World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:22 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Admin

» Why Does Gaza Appear in This Antique Hebrew Scroll?
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 5:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» Israel Bible
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:06 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:21 pm by Admin

» Trinity College Dublin loose cash
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 3:32 pm by Admin

» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 6:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 8 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Thu 15 Jun 2017, 6:22 pm

June 15

Today's Reading: Nehemiah 1; Acts 2:1-21

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of Twos

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. >Proverbs 27:17

A few summers ago, we wrote a Bible study on the Book of Ezra. I learned a lot like the Books of Ezra and Nehemiah used to be Ezra 1 and Ezra 2. These two men worked together for God’s common purposes. Ezra is not just about these two men though. There are multiple twos: Zerubbabel and Jeshua (Ch 3 & 4) and Haggai and Zechariah (Ch 5 & 6). There are 3 sets of twos. This pairing is carried over to the New Testament as Jesus sent the disciples out by twos. How come we do not seem to promote the “twos” today? Husband and wife couples very promoted. There is a very popular church who believes that the husband’s calling is carried over to the wife (like a dual anointing). But after studying the book of Ezra, Moses & Aaron, Elijah & Elisha, Ruth & Naomi, we cannot biblically conclude that God has established husband and wife anointing only. Even in the New Testament, the example of couples in ministry like Priscilla and Aquila being good equalized out the couple of Ananias and Sapphira who represent the bad.

So, how come we do not see other groups coming together for the purposes of God?  Pulling from my own experience, I really think because it is just plain hard. We already have spouses, children, obligations, extended families, neighbors and churches that our relationship box is maxed out.  As I remember back 9 years ago, I said to a friend of mine, “I need a prayer partner that does not get too close. I am already maxed out with my family and my friends. I just need someone who is objective to pray with me and for me without any additional commitment or requirement on my part.” When I prayed about that person, the Lord brought Bobbye to mind. She is totally different than me and we don’t cross any of the same paths. Little did I know that God had a major plan for two women who were willing to pray together and be committed to Him more than to ourselves. Is it hard? Yes but with time, it gets easier.

Let’s get back to praying together, witnessing together, working together so the Lord may be glorified. We are put on this earth to be united for His purposes today like Ezra and Nehemiah were in the past.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Jun 2017, 5:30 pm

June 14

Today's Reading: Ezra 9; Acts 1  

Today's Thoughts: Times and Seasons

And he said unto them, It is not for you to know times or seasons, which the Father hath set within His own authority. Acts 1:7

A close friend of mine was recruited to go to Iraq. The Navy told him that he would be in Iraq from six to eight months. He communicated with us via email and it was evident from his emails that it did not matter how long the Navy said he would be there, he was taking each day as it came--praying that another day would come for him. There were days that he was not sure if he would make it.

We think that knowing the dates, times and seasons would help us to focus. Jesus instructed us that it is not for us to know those things. If the disciples knew that Jesus would not return until after 2000 years, I am sure their focus and convictions would have been different.

For my friend, his focus could not be fixed on staying alive to return to his family. Instead, he said that he focused on the tasks that he was equipped to do for the Navy and for the purposes of Americans. The times and seasons did not matter as much as his focus for the day. That is what Jesus is asking of us today. Live a life that is fixed on Jesus each day. He has equipped us through His Spirit and asked us to do a work for the purposes of God. Those purposes include prayer, fellowship, reading the Word and loving others. It does not matter when He will return if we stay busy with the things He has asked us to do until He returns.

My friend was in Iraq for exactly seven months. The Navy told him one afternoon that he would be leaving for home that night. No advanced notice, no time to call home--just time to go. Jesus' return for us will be the same. It is not about the times or seasons but about each day. Pray that you can keep your eyes fixed on the Author and Finisher of your faith, knowing that at any day, we will soon be going home to Him too.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Jun 2017, 8:04 pm

June 11

Today’s Reading: Ezra 1; John 19:23-42

Today’s Thoughts: A Humble Heart and Willing Spirit

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21-22

So many factors are involved in someone sinning against another. Many times, the thoughts and motives of the one who sinned are not as clear as the reaction of the person who was sinned against. Conflict is hard. Conflict takes a toll on both parties. Defensiveness goes up and trust goes down. Both parties though, the one who needs to forgive and the person who needs to ask for forgiveness, have their share of difficulties. The one who would forgive, deals with skepticism. They hope for real change this time, and deal with thoughts such as, "I hope this is the last time you need to ask forgiveness. I hope this time it works for good. By choosing to forgive you, I may just get hurt again." But the person who continually asks for forgiveness is also in a difficult situation. When we sincerely confess our sin to another, we have to admit to ourselves that we have hurt someone else as a result of our behavior or words. To ask forgiveness repeatedly is to admit that we do not have the ability or power to change that trait in us. So to ask sincerely means that we need to keep seeking ways to change. After a while, it is natural in the flesh to justify and rationalize the sinful behavior instead of continually trying to change. That is why Jesus takes both sides. If someone is repeatedly willing to ask forgiveness, sincerely looking for help, then we need to be willing repeatedly to restore that person back.

I am thankful for Jesus' teaching because I know that He lives by His own teaching. We sin against Him more than anyone else. If we are repentant, He is willing to forgive us - over and over and over again. We have to pray that our hearts remain soft enough to keep asking for forgiveness. His mercies are new every morning, probably because we use up all His mercy the day before.

If you need to ask forgiveness from someone, ask the Lord to give you a humble heart and a spirit willing to change. If you are being asked to forgive, ask the Lord to help you look to Him to help restore the person back in your heart without bitterness. The Lord will help you. He is on both sides. Let us pray that we keep His focus and His heart during the conflicts, and not our own.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 10 Jun 2017, 8:24 am

June 10

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 34; John 19:1-22

Today's Thoughts: Letting Go Is Hard

I am the LORD your God. You shall have no other gods before Me. - >Exodus 20:2-3

Corrie Ten Boom once said that she learned to hold on to things loosely because it hurt too much when God pried them away. There are many things in our life that we get attached to: our work becomes our identity, our homes become our personality, our children become our goals. Sometimes it is hard to know who we were before these things came in and took over our lives. Where do I end and these things begin? When God challenges us on our priorities, it is difficult to truly understand what He is doing.

Because I work in the ministry, it gets confusing at times to separate my walk with the Lord from my work in the Lord. Recently, I have fallen in love with the plans of a ministry that truly helps people and honors God. I received His promises and His revelation of how to get the ministry started. Then, out of the blue, I had the sense that He wanted me to give the ministry to someone else to do. He used me to get the ministry going, but now He wanted me to let it go and not feel that I must do the work for Him. It was hard to let go because that ministry had become a key part of my life. How do you let go of something that God placed in your heart to do, so that you can honor God by not doing it?

We have to remember that nothing is ours. We are just stewards entrusted with the Master's gifts. Our calling is to be obedient. Our hearts are to have nothing above Him, including His ministries. We are to align ourselves up with Jesus, to rest at His feet and to have a relationship with Him. Jesus wants you, not what you can do.

Lord, thank You that You don't want my attention divided. I am sorry that I fall in love with the work to a point of missing Your will. Help me to walk in Your paths and stay in step with Your call. You have given me everything I have and I give them back to You. Be glorified in me. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Jun 2017, 1:55 pm

June 9

Today’s Readings: 2 Chronicles 32; John 18:19-40

Today’s Thoughts: The Arm of Flesh               

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles." 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 

Hezekiah was a king who helped focus God’s people back to the pure and true worship of God. He restored the temple, tore down the high places built to other gods, reinstated God’s feasts and celebrations and was known as a king who led people to celebrate the one and only true God. But now, another nation came up to war against him. Hezekiah knew that this other king had the strength and ability to overcome the Israelites in battle. This king also caused a lot of conflicts for King Hezekiah.

Hezekiah could have just surrendered to the fear caused by the tactics and overconfidence of the king of Assyria but he didn’t. Instead, Hezekiah started building up his military defenses, working hard on repairing broken parts of the walls around the city and making more weapons. Then he spoke the words of these verses that encouraged the people. These words, however, were not just bursts of intimidation as with the king of Assyria, but came from a heart of passion and purpose from the Lord. By verse 20 of the story, Hezekiah and the prophet Isaiah were crying out to the Lord, knowing that He has the power to fight the battle for them. And He did. Verse 22 says, “So the LORD saved Hezekiah and the people of Jerusalem from the hand of Sennacherib king of Assyria and from the hand of all others. He took care of them on every side.”

We worship a God who takes care of us on every side. It was good that Hezekiah prepared for battle, but it was better that Hezekiah prepared His heart to turn to the Lord. The arm of flesh is limited. We need to be prepared to fight as we use the weapons God has given us. The strongest weapon is a tender heart that knows the Scriptures and how to turn to the Lord on our knees. No battle is too great for the Lord.

If you are in a situation today in which you need to see the Lord on your side, get on your knees and start asking for help. God is waiting to show His power no matter what circumstance you are facing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Jun 2017, 7:58 pm

June 8

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 30; John 18:1-18

Today's Thoughts: The Master Builder

For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Corinthians 5:1

I had an opportunity to watch as the first side (panel) of a new building was put in place. The sides of the building were made of concrete and steel. I learned that the foundation of the building was laid first, then the sides were actually placed on top of the foundation. Each panel was engineered and laid out on the ground first, then lifted off the surface foundation and raised up on its side. To say the least, the size of the crane to do this kind of work was awesome. I was told that this particular crane could move up to 300 tons in one lift. The panels were massive in size and weight, but the crane seemed to move them about effortlessly. Within a few hours, the first outside walls of the building were affixed in their places.

As I looked upon this awesome structure, the Lord reminded me of Who made the materials that went into that building. The Lord of heaven and earth created all things and oversees all things that take place here on earth. I reflected on some basic truths about God and me in relation to Him. Buildings made with man's hands can and will be destroyed, regardless of their size and strength. Our physical bodies are to be considered buildings that house our souls and spirits; and they, too, can and will die at some point, regardless of how healthy we try to be. The only building that will remain is the one God builds–"a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." This is the building we should be the most concerned about.

How much time and energy do we put into our earthly buildings? Whether they are the buildings that house our souls or the buildings that house our bodies, we all live within some sort of frame. And regardless of how strong and powerful they seem to be, there is One who handles them all as though they were but dust. Our focus today should be on the Master builder, the One who made each of us in His image. God is the One who created all things and will be the One who determines what happens to all things, even us. For those of us who believe in His Son, Jesus Christ, we have an eternal building prepared for us in heaven. Let's spend some time today working on our spiritual life, not just the physical. Spend some time today with the Master builder.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Jun 2017, 8:55 pm

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 25; John 16

Today's Thoughts: Thirsting for God

As the deer pants for the water brooks, so pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:1-2

Have you ever found yourself with a thirst so intense that you could not focus on anything else? As Americans, we are blessed to have fresh clean water in abundance and going thirsty is not one of our major issues. Contaminated and diseased water is a major problem in many countries today, and without constant work by those who keep it filtered and clean, sickness and death can result. God created us with a thirst for water being one of our strongest desires, for without it, we cannot live. However, the word "thirst" is not limited to just a need for water. To thirst means that we have a vehement desire and craving for something so intense that we become consumed by thoughts of it. What is it today that you are thirsting for?

The Psalmist wrote of his soul thirsting for God, "for the living God." What a beautiful depiction of love and adoration! He uses the deer as an illustration to describe how he longs for his God. As this animal is parched to the point of panting for the water, it sounds as if the deer is about to faint from thirst. The water gives the deer life again as he drinks it in to quench his thirsting body. Instinctively, the animal knows that he will die without water. The Psalmist expresses his desire for the living God the same way, knowing that he will die without the Lord. He loves the Lord so much and desires to be with Him so strongly that he just wants to "come and appear" before Him. Have you ever had that kind of desire for God? Has your soul ever longed for the Lord to the point of thirsting after Him, and panting after Him?

We are constantly telling people to seek the Lord. Through prayer and the study of the Bible, you put yourselves at His feet. Through a daily commitment to spend time with Him, you build a relationship of love and trust with Him. Through worship and praise to Him, you open your hearts to an intimacy of love and adoration. Once you have tasted of His living water, you will thirst for Jesus so intensely that all you will want is to be with Him, to see Him face-to-face. Many Christians do not experience this level of intimacy with the Lord.

If your soul is longing for relief, pray today for the Lord to give you a thirst for Him. And once you have that thirst, act on the things that will bring you closer to Him: prayer, the Word, worship and time with the Lord everyday.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Jun 2017, 5:24 pm

June 5

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 23; John 15

Today's Thoughts: Are You in His Flock?

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.” >John 10:1-3

Jesus began speaking to His listeners with a metaphor that was familiar to them. The sheepfold was usually an enclosure made of rocks with an opening for the door. The shepherd (or watchman) would guard the flock at night by lying across the opening. It was common that several flocks could be sheltered together in the same fold. A group of shepherds would share the responsibility at night allowing each other to sleep in their own beds. The system was like a night shift rotation. In the morning, the shepherds would come through the door or gate and assemble their own flocks, just by their voices. Thieves and robbers could not walk through the gate so they would climb in over the walls, attempting to steal the sheep. But the sheep would not follow them because the sheep would not recognize the stranger's voice. Jesus describes the thieves and robbers as coming to steal, kill and destroy.

During Jesus' time, there were professional religious men (the Pharisees and Sadducees) who were only interested in the people for their own personal advantage. They were more concerned with perfecting themselves according to their own standards and trying to make everyone else feel guilty for not matching up. That is not Jesus. As a good shepherd, He develops a relationship with His sheep so that He knows them by name, calls them personally and leads them. The sheep's responsibility is to welcome, listen and follow the shepherd. The relationship is easy and the burden is light. There is also the sense of security and peace in being protected by the Shepherd. 

We need to realize that the responsibility of our life and death is in the hands of Jesus. We do not need to carry our own burdens as an attempt to help Jesus. The Good Shepherd knows that it is His responsibility to take care of the sheep, just as the mechanic knows that the car can't fix itself. We are protected eternally with Jesus for He alone is the Author and Perfecter of our faith. He began a good work in us and He will be faithful to complete it. The responsibility is on Him. There is peace with Jesus as our Shepherd, our Savior. Our responsibility is to hear His voice and follow Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Jun 2017, 10:37 pm

June 4

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 21; John 14

Today's Thoughts: A Place for Us

“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” John 14:1-3

In John 14, Jesus has become a friend to His disciples, as well as their Teacher and Lord. They have been with each other for three years but Jesus is now saying goodbye. Jesus gave them this message to calm them and to focus them upward instead of inward and outward. Although He is heading to the cross, His focus is on comforting them. Verse One could be translated, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You trust and believe in God even though you cannot see Him, so trust also in Me when you can no longer see Me." Jesus then continues to explain to the disciples that His task at hand while He is away is to prepare a place for them. The Lord wants them to know that He is coming back for them, but in the meantime, He has some very important things to do for them and for us too.

There is more to life than what meets our eyes. We need to fix our eyes and our actions toward heavenly things, for heaven is a real place. Heaven is mentioned often in Scripture: Matthew 6:9 says that heaven is where God dwells (and Jesus now sits at the right hand of the Father), First Peter 1:4 calls heaven an inheritance, Second Peter 1:11 describes heaven as a kingdom, Isaiah 66:1 says heaven is where God reigns on His throne and John 14:2 calls heaven, home. It is home for God's children. A "place prepared" in Greek means rooms or abiding places.  Some of us think it means a palace for Billy Graham and a shack for the person who accepts Christ on his deathbed. But that is wrong. Jesus Christ is preparing a place for all His saints and every such place will be beautiful.

Life is not a dress rehearsal; our troubles, pains, tears and even our actions will all count when we get to heaven. Jesus told us about heaven so that we would know there is more than just the pain we experience here on earth. He wants us to believe and trust Him with our troubles. For James 1:12 says, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." And where will we receive that crown? Aplace prepared in heaven called home!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 03 Jun 2017, 11:20 pm

June 3

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 19; John 13:21-38

Today's Thoughts: In His Time

Yet the chief butler did not remember Joseph, but forgot him. - Genesis 40:23

When Joseph gave the dream interpretations for both the butler and the baker, he requested that the butler tell Pharaoh about him, hoping that the king would release him from prison. When the butler was restored to his position again serving the king, he forgot to mention Joseph to him. No doubt Joseph was disappointed at being forgotten. Can you imagine how it would feel to be in prison for a crime you did not commit and then to be overlooked by the one person who could put in a good word for you? Joseph endured a great deal of anguish through his trials but he remained steadfast as the Lord continued to grant him favor.

How often do we overlook the good deeds of those around us? Have you ever promised to return a favor but for some reason never really did it? When we are in trouble or need help, we tend to pledge whatever someone wants in return for helping us. This bargaining is not always a requirement or necessity for getting help, but it often comes in times of desperation. Have you ever prayed so hard for God to answer a prayer that you vowed something back to Him in return? God is gracious in how He answers such prayers, as most of us can never keep our end of the bargain.

Joseph made a sincere plea to the butler who was about to be set free. "But remember me when it is well with you, and please show kindness to me; make mention of me to Pharaoh, and get me out of this house" (Genesis 40:14). God had a different plan for Joseph as to how he would be set free from prison, a plan that would bless his life and his family's lives in amazing ways. God has a plan for you as well. Pray against discouragement in your circumstances and ask the Lord to give you peace as you wait on His perfect timing. God is sovereign and always knows what is best for us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Jun 2017, 3:00 pm

June 2

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 17; John 13:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Endurance to the End

"For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise:" Hebrews 10:36

I turned off my computer and saw a couple of fingerprint marks right in the middle of my screen. I pulled my shirt sleeve over my hand and began to rub the screen. The marks were still there so I used a paper towel and the marks were still there. I grabbed a dish towel and rubbed some more. They were still there but were beginning to fade. I hate to admit it but my wrist began to tire and I had to stop for a moment. I worked diligently for several more minutes to get the fingerprints off my screen. Normally I would not associate this type of task with the word "endurance" but in this case, it took a while to clean my screen. It seems like such a small thing in the big picture. But, in the midst of these kinds of tasks, I sometimes hear the Lord quietly say to me, "Be faithful in (and keep working on) the little things."

We grow in our walk with the Lord by persevering in the day-to-day tasks that require our patience and endurance. The hardest tests of endurance are often disguised as the monotonous tasks in life. I must admit that I seriously considered just how badly I wanted my computer screen clean. Would I settle for just enough to get by, or would I keep going until the spots were gone completely? Sometimes I think that we are faced with the same question when God begins working on our “spots”. Will we persevere with Him? Do we have the endurance to keep going through the hard times?

The writer of Hebrews mentions more than once our need for endurance. We "have need of endurance" to ultimately receive the promises of God. I wonder how often we get to the edge of the promise land and stop walking. There was a reason the Lord kept telling Joshua to go in and take the land that had been given to them. It took endurance and perseverance to keep walking, to keep taking one day at a time, and to stay focused on the goal. From fingerprint smudges to promise lands, the test for each one of us is whether or not we will keep working until the task is finished. The Lord is so good to give us the goal, and He will lead us every step of the way. However, we must be willing to not only step out but also to keep on stepping forward.

Has the Lord given you a glimpse of the promise land He has for you? Do not stop moving towards it. Pray for endurance and perseverance. The training often comes in the little tasks of the day. Take every opportunity to see a job through to its completion and learn how to lean on the Lord for support and guidance. You never know when the day will come that you take that first step into your land of promise.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Jun 2017, 4:41 pm

June 1

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 15; John 12:27-50

Today’s Thoughts: Permanent Ink

He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelation 3:5 

When my son was in the first grade, he came home from school very concerned. He said to me, “Mom, I got in trouble at the lunch tables today. My teacher wrote my name down and put it in her desk.” Sensing his anxiety, I told him not to worry. I knew that the teacher would call me if she had any real concerns. He then said, “But mom, you don’t understand, she wrote my name in permanent ink.” 

So often in life, having our name written in ink signifies a remembrance of something we have done wrong, ranging from teachers’ notes to public court records. But there is one place that we all should desire to have our names written in permanent ink. That place is called the Book of Life and the ink is nothing less than the blood of Jesus. Our names are not written down to remind Him of our sins or wrongdoings but to secure our place in His heavenly home for eternity. The only way to gain entry into this Book is by accepting Jesus Christ as Savior and by believing that without His redeeming blood, our sins require a penalty of death. It is the blood of Jesus that keeps our names in His Book of Life permanently. He promises that, by His blood, He will never leave us nor forsake us, and He is permanently with us.

Are you assured today that your name is written in the Book of Life? The only way in is to accept Jesus as your Savior and to mean it with all your heart. Confess your sins and ask Jesus to forgive you. Thank Him for the work on the cross and know in your heart that without His redeeming blood, all are lost. This is one Book that you want to be sure your name is written in permanence.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 May 2017, 2:25 pm

May 31

Today’s Reading: 2 Chronicles 13; John 12:1-26

Today’s Thoughts: The Thrill of Victory

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith. >1 John 5:4

Did you know that this word "victory" is used only six times in the New Testament? The Greek word for victory is "nike" and it means "a conquest" or "means of success." For many of us, the word Nike refers to the mega-sporting enterprise that sells shoes and clothing. Victory has been skewed by society standards to now mean something of extraordinary achievements. But Jesus would come and tell us to just have faith, for through faith we will be victorious.

How many of us as Christians today have victory in our lives? How awesome to experience the thrill of victory! But far too often we face the agony of defeat. Jesus did not come to earth, give His life, and leave us His Holy Spirit, just so we could enter heaven. Yes, He came to give us eternal life if we believe in Him, but He wants us to experience heaven on earth--today. Heaven on earth in this day and age? Is such a thought really possible?

Today's verse tells us that "whatever is born of God overcomes the world." If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, then you have been born of God and are His child. To even accept Jesus indicates a position of faith on your part, for "by grace you are saved through faith" (Ephesians 2:8). But real victory does not stop here, it begins here. Faith must be grown, matured and developed by the tests and trials of life. One reason prayer is so important is that our faith is increased every time we see God answer our prayers. And we must plant His word on our hearts and in our minds, for "faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (Romans 10:17). Christians who have weak prayer lives and no time in God's Word will face the agony of defeat more than the thrill of victory. But Christians who pray, who read the Bible, and who seek the Lord with all their heart will have victory simply because of their faith. Just remember, however, that victory in Jesus is not always defined the same as victory in the world.

Does your life reflect more victories or more defeats? Where do you spend your time and what are you seeking after? Start today by asking the Lord to increase your faith. Start praying for God's help. Confess and repent from any worldly desires that steal your time and attention away from the Lord. Begin reading His Word and praying for more understanding of how to apply it in your life. At some point, we must decide which way we want to live; and then start acting on the faith given to us through Jesus. Then, and only then, will we have victory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 May 2017, 5:40 pm

May 30

Today’s Reading: 2 Chronicles 10; John 11:30-57

Thoughts on Today’s Passage: Comfort in Spiritual Sight

So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And Elisha prayed, and said, "Lord, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. 2 Kings 6:16-17

Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you felt outnumbered? At times, many of us feel overwhelmed, either by people or by circumstances. Elisha and his servant found themselves outnumbered as the Syrian army encircled their city. When Elisha’s servant saw the number of horses and chariots ready for battle, he became immediately afraid. But Elisha saw their situation through spiritual eyes, not physical ones. Elisha saw God's army and what an army it was! The keys to this story, however, lie in how Elisha prayed and how God answered. Elisha asked the Lord to open the eyes of his servant so that he could see into the spiritual realm. God then opened his eyes. How relieved that young man must have been!

Paul says in Ephesians 6:12 that "we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." These spiritual forces are at work continually, even though we cannot physically see them. However, there is also a spiritual army fighting against them, God's army. In those times when we feel outnumbered and overwhelmed, we are to take comfort in knowing that our Lord and Savior is always protecting us.

How are you feeling today? As Christians, we will fight in battles, some harder than others, but battles and warfare are part of this life. The issue for us is how to handle them. Do we succumb to fear and paranoia? Or do we ask the Lord to open our eyes so that we may see? I think we should opt for the second choice. Our first line of defense should include prayer. Tell the Lord your fears and feelings, and ask Him to show you His plan for your protection. Sometimes the reason we go through battles is for our spiritual growth. It is through having our eyes opened that we truly begin to see the Lord working. Start asking Him today-- you might surprised at all He shows you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 May 2017, 8:56 am

May 29

Today's Reading: 2 Corinthians 7; John 11:1-29

Today's Thoughts: Seeking God

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Do you really want God to hear your prayers? Would you like to know how to get God to listen to you? Read today's verse and notice what God Himself is telling His people to do to get His attention. The children of Israel had turned from God. They practiced idolatry of all kinds, worshipping other gods, disobeying God's laws and living their lives according their own desires. Regardless of the depths of their sin and wickedness, the Lord showed them mercy. God wanted to give them a chance for redemption but the people needed to come back to Him.

The Lord clearly tells the Israelites what to do: humble themselves, pray, seek, and turn. In return, the Lord says that He will hear, forgive, and heal. Right here, in this one verse, we receive a message from the Lord that is just as relevant today in our lives as it was back then. First of all, we are told to humble ourselves. If you notice the order, humility comes before prayer. God wants us to come to Him in submission, in lowliness and brokenness, recognizing our desperate need for His saving grace. Then, we pray. We pour out our hearts to the Lord, asking, seeking and knocking for His response. In prayer, we must seek not only answers, but we must seek His face. To seek God's face demonstrates our love for Him, our desire to know Him, and our relentless pursuit of His attention. We need more than just words; we need intimacy and fellowship with Jesus. Finally, our prayers must include confession and repentance of our sins. Again, not just in words asking forgiveness, but in a true desire to change. To change means that we are willing to turn from our "wicked ways" and start following the Lord's ways by obeying His Word.

Regardless of where you are today in your relationship with the Lord, be assured of one thing: He wants more of you. If you feel distant from God, He wants you to know He is not distant from you. If you feel close to God, He wants to be even closer to you. If you humble yourself before Him, pray and seek His face, and are willing to turn from your sins, then He promises to hear, forgive and heal you. Just ask Him. Humble yourself before the Lord today and open your heart to Him. Be sincere, honest and vulnerable before Him. If you come to the Lord in this manner, you will definitely have His attention, and your heart will be ready to receive His answers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 May 2017, 8:56 am

May 28

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 4; John 10:24-42

Today's Thoughts: No Favorites With God

For there is no partiality with God. >Romans 2:11

As school is coming to an end, my second grade daughter is very aware that she hasn’t received the student of the month award all year. She is troubled by this. I hear her saying to me over and over, “I just want to be the teacher’s pet. My teacher has two pets and I am not one of them.” When I asked her to explain, she said, “Mom, you know that you are the teacher’s pet when the teacher says, ‘this student has worked very hard this year’ and gives them an award. They haven’t worked any harder than a lot of us.” She continued, “The teacher makes up that excuse because the teacher just likes them more than everyone else.”

It breaks my heart to hear her say these things but she is probably right. There are some people that we get along with better than others. There are certain personalities that fit better. Isn’t that why we get married? We are convinced we can live with “this person” the rest of our lives.

Well, I take great comfort in knowing that God does not play favorites. The Lord loves each of us exactly the same and not one of us has a more special part of His heart than another. He chooses the gifts He gives to us for our good, not His. The Lord has no partiality. If we ask for more of the Holy Spirit or for more wisdom or to be used more, He works with us in answering those prayers. The same is true for those who are saved. In Romans 10:12-13, Scripture says, “For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call upon Him; for ‘Whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved.’”

I know from personal experience that I am not saved because of my sinlessness or good behavior. I am thankful that the Lord continues to rescue me and answer my prayers despite my behavior. I am grateful that His grace continues to cover me as He uses me more and more just because I ask Him to. God wants our hearts. Our behavior won’t always follow right away. But God doesn’t play favorites, and we can rest knowing that He loves each of us so abundantly that one day we will each receive the “Teacher’s pet” award.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 May 2017, 10:12 am

May 27

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 1; John 10:1-23

Today's Thoughts: God is Keeping Watch

"---shall be keeping watch over the doors" >2 Chronicles 23:4

As I was leaving my house to go out of town for a few days, I said a prayer and asked the Lord to watch over my home while I was away. I was leaving behind my husband and my dog. Though the two of them are fairly self-sufficient, they are not always the most attentive to certain needs in the home. I prayed for the Lord to see that the daily activities would continue without me being there to take care of them. One of my greatest concerns involved Buddy, my Bassett Hound. He loves to wander off when given the opportunity and although I have “doggy-proofed” the escape routes, my husband leaves them open at times (like garage doors). So, with that in mind, I prayed for the Lord to watch over Buddy and keep him safe, regardless of what may happen.

I came home to learn that Buddy did indeed get out. My husband did leave the garage door open--all day! A neighbor told him that Buddy was literally sitting in the street, as cars slowed and honked for him to move. As the Lord watched over Buddy, however, He made sure that the neighbor escorted Buddy back home and put him in our yard. Needless to say, I was at first shocked and upset that this had happened, but all I really could do was praise the Lord. God is good. I know that the Lord even had me pray that prayer for protection specifically for Buddy because He would get the glory when I found out what had happened.

Take time today and pray that the Lord will watch over your home, your family, your business, everything that you have. We never know what a day will hold. We need to practice praying for certain things everyday and protection is a big thing to pray for. We are promised that "the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one" (2 Thessalonians 3:3). And that “His name is our shelter, a strong tower for the righteous to run to” (Psalm 18:10). Say a prayer as you leave your house today and sense the peace of God who will be watching over your doors.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 May 2017, 2:49 pm

May 26

Today’s Reading: 1 Chronicles 28; John 9:24-41

Today’s Thoughts: One Thing Will Remain

Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. Matthew 24:35

Time passes and life goes on, but there will come a day when the world as we know it will cease and pass away. Heaven and earth will be gone. In Noah's day, even as he built the ark and told the people of what was to come, they continued on as usual. They ate, drank, married and did all the things in life just as they always had done. Then the rains came, and within 40 days every living thing was under water, except for Noah and his family. Noah's family was safe in the ark. They listened to God's words and were saved.

The Bible is filled with prophecies concerning the last days. Many biblical scholars who study prophecy fully believe that we are in the last days and that at any moment our lives will be forever changed. Jesus could return at any moment. Are you ready? Or do you think that your life will just keep going? God did promise us that one thing would continue. He told us that His Word will never pass away. His Word through His Son, Jesus, will save us. All we have to do is believe in Him to live forever with Him. Our bodies will die but our eternal life will go on and on. We need to live for that day when we hear the Lord say, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord' (>Matthew 25:23).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 May 2017, 10:27 am

May 25

Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 25; John 9:1-23

Today's Thoughts: Inquire of Him First

Some men came and told Jehoshaphat, "A vast army is coming against you from Edom, from the other side of the Sea. It is already in Hazazon Tamar" (that is, En Gedi). Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah. The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him. - 2 Chronicles 20:2-4 

Think about one difficulty you are facing right now. It might have to do with your family, your finances, conflicts at work or even an accident you recently had. All these things can be considered as armies coming against you. I know from personal experience that any circumstance that has overpowered me is an army coming against me. I might come up with my own schemes and plans, but nothing I do is going to fix it. In desperation and anxiety, I cry out to the Lord.

Crying out to the Lord as a last resort is a lot different than "resolving to inquire of the Lord" from the start (as Jehoshaphat did). God honored Jehoshaphat's prayer and then he honored the Lord by singing praises to God before the battle even began.

Circumstances are difficult in life. Many times, we wonder what is really going on and why is the Lord allowing this to happen? All the Lord wants is for you to include Him. Circumstances can be hard but His answers to your prayers are not. Go to God today first. Tell Him, "Lord, I don't know what to do but I am looking to You." He not only hears, sees and answers, but He assures the victory. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 May 2017, 8:45 pm

May 24

Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 22; John 8:28-59

Today's Thoughts: To Please Him

And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him.” John 8:29

Jesus is a man who came from His Father to do those things that always please Him. And because of Jesus' obedience to His Father, His Father became our Father. It has bothered me to think that it pleased the Father to send Jesus to the cross. When I think of love, I do not want to equate it with suffering. But my perspective remains earthbound. God did not equate the cross with suffering as much as the cross was equated to glorification. The cross glorified the Son in restoring and bringing everything back under the authority of Christ. The cross brought salvation to us. As a result, we too suffer on earth for the greater call of glorification for eternity.

Because of Jesus' death, we can say with confidence that the Father has not left us alone. He has given us His Holy Spirit to intercede for us, counsel us, teach us and comfort us. We are never alone. But Jesus' words tug on my heart the most when He said, "I always do those things that please Him." Oh, how I pray that I can live a life that pleases Him. To hear Him so clearly, and know Him so dearly that nothing distracts or takes away from the call to please Him is the cry of my heart. Suffering becomes less and less the focus as my desire to please Him becomes more and more.

Oh Lord Jesus, You are my Savior and Lord but you are also my example. I want to be like You to please You. Let the things of earth become strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace as I daily seek Your face. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 May 2017, 6:22 pm

May 23
Today’s Reading: 1 Chronicles 19; John 9:1-27

Today’s Thoughts: Lift Up Your Eyes

Song of Ascents. I will lift up my eyes to the hills-- From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; The Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore. Psalm 121:1-8

Today's psalm is one of my favorites. I read it and meditate on the words when I need encouragement from the Lord. Are you in need of encouragement today? Do you feel as if trouble surrounds you? Maybe you feel as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders. Let's be encouraged together as we look at what these verses are saying. First of all, we need to look up and "lift up" our eyes to the hills. We need to look up at the Lord and believe that He is coming to help us. Acknowledge that our Lord is the One who made heaven and earth with amazing power and majesty. He is strong enough to help us. I love the verse that says He "shall neither slumber nor sleep." Our Lord is watching over us constantly. He is our keeper.

This message is not just for today but also for eternity. He preserves our soul and protects us from all evil. He preserves our every move and keeps watch over us everywhere that we go. Because of His Son, Jesus Christ, all who believe in Him are preserved for eternity in heaven. Some days seem longer than others here on earth, but be encouraged and know that the Lord of heaven and earth has His eyes upon you every moment of every day. Take comfort in the words of this psalm and meditate on it throughout times of trouble. Consider these precious words as promises from God, and trust that He always keeps His promises.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 May 2017, 4:02 pm

May 22

Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 16; John 7:28-53

Today's Thoughts: Too Hard for the Lord?

And the Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh, saying, 'Shall I surely bear a child, since I am old?' Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son." Genesis 18:13-14

Abraham was 100 years old and Sarah was 90 years old when Isaac was born. Both Abraham and Sarah were well past child bearing age. Most likely, they could not imagine having a baby at such an old age, but God had a different plan. The Lord knew the exact time in which Sarah would have Isaac and it would clearly be a miraculous blessing to her life. Throughout the years, as the Lord kept telling Abraham of this promise, Abraham kept believing and waiting on the promise to be fulfilled. Twenty-four years after God first promised an heir to Abraham, three men showed up at Abraham's door. The Lord was one of the three and He again restated His promise that they will bring forth a son, a baby boy. Sarah reacted by laughing. The Lord responded with a question: "Is anything too hard for the Lord?"

Abraham was a man of faith. God said it and Abraham believed what God said. Simple, pure, powerful faith. Sarah believed Abraham and trusted his words but when the Lord showed up, she lacked in her faith to believe. She even laughed at what God said. For us, sometimes it is easier for us to believe a person or to believe in a person than to trust in God. If God gives us a promise we can have a hard time trying to work it out ourselves. The hardest part is waiting on the Lord to fulfill it. We wait, we wonder and sometimes we worry but God is always faithful to keep His promises. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. Nothing. If He says it, then He will do it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 21 May 2017, 10:36 pm

May 21

Today’s Reading: 1 Chronicles 13:1-54; John 7:1-27

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of Praying Scripture

For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19

It is an amazing blessing to learn to take Scriptures and make them our personal prayers. The third chapter of Ephesians gives us a great example of doing this because it is a real prayer that Paul prayed for the recipients of this letter. Let's make it our prayer today.

Dear Lord, I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that You would grant me, according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in my heart through faith; that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height--to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that I may be filled with all the fullness of God. I ask this prayer of Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I ask or think, according to the power that works in me, to You be the glory in the church of Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Take time to study, meditate and write your own prayers from Scriptures that speak to your heart. God's Word is powerful and life-changing, especially when we make them personal and pray them back to Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 May 2017, 10:43 am

May 20 

Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 10; John 6:45-71 

Today's Thoughts: He Wears Your Picture Badge

So Aaron shall bear the names of the sons of Israel on the breastplate of judgment over his heart, when he goes into the holy place, as a memorial before the Lord continually. Exodus 28:29

Have you ever watched the news broadcast of a missing person? As I saw a report on a missing teenager, the family being interviewed all wore picture badges displaying the person’s face. They not only wanted this face in public view for possible recognition but also they wanted this reminder close to their own hearts. Just having this type of memorial helped this grieving family pursue their hopes of finding their child.

As discussed in Exodus Chapter 28, Aaron wears a garment that has the names of each of the twelve tribes of Israel etched in precious stones and placed over his heart. This robe is worn by Aaron as he enters the most holy place in the presence of the Lord. Aaron represents the people to the Lord and is a continual reminder of who they are to the Lord. Today, we have Jesus Christ who is our High Priest and who bears our names before the Lord. We, too, are considered as precious stones before the Lord as our names are placed over the heart of our Savior Jesus.

How many of us truly realize how precious we are to the Lord? When life’s ups and downs seem to dominate our time and thoughts, we may not realize that we have a High Priest who is continually presenting us and our needs to our heavenly Father. Sometimes, we, as believers, stray from our Father’s presence, maybe fall out of fellowship or a regular time of prayer and Bible reading. During those times, I can picture Jesus going before the Father with a picture badge over His heart reminding the Lord of His child who has gone astray.  More than anything else, the Lord desires a personal relationship with us and never wants us to be lost or to be away from Him.

Where are you today? Are you in close fellowship with Jesus? Regardless of where you are, know that if you are a child of God, born again in Jesus Christ, then your High Priest is continually presenting you to the Father. You can have the hope and peace today that Jesus is carrying your picture over His heart as a constant memorial. But, even more than that, He is living in your heart and wants to be with you always. Can you say the same? Are you carrying His picture in spirit and truth over your heart today? Are you spending time in worship and fellowship with Him? None are missing in the Lord today...for “I once was lost but now I am found, was blind but now I see” (Amazing Grace).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 May 2017, 5:22 pm

May 19

Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 7; John 6:22-44

Today's Thoughts: Doing the Works of God 

Then they said to Him, "What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent." >John 6:28-29 

The other day I had the pleasure of speaking with a new Christian. It was a pleasure because of her enthusiasm and zeal for the Lord. Her eyes were bright and her smile was wide as she talked about Jesus. I found myself smiling back at her as she began sharing her testimony. She is reading, studying and working hard at knowing the Lord more deeply. Why? Because she loves Him and wants to serve Him with her life. But as she sincerely poured out her heart, I realized how hard she was working at trying to do all the right things. I thought about how easy it is for us to get focused on the work: trying to please God, trying to do deeds for Him and trying to know Him more.

I love what Jesus says in that the work of God is that we believe in Him. Doing God's work boils down to believing in His Son. It is not about our efforts or good deeds. We do not impress God with our works. God wants our hearts set on Jesus. He wants our lives surrendered to His will. He tells us to walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7) and that without faith it is impossible to please Him (Hebrews 11:6). But faith means that we give up control, we let go and we allow His Holy Spirit to lead us. Everything from that point on becomes about our belief in Him, not about our works for Him.

I often tell people, new Christians and older ones, to just relax. When I sense that their walk with the Lord is becoming one of frustration and confusion, I encourage them to stop working so hard at it. We need to learn how to let God be God. We need to put the responsibility of our lives back on Him. We are trained by the world to think and act for ourselves, but the Lord says to cast our cares upon Him. What is the key for us today? We must believe in Jesus. We must believe so confidently in His Word that we make no decisions without it. Ask yourself: Am I trying to work the works of God? If you are frustrated or disillusioned, you might be trying too hard instead of resting in Jesus. Ask the Lord to help you let go and to help you believe in faith that Jesus will do all He wants to do in your life. Let Him "work the works of God" in your life today as you believe in Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next