World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» AISH
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 11:24 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:06 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 12:53 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Admin

» Buried Facts About The Gaza War
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 11:33 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:26 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Coffee Break - Page 15 EmptyThu 16 May 2024, 11:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coffee Break

Page 15 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Go down

Coffee Break - Page 15 Empty Re: Coffee Break

Post  Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

Coffee Break
"It Is Already There"

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

My sister and her husband recently took a cruise to Alaska. We had them over last night to share their pictures and experience with us. My sister was telling us that she was a little seasick the first day. One of the crew members told her to eat a certain variety of apples and it would help with the sea sickness. At that I made a remark about how that when God created the earth He placed in it everything that we would need (even a remedy for sea sickness). My husband jokingly said that there weren't cruise ships around when He created the earth. My response was that God sees ahead and makes provision for! (Jehovah-Jireh) He saw cruise ships long before they were invented.

God is the Beginning and the End. He is the Author and the Finisher. He is the Alpha and Omega. God doesn't have to wait until something happens to then make provision for it. He makes provision way in advance because He sees way in advance, He knows it is coming before it actually comes-- He sees the end from the beginning.

He made provision for the saving of the world before Adam ever sinned. Jesus was the Lamb who was slain before the foundation of the world was ever laid. He made provision for Abraham before he took his son up to the mountain to offer him as a sacrifice by providing a ram in the thicket. He made provision for the children of Israel before they came out of Egypt by having houses already built and vineyards already planted for them in the land they were going to inhabit.

The Lord has not changed. He still makes provision for us today, and not just when the need arises but before the need arises so that when we get to that place of need it will already be there waiting.

Have a great day. God doesn't wait until the need arises to make the provision for it. He sees the need ahead of time and makes provision for it then so that when you get to the need it is already taken care of.

For further reading:
Revelation 13:8; 1:8; 22:13
Genesis 22:13,14
Hebrews 12:2

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Oct 2012, 6:30 pm

Coffee Break
"Never Alone"

"... .I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5b

It doesn't matter where you are- what circumstance you face, what trial you are in- you are not alone the Lord is there with you. He was in the fiery furnace with the three Hebrews- He is in your "fiery furnace" with you also. He was in the lion's den with Daniel- He is in your "lion's den" with you too. He was there when Peter's faith was weak and he began to sink in the sea, He is there in your time of weakness. He was there when the Israelites were hemmed in between the Red Sea and Pharaoh's army- He is there with you when you feel "hemmed in" by overwhelming circumstances and it looks like all odds are against you. He was there with His sheep leading them beside still waters- He is there leading you as well into a place of rest. He is there when you face the valley of the shadow of death, walking with you. He was there with Paul in the storm that caused the ship to wreck. You may feel like your life is a "ship wreck" but He is there with you as He was with Paul.

As I said earlier, "It doesn't matter where you are, you are not alone because the Lord is with you." The Psalmist said it this way-- "I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night- but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. Darkness and light are the same to you." (Psalm 139:7-12- NLT)

When you begin to feel alone, when the circumstances of life make you feel alone, remember that you never are alone. The Lord is with you regardless of where you are and what you are going through because He has promised to never leaver you, nor forsake you.

Have a great day. No matter where you are and what you are going through, you are not alone because the Lord is with you.

For further reading:
Psalm 23
Acts 27:20-23
Daniel 3:23-25
Exodus 14:9,13,14
Daniel 6:19-22

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:13 pm

Coffee Break

"He Immediately Answers"

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee..." Jeremiah 33:3a

A couple of nights ago I was awaken from a sound sleep by a lack of feeling and inability to control my arm and hand. As soon as it woke me up my first thought was to call on Jesus- so I said, "Jesus", out loud. The very instant I called out to Jesus my husband, who was sound asleep, said, "What's the matter?". I told him I had no feeling in my arm. Without hesitation he began to rub my arm and hand. Within just a minute the blood was flowing again and I regained feeling and use. So we turned over and went back to sleep.

I shared this because it was such a beautiful example of the way the Lord does us. When we are in need and call out to Jesus, He is immediately there. He has our answer, knows what to do and begins taking control of the situation. He doesn't hesitate to come to our aid. His ears are attentive to our cries even when we don't think He is there or that He is listening.

Peter knew what I am talking about. "And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him." (Matthew 14:29-31)

Are you going through some sort of difficulty, problem, or concern? Call out to Jesus. As soon as I realized what was happening I called out His name. As soon as Peter began to sink he called out to Jesus. Don't hesitate to call on Him. Don't wait until after you have tried to figure it out or gone through every other source. He is right there beside you and will come to your aid the moment you call to Him.

Have a great day. Don't hesitate to call upon Jesus in your time of need, He won't hesitate to come to your aid.

For further reading:
Psalm 3:4; 120:1

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

Coffee Break
"Goodness And Mercy Are Following"

"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever." Psalm 23:6

I want to look at the portion of the scripture that says, "goodness and mercy shall follow me", and address it. When I think of "following", I think of it in two ways.

The first way that goodness and mercy "follow" is in the sense that not only do they "accompany" me but that I also "leave them behind" me everywhere I go. Our reputations "follow" us- people know who we are because of the things we have done. Do you have the reputation of showing goodness and mercy in the situations you face? Are you leaving goodness and mercy behind you like a footprint a person would leave in the sand that testifies that they were there? As Christians goodness and mercy should always be accompanying our lives. We should be good regardless of the situation, and we should do good to all those we come in contact with. We should also show mercy, mercy to all. Mercy should be there when we deal with people who don't deserve mercy.

Then secondly, God gives us a promise that goodness and mercy shall follow us- they will be our "traveling companions", ever present wherever we go. Goodness and mercy are following us to encourage us in our walk with the Lord. They are "pushing" us from behind to continue to run the race, fight the good fight of faith and keep pressing toward the mark. Their presence is a constant reminder that it was because of God's own goodness and His mercy, not our own and not anything that we did, that we have been forgiven and are now His child. That then gives us the strength to go on.

Goodness and mercy follow us in two ways. One way is for others- to be extended to them as a testimony of Christ in your life. The other way is for you- they are given from God to aid and encourage you in your walk with Him.

Have a great day. Goodness and mercy are following you, and are they following you?

For further reading:
Matthew 5:7
Galatians 6:10; 5:22
Proverbs 11:17
Luke 6:36
Ephesians 5:9

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:50 pm

Coffee Break
"God Is Good"

"Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes." Psalm 119:68

God is accused of many things, but He can never be accused of not being good. He is a good God who does good things. Everything He created in the beginning was good. After each day of creation He looked at what He had created and said it was "good". There was nothing but the goodness of God in the earth until man sinned and opened the door to evil. Even though the good things that God created were tainted by evil at the fall, it did not taint who God was, He still remained to be good and do good.

God's goodness didn't stop just because man sinned. On the contrary, our need now for a way out of what we got ourselves into- sin and death- prompted God's goodness to action. That action was Him sending of His own Son Jesus into the world to bear the sins of mankind. Do you want to see what a picture of God's goodness looks like? Look at the cross.

Even now your need today prompts God's goodness to action on your behalf. If you are suffering, His goodness will show up and give you the comfort and strength that you need. If you are in some sort of physical, material lack His goodness will meet that need.

Why would He be so good to us even though we fail, even when we mess up, even though we don't always do what we should? It is because of who He is-- a good God. Not only is He good and does good to us, but He has also released His goodness to follow us all the days of our lives. So take heart this morning. You may be walking through a valley but His goodness is following you. You may be going through a storm but His goodness is following you. You may be facing pain but His goodness is there still following you. You may be going through a fiery trial, a time of temptation or persecution by your enemies but His goodness is following you. When His goodness is following you, it means that He is following you because you cannot separate God from His goodness.

Have a great day. God is good and He does good and His goodness follows you.

For further reading:
Psalm 23:6; 27:13; 33:5; 73:1
James 1:17
Genesis 1:4

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@ bellsouth. net
October 18, 2012
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

Coffee Break
"God Is Good"

"Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes." Psalm 119:68

God is accused of many things, but He can never be accused of not being good. He is a good God who does good things. Everything He created in the beginning was good. After each day of creation He looked at what He had created and said it was "good". There was nothing but the goodness of God in the earth until man sinned and opened the door to evil. Even though the good things that God created were tainted by evil at the fall, it did not taint who God was, He still remained to be good and do good.

God's goodness didn't stop just because man sinned. On the contrary, our need now for a way out of what we got ourselves into- sin and death- prompted God's goodness to action. That action was Him sending of His own Son Jesus into the world to bear the sins of mankind. Do you want to see what a picture of God's goodness looks like? Look at the cross.

Even now your need today prompts God's goodness to action on your behalf. If you are suffering, His goodness will show up and give you the comfort and strength that you need. If you are in some sort of physical, material lack His goodness will meet that need.

Why would He be so good to us even though we fail, even when we mess up, even though we don't always do what we should? It is because of who He is-- a good God. Not only is He good and does good to us, but He has also released His goodness to follow us all the days of our lives. So take heart this morning. You may be walking through a valley but His goodness is following you. You may be going through a storm but His goodness is following you. You may be facing pain but His goodness is there still following you. You may be going through a fiery trial, a time of temptation or persecution by your enemies but His goodness is following you. When His goodness is following you, it means that He is following you because you cannot separate God from His goodness.

Have a great day. God is good and He does good and His goodness follows you.

For further reading:
Psalm 23:6; 27:13; 33:5; 73:1
James 1:17
Genesis 1:4

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Oct 2012, 4:47 pm

Coffee Beak
"Change Of Plans"

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

Things don't always go according to our plans. Plans tend to fail, obstacles arise and get in the way of our plans, circumstances change that hinder our plans, situations take us in a different direction than we had planned. Health issues, loss of income, death in the family, job transfer, the birth of a child, etc. all affect our plans. Our plans are never in "concrete" as we would like to think they are. Look at the life of Joseph. I am sure he had plans. His plans included growing up in his own home with his father and family, but that was not the case. Instead his life went in a direction he would have never planned-- sold into slavery by his own brothers, spending most of his life in Egypt, being thrown into prison.

When plans change, and not always in what appears to be a good way, if you are a born again child of God there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind. Always remember that your life is in God's hands. He sees all, He knows all, and though the change in plans may have taken you by surprise they have not taken God by surprise. He saw them coming and is working through them to give you "an expected end"-- hope in the midst of the situation.

Remember too that when plans change, it doesn't mean that God is not still in control. Joseph's life went through many changes. Just as he finally accepted his new life in Egypt as a slave, Potiphar's wife lies on him and he is thrown into prison. At that point one would think that God was not in control or that He had abandoned him. But God was always in control because He was always there watching over the entire situation.

Lastly, when plans change not only is God still in control and not taken by surprise at the change in your situation, He is also working even this change of plans together for your good. I didn't say the situation or change was good- slavery, lies told on you, prison was not a good thing- but God can take the change of plans and bring something from it that will work together for good on your behalf. So when your plans change, remember that God has a plan and He can turn the change of plans around for your ultimate good.

Have a great day. Things don't always go according to our plans, but when they change always remember that God is still in control and can work all things together for your good.

For further reading:
Genesis 45:6-8
Romans 8:28
Colossians 3:3

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Oct 2012, 9:19 pm

Coffee Break
"Do It For Yourself"

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

It has been said, "The Lord helps those who help themselves", and "God will not do for you what you can do for yourself". The truth is- we cannot help ourselves and anything that we "can do" is only because God has so graciously enabled us to do so. Jesus said that "without Me you can do nothing". He even confessed that "without the Father I can do nothing". The Bible has made it plain that it is in Him that we "live, move and having our being". Apart from God we wouldn't even exist. "It is He that has made us and not we ourselves". Had He not created us in a certain way we would not be able to do anything-- speak, walk, act, learn, think, etc.

Having said that, let me now say that even though we can literally do nothing apart from God, He has so graciously placed within us the abilities to "do for ourselves". Since He has it is in those areas that we "help ourselves". For example, the Bible tells us to "study to show ourselves approved"- we do the "studying". It tells us to "stir up the gift that is within us"- we do the "stirring". And so on. We are waiting for God to "come down" and do the things for us that He has already enabled us to do. It isn't going to happen. He isn't going to come and place the Bible in your hand and start reading it to you. He isn't going to grab you by the neck and pull you out of bed, dress you and drive you to church. These are all abilities He has given you to do for yourself and He expects you to do them.

The point is that without God imparting abilities within us there would be nothing that we could ever do for ourselves. But since He has we are to do them and not sit around waiting on Him to do them. There are things that He will do for us because we truly cannot. But He has already done everything else for us when He placed the ability within us to do them. So stop waiting for Him and start doing them yourself.

Have a great day. Stop waiting for God to do the things He has given you the ability to do.

For further reading:
John 15:5; 5:19; 8:28
Genesis 1:1, 26
Acts 17:28

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 13 Oct 2012, 8:00 pm

Coffee Break
"The Provision Is Already Made"
"And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen." Genesis 22:14

Today we are going to spend some time thanking the Lord for His provisions.

He has made provision for our salvation- John 3:16
He has made provision for all our needs to be met - Philippians 4:19
He has made provision for our healing- Psalm 103:3; Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24
He has made provision for us to have strength when we are weak- 2 Corinthians 12:9
He has made provision for us to have wisdom- James 1:5
He has made provision so we can have peace of mind- Philippians 4:7
He has made provision for us to be able to walk in victory- 2 Corinthians 2:14
He has provided a way of access into His presence- Hebrews 4:15,16
He has made a provision for us to be forgiven when we miss the mark- 1 John 1:9
He has made provision for us to have abundant life- John 10:10
He has made provision for our comfort in times of grief- 2 Corinthians 1:3,4
He has provided a way of escape in every temptation- 1 Corinthians 10:13

The Heavenly Father is our Provider, therefore, He makes provision for all we need- spirit, soul and body. There is nothing that He has not and does not provide for us His children. What do you need today? He has already made a provision for it, the provision is there just like the ram in the thicket that was there for Abraham. Look to Him, put your trust in Him and when what you need doesn't appear to be there, then boldly with faith proclaim the same thing Abraham did-- "And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide." (Genesis 22:7,8)"

Have a great day. God has already made the provision for everything that you need.

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Visit us on the web:www.mastersbusiness.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:10 am

Coffee Break
"Ripple Effect"

To be honest with you I didn't know if there was going to be a devotional this morning or not. The power company was reconnecting a line yesterday and in the process cut the power to my house. That meant everything shut off, including my computer. For some reason this morning as I have turned it back on it has taken forever to reboot and even the smallest task like typing is in "delay" mode. I have had to wait and wait and wait for windows, screens, etc. to stop "not responding" or freezing up. At some point, actually a couple of times, I had to decide to continue or give up-- I have to be at the shop at a certain time this morning so I don't have the option of being able to sit here all day. What choice should I make? Do I give up or do I continue?

Every choice we make has something attached to it- the end result, a consequence, a blessing, a curse. What will the end result be if I give up and walk away this morning? Will it matter? Will it hurt anything or anyone? Will someone be blessed if I don't give up? Is it in my best interest to continue on? Would it be better to just forget about it and try again another time?

Everyone of us are faced with choices and when we are we should ask ourselves these questions. Often your choices don't only affect you they affect other people. My choice to give up this morning would have meant that no one would receive the devotional. A man's (or woman's) choice to leave his family affects everyone in the household and extended family. When the bread winner in a household makes the choice to look for another job, the livelihood of the family is affected, either in a good way or a bad way. When a person chooses to break the law, those he commits the crime against and his family are all affected by his actions. Your choices have a "ripple effect"- they reach far and wide and affect others and not just yourself.

So what will your choice be? Even in the smallest things your choice should always be to do what is right, to always follow God's word, to always consider how it will affect someone else, and always persevere and don't give up when that is the best choice to make.

Have a great day. Your choices don't only affect you, they have a "ripple effect", so consider before you make them what result it will have.

For further reading:
Joshua 24:15
Isaiah 7:15
Psalm 25:12
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Oct 2012, 4:46 pm

Coffee Break
"Humble"

"Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!" Psalm 113:6

This verse is talking about God and how He humbles Himself to take notice of the things that are in heaven and in earth. You may find it odd that He "humbles" Himself to even look upon the creation, but when you think about it, it isn't. The Creator is so superior to the creation that in order to take notice and be involved God the Creator would have to humble Himself to come down to a lower place. Thus, He humbles Himself to look upon mankind. And not only does He humble Himself in order to even look upon us, He humbled Himself when we came and dwelt among us in the likeness of human flesh. Jesus (God the Son) humbled Himself and took off His heavenly garment and placed upon Himself an earthly one. He humbled Himself and took on the form of a creation. He humbled Himself and became mortal and though He was Life He humbled Himself to death (before He defeated it!). He humbled Himself and became limited to time and space, and vulnerable to hunger and thirst, to accusations, to beatings, and to temptations.

If God Himself, the One who is above all, who is highly exalted, who has a name that is above every name, chose and chooses to humble Himself for our sakes, then why can't we follow His example and humble ourselves before Him and man. Can't you humble yourself in obedience to Him? Can't you humble yourself and turn the other cheek? Can't you humble yourself and let Him take vengeance on your behalf? Can't you humble yourself in the areas you kick against and let go of pride which will eventually lead to destruction? Can't you humble yourself and forgive the one who has hurt you?

They say it takes the "bigger" person to humble themselves and forgive, to humble themselves and do the right thing, to humble themselves and not to fight. There is more truth to that then we realize because when we humble ourselves we are following "The Supremely Bigger One"-- God Himself, because that is exactly what Jesus did.

Have a great day. If God humbles Himself for our sakes, can't we humble ourselves before Him and others.

For further reading:
Philippians 2:1-8
John 1:14
Proverbs 16:18

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 9:25 pm

Coffee Break
"Privileged"

"But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name." John 1:12 (NAS)

The dictionary defines the word privileged as: belonging to a class that enjoys special privileges; favored. We hear that word used in regard to some person who is part of a wealthy family or royalty. These individuals enjoy certain privileges that the rest of us who aren't royalty or wealthy don't. They receive these privileges because they were either born into the family, adopted into it, or married into it.

If you are a born-again child of God then you have been born into, adopted into, and married into God's family. This means you are privileged. And you are privileged with so much more than these people we have been talking about. Being part of God's family entitles you to certain privileges. Among those privileges are access into the Father's presence-- you can come boldly before Him without having to wait for an invitation, without the fear of being turned away, knowing that you can freely and openly talk to Him about anything. You also are privileged to receive certain blessings-- answered prayer, help in time of trouble, grace that is sufficient, strength in weakness, joy that is inexpressible, peace that passes understanding. You have access to all that He has-- you are His heir and a joint-heir with Jesus Christ. You are privileged in the fact that there is no good thing that He will withhold from you, but will give you all things freely. You have been privileged to receive the infilling of the Holy Spirit- the One who comforts, leads, guides, directs, manifests the power of God and cultivates the fruits of righteousness in your life. These are just a few of the privileges that we are entitled to, the list is endless.

There was another definition for privileged: restricted to a select group or individual. While everyone would like to think they are entitled to all of God's blessings, they are not. These privileges are restricted to those who have been born into God's family-- which happens only when we put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior and follow Him as Lord.

To those who have not been born into the family of God, to those who don't follow Jesus, to those who are turning your back on Him, you cannot enjoy these privileges. But I have good news. If you will turn your life over to Him and receive Him as your Savior these privileges become yours too. To those of you who have been born into His family, remember the privileges that you have been given through Jesus and don't live a life of lack- lack of provision, lack of power, lack of victory, lack of abundant life.

Have a great day. If you are a born-again child of God you are a privileged person.

For further reading:
Romans 8:15,17
Hebrews 10:19
Galatians 4:6

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Oct 2012, 10:48 pm

Coffee Break
"Emotions"

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Emotions are the feelings that we all have. They manifest themselves through joy, hate, sorrow, etc. Our emotions are subject to change. We can feel happy one moment and sad the next. Sometimes we even get on an "emotional rollercoaster" and are in a constant state of highs and lows/ups and downs.

While emotions are God-given and not a bad thing we cannot live by them. We cannot let emotions dictate our lives. The Word of God is what dictates our lives. I may not feel very victorious but I am victorious-- more than a conqueror in all things through Christ Jesus. I may not feel loved but I am loved-- loved by God with an everlasting love and nothing can separate me from His love. I may not feel forgiven when I mess up but His forgiveness is sure-- when I confess my sins He is faithful and just to forgive me. It is not about how I feel but about what He says.

If we would learn to start walking in and living our lives according to what God says instead of what our emotions say, then we would see a big change in our whole demeanor, our attitude, our reactions, in our relationships, in our work ethics, in every area of our lives. Put it to the test. Spend the day making conscience decisions to let the Word of God govern your life instead of letting your emotions do so. You will begin to see a difference.

Have a great day. Our emotions are subject to change, therefore, we cannot live our lives being governed by them. We have to let the unchanging Word of God govern our lives.

For further reading:
Jeremiah 31:3
1 John 1:9
Romans 8:35-39

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

Coffee Break
"God Notices"

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Psalm 8:34

When you think about just how vast the universe is and in the scope of things how small we are, it is amazing that God even notices us. But He does. I want to encourage you this morning that God is mindful of you. He sees you. He knows where you are. You are not so small that you have gotten lost from His view-- you aren't lost in the crowd. He notices you-- everything about you from the number of hairs on your head to the tears that you cry.

So when you ask the question, "God, do You even know I exist? Do You know where I am?" The answer is most definitely, "Yes". Yes, He does know. Yes, He does see you. Yes, He does care about you. You may be small in comparison, but never too small that He doesn't know where you are and what you are going through.

Have a great day. You are not so small that God doesn't know where you are.

For further reading:
Psalm 139; 56:8
Matthew 10:30

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break
"Provision"

"Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand." Psalm 37:24

I may not always do the right thing. I may not always stand strong against temptation, but yield instead. I may make mistakes, fall sort, miss the mark or even rebel against what I know to do or not to do. I may sin. But I am thankful that God loves me so much and does not desire that I be destroyed by it.

He knows the battles that I face against the lust of my own flesh and the enemy that wages war against my soul. He remembers that I was made from dust so I do have periods of weakness when I don't stand strong like I should. Therefore, He has made a provision for me to be forgiven, healed and restored when I do.

He has made provision so that we can confess our sins and be cleansed from them. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. " (1 John 1:9) When we fall, we have access to go before His throne of grace and confess our sins to Him with the assurance that He will forgive and cleanse us completely from the offense.

He also has made the provision for us to have an Advocate to plead our case for us when we fall, and in so doing we are declared "not guilty". "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" (1 John 2:1) This Advocate is not just some "state appointed" person to represent us. It is Jesus Christ Himself.

Have you fallen? Have you missed the mark? Have you sinned against God? Then know today that a provision has been made for you to be forgiven. You don't have to stay in that sin. You don't have to stay in the guilt and condemnation of it. You don't have to stay separated from fellowship with the Father because of it. You can partake of His provision and be set free, cleansed, restored, healed, and forgiven.

Have a great day. God has made provision to deal with our sins when we fall so we can be forgiven.

For further reading:
2 Peter 3:9
Hebrews 4:16
Psalm 103:14
John 10:10

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:36 pm

Coffee Break
"Set Up"

"When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then thou knewest my path. In the way wherein I walked have they privily laid a snare for me." Psalm 142:3

I had the "craziest" dream last night- I won't go into detail it would take too long. But there was something that stood out to me that I want to share with you. In the dream I was accused of a serious offence and was going to have to go to court. The attorney who was to represent me told me I needed to drink a soft drink so that when I was tested it would be in my blood stream (I know I warned you that it was crazy!). I don't drink soft drinks- it is a personal preference for me. I could not understand what drinking one had to do with my case but he insisted it would help me. I didn't see how. I didn't want to do it because it was painting a false picture around the events that happened. He was persistent, and so was everyone else around me, that I drink it. I kept resisting because I don't drink them and how could it possibly help anyway. You may think that it is silly that I didn't want to drink it, after all, I could if I wanted to, but I felt it was wrong, it went against my convictions, the whole situation didn't feel right it felt like I was being "set up" instead of helped.

The Lord showed me that it was all about compromise. It seemed like such a small thing-- drinking a soft drink- but everyone in the dream was almost adamant that I should drink it. They told me it was for my good. They told me it would benefit me. They told me it would help me. They told me that it would "save the day" for me. Just give in and do it and everything would work out in my favor.

I have a warning from that dream this morning-- do not compromise even in the smallest area. The little foxes spoil the whole vine. A little leaven leavens the whole lump. A little compromise leads to big problems. Don't give in to the persistent "reasoning's" of the enemy who is disguised as someone who is "for you" and "on your side"- like the attorney in my dream. It is really a "set up" by the enemy to get you to compromise. If he can get you to compromise in the little things, pretty soon you will be compromising in the big things- the things that really do count. Don't listen to his lies when he says-- it is for your benefit to cheat on that test because this grade will help you get that scholarship; it will help you get that promotion if you tell just this one lie for your boss; just one beer won't hurt you it will make you popular; if you really love me you will have sex with me; etc., etc., etc. It all may seem "small" but it carries big consequences.

So don't give in no matter who tells you it is for your good and you will benefit from it. Hold fast, don't compromise, the enemy is setting you up to destroy you instead of help you. Isn't that what he did in the Garden of Eden-- told them it would "help" them (make them like God) if they would eat (compromise God's word) that small piece of fruit?

Have a great day. Don't compromise, the enemy is setting you up with the lie that it is something that will help you.

For further reading:
Genesis 3:1-6
Song of Solomon 2:15
Galatians 5:9

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Visit us on the web:
www.mastersbusiness.org

Coffee Break

"Basics"

"Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works..." Revelation 2:5a

The world has become so complicated. Life is not simple any more. Even mailing a package is not a simple task now days- postal rates are constantly changing, it depends on where you are mailing it to, how much it weighs, priority mail, flat rate, what the contents are, local rate, international rate, etc. It is like that in every area of this ever changing world-- complicated!

It is the same way in the church. It has become complicated with its new "faddish" programs, culture relevance, and social acceptance. It will make you "dizzy" sometimes and cause you to lose sight and focus of what it is really all about. When I got saved and became a babe in Christ, the first thing I was taught was to read my Bible everyday, pray everyday and go to church. These are the basics of Christianity.

I think we need to be reminded from time to time to get back to the basics. If you are feeling dry, if things aren't going right, if you are facing difficulties, if you are feeling confused, check yourself and see if you are practicing the basics. Everything in life builds on the basics. You can't go very far intellectually without the three "R's" (the basics)- Reading, Writing and Arithmetic. You can't bypass or neglect the basics whether it is in baking a cake or working out your own salvation with fear and trembling you have to have them as a foundation.

When the religious leaders had made things so complicated for the people by adding more and more laws for them to follow, Jesus pointed them back to the basics. "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

Don't neglect the basics-- love God with all your heart, soul and mind, read the Bible, pray to God, assemble with other Christians and do it daily and it will remove the complication and confusion.

Have a great day. Get back to the basics, everything else is built on them.

For further reading:
Matthew 22:37-40; 6:33

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Oct 2012, 2:12 pm

Coffee Break
"Junkies"

"Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." 2 Timothy 3:7

When you hear the word 'junkie', it immediately conjures up images of drug addicts, and it should because that is the primary definition of what a junkie is. But there is another definition I want to talk about this morning as defined in the dictionary. Junkie: an ardent and enthusiastic supporter of some person or activity; someone who is so ardently devoted to something that it resembles an addiction; "a golf addict"; "a car nut"; "a bodybuilding freak"; "a news junkie".

I know people who are "religious event junkies". They love going to conferences, seminars, revivals, etc. Each time they hear of one they have their bags already packed and ready to go. I love going to them too so please don't misunderstand what I am going to say. I remember one conference I went to years ago. It lasted for a couple of days. The teaching sessions were held by some of the "biggest names" in the Christianity. The speakers and singers were people who were considered "stars" and someone you would only see on television. It was a glorious time. The atmosphere was electric. The words that came forth were powerfully anointed. The presence of the Lord was heavy in the place. The freedom to worship was amazing. I loved everything about it, I was basking in the glory. It gave me a wonderful feeling for the moment-- I felt "high" spiritually.

A "religious event junkie" is someone who goes from one event (like I have described) to another for that "feel good" experience. They can't get enough of the way it makes them feel- the "goose bumps", the enthusiasm, being in the presence of "big names", the "get away", etc. But what does it do for them after the "high" of the event wears off? Has going changed them at all? Have they really heard what was preached? Are they applying the word and truths they heard to their lives? Are they letting it make them any more like Jesus? I have gone to some of these meetings and seen some Christians exhibiting un-Christ like behavior and attitudes before they ever reach the exit.

If you are strictly going to these meetings because you love the way it makes you feel, but you don't take what you received there and allow God to use it in your life to change you, then you are a "religious events junkie"-- going for the "feeling" but not for the "transformation" .

Have a great day. Are you a "religious events junkie"? Addicted to the feeling you get there but never applying the truths.

For further reading:
James 1:22
Roman 12:1,2

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Visit us on the web:
www.mastersbusiness.org

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:35 pm

Coffee Break
"Stop Running"

"For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance." Romans 11:29

I feel like I have a word this morning that is specifically for a certain individual. It is for someone who is "running" from the call that God has on your life. I am not talking about the person who is in limbo and just not sure if what you are sensing is God or you, so you are waiting and trying the spirits to see if it truly is.

I am talking to someone this morning who knows what God has said but you are refusing to yield to Him. He has told you to go left, but you have gone right. He has told you to go in one direction but you have run in the opposite direction. Like Jonah you have deliberately gotten on a "boat" that is taking you in the totally opposite direction as far away from God's plan as you can get. You keep "kicking against the pricks".

The Lord wants you to know that it is time for you to stop kicking and just surrender. You have gone your own way yet you are wondering if it is too late. He wants me to tell you that it is not too late. His plan for you has not changed, because He does not change (let this part be an encouragement for all who read this not just the individual that I am addressing). Because He does not change, His plan and call upon you does not change. He does not "repent" and change His mind about you. You may have missed it, you may have run, you may have rebelled, but like the father of the prodigal He is standing there waiting for you to return and start acting like and taking the place of His son/daughter/ child. Don't kick any longer. Surrender and yield to His plan. He loves you and is waiting.

Have a great day. God has not changed His mind about you or His plan for you, so stop running from it.

For further reading:
Malachi 3:6
Luke 15:11-24

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

Coffee Break
"When To Praise God"

"...Is any merry? let him sing psalms." James 5:13b

When you have a merry heart and things are going well, you should sing and offer up praises to God. But what about when things aren't going well, when you are facing trials and difficulties, what should you do? The same thing- sing and offer up praises to God.

The fact that you are going through a problem doesn't change the fact that He is worthy of praise. He deserves our praise regardless of the circumstances or situations that we find ourselves in. Why should we praise Him in the storms of life? For three reasons in particular.

1) Praise is a garment. "the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness." (Isaiah 61:3) A garment keeps us warm, covered and feeling unexposed, therefore, less vulnerable. When we don't feel vulnerable, we feel strong and able to either tackle or withstand the problem that we are facing. The word "heaviness" paints a picture of a candle whose flame is about to go out. Praise reignites the flame that is within us so that we can begin to shine brightly again.

2) Praise is a powerful weapon. "And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed." (Acts 16:25,26) Things cannot get any worse than sitting in prison at midnight with your feet in stocks after having been beaten. But instead of complaining, crying, whining and getting mad at God, Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises to God. When they did, an earthquake came and the prison doors flew open and the stocks fell from their feet.

3) The Lord Himself inhabits praise. "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel." (Psalm 22:3) The One who strengthens, who reignites, who sends the earthquake, who opens prison doors, who turns night into day, who calms the raging sea, who quenches the fire, who works all things together for your good, comes and dwells within praise. Praise is the open door that ushers His presence into your situation.

So, are you merry today? Then praise God. Are you doing well? Then praise God. Are you suffering? Then praise God. Are you going through trials and testing? Then Praise God. Praise Him for His strength to make it through it. Praise Him for His power to turn the situation around. Praise Him for being with you.

Have a great day. Praise the Lord at all times--- good times and bad times.

For further reading:
Psalm 34:1

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

Coffee Break

"He Shows Mercy"

"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. " Lamentations 3:22,23

Unlike people who show no mercy or who often extend mercy for a short while, you will always find mercy from the Lord. You may have messed up badly, you may have repeated the same "offense" over and over again, you may keep falling, but as you call out to the Lord from a sincere and repentant heart He shows mercy.

God remembers our frame and knows that we are made from dust. He knows that apart from Him we can do nothing. He knows all there is to know about us and He still loves us. It is the enemy/devil who wants to keep us from God when we know we have messed up and done wrong. He sends his accusations and condemnations to keep us from going to God because he knows we will find forgiveness, mercy, peace and grace from God. He knows that God loves us and desires to forgive and cleanse us and set us back on the right path.

Don't listen to his lies that God won't forgive you, that God is finished with you, that God is tried of hearing your excuses and putting up with your failures. No, it is not God's plan and desire for you to live in defeat and failure. His plan is that you walk in victory in Christ, and His mercy is the avenue that gets you there. So don't stay away from Him, go to Him and you will find mercy, mercy that will give you another chance and raise you up so that you can live victoriously.

Have a great day. God's mercies are always extended to us.

For further reading:
Psalm 103:14; 37:24; 33:22
John 15:5; 10:10; 6:37
Jeremiah 29:11

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:25 pm

Coffee Break
"Temporary Distraction"

"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14

I have set down several times this morning to write the Coffee Break and each time I have I have been interrupted by the cutest little blonde four year you have ever seen. She spent the night with me, her daddy (my son in law) is having surgery this morning-- so your prayers for him are appreciated. Yesterday, I sat down to answer emails from the weekend and my husband wanted to talk with me, so they didn't get answered- yet.

I bring this up because life is full of distractions, and not all distractions are bad or evil but they are distractions nevertheless, and will get you sidetracked if you aren't careful. If you get distracted don't quit and don't give up. Keep pressing forward anyway. Keep coming back over and over again to the place where you were until you progress forward. It takes perseverance, it takes commitment, it takes determination. You will eventually get there if you don't just completely quit and give up. Just like me, I might be a little late but I finally got the devotional finished!

Have a great day. Distractions are only temporary setbacks unless you allow them to be permanent obstacles.

For further reading:
Philippians 4:13
Ephesians 6:18

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:50 am (PDT) . Posted by: "Lorraine" abouthisbusiness Coffee Break

"Name Dropping"

"And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son." John 14:13

Name dropping is a term that is used when someone mentions knowing, or being associated with, someone else who is popular, famous or of status. It is usually done in hopes of making the one doing it seem important. It can also be used to identify people with a common bond. Name dropping has been used to help one gain access into a particular place- "just tell them so-and-so sent you". It has been used to help others gain an audience before authorities.

As I was in prayer the other day I thought about this "name dropping" because when I approach the Heavenly Father, I always do so in the "Name of Jesus". That name gives me "clout" with the Father. It also gives me access into His Presence. It allows me to capture His ear and gives me His attention.

When I "drop/speak" His Name into my situation, it changes. When I speak His name, demons flee, sickness and disease are healed, chains are broken, captives are set free, confusion vanishes. His Name quenches the fire, shuts the mouths' of lions, delivers from the pit, turns night into day, calms the raging sea, stops the storm. His Name gives rest to the weary, seed to the sower, help in time of trouble, strength in weakness, grace that is sufficient. It brings wisdom, blessings, peace, joy, salvation and abundant life.

Some try to "drop/use" His Name as if they know Him. There were seven sons of Sceva who tried to use Jesus' Name in casting out an evil spirit. It didn't work. The evil spirit jumped on them and beat them up because they didn't know the One whose name they were using and the evil spirit knew they didn't know Him. But for those of us who know Jesus personally as Savior and Lord that is not the case. We have the right to "drop" His Name. We are His children, heirs and joint-heirs and are identified with Him.

Have a great day. Every born-again child of God has the right to do some "name dropping" (the Name of Jesus) when we approach the Heavenly Father and face life's trials.

For further reading:
Ephesians 2:9
Acts 19:13-16
Matthew 18:20
Mark 16:17
John 14:14; 15:16; 16:23-26

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

Coffee Break
"Listen And Don't Rebel"

"For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses." Hebrews 3:16

The Lord had miraculously delivered the Israelites from the bondage of Egypt and was bringing them into their own land but they never made it past the wilderness. Why? Because when the Lord spoke to them, they hardened their hearts against His word. As a result they fell into unbelief, murmuring, complaining and rebellion.

God had a place of rest (physically and spiritually) planned for them. No more slavery, no more bondage, no more taskmasters, no more struggling, no more labor. They would posses houses they did not build and crops they did not plant. God had provisions for them. A land that flowed with milk and honey- abundance. He had a plan to prosper them, to give them a hope and a future. Yet all they got was forty years of dry, hot desert and manna.

Had they only listened to and trusted His word; had they just obeyed what He say; had they not tried to reason it out they never would have lived a wasted life in the wilderness and died there. How familiar is that today. God has a plan for us. He desires to bring us into His rest. He desires to give us abundant life as well as eternal life. He is trying to give us good things-- spiritually and physically-- yet we are not listening to and heeding His word. Like them, if we would only listen to Him, believe and do what He says we would not live such wasted life. If we would only listen we could receive the blessings of the "promise land". God is not slack concerning His promises, He can do it. But we can also harden our hearts and not listen, believe or obey. We can keep ourselves from "entering into that rest" that He provides and is desirous to bring us into.

Does that sound like you today? Is He trying to get a blessing to you, is He trying to give you peace, is He speaking to your heart about His plan for you but you aren't listening. You may be "hearing" Him, but "listening", "believing" and "doing" what you hear are two different things. Don't miss the "place" He is wanting to take you into because you are "hardening" your heart through unbelief, doubt and rebellion.

Have a great day. Don't miss God's plan and blessings by hardening your heart to His word.

For further reading:
Psalm 95:7,8
Jeremiah 29:11
Isaiah 1:19

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break
"The Answer is-- Pray"

"Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms." James 5:13

What should we do in times of affliction? What should we do when we are facing trouble, hard times, difficulties or suffering? What should we do when we are in need? The answer is found in three little words from our scripture text-- "let him pray". Wait a minute, did it say to "pray"?

Praying in times of trouble seems to be a foreign idea to most. I think they misread the scripture to say-- let him worry; let him try to figure out a solution; let him seek the help of man; let him lean to his own understanding; let him give up because there is no hope; let him exhaust every resource then pray.

In the minds of many prayer seems to either be too simple a solution or too hard to do, therefore, people try everything else before they will bow their knees to God and seek His help and counsel. Prayer should be the first thing a Christian does. It should not even be a question about what to do. It should come automatically and natural for us.

What do you do when you are in a time of trouble, need, difficulty or want? Is turning to God in prayer the first thing you do or the last thing you do after you have done everything else that you know to do? There is a principal to prayer that we often forget-- "seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added to you." (Matthew 6:33) When we seek Him first in prayer about our situation, everything we need will be given (added) to us. The wisdom we need, the grace we need, the answer we need, the solution, the help we need, will all be given to us. Prayer is the only place where we are guaranteed to get the answer and help that we need when going through affliction. "Ask and ye shall receive".

Have a great day. What do you do when you are in trouble? Do you pray or do you look for another solution?

For further reading:
John 16:23, 24
Matthew 7:7
James 4:2; 5:16
Proverbs 3:5,6

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Sep 2012, 5:18 pm

Coffee Break
"Abundant God"

"...I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10b

There is nothing about God that is little. He is an abundant God who does things, and gives to us, in abundant measure. When we have a need, He supplies all our need "according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus". This means that whatever your need is, He doesn't supply it according to the size of your need but He supplies it according to the size of what He possesses. If you lack wisdom He gives it liberally- not sparingly. When you give, He gives it back "good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over". When you need grace, He gives grace that "much more abounds".

When Jesus walked on earth and He fed the five thousand plus people with the fish and bread, He didn't just give them enough to make their stomachs stop growling, He fed them until they were "full". When He told Peter and the other fishermen to cast their nets on the other side of the boat, the catch was so large that their nets began to break. When Solomon asked for wisdom to govern God's people, God gave him so much wisdom that the Queen of Sheba replied that only "the half had been told" to her.

Why do we tend to ask God for "little/just enough" instead of "all" that we need? We act as if we are going to "bankrupt" Him. We act as if we are asking too much of Him. We act as if we are being "greedy" by asking for "all" our need to be met. He is God who does "exceeding abundantly above all we ask or think". So go to Him with your need today whether it is a need in your spirit, soul or body. He has plenty and will give you plenty enough, and more, to meet it.

Have a great day. God is an abundant God who gives abundantly.

For further reading:
Ephesians 3:20
Romans 5:20
Philippians 4:19
Matthew 14:20
1 Kings 10:7
James 1:5
Luke 6:38

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:36 am

Coffee Break
"Power In The Leftovers"

"When they were filled, he said unto his disciples, Gather up the fragments that remain, that nothing be lost." John 6:12

After Jesus had fed the five thousand plus people with the loaves of bread and fish, He told His disciples to gather up the fragments. In other words, He told them to collect the leftovers. This morning don't take the "leftovers" of God for granted. Don't take even the smallest word from God, the seemingly smallest miracle, the smallest bit of encouragement, etc. for granted. Even the fragments when they are God's fragments are full of power and life.

When the Syrophenician woman came to Jesus, she just wanted the crumbs that fell from His table. She didn't ask for a whole meal or even the leftovers, she asked for the crumbs because she knew there was power to heal and deliver her daughter in even the smallest blessings of the Lord.

There is nothing small or little where God is concerned. Whatever comes from Him- whether it is the "whole" meal or just the "leftovers" it is powerful. Just one word, just one scripture, just one morsel of bread, just one drop of water, just one touch of the Master's hand, just one touch of the hem of His garment, will satisfy the greatest hunger, will deliver from the greatest oppression, will quench the raging furnace, will heal any disease, will bring peace in the greatest storm, will bring rest to the weary, comfort to the hurting and strength to the weak.

All you have this morning may be a "crumb". It might be a "leftover". You may have been holding on to it for a while. It may be just a remnant of a promise He gave you a long time a go. You may have been carrying it around in a basket- in your heart- since the day He spoke to you about a situation, gave you a vision, revealed His will, and so on. You may have been eating on that word for a while trying to keep your faith strong. Don't look at it now and say that there is hardly anything left to it, it is only a fragment- a crumb. Remember that with the "crumbs" of Jesus nothing is wasted or lost-- they are still just as powerful as the whole meal!

Have a great day. There is power even in the crumbs of Jesus' word.

For further reading:
Mark 7:25-30
Matthew 5:18
John 6:1-13
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break
"Perfect Cover"

"And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons." Genesis 3:7

Since the first sin in the garden mankind has always tried to cover his sin on his own. There is only one problem with that-- he can't. Adam tried to sew fig leaves together to cover his nakedness/sin. He grabbed the first thing that was available that he thought would work. We all know what happens to leaves after they are detached from the plant-- they tend to dry out and crumble. Therefore, man would have to continually be replacing it with another one or something else. He never thought about making a covering of animal skins which would have held up better and lasted longer than a leaf. Using an animal skin was God's idea. He knew what it would take to cover man's nakedness. He knew what would take care of it once and for all and would not have to be constantly replaced.

Mankind is still trying to do what Adam did in the garden. He is still trying to come up with his own plan to cover his sin. He is trying to do it through sewing the fig leaves of good deeds and good works together. He is trying to do it through religious rituals. He is trying to do it through self-consciousness and so on. All the things he tries to use will "dry out" and "crumble" and leave him "naked" still. But God chose the "skin" of a Lamb as a covering for our sins that will take care of it once and for all. Of course that Lamb was His own Dear Son Jesus-- the Lamb of God that takes away sin.

Are you trying to cover your sins by your own means and religious devices? Are you trying to "sew" something together to take care of it? Your effort is in vain. There is only one thing that can completely cover, and it was the covering that God chose-- Jesus. Today exchange your inadequate, faulty covering for His that takes care of it once and for all.

Have a great day. All man can do to cover his sins is sew "fig leaves" together that will dry and crumble. But God gave the perfect covering when He gave His Son.

For further reading:
Genesis 3:21
Hebrews 9:11-28; 10:9-14
John 1:29,36

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:25 pm

Coffee Break
"No More Impossibilities"

Our lesson at church last night was on James chapter three. Verse eight says, "no man can tame the tongue". I had written a footnote in my Bible years ago that said, "But by yielding to the Spirit he can". There is much that is impossible for us, but there is nothing that is impossible for God. So as I yield myself to Him those "impossibilities" are no longer impossible.

It may be impossible for me to "tame my tongue" but the Spirit can and will as I yield to Him. Where it was impossible for me to forgive those who have trespassed against me, as I yield myself to God through His love I can now forgive them. I can now turn the other cheek, go the second mile, love my enemies, bless those who curse me, and pray for those who despitefully use me. I can now walk in victory over besetting sins. I can walk in peace and not vengeance.

"All things are possible to him that believes". (Luke 9:23) For the born-again child of God there are no impossibilities, all things become possible. They become possible as we put our faith and trust in the Lord (as we believe on and in Him and His ability). Do I believe that I can do all things through Christ? Do I believe that I can be empowered by Him to do those things that are impossible for me to do in and of myself? If I do believe, I will fully rely upon and yield to Him, then they are no longer impossible because it is no longer me who is doing them, but Christ in me.

Let me sum it up: If we believe that God is able to do those things that are impossible for us to do and we yield ourselves to Him, then those things that were once impossible for us are no longer impossible because it is Him that is doing them through us.

Have a great day. Impossibilities are no longer impossible for us when we believe in and yield to God.

For further reading:
Luke 1:37
Matthew 5:44; 17:20; 19:26

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break

"No More Impossibilities - Part 2"

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

Yesterday we talked about how those things that are impossible for us- like taming the tongue, turning the other cheek, loving our enemies, etc.- become possible as we yield ourselves to the Lord because it is His Spirit working in us that makes it possible for us to do. This morning I want to talk about that a little more.

We tend to forget that when we are born-again, something should begin to happen in us. That something is called "death to self". That means that I am suppose to deny and mortify my flesh. That something is also called "alive to Christ". My life is no longer lived for self, it is lived for God. I must decrease and He must increase. My life is hid with Christ in God. And as the scripture above states- I am crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who am living but Christ is the One who is living through me.

If He is truly living through you, then walking in love toward your enemies is not impossible. Forgiving those who have wronged you is not impossible. Living free from condemnation is not impossible. The reason is because there is no condemnation in Him. There is no unforgiveness in Him. There is no fear, no guilt, no remorse, no bitterness in Him. There is no confusion in Christ- He never doesn't know what to do. He is not wavering either, so you don't have to.

I can walk in wisdom if He is the One who is living through me- and not self- because He has and is wisdom. I can walk in peace because He is peace. I can love the unlovable because He is love and loving through me. I can walk in victory because He has no defeat in Him. So there are no impossibilities for me because there are no impossibilities for Him. But the key is mortifying, crucifying, and denying myself and letting Christ live in and through me. When I do, nothing becomes impossible for me because nothing is impossible for Him.

Have a great day. If I am crucified with Christ and He is living through me, then nothing is impossible for me because nothing is impossible for Him.

For further reading:
Colossians 3:3-5
1 Corinthians 6:20
John 3:30
Romans 8:13

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:38 am

Coffee Break

"Choose Today"

"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

So what are you going to do today, let the enemy keep beating you up over past mistakes and failures? Or are you going to walk in the forgiveness that has so graciously been given to you through Jesus' atoning work? Are you going to let your feelings dictate the way you see yourself? Or are you going to believe what God says about you? Are you going to let your emotions govern your actions? Or are you going to let the One who gives total peace establish His peace in your heart and mind? Are you going to walk in defeat today? Or will you choose to walk in the victory that has already been given to you through Jesus Christ? Will you choose to take the way of the flesh that leads to destruction, fear and confusion? Or will you choose to follow the way of the Spirit that leads to abundant life, peace, joy and righteousness in the Holy Spirit?

There are so many choices that we face everyday. But the choices that I have talked about should be easy ones to make because Jesus already dealt with them at the cross and has made provision for you to walk free of guilt, condemnation, defeat and everything else that would try to stop you from going forward and rejoicing in this day. But nevertheless, the choice is still up to you.

Have a great day. Which way will you choose to go today?

For further reading:
John 10:10
Deuteronomy 30:19
2 Corinthians 2:14
Joshua 24:15
1 John 1:9

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 36 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 36  Next