World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

» What is Shavuot and What is Pentecost?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:41 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» The Ayatollah Who Supports Israel
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» ARE THE HOSTAGES IN EGYPT?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 8:45 pm by Admin

» Breaking IranCopter Crash Pres.Raisi
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 7:58 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:14 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 9:03 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 12:53 am by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 9 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 24 Apr 2018, 9:51 pm

Date: April 24, 2018 at 1:56 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Living above Our Means

Living above Our Means

But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.  1 Timothy 6:8

Scripture Focus: 1 Timothy 6

Before my first job loss experience, I was making the highest salary of my career. We were living in the best location possible for us and sending our young kids to a private Christian school. We tithed at least 10%. Things looked great for us. I have realized that when you are promoted and receive a much higher salary, there is a strong tendency and temptation to forget the former days and think that you have finally "made it," to start living a lifestyle above your means. There is nothing like the painful experience of job loss to undo this kind of mindset. In Matthew 6:25 Jesus asked if life was not more important than food and the body more than clothing. "If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith" (vs.30)? God will provide the job and income that you need. It may not necessarily be the job and income you desired, but it will be what you need to fulfill His call and find your heart- satisfaction in Him.

Insight: God will provide for tomorrow and supply our most fundamental needs. By giving us Jesus, He already has!

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Apr 2018, 8:22 pm

Date: April 20, 2018 at 1:59 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Lord, We Have Always Tithed

Lord, We Have Always Tithed

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.  2 Corinthians 9:7

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 9

As a Christian man, I felt compelled by my parents to tithe and support the church. It was a validation that I was a real Christian. In fact, I was told my life would be affected negatively if I did not tithe. So when I was married, my wife and I immediately started giving at least 10% of our gross income. We continued this practice for many years while raising our family. We wrote out our check to the church even if our bank account was near zero, and I felt somewhat proud of this family sacrifice. As I experienced one job loss after another, my view of tithing was jolted. I realized I had been trying to appease the Lord and earn His blessing. The Lord was pleased with me, not because of the money I had been giving over the years, but because He was pleased with what Jesus had done for me in His sacrifice as my substitute. We don't need to try to be "good Christians" to gain God's acceptance. He accomplished everything already on our behalf. Out of hearts of gratitude, we are free to give and do so cheerfully.

INSIGHT: "Giving is true having." (C. H. Spurgeon)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Apr 2018, 9:26 pm

Date: April 19, 2018 at 2:37 AM

Topic: +DEV+. My Job, a False Idol

My Job, a False Idol

Dear children, keep yourselves from idols.  1 John 5:21

Scripture Focus: 1 John 5

My life was filled with a variety of competitive events, starting back in school and in Boy Scouts, continuing in church, and paid employment. My significance in life felt directly tied to what I accomplished. I had every reason to be proud of my reputation, my education, my family, and how I supported myself financially. With my job losses, however, I realized that these were all false idols. I had read about idols of our hearts in the Bible and in Christian books; I'd heard and preached many good sermons on the subject. But my sin became real for me as I lost one job after another and discovered who I really was inside. I was being exposed. The gospel of grace is what we all need to believe in our hearts. Who you are has nothing to do with you! Significance and meaning are anchored in Jesus' accomplishment, His victory and success, not yours. The true gospel frees us from idols, from other people's judgments, and from what we think of ourselves. Everything we need for being significant we already have in Jesus Christ.

Insight: "The secret to change is always to identify and dismantle the basic idols of the heart." (Tim Keller)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Apr 2018, 10:13 am

Date: April 18, 2018 at 1:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+  It's All about Performance

It's All about Performance
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Matthew 6:33

Scripture Focus: Matthew 6

I was raised in a Christian home and was active in my church. After I was married and started a family, my "good church people" lifestyle continued. I tried hard to have my family members conform to expected levels of Christian performance. I thought this was the key to pleasing God and being accepted by Him. The performance mindset seeped into all areas of my life. I equated achievement at work, in church, or at home with my identity and value. Basically, my accomplishments accounted for whether I was a success or failure. So without a job, who was I? What was I? In Luke 4:18, Jesus announced that He had come to set the captives free. Free from what? Free from slavery of performance, of having to measure up, from the burden of trying to be accepted and validated by works. It is Jesus' performance that truly counts, not mine. Only He was fully accepted by His Father. The gospel is the cure when any of us thinks that our achievements are everything. It's not about us; it's all about Him, His kingdom and His righteousness.
Insight: Performance-ism robs you of your freedom. Enjoy freedom in Christ instead!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Apr 2018, 1:19 pm

Date: April 17, 2018 at 2:05 AM

Topic: +DEV+. God's Plan for Job Loss

God's Plan for Job Loss

For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 29

Where is God in all of this turmoil-four job losses in five years? Many thoughts came to me during this period of time, including that I must have messed up somewhere in my Christian life, and this is what I truly deserved. Why couldn't I get hired in a reasonable time? Why was I being so humiliated with these job losses? Being put out of a job can happen to anyone- even good workers-at any time. Since God's love for us is perfect, His design and timing are always perfect for His children, including through job losses. I knew that my work was a gift from God, but it was never meant to be a god. My primary vocation is to follow Jesus regardless of where He takes me in His providential plan for me. I had to realize that only Jesus is the answer to the meaning and purpose of my life, not my work. He promised to prosper me and not to harm me, to give me a hope and a future. Have you found yourself on the rocks financially? Trust the One whose ways are not your ways, who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, the One who cares for you.

Insight: All I ever need or desire is mine in Christ Jesus.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Apr 2018, 4:15 pm

Date: April 13, 2018 at 2:01 AM

Topic: +DEV+. The Gift of Unemployment

The Gift of Unemployment

The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised.  Job 1:21b

Job 1

After many years of consistent employment and a steady paycheck, I experienced my first job loss. My performance reviews were always "top-notch." I got along great with my co-workers and heard, "Job well done" from my bosses. Why wouldn't I ever have a job? So when I heard the words, "You're being laid off," it came as a shock to me and my family. But I had a large network of friends and associates I could count on, so I assumed I would be rehired soon. Instead, the days and weeks went by with no responses to my applications. I started to doubt my abilities. Little did I know that this was only the beginning of my unemployment saga. In fact, during the next five years, I would experience four different job losses. I know now that God had a perfect plan for me; each was a gift from Him. The Lord gave employment, took away employment, and in His time only did He give it back again. "He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap" (Psalm 113:7). He is faithful indeed; may the name of the Lord be praised.
Insight: "Freedom from the slavery of self- sufficiency happens when we crash and burn." (Unknown)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Apr 2018, 10:27 pm

Date: April 12, 2018 at 3:03 AM

Topic: +DEV+. New Citizen, New Creation

New Citizen, New Creation
"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ."  Philippians 3:20

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3

It is not unusual for a person facing a long recovery from a permanent disability to ask, "Why me?" Words from God's people ring true: Job asking why he'd ever even been born (3:11, 10:18), the psalmist questioning why God had forgotten him (42:9). There are days I dwell on the losses from my broken back, and I want my old life back. Focusing on myself, I can't help asking, "Why me?" For followers of Jesus who struggle in this way, remember that you are a new creation and a new citizen. Paul assures us that because of our trust in Jesus, our citizenship is in heaven where one day He "will transform our lowly bodies" (Philippians 3:21a). You are a "new creation" in Christ, he declares (2 Corinthians 5:17). When I recognize my sinfulness and need for a Savior, and when I look at what Jesus has done through His life, death, and resurrection, my attitude begins to change. Then I can say with Job that the Lord has given and has taken away; "may His name be praised" (1:21). Recognizing the Holy Spirit's work in me, I ask now in a grateful tone, "Why me?"

Insight: "Remember He is the artist and you are only the picture. You can't see it. So quietly submit to be painted..." C.S. Lewis

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Apr 2018, 10:51 pm

Date: April 10, 2018 at 2:57 AM

Topic: +DEV+. When Others Care
When Others Care

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.  Galatians 6:10

Galatians 6

Breaking my back has caused me to transition from someone who used to help others in the church and in the community to someone who now has to receive the help. Since there are many things I cannot do, I am dependent on others yo pitch in often to lend a hand. God calls us to care for others in the church. The gifts that God gives each believer are intended for the use of the common good within the church (1 Corinthians 12:7). I recognize that my limitations have become a chance for other believers to fulfill their role within the family of believers to which He's called them. Since my second back surgery in 2002, my family has been privileged to know God more deeply as our provider. I can count the number of people who have helped with repairs our house, fixed things that were broken. I can now see that God provided other believers a way to serve so that He will be praised (Matthew 5:16).

Insight: Be open to extending care wherever the Lord gives an opportunity. "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." (John Bunyan)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Apr 2018, 8:51 pm

Date: April 6, 2018 at 1:58 AM
Topic: +DEV+. All I Once Held Dear
All I Once Held Dear
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.  Deuteronomy 6:5
Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 6

It's easy for good things like family, job success, and financial security to become more important than knowing Christ. We may not openly declare them to be so, but in practicality, they often take priority in our lives. We turn many "good" things into idols. A startling call from the Lord may reveal the idols of your heart. That startling call for me was breaking my back. God's Word showed me that the results of my accident had taken away some idols in my life. The Lord's severe mercy becomes real to us when we lose something precious. "You do not know Jesus is all you need until Jesus is all you have". When left holding nothing but Jesus, we finally see that we're holding onto everything! I have been slowly (and somewhat reluctantly) learning that the struggles following my injury are not worth comparing to Christ's Glory that will be revealed in us (Romans 8:18). They're but a light and momentary affliction compared to the eternal weight of glory I will know in Christ and in eternity (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).

Insight: "All I once held dear, built my life upon,/ spent and worthless now, compared to this/ knowing you, Jesus!" (Graham Kendrick, 1993)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Apr 2018, 11:00 pm

Date: April 5, 2018 at 2:37 AM

Topic: +DEV+  This Only Do I Seek
This Only Do I Seek

This is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  Psalm 27:4

Psalm 27

This is one of my favorite verses in Scripture. While the wicked advanced and enemies surrounded him, David looked to the Lord. His desire to enjoy the Lord was higher than life itself. It is not that David didn't want to live; he was seeking the Lord in the "land of the living" (vs. 13). It's just that he realized his life would one day draw to a close. What is especially beautiful in this psalm is the focus. David's desire was not the gifts, but for the Lord, the giver of them. It's easy to forget just who the Lord is and treat Him as a benefactor making life easier. We fail to remember He is our beloved Father who truly knows us and loves us. The greatest gift in the universe is not a house, a car, a boat. It isn't even your mother, father, husband, wife, or child. It is the Lord Himself, the gift we've received in Christ. When He redeemed us, we received fellowship and adoption into the family of the Living God. Tell Him in your daily prayers of your adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication. He is listening!

Insight: Our prayers enter the throne room of the most high sovereign and loving Father.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Apr 2018, 10:51 pm

Date: April 4, 2018 at 2:30 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Teach Me Your Paths

Teach Me Your Paths

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Psalm 25:4-5

Scripture Focus: Psalm 25

Psalm 1 teaches us that the man who walks in the way of the Lord is blessed. In the 25th psalm, David is praying for just that. Trusting in the goodness of the Lord and praying for mercy and grace, David asks the Lord to teach him. I doubt he means that he doesn't know what's right. Rather, he is asking God to help him do what is right. There is a big difference between knowing how something works and being able to do it. On the one hand I know how to play a piano: you hit the keys and move the pedals, and little hammers hit strings and noise is produced. Yet I have no idea how to make beautiful songs come from the piano. David knows what's right, but his sinful nature keeps him from walking in it. This is the same struggle Paul wrestled with when he said, "For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do" (Romans 7:15). Certainly it is our struggle as well. Lift up this prayer of supplication: "Lord, let your Holy Spirit guide us and correct us. Teach us your ways and teach us to walk in them."

Insight: Our Father is not far from us, drawing us nearer to Him. He sent His Son to save us and His Spirit to guide us.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    
http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Apr 2018, 10:22 pm

Date: April 2, 2018 at 1:30 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Sought with Tears

Sought with Tears

Now, O Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O Lord, are God. 2 Kings 19:19

2 Kings 19

In this prayer King Hezekiah sought the Lord's favor for His name's sake. It was not for Jerusalem alone nor for his own life that he prayed, but for the vindication of the Lord. Other times in their history, Israel had presumed upon the Lord and was handed over to destruction. In this case, good King Hezekiah dons the garments of distress because he sees the destruction awaiting Jerusalem and seeks the Lord in the temple. Hezekiah's request is that God's name be vindicated and that the nations know He is the true God. When you are bringing a desperate and urgent prayer to the Lord, is this what you ask for? I would be much more likely to beg God to "solve my problem!" or "stop the person who is hurting me!" or "turn this disaster around!" Many times the Lord demonstrated His power for Israel, showing that they were His chosen people. Let your requests-even your frantic ones uttered through tears-be ultimately for God's glory. You are His precious chosen one, and He will save you so that His name is held high.

Insight: We may be sure that the Lord answers favorably those prayers in which His glory will shine.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Mar 2018, 11:25 pm

Date: March 29, 2018 at 11:35 PM

Topic: +DEV+. Opened Eyes

Opened Eyes

2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, “O Lord, open his eyes so he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.  
Scripture Focus: 2 Kings 

We see how the Lord answers the prayers of His people. In this chapter of 2 Kings, Elisha prayed and was answered explicitly at least three times. While we might be tempted to discount this since we aren't Bible-era prophets, we should not. Elisha was an imperfect human like you and me. Yet the Lord heard his prayers and was pleased to grant them. As sons and daughters of the King, we are privileged to petition the Lord. A good king knows what is best for His people. Whether the answer is yes or no, we trust that our King of kings is working for our best and His glory. Before the Lord opened the eyes of the servant, the horses and chariots were already there. The prayer didn't changed the reality. The Lord's protection was there for Elisha, and it is there for us, even when we are unaware of it. What changed was the ability of the servant to see. Nothing can befall the children of God outside His command. Not even a hair will fall from our heads apart from His will. We are infinitely safe in His embrace.

Insight: Your Savior is behind the scenes as well as front and center, orchestrating the details of your life and hearing your requests.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Mar 2018, 11:34 pm

Date: March 29, 2018 at 1:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Answered Praye

Answered Prayer

So in the course of time Hannah conceived and gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, saying, 'Because I asked the Lord for him.  1 Samuel 1:20

Scripture Focus: 1 Samuel 1

The story of Hannah shows us an answered prayer, though Hannah probably would not have called it that during the many years she was asking the Lord to grant her a child. The truth of the matter is that God was indeed answering her prayers even through the long period of time she was barren. His answer then was, "No." It is not at all wrong to ask for things from the Lord; Jesus did. It's also not wrong to ask again and again and again (just look at the parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18). We must remind ourselves that the Lord's plans are greater and wiser than ours. So while we pray, we do so with an eye to His plan. We present our request and then echo Jesus' words: "yet not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42). The particular grief of barrenness and begging the Lord for a child is familiar to many. In this and in other "unanswered" prayers, we should bring our requests before the Lord, trusting that His will is best, trusting His perfect character, trusting He will answer our prayers with His good plan for our lives.

Insight: Our Advocate stands in on our behalf, and our prayers are answered according to the infinite wisdom of our loving Father.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Mar 2018, 9:57 pm

Date: March 23, 2018 at 3:17 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Thanks in Eternity

Thanks in Eternity

All the angels, fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: 'Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God forever and ever. Amen!  Revelation 7:11-12

Revelation 7

The final book of the Bible gives us a glimpse through John's vision of what it will be like in the new heavens and new earth of eternity beyond this life. Imagine that day! A great multitude will stand before the Lord and cry out to Him while angels reply in kind. The redeemed and the heavenly hosts will worship the Lord together then. Do you see the list of seven words ascribed to Him? The one in the very center is "thanks." This past week we have thought about thanks as an essential element of our prayers. And now we see that the thanks we offer up daily as we talk to the Lord will be continual in heaven. We won't have to ponder and think about what we should be thankful for, it will just spill out from us! When we consider God's wisdom, honor, power, and strength, how can we but overflow with gratitude to Him for setting His sights on us? The love that God has shown us in Christ is cause for our deepest thanks. Yet we'll know His love even more perfectly than we can imagine in eternity. Thank you, Lord!

Insight: Could there be greater joy for a Christian than to be in the presence of the Lord? What tastes sweet now will satisfy beyond comprehension.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Mar 2018, 11:38 pm

Date: March 22, 2018 at 2:07 AM

Topic: +DEV+. A Joyful Noise of Thanks

A Joyful Noise of Thanks
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  Psalm 100:4 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 100

The praise we are urged in Psalm 100 to offer is, once again, not because of the things of this world. When you think about it, this world is filled with trials and tribulations. There is real pain and suffering here. Sometimes it is simply impossible to feel joyful. How can people enter the Lord's gates with thanksgiving when what has come through their own doors is cancer, divorce, bankruptcy, hunger, childlessness, home foreclosure, job loss, drug addiction, dishonesty, or even death? In the midst of suffering, we can give praise because our God is greater than our pain. When our world has closed in around us, we still can say, "The Lord is good" (vs. 5a). When we receive another rejection, we cling to the fact that "his love endures forever" (vs. 5a). When things and people abandon us, we know that "his faithfulness continues through all generations" (vs. 5b). Because the Lord is good, we can worship with gladness in days of sorrow. He is our joy and our hope. The world is passing away, but He is our inheritance.
Insight: Our source of joy, thanksgiving, and praise is not in the things of the world but in the Creator of it.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Mar 2018, 10:33 pm

Michael Inman 
To:
restoration@embarqmail.com

Mar 21 at 5:51 AM
Date: March 21, 2018 at 12:47 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Thanksgiving Offering
Thanksgiving Offering

"Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me.  Psalm 50:14-15

Scripture Focus: Psalm 50

In the second half of Psalm 50, the Lord sets out an incriminating list of Israel's sins. They have disregarded God's instruction, have taken what isn't theirs, have been morally corrupt, have spoken deceitful and destructive words, and have allowed dissent and conflict within their families. In short, He tells them that they have gone through the motions of honoring Him without actually doing so. Their hearts are far from Him (Isaiah 29:13). Most stunningly, this list sounds an awful lot like you and me. But take note of the value the Lord places on thank offerings. Giving thanks is extremely important to Him (vs. 23); the thankful person will be shown the salvation of God. Thanksgiving is an essential characteristic of God's people. The list of our sins may seem to be always chasing after us, but when we remember all we have to be thankful for, the Lord's goodness and love overtake us. He prepares a better way and offers us salvation through Jesus Christ. There is nothing we could be more thankful for than that!

Insight: Out of the abundance of love we have been shown, let us give thanks and praise.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Mar 2018, 10:58 pm

Date: March 19, 2018 at 11:34 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Thanks to the Giver of Gifts

Thanks to the Giver of Gifts

[The singers] raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: 'He is good; his love endures forever.' Then the temple of the Lord was filled with a cloud,   2 Chronicles 5:13b

2 Chronicles 5

Having looked at David's praise when the Ark came to Jerusalem, we now focus on Solomon's response when the Ark was brought into the temple. Again we find thanks and praise based in the character of God. At this point, Israel was arguably at its peak. The kingdom under Solomon had grown to its largest. The temple was completed, and Israel looked forward to peace and prosperity. The son of David ruled on the throne, and the Lord granted him wisdom beyond measure. The people could have looked at all these things and given thanks and praise only for them, but there was something greater than the gifts. That, of course, was the Giver Himself. Think of all the things in your own life that you can and should thank the Lord for. Hundreds of blessings come to mind immediately. The greatest gift that we have received is God Himself. In Christ, we receive not only forgiveness, but adoption. We are welcomed as His sons and daughters. As a result, we shall enjoy in heaven His presence in ways that we cannot even fathom now.

INSIGHT: What Israel experienced as the glory-cloud filling the temple, we experience today as the Holy Spirit within us.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Mar 2018, 11:33 pm

Date: March 19, 2018 at 12:56 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Faithful and Just
Faithful and Just

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9
Scripture Focus: 1 John 1

In our concluding thoughts on confession, we turn to John's first letter and marvel at the love of God. Consider God's promise that He is both faithful to forgive and also just to do so. When I think of mercy, I conceive of it as having an end. For example, the parents of a child who is constantly rebellious might reach the limit of what they will tolerate. They come to the point of saying, "That's enough!" While God will not run out of patience, it's all the more comforting to know that He would be unjust to not forgive. Of all the things God is, He is most certainly not unjust. It would be against the very nature of God to not forgive one of His children who confessed a sin. In short, we are assured by the most guaranteed profession there can be-the unchangeable nature of God-that when we confess our sins, we will be forgiven. What a wonderful blessing! With absolute confidence that our Father will forgive, we confess. We humbly approach Him like a rebellious but repentant child who comes to his forgiving, loving parent.
Insight:

With confidence we approach the throne of grace to confess our sins, knowing that in Christ we are forgiven.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Mar 2018, 7:57 pm

Date: March 16, 2018 at 12:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Adoration to Confession
Adoration to Confession

O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love,, we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws.  Daniel 9:4-5

Scripture Focus: Daniel 9

Daniel's prayer starts not with what he wants from God, but rather with a declaration of the character of God. He then contrasts the faithfulness of God with the faithlessness of His people. And that leads to his confession. Our prayers could follow this same pattern. Who of us isn't consumed with the wants and needs of our daily lives? But when we dwell on the attributes of God first, we are driven to confession. The first week of this month's devotions encouraged us to look at that character and voice our awe. This week we are seeing our sins thrown into stark contrast with the goodness, holiness, and faithfulness of God. Our confession isn't just that we've sinned; it's also all the specific ways that we have. And while the Lord desires our confession of sin, He desires all the more our turning from it. Daniel says, "We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy" (vs. 18). That mercy is shown forth most excellently in Christ Jesus. Therefore, we pray in His name.

Insight: In Christ we have forgiveness. We do not have to fear the loss of God's love; rather we please Him as we come in repentance.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2018, 8:22 pm

Date: March 8, 2018 at 1:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Confess and Forsake

Confess and Forsake

He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy. Blessed is the man who always fears the Lord, but he who hardens his heart falls into trouble.  Proverbs 28:13-14

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 28

Today in Proverbs we return to the familiar biblical theme that the Lord promises mercy and grace to those who turn from their sins and repent. The entire 28th chapter is a contrast between the ways of the wicked and the ways of the righteous. And in the exact middle of the chapter is this particular passage of confession and forsaking sin. As Christians we are well aware that we do not live perfectly before God. We all have fallen short. Yet we also know that there is mercy to be found at the cross. Do not hide your sin or pretend to be clean. The guilt and sense of an owed debt will not just fade away if you give it enough time. But the grace the Lord promises and is known for will wash over your sin because Jesus came to pay the price. In Christ we know the mercy of God, we know the grace of God, we know the provision He has made. You can know the feeling of a weight lifted from your shoulders because your Savior bore a cross on His shoulders for you. In light of His mercy, confess your sin to Him now.

Insight: Daily confessing your sins to your heavenly Father will help you grow ever closer to the giver of good gifts.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Feb 2018, 9:54 pm

Date: February 21, 2018 at 1:20 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Blessed Is the One
Blessed Is the One

When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long, Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity, and you forgave the guilt of my sin.  Psalm 32:3, 5

Scripture Focus: Psalm 32

The psalmist admits the pain of hidden sin. Every one of us, of course, is familiar with the reality of our secret sins. The people around us each day may be none the wiser, but our God sees and knows all. The psalmist confesses the weight and groaning he suffered, knowing himself to be unrighteous and yet pretending otherwise. It's exhausting living that kind of double life, isn't it? Were the psalm to stop there, we'd have little hope. But it continues. There is One who is faithful and just to forgive. What if you confess a hidden sin to someone who then will not forgive you? This is a very real possibility. The comfort the psalmist gives us is that our Lord promises His unfailing love will surround us (vs. 10). We are counted among the blessed (vs. 1) because our faithful Lord forgives those who confess their sins. We can delight in the freedom of forgiveness. Hidden sin will eat away at the core of our being, robbing us of our strength. Instead, confess, be cleansed and restored. And count your blessings!
Insight: We are called to confess our sin to a gracious and forgiving God who has already paid the price for it.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Feb 2018, 2:10 pm

Date: February 19, 2018 at 1:57 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Seek the Lord

Seek the Lord
Seek the Lord while he may be found; call on him while he is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy,  Isaiah 55:6-7

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 55

The Lord cries out through Isaiah to His people, urging them to turn from their sins and turn from the hardness of their hearts. Repent while there is time! This passage is a serious reminder to all of us that a time is drawing ever closer when repentance will no longer be open to the sons of man. There is but one life, and then there is judgment. Many different cults have spread the lie that after death there is another chance to repent. Such a view is utterly outside the bounds of Scripture. The prophets called Israel to repentance, but many were hard-hearted and perished. This same sobering call now goes out to the nations and to us. But take heart, Christian! You need not fear of judgement day, for you are cleansed in the blood of the Lamb. While you are called to repent daily of your sin and become more and more like Jesus, you can do so not out of fear, but out of love. Lay all your sin down before Him; He paid for it at the cross so you could draw close to your Beloved as a bride does to her husband.

INSIGHT: Make repentance a part of your prayer, for the Lord greatly desires His bride to be conformed to His image.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Feb 2018, 11:56 pm

Date: February 16, 2018 at 1:54 AM
Topic: +DEV+. Seek and Turn

Seek and Turn
"If my people, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."   2 Chronicles 7:14

Scripture Focus: 2 Chronicles 7

After Solomon finished the temple in Jerusalem, the glory of the Lord filled it. That night, appearing to King Solomon, God promised that when the people sought Him and turned from their sins, He would hear their prayers and restore them. Though these words were directed to the son of David thousands of years ago, the Lord desires the same for us. He assures us that when we seek Him and turn from our sins, He forgives. He has given us the Holy Spirit in degrees even beyond which the Old Testament saints enjoyed. His Spirit works in us both to seek and to turn. The more we draw near to God and understand His holiness, the more our sin grieves us. It becomes clear that we are not dealing with just the breaking of this rule or that; sin has tainted every part of our being so that even our best acts are like filthy rags (Isaiah 64:6). As we see our sin for what it is, grasping the depth of it, we repent. May He draw us ever closer to Him, show us our sin, and grant us forgiveness. Confess to the Lord in prayer.

Insight: In response to the love shown to us in Christ, run to your Savior, not from Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Feb 2018, 12:55 am

Date: February 15, 2018 at 1:31 AM

Topic: +DEV. I Can See Clearly Now

I Can See Clearly Now

'Woe to me!' I cried. 'I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.'  Isaiah 6:5

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 6

In our ACTS acronym for prayer, the C stands for confession. It is good to follow the opening adoring parts of prayer with heartfelt admission of sin and repentance. Confessing and asking for forgiveness is like clearing the air before speaking with someone you know you've wronged. An old song says, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone." It's somewhat like that for Isaiah. When his character is displayed against the holiness of God, the veil of ignorance is torn down. Often we see ourselves as good when we look out on the world. When we see horrors in suffering, crime, slavery, and war, it is easy to compare ourselves and think we are clean. We say, "Sure I sin, but not like that." Yet compared with Him who dwells in unapproachable light, we are utterly depraved. Confession of sin is the proper response. We can't take away our own sin; only God can do that through His Son. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)

Prayer A.C.T.S.

Adoration

Confession

Thanksgiving

Supplication

Insight: Confession of sins is the natural response to God's holiness. Once our sinful blinders are removed, we can see our sin for what it is.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next