World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 27 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Haggadah Passover
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE.

Go down

THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE. Empty THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE.

Post  Admin Sun 08 Jan 2023, 1:32 am

Nigel Kerr
THE I AM OF HOLY SCRIPTURE.
Study Helps.
And Jesus went out, and his disciples, into the towns of Caesarea Philippi: and by the way he asked his disciples, saying unto them, Whom do men say that I am?
These are Twelve I AM’s of Scripture I’m sure you can find more, these are pointers for more in-depth study, so that you can be assured you know the answer of the question pose above. These are just Helps to enrich your Bible Study. There is Treasure here waiting for you to find. At each Title I will make a few remarks to point you in certain directions of study that may be profitable.
1 I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE.
I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
Bread in Scripture is the Staff of Life, what we now call the essentials, all meals were based around bread, it was indispensable to Life. The verse here is linking it with the Manna in the Wilderness that fed the Children of Israel. The Holy Spirit is coupling the Bread from Heaven and Christ’s body, given for the world.
2 I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
In this verse the Holy Spirit marks Christ out as the only Light in the believer’s pilgrimage through a dark and dangerous world. A Light to guide, to uncover the pitfalls, direct us out of harms way.
3 BEFORE ABRAHAM I AM.
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
This verse is a statement of Deity to the Jews, which is the reason for their violent reaction, the Jews revered Abraham as the Father of the Nation, the Friend of God, to whom were committed the Covenant of the Land and Seed.
Christ states before him I AM.
4 I AM THE DOOR.
I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
This is the door of the sheepfold, in Bible times shepherds built enclosures to protect against wolves and the like, there would be a gap, a door in and out, at night the shepherd would make his bed in the door, he became the door.
5 I AM THE GOOD SHEPHERD.
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
This is the definition of the Good Shepherd, not only leading and guiding them, seeking them when they are lost, but giving his life for the flock.
6 I AM RESURRECTION AND LIFE.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
The value and Power of Christ’s Resurrection is such that he can make this statement, he personally embodies the Resurrection of the Saints and the sustainer of Life Everlasting.
He then names two categories of Resurrection, 1 those who die in the LORD, raised from the Grave. 2 those who are alive and remain at his coming to the air, who will never see death.
7 I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIFE.
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Believer’s must take hold of the consequences of these statements by the Saviour, THE way, no other way, all others are False. THE truth, all others are lies, false teachings, with their root in the Father of Lies. THE life, any other way leads to death and destruction.
8 I AM THE VINE.
I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
The theme here is abiding in Christ, as a branch separated from the vine withers and dies so the believer is empower, fed and sustain by being in Christ, without him we can do nothing, we are nothing.
9 I AM JESUS.
And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
This is the lowly Jesus who took the form of the servant, and walked the broad acres of this earth, he confronts Saul the persecutor, please note, he does not say thou persecute my sheep or my flock, or my saints, he says, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: this teaches the intimate Union between Christ and his blood bought saints.
10 I AM THE FIRST AND THE LAST.
Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
The Eternal God. The First, before the clocks began to tick out the ever forward moving time, the Last, still the same when the clocks are stopped and time shall be no more.
11 I AM ALIVE FOR EVERMORE.
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Here is the breath of Christ’s life on earth, born into the world, crucified dead and buried, Resurrection into the Power of endless life,  in the value of Christ’s life, death, burial, and resurrection Christ has now the sole authority of death and the Grave, that of opening and shutting.
12 I AM THE ROOT.
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
This links him to the Royal house of David, the throne and Kingdom, the star the herald that he was born King, and of his Kingdom there shall be no end.
Hope these are a help, there’s plenty to uncover, we are your servant for Christ sake.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down