World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:55 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:30 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:24 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 8:57 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 12 Jun 2018, 12:46 pm

Date: June 12, 2018 at 2:30 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Called by Name

Called by Name

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."  Colossians 3:17

Scripture Focus: Colossians 3

Would every sentence I say or think, every action I complete, bring glory to Jesus? Sadly, no. We'd all feel hopeless if it weren't for the encouragement and grace rained down on us in Scripture. There we find one person after another who, despite multiple failures, was called and welcomed by the Lord. Zacchaeus would be one of those. A tax collector (and the chief one at that!), he was wealthy and had not come by it honestly. As Jesus passed by the short man gaining a view from up in a tree, He did a most amazing thing: He called Zacchaeus by name. Well, of course, you say. Since Jesus was also God, He knows every name! But more stunningly, He called Zacchaeus by his name which means "clean, pure, righteous one." As He was making His kingdom of righteousness known, turning peoples' conception of it upside down, Jesus called the cheating, scheming Zacchaeus "righteous one." Just as Jesus called him what He'd already made him to be, Jesus calls us by name, making us even now His chosen precious ones who live for His namesake.

Insight: How can God know and call each of us by name? Here's what he says: "I have summoned you by name; you are mine" (Isaiah 43:1).

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Jun 2018, 3:36 pm

Power in the Family Name

"No one is like you, O LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power."  Jeremiah 10:6

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 10

The David and Goliath story is one of the most familiar in the Bible. But it has been treated lightly by many who place it along with stories like Jonah and the Whale or Daniel in the Lion's Den as merely dramatic tales for children, teaching them bravery and obedience. The true accounts of these biblical stories speak much deeper to us than this. Look at the real weapon young David used: "I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel" (1 Samuel 17:45). David's strength was in the great name of the Lord, the name which already had proved itself again and again. God's name is power. In fact, it is your power! But also look at Saul's question immediately after Goliath was killed. "Whose son is that?" Did David's family background account for his extraordinary conduct, he wondered? Yes, indeed, more than Saul realized! David answered that he was Jesse's son, but the beautiful truth is that David was a son of the promise-keeping, powerful God. The namesake of the Almighty God is your family name, too.

Insight: "Brothers and sisters by blood/ this is the family of God/ Oh, we are sons and daughters of the King/ we are the royal family." (The Newsboys, 2016)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Jun 2018, 6:02 pm

Date: June 7, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Name Proclaimed

Name Proclaimed

"She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: You are the God who sees me,' for she said, 'I have now seen the One who sees me."  Genesis 16:13

Scripture Focus: Genesis 16

The story of Abraham and Sarah's slave Hagar makes us think about the namesake of God. It's remarkable that a woman outside of God's chosen people assigns a name to God that even today means much: "the God who sees me." He appeared to Hagar and took up her cause; His mercy is evident. But we're never told in Scripture if Hagar was, in fact, a child of the Lord. What we do know is that God took care of her because she belonged to Abram's family. It was for His namesake that He showed mercy on Hagar. He made His covenant with Abram, promising to be his God and never forsake him. Even as both Abram and Sarai distrusted God and disobeyed, He would not forsake the Egyptian slave in their family. This is the way our covenant-keeping God works. For the sake of His good name, He upholds His promises, whether we identify more with the chosen Abraham who repeatedly steps into sin, or with the mistreated Hagar who hardly knew the Lord. Our God proclaims His name to us, and He is the One who sees and hears in our time of trouble.

Insight: "You are the God who sees/, you are the God who hears/,you see every tear/ you are the God of mercy and grace." (Holland Davis, 2002)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Jun 2018, 2:34 pm

Date: June 6, 2018 at 2:54 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Personal Name of God

The Personal Name of God

"The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."  Jeremiah 31:3

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 31

In the Garden of Eden when Satan crept into God's new and perfect creation, the father of lies began to sow seeds of uncertainty in Adam and Eve. Satan planted a thought that grew into doubt that propagated a whole world of lies. That thought was, Does God really love me? By getting God's children to consider this possibility, Satan slithered in. In Genesis 2, God is always "Lord God," His personal revealed name indicating His deep, never-giving-up love. But when Satan speaks to Eve in Genesis 3, he uses the more impersonal name "God." Eve follows suit. Subtly he distances Eve just a bit from the loving Father who made her. And then, of course, with the decision to sin, that distance became impossibly great. Think of how the name "God" often keeps matters of faith impersonal still today. Few grow uptight when you speak generically of "God." But many do when you mention Jesus Christ. Don't let Satan use his crafty ways to make God seem distant to you. Remember the name of your personal Lord God who will always love you.
Insight: "Dost ask who that may be? Christ Jesus, it is he;/ Lord Sabaoth, his name, from age to age the same/ and he must win the battle." (Martin Luther, 1529)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Jun 2018, 6:15 pm

Date: June 4, 2018 at 11:08 PM

Topic: +DEV+. The Significance of a Name

The Significance of a Name

"A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold."  Proverbs 22:1

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 22

I read a news article about a man who was going to hold up a convenience store but changed his mind in the middle of the deed because he realized he knew the cashier he was about to rob. Knowing the cashier's name reversed his course of action. What if you and I thought of God's great name each time we were at the point of disobeying Him? If we were about to press "send" on that accusing e-mail, or about to falsify that line on our taxes, or about to wrong a friend or let pride well up, but we put our focus instead on the true, holy name of God, might we reconsider choosing to sin? When we claim the namesake of the Living God, calling ourselves "Christians," we have with us the name that is more valuable than anything this world can hold, more powerful than we can imagine. As Luke tells in his Gospel, many of Jesus' followers went out to spread the word of the kingdom of heaven and were amazed that even the demons submitted to them in His name (10:17). Let the good and powerful name of Jesus Christ change you today.

Insight: "Do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Jun 2018, 2:57 pm

Date: May 31, 2018 at 11:22 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Love His Name

Love His Name

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you."   Psalm 5:11

Scripture Focus: Psalm 5

Ever been in conversations with others as they consider names for their babies? Each generation seems to come up with new and more interesting name creations. Often the names have no bearing on who the child is, but we say that we "love that name" anyway. In Psalm 5 we see that to love the name of the Lord is to love the Lord. That is saying a lot! When we love God's name, we acknowledge that He does not take pleasure in evil (vs. 4), that He hates all who do wrong (vs. 5), and that He destroys those who tell lies (vs. 6). Sound a bit unsettling? I know I am guilty on all three counts. If you search your heart, you'll admit you are, too. But this same holy God allows us to come into His presence by His great mercy (vs. 7). He leads us in righteousness (vs. 8). When we admit our guilt and come to Him, He becomes our refuge (vs. 11). He blesses us and is our shield (vs. 12). Instead of casting us off, He spreads His protection over us (vs. 11). Do you love the name of the Lord? It overflows in grace that is greater than all our sin!

Insight: "A sign you are growing in grace: you work harder at remembering people's names and forgetting their blunders." (Scotty Smith)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 30 May 2018, 8:24 am

Date: May 30, 2018 at 1:23 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Secured by His Name

Secured by His Name

"When God made His promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself."  Hebrews 6:13

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 6

My family and I in 1982 went to the theatre and watched the movie E.T. In one scene young Elliott forces his older brother to make a promise and then secure it with an oath; "Now, swear it. The most excellent promise you can make. Swear as my only brother on our lives!" When a promise alone just isn't enough, we ask the other party to add to the promise in order to make us feel secure. God understands this dynamic, and in His love for us, He has graciously not only given us His word, but also He backs it up with the most excellent promise He can make: He swore by Himself. The author of Hebrews says the promise to Abraham was, by extension and by faith, a promise made to us. We are those promised descendants, and Jesus is our perfect, unfailing, forever high priest. When the circumstances of life feel overwhelming, when you wonder if the promises that God makes in the Bible are really true for you, remember that He makes vows for His name's sake. And what He does for His name's sake always has the good of His children in mind.

Insight: "Feelings come and feelings go,/ and feelings are deceiving;/ my warrant is the Word of God–/naught else is worth believing." (Martin Luther)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 May 2018, 9:39 am

Serving for His Name's Sake

"Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith."  Romans 1:5

Scripture Focus: Romans 1

As a pastor, I find that people often argue over motives. More precisely, they argue because they assume they know what the other party's motives are. The truth is, it is almost impossible to know what another person's motives are. Why did the Apostle Paul put his life on the line again and again by proclaiming the gospel when he could have had much easier circumstances by just keeping his mouth shut? We don't have to guess; Romans 1:5 says it was for the sake of the name of Jesus. Because Paul had received grace from God through faith in Christ, he willingly transitioned from being a leader to a servant. His life goal was to make Jesus famous. Even if it cost him his life, he would tell everyone that Jesus had done everything necessary to make us right with God. People and nations are capable of doing amazing things as well as atrocious things to defend their reputations. We all have a tendency to defend our name at just about any cost. Will you step outside of your comfort zone to tell someone about Jesus' name today?

Insight: "the Cross before me the world behind,/not to us, but to your name be the glory." (Chris Tomlin, 2002)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 May 2018, 11:33 am

Date: May 25, 2018 at 2:36 AM

Topic: +DEV  Refined for His Name's Sake
Refined for His Name's Sake

"See, I have refined you, though not as silver; I have tested you in the furnace of affliction. For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this."  Isaiah 48:10-11a
Scripture Focus: Isaiah 48

"Your honor, we, the jury, find the defendant guilty as charged." Imagine how those words would echo in your mind if you were facing a life sentence without parole. Think of how amazing it would be if the judge came back later to see you and announced that he was going to set you free, for no other reason than out of grace. That is essentially what we read in this Isaiah passage. The Jewish people had been taken captive from Judah to Babylon because they had turned from God to idols. God reminds them of their guilt and tells them that He has them in captivity to refine them. While it feels as though they have been cut off, that won't be the case forever; God will intervene. And we know that He led them (once again) out of captivity to the Promised Land. Why? For His glory, for His name's sake. God's commitment to His name undergirds all He does. Praise God for that good news for you and me. God's "passion to save and purify feeds itself not from the shallow soil of our value but from the infinite depth of his own" (John Piper, 1987).

Insight: "The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us Good because he loves us." (C.S. Lewis)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 May 2018, 1:32 pm

Date: May 24, 2018 at 2:01 AM

Topic: +DEV+  You've Got be Kidding

You've Got be Kidding

"Then he said, I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob."  Exodus 3:6a

Scripture Focus: Exodus 3

When I think of Abraham, I am inclined to think, "Sure he was a sinner, but he wasn't that bad." And Isaac seems to play a smaller role in Genesis. But Jacob? You've got to be kidding me! How could God possible identify Himself with a conniving, lying, scheming, selfish, faithless man? How could He even allow Jacob to be one of His people? Of course, the answer is found back in Genesis 28:14 where the Lord says, "I will not leave you until I have done all that I promised you." There it is again: God's actions in history are bound up in His promises. And He always keeps His promises. It is who He is. Out of sheer grace He made a covenant with Abraham. By sheer grace He extended that even to a guy like Jacob. And that is good news for you and me because we tell lies, we act selfishly, and we hurt others. Like Jacob, we need someone who will wipe away the record of our sin and make us right with God. That's Jesus. By faith Jacob became a citizen of heaven (Hebrews 11:9), and by faith we become children of the living God.

Insight: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith–and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 May 2018, 9:50 am

Date: May 22, 2018 at 1:24 AM

Topic: +DEV+  He Is

He Is

"God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM."  Exodus 3:14

Scripture Focus: Exodus 3

God rescues His people for the sake of His great name, but what exactly is His name? When God refers to Himself, He is "I am." When we refer to Him we are to call Him "He is," a phrase which translated into English is Yahweh, Jehovah, or, more commonly, the Lord. Much has been written about this name, but I think author J. Douma beautifully summarizes that God's name means, "I exist as Savior and Liberator, I make real what I say, I do what I have promised." When God promised to send a Savior (Genesis 3:15) through Abraham's line (12:2-3), nothing and no one would get in His way. God does what He says He will do. And despite the rebellion and sin of Abraham's descendants, God rescued them for His name's sake. Do you live up to your namesake? My name, Michael, means “Who is like God?”. Sometimes I am a Michael, and sometimes I'm not. God has saved you for His name's sake, not because He is vain and egotistical but because He can't help it. He is your Savior. When you fail to live up to your namesake, rest in the knowledge that "He Is."

Insight: "Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen." (Psalm 72:19)

Michael D. Inman

Date: May 23, 2018 at 2:00 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The God of Abraham

The God of Abraham

"That night the Lord appeared to him and said; I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you,"  Genesis 26:24a

Scripture Focus: Genesis 26

We know that Abraham's father worshipped idols (Joshua 24:2). Scripture records two occasions when Abraham lied to save his own life (Genesis 12, 20). Yet God identifies with him. Why? Why is the Lord willing to say He is the God of Abraham, a sinner? It's because He's a God who keeps His promises. When I was a kid, my friends and I would sometimes add weight to a promise by saying, "Cross my heart, hope to die." In Genesis 15 God adds weight to His promise by passing through the dead animals, telling Abraham that may what happened to these animals happen to me if either one of us fails to keep the terms of this covenant. Abraham failed. But on the cross, Jesus died for his sin as well as for me and you and for all who call on His name. In Christ Abraham was made blameless; God was delighted to be known as his God. Jesus is not ashamed to claim us (Hebrews 2:11). If you come to Him, trusting that He has paid for your sin and given you His righteousness, God will never cast you off (John 6:37). He delights to call you His own.

Insight: "Your worst days are not beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are not beyond the need of God's grace." (Jerry Bridges, 1994)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 May 2018, 11:29 am

Date: May 21, 2018 at 3:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Vain Words

Vain Words

"You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name."  Deuteronomy 5:11

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 5

"Oh, my Buddha!" The one and only time I heard that phrase used was in a cheesy movie. Yet we hear people taking the Lord's name in vain every day. Our culture is so comfortable misusing God's name that doing so is now a three-letter acronym in text lingo. The result is a cheapening in our collective understanding of who God is. We get a picture of who God is in our own lives through the Old Testament. God chose the Israelites to be His, rescuing them from slavery in Egypt and bringing them into their own land. To use His name in vain would be to drag His character through the mud. The God who rescued the ancient Israelites from slavery is the same God who rescues us from our own sin. John wrote his Gospel so that we "may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name" (20:31). We are reconciled to God not by what we have done or by our own name, but by what Christ has done and by the power of His name. If you know the saving power of God in Christ, praise Him today.

Insight: "One name, one name can save/ One name breaKs every chain/ One name, always/ One name, Jesus." (LinColn Brewster, 2014)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 May 2018, 7:38 pm

Date: May 17, 2018 at 10:10 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Rescue at the Red Sea

Rescue at the Red Sea

"We have sinned, even as our fathers did, Yet he saved them for his name's sake, to make his mighty power known."  Psalm 106:6a, 8
Scripture Focus: Psalm 106

Because of its global reach, social media can destroy the reputation of a business with just one bad review. As a result, business owners now spend more than five billion dollars a year hiring firms to protect their online reputation. God cares about His reputation because to do otherwise would be to let evil win. God is truth, beauty, life, light, and love. When His reputation is besmirched, truth and beauty are distorted. Out of love-not out of vanity-God defends His reputation. Psalm 106 is a song presenting a laundry list of Israel's sins. It is also a recounting of God's enduring love. At the Red Sea, God saved Israel so all nations would know that He is mighty to save. When we came to faith in Christ, God began to transform us into the image of Jesus, and He will complete that transformation despite our sin and failure (Philippians 1:6). He will change our lowly bodies into something glorious by His power (3:21). Christian, God's power is on display in you. He will always work in your life for His name's sake.

Insight: "Show your power, O Lord/ Demonstrate the justice of your kingdom/ Prove your mighty word/ Vindicate your name/ Before a watching world." (Graham Kendrick , 1987)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 May 2018, 11:20 am

Date: May 14, 2018 at 11:27 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Favored Traitors

Favored Traitors

"For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own."  1 Samuel 12:22
Scripture Focus: 1 Samuel 12

Et tu, Brute? Benedict Arnold. Judas Iscariot. Do these make you think of traitors who were scorned in their own day and throughout history? We innately sense that betrayal is wrong and ought to be punished. When Israel asked for a human king (1 Samuel 8), they rejected God (vs. 7) and essentially became traitors, deserving punishment. Yet Samuel tells them, "Do not be afraid,You have done all this evil; yet do not turn away from the Lord, but serve [him] with all your heart" (12:20). God was pleased to make them His own, freely and graciously choosing them and putting His name on them at Mt. Sinai (Numbers 6:27). Also for the sake of His name-for His reputation-He would not reject them. Discipline them? Yes. But forsake them? Never. When you came to faith in Christ, you were baptized into the name of the triune God. The Apostle John reminds us our sins are forgiven for His name's sake (1 John 2:12). You and I have earned punishment, but we do not fear. The Lord absolutely will not reject us, for His name's sake.

Insight: "oft our trust has Known betrayal,/ oft our hopes were vain,/ but there's one in every trial/ Constant will remain./ yesterday, today, forever,/ Jesus is the same." (Richard Slater, 1854-1939)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 May 2018, 11:07 am

Date: May 10, 2018 at 12:39 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Blessed Hope
Blessed Hope

"we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, who gave Himself for us to redeem us,"  Titus 2:13-14

Scripture Focus: Titus 2

Does anyone remember what a "hope chest" is? Years ago girls kept large cedar storage boxes to hold crocheted doilies, embroidered pillow cases, sewn tablecloths, etc. For their homes one day. The tradition has faded, but I know there is still much anticipation among brides-and-grooms-to- be as they plan their weddings. In Bible times it was probably the same. Perhaps Mary longed for a future time when she'd be a bride. The angel's sudden entry into her life vastly changed any plans she may have had. She became God's willing instrument. "'I am the Lord's servant,' Mary answered. 'May it be to me as you have said'" (Luke 1:38). God's plans affected her reputation, her whole life, and her future. Have your priorities had to be rearranged? Are you facing a circumstance where you must decide if you will say that you are the Lord's servant or not? Consider Jesus' perfect life offered for us. If He could pray before going to the cross, "not my will, but yours be done" (Luke 22:42), may we also submit willingly in our lives to Him.

Insight: We have more than any "hope chest" could ever contain. We have the true hope: Jesus!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 May 2018, 10:07 pm

Date: May 8, 2018 at 11:00 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Luminaria
Luminaria
"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you."  Isaiah 60:1

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 60

Anyone who visits the southwestern United States during December sees walkways, homes and churches decorated with glowing brown paper sacks. Borrowed from Mexican and Hispanic culture, the tradition of setting out these shining luminarias goes back hundreds of years. Luminarias helped welcome the Christ Child in Christmas celebrations. One chilly Christmas Eve in Albuquerque, New Mexico, my family approached the church where we would sing Christmas carols and receive communion. Glowing luminarias along the sidewalk and on the tops of adobe walls lit the way. The whole interior of the church was lit only by glimmering luminarias and candles, and we couldn't help but reflect on Christ's birth. Those luminarias present a lovely metaphor for us as believers in Jesus. Plain and simple as brown paper sacks, we can be a light in our world, shining for Jesus and glorifying God. It is only because we are but a small reflection of the greatest Light that pierced the darkness and came into this world long ago that we can begin to shine for Him.
Insight: "Jesus is the light of our Christmas, the joy of our hearts, the hope of our world." (Unknown)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 May 2018, 10:29 am

Date: May 6, 2018 at 8:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+  The Greatest Investment

The Greatest Investment

"His master replied, Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!"  Matthew 25:21

Scripture Focus: Matthew 25

Thirty-some years after the baby from Bethlehem had grown up, He would speak about His kingdom. Today's passage in Matthew addresses investing what we have. It tells the story of a man who entrusted various amounts of property to his servants. When he returned from a trip, he wanted to settle accounts. Some showed gains since they had invested their portions. Pleased, the man shared the increase with them. One servant, however, had done nothing with the property entrusted to him. In anger, the master said to take his portion from him, "And throw that worthless servant outside" (vs. 30). Did you know we all deserve to be thrown out like that "worthless servant"? Each of us is in a different place as we go about our activities this Advent. We may be content, or we may be in pain. We may be growing in faith or stunted. Jesus came for us, right where we are, not as He did in Bethlehem 2,000 years ago. He is coming right into your heart. Will He see a return on His investment? He invested everything to make us His own.

Insight: Especially during advent, receive the hope, love, joy and peace of Jesus.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 May 2018, 9:34 pm

Date: May 4, 2018 at 12:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+. He Promised

He Promised
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.  Isaiah 9:2

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 9

When a young boy became fearful as the lights were turned off at night, his parents gave him a small flashlight. If he woke up alone in his room, he could shine it around to see everything was fine. With the small flashlight gripped in his hand, darkness no longer troubled him. A feeling of peace settled on him. From time before the foundation of the world, God knew He would send His Son into a sin- stained, darkened world. As soon as Adam and Eve sinned in Eden, God promised a Messiah who would undo all that went wrong. Throughout history He promised that people walking in darkness would see a great light. All of God's promises became reality one holy night with the birth of a baby. That first Christmas in Bethlehem, God illuminated the world, giving peace to His followers. As we celebrate Advent, we recognize that through Jesus, God is with us. He has not forgotten us! The true Light, Jesus, is the only hope for peace in our world of darkness and fear. His light and peace cause the darkness to scatter.

Insight: "Yet in thy dark streets shineth the everlasting light;/ the hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight." (Phillips Brooks, 1867)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 May 2018, 11:40 pm

Date: May 3, 2018 at 12:02 AM

Topic: +DEV+. A Man Named Joseph

A Man Named Joseph

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: “The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel-which means God with us.”  Matthew 1:22-23

Scripture Focus: Matthew 1

I knew a young man who was in an accident six months before he was to be married. The accident left him paralyzed from his chest down. Wanting to be mindful of his fiancé, he gave her the opportunity to cancel the wedding. But she refused because her love for him had not changed. That's the sort of love Joseph was showing when he was pledged to take Mary as his wife. We can hardly imagine his shock as he discovered before they were even married that she was expecting a baby. A woman pregnant out of wedlock brought tremendous shame on herself and her family. He had a right to leave her. But that night an angel appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit" (vs. 20). God specifically provided Joseph, a man of true compassion, for Mary. With the announcement of Immanuel - that God Himself was coming - Joseph's love won out over any thought of publicly shaming her. What a beautiful picture of Jesus' love for us!

INSIGHT: "Nothing can bring a real sense of security into a home except true love." (Billy Graham)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 May 2018, 12:47 pm

Date: May 2, 2018 at 1:37 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Prepare God's House

Prepare God's House

"Is it a time for you yourselves to be living in your paneled houses, while this house remains a ruin?"  Haggai 1:4

Scripture Focus: Haggai 1

Many years ago, a Sunday school teacher suggested that the Old Testament book of Haggai ought to be required reading during Advent. Now there's a rarely-read book of the Bible! But since the "holiday season" has become so much about pursuing material things, the words of the prophet Haggai are perfect to meditate on. He urged the people to stop and think about where their priorities lie. He pointed out how they had pursued building and caring for their own houses while they allowed God's house to be in complete disrepair. Remarkably, the people responded to the prophet's scolding by immediately setting to the work of re-building God's temple. Perhaps it is time to put aside our selfish thoughts and prepare "God's house." Did you know that your own heart is God's dwelling place? Christmas is all about Jesus, not about the decorations you display, the parties you throw, or the gifts you give and receive. It's about His Word, His love and His giving. Love came down to dwell among us; prepare and make room for Him!
Insight: "Christmas: the Son of God expressing the love of God to save us from the wrath of God so we could enjoy the presence of God." (John Piper)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 May 2018, 9:48 am

Heart Transplants

"I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will Return to me with all their heart."  Jeremiah 24:7

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 24

During the weeks of Advent, we prepare in our hearts for Jesus. We do a lot of getting ready for Christmas, but how does a person actually prepare his heart? Can a heart that is growing stony be softened to the good news of the Savior's birth? Years ago by using a play that used puppets, some friends tried to help young children understand what it is for God to give "a new heart and put a new spirit in you," and what it means that He'd "remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26). The puppet became new when his hard heart was replaced with a soft, flexible one. If only things went as easily with real people! Jesus has performed all the true heart transplants. The One who changed you and me also changed ordinary fishermen and tax collectors. Even as a newborn and as a little child, He transformed the hearts of lowly shepherds and majestic Wiseman. What's the condition of your heart? Is it hardened like stone, exasperated by Christmas? Receive Jesus' gift: a believing heart overflowing with love.

Insight: "The son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." (C.S. Lewis)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Apr 2018, 8:45 am

Date: April 30, 2018 at 2:27 AM

Topic: +DEV+  But Some Doubted

But Some Doubted

When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.  Matthew 28:17

Scripture Focus: Matthew 28
From the time the precious baby was born into this world to the very end of His life, people doubted that Jesus really was the Messiah. Perhaps it all seemed too ordinary or too good to be true. Remember "doubting Thomas"? Jesus never called him that. Thomas' doubt at seeing the risen Jesus just days after he witnessed Him dying on a Roman cross gave voice to what many disciples were thinking: "How could this be?" Jesus pressed His followers saying, "Why are you troubled and why do doubts rise in your minds" (Luke 24:38)? Even at the end of Jesus' ministry as Matthew records it, He spoke the words of the Great Commission while still some doubted. During this Advent Adventure, we, too, may experience doubts about a virgin birth, a supernatural star, or angel appearances. Jesus understands doubters and holds out His nail-scarred hands to us. Our sin drove him to the cross, but it was His love for us that held Him there. Oh, the deep, deep love of Jesus-boundless and free- that draws us without a doubt to the manger!
Insight: "Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith." (Paul Tillich)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Apr 2018, 1:32 pm

Date: April 27, 2018 at 2:37 AM

Topic: +DEV+. In the Beginning

In the Beginning

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, And you will strike his heel.   Genesis 3:15

Scripture Focus: Genesis 3

In our Bibles, we see that all the goodness and wonder of the newly-created world came crashing down by about page three. The fall of man entered that stunning picture of perfect skies and seas, lovely lights in the heavens, amazing variety in plants and animals and humans. Sin had injected its poison into all of creation. But also in Genesis 3 we read of the promise of One who would come to undo all that had been made wrong. It was the promise of One who would rescue His people and the entire world. It was the very first promise of love. When Adam and Eve disobeyed God, their lives and the lives of people in all generations were destined for death. Centuries later, Jesus, the Son of God, came to share God's boundless love, taking it all the way to the cross. Today, Jesus still reaches out his nail-scarred hands to each person on this planet. His enduring love never fails, and it was evident on all the subsequent pages of the Bible, written especially large and clear in the Bethlehem story of Christ's birth.

Insight: When you discover Jesus' gift of love, you will discover the adventure of your life Just beginning.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Apr 2018, 10:47 pm

Date: April 26, 2018 at 1:25 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Adventure Begins

The Adventure Begins

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned, For to us a child is born,  Isaiah 9:2, 6a

Isaiah 9

Advent, beginning several Sundays before Christmas, is the season observed by many Christians as the time of expectant waiting and preparation for celebrating Jesus' birth. The word itself comes from the Latin word meaning "coming." But even a small child who knows nothing of word origins or church traditions understands that with the first day of December comes excitement leading up to Christmas day. Another word that sounds close to "advent" is "adventure." Let's approach this Advent season with a renewed sense of adventure. Might we frame these December weeks as a bold undertaking of an exciting or unusual experience? When the Old Testament prophets spoke of a coming Savior, surely a thrill of excitement overtook those first listeners. Then hundreds of years passed with waiting, and the anticipation may have waned. By the time the foretold Messiah arrived in the flesh, most everyone missed Him altogether. Let's enter our waiting for Christmas with great expectation. Don't miss the Love, Joy, Peace and Hope that have arrived!
Insight: Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Get ready for the adventure of advent!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Apr 2018, 10:02 am

Date: April 25, 2018 at 2:07 AM

Topic: +DEV+. The Uncertainty of Riches

The Uncertainty of Riches

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5  

Hebrews 13
Turn on the TV, and you're bound to hear ads about retirement savings and building up IRA’s or 401(k)s. Financial experts say you'll need X amount of dollars at retirement. I was just as concerned about my IRA retirement fund as the next guy, placing my future financial security in a growing retirement fund. But the words of Proverbs 23:5 were ringing true: "Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone." Unemployment arrived and stayed around a long time. There were bills to be paid and a family to be taken care of. Soon, the IRA retirement fund sprouted wings and flew away as the fund collapsed to junk bond status. When employment finally resumed, we were told to start saving again so we could regain our needed retirement fund value-by age 92! There had to be something else to reassure us that our future was secure. That assurance comes to all of us in the Lord's good Word: "I will never leave you or forsake you." Jesus is our hope, security, and promise. He secured our future when He willingly gave His life on the cross. He is all we truly need for life today and into tomorrow

Insight: "You may confidently fall back upon the providence of God in all times of dire straits and need." (C. H. Spurgeon)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next