World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 14:56
Latest topics
» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples EmptyToday at 14:01 by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples EmptyToday at 13:51 by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples EmptyToday at 13:49 by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
Daily Disciples EmptyYesterday at 22:45 by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples EmptyYesterday at 22:03 by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples EmptyYesterday at 21:12 by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Daily Disciples EmptyYesterday at 20:27 by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Daily Disciples EmptyYesterday at 17:00 by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:53 by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:46 by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:43 by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 23:02 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 22:51 by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 22:31 by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 20:33 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 20:28 by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Daily Disciples EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024 - 19:04 by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024 - 23:19 by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024 - 23:09 by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Daily Disciples EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024 - 22:57 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 12 Dec 2021 - 16:30

December 12

Today's Reading: Hosea 9; Revelation 3

Today's Thoughts: Consider Your Deeds

"I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." - Revelation 3:1

Companies hire consultants to come into their business to assess and evaluate the services they provide. The goal is to become more efficient, make more product and have better outcomes. Hiring an outsider allows an unbiased opinion without any emotional attachments to the employees involved or the personal dynamics that make up each "excuse" of why the employees do not achieve the company's goal.

In the Book of Revelation, Jesus does not ask for a consultant, like a prophet or angel, to come in to evaluate His church and His people. He clearly and lovingly assesses each church Himself. He starts each letter with the words, "I know your deeds" and then to six out of the seven churches, He says, "But".  Deed is also another word for work, which in the Greek means an act, deed, work that is done or anything accomplished by hand, art, industry or mind. These churches know Jesus because they each have a saving faith to be called and hear what He is saying. So, Jesus speaks to each one about their works, not their faith. And we know that faith without works (or deeds) is dead. However, the Overseer of each church rebukes their works and deeds that follow their faith. The stakes are high. The rebuke is not about losing your job but the shaking of your eternal foundation.

Jesus writes these letters explaining that He understands who they are, where they live, what they do and to six of the churches, how they fall short. Then, He lovingly tells them how to return or be restored. God is also for us. He wants us to be our best and live abundantly. How we live our life here day by day does matter for eternity. For me personally, I do not want any "Buts" when standing before Jesus face-to-face. I want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into My rest." I want all He has for me here and I want to do it and live it His way.

Today, read over Revelation 2-3. Meditate on the verses; ponder His descriptions in your mind. Then ask the Lord which description looks a lot like you. He will honestly and clearly answer and then help you become all He wants you to be. The stakes are too high—take His words seriously.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 Oct 2021 - 22:11

October 31

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 22; Titus 1

Today's Thoughts: The Lesser Blessed the Greater

Then Joseph brought in his father Jacob and set him before Pharaoh; and Jacob blessed Pharaoh. Pharaoh said to Jacob, "How old are you?" And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The days of the years of my pilgrimage are one hundred and thirty years; few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained to the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage." So Jacob blessed Pharaoh, and went out from before Pharaoh. - Genesis 47:7-10

Joseph brought his family to Egypt and introduced his father to Pharaoh. Pharaoh is the head guy…he is the President, the Commander in Chief, the main man. In contrast, Jacob is a wanderer, a sojourner, the father of shepherds and a very old man who had to leave his homeland because he and his family would have died of starvation from the famine. But why do the Scriptures say two times: “Jacob blessed Pharaoh?”  How does that happen? How does the empty bless the full? How does the lesser bless the greater? How does the poor possess more than the rich? How does the average overrule the superior? The answer—GOD.

God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. God reveals His will and His blessings to the childlike. God empowers everyday people to fulfill abundant promises without money, without power and without titles. The prayers and praises of the saints have higher ratings and rewards than the most powerful, self sufficient persons on earth.

We have our logic all mixed up down here. If we really understood the ways of the Lord, we would not be held down by difficulty nor be lifted up with pride. When we fix our eyes on the things that matter, we understand that Jacob’s “evil” years of pilgrimage have an eternal value that weighs more than this nameless Pharaoh who lived a life of luxury on earth.

Do you bless others? You are a child of God, just like Jacob. Jacob blessed Pharaoh because of Jacob’s position in the heavenlies. He blessed Pharaoh because Jacob knew what being blessed really meant. Jacob blessed Pharaoh and today, his life still blesses me. Jacob has done more for me than Pharaoh because Jacob’s family brought to us the greatest blessing of all…Jesus. When we really know Jesus, we truly understand what it is to be blessed so that we can freely bless others. Ask the Lord to use you to bless someone today.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 30 Oct 2021 - 16:11

October 30

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 20; 2 Timothy 4

Today's Thoughts: Do Not be Unequally Yoked

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? - 2 Corinthinas 6:14

This morning, I was thinking about being “unequally yoked.” (2 Corinthians 6:14) What does that really mean? To what extent does it apply? Like: if you are a doctor, are you not to be in partnership with other doctors? If you are a teacher, are you not to consult with other teachers? If you are a student, are you to not sit in a study group with other students who do not share your convictions, your perspectives, your faith?

Then I was thinking about all the marriages where the two do not agree. It is clear that a believer is not to leave the unbeliever if the unbeliever is willing to stay in the marriage (1 Corinthians 7:12-14), so how do you remain separate or unyoked when your spouse does not share your faith? The Answer: It’s a Spirit-led thing.

We have all heard sermons that have given a black and white/right and wrong message on this passage. I have seen well-intended believers make drastic life-changing decisions because of a Sunday Morning message before seeking the individual counsel of the Lord. Sometimes the Sunday sermon does a disservice to the Spirit-led nature of the Word of God. When a pastor or teacher is sharing, he/she is giving a message that should have touched their heart first. The message is also given for the group as a whole so it will be more generic in nature. As a result, the listener needs to be able to take away what the Spirit of God is saying individually to them, not necessarily with the bent the teacher preached it.

God does not lead us as a group like in Exodus with the moving cloud. He changed the rules and said that now all will know Him (Jeremiah 31:34). I love the freedom of the Word of God and I love how the Spirit moves us at different times with different verses. If the Lord brings to mind the verse “do not be unequally yoked,” it is the believer’s responsibility to say back to the Lord, “What are You impressing on my heart to change? And Lord, please give me the wisdom to know how to apply this change to my life.”

When this verse first came to mind this morning, my mind started jumping to conclusions of all the possibilities the Lord might want me to change. But when I slowed down and asked the Lord those questions today, I realized it was about a social gathering that I am planning to attend. No big changes, no large convictions, just a warning to be wise in my conversations. “Do not yoke in thought with someone because your ears enjoyed hearing the words.”

God is patient and kind. When He tells us to flee and to not be unequally yoked, He will also give us the wisdom to change, move, leave as we trust Him. He will not lead us too quickly or too emotionally or too rashly. The Lord is on an eternal clock and we are called to align with Him, not Him with us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Oct 2021 - 22:16

Daily Disciples - October 29
Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 18; 2 Timothy 3
Today’s Thoughts: A New Start
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The word "new" strikes a cord with most of us. There is something inspiring about getting a new anything. Shopping is one of our nation's favorite pastimes, bordering on obsession. We love to buy new things, go to new places, eat at new restaurants—you name it, if it is new, then we are interested. And if all of this is not enough, we can go a step further and get a brand new makeover for ourselves. Today, a person has several options from which to choose for their new look, from whiter teeth to a whole new face. Plastic surgeons are more popular than ever as they give hope of not only a new look, but a new life. People today are desperately seeking something new and are willing to do anything to re-create themselves.

I keep thinking of the phrases "beauty is only skin deep" and "the new will wear off." The basic point in these sayings is this: surface pleasures that bring joy and excitement do not last as they eventually fade away. Our joy is not on the outside but on our inside. Our happiness begins within us. If we are not fulfilled in who we are in ourselves then we will not ever be able to buy enough new things or make ourselves look good enough to fill the emptiness. How do we find this inner joy? How can we find true contentment? Our verse today is one that should give us all great encouragement and hope. Anyone who comes to Jesus Christ is given a brand new start. "All things have become new." What an amazing promise!
Nothing we could ever buy could compare to actually being given a new start in life. Jesus promises us that we not only get a new start, but we become a new creation. We are born again in His Spirit (John 3:3-8) and are forever changed. "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins (Isaiah 43:25). Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, He wipes all of our sins away and we are given a new start with a new life. If you are in Christ, take hold of this promise today. Do not believe the lies of the enemy who will tell you that you are still the same old sinner. Praise the Lord for His mercies and ask Him to teach you day by day how to live as His new creation. Ask the Lord to help you let go of the past and start living for Him today. Go forward, not backward. The Holy Spirit will lead you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Oct 2021 - 21:42

Daily Disciples - October 29
Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 18; 2 Timothy 3
Today’s Thoughts: A New Start
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The word "new" strikes a cord with most of us. There is something inspiring about getting a new anything. Shopping is one of our nation's favorite pastimes, bordering on obsession. We love to buy new things, go to new places, eat at new restaurants—you name it, if it is new, then we are interested. And if all of this is not enough, we can go a step further and get a brand new makeover for ourselves. Today, a person has several options from which to choose for their new look, from whiter teeth to a whole new face. Plastic surgeons are more popular than ever as they give hope of not only a new look, but a new life. People today are desperately seeking something new and are willing to do anything to re-create themselves.

I keep thinking of the phrases "beauty is only skin deep" and "the new will wear off." The basic point in these sayings is this: surface pleasures that bring joy and excitement do not last as they eventually fade away. Our joy is not on the outside but on our inside. Our happiness begins within us. If we are not fulfilled in who we are in ourselves then we will not ever be able to buy enough new things or make ourselves look good enough to fill the emptiness. How do we find this inner joy? How can we find true contentment? Our verse today is one that should give us all great encouragement and hope. Anyone who comes to Jesus Christ is given a brand new start. "All things have become new." What an amazing promise!
Nothing we could ever buy could compare to actually being given a new start in life. Jesus promises us that we not only get a new start, but we become a new creation. We are born again in His Spirit (John 3:3-8) and are forever changed. "I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; and I will not remember your sins (Isaiah 43:25). Once we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, He wipes all of our sins away and we are given a new start with a new life. If you are in Christ, take hold of this promise today. Do not believe the lies of the enemy who will tell you that you are still the same old sinner. Praise the Lord for His mercies and ask Him to teach you day by day how to live as His new creation. Ask the Lord to help you let go of the past and start living for Him today. Go forward, not backward. The Holy Spirit will lead you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Oct 2021 - 15:44

October 28

Today’s Readings: Jeremiah 15; 2 Timothy 2

Today’s Thoughts: Why We Read the Bible

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. - Jeremiah 15:16

The other day, my husband was asked a question by a friend of his at church. The question took him off guard which is why he asked me the same question. The question: Whydo you read the Bible? At first I thought, “What kind of question is that? We all know why we read the Bible.” As believers, we must know this answer or at least have an answer…right? Isn’t the answer obvious, or is this a trick question? But my husband just kept looking at me and waiting on me to answer.  As I thought about it, I realized the answer was not so obvious, not so easy.

So, I took a moment and asked the Lord to help me with my answer, not to sound haughty, but to glorify Him in my response. The verse above came to my mind, one of my life verses. “Your words were found and I ate them, And [they became] to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart.” My response was fairly short as I quoted this verse and said that without God’s Word, I would die. His words are my daily bread, my living water, and the air I breathe. I cannot live without the daily sustenance provided through His precious, living word. And yet I find myself so often wanting more, being hungry for more of Him and knowing how desperate I am without His continual filling. In reading His Word, I find strength to persevere throughout the day as God’s child. I find wisdom in dealing with daily decisions. I find joy that there is more than what this world has to offer. And I find peace because I know that someone really loves me, despite all my shortcomings. When I discipline myself to read His Word, I not only find answers...I find God. 

How would you answer this question? Why do you read the Bible? Go to the Lord today to find your answer. Ask Him to feed you with His Word, to write it on the tablets of your heart, and to fill your heart with joy and rejoicing. If you have not opened your Bible in a while, start today…you may be surprised at what you find. And you never know when someone may ask you, “Why do you read the Bible?” Think about, and pray for, your answer today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Oct 2021 - 13:09

Daily Disciples - October 27

Today’s Readings: Jeremiah 12; 2 Timothy 1

Today’s Thoughts: A Four Letter Word

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

More than once since I committed this verse to memory I have had to embrace it as truth and pray that I not give in to a “spirit of fear.” I have come to believe that the word “fear” really is a four-letter word and should be considered profanity. Wouldn’t it be great if we could somehow have it censored from all of our thoughts and feelings, like bleeping out a bad word? But instead, fear is very much a part of our reality, even more so than we realize or want to admit. I know there are times when being fearful can be a good thing, such as being afraid of doing something that might bring harm or danger. My husband bought me a motorcycle.I spent a significant amount of time preparing to ride it, taking courses, getting my license, but the bike still sat in the garage. I was hindered with fear from riding it.

The spirit of fear as mentioned in 2 Timothy 1:7 is a different kind of fear. This fear hinders what God has given us: His power, love and sound mind. This fear grips us with doubts and insecurities, waging war with our thoughts and feelings. This kind of fear is not of God but of the enemy, the devil. Fear is one of the greatest weapons Satan uses against us, as it attacks our minds. He tells us that we are no good, not worthy, unloved and useless. These thoughts affect us all, he picks on everyone, no one is spared. How can we fight against such thoughts? By believing the truth of the second part of the verse. God through His Holy Spirit has given us power, love and a sound mind, not in our strength but in His.

Are you dealing with fears today that are gripping you so tightly that you feel helpless and hopeless? How can these fears be conquered? Start by praying for the Lord to open your mind and help you understand how to use the power given by His Holy Spirit. The power precedes love, so next pray for your heart to be filled with His love, knowing that His perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18). What a great pair…power and love! Then, ask the Lord to clear your mind and bring to your thoughts His words, taking captive those thoughts not of Him.

O, Lord, I pray that You teach us how to live victorious lives through the empowering love and strength of Your Holy Spirit. And in Jesus name we ask that You break those strongholds of fear that bind us up and keep us from experiencing the peace and joy that You desire for us. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Oct 2021 - 17:26

Daily Disciples - October 26
October 26

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 9; 1 Timothy 6

Today's Thoughts: Fight the Good Fight

"Fight the good fight of the faith." - 1Timothy 6:12

Timothy was a young preacher, mentored by Paul and used in a mighty way to spread the Gospel of Christ. Paul knew how much Timothy's faith would be, and was being, tested. He would have to "fight" to keep going or his faith would be shaken. In our world, the word "fight" is heard so often. We hear of fighting actual wars in numerous areas of the world and we fight battles in our own lives every day. As Christians, we may not always be aware of the battles that we are fighting. Sometimes they are manifested in arguments, disputes and areas of stress in our homes. Sometimes they are internalized battles that rage in our minds, frustrating our thoughts and emotions. Ephesians 6 speaks of the battle as a spiritual war, one that tries and tests our faith to the limit, and to the end of our lives. We must learn how to fight to stay in the faith or we will find ourselves desperately weak and shaken.

So, how do we "fight" this "good fight of the faith?" Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17). If we are not in the Word on a daily basis, then deceiving thoughts and feelings have more opportunity to take root within us. The enemy roams about seeking whom he may devour and we are more easily devoured when we are not standing on the promises of God. But not only do we need to read God's word everyday; but also we need to learn how to use it. We must learn how to fight with it.

I challenge you today to read the Bible with a different perspective. Take certain verses and keep them in your thoughts. Speak them against the enemy forces that may attack you. For example, if a thought comes to you like, "God really doesn't care about what I am going through—where is He?" Read Psalm 139 and speak out the verses. Verses 7 & 8 speak about how God never leaves us; no matter where we go, He is there. Verse 17 tells us how much God thinks about us everyday. Take these verses and fight back. Let the Lord strengthen your faith through His word. You will gain strength spiritually, even when the battles rage. Ultimately you will win in the end. Our Lord and Savior Jesus has already won the war for us and He will be with us in every battle we fight. Just remember to take Him with you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Oct 2021 - 19:30

October 25

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 6; 1 Timothy 5

Today's Thoughts: What Have I Done?

Why has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, They refuse to return. I listened and heard, But they do not speak aright. No man repented of his wickedness, Saying, 'What have I done?' Everyone turned to his own course, As the horse rushes into the battle. -  Jeremiah 8:5-6 

The prophet Jeremiah warned the people to turn from their wickedness and return to the Lord. But Jerusalem carried out their temple rituals, and because of that they really thought they were doing only good things, and serving the Lord. “What have I done?”They were deceived in their thoughts and were perpetually slipping farther away from God. This happens when we start to really believe that we are not that sinful, just because we are doing religious activities. We believe we are getting closer to God but we can actually move away from Him. And the farther we get from God, the harder it is to repent and change.

We live in a world that is filled with deceit and wickedness. The world tells us what is acceptable. If it feels good, then do it. It you feel bad for doing it, then take a pill or do something to make yourself feel better. We have permission from the world to do whatever it takes to make ourselves feel better. Yet, so often, we end up feeling much worse. We can swing like a pendulum, from the heights of happiness to the depths of depression. And if we are not careful, we wake up one day wondering what happened. “What have I done?”

The Christian walk takes one day at a time. Some days are better than others, but every day belongs to the Lord. The only way to walk with the Lord consistently is to spend time with Him everyday. When times are hard and depression creeps in, do not look for the instant fix offered by the world. Turn to the Lord. When you feel good about yourself or things in your life, turn to the Lord and give Him thanks. None of us wants to feel badly, but when the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, we must be willing to repent and to turn from our sin. As we walk daily with the Lord, these convictions keep us from falling into deceitful ways of thinking. Ask the Lord today to help you answer the question: What have I done? You may be surprised at the answer. Listen to the Lord and be willing to change as He guides you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 18:55

October 24

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 3; 1 Timothy 4

Today’s Thoughts: The Valleys of Life

They went up over the mountains; They went down into the valleys, To the place which You founded for them. - Psalm 104:8

In a physical definition, a valley is a low area between two hills, which can range from a few square miles to hundreds or even thousands of square miles in area. It is typically a low-lying area of land, surrounded by higher areas such as mountains or hills. It can also be a path between two mountains, or a depression in a single mountain. It is interesting to note that part of its physical landscape is a “depression.” Metaphorically, we often compare the valleys of life to the more depressing times in our lives. Why do we associate valleys with dark, deep crevasses that we need to dig ourselves out of? Why do we associate the level plains of our days as times of depression? 

We tend to long for the mountain top experiences of life. But even if we find them at times, we do not live there consistently. Let’s face it, we all love our mountain top experiences with God, but they are usually moments in time. We spend most of our days in the valleys. It is a fact—we live in the valleys, day in and day out. And if the greatest amount of our time is spent in the valleys, we need to discover how the Word of God is a “lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path” as we walk through them, holding God’s hand every step of the way. We can find great victory in the valleys when we keep our focus on the Lord and follow where He leads.

If you are in a valley today, pray this prayer:

Dear Lord, I know that You have created the valleys and the mountains. I know that You are with me and that You will never leave me. But, this place that I am in is dark, lonely and scary. I need Your touch, Your hand to guide me, and Your peace to surround me. Please help me to understand all that You have for me in this place and give me the strength to walk through it. Help me to wait on You and to not lose hope. I need Your help today. In Jesus name, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 Oct 2021 - 23:46

Worship sets people free. How much do you worship? When do you worship? Are you able to worship when your circumstances are the very worst, your patience has failed and your confusion is maxed out? Do praise songs come to your mind at the most stressful times? We need to assess our ability to worship because worship will change our lives. We need to train ourselves to worship in all circumstances.

Paul and Silas were beaten, thrown in the inner prison and their feet were fastened in stocks. They were probably in too much pain to sleep, so at midnight they broke out in worship. They did not have a worship leader, instruments, power point, or a radio to sing along to. They probably could not even tap their feet to keep the beat. Paul and Silas may not even have had good singing voices. But from the wellspring of their hearts, their mouths worshipped the Lord despite their circumstances. As a result, other prisoners listened to them and even better, everyone¹s chains were loosed. Worship set prisoners free.

In many ways, you may feel like a prisoner. You may have habits that you cannot break, you may find yourself in circumstances that have not changed, you may feel that God isn¹t answering your prayers. What are you to do? Worship. Worship when you are sad, feel bad, and after you were mad. Worship every day, at work and at play, worship any way. Worship will change your life and if you sing loud enough for others to listen, your worship may set them free as well.

Lord, teach me to worship. Lord, bring songs to my mind so that worship can be my way of life. Change me through worship and allow me to see the fruit of worship in the lives of others around me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 Oct 2021 - 14:51

October 6

Today's Reading: Isaiah 26; Philippians 2

Today's Thoughts: Name Above All Names

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

Have you ever been in a position where you were the only Christian? Possibly now, you may be in the situation that your co-workers, neighbors or family members speak against Christians continually and frequently use His name as a curse word. What are you supposed to do? Our tendency is to try to maintain a position of peace (and so silence), especially where our paycheck is involved. We tend to back down, keep silent and ignore the comments. These actions reveal a person who is powerless and ashamed, even if that is not our intent. We should never appear powerless or ashamed of our Lord!

We need to stop and consider Who Our Lord Jesus is. One day all will bow before Jesus and confess that He is Lord. Every tongue, tribe and nation will be on their knees giving glory to God the Father, just by speaking the name of Jesus Christ. That day is coming and what a glorious day that will be! There will be no more denying Who Jesus is and no more discriminating against those who boldly speak His name. There will be no more hiding, embarrassment or guilt, only praise and pride in praising our Savior. And shame and sorrow, “gnashing of teeth,” to those who did not praise Him now.

Most importantly, stop and consider Who He is to you personally today. Should anyone have the right to discredit Your Lord and Savior at any time or anywhere? Paul tells us in Romans 1:16 that he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes. By succumbing to fear and acting ashamed of the gospel, we fall right into the pit of the devil. Why? Because our power is stifled. To not be ashamed allows the power of God to be released through your words. We represent life. Those who are criticizing represent death. We have the responsibility and we have the power to share the gospel of Christ.

Today, ask the Lord to forgive you for not speaking up and for not speaking out for Him. Today, as you wait for Him to open the door, ask the Lord to give you an opportunity to speak about Him. Today, ask the Lord to teach you to be bold for Him because you do not ever want Him to be ashamed of you. And today, thank the Lord for saving you, forgiving you and giving you His Holy Spirit so His will.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 18:35

September 6

Today's Reading: Psalms 148; 1 Corinthians 15:29-58

Today's Thoughts: Praise Him and Find Victory

Praise Him for His might acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! Psalm 150:2, 6

As we meet and talk with women, we often hear of their struggles, especially in their own thoughts. They feel unworthy to be serving the Lord. Thoughts like, "Who are you to be doing this?" or "Why are you working on this—someone else could do it better?" are common components of mental attacks. These thoughts then trigger certain emotions and the next thing for women is a pit of depression and hopelessness, just what the enemy had planned. The enemy wants you to feel so condemned and depressed that you quit or are too demoralized to minister effectively and powerfully.

Some Christians recognize that these types of thoughts are not of the Lord but they do not know how to stop them. Some of us quote verses, rebuke the devil, and attempt to reason our way out of it with logical comebacks, but still have no real victory. Instead of fighting back, we begin to justify the bad thoughts, thinking that maybe these self-condemning behaviors are from the Lord to keep us humble. Wrong!

Jesus came to give us life to the fullest. He wants us to share in His joy, not wallow in our flesh. We are sinners. We are unworthy to do anything to please God. We are to love Him and to worship Him. Our faith is the only way to please God. It is not for us to dwell on our unworthiness but to praise Him for His willingness to save us.

How can we change this process? Start praising the Lord! Put on praise music, read the psalms aloud (as if you wrote them to the Lord) and worship the Lord. The key is to get our eyes off ourselves and focus on Him. He is worthy and by His blood that cleanses us, we can do all things through Christ, even change those negative thoughts.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 19:43

September 5

Today’s Reading: Psalms 146; 1 Corinthians 15

Today’s Thoughts: Hold Fast

Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel that I preached to you, which also, you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. 1 Corinthians 15:1-2

One day, I spent time with a patient who had just been diagnosed the day before with breast cancer that had spread to her brain, liver and lungs. She was a young woman in her forties. I met her on the Oncology Unit in the hospital where doctors were just beginning a treatment plan. This patient seemed to have a peace. She spoke to me about her signs and symptoms that led up to this diagnosis; she was honest with her emotions and heart’s desires to get better. When I had asked her what her source of strength was during this time, she told me that over 300 people were praying for her and that she had wonderful family members and friends to see her through this difficult time. As the conversation continued, I asked her if she had the assurance of her salvation. I asked her if she had ever accepted Jesus Christ as her personal Lord and Savior. Her answer was quick and confident as she said, “I don’t need to do that because my father is a minister. I have the church’s support.” My heart was grieved for there aren’t any grandchildren in heaven. God wants to adopt sons and daughters into His Kingdom. God desires to personally raise each one of us, to call us each by name and for His kids to call back to Him, “Daddy,” knowing that His arm isn’t too short too save or ear too dull to hear the cry of His own children.

Becoming a child of God and receiving the assurance that you are His child is so easy. However, we resist so hard. In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul lays down the basics of salvation again. A child of God accepts that Jesus came to earth, fully God and fully man, and that He died on a cross for our sins, He was buried and rose from the dead three days later. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father but by Him. His death on the cross allowed sinful man to have a relationship with a Holy God. His resurrection gives us the power to live this earthly life for His purposes, instead of our own. Romans 10:9-13 says, “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth, confession is made unto salvation.” If you want to be sure that you have come to know the Lord Jesus in a personal way, pray this prayer: Lord Jesus, I want to know You personally. Thank You for dying on the cross for my sins and forgiving me. I want you to come into my heart and take control of my life. I want to live for You as I believe You died for me. Thank You for hearing my prayer. I want Your Spirit to fill me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 4 Sep 2021 - 14:22

September 4

Today’s Reading: Psalms 137; 1 Corinthians 13

Today’s Thoughts: Admit Your Fears

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.  - Psalm 56:3

Is it hard for you to admit that you are afraid or fearful of something? Think of the circumstances and people that occupy your mind during the day. Are your thoughts filled with peace or fear? It is difficult to admit as Christians that we are fearful. For some reason we believe that the presence of fear disqualifies the strength of our faith. But it is foolish to believe that Christians are not fearful. Every stage we enter in our walk with the Lord has to shake our faith in order for us to understand the seriousness of the choices at hand. I love the Word of God, the Lord allows us to be honest about our fears and then helps us work through them as we learn from the examples of others as described in His Word.

When reading Psalm 56, we learn that David wrote this Psalm. From what we know about David, we know a boy who could slay a lion and a bear to protect his sheep. Then we know him as a man who was a mighty warrior and wise king. And yet, God allows us to see into this man’s heart and we find that David was a lot like us, struggling with fears at times. But what makes David, “a man after God’s own heart,” was that he knew what to do about his fears. Those fears did not separate him from the Lord or hinder his faith. David had faith amidst the fears. How?

First, David made a conscious effort in prayer to admit to God that he was fearful. As believers, we often tend to not include the Lord in our fears, knowing that we shouldn’t be "fearing" anything but Him. Not David, he understood that the Lord sees and knows all things about us. We can’t hide from the Lord, so why pretend He doesn’t know how we are feeling?

Next, David confidently told the Lord that he chose to trust in Him about those fearful things. So now, think of those things again that are fear inducing in your life. Talk to the Lord about them. Tell Him everything you are thinking. Now, tell the Lord that you choose to trust Him with those very things. You might have to tell Him over and over, but in time, you will train yourself to be like David…a man after God’s own heart.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 3 Sep 2021 - 19:46

September 3

Today’s Reading: Psalms 140; 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Does Your Heart Burn?

Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight. And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?" - Luke 24:31-32

One of my favorite stories in the New Testament is the story of the two on the road to Emmaus. They had heard the account from the women who had gone to the tomb and found it empty. Jesus was gone. His body was not in the tomb. All of their hopes for a king were gone as well. But as they walked and discussed all that had happened, Jesus showed up. Jesus began to question them about what had happened, as they were completely unaware of Whom they were talking to. After breaking bread with them, Jesus vanished and then they knew. Their eyes had been opened to the spiritual realm and they got it. Their hearts burned within them as Jesus talked to them. They understood His Word. The Scriptures came alive to them, just as, "the Word became flesh and dwelt among them" (John 1:14).

Has your heart ever burned within you as if Jesus were speaking to you personally? Jesus left us His Word and His Holy Spirit. Through the Holy Spirit living within our hearts, we can discern spiritual things, and it is only through the Holy Spirit that we can comprehend the Word of God. When we fall in love with His Word, we have fallen in love with Him. We find ourselves unable to get enough of His presence. We just want more of Jesus. It is then that we begin to have our eyes truly opened to know Him personally.

Praise God today that we do not have to hope for an encounter with Jesus. If we have accepted Him into our hearts as our Savior, then we have His Spirit living within us. Through reading and studying the Bible, we can understand His ways and grow in the knowledge of Him. Our lives will change, day by day, from glory to glory. Read Luke chapter 24 today as part of a further study in the Word. Ask the Lord to open your mind to understand the Scriptures. Maybe you will find your heart burning within you, before you are done.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 16:14

September 2

Today’s Readings: Psalms 137; 1 Corinthians 13

Today’s Thoughts: You are Important to God

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. Psalm 139:17-18

How many of us really believe that the God of the universe is thinking kind thoughts about us? Doesn’t He have more important things to think about?  How can He really care about us and be all that this verse says? The key point for us is to realize that God considers us to be veryimportant to Him. If we stop for a moment and consider some of the basics of what the Bible teaches, we may better understand the truth of these verses.

Over and over, the Bible is filled with verses of truth that describe His love for us. John 3:16 tells us that, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son…” for us.  Jesus came to earth, fully man and fully God, to give His life for our sins so that we may know Him personally. As hard as it may be to believe, God loves us so much that all He wants is to be with us; the God of the universe wants a personal relationship with you and me. That is why He thinks about us so much. That is why He never leaves us, even as we sleep. He wants us to know that He is still with us when we wake up.

My dog wakes me up each morning, sometimes earlier than I like. Now, my dog does not have to be let out, he has his own doggy door. He is not hungry or thirsty. He just wants to be with me. He wants to be petted and loved on, even for a few minutes until I am fully awake and then he goes back to sleep. As I wake up, I know that the Lord wants me up too. He has been thinking about me all night, watching over me and waiting on me to get up and be with Him. Mornings spent with the Lord are precious, and it is in those moments that He lets me know just how much He loves me. The Lord does not need anything from me, but He wants my attention and my love, and He gives me so much more in return.

Today, stop and give some time and attention to the Lord. Tell Him you love Him. Thank Him for His thoughts of you and for always being with you. And when in doubt, read the full chapter of Psalm 139…you will be blessed.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 1 Sep 2021 - 18:13

Daily Disciples - September 1
Sep 01

September 1

Today's Reading: Psalms 135; 1 Corinthians 12

Today's Thoughts: Jesus Lives

They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him." Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher) John 20:13-16

Can anyone take the Lord away from us? Mary thought so. Her heart was broken, her Lord was dead and now she thought His body had been taken away. Mary cried deeply, thinking that someone could have taken the only part left of Him away from her. At this point, she did not even notice that angels were speaking to her. She just wanted Jesus back. Even when Jesus was standing (literally) behind her, Mary thought He was the gardener. In her loyalty and despite her depression, Mary was willing to do whatever it would take to "get Him" back.

Her devotion is sincere but how can she serve a dead God? What kind of Lord would we have if others could change His position or steal His body? What kind of God would we serve if we have the ability to lose or misplace Him? That kind of god puts the burden on us, regardless of how devoted or sincere we may be. Thank the Lord Jesus that He arose from the grave. We do not worship a dead god but a living Lord. We worship a God who has placed all the burdens on Himself. We do not have to find Him because He never loses us. And God promises that if we seek Him, we will find Him as He comes to us. We are never lost from His sight. We may not see Him but He is always there, even sometimes from behind.

I love the verse in Isaiah 30:21 that says, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This isthe way, walk in it,' Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left." God does lead us from behind at times and we can feel that we have lost Him. But like Mary in John 20:16, when Jesus calls your name even from behind, you will recognize His voice. Remember to keep seeking Him and desiring to be with Him even if He seems to be missing. You have not lost Him because He can never lose you. He conquered death on a cross and rose again. Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life and He is always with us, leading us in every step.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Aug 2021 - 17:38

August 31

Today's Reading: Psalms 132; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

Today's Thoughts: Exercise Your Faith

After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."  But Abram said, "Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?"  Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!" And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir."  Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."  And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. - Genesis 15:1-6

When God gave Abram the promise that his descendants would be as countless as the stars in the heavens, Abram and Sarai were old and had no children. This promise was still several years away from fulfillment even as the Lord made this covenant with Abram. But despite the circumstances of the current situation, Abram "believed in the Lord" and all that He was telling him. God accounted him as righteous because of his great faith.

It takes incredible faith to believe in a God you have never seen. It takes even more faith to believe in His promises that will directly impact your life. Great faith comes from our resolve to believe in the Lord and who He is, not what we can prove or intellectualize about Him. As a matter of fact, faith can be downright silly in man's eyes, even foolish. Instead of being self-conscious or embarrassed we should all pray to be more foolish in our faith. Why not expect God to move mountains in our lives?

Where is your faith today? Faith is meant to be active, not passive. If we do not keep exercising our faith, we get weak and can be tossed to and fro when the enemy comes to strike. Get into the Word of God on a regular basis and ask the Lord to increase your faith. When you get that sense within your spirit that you need to move, do it…step out and go for it. Sometimes when the fear is the greatest, you have to ask yourself: who is trying to stop you and why? Fear is not of the Lord. So why is the enemy causing you to fear? He does not want you to succeed. Faith brings success.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Aug 2021 - 18:16

Daily Disciples - August 30
2021 August 30

Today’s Reading: Psalms 129; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16

Today’s Thoughts: How often do you read the Bible?

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:31-32

Last week, I picked up the USA Today newspaper. On the bottom corner, there was a USA Today Snapshot that was entitled: How often we read the Bible? I was surprised by the results:

▪    At least once a month         53%
▪    Rarely                                 22%
▪    Never                                  24%
▪    Don’t know                            1%

These percentages imply that the majority of the people in the USA are looking for God through the Bible in some way.  Many of us claim that we had a God-moment or a God-inspired thought. God’s spoken word can even be misinterpreted by our own spin or by the spin of another’s interpretation. But when life circumstances challenge those moments, thoughts or other’s comments, we need something more solid. We need something that speaks right to our heart directly. God’s written word is where 53% of us go to seek encouragement, answers and Truth. It is amazing to me that God’s living Word, Jesus, quoted God’s written Word. If Jesus quoted the Bible, how much more do we need to get familiar with the Bible today?

Bobbye and I wrote a book called “Building Divine Intimacy.” The primary objective was to teach other’s how to have a real relationship with the Lord. Some of the chapters deal with prayer, worship, how to apply the Bible to your daily life and learning to discern God’s voice over all the other voices and noises. We have had amazing testimonies like from Karen, “Thank you so much for writing this book. You finally put in words what my heart was seeking to know.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Aug 2021 - 20:32

Elaine, He's Melech Ha Olam!

Revelation 17:14 These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."

Just about every Hebrew prayer begins by saying, “Baruch Ata Adonai, Eloheinu Melech Ha Olam” which, translated, means, Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the Universe. Now think about it, King of the Universe! Wikipedia defines "universe" as, "the composition of all the planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, and all matter and energy". Hmm…that’s a lot to be king over!

So He’s the King over hundreds of billions of stars, and hundreds of millions of galaxies – the King of everything! Now, this might make this King seem somewhat "out of reach" for you and me. But He's not. Because this King decided to walk into His universe as a little human being so that He could relate to us better. He's big. Bigger than you can imagine. But He's also accessible because He made Himself small too.

Elaine, so, don't worry. The distance and size of God are not a problem for Him or for you. He knows and understands all your thoughts, worries, your fears, your anxieties, and your troubles! And “If God is for us, who can be against us?” So be at peace my friend, and let Him take care of it all. He truly is “Melech Ha Olam” – the King of the Universe, but He's also your best and closest friend.  So be at peace this weekend ... Shabbat Shalom!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ]. However, we've also set up a unique Facebook page for Worthy News. [ Follow us on Facebook ].
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Aug 2021 - 20:31

August 20

Today’s Reading: Psalms 105; 1 Corinthians 3

Today’s Thoughts: Constantly changing

For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made. - Isaiah 57:16

Christianity is like redecorating an older home. When you change the look of one room, suddenly you realize that the rest of the house does not look as good any more. The Lord does the same with us. He starts working on one area of our character and then suddenly we realize that a lot more change is needed.

How do we not get overwhelmed by it all? How do we prevent ourselves from getting discouraged? There are times, after I have been confronted with an issue, that I have wondered how I got along all these years without realizing that change was needed. Other times, after God addresses something, I have wondered why God has decided to work on these aspects of my character now. The saying, "He never gives up on you," is so true. Whether good or bad, the Lord takes you as His own and will make you like His own. He will not give up, even when we ask Him.

The only way to faithfully get through the refining process every day is by understanding the character of God. He is a God of love, patience, kindness and gentleness. He will never lead us where He cannot keep us. But for us to receive more of His blessings, He needs to make sure our own character can handle them. The Lord disciplines those He loves and desires for each of us to live in His abundant blessings. However, there is a level of responsibility with each blessing, and that requires change.

If you find yourself in the fiery furnace right now, find promises on the love of God. Think on these things. You will find yourself yielding to Him, with less resistance and you will get through just fine.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Aug 2021 - 14:20

August 19

Today’s Reading: Psalms 103; 1 Corinthians 2

Today’s Thoughts: Our Father Helps Us

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. - 1 Corinthians 2:3

My children come to me the quickest and the loudest when they are weak, fearful or trembling. Someone knocked them down, something scared them or something just does not "seem fair." As they bare their concerns and worries to my listening ear, they regain composure to walk right back into the same exact situation. Usually nothing has changed, neither the circumstances nor the playmates, but by expressing those concerns to me, they were changed.

We need to remember that God is our heavenly Father.  He is waiting for us to come to Him and bare our souls. It is in those times of weakness, fear and trembling that we need to learn to talk to Him. We need His strength to get back out there again. I pray for this frequently. Why? Because, like Paul, I have found in my walk with Christ that, "when we are weak then He is strong" (2 Corinthians 12:10). God's strength is made perfect, or complete, in weakness.  In times of helplessness and panic, I find hope and peace only when giving those burdens to Christ.  And after sensing His strength and power flowing through that weakness, fear and trembling, I know without a doubt that the living God alone has heard my cry.  The situation or circumstance may not change but I change and when I change, He gets the glory.  

Today, give God whatever situation is making you feel weak, fearful and helpless.  Ask Him to fill you with His power and wisdom.  Ask Him to work a miracle and change the situation, or ask Him to just change you—which also would be a miracle.  Record it and watch what God does. 

Pray about it:  Oh Lord, I pray that You may increase and I may decrease (John 3:30). I pray that your power may be perfected in my weakness, for I know that when I am weak, You are strong.  I want to draw from Your strength today.  Use me for Your glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Aug 2021 - 14:09

August 18

Today's Reading: Psalms 100; 1 Corinthians 1

Today's Thoughts: Thanks be to God

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.          
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, 

And into His courts with praise. 
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting, 
And His truth endures to all generations. - Psalm 100

Let us all be thankful for our freedom and for our founding fathers who laid the God-fearing foundation for this great nation. But above everything else, let us not forget the One who made us. We are God's people—we are His sheep and this nation is still His pasture. Take time today to give Him praise and thanksgiving for the true freedom that we have in His Son Jesus Christ. Make a joyful noise to the Lord! Pray for our nation today. As Christians, we should all be greatly concerned at how our lawmakers are turning away from God in their choices and decisions. God's mercy is everlasting but there is a day of judgment coming. Pray that our nation will turn back to the Lord. One by one, as Christians, we can make a difference. Let's start today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Aug 2021 - 21:44

August 17

Today’s Reading: Psalms 97; Romans 16

Today’s Thoughts: A Gentle Answer

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

If a gentle answer turns away wrath, why do we choose to say harsh words? We hear harsh words everywhere we go. People seem to be so angry these days. The southern California freeways are notoriously known for drivers having "road rage." I do not even want to know what kinds of words are being spoken in the cars of others while driving.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Our mouths are speaking right from our hearts. The difficulty with having a "gentle answer" is that the character trait of self-control has to be developed first. If we look at the fruits of the Spirit, the last one is self-control. It starts with love and ends with self-control. We all have the ability to speak gentle and kind words to each other when we want to be kind and loving. However, we do not want to be gentle and kind when we have been criticized or mistreated. These situations require self-control so we can watch our words and answer with gentleness and kindness.

I pray for self-control daily. Not only do I not want to regret my words, but also I really want my heart to reflect the Lord. I see the Lord's reflection in me when I hear the words that come from my heart. Listen to yourself today. What kind of words do you use? What kind of tone or attitude do you have? Are your words edifying and encouraging or destructive and negative? Then, when you get angry, evaluate your words again. God wants us to have peace: He left it and He gave it. Anger is not a sin but stirring anger up is. Pray for the Lord to take hold of your heart to help you to hold your words. Pray for self-control of your tongue.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next