expectation of a divine blessing which they earnestly hoped for, then they set an excellent example for us who trust in the Messiah they gave to the world. Since faith is the conviction of things NOT seen, we, also, can begin to give thanks for blessings we're praying for, but have yet to receive. Our unsaved loved-one, chronic illness, broken relationship, financial disaster, loss of vision.....all these are trials which are testing and maturing our faith.

We can rejoice in them, even as we give thanks in the expectation of victory, restoration, and a harvest of righteousness which is on the way. And may these come to many of us by Shavuot, this year (May 19th-May 20th). 

Elaine, thank the Lord for the blessings you're about to receive -- they're on the way!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Apr 2018, 3:25 pm

Elaine, thaw out! 

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believes on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

An estimated 500,000 tons of water go over Niagara Falls every minute. On March 29, 1948, the falls suddenly stopped. Those who lived near enough heard the overwhelming silence, and immediately they thought it was a sign -- the end of the world had come! However, after thirty hours had passed -- the flow of water resumed.

What happened? Heavy winds had set the ice fields of Lake Erie in motion and tons of ice had jammed the Niagara River entrance near Buffalo. The ice blocked the flow of water until finally, there was a shift in the blockage and the river began flowing again.

The river had stopped flowing because of ice.

If we really want the flow of God’s love, peace, joy, and anointing in our lives -- we cannot allow our hearts to become like ice. If we do, His life-giving current will stop. 

Elaine, let the Lord search your heart for those areas where the ice has built up and needs to thaw out. He will show you where they are if you ask. Our hearts should be burning for Him, so let the river flow.... once again.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Apr 2018, 7:59 pm

Elaine, are you at peace? 

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 

Back in the third century Cyprian the Bishop of Carthage wrote to his friend Donatus: "It is a bad world, Donatus, an incredibly bad world. But I have discovered, in the midst of it, a quiet and holy people who have learned a great secret. They have found a joy, which is a thousand times better than any of the pleasures of our sinful life. They are despised and persecuted, but they care not. They have overcome the world. These people, Donatus, are Christians, and I am one of them."

This is the kind of peace that we are supposed to experience as believers. The kind of peace that people notice, especially when we display it through our troubles. The kind of peace we can attain when we're despised -- when we're persecuted -- when everything is chaotic around us. 

Elaine, yeah, it's a bad world, an incredibly bad world. But we have victory in our Lord. Let's determine to trust God for that victory in a way we haven't before.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 20 Apr 2018, 7:09 pm

Elaine, learn from failure! 

Psalms 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholds him with His hand.

Failure is never a pleasant feeling. It isn’t enjoyable to lose a job, see a relationship falter, or fail a test. But the disappointment we feel when we face defeat can be turned to joy if we look at it the right way!

Thomas Edison was busy working in his laboratory at 2 o'clock one morning when an assistant came into the room and noticed that the inventor was smiling broadly.

"Have you solved the problem?" he asked. "No," replied Edison, "that experiment didn't work at all. Now I can start over again." Edison could have such a confident attitude because he knew that the road to success is often paved with disappointments that serve to extend the road — not to block it. Each failure brought him a little closer to success. 

Elaine, living a life of victory is not about being perfect — because we are human — and will always make mistakes. The key is learning how to get up after we have fallen. It’s natural to make mistakes — but it’s supernatural to learn from those mistakes and move forward!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Apr 2018, 10:16 am

Elaine, don't forget the price that was paid! 

Amos 8:11-12 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

As Israel celebrates Yom Ha'atzmaut – Independence day – Israelis are often reminded of the price that was paid for freedom. But today, in that spirit, I want to recall a time when a heavy price was paid for a translation of our Bible.

William Tyndale, a 16th century Englishman, translated the Bible into English while living in Germany. Finally, in 1525, he was able to publish a New Testament in English. But the church authorities at the time were not pleased and they angrily sought to destroy Tyndale and his translation. Finally, he was caught and brought back to England where he was burned at the stake.

As he was dying, he uttered these words: "Lord open the eyes of the King of England." His prayer became a prophecy, as it was the King of England, King James, who finally did publish the entire Bible in English about a hundred years later.

Our English Bible translations became a reality through William Tyndale's heroic sacrifice and bravery, ultimately at the price of his lifeblood. This Independence Day, don't let your Bible sit on the shelf gathering dust. Considering the cost that was paid so you could read it in your native tongue, let's all take full advantage of this precious gift.

Elaine, the freedom that we so enjoy on this day is only a taste of the real freedom we have in Messiah; the promise of eternal forgiveness and freedom from sin. The cost of that freedom was the precious blood of the savior Yeshua (Jesus). William Tyndale offered his life so we could read about this spiritual freedom in our own language. As we celebrate our earthly freedom this Independence Day, let's not forget to also give thanks for our eternal liberty that we find in our Lord.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 18 Apr 2018, 9:56 am

Elaine, celebrate freedom! 

Romans 6:22 But now having been set free from sin, and having become slaves of God, you have your fruit to holiness, and the end, everlasting life.

Last night began Yom Hazikaron (Memorial Day) as Israelis remember the over 23,000 soldiers who've perished in various wars fought throughout the course of Israel's short history. Even right now, as we write this devotion, again the sirens ring aloud. Everyone in Israel can hear the sirens at this moment and just about all of them will stop what they are doing in remembrance of those who've laid their lives down for this country's freedom.

Today we mourn, but tonight we will celebrate as Israel enters into Yom Ha'atzmaut (Independence Day). Israelis will be in the streets singing, dancing, eating and bopping each other on the head with blue and white blow-up hammers and throwing confetti. Old, young, black and white -- it's really a site to see. I've never seen anything quite like it -- an entire country celebrating together. It is truly a sign of the freedom that has been won for us.

We as believers have been given a freedom far greater than this, however.  Yeshua (Jesus) laid down His life that we might have freedom from sin -- freedom from the chains of darkness, freedom to live as we ought to live, in purity, righteousness, and holiness! How much more should we honor the Lord's sacrifice by living a life that expresses that freedom! We need to be living memorials of His sacrifice as we show forth His freedom in our lives.

Elaine, let's celebrate in the freedom He's provided -- fresh and new today for truly we can glorify in what He's done for us! 

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 17 Apr 2018, 1:17 pm

Elaine, hold the high ground! 

Phillipians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

In the midst of the American Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln called Vicksburg "the key to the Confederacy", and told his generals, "We do not yet have the key in our pocket!"

Taking Vicksburg was a daunting task for the Union Army because of its strategic position atop high cliffs overlooking the Mississippi River. But whoever controlled Vicksburg also controlled the shipping traffic up and down the Mississippi. Some of the bloodiest fighting took place as the Northern Army mounted bold attacks on Southern strongholds fixed atop the highest points. When the Yankees couldn't drive the Confederate army from the high ground -- they finally laid siege to Vicksburg.  After a few months of being under siege they finally surrendered on July 4, 1863.  This battle, along with Gettysburg, was the turning point in the American Civil War.  While the Southern army controlled the high ground, they controlled the battle and when they couldn't be driven off -- they had to be starved off the high ground, and powerfully illustrates how critical the fight for the high ground can be for determining the outcome!

Throughout history, the same principle appears over and over again – he who holds the high ground wins the battle!

This principle of warfare can also be applied to our lives. When we walk in integrity, honesty, purity, holiness, and love – we are maintaining the high ground. However tempting it may be, this is where we must not give in, compromise, or surrender! Because as soon as we begin giving up the high ground of character, losing the battle for holiness...it won't be long before the war overtakes us too. 

Elaine, fight to hold your high ground -- strive to reach the top in your pursuit of God! Whatever the cost -- hold that high position, and soon... victory will be yours!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next