World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 14 Empty Re: Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Post  Admin Sun 23 Apr 2017, 10:44 pm

Dearly Beloved,

THE BLOOD OF MARTYRS

“Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grainof wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, itproduces much grain” (John 12:24 NKJV).

As I was about to sleep recently, I checked my WhatsAppMessenger to see if there was any urgent message to be attended to (that hasbecome my daily practice). I came across a video clip in a WhatsApp group witha subtitle “Pray for Syria”. I could not bear watching the video clip to theend as it turned out to be one of those incidents where some Christians werebeing beheaded one after the other by their persecutors. The horror of seeingblood gushing out of the necks of the beheaded people at the one slash of thesword/cutlass could not make me continue to watch the video clip. In fact, Iblamed myself for watching such a horrendous thing when I was about to sleepthat night. It was as if I never heard or even watched such awful video ofChristians being slaughtered like animals before. I kept on wondering why ahuman being would gruesomely kill a fellow human being in the name of fightingfor one god who cannot defend himself. Then I remembered the paraphrase of astatement made by an early church leader called Tertullian in 197 AD: “Theblood of the martyrs is the seed of the church.” How true is this statement?

Jesus Christ proverbially stated that a grainof wheat has to fall into the ground and dies before it can produce more grain(see John 12:24). He demonstrated this by dying on the cross so that mankindmight have eternal life. Right from the death of first known Christian martyr,Stephen in Acts 7, to the modern-day Christian martyrs, the blood of thesemartyrs, in most occasions, has really become the seed of the growth ofChristianity. This has been proved from history. However, I still keepwondering: must people be killed before there is growth in Christian faith?

Persecution of all forms is inevitable inChristian life (see 2 Timothy 3:12). The more the Christian is persecuted ortested, the stronger he becomes in his Christian faith (see 1 Peter 1:7-9). Themore Christians are killed for their faith, the more other Christians areunited in prayer, and the more the spread of Christianity. Indeed, “The bloodof the martyrs is the seed of the church.”

Nevertheless, are you ready to lay your lifedown for your faith? You may not be literally killed as a martyr, but are youready to really be a witness with your action and words for Christian faith?(Interestingly, the English word, martyr, comes from the word for witness in theoriginal Greek!)

In His service,

Prayer Points:

1. Praythat your life will truly be a “martyr” (witness) for your Christian faith andthat it will contribute to the growth of Christianity in your area.

2. Pray forChristians in persecuted areas of the world that they will continue to havegrace to withstand the persecutions
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Apr 2017, 11:20 pm

Dearly Beloved,

CHRIST THE LORD IS RISEN TODAY

“But the angel answered and said to the women, “Do not be afraid,for I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here; for He isrisen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay” (Matthew 28:5-6NKJV).

One of the popular hymns that are always sung during Eastercelebration is “CHRIST THE LORD IS RISEN TODAY” written by that great hymnwriter, Charles Wesley (1708-1788) in 1739 to commemorate the resurrection ofthe Lord Jesus Christ when He rose from the grave to conquer of death and itspower. The original version of the hymn had eleven stanzas, but did not havethe “Alleluias” that distinguish it today. An unknown composer later added the “Alleluias”to fit into its musical tune.

There are variations in stanzas of the hymn in various hymnalsavailable today. However, the hymn is a call to celebrate the death andespecially the resurrection of Jesus Christ. An outstanding feature of the hymnis that its lyrics are written in the present tense. "Christ the Lord isrisen today" – not "has risen" or "rose." This ispowerful because it places us (Christians living presently) in community withthose who actually witnessed the resurrection in their own lifetimes, andreaffirms our own hope of being set free from death. As “Sons of men and angels”declared the news of the risen Lord, Charles Wesley in the hymn enjoinedheavens and earth to raise their joy and triumph high in celebration of therisen Lord. Charles Wesley mocked death, grave, the stone (that was rolled overthe grave), the seal on the stone, and the guards for their failure to holdJesus Christ from resurrecting. Charles Wesley talked about the redeeming workthat is done and the battle that was won on the cross. As Jesus Christ soaredabove death and grave, so also Christians will soar where He has led being madelike Him and raised like Him. Indeed, the risen Christ is to be hailed andpraised. Alleluia!

“Alleluia” (in Greek) or “Hallelujah” (in Hebrew) originally means,“Praise the Lord”. This word prominently leads off Psalms 106, 111, 112, 113,117, 135 and especially the “Hallelujah Psalms” – Psalms 146-150. The word isre-echoed in Revelation 19 connoting the final victory of the saints. The wordis perfectly fitted later into the lyrics of this great hymn to celebrate therisen Lord. Alleluia, Christ the Lord is indeed risen!

Have you put your faith in this risen Christ, or are still followinga dead or powerless leader? No other religious leader is worthy of followingbecause they have died or will die one day. Only Jesus Christ died and is risenagain. Alleluia!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Thank God for the risen Christ and His finished workof salvation on the cross.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Apr 2017, 8:32 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHO GETS THE CREDIT?"`
I cannot do it,' Joseph replied to Pharaoh, `but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires'" (Genesis 41:16 NIV)."Daniel replied, `No wise man, enchanter, magician or diviner can explain to the king the mystery he has asked about, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries'" (Daniel 2:27-28a NIV).God has given each one of us one or more abilities to do things. By human nature, we normally want to be praised for any good thing we have done through these abilities. We always ascribe honour to ourselves for such abilities. At times, we even try to get the credit of the good things that those around us have done. This human nature is prevalent in the life of one who has not totally surrendered his/her life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the leadership of the Holy Spirit. It makes people to strive for the praise and approval of men, and even make them to do all their possible best to be in charge so that people will see them as somebody that has a special ability that others do not have. This has been the bane of some sit-tight leaders that do not want to relinquish their position to other people.Joseph and Daniel were men who preferred to let God, and not themselves, get the credit for their God-given gifts. Both of them had similar situations. Pharaoh, the king of Egypt had two dreams that troubled him. He sought for the interpretation of these dreams from the Egyptian wise men and magicians, but none of them could interpret the dreams. It was then an officer remembered Joseph who could accurately interpret dreams. Joseph was brought to the presence of Pharaoh. When the king was trying to praise Joseph for his gift, Joseph quickly gave God the credit (Genesis 41:1-16). Daniel did the same thing in Daniel 2:27-28 and even refused to get any reward for this gift in Daniel 5:17. These two men humbled themselves and gave God the credit of what they could do, and God exalted each of them to high positions in foreign lands.Who gets the credit for your ability and power to do those good things that you are doing? Do you normally give the credit to God? The Bible says, "This is what the LORD says: `Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,' declares the LORD" (Jeremiah 9:23-24 NIV). Surrender yourself totally to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the leadership of the Holy Spirit to be able to do this.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Points:1. Thank God for your God-given abilities.2. Pray that you will have the humble heart to always remember to give God the credit for these abilities.3. Pray that God will exalt you as you give Him the credit for the abilities. _________________________
+2348055159591

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm

Dearly Beloved,
THERE IS HOPE!"'
For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you'" (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV).I have read this Bible passage times without numbers. I have heard people quoting it. I have even used it to preach to or encourage other people several times. However, when I studied it in its context recently, I have a clearer understanding of its real meaning.The context of the passage is a letter written by prophet Jeremiah to the exiled Jews in Babylon. Although, the people of Judah had sinned against God, and God was punishing them by sending them to exile, yet, Jeremiah was advising them to have courage and settle down in that foreign land because God had not abandoned them totally. He presented God as the Yoruba proverbial father that would punish his child with right hand and draw him in love back to himself with the left hand. No matter the consequence of one's sin, God is still compassionate and forgiving (Daniel 9:9). He has plans of restoring us back to Him. He will not abandon His own forever!The Bible passage is a word of hope for people that are suffering because of their misdeeds. It is a word of hope for others also that think that God has forgotten them. It is a word of hope for every child of God. God has plans for us - plans not to harm us, but to prosper us. Plans to give us hope. Plans to give us a good future. Plans not to abandon us even when we go astray. Plans to listen to us when we call on Him."This is what the LORD says: 'I will restore the fortunes of Jacob's tents and have compassion on his dwellings; the city will be rebuilt on her ruins, and the palace will stand in its proper place. From them will come songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they will not be disdained. Their children will be as in days of old, and their community will be established before me; I will punish all who oppress them. Their leader will be one of their own; their ruler will arise from among them. I will bring him near and he will come close to me, for who is he who will devote himself to be close to me?' declares the LORD. "'So you will be my people, and I will be your God'" (Jeremiah 30:18-22 NIV. See also 19:14; 31:27-28; 32:42-44; 33:6-26; Lamentations 3:31-33).No matter the situation, there is indeed hope!In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that the plans and purpose of God for your life will come to pass in His appointed time. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Mar 2017, 11:43 pm

Dearly Beloved,

GOD IS NOT SILENT!

“Do not keep silent, O God! Donot hold Your peace, and do not be still, O God! For behold, Your enemies makea tumult; and those who hate You have lifted up their head” (Psalm 83:1-2NKJV).

Few days ago, a terroristjammed a car into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in London, UK, stabbed apolice officer, and attempted to enter the Houses of Parliament before thepolice gunned him down. Apart from the police officer and the attacker, few othernumbers of people were reportedly dead while many were hospitalized due to theterrorist attack.

This was not the firstterrorist attack on unsuspecting innocent people in London and elsewhere in theworld. The incessant attacks of Boko Haram terrorist group in northeast Nigeriaand other neighboring countries are still fresh in one’s memory. At times, Iwonder what these terrorists derive from these murderous and suicide attacks.As a student of peace studies, I have learnt that apart from reasons associatedwith ethno-nationalism, alienation/discrimination, socio-economic status,political grievances, and accidental insurgent, religion has been the majorreason for terrorism. Most terrorist attacks have been carried out withreligious undertone. It has been as if these terrorists are seemingly fightingfor their religion and, funnily, for the founder and the god of their religion.The fact that the Almighty God is seemingly silent and allows most of theseterrorist attacks to be successful makes these heartless people and theircollaborators think that they are fighting a just cause.

Like many other people, eventoday, the psalmist in Psalm 83 thought that God is silent to these nefariousacts against humanity and people of God. He, therefore, prayed that God shouldarise and fight against these enemies of progress. However, God is NOT silent.In His goodness and longsuffering, He is yearning that these heartless peoplecome to repentance. Apostle Paul said, “Or do you despise the riches of Hisgoodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of Godleads you to repentance?” (Romans 2:4 NKJV. See also 2 Peter 3:9).

It may seem as if theseperpetrators of evil are succeeding in their evil deeds. However, God willexpose them and bring them to judgment one day. The writer of Ecclesiastes said:“For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing,whether good or evil” (12:14 NKJV. See also 3:17; 11:9; Psalm 96:13; Matthew10:26; Romans 2:16; 1 Corinthians 4:5; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Revelation20:11-15).

It may seem as if God issilent now. God is not silent. Are you a terrorist or collaborator ofterrorists? God is not silent. Are you a victim of terrorism or any form ofevil perpetration? God is not silent. Have you been praying that God shouldbring an end to all these evils in the world? God is not silent. He will actone day. Nonetheless, when He is acting in judgment, will He commend you orcondemn you? Remember, “It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of theliving God” (Hebrews 10:31 NKJV). God is not silent!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that Godwill arise and put an end to all the terrorist acts in the world.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Mar 2017, 8:19 pm

Dearly Beloved,

…THEN WHY WORRY?

“Don’t worry about anything,but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers andrequests to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless youwith peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will controlthe way you think and feel” (Philippians 4:6-7 CEV).

Recently I received a videoclip through one of my WhatsApp groups that is very inspiring to me. In theclip, a man humorously presented a timeless truth about worry by rhetoricallyasking some questions. Let me try to transcribe part of his presentation: “Doyou have a problem in life? No. Then why worry? Do you have a problem in life?Yes. Can you do something about it? Yes. Then why worry? Do you have a problemin life? Yes. Can you do something about it? No. Then why worry?”

The presentation may soundhumorous, but it is something that one should ponder about. Why worry for aproblem that does not exist? Why worry for a problem that you can do somethingabout? Above all, why worry about a problem that you cannot directly dosomething about? Then why worry?

That presenter did notcomplete the timeless truth about worry. One may not worry about non-existentproblem, a problem that one can easily find solution to, or most especially aproblem that one cannot solve by oneself. However, there are antidotes forworry: prayer and faith. Anyone who can pray to and have faith in God will notworry, but have peace of mind in spite of the problem. There are many biblicalinjunctions in support of this. Apart from Philippians 4:6-7 (quoted above); Psalm23:4; 56:3; Proverbs 3:5-6; 12:25; Matthew 11:28-30; Luke 12:24-34; John 14:27;Romans 8:38; Colossians 3:15; 2 Thessalonians 3:16; Hebrews 13:5-6 and manyother Bible verses, consider these verses quoted below:

“I tell you not to worry aboutyour life. Don’t worry about having something to eat, drink, or wear. Isn’tlife more than food or clothing? ...Can worry make you live longer? 28 Whyworry about clothes? ...Don’t worry and ask yourselves, ‘Will we have anythingto eat? Will we have anything to drink? Will we have any clothes towear?’...Don’t worry about tomorrow. It will take care of itself. You haveenough to worry about today” (Matthew 6:25-34 CEV).

“Our Lord, we belong to you.We tell you what worries us, and you won’t let us fall” (Psalm 55:22 CEV).

“Be humble in the presence ofGod’s mighty power, and he will honor you when the time comes. God cares foryou, so turn all your worries over to him” (1 Peter 5:6-7 CEV).

You may not be able to doanything about the problem of your life, but you have a caring God who is readyto listen to you and give you His peace when you pray to and put your trust in Him,then why worry?

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that youwill not worry, but always pray to and put your trust in God no matter theproblem of your life.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Mar 2017, 10:42 pm

Dearly Beloved,

GRACE GREATER THAN OUR SIN

“Moreover the law entered thatthe offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more, sothat as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousnessto eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 5:20-21 NKJV).

What is grace? Simply, graceis unmerited favour granted by God to undeserving sinners that come to Himthrough faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. This grace, which is a key concept inthe Christian faith, is far greater than the sinners’ sins (see Roman 5:20-21).This is the message that Julia Harriet Johnston (1849-1919) communicated in herpopular hymn, GRACE GREATER THAN OUR SIN. Julia was a daughter of aPresbyterian minister. She was very active in Sunday school in her church also inthe Presbyterian Missionary Society of Peoria, Illinois, USA.

Julia Johnston saw this graceas a marvelous one of a loving God. In spite of the fact that man’s sin makeshim guilty before God, and this makes man to be in despair and tries to come toGod on his terms, the grace is far greater than any sin or guilt that anyonemay have. It is the product of the blood of Jesus Christ shed on the cross ofCalvary. The blood washes away every stain of sin and makes the sinner white assnow. Julia underscored that this grace is marvelous, infinite and matchless,and it is freely bestowed on all who believe in Jesus Christ.

Having highlighted theentrance of sin into mankind through Adam that brought about judgment, and therighteousness that came through the obedience of Jesus Christ, Apostle Paulhinted that the grace of God is far greater than the sin (see Romans 5:12-21).Without this grace, no one can be saved. Only those that come through faith toGod through Jesus Christ can have it. It is not by human efforts (see Ephesians2:5-10).

However, grace may be fargreater than any sin, it is never a license to sin. Apostle Paul emphaticallysaid that we cannot continue in sin and expect that the grace of God willabound (see Romans 6:1-2). The fact that we have the grace of God should makeus to strive to live a sinless life. Anyone that has had the grace of God willnot continue to sin (see 1 John 3:7-9).

What a great opportunity wehave: to have a grace that is far greater than our sins! However, do you havethis grace? Remember, it is an undeserved favour that you can have throughfaith in Jesus Christ. Or, are you still trying to get it through your humanefforts? You are invited to receive this grace. Have you yielded thisinvitation?

In His service,

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Mar 2017, 10:27 am

Dearly Beloved,
IDOLS OF THE HEART"
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God" (Exodus 20:4-5 NIV)."Son of man, these men have set up idols in their hearts and put wicked stumbling blocks before their faces" (Ezekiel 14:3 NIV).
The primitive Africa was full of idolatry. The more I like the African culture, the more I hate its connection with idolatry. I thank God that I have been saved from all these ancestral idols. In Christ, I can be a true African without being idolatrous. However, while I have done away with all the physical idols, what of the unseen idols of the heart? Am I free from them?God accused the exiled Israelites of idolatry of the heart.

Though they were sent into exile because of this sin, they continued in it in the exile. Interestingly, these people still wanted to hear from God, which meant that they probably did not realize that they had set up idols in their hearts against God's will.I doubt if you still have any physical idol that you are worshipping. Nevertheless, what are the idols in your heart? What are the things that have taken the place of God in your heart? Is it money, occupation, time, sports, pleasure, reputation, position, your children, your spouse, or even your life? Anything you like or love more than God is an idol of your heart. Remove them now and put God in His right position in your heart.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to remove all the idols that are taking the place of God in heart. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Feb 2017, 10:16 pm

Dearly Beloved,

WHAT ARE YOU BROADCASTING?

“For from you the word of the Lord has sounded forth, not only inMacedonia and Achaia, but also in every place. Your faith toward God has goneout, so that we do not need to say anything� (1 Thessalonians 1:8 NKJV).

The accessibility of online social media (like Facebook, WhatsAppMessenger, BlackBerry Messenger, Twitter, LinkedIn, Telegram, Instagram, imo,Tango, Skype and the likes) through mobile phones, computers and otherInternet-enabled tools has made it very easy for many people to become broadcasterswithout any journalistic training. Any information can become viral and get tothe uttermost part of the world in a matter of minutes through these socialmedia as people forward such message from one source to the other withoutverifying its authenticity. The fact that many mobile phones and other mobiletechnological tools have in-built cameras and voice recorders makes it easy torecord audio messages and/or video occurrences and transmit such to other peopleinstantly. This indeed is a good and welcome development. However, what are youbroadcasting through these social media?

Apostle Paul in his first epistle to the Christians in Thessalonicacommended them for “broadcasting� the word of God to every place around them(see 1:8). These were people that were at risk for accepting the Gospel (see1:6). They lived when the Gospel message was not popular: a message that seemedfoolish to the common people then (see Acts 17:1-15; 1 Corinthians 1:18). Inspite of this, the message became viral through the Thessalonians to otherplaces. The lives and words of these Christians in Thessalonica became the“social media� through which the word of God was “broadcast� to other people.

Again, what are you broadcasting through social media? Are theyunconfirmed news/alert, useless jokes, pornographic pictures/video clips,politics, sports, job alerts, or the Gospel message? What are you known for onsocial media? The types of posts/messages you “like� and/or make comment about (whichyou are actually indirectly broadcasting) and the types of posts/messages thatyou directly broadcast/rebroadcast on social media will also determine whoreally you are and what you are “broadcasting� to the world. While many peoplemay not see you or live with you to assess your character, your broadcasts onsocial media go a long way to portray who you are, and they serve as veritabletools to tell the world about the Gospel message. Will you be commended orcondemned for what you are broadcasting on social media?

What are you broadcasting?

In His service,

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Feb 2017, 8:48 pm

Dearly Beloved,

I NEED NO OTHER ARGUMENT

“For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christand Him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2 NKJV).

On what or who do you base your faith? This is a question that oneshould answer meditatively. Many people base their faith on their ancestralculture or tradition. Many people base their faith on one creed or the other.Many people base their faith on a hero. Many people base their faith on an idolor god. Many people base their faith on the Supreme Being called God. Even manypeople prefer to relate with the Supreme Being through other lesser gods orangels. Interestingly, many people would claim that they do not believe inanything or any Being.

For Eliza Edmunds Hewitt (pseudonym: Lidie H. Edmunds) (1851-1920),she believed in no other thing or person, but in “the ever living One” who diednot only for her, but also for the whole humanity. This “ever living One” is noother person than Jesus Christ. She expressly stated in one of her hymns thatshe needed no other argument or plea. Faithbased on any other thing or person is useless because, “there is no other nameunder heaven given among men by which we must be saved” (Acts 4:12 NKJV) exceptthrough the name of Jesus Christ (see verses 10-11). Apostle Paul simply said, “ForI determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Himcrucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2 NKJV).

In the hymn “I NEED NO OTHER ARGUMENT” (known also as “MY FAITH HASFOUND A RESTING PLACE”), Eliza E. Hewitt really found a resting place in JesusChrist because Jesus Christ has died for her to save her, and this has put anend to her fear and doubt. Our faith can only find a resting place in Jesus Christbecause He offers us rest (see Matthew 11:28-30; Hebrews 4:3). There can be noother means to find such a rest. Jesus Christ declared: “Peace I leave withyou, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you” (John14:27 NKJV). Jesus Christ demonstrated this, as Eliza E. Hewitt rightly notedin her hymn, by healing the sick, by saving the lost, and by never casting awayanyone that comes to Him. Who among religious leaders of this world can dothese things? Indeed, there is no other argument!

Base your faith on Jesus Christ if you want a resting place from allthe confusion in the world. He has said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and areheavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. ForMy yoke is easy and My burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV).

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will wholeheartedly accept the efficacyof the death of Jesus Christ over your life, and willingly come to Him for thelasting rest.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Feb 2017, 11:48 pm

Dearly Beloved,
THE REAL VALENTINE"
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers" (1 John 3:16 NIV)."Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13 NIV).Valentine’s Day is an annual celebration held on February 14 to commemorate love and affection between intimate companions. It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting gifts like flowers, and other gifts, sending greeting cards and love text messages (SMS) and even love phone calls. There are many traditions about the origin and widespread acceptance of this celebration. From these traditions, there were some people that were coincidentally named Valentine between third and fourth centuries AD that were killed because of their love-related actions.As this celebration is observed every year, how many of the people that believe in it and celebrate it are ready to lay down their lives for their so-called loved ones? Many people are preoccupied with the material or financial gifts they will give or get during the celebration. Many have even turned the celebration to a time of satisfying their sexual and lustful desires. The men bearing the name Valentine in the olden days that made us to be celebrating the Valentine’s Day annually were known for their sacrificial love. They had a love that cost them even their lives for their loved ones.There is Somebody who sacrificially loves. He is the supreme Valentine of all time. He is the Lord Jesus Christ who because of His love for mankind "did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! (Philippians 2:6-8 NIV).Anyone that would want to celebrate the Valentine’s Day must be ready to do anything, even death, for his/her loved one. The celebration must be with a sacrificial love. That is the real Valentine. Happy Valentine’s Day in advance!In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to have the sacrificial love that can make you to be ready to die for your loved ones. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Feb 2017, 11:15 pm

Dearly Beloved,

SHOULD WE TAKE ARMS OR KILL? (Part 2)

“Do not fear any of those things which you areabout to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison,that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful untildeath, and I will give you the crown of life” (Revelation 2:10 NKJV).

Expectedly, I got many reactions to the firstpart of this message last week. While some people agreed with me, somedisagreed. Surprisingly, those that disagreed based their arguments on somepassages and instances in the Old Testament and the issues of situationalethics that I deliberately refused to address in the message. Some were evensentimental on the message. I envisaged each of these reactions. The scope ofthis part of the message cannot satisfactory address each and every reaction tothe prevailing issue: should Christian take arms or kill?

Let me clarify here that Christian warfare(which is the thrust of this message) is different from self-defense. Everyright-thinking person would defend his/herself if he/she has the capabilitywhen faced with danger. Even animals do so! However, only Christians – peoplethat have been genuinely called out of the world to have personal relationshipwith Jesus Christ – can engage in Christian warfare. Part of Christian warfareis persecution. Jesus Christ reminded His disciples: “If they persecuted Me,they will also persecute you…” (John 15:20 NKJV. See also verse 18; Matthew5:12; Mark 10:30; Luke 6:22). Apostle Paul emphatically told Timothy: “Yes, andall who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution” (2Timothy 3:12 NKJV). The other apostles taught similar things and added thatthere are rewards for people that persevere under any persecution (see Acts14:22; Romans 8:35; 2 Corinthians 12:10; 1 Thessalonians 3:4; James 1:2-4, 12;1 Peter 1:6; 4:12-16; Revelation 2:10). Nowhere in the New Testament is anyrecommendation for using physical means to fight this Christian warfare or anyinjunction to retaliate evil for evil for people that are persecuting theChristians.

Regarding the situation of the persecution inthe northern part of Nigeria and other places throughout the world, thepersecuted people can defend themselves if they have the capability. However,to legislate taking of arms or killing of foes from the pulpit is totallystrange to the teachings of Jesus Christ and the apostles. Using instances inthe Old Testament to justify that is like taking Christians back into whatJesus Christ has fulfilled on the cross.

Persecution is inevitable in Christian life.Only the faithful will be rewarded at the end of the day. However, taking armsand killing foes may help to some extent; putting on the “whole armor of God”will give lasting solution.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Lord, help me to be faithful inspite of any persecution so that I will have your reward at of the day.

NB
Send your reaction directly to me atspiritualdigest@yahoo.com please. Thanks.

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Jan 2017, 11:56 pm

Dearly Beloved,

SHOULD WE TAKE ARMS OR KILL?

“For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to theflesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God forpulling down strongholds..." (2 Corinthians 10:3-4 NKJV).

“Put on the whole armor of God... For we do not wrestle againstflesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulersof the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in theheavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God..." (Ephesians6:11-13 NKJV).

This is not the best of time for Christians especially in thenorthern part of Nigeria where they are faced with persecutions of all sortslike killings, maiming, and destruction of properties from Boko Haram (one of thedeadliest terrorist groups in the world), “Fulani” herdsmen, and discriminationfrom hostile communities and even government. These persecutions have continuedunabated for decades, but they are being intensified recently. Christians areindeed second-class citizens in most places in the northern part of Nigeriathat are dominated by Muslims.

Interestingly, there has been a trend among some “fiery Christians”that Christians should take arms and start killing these persecutors. It hasbecome a debate on social media whether Christians should yield this call ornot. Should Christians take arms orkill? Is that the best way to defend themselves or stop this menace? What doesthe Bible teach about this?

These issues indeed are ethical, situational and most especiallytheological issues that one has to handle carefully. The thrust of thiswrite-up is not about the ethical and situational aspects of these issues.Admittedly, they are very controversial. Nevertheless this write-up’s thrust isto briefly highlight the biblical teachings on Christian warfare and how todeal with one’s perceived enemies.

It is a fact that Christians are in warfare, but Christian warfareis not carnal or physical one because Christians are not really fightingagainst human beings, but against spiritual forces that are behind the humanbeings (see 2Corinthians 10:3-5; Ephesians 6:10-12). It will be a misplacedpriority and miscalculation of efforts to face the wrong target in warfare ofthis magnitude. In fighting this warfare, Christians are to clothe themselveswith some virtues that will serve as weapons. These virtues referred to inEphesians 6 as “the whole armor of God” are truth, righteousness, the gospel ofpeace, faith, salvation, the word of God and prayer (see verses 14-18). Thislist is not exhaustive considering other passages like 2 Corinthians 10:6 thatmentions obedience; James 4:7 that mentions submission to God; Romans 13:12that mentions light; 1 Peter 4:1 that mentions resolution to suffer for Christ;Luke 21:36 that mentions watchfulness, among others.

Moreover, in spite of the hostility of the enemies, Jesus Christ andthe apostles taught that Christians should love their enemies and do good tothem (see Matthew 5:43-45; Luke 6:27-28; Romans 12:17-21; 1 Peter 3:9). Jesus Christ and the apostles did not onlyteach this, they lived it (see Luke 23:34; Acts 7:59).

Christians should NOT take arms or aim at killing anybody. Rather,Christians should be ready to fight the good fight of faith – the Christianwarfare – by putting on the aforementioned “whole armor of God”, then, victoryis sure and the kingdom of God on earth will be expanded.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will engage in the Christian warfarerightly by putting on the whole armor of God.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Jan 2017, 10:01 pm

Dearly Beloved,

BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE

“But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son ofMan be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking,marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, anddid not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will thecoming of the Son of Man be” (Matthew 24:37-39 NKJV).

WhatsApp Messenger (a cross-platform instant messaging applicationthat allows iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Phone and Nokia smartphoneusers to exchange text, image, video and audio messages for free) has given meand other users of the platform many months of warnings that it will soon endsupport for certain devices. The concerned devices were listed, and one of thedevices I use for my Internet ministry is listed. I initially yielded thesewarnings and started limiting my use of that device for WhatsApp purposes. Iinformed most of the groups and some people that I have contact with throughthat device that I would stop using the phone number associated with the deviceby the stipulated time. I remember one of my contacts responded that WhatsApphas extended the deadline for another six months. I partially believed him, butwhen nothing happened after the announced deadline, I thought that he wascorrect, and I continued to use the device for WhatsApp purposes. Alas, two weeks after, I could access mychats and groups, but I can longer post messages through them. I got thismessage: “You can’t send messages to this chat because WhatsApp no longersupports this phone.” I was not caughtunaware with the message, but I had thought that I would still have more monthsto enjoy WhatsApp services through the device. Most of my contacts on WhatsAppand most of the WhatsApp groups I belong to have already moved with me to theother phone number used on a supported device. However, there are still ahandful of groups and contacts that will no longer have access to me againsince they are associated with me only on the unsupported device.

This incident is an example of what will soon happen to many peoplethat do not yield to the warnings about the second coming of Jesus Christ. JesusChrist and many other people in the Bible warned people about His secondcoming. The event of the flood in the time of Noah as recorded in Genesischapters 6 and 7 was used by Jesus Christ to warn people. Noah warned hisgeneration for years about the impending flood, but only Noah, his immediatefamily members and some selected animals were saved from the flood by enteringthe ark (see also 1 Peter 3:20-21; 2 Peter 2:5; 3:5-10; Hebrews 11:7).

In spite of the warnings about the second coming of Jesus Christ andthe impending judgment on each person, many people today are still living as ifJesus Christ will not come. They behave as if they will not give account oftheir stewardship on earth. However, Jesus Christ will come again, and everyonewill give account of his/her deeds (see Matthew 16:27; 19:28; 25:31-33; 1Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 1:7). Will He meet you prepared, or are younonchalant about His coming? Before it is too late, prepare for the secondcoming of Jesus Christ and His judgment. Do not let Him meet you unprepared.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the second coming of Jesus Christ will notmeet you unprepared.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 Jan 2017, 11:39 pm

Dearly Beloved,
LEADER OF RASCALS?“
And everyone who was in distress, everyone who was in debt, and everyone who was discontented gathered to [David]. So he became captain over them. And there were about four hundred men with him” (1 Samuel 22:2 NKJV).David was a shepherd boy who was forgotten even by his father when it mattered most: choosing the person to be divinely anointed as the future king for Israel from his siblings. God fished him out from where he was taking care of his father’s sheep and made Prophet Samuel anoint him as the next king of Israel (see 1 Samuel 16). He was too young to be enlisted in the fighting force that would face the then avowed enemies of Israel – the Philistines, and his elder brother, Eliab, looked down on him when he volunteered to confront Goliath. Yet, he killed the giant and instantly became a hero in Israel (see 1 Samuel 17). By virtue of his bravery, he became a son-in-law of King Saul (see 1 Samuel 18). In spite of these, he became a wanderer trying to save his life from the jealous king. He even had to relocate his parents to another country. It was during this period that others like him that were in distress, in debt, and/or discontented (about four hundred men) gathered to him, and he became their leader – leader of rascals and “hopeless” people! Interestingly, these “hopeless” people became the mighty men that God used to establish the Davidic dynasty in Israel (see 1 Samuel 22; 1 Chronicles 12). What would have been in David’s mind when he was leading these “hopeless” rascals? Did he have any hope of better future for these people and himself? He knew that God through Prophet Samuel had anointed him (David) as the next king of Israel. However, how would he ascend the throne when the incumbent king was after his life? Could the hopeless rascals who could not help themselves help him? In spite of these, he waited for his time, and he eventually became the greatest king of Israel.Many people today also have become “wanderers” in the journey of life because of hatred, jealousy, persecution and intimidation of the powers that be around them. Other seemingly hopeless people that are also seeking refuge from their own predicaments may even surround these people. In spite of these, there is hope for each of them if they could look unto God for solace. The Lord God is the defender of the helpless, especially the less privileged (see Psalm 68:5; Exodus 22:23; Deuteronomy 10:18; Psalm 10:14c; 146:9; Proverbs 15:25). Does it seem as if you are also a “wanderer” in the journey of life because of hatred, jealousy, persecution and intimidation of the powers that be around you? Are you leading people that are in hopeless or helpless situations? Are you and your followers been ridiculed today? Rely on God. He will vindicate you. No matter what, you will reach your Promise Land soon. You will soon become a force to be reckoned with in Jesus’s name. Amen.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that God will enable you to reach your Promise Land soon no matter what.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 Jan 2017, 11:42 pm

Dearly Beloved,

SEEK THE LORD’S FACE!

“When You said, ‘Seek My face,’ My heart said to You, ‘Your face,Lord, I will seek’” (Psalm 27:8 NKJV).

As I do annually, I was led to use part of Psalm 27 to pray forpeople in my Internet ministry at the beginning of this new year, and I willbase my first message for the year on that psalm. Because the Lord was the light and salvation and therefuge and fortress of the life of the psalmist, the psalmist had nothing tofear. Though the wicked tried to wage war against him, they did not succeed. Thepsalmist confidently triumphed over every adversity, and the Lord hid him inHis shelter, lifted him up and made him sing praises to the Lord (see verses1-6). Even though people have forsaken the psalmist, the Lord did not forsakehim, but took care of him and had been his help (see verses 9-10). Because ofthese, he decided to seek the face of the Lord, trust in the Lord and waitpatiently for Him (see verses 8, 13-14). He also asked God to teach him Hisway, and lead him (see verse 11).

Undoubtedly, one would want God to beone’s light and salvation and the fortress of one’s life this year. Likewise,one would want to confidently triumph over every adversity, be lifted up to thepoint of praising God. In addition, one would wish that even though peopleforsake one, God will not forsake one.

All these things are good wishes andprayer points. However, in order for one to have these things, one has todetermine to seek the face of the Lord, trust in the Lord. Furthermore, oneshould be ready to allow God to teach one His way and be ready to follow Hisleadership. Finally, one should be ready to patiently wait on the Lord, and He willstrengthen your heart.

Are you ready to seek the face of Godthis year? If you do, you will have nothing to fear because the Lord will beyour light and salvation, He will save you from all harm, and He will lift youup and make you sing praises to Him before the end of this year in Jesus’ name.

Seek the Lord’s face!

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you willearnestly seek the Lord’s face this year.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jan 2017, 12:14 am

Dearly Beloved,

OUR PRAYERS FORYOU IN THE YEAR 2017

Happy New Year(2017). Praise the Lord for seeing another year.

Opeyemi (mywife), Boluwatife, IfeOluwa, Michael, Abraham (my children) and I are welcomingyou to this New Year with these prophetic prayers adapted from Psalm 27:1-6(AMP).

This New Year:

- Because theLord will be your light and your salvation, and the refuge and fortress of yourlife, you will have nothing to fear;

- The wicked maytry to wage war against you, they will not succeed;

- You willconfidently triumph over every adversity;

- The Lord willhide you in His shelter, lift you up and make you sing praises to Him this yearin Jesus’ name. Amen.

Happy andprosperous New Year!

In His service,

Bayo Afolaranmi(Pastor),
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Dec 2016, 12:02 am

Dearly Beloved,
“NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD!”“
Nothing is impossible for God!” (Luke 1:37 CEV).One of the eternal truths in the story of the birth of Jesus Christ is the fact that nothing is impossible for God or there is nothing that God cannot do, except those things that He chooses not to do. The Virgin Mary naturally found it difficult to believe the announcement of Angel Gabriel that she would give birth to a son while she was still a virgin. She questioned the angel how that could be. The angel told her that that would be the work of the Holy Spirit that would come down to her and the power of God that would come over her. To substantiate this seemingly impossibility that would soon become possibility, the angel referred to Elizabeth, an old woman that people (including her husband) had thought could no longer be pregnant, that she was at that time six months pregnant. The angel then emphatically concluded his prophecy by saying, “Nothing is impossible for God!” (Luke 1: 37 CEV). Mary believed the angel and claimed the prophecy. The rest is history.It is easy to accept God as God of possibilities because He naturally does that every day. However, it is difficult to see Him as God of impossibilities because we hardly take note of His actions of turning impossibilities to possibilities. Many Bible verses attest to the fact that God can do anything. Consider these:“The Lord answered, ‘I can do anything! Watch and you’ll see my words come true’” (Numbers 11:23 CEV).“When the poor and needy are dying of thirst and cannot find water, I, the Lord God of Israel, will come to their rescue. I won’t forget them. I will make rivers flow on mountain peaks. I will send streams to fill the valleys. Dry and barren land will flow with springs and become a lake. I will fill the desert with all kinds of trees — cedars, acacias, and myrtles; olive and cypress trees; fir trees and pines. Everyone will see this and know that I, the holy Lord God of Israel, created it all” (Isaiah 41:17-20 CEV).“Lord God, you stretched out your mighty arm and made the sky and the earth. You can do anything” (Jeremiah 32:17 CEV).“There are some things that people cannot do, but God can do anything” (Matthew 19:26; Luke 18:27 CEV).“I pray that Christ Jesus and the church will forever bring praise to God. His power at work in us can do far more than we dare ask or imagine. Amen” (Ephesians 3:20-21 CEV).Apart from these and many other attestations in the Bible and the instances of the Virgin Mary and the old Elizabeth where God demonstrated that nothing is impossible for Him, there were many instances in the Bible. The story of Abraham and Sarah that gave birth to Isaac in their old age affirmed the fact that nothing is impossible for God (see Genesis 17, 18, 21). When Simon Peter saw Jesus Christ walking on the water, he could not believe it. However, he asked that he also should do likewise. He did, though he started sinking when he lost focus, but Jesus Christ rescued him (see Matthew 14:22-32). Nothing is indeed impossible for God! The implications of these are that if you want God to demonstrate His power over impossibilities in your life, then be ready to do these things: submit yourself to God; have faith in God; be ready for trials of your faith; take initiative; be ready to learn from God and events around you; and finally experience God doing the impossible!As this year is running to an end and as you are about to begin another year, what are the seemingly impossibilities in your life? Believe that nothing is impossible for God and you will experience the glory of God (cf. John 11:40).I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (2017) in advance.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: O Lord, do the impossible in my life before the end of this year!
NBIf you want to learn more about doing the impossible and experience the God of impossibilities, send an email request to me at spiritualdigest@yahoo.com for a message by me titled “DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE”. Thanks. _________________________

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Dec 2016, 5:35 pm

Dearly Beloved,
CHRISTMAS WITHOUT CHRIST"
She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21 NIV).I was coming home from my working place that day when I saw a place full of celebration. A brewery company is organizing a Christmas show. Beer and all sorts of alcoholic drinks were free for every one that attended the show. The place was full of young men and women and even some elderly ones that came to enjoy the show. There was no place for Christ - the reason for Christmas - in the show for it was organized to promote the products of the brewery company.As I was passing by the place, I was thinking within me of all the funs that normally accompany the Christmas season. Why are we doing all these funs? Are they purposely for Jesus Christ? Have we not turned the season to a season to gratify our selfish desires? It is good that a period of the year is set aside to celebrate His birth. Do we really focus on Jesus Christ who is the reason for Christmas?Do not celebrate this Christmas without Jesus Christ. He has come to save us. Paul said, "[Jesus Christ] who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good" (Titus 2:14 NIV). Have you been saved by Him? As you celebrate this Christmas, think of how you will lead others to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ so that they also will not be celebrating Christmas without Christ.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Jesus Christ, help me not to celebrate this Christmas without You. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Dec 2016, 11:57 pm

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT ARE YOU DOING SECRETLY?
"[The LORD] said to me, ‘Son of man, have you seen what the elders of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each at the shrine of his own idol? They say, "The LORD does not see us; the LORD has forsaken the land."’ Again, he said, ‘You will see them doing things that are even more detestable’" (Ezekiel 8:12-13 NIV).Some people of the Judah had been deported to Babylon because of the sins of the people. In spite of this, the other people in the land of Judah continued in their sins. The Spirit of God lifted Prophet Ezekiel up in visions and took him to the city of Jerusalem to show him some of the detestable things that the people of Judah were doing secretly. Interestingly, the people were thinking that because God had forsaken them due to their sins, He did not see them as they continued in the sins. The Spirit showed Ezekiel from one place to the other as these people were doing more and more detestable things that were not hidden from God (see Ezekiel 8). Definitely, these people were punished for their sins (see Ezekiel 9).Many people like those Jews in Ezekiel’s time are doing bad things secretly today thinking that God does not see them. The psalmist vividly described such people and concluded, "Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see? Does he who disciplines nations not punish? Does he who teaches man lack knowledge? The LORD knows the thoughts of man; he knows that they are futile" (Psalm 94:9-11 NIV). Some are doing bad things secretly because they have been disappointed in one way or the other. Others are doing so because they are just wicked. Most of such people prefer acting in the secret or darkness because they would not want their wickedness to be exposed (cf. John 3:19-21).What are you doing secretly thinking that nobody sees you? If nobody sees you, God does! What are you thinking secretly in your heart right now? Would you be proud of your secret acts and thoughts when they are exposed? You may hide things from man. You cannot hide them from God. Always remember the conclusion of the writer of the Ecclesiastes, "For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil" (12:14 NIV).In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that God will deliver you from secret/hidden sins. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Dec 2016, 5:26 pm

Dearly Beloved,YOU CAN BE USEFUL!"Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is useful to me for ministry" (2 Timothy 4:11 NKJV).John Mark was a failure to Barnabas and Paul during their first missionary journey. He was initially their helper (Acts 13:5), but later abandoned them (Acts 13:13). His action irritated Paul so much that when Paul and Barnabas were preparing for the second missionary journey, Paul did not think it wise to take him, but Barnabas thought otherwise. The disagreement on this matter was so sharp that Paul and Barnabas parted company. Barnabas took Mark and went in one direction while Paul took another person, Silas, and went in another direction (see Acts 15:36-41). However, the seemingly unwanted Mark became useful for Paul in the latter days of his ministry to the extent that Paul had to write Timothy to bring Mark to him "for he is useful to me for ministry" (2 Timothy 4:11 NKJV).There have been cases of disappointment in part of some people that have made us to write them off. We have seen such people as a failure, and have thought that nothing good can come out of them. We may even, like Paul, refuse to give them a second chance, and be ready to quarrel with anyone that is ready to bring out the goodness in them. This ought not to be so. No one is a write-off. Even, if the person has failed several times. The person can still be useful later. Be an encourager like Barnabas, and help that person to become useful.Probably, you are the seeming failure. You have given up on yourself because you have disappointed people and yourself when you ought to deliver. Do not give up. You can still be useful. If no one believes in you or encourages you, believe in yourself that you can make it and be useful to yourself and to others around you. Encourage yourself. Like it happened to John Mark, somebody, even that person that has lost hope in you, will look for your help one day. You can be useful!In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will not look down on anybody, but always look for the usefulness in the lives of others. _________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Nov 2016, 5:27 pm

Dearly Beloved,
THE GOD OF ALL COMFORT"
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God" (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV).In the introductory part of his second known epistle to the Corinthians, Apostle Paul gave some attributes of God that worth taking into consideration. Paul praised or blessed God who is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son, not born by human reasoning, but by divine arrangement that surpasses human comprehension. This God is the Father of compassion, the Source from where all mercies flow. His mercy endures forever, and He is ready to give out of this mercy to anyone that comes to Him. He is also the God of all comfort, the only One that can comfort people that are in misery. He made this promise to the people of Jerusalem: "I will show compassion to Jerusalem, to all who live in her ruins. Though her land is a desert, I will make it a garden, like the garden I planted in Eden. Joy and gladness will be there, and songs of praise and thanks to me" (Isaiah 51:3 TEV).Paul recalled how this God comforted him and his companions in all their troubles. However, the comfort they received from God was for a purpose: so that they could comfort others that were in trouble. God lavishes His comfort on His people so that they also will be able to be channels of His comfort to other people.Are you in distress of any kind? Look up to the God of all comfort. He will comfort you. He will show compassion on you, and you will sing songs of praise and thanks to Him. Moreover, who knows, He may be preparing you to be a channel of His comfort to other people. He is indeed the God of all comfort.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to comfort others from the experience of comfort you have had from God.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 20 Nov 2016, 9:35 pm

Dearly Beloved,

GREAT IS MY GOD!

“Great are the works of the Lord; they arepondered by all who delight in them. Glorious and majestic are his deeds, andhis righteousness endures forever” (Psalm 111:2-3 NIV).

The greatness of our God, especially thegreatness of His works, cannot be overemphasized. I do not know about any otherperson, but God has been demonstrating His greatness in my life and my family.Since the beginning of my life till now, I can experience the greatness of God.As this year is running to an end, I can look back and see how great God hasbeen in my life. In spite of all odds, God has been great in my life. He hasdone so much for ME. I cannot tell it all. I will extol the LORD God with allmy heart among the living. Great is MY God! I will continue to declare Hisgreatness. I will continue to praise Him for who He is and thank Him for whatHe is doing in my life.

The greatness of God is the thrust of Psalm111. The psalmist declared that he would extol the Lord with all his heartamong the upright people that take delight in God. He enumerated the gloriousand majestic deeds of God thus: God provides food for those who fear Him; Heremembers His covenant forever; He shows His people the power of His works bygiving them the lands of other nations; He provided redemption for His people;and He ordained His covenant for ever. Because of these, the works of His handsare done in faithfulness and uprightness and they are steadfast forever andever. 

Have you also thought about the greatness ofGod in your life? Have you thought about all He has done for you this year? HasHe not demonstrated His greatness in your life? Can you also enumerate what Hehas done, and is still doing, in your life? God is indeed great and great areHis deeds! Like the psalmist, we also have to acknowledge His greatness in ourlives by worshiping Him for who He is and by thanking Him for what He is doingfor us. 

Indeed, “Great is the Lord, andmost worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain” (Psalm 48:1 NIV).

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to appreciate thegreatness of God in your life.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Nov 2016, 12:14 am

Dearly Beloved,
NOW THANK WE ALL OUR GOD“
Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name” (1 Chronicles 29:13 NIV).“Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!” (2 Corinthians 9:15 NIV).A typical Yoruba Baptist cannot so easily forget the hymn, “A F’Ope F’Olorun.” The hymn is one of the most popular hymns among the Yoruba Baptists especially during a naming ceremony. It is sung to thank God for the new-born baby. However, the hymn – originally written in German by Martin Rinkart (1586–1649) titled “Nun dank­et al­le Gott“ and translated to English by Catherine Winkworth (1827–1878) before it was translated to Yoruba – is more than a naming ceremony hymn. It is a hymn that was testifying to the goodness of God especially in the time of a war. The lyrics of the hymn attest to this.Stanza One is full of appreciation to God “with heart and hands and voices.” The reason is that God has done wondrous things in blessing us with countless gifts of love from our mothers’ arms till this moment. In Stanza Two, the composer of the hymn wanted this bounteous God to be near us through all our lives by keeping us in His grace, guiding us when we are perplexed, and saving us from all evils in this world. Meanwhile, Stanza Three continues to eulogize God. It gives a profound concept about God as the one eternal God who manifests Himself as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is the one that the earth and the heavens will continue to adore both now and evermore. Amen.  In spite of the circumstance that led to the composition of this hymn, the hymn is full of praises of and thanksgiving to God. What is your circumstance presently? Learn to praise God for who He is, and thank Him for what He is doing in your life. Paul advised the Thessalonians, “...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV). We can indeed thank God even during our most trying times. Thanks be to God! In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Lord, help me to be able to thank You even in my most trying times. _________________________
+447438782552
+2348055159591 (Text and WhatsApp Only)
BB PIN:2BFAD68F
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Nov 2016, 10:59 pm

Dearly Beloved,
BE ESTABLISHED IN RIGHTEOUSNESS (resent)"In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you" (Isaiah 54:14 NIV).Sometimes ago, I was led to use Isaiah 54:14-17 as my family prayer wishes for people in my Internet ministry. I later gave a four-part serialized message based on the verses in my weekly devotional messages. I am led to resend the first part of the message this week.  The basis for the prophecy in these verses that was turned to prayer wishes is righteousness. God promised that He would establish His people in righteousness. Many Bible scholars have interpreted this prophecy to different sets of people. Some of them apply it to the Jews that were returning from the Exile. Some are of the opinion that it is applicable to the Jewish Christians, while some extend the application to every Christian of all generations and nations. Some even apply it to the future Kingdom that God will set up in the last days and the people in that kingdom. Whichever the correct interpretation, the important thing is that the people that were (or will be) established were (or will be) established in RIGHTEOUSNESS. If anyone would like to apply the prophecy to himself, he must be ready to be righteous.To be righteous is to be virtuous, blameless, morally upright, and be in right standing with God. A synonym of the word "righteousness" is justice: to be just, fair, impartial and honest. A person that wants tyranny and terror of the evil ones to be far from him will be righteous. He must have allowed God to really establish him in act of righteousness and he must remain in it.Allow God to establish you in righteousness by moving closer to Him in prayer and meditation of His words. Be just and fair with people around you. Be in right standing with your God. "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people" (Proverbs 14:34 NIV). Then, tyranny and terror of the evil ones will indeed be far from you.In His service,Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
Prayer Point: Lord, help me to move closer to You in prayer and meditation of Your words so that You will be able to establish me in Your righteousness.
NB: If you would like to have the other three parts of the message (if you have not had them), send a private message to me at spiritualdigest@yahoo.com. Thanks.  _________________________
+447438782552
+2348055159591 (Text and WhatsApp Only)
BB PIN:2BFAD68F
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiritualdigest2003/ 
https://www.facebook.com/pastorbayo.afolaranmi.1

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next