World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» NO MORE SEA
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 6:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 5:09 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 5:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
Do animals have spirits? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
Do animals have spirits? EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Do animals have spirits? EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Do animals have spirits? EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Do animals have spirits? EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Do animals have spirits? EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Do animals have spirits? EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Do animals have spirits? EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Do animals have spirits?

2 posters

Go down

Do animals have spirits? Empty CHINA'S LAST FLIGHT

Post  Admin Wed 01 Apr 2009, 11:19 am

I received this in my mail today and felt appropriate to post here. Nuggets devotional by Lyn Chaffart

CHINA'S LAST FLIGHT
It was a sad night. China, my son's pet Lineolated Parakeet lay in my hands, shivering, feathers ruffled, close to death. I had taken her to the vet earlier in the day, and I had learned that she suffered from a rare condition: Her body didn't absorb the iodine that we gave her in her diet and she was dying of a thyroid dysfunction. It was too late to help her. There was nothing to do but comfort her in her last hours.

My son was upstairs, supposedly asleep. But I knew better. I knew he lay in his bed praying: Praying for God to spare his tiny pet; praying that if He didn't, that He would take her to live with Him.

I wasn't sure how I felt about this second prayer. I had always believed that Heaven was for people, not pets; that animals didn't have souls. But I didn't have the energy to sort this out in my mind right then. My own emotions were far too strong for such deep thoughts. I was too busy pleading with God to save the life of this tiny bird, if not for me, then for my son! After all, what better way to prove to him that God is all powerful and that God answers prayers!

But as I continue to watch this usually independent, feisty green girl uncharacteristically snuggle into my hand, I knew that it was not to be, that her remaining time on earth was short.

Then suddenly, it seemed that God was answering our prayers! China sat up in my hand and became very alert, staring intently into the distance! I knew this stance: She was getting ready to take off! Then after a minute in this pose, she did what I knew to be impossible for her in her condition: She began to fly! Her direction? Straight up, straight towards whatever she had been looking at in the distance!

But as her tiny body left my hand, the remaining strength left it, and she fell back in a crumpled heap. China had taken her last flight.

But where was she flying to?

Why had this crumpled pile of feathers suddenly become so alert on something in the distance?

Why had she summonsed all reserves of energy to fly - straight up-as if she were flying towards something? Or someone?

The answer came from that familiar still, small voice in my mind: "She was flying to Me. I was calling her home!"

I shook my head: It was impossible! Animals don't go to Heaven!

But there was no denying the facts. China's actions in the last minutes, even the last seconds of her life, would definitely show that she was, indeed, being called home, and not only was she was answering that call, but she couldn't wait to get there!

The Bible doesn't tell us what happens to animals when they die, but we must remember four important facts:

1. The Bible is written about humans, not animals, and though it doesn't tell us what happens to animals when they die. It does tell us there will be animals in Heaven: "'The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox, but dust will be the serpent's food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,' says the LORD." (Isa 65:25 5 NIV).

2. Jesus was very clear that God looks out for the animals, specifically the "birds of the air" (See Matt. 6:26)!

3. Animals are not the ones who brought sin into the world; rather they are nothing but innocent victims of the destruction mankind has brought about: "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned…" (Rom 5:12 NIV). As a result, it wasn't necessary for Jesus to die for animals; it was necessary for Him to die for us!

4. God is love. He loves ALL of His creation!

Friends, I firmly believe that in the last seconds of life, China was seeing her Maker; that her Creator was truly calling her home. And I believe that there will be an inquisitive, independent green lineolated parakeet named China waiting for me when I get to Heaven. In fact, I believe there will be a whole herd of beloved animals to greet me, all of my long lost best friends!

But best of all, there will be Jesus!

Are you as excited to meet Jesus as China was in her last minutes? If you have accepted Jesus' gift of Salvation, then when your time comes, you can be just as eager, just as sure, for the Bible tells us that WE are MORE important than the birds of the air: "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than the?" (Matt. 6:26 NIV). This means that when your time on Earth is done, the Father is even MORE anxious to call YOU home than He was my son's pet!

If you haven't accepted Jesus' gift of Salvation, don't wait another minute! Remember, Jesus is the ONLY way to obtain Salvation, the ONLY way to attain Heaven: "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" (John 14:6-7 NIV); "Therefore Jesus said again, 'I tell you the truth . . . I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture.'" (John 10:7-10 NIV)

In His love,

Lyn

Lyn Chaffart, Mother of two teens, Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, www.scripturalnuggets.org , with Answers2Prayer Ministries, www.Answers2Prayer.org .
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do animals have spirits? Empty Re: Do animals have spirits?

Post  Admin Tue 20 Jan 2009, 1:05 am

I once saw a film All dogs go to heaven I would love to find if it is online
it was such a lovely film
and I have my thoughts on this discussion but I will leave for a while and let others have their say. Very Happy
love Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Do animals have spirits? Empty Do animals have spirits?

Post  kem Tue 20 Jan 2009, 12:34 am

Does it say anywhere that a animal will go to heaven or whether they just return to nothing?
i find it hard to think that God would feed a sparrow for it to go to nothing after death.
Are they just here as a food supply, which is hard to think of when cuddling up to a beloved pet at night or do they have another purpose? Very Happy

kem

Back to top Go down

Do animals have spirits? Empty Re: Do animals have spirits?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down