World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyYesterday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 15 Empty Re: Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Post  Admin Sun 30 Oct 2016, 9:40 pm

Dearly Beloved,

BEFORE IT IS ALSO LEGALIZED...

“You shall not have intimate relations with any animal to be defiledwith it; nor shall a woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is aperversion” (Leviticus 18:23 AMP).

Before I sleep every night, I routinely check my Facebook pages,BlackBerry Messenger and WhatsApp Messenger groups to see if there is anyimportant urgent message to attend to. Recently as I checked one of my WhatsAppgroups, I saw a video clip posted by a married lady. I was, and still am,stunned to see the content of the clip: a man having sex with a DOG! I havenever seen such a bizarre scene before. I removed the sender from the group immediatelyand apologized to other group members. However, many questions came to my mind.How did the lady get the video clip? Why would she send it to any group not totalk of a Christian group that is meant for inspiring messages? As a “single” mother(her husband lives in another city), does she not practice similar things? Howwould a right-thinking man be having sex with an animal? Is this part of thefree world? Will people of deprived mind not legalize this act one day as itbecomes more popular and acceptable in the society? Was this not how sodomy inall its forms gradually became popular and legalized in many countries of theworld? What is this world turning to? (The lady later called me to apologizeclaiming that she did not intend to send the video clip to the group, butrather wanted to send it back to the person that initially sent it to her inorder to warn the person. Nevertheless, the havoc has been done: over 200people in the group have seen the evil video clip.)

I will cry out before this bestial act is also legalized, and I wantpeople that are thinking rightly irrespective of their religions, colour orrace to join me in the cry against this pervasion and abuse of animals. If somehuman beings have become insane in their thinking, why are they abusing animalsin the name of free will? Even, confirmed mad people will not do such a thing! Iknow that if these abused animals could express their minds, they also wouldcry out against this inhuman and bestial act. 

Apart from the biblical verse quoted above, let me refer to someother biblical injunctions against this act: 

“Whoever lies with an animal must be put to death” (Exodus 22:19AMP).

“‘Cursed is he who is intimate with any animal.’ And all the peopleshall say, ‘Amen’” (Deuteronomy 27:21 AMP).

“If a man has intimate relations with an animal, he shall mostcertainly be put to death; you shall kill the animal also. If a womanapproaches any animal to mate with it, you shall kill the woman and the animal;they shall most certainly be put to death; their blood is on them” (Leviticus20:15-16 AMP).

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit or have anyshare in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral,nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate [by perversion], nor those whoparticipate in homosexuality” (1 Corinthians 6:9 AMP).

“Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their own hearts to[sexual] impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them[abandoning them to the degrading power of sin], because [by choice] theyexchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creaturerather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen” (Romans 1:24-25 AMP).

What is not good is NOT good. A word is enough for the wise!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will join other right-thinking man tostand against these perverse acts.

Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Oct 2016, 7:59 pm

Dearly Beloved,
'TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS!"
My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel. In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed" (Psalm 22:1-5 NIV).The story of Louisa M. R. Stead (1850–1917) touched my heart the day I read it. She was relaxing with her husband and their four-year-old daughter on beach when they heard a desperate boy’s cry. The boy was drowning, and Louisa’s husband tried to rescue him. In the process, however, the boy pulled Mr. Stead under the water, and both drowned as Louisa and her daughter watched. Louisa Stead was left with no means of support except the Lord. She and her daughter experienced dire poverty. One morning, when she had neither funds nor food for the day, she opened the front door and found that someone had left food and money on her doorstep. That day she wrote the hymn, "TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS."Many people, including me, have trusted Jesus Christ in the time of needs, and He has proved Himself by miraculously meeting the needs. He never disappoints those who genuinely trust in Him. In spite of his predicament, the psalmist in Psalm 22 recounted how God has saved those that trusted in Him. No wonder, Louisa Stead could write, "Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him; how I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more."Total trust in Jesus Christ will lead to the Lord’s unfailing love (Psalm 32:10), perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3), blessings (Isaiah 57:13), happiness (Proverbs 16:20), joy in the Lord (Psalm 5:11; 33:21), fulfilment of godly desires (Psalm 37:5), deliverance from enemies (Psalm 37:40), safety in times of danger (Proverbs 30:25), stability (Psalm 125:1), prosperity (Proverbs 28:25), etc.What is your own predicament? Does it seem that God has forsaken you? Have you put your total trust in Jesus Christ? He will meet you at the point of your need. Trust Him! You also will sing like Louisa Stead, "TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS."In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to put your trust in Jesus and enjoy the sweetness in trusting Him._________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Oct 2016, 8:43 pm

Dearly Beloved
,WHEN IT SEEMS THERE IS NO MORE HOPE"
While Jesus was still speaking, some men came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. ‘Your daughter is dead,’ they said. ‘Why bother the teacher any more?’ Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, ‘Don't be afraid; just believe’" (Mark 5:35-36 NIV).The daughter of a synagogue ruler was dying. The man came to Jesus Christ and pleaded that Jesus should come and heal her. Jesus responded immediately to the distressed call and followed the man to his home. However, there was an interruption on the way: another woman tapped a healing from Jesus Christ by mere touching His clothes. As Jesus was apparently pointing out the miracle to people that were following Him, some men came from the synagogue ruler’s house to tell him the sad news: his daughter was dead, and there was no need of bothering Jesus to come and heal her. To those men, there was no more hope for the daughter and her father. Nevertheless, Jesus encouraged the ruler, and went with him to his house to do the unexpected: raising the daughter from the dead!At times, many people have found themselves in similar situations. They might have been praying to God for a particular thing. It seemed that He was about to answer their prayers, and alas, the unexpected happened. It seemed that there was no more hope. In fact, such people might have lost hope in the situation. Such situation might have led such people to be angry with God or even deny His existence. Why would He allow the situation to become hopeless? Why could He not act fast and demonstrate His power to save the situation?Well, as Jesus did not focus on the seemingly hopeless situation of the synagogue ruler, but rather encouraged him not to be afraid but to believe in God, such people ought not to focus on their seemingly hopeless situation, but on God who is able to do all things. Jesus told Martha (another woman in a similar situation), "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40 NIV).Are you in similar situation? Does it seem that there is no more hope for you? Have people around you written you off? Jesus is telling you today, "Don’t be afraid; just believe." He can turn that seemingly hopeless situation to a testimony. When it seems there is no more hope, just believe in Him and you will see the glory of God. You will indeed testify to His goodness over that situation in Jesus’ name. Amen.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that the Lord will arise to your situation when it seems there is no more hope for you. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Oct 2016, 8:57 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST?"
But King Solomon loved many foreign women, as well as the daughter of Pharaoh: women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hittites.... his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the Lord his God, as was the heart of his father David" (1 Kings 11:1, 4 NKJV).He was the richest king in his time. There was, and still is, no one as wise as this king. God favoured him above all other kings. God had determined to establish his kingdom forever. However, because of what he loved, his kingdom crumbled.That was king Solomon whom God endowed with greatness in wisdom, understanding and even wealth. Apart from the written Law of Moses that was guiding the people of Israel that he was leading, God appeared to him twice to warn him to keep these commands. Yet, Solomon loved foreign women and made them to turn his heart from his God.Having many wives (especially foreign) for a king is not a new thing. It is a diplomatic way of establishing one's kingdom. Nevertheless, it is not the God's way. That way caused the fall of Solomon.What do you also love most? The thing may be legitimate and permissible, but is it beneficial? Is it constructive? Is it God's will for you? Would God be happy with that thing that you love most?Apostle Paul warned the Corinthians twice: “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any” and “All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me,[b] but not all things edify” (1 Corinthians 6:12; 10:23  NKJV).Be careful lest the thing you love becomes your master and turn you away from God.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that what you love will not turn you away from your God. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Oct 2016, 5:21 pm

Dearly Beloved,
THINGS OFFERED TO IDOLS
"Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one" (1 Corinthians 8:4 NKJV).The ancient city of Corinth was a cosmopolitan city. This made the young church in the city to have many socio-cultural problems. Paul had to write many letters to them to address some of the problems that confronted the church. One of such problems addressed by Paul in 1 Corinthians 8 had to do with things offered to idols. These were by and large meat offered in sacrifice, and then either brought for sale in the market, or served up at the feasts held in honour of idols, at their temples, or at the houses of their adherents. Some of the Corinthian Christians were of the opinion that it does not matter to eat such meat especially one bought in market; others opined that it does matter and that it can become a stumbling-block to young Christians. Of most concern was the meat offered to idols and later used to entertain people. Should a Christian partake in such entertainment?Well, to Paul, even the idols are nothing compared to God, the Creator of the universe. The idols are just mere gods. So, eating things offered to idols does not matter. However, because of conscience, especially of the young and weak Christians, one may abstain from eating such things offered to idols.What are the things seemingly offered to idols around you? These may not necessarily be meat or food used in shrines, but day-to-day activities that are controversial and that may cause young and weak Christians to stumble. What is your opinion about such things?Paul later gave this instruction: “‘Everything is permissible’ -- but not everything is beneficial. ‘Everything is permissible’ -- but not everything is constructive. Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.... So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God?" (1 Corinthians 10:23-32 NIV. Read Romans 14 for Paul's further instruction on this matter).In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Lord, do not let me cause others to stumble by my actions and words, but let my actions and words always glorify you, Lord, and build up others around me. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Sep 2016, 4:37 pm

Dearly Beloved,

EVEN IN GOD'S WILL"During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, `Come over to Macedonia and help us.' After Paul had seen the vision, we got ready at once to leave for Macedonia, concluding that God had called us to preach the gospel to them" (Acts 16:9-10 NIV).The intention of Paul and his companion during his second missionary journey was to continue their missionary activities in the region of Phrygia and Galatia, but the Holy Spirit did not allow them to. When they tried to go to another place, they were again prevented by the Holy Spirit. However, God led them to go to the region of Macedonia. They had a successful ministry in this region until an ugly thing happened - Paul and Silas were arrested, hurriedly tried, beating publicly, and unjustly imprisoned for delivering a slave girl from an evil spirit.One may wonder why Paul and his companions should have such nasty experience when they were in the right place where God wanted them to be. Why should they suffer injustice when they were doing the will of God? Nevertheless, God glorified Himself in the situation and many more souls were won for Him (see Acts 16:25-40).A similar situation occurred in Acts 18. God categorically told Paul: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no-one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city" (Acts 18:9-10 NIV). In obedience to this, Paul stayed in Corinth for one and half years. Notwithstanding this, there was a persecution. Some Jews tried to prosecute him, but God indeed rescued him from them. Are you passing through one suffering or persecution even when you are sure that you are in the will of God? Do not be discouraged! Suffering and persecution have been part and parcel of the gospel. "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted" (2 Timothy 3:12 NIV. See also Matthew 5:11, 12; Mark 10:30; Acts 14:22; Romans 5:3; 2 Timothy 2:12; James 1:2-4, 12; 5:11; 1 Peter 4:12-16). Jesus says, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33 NIV). Even in God's will, there are persecution and hardship, but God will use the persecution and hardship to glorify Himself in your life.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Requests:1. God, let me always be in your will so that even if persecution or suffering comes, it will be to your glory. 2. Always assure me of your presence in persecution and hardship in Jesus' name. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Sep 2016, 8:20 pm

Dearly Beloved,
THEY ARE STILL RELEVANT!
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord” (Colossians 3:16 NKJV).
One of the aspects of my Internet ministry is what I tag “Ministering through Daily Hymns” where through various social media I daily send the lyrics of a hymn that corresponds with the Bible verse and inspiring quote that I have sent earlier in the day. At times, as led by the Holy Spirit, I extract some parts of such lyrics and make them prayer wishes that I periodically send also through various social media and text messages. From experience, people rarely react to the lyrics of daily hymns, but mostly react to the prayer wishes extracted from the lyrics and testify how such prayer wishes are timely to their situations. I always wonder: Does it mean that the lyrics are not inspiring and timely? Are they no longer relevant? 
It is unfortunate that many present-day Christians and churches do not attach much importance to singing of hymns. They consider hymns outdated and no longer relevant in Christian worship. They prefer modern short songs and choruses. Churches and people that value and sing hymns are derogatively termed traditional or orthodox. No wonder, these modern-day Christians are missing the inspirations of the lyrics of these “old” hymns. However, Apostle Paul advised that we should not be unwise, but amongst other things speak “to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord” (Ephesians 5:19 NKJV). He gave similar admonition in Colossians 3:16 quoted above. The reason of his admonitions is not far-fetched. People that were inspired out of their personal experiences and relationships with God composed these hymns.
Space would not permit me to be mentioning one by one the old hymns that are still very relevant and inspiring till date. Take any hymnal or search online for these hymns and discover the beauty and inspirations in these hymns, even those that are not popular or commonly sung. As good as modern short songs and choruses may be, older hymns are still relevant and very inspiring till date.
Do you love hymns? They are still relevant!
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will create time to meditate on the old hymns and see their relevance to your life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Sep 2016, 3:49 pm

Dearly Beloved,ARE YOU AN OSTRICH?
"The wings of the ostrich flap joyfully, but they cannot compare with the pinions and feathers of the stork. She lays her eggs on the ground and lets them warm in the sand, unmindful that a foot may crush them, that some wild animal may trample them" (Job 39:13-15 NIV).The New Oxford Dictionary of English defines an ostrich as "a flightless swift-running African bird with a long neck, long legs, and two toes on each foot. It is the largest living bird, with males reaching a height of up to 2.75 m." However, it is the most foolish of all birds. The Bible attests to this by describing some of its characteristics (Job 39:13-18).Many people are like the bird. They are wise in their own eyes. No other person is as wise as they. They hardly yield to corrections of others. In most cases, they have foolishly harmed themselves and others around them by their seemingly "wise" actions. Such people may have the strength, resources and influence to do things, but they lack the wisdom to execute such things successfully. It would have been better if such people harness their greatness together with the wisdom of others to bring about desired results. Solomon corroborated this: "Wisdom is better than strength. But the poor man's wisdom is despised, and his words are no longer heeded. The quiet words of the wise are more to be heeded than the shouts of a ruler of fools. Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good" (Ecclesiastes 9:16-18 NIV).The above-cited dictionary later applies its definition to "a person who refuses to face reality or accept facts." Such people seldom face reality as it is and accept facts about the situation. One would not be surprised that there are some people who know that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to salvation (John 1:11-13; 14:6-7; Acts 4:12) but refuse to accept Him.Think about yourself. Are you an ostrich?In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will not in any way behave like an ostrich. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Sep 2016, 10:58 pm

Dearly Beloved,

THE SHEPHERD PSALM

"The LORD ismy shepherd, I shall not be in want...” (Psalm 23:1 NIV).

This psalm is oneof the most popular psalms. Many people have learnt it by heart right fromtheir childhood. The thrust of the psalm is the trust in the Lord who is like ashepherd to the composer of the psalm, David. David, being once a shepherd,knew the relationship of the shepherd to the sheep. He knew how the sheepusually rely on the guidance, protection and provision of the shepherd. Hetherefore applied that relationship and reliance on himself and God.

Because God washis shepherd, David said he would not be in want. This does not mean that hewould have all that he might selfishly desire, but all he needed. Ordinarily,sheep need two basic things - "green pasture" where they can findgood food, and a place where they can conveniently drink water. So anyone whoputs his total trust in God will experience both physical and spiritualnourishment from God. Such person can claim the promise in Philippians 4:19:"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches inChrist Jesus" (NIV. See also Matthew 6:33).

Apart from divinenourishment, anyone who trusts God will experience divine restoration. As theshepherd leads his sheep to quiet waters for rest and cleansing, likewise, theLord will restore or refresh the souls of all who trust in Him. That is, Hewill provide forgiveness and peace to all who follow Him.

The Lord will leadall who trust in Him in the right way. He will guide them in all their ways andmake sure that they do not go astray. Even if they mistakenly do, He will,because of His reputation, bring them back to the fold (see Luke 15:3-7).

Closely related tothis is God's protection for all who put their trust in Him. If such peoplefind themselves in dangerous situation, they need not fear any evil. The reasonis that God is with them to protect them just as the shepherd would use his rodand staff to protect his sheep from such situation. Believers in God are neverin situations that the Lord is not aware of, for He never leaves or forsakesHis people (see Hebrews 13:5).

Verse 5corroborates the affirmation of David in the latter part of verse 1 - the Lordwill provide for him. As a good host provide for the comfort of his guest, sothe Lord will provide abundantly for all those who trust in Him, even in thepresence of their enemies!

Having realizedthat the goodness, love, and mercy of God would be with him throughout hislife, David, in response to all these, resolved to always be in God's presenceforever.

Jesus Christ said,"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for thesheep" (John 10:11 NIV. See also Isaiah 40:11). What a great privilege tohave Him as our Great Shepherd! However, have you made Him your shepherd? Areyou putting your total trust in Him? Be like David! Put your total trust inHim. You will never be in wants. Amen!

In His service,

BayoAfolaranmi (Pastor).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Aug 2016, 1:57 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHY WOULD YOU CURSE? 
“Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse” (Romans 12:14 NIV). “Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing” (1 Peter 3:9 NIV).As I was sending out my usual prayer wishes for the beginning of the month by SMS early in the morning on the first day of this month, I received a call from an unknown person who was mad at me for sending an SMS to her mobile phone. In spite of introducing myself to her and explanation, she did not hesitate to rain curses on me because she received a prayer wish from an unknown person. Even my blessings to counter her curses could not stop her from the cursing. I later sent another SMS full of blessings to her, though she did not react to the second SMS.The incident made me to wonder: why would one curse another person? It is understandable  (though, not advisable biblically) if one curses someone or something because of something bad that the person or thing has done, or something good that the person or thing did not do. However, to curse because of something good that comes from an unknown source is unimaginable to me.Many biblical injunctions teach against cursing, rather, they instruct that we should bless people, even people that do bad things to us (Matthew 5:44; Luke 6:28; Romans 12:14, 19-21; 1 Thessalonians 5:15; 1 Peter 3:9). Jesus Christ and other early Christians exemplified this (see Luke 23:34; Acts 7:60; 1 Corinthians 4:12-13; 1 Peter 2:21-23).There should not be any reason whatsoever for cursing other people. Even when people do things that deserve your curse, bless them and leave room for God to judge (see Romans 12:19). You are called to be a blessing to others (1 Peter 2:21; 3:9). Why would you curse? In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will not curse, but be a blessing to others, including even your enemies. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Aug 2016, 9:06 am

Dearly Beloved,

WE HAVE AN ADVOCATE...

“These things I write to you,so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with theFather, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1 NKJV).

I have a specific purpose forcreating and moderating most of my WhatsApp groups: to solely disseminateinspiring messages. I always frown at any post that is contrary to this andintermittently remind members of my WhatsApp groups (both privately andgenerally) about the primary purpose of the groups and warn to remove anyonewho cannot abide by that purpose. On many occasions, I have removed people thatviolate that purpose no matter how good their posts are.  There was a case sometimes ago that I had toremove one of the respected people in one of my groups because he advertised areligious event that he was planning to coordinate. Another respected person inthe group contacted me privately and advocated for the removed person that Ishould reinstate him back to the group. I told the self-appointed “advocate” thereason why I took the action. He still pleaded that I should give the “offender”another chance. I did so because of his plea. Interestingly, the “offender” didnot know about this advocacy. 

As I reflected on thisscenario, my mind went to what Jesus Christ is doing for us presently with ourheavenly Father. It is a fact that no one is sinless (see 1 John 1:8-10). So,Jesus Christ, having paid the price for the salvation of our souls on the cross(see 1 Peter 3:18), is now with the heavenly Father acting as an advocate whois pleading for everyone that has accepted Him before the Father (see alsoRomans 8:34; Hebrews 7:25). He is worthy to do this task because He is the onlyrighteous One to do so. Human being cannot come to God for the forgiveness ofsin with his/her own righteousness, not because of his righteousness “is likefilthy rags” as some would erroneously quote Isaiah 64:4, but because he cannotboast in his works (see Ephesians 2:8-10). However, by grace based on thefinished work of Jesus Christ, He is advocating for man with the Father. 

The implication of this isthat man must accept the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross before hecan be qualified to be among the “WE” that have Jesus Christ has the Advocatewith the heavenly Father. “[Jesus Christ] came to His own, and His own did notreceive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to becomechildren of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood,nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:11-13NKJV). However, this is not a license to habitual sinning because we cannot bein sin and expect that the grace of God should abound in us (see Romans 6:1-2).

We have an Advocate.... IsJesus Christ your Advocate with the heavenly Father? 

In His service,

NB

If you can abide by the simplerule of my WhatsApp groups, you can contact me with your name on WhatsAppthrough +2348055159591 and ask me to add you to one of the groups. Thanks.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Aug 2016, 6:39 pm

DearlyBeloved,

ARE YOU GROWING SPIRITUALLY? 

“…grow in the grace and knowledge ofour Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18 NIV).

Growth is very essential to any livingbeing or organization. Nobody would want to remain stagnant where he/she waslast year. Also, no one would want his/her child to refuse to grow. We all wantto grow physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, materially and in otherramifications. This should be applicable also to our spiritual life. However,only believers grow spiritually. Just like any other growth or development,spiritual growth is not attained instantaneously. It is not dramaticexperiences, climactic turning points, or instant solutions to spiritualproblems that many people are looking for today. God’s design is that we beseasoned to maturity through a continual process of growth. This made Peter totell his readers in 2 Peter 3:18 to grow spiritually. 

Peter admonished believers to grow, notany other person. This is rather a command, not an advice, so you have todesire and determine to grow spiritually. The determination to grow must beconsistent without any distraction (compare Hebrews 12:2). If you are to beprepared for spiritual growth, your focus must be right. The focus must not beon what you must do, but on who you must be!

Peter instructed us to grow spirituallyin two things: grace and knowledge. Grace is important because it is thefoundation of the spiritual life (compare Ephesians 2:8). The spiritual life isimpossible without grace. You cannot know God apart from grace. You cannot growapart from grace. You cannot deal with failure apart from grace. Moses knewthis, and he asked for it (see Exodus 33:13). Grace also sustains you when youfail or when things are not going the way you want (see 2 Corinthians 12:7-10).To grow in one’s knowledge of Jesus Christ is not factual knowledge, but theexperiential knowledge of Jesus Christ (see Philippians 3:10). The order ofthese items is important. Grace must precede knowledge. Therefore, keep thingsin order. Grace comes before knowledge. Without Jesus there is no understandingof grace. You cannot have knowledge without Jesus. Jesus is the embodiment ofgrace and spiritual truth.

The last thing to note in this verse isthe purpose of the growth: God’s glory. Everything we do or whoever we are mustbe to God’s glory (John 2:11; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 1 Peter 5:10-11; Jude 25;Revelation 1:6; 5:9-14).

Spiritual growth is not an option forany serious Christian. Are you growing spiritually? In what area are youlacking in your spiritual growth? There is nothing you can do to substituteyour spiritual growth. It is a necessity.

In His service,

PrayerPoint: Help me, Lord, to be growing in Your grace and knowledge.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:00 pm

Dearly Beloved,

STEP INTO THE WATER!

“As those who bore the ark came to theJordan, and the feet of the priests who bore the ark dipped in the edge of thewater (for the Jordan overflows all its banks during the whole time ofharvest), that the waters which came down from upstream stood still..."(Joshua 3:15-16 NKJV).

It was almost a year that I took the stepof faith to come to the United Kingdom. I virtually had nothing then to supportmy postgraduate study and myself in the foreign land. There was no knownsponsor anywhere to help me pay the school fees and other living expenses thatwere in millions of Nigerian naira. I was advised against taking the step.However, I was resolute. I took the step of faith that I termed “stubborn”faith. I came to the “Land of the Queen” (as we used to call the United Kingdomwhen I was young). Yes, it was tough, but God was, and is still, faithful, andHe does not let me down. I am about to complete the study that I initially cameto do, and there is a prospect already of proceeding further. If I did not takethe step of faith almost a year ago, I would still have been where I was then withoutthis feat of new experiences (and exposures), knowledge, and the opportunity ofsharing this testimony. 

This story of my life reminds me of thestory of the people of Israel under the leadership of Joshua when they were atthe bank of River Jordan. They were looking to the Promised Land at the otherside of the river. The river was a barrier for them to get to the place.However, God directed them through Joshua to break camp and cross the river.The instruction was that the priests should take the Ark of the Covenant andstep into the over-flooded water of River Jordan and stay in the water tillevery Israelite cross over to the other side (see Joshua 3:1-13). That was awkwardand risky! Why did God not order Joshua to stretch out his hand over the riverand path it as Moses did with the Red Sea (see Exodus 14:21)? Why would thelives of the priests be endangered because the people wanted to cross theriver? Why could the people not stay at that side of the river and wait tillthe water was subsided for them to cross safely to the other side? After all,where they were was also part of the Promised Land. Why could the people notthink of other possible means of crossing the river? However, the priests tookthe steps of faith and stepped into the over-flooded water of River Jordan. Asthey stepped into the water, the water from the upstream stopped flowing, andthe people crossed the river on dry ground (see Joshua 3:14-17)! 

What is the over-flooded River Jordan inyour life? What is that thing that seems as obstacle to your progress in life?Are you ready to confront it with “stubborn” faith and see what God would do?If you are waiting till when the flooded water of your life will subside orwhen a bridge will be built over it, you may have to wait till eternity. Takethe step of faith because “faith is the substance of things hoped for [and] theevidence of things not seen” (Hebrews 11:1 NKJV). 

Step into the water!

In His service,

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 Jul 2016, 10:10 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT WOULD YOU SEEK FIRST?"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33 NIV).Can you imagine a person that wants to buy something in the market whose main concern is the additional thing the seller would give him for patronizing him? Or can you imagine a person that has more interest in the insignificant addition to a gift rather than the actual gift? This is what most people do in their approach to God. They would want God to do any other thing for them while they leave the main thing. Many people are ready to spend most of their time asking God for material and financial blessings while they neglect the most important spiritual blessings that He is ready to give those that ask for them. Many would do anything they can to get what they want from God while they refuse to do want God wants from them.The above Bible verse sums it up: "But seek first [God's] kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 6:33 NIV). We are to firstly seek the kingdom of God. A Bible commentator puts it this way, "Seek first to be righteous, and to become interested in His favor, and all necessary things will be added to you. He has control over all things, and He can give you what you need. He WILL give you what HE deems best for you." When we firstly seek God and live according to His commands, He will give us even those earthly things that we do not ask for. King Solomon is a good example here. God asked him to ask for anything from Him. Rather than asking for earthly things for his selfish gain, he asked for God's wisdom, and God did not only give him unparalleled wisdom, He gave him even those earthly things that he did not requested for (see 1 Kings 3:1-15).It is a good thing to ask God for material and financial blessings. Everybody needs them. However, the first thing to seek from God is the wisdom to do His will. The psalmist says, "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart" and "He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them" (Psalms 37:4; 145:19 NIV. See also Psalms 34:9-10; 37:18, 19, 25; 84:11; Mark 10:29-30; 1 Timothy 4:8).Many do not have or/and enjoy material and financial blessings because of their misplaced priority. What would you seek first?In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Points:1. Lord, help me to seek you and your righteousness first in all my endeavors.2. As I am seeking you first Lord, add all these material and financial blessings to your spiritual blessings for me. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Jul 2016, 11:02 pm

Dearly Beloved,
BEYOND YOUR EXPECTATION
"Israel said to Joseph, I never expected to see your face again, and now God has allowed me to see your children too" (Genesis 48:11 NIV).
Have you ever lost something that you thought you can never regain but at the end you found it and even had more than that thing? Have you ever lost hope on a situation and the Lord made things to work out for you even more than what you expected before? Jacob (later known as Israel) experienced something like that in a greater way. Having sold Joseph into slavery, the children of Jacob lied to him that a ferocious animal had devoured Joseph (see Genesis 37:27-33). Jacob believed them and mourned for his beloved son for many days. To him, Joseph had died. Nevertheless God had preserved Joseph and made him a ruler in a foreign land. Jacob later had the opportunity of not only seeing the "dead" Joseph, but also the children of Joseph. You could imagine the extent of the joy of Jacob to see beyond his expectation about Joseph that he once thought was dead.
Hannah was barren, and because of this, "her rival kept provoking her in order to irritate her" (1 Samuel 1:6 NIV). She went to God and asked for just a son (verse 11), but God did beyond her expectation "she conceived and gave birth to three sons and two daughters" (1 Samuel 2:21 NIV). That was after God gave her a son that later became a prominent figure in the history of the nation of Israel.
When God told Solomon to ask for anything he would want Him to do for him, Solomon asked for "a discerning heart to govern your people and to distinguish between right and wrong" (1 Kings 3:9 NIV). However, God did beyond his expectation in giving him more than what he asked for (1 Kings 3:11-13).
What is the seeming dead situation that you are passing through presently? Have you lost hope in such situation? What have you been asking from God that He has not done? God can make you experience something beyond your expectation in that situation! He will definitely do so in His appointed time. Just trust in Him and wait for Him. Paul declared, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen" (Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV).
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that God will bless you more than your expectation in the situation you are passing through.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 9:44 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WORSE BEGINNING, BETTER END"
In his distress he sought the favor of the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers. And when he prayed to him, the LORD was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD is God" (2 Chronicles 33:12-13 NIV).He was so young, yet so lucky to ascend the throne of his forefathers. His father was a godly man, but he chose to be ungodly. He was intoxicated with power even in his youthful days, and he misruled his subjects. He was such a cruel man that he sacrificed his own children to false gods. A stiff-necked king who would not listen to rebuke, even from a holy God. However, he ended his life doing well.The man was Manasseh, the man who succeeded his father, Hezekiah, as the king of Judah at the tender age of twelve, and ruled for fifty-five years. Being a child of a godly man, one would expect that he would follow his father’s steps. Nevertheless, he chose to follow bad examples of former kings of Israel and Judah. He even did worse than them all.Among the atrocities of his reign were: following the detestable practices of other nations; rebuilding of high places of worshipping false gods that his father, Hezekiah, had earlier destroyed; building of altars and setting up of images for false gods in God’s holy temple; practicing of astrology, sorcery, divination, and spiritism; and worst of it all, sacrificing of his own children. Tradition also holds it that he was the one that killed Prophet Isaiah. What a wicked king!Being under the divine leadership of the Almighty God, God sent many of His prophets to him and his people to warn them, but they were defiant to God’s word. Therefore, God allowed another wicked king, a king of Assyria to conquer him and take him to exile. A king who was been served now became a slave who served another king.Nonetheless, in his desolation, he remembered his God. He humbled himself before God, confessed his sins, and asked for forgiveness. Because of his true repentance, God restored him back to his throne.Having regained his kingdom, he turned back to be serving God and doing well. He extended the wall of Jerusalem; he took away all the altars and images of false gods he had placed in the temple, and started to worship the true living God. In fact, the writers of the Scriptures spoke well of his latter days (see 2 Chronicles 33).How was your past history? Have you messed up your life? Are you suffering now because of your past sins? All is not lost for you! God who restored Manasseh back can still do so to you. You can still achieve much for God, only if you can humble yourself before God. Confess your sins and turn to God. It shall be well with you!In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that the ending of your life will be far better than its beginning. _________________________
+447438782552
+2348055159591 (Text and WhatsApp Only)
BB PIN:2BFAD68F
http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:50 pm

Dearly Beloved,

BEWARE OF PRIDE!

“But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall. Hewas unfaithful to the LORD his God, and entered the temple of the LORD to burnincense on the altar of incense. Azariah the priest with eighty othercourageous priests of the LORD followed him in. They confronted him and said,‘It is not right for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the LORD. That is for thepriests, the descendants of Aaron, who have been consecrated to burn incense.Leave the sanctuary, for you have been unfaithful; and you will not be honoredby the LORD God’†(2 Chronicles 26:16-18 NIV).

King Uzziah of Judah was one of the prominent kings of Judah whostarted well as somebody who sought the Lord in his early years as king.Because of this, God gave him success and he became very powerful and famous (2Chronicles 26:3-15). However, when he became powerful, he became proud even toGod that had helped him. He started to do things that he supposed not to doburning incense on the altar of incense. The act was the exclusive duty of thepriests who have been consecrated to burn incense. The courageous priests ofthe Lord confronted him but his pride made him to be adamant in hisinappropriate activities. As he was arguing with the priests, the Lord smote himand he became leprous instantly. He remained so till the day of his death, andso he was relieved of his responsibilities as a king and could not associatewith even ordinary people in the society. Even he could not be buried properlywith the other dead kings of Judah because of the disease. What a great fallfor a great king!

There have been people today that started well. They were doing theright thing. They worshiped God and serve the humanity. However, when theybecame great, they allowed pride to ruin them, and they became people of noreputation. The Bible says, “All of you, clothe yourselves with humility towardone another, because, ‘God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble†(1Peter 5:5 NIV).

What is your present status? Do you consider yourself as somebodythat is too big for God? Are you overstepping your boundary because of yourseemingly powerful position? What is your reaction to correction? Beware ofpride! It goes before destruction (Proverbs 16:18).

In His service,

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:49 pm

DearlyBeloved, DOES IT GLORIFY GOD?

“Therefore,whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God” (1Corinthians 10:31 NKJV).

Oneof the things I observed in the ongoing UEFA EURO 2016 championship is the waymost of the players modify their skins with various types of tattoo. It seemsthey are competing who will outdo the other with the trend. The act of thisskin piercing has become a common thing in the western world and it is becomingmore acceptable among young adults and even middle-aged people, womeninclusive. However, does this make the act right? What is beautiful or good indisfiguring the image of God that He has made human beings to be? Will the factthat many people have accepted it and it has become something in vogue makes itright? 

Therehave been many arguments for and against tattoo, which is a form of bodymodification made by inserting permanent (and at times, temporary) ink into theskin to change the colour of the skin. While some people, even Christian leaders,see nothing wrong with this act, many Christians frown at it. I would not wantto join the arguments for or against tattoo, because I know that people areready to justify or condemn it with some Bible references to support theirpositions. 

However,why will I modify my skin with all sorts of images and inscriptions? Will suchmodification or body piercing glorify God in me? What impact will it make onother people? Will I blindly join others to do it, and or some othercontroversial things, because they have become so popular? Why will I become astumbling block to other people because of my actions?

Themost important thing in anything that we are doing or supporting is to askwhether such thing would glorify God. No matter how good or popular anythingmay be, if it does not glorify God, then, we should have a rethink on it.

“Letyour light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorifyyour Father in heaven” (Matthew 5:16 NKJV). 

“Andwhatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men” (Colossians3:23 NKJV).

Doesit glorify God?

InHis service,

BayoAfolaranmi (Pastor).
PrayerPoint: Pray that you will not do anything that will not glorify God in yourlife.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Jun 2016, 8:07 pm

Dearly Beloved,

In honor of our fathers as we celebrate thisyear's Fathers' Day, let me resend this message that I first sent out in 2005:

"MY DADDY WILL NOT LEAVE ME!"

"The LORD himself goes before you andwill be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; donot be discouraged" (Deuteronomy 31:8 NIV).

"...because God has said, `Never will Ileave you; never will I forsake you'" (Hebrews 13:5 NIV).

My two-year-old daughter said a statement thatwas a challenge to me the other day. We were having our breakfast that Sundaymorning in preparation for the worship service. When my wife discovered thatour daughter was slow in eating her food, she said jokingly that we will leaveher at home if she does not eat fast. She just said confidently andemphatically, "My daddy will not leave me!"

We laughed over the matter, but her confidencein me was a thought-provoking issue for me throughout the day. Do I have such aconfidence in my heavenly Father? Can I say with assurance that He will notleave me even when it seems that everyone and everything is against me?

The psalmist in Psalm 77 faced difficultsituation that made him think that God had forsaken him. He asked six questionsto ascertain the presence of God with him (verses 7-9). He concluded in histhought, "To this I will appeal: the years of the right hand of the MostHigh. I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miraclesof long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mightydeeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are theGod who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples"(Psalm 77:10-14 NIV). The psalmist knew that the Lord is there for him all thetime and that he just has to remember the goodness of God and trust in Him. Nowonder he said somewhere else, "For the LORD will not reject his people;he will never forsake his inheritance" (Psalm 94:14 NIV).

The Lord will not leave you even when allothers forsake you and you are passing through the most turbulent time. Yes Iwill say confidently, "My heavenly Daddy will not leave me!"

In His service,

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Jun 2016, 6:38 pm

Dearly Beloved,
CHRIST THE KING ETERNAL

"But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you aresmall among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will beruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times"(Micah 5:2, NIV).

"...our Lord Jesus Christ ... God, the blessedand only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords..." (1 Timothy6:14-15, NIV).

The word "Christ" is a transliteration fromthe Greek word "Christos" that simply means the anointed one. ItsAramaic form is "meshicha" from where the English word"Messiah" came. It designates Jesus as the fulfiller of the Messianichopes of the Old Testament and of the Jewish people. A king is a person thatrules a town, province, country, etc. He has the power to rule or govern, andhas authority over the people in such town, province, country, etc. The word"eternal" denotes something/somebody that has no beginning and noend.

Jesus Christ was the King eternal in the past becauseof many reasons. The writers of the Old Testament prophesied about Him: (1) asthe righteous King from David "who will reign wisely and do what is justand right in the land" (Jeremiah 23:5, NIV. See also 33:15; Isaiah11:1-5); (2) as One whose "government and peace there will be no end [who]will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom" (Isaiah 9:7, NIV); (3)as a "ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancienttimes" (Micah 5:2, NIV). There are many prophecies about His kingship inPsalms 2:6-11; 72; 110; Isaiah 2:1-4; 32:1; 33:17; Daniel 2:44. All theseprophecies especially the one in Micah 5:2 prove that He had been in existencebefore His birth.

Jesus Christ was the King eternal in His lifes time. These are some of the evidences. One, the wisemen from the East saw His star as that of a king (Matthew 2). Two, His miracles,especially the ones over nature, showed Him as the King over the universe.Three, in fulfillment of another Old Testament prophecy, He rode into Jerusalemduring His Triumphal Entry (see Matthew 21:1-11; Zechariah 9:9). Four, thechief priests rightly accused Him of calling Himself a king during His trialbefore Pilate (Luke 23:2; John 19:12). Five, during that trial, He talk aboutHis kingdom, and even affirmed the probing of Pilate that He was a king (John18:36-37).

Presently, Jesus Christ is the King eternal who isseated "...in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, powerand dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present agebut also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointedhim to be head over everything..." (Ephesians 1:20-22, NIV. See also Acts5:31; Hebrews 1:3; 2:9).

In the future, Jesus Christ will continue to be theKing eternal. He will judge the whole universe with righteousness (Revelation19:11-16). All nations will worship Him (Revelation 15:3-4). He will reignforever and ever! (Revelation 11:15).

The implication of the eternal kingship of JesusChrist is that every man must ascribe unto Him honor due unto Him by acceptingHim as the Savior and Lord that will continue to rule over him/her from nowuntil eternity. Only those who allow Him to reign over them will reign with Himin His eternal kingdom at the end of ages (Daniel 7:18, 27; Romans 8:18; 2Timothy 2:12; Revelation 20:4). Have you accepted Him as the King over yourlife? You have no option. He will judge you one day! (see Acts 17:30-31; Romans2:16; 1 Corinthians 4:5; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Revelation 20:11-15). Jesus Christis the King eternal!

In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that you will allow Jesus Christthe eternal King to reign in your life so that you will be able to reign withHim in eternity.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Jun 2016, 9:35 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING?

If then you were raised with Christ, seekthose things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand ofGod. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth†(Colossians3:1-2 NKJV).

One of those things that is veryconspicuous when you get to any ancient city (even, at times, villages) in thewestern world are the magnificent beautifully built churches that can be foundon almost every street. However, most of these buildings are either sold out,about to be sold, become unused or nearly empty. In my discussion with oneelderly pastor, he lamented that one of the reasons of the decline in churchmembership in this part of the world is that the past generation of Christianshere were busy building physical structures while they neglected buildingpeople spiritually. He cited how billions of pound sterling were used to buildmany churches then while no or little was spent to spiritually build the livesof people that worshipped in those elegant buildings. Today, most of thesebuildings have been sold out or become useless. This scenario reminds me of aYoruba proverb: “Omo ti  a ko ko ni yogbe ile ti a ko ta†(meaning: the “unbuilt†or untrained child will eventualsell the house that one built). 

Unfortunately, this scenario is repeatingitself presently in many developing countries. Church leaders are busy buildingphysical structures and amassing material possessions to the detriment of thespiritual growth of their church members. They are investing in physicalstructures and material possessions, and they care less about investing in thespiritual lives of church members. Discipleship and real nurturing of thefollowers are no longer paramount in many churches inasmuch as the church isgrowing numerically and the church and its leaders can amass more materialthings.

Interestingly, many Christians are doingsimilar things to themselves. They care more about their physical lives andcare less about their spiritual lives. Even, the reason why many people areworshipping God or being committed in church activities is because of what theycan get physically, materially or financially from God. They continue to buildtheir physical lives and leave their spiritual lives uncared for. No wonder,some would stop to worship God or become inactive in church when they do nothave what they want from God. Additionally, there are many religious peopletoday, but very few spiritual and well-grounded discipled people.

What are you building, your physical lifeor your spiritual life? What is your paramount priority in worshipping God? Whyare you so active in church? Do you really care about the building of yourspiritual life? As church leader, do you care about building your followersspiritually or your care is about how to build physical structures and amass asmany material possessions as you can through your followers? 

Do not lay up for yourselves treasures onearth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; butlay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroysand where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, thereyour heart will be also (Matthew 6:19-21 NKJV). What are you building? 

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will care moreabout building yourself up spiritually.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 May 2016, 2:19 pm

Dearly Beloved,

YOUR DIVINE PURPOSE WILL BE FULFILLED

“But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant itfor good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many peoplealive” (Genesis 50:20 NKJV).
Joseph was a favoured child among the children of Jacob. God had special plansfor his life. His brothers had known these, and they were not happy with it.They looked for means to thwart these divine plans in his life. They eventuallyhad the opportunity, and they first threw Joseph into a pit before they soldhim into slavery in Egypt. Joseph was wrongly accused of sexual assault on hismaster's wife, and he was thrown into prison. In spite of his goodwill to otherprisoners, he was forgotten and abandoned in the prison for years. However, allthese seemingly bad players and situations in Joseph's life played vital rolesthough negatively to make Joseph fulfil his destiny.

At times, God allows people to play seemingly bad roles in aperson's life to make that person fulfil his divine destiny. Due to thenegative actions of these people, the person may experience many unpleasantsituations. However, no matter what, the purpose and plan of God for the personwill finally come to pass.

Are you experiencing unpleasant situation at the moment?Does it seem as if people are doing bad things against you? Do not bediscouraged. God is using those seemingly bad people and bad situations to makeyou fulfil your divine purpose in life. Apostle Paul declared: “And we knowthat all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who arethe called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28 NKJV). Do not hate thoseseemingly bad people or wish them ill luck. As Joseph outlived his bad andunpleasant situations, you also will outlive your bad and unpleasantsituations. As the seemingly bad people in the life of Joseph lived to witnessthe fulfillment of his divine purpose, those seemingly bad people in your willlive long to witness your greatness in life. In fact, the Lord will prepare atable before you in the presence of your enemies, and anoint your head withoil, and your cup will run over (see Psalm 23:5). Come what may, your divinepurpose will be fulfilled in Jesus’ name. Amen.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray for the grace to be able to stand inspite of bad situations in your life till the divine purpose for you isfulfilled.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 May 2016, 2:54 pm

ARE YOU STILL IN THE FAITH?
“And [Delilah] said, ‘The Philistines are upon you, Samson!’ So [Samson] awoke from his sleep, and said, ‘I will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!’ But he did not know that the Lord had departed from him. Then the Philistines took him and put out his eyes..." (Judges 16:20-21a NKJV).
As my wife switched off the electric fan in our bedroom, I noticed as the fan continued to rotate in a slower speed till it came to standstill after about two minutes. The spiritual life of many Christians is like that electric fan that is just being switched off or disconnected from its power source. Many Christians that used to be fervent in the Spirit and in the things of God like prayer, reading and meditating on the words of God, worshipping God, fellowshipping with other believers, evangelizing the world about Jesus Christ, and the likes find themselves dwindling in such spiritual things. They may think that they are still in the Lord and fervent in the things of God, but reserve is the case. The main causes of this degeneration mostly are sin and carelessness. No wonder, Apostle Paul admonished, “Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall [into sin]” (1 Corinthians 10:12 NKJV).
The life of Samson is a good example here. Samson was a mighty man who did great exploits for the Lord by delivering the Israelites from the Philistines (see Judges 14-16). There is even a record that “…he tore the lion apart as one would have torn apart a young goat..." (Judges 14:6 NKJV). However, he dabbled into sin and carelessness by unequally associating himself with a Philistine woman - Delilah, and he paid dearly for it. He thought he was still in the Lord and as powerful as before. Nonetheless, the enemies came and conquered him (see Judges 16). 
As Apostle Paul again admonished, “Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves” (2 Corinthians 13:5 NKJV), are you still in the faith? Are you as fervent in the Lord as when you first believed? Is the Lord still with you, or rather, are you still with the Lord? Take heed, lest you become a disconnected fan!
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will always examine yourself to make sure you are still in the faith.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 May 2016, 9:39 pm

Dearly Beloved,
NO OR LITTLE TIME FOR JESUS? “The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it andare safe” (Proverbs 18:10 NKJV). “Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the namewhich is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, ofthose in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and thatevery tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God theFather” (Philippians 2:9-11 NKJV).There is a trend now especially in Nigeria that calls for attention:shortening or abbreviating words when chatting online or sending text messages.This may be a way of saving time and space. However, it is affecting the writtenEnglish of many people especially the younger generation. What is most dishearteningto me is shortening or abbreviating the precious name of JESUS CHRIST. Iconfronted an online friend when he sent a prayer wish to me and ended it with“IJN” supposedly meaning “in Jesus’ name”. His argument was that it saves himspace and time to do so. He had the time and space to type all other words, butno or little time for the name of JESUS. There are other abbreviations andshort forms for words that contain either “Jesus” or “Christ” like “xtian” for“Christian”, “xmas” for “Christmas”, “IJMN” for “in Jesus’ mighty name”. It interesting to note that these people that abbreviate or shortenthe name of JESUS are unknowingly following the world that is doing everythingto hide or even do away with the precious name of Jesus and everything that hasto do with Him. No wonder, the world has changed “BC” that means “BeforeChrist” to “BCE” that means “Before Common Era” and “AD” that means in Latin“Anno Domini” (English: in the year of our Lord) to “CE” that means “Common (orCurrent) Era”.  Having no or little time for writing the name of JESUS is areflection of the lives of many people. There is time for other mundane things,but there is no or little time for the things of God like prayer, reading andmeditating on the words of God, worshipping God, fellowshipping with otherbelievers, evangelizing the world about Jesus Christ, and the likes. Suchpeople are of the opinion that God understands. God does understand, but it isa subtle way in which Satan is drifting unsuspecting Christians away from God.No matter the time and space, never underestimate the importance ofwriting in full the precious name of JESUS CHRIST. Put the devil and hiscohorts to shame by being proud of the name of JESUS and by writing it in fullno matter what it will cost you. Do not join the world to hide or eliminate theprecious name of JESUS. “... at the name of JESUS every knee should bow…!”In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).  Prayer Point: Pray that you will not unintentionally join the worldto hide the precious name of JESUS. _________________________
+2348055159591
BB PIN:2BFAD68F
http://www.thewordthruthenet.org/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualdigest2003/ 
https://www.facebook.com/pastorbayo.afolaranmi.1

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 May 2016, 11:56 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WOMEN ARE PILLARS OF SUPPORT!
“Warriors became fat and sloppy, no fight left in them. Then you, Deborah, rose up; you got up, a mother in Israel” (Judges 5:7 MSG).
“Say hello to Priscilla and Aquila, who have worked hand in hand with me in serving Jesus” (Romans 16:3 MSG).
Priscilla (also known as Prisca) was a Christian woman who with her husband, Aquila, worked together with Paul at Corinth. According to history, Priscilla and Aquila came to Corinth after the Roman Emperor Claudius expelled all the Jews from Rome (see Acts 18:2). They were Paul's co-workers who Paul left at Ephesus where they ministered effectively, especially to Apollos (see Acts 18:18-26). Apart from the fact that Priscilla was prominent in the Early Church, she is named before her husband in the majority of biblical passages (see Romans 16:3; 1 Corinthians 16:19; 2 Timothy 4:19). Undoubtedly, this indicates her strength of character and/or her exceptional usefulness in Christian work (see Acts 18:26). She was indeed a pillar of support to her husband and other early Christians.
Priscilla was not the only one that was a pillar of support to other menfolk in the Holy Bible. Deborah was another spectacular woman. In fact, she was a judge and a warrior who delivered the people of Israel from the oppression of the Canaanites and led the people. She was indeed “a mother in Israel” (see Judges 4-5). Other exemplary women in the Bible were Miriam (the sister of Moses and Aaron) who was referred to as a leader of the people of Israel along with Moses and Aaron in Micah 6:4; Abigail who saved the life of her husband (see 1 Samuel 25); Huldah whose counsel was sought by Hilkiah the then high priest and Josiah the king (2 Kings 22:14; 2 Chronicles 34:22); Mary who was highly favoured to be the mother of Jesus (Luke 1:26-28) and played prominent roles in His life and ministry; Mary Magdalene, Joanna the wife of Cuza, Susanna, Mary the mother of James, Mary and Martha and other women that served Jesus during His earthly ministry (see Luke 8:2-3; 10:38-42; 24:10); Lois and Eunice who mentored Timothy (see Acts 16:1-2; 2 Timothy 1:5); Phoebe, a deaconess of the church in Cenchrea and other women like Mary of Rome, Tryphena, Tryphosa, Persis, mother of Rufus, and many others that were pillars of support in the Early Church (see Rom 16:1, 6, 12, 13). Sadly, there were also bad examples of women that were pillars of support like Jezebel, Ahab's wife, famous for extending the cult of her own Phoenician gods to the land of Israel, and influenced her husband to take evil decisions (see 1 Kings 18:4,13,19; 19:1; 21:25; 2 Kings 9:22), and the bloodthirsty Athaliah (interestingly Jezebel’s daughter) who reigned both as Jehoram's consort and as queen regnant (2 Kings 8:18; 11:1-16).
Women are indeed pillars of support wherever they find themselves. Although, the support may be positive or negative. As a woman, are you a good pillar of support to your husband, siblings, co-workers and other people around you? In what way can you really support these people?
Happy Mother’s Day!
In His service,
Prayer Points:
1. Pray that as a woman, you will be a good pillar of support to people around you.
2. Pray for women that have been positive pillars of support in your life that God will continue to use them to support you in His own way.
NB
This message is dedicated to my wife, Florence Opeyemi Afolaranmi, who has been my reputable pillar of support for almost two decades.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next