World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyYesterday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
Prayer Please & Need Advice? EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Prayer Please & Need Advice?

2 posters

Go down

Prayer Please & Need Advice? Empty Julie

Post  EphesiansGal2 Wed 08 Jul 2009, 8:13 pm

Hello Sis,
Thinking about your sister in law, it is a control issue with her and a spirit which is contrary to the leading of the Holy Spirit, Who requires that we do not lord it over each other in any way.
How this can happen among the people of God is a very big subject, because if anyone in Christ is resorting to control or manipulation tactics they will be listening to the enemy for their instructions at least part of the time. Worrying!
But we have to face the truth, and even the people nearest and dearest to us are prone to resort to fleshly control in order to get what they think is the right thing.
How do we deal with it?
In my opinion it is best not to play ball, but carry on doing what you know to be right, in spite of the pressure and the temptation to retaliate or to comply.
In the body of Christ, unfortunately, we find some major influences of a demonic spiritual nature which really ought not to be there, such as Jezebel spirit (control and manipulation), Leviathan (pride) and Antichrist (hatred of the Lord, His working and His people).
Part of the solution for us is to recognize our personal vulnerability to these influences on a daily basis, and to put them away. That done, we have only to deal with its influence as it comes against us, and we find that when we have put it away personally, it has no power over us any more.
I hope that helps!
Love in Christ
Mary

EphesiansGal2

Back to top Go down

Prayer Please & Need Advice? Empty Prayer Please & Need Advice?

Post  JulieEvelyn Wed 08 Jul 2009, 3:20 pm

I have a sister in law, who claims by mouth to be a christian. But what comes out of her mouth, is totally opposite. She is mean to me, yells, screams, and what is so difficult you can be talking to her and as long as things go way she wants she talks normally but if you mess it up, she yells, gets mad, and says you dont' follow her directions. She almost treats me as a kid. It makes me so mad. I just try to show mercy and kidness even when it is so difficult, and she is so demeaning to me, and rude in public, that I almost hate going anywhere with her. I see now why the other family has not chosen to do things with her or for her. She wants me to knock my husband's family wich is her family but I won't do it. I just keep my mouth shut. She must think I'm stupid compared to her, and she dont think I know how to follow directions, or do things right.
This friday we have to go to a movie with her, and I am not going to hang out with her after this friday. I will be nice one more time, to her, but I am so upset with her, I just really dont want much to do with her, but I dont know how to tell her, I dont want to be rude, we struggle to get along as it is, and I'm trying to make peace with her but it is nearly 99% impossible! She is so one sideded. What should I do ? How do you pray for someone like this who refuses to be kind, or polite unless things go her way only? She swears too, and that is not fun to be around, my kids dont like to be around her now, and she is the only family member who is reaching out to my girls, to spend time with them, and yet she has to be this way. :evil: I just dont know how to react to this or what to do.
Julie
JulieEvelyn
JulieEvelyn

Back to top Go down