World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
The Inspiration of Scripture EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Inspiration of Scripture

Go down

The Inspiration of Scripture Empty The Inspiration of Scripture

Post  Admin Sat 18 Apr 2009, 12:19 pm

The Inspiration of Scripture
2 Tim 3:14-17 (KJV) But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; {15} And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. {16} All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: {17} That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
INSPIRATION OF SCRIPTURE The actions of God leading to the writing, preservation, and collection of His words to His people into the Bible. The English word inspiration comes from the Latin word "in spiro" which mean "to breath in." Inspiration, then, is the influence of the Holy Spirit upon individuals for the purpose of producing an authoritative record of persons, teaching and events.
Sometimes the inspiration is declared explicitly in Biblical assertions. Jeremiah began his prophecy by writing, Jer 1:4 (KJV) Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying... Throughout his book the formula is used to emphasize his experience of inspiration. At other times, the inspiration is evident in the pervading mood of the scriptural record. The Bible summarizes this by saying, 2 Tim. 3:16 (KJV) All scripture is given by inspiration of God... Often the inspiration is a revelation of that which goes beyond normal human cognitive and experiential knowledge. When this is true, then it is most obvious that the information is divinely inspired. Concerning this, the Bible says, 2 Pet 1:21 (KJV) For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. As indicated in the biblical explanation, inspiration is a divine-human encounter whereby God reveals truth. It is a message from God and of God, as well as through persons and for persons. The Bible is divine in its inception. It is a record of God's self-disclosure as Truth and as the source of all truth. Its special revelation is a disclosure of truth that humans could not comprehend through ordinary thought processes. God revealed Himself to persons He chose. They declared God's attitude toward, His relations with, and His purposes for His people and His world. Inspiration came in the experiences of real men and women with real personalities and problems. A climax to that divine-human encounter is the fact that the Scripture is focused on the divine-human person of Jesus Christ. The evidences of divine inspiration are found internally in the record of God's revelation. Some biblical writers claimed they were verbally inspired. Repeatedly, the prophets have attested of this experience. Isaiah interjected into his report, Isa. 51:15-16 (KJV)And I have put my words into thy mouth But I am the Lord thy God.... . Likewise, Jeremiah wrote, Jer. 1:9 (KJV) And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. In addition to the specific statements in the Scriptures, an abundance of internal evidences show divine inspiration from its content in general. Although the Bible is a collection of books written by at least 40 writers over a period of about 1400 years, it has a unity of subject, structure, and spirit. It contains a consistent system of doctrinal and moral utterances. Its unparalleled treatment of certain themes such as the holy, the true, the good, and the future, are mysterious, authoritative, and practical. This witness of its inspiration is attested by countless thousands of testimonies from individuals who have been transformed by the reading of this Book.
Likewise, many external evidences point to divine inspiration of the Bible. The fact that the Bible is the most widely translated and circulated Book in the world is a testimony of God's providence. This is an amazing record because its early translators were killed, and many of its early readers were imprisoned. Although the Bible has been in existence for almost nineteen centuries, it is still relevant today. Both its quotations and its motifs are found in our literature, oratory, art, music, politics, law, and ethics.
The expressions of human inspiration are a part of the biblical record. Repeatedly, the biblical writers felt compelled to preface their remarks by identifying God as the sole source of their information. Ezekiel informs us that God had said to him, Ezek 2:7 (KJV) And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious. Luke affirmed that his inspiration was tied to his experience of researching the facts about Christ among the eyewitnesses to the events and teachings. He explained, Luke 1:1-4 (KJV) Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, {2} Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; {3} It seemed good to me also, having had perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus, {4} That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed. Paul gives his testimony of how he was a zealous student of the Hebrew religion and writings, but when Christ revealed Himself to him, he went apart to Arabia, presumeably to the area of Mt Sinai, to receive revelation and teaching from the Holy Spirit. He says... Gal 1:13-17 (KJV) For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: {14} And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. {15} But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, {16} To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: {17} Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Gal 4:25 (KJV) For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, On other occasions inspiration came through dreams: Mat 1:20-21 (KJV) But while he (Joseph) thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. {21} And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. At times inspiration came through visions: (Gen 15:1 KJV) After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward. Num 12:6-8 (KJV) And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. {7} My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house. {8} With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently{Heb=in a visible appearance}, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude{Heb=manifestation} of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses? (1 Sam 3:1 KJV) And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision. (Isa 1:1 KJV) The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah. (Ezek 1:1 KJV) Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God. (Dan 2:19-20 KJV) Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven. {20} Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: (Oba 1:1 KJV) The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent among the heathen, Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle. (Nahum 1:1-2 KJV) The burden of Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. {2} God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies. (Hab 2:2-4 KJV) And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. {3} For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry. {4} Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Inspiration came to the Apostle Paul by "permission" to give his opinion, as a man in whom the Spirit of God dwelt: (1 Cor 7:6-7 KJV) (1 Cor 7:12 KJV) But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleasBut I speak this by permission, and not of commandment. {7} For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.ed to dwell with him, let him not put her away. (1 Cor 7:25 KJV) Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful. These many different expressions of inspiration show that God has used many means to accomplish the revealing of His Word. His unlimited power has used a variety of techniques to reveal Himself and to communicate His message. Regardless of the method God used to inspire the individual writers, the result is the same. They wrote the Word of God. This is evident both in the content of each book and also in the preservation of all the books in the canon{recognized authentic books} of the Bible.2 Pet 1:20-21 (KJV) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. {21} For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. Based on a study found in the Holmann Bible Dictionary.
-------------------
For further study, Check out these archives of past devotionals:
http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive-part-2?msg=new&lnk=gcis&hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive/web?hl=enhttp://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive/webhttp://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-archives-part-3/http://groups.google.com/group/ixtheus-devotionals-archive-4
-------------------
IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALSALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE(but not necessarily free of COST)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down