World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Coffee, The New Wonder Drug EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coffee, The New Wonder Drug

Go down

Coffee, The New Wonder Drug Empty Coffee, The New Wonder Drug

Post  Admin Tue 23 Feb 2010, 3:55 pm

HERB-OF-THE-WEEK – 02-20-2010 – Coffee, The New Wonder Drug
Posted by: papa_de_q
Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:42 pm (PST)

Greetings Gang!
As always,
I pray that God blesses me to provide the most accurate information possible.
I pray that God blesses each and every one of us spiritually in such a way where a physical blessing may result and physically in such a way where a spiritual blessing is the end result.
I pray that God blesses us all in such a way, where the source of the blessing is apparent.
This issue is about a common, household "herb" that has recently been discovered to have some marvelous, if not miraculous properties. We're talking the bad boy of foodstuffs…. coffee. Although associated and attributed to almost everything bad from anxiety and insomnia to rising crime and bed wetting it has been very been recently discovered after much research that the benefits far outweigh the risks. Ok – before I get questioning emails – I'm only kidding about the bed wetting and global warming.
More seriously, many of you maybe remember an article I posted on coffee a few years back. But believe you, me, it is worth a second mention, if not a third! So I'll share with you again what all the hoopla is about!
Although coffee is not usually thought of as health food, it seems that coffee reduces the risk of several illnesses including diabetes, heart disease and cirrhosis of the liver. YES CHILLUNS!! Us coffee aficionados can now drink without guilt. And because all of the research shows that most of the health benefits are realized by heavy coffee drinkers of 3-4 cups per day, we can drink with wild abandon. That's truly fantastic. Finally a "vice" I can embrace.
Among the many studies done is one published last year in The Journal of the American Medical Association, which concluded that "….habitual coffee consumption was consistently associated with a lower risk of Type 2 diabetes. Exactly why is not known, but the authors offered several explanations… ."
http://jama. ama-assn. org/cgi/content/ abstract/ 294/1/97
IT SEEMS that i's the coffee!! Tea does not have the same effect. Again, that's just great!!!
And it gets even better according to The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition:
"…In another analysis, published in July in the same journal, researchers found that a typical serving of coffee contains more antioxidants than typical servings of grape juice, blueberries, raspberries and oranges…."
Can it get any better? How's this:
"…These data support the hypothesis that there is an ingredient in coffee that protects against cirrhosis, especially alcoholic cirrhosis…." – Archives Of Internal Medicine
http://archinte. ama-assn. org/cgi/content/ abstract/ 166/11/1190
"…Overall, the research shows that coffee is far more healthful than it is harmful," says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies, which conducts its own medical research and tracks coffee studies from around the world. "For most people, very little bad comes from drinking it, but a lot of good…."
THE FOLLOWING EXCERPT FROM WebMD IS ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE:
At least six studies indicate that people who drink coffee on a regular basis are up to 80% less likely to develop Parkinson's, with three showing the more they drink, the lower the risk. Other research shows that compared to not drinking coffee, at least two cups daily can translate to a 25% reduced risk of colon cancer, an 80% drop in liver cirrhosis risk, and nearly half the risk of gallstones.
http://men.webmd. com/features/ coffee-new- health-food
This gets downright crazy when you consider the following article from WebMD:
Coffee even offsets some of the damage caused by other vices, some research indicates. "People who smoke and are heavy drinkers have less heart disease and liver damage when they regularly consume large amounts of coffee compared to those who don't," says Tomas DePaulis, PhD, research scientist at Vanderbilt University's Institute for Coffee Studies.
I could go on folks but this is such good news that there has to be a down side. So here goes:
"…Iit's clear that coffee isn't for everyone. Its legendary jolt in excess doses -- that is, more than whatever your individual body can tolerate -- can increase nervousness, hand trembling, and cause rapid heartbeat. Coffee may also raise cholesterol levels in some people and may contribute to artery clogging. But most recent large studies show no significant adverse effects on most healthy people, although pregnant women, heart patients, and those at risk for osteoporosis may still be advised to limit or avoid coffee…"
A MATURE CONCLUSION:
"I wouldn't advise people to increase their consumption of coffee in order to lower their risk of disease," Dr. van Dam said, "but the evidence is that for most people without specific conditions, coffee is not detrimental to health. If people enjoy drinking it, it's comforting to know that they don't have to be afraid of negative health effects."
But why take my word for it? It's your health. I invite you to Google any or all of this information.
Another good search engine is www.dogpile. com which will search at least 22 other search engines. Just enter a few keywords separated by a plus sign ("+") research anything that you like.
EXAMPLE: celery + hypertension – try that one and you'd be surprised to learn that just a few stalks of raw celery per day is believed by some to prevent hypertension.
Until next time remember .... most illness (upwards of 80% according
to experts) can be attributed to FOUR important factors that can
weaken your immune system and your ability to fight off disease:
1. Anxiety, depression, anger, resentment, guilt and other STRESS factors
2. Improper and/or inadequate NUTRITION habits
3. A sedentary lifestyle that does not include enough EXERCISE
4. Not enough rest and quality SLEEP time
We ALWAYS recommend that you ALWAYS consult a professional herbalist, naturopathologist or physician. We are just passing along what we hope to be useful information and not claiming to diagnose or cure anything.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down