World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:24 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:06 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 12:53 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Admin

» Buried Facts About The Gaza War
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 11:33 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:26 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 16 EmptyThu 16 May 2024, 11:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 16 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:38 pm

October 6

Today's Reading: Isaiah 26; Philippians 2

Today's Thoughts: Name Above All Names

Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

Have you ever been in a position where you were the only Christian? Possibly now, you may be in the situation that your co-workers, neighbors or family members speak against Christians continually and frequently use His name as a curse word. What are you supposed to do? Our tendency is to try to maintain a position of peace (and so silence), especially where our paycheck is involved. We tend to back down, keep silent and ignore the comments. These actions reveal a person who is powerless and ashamed, even if that is not our intent. We should never appear powerless or ashamed of our Lord!

We need to stop and consider Who Our Lord Jesus is. One day all will bow before Jesus and confess that He is Lord. Every tongue, tribe and nation will be on their knees giving glory to God the Father, just by speaking the name of Jesus Christ. That day is coming and what a glorious day that will be! There will be no more denying Who Jesus is and no more discriminating against those who boldly speak His name. There will be no more hiding, embarrassment or guilt, only praise and pride in praising our Savior. And shame and sorrow, “gnashing of teeth,” to those who did not praise Him now.

Most importantly, stop and consider Who He is to you personally today. Should anyone have the right to discredit Your Lord and Savior at any time or anywhere? Paul tells us in Romans 1:16 that he was not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation for everyone who believes. By succumbing to fear and acting ashamed of the gospel, we fall right into the pit of the devil. Why? Because our power is stifled. To not be ashamed allows the power of God to be released through your words. We represent life. Those who are criticizing represent death. We have the responsibility and we have the power to share the gospel of Christ.

Today, ask the Lord to forgive you for not speaking up and for not speaking out for Him. Today, as you wait for Him to open the door, ask the Lord to give you an opportunity to speak about Him. Today, ask the Lord to teach you to be bold for Him because you do not ever want Him to be ashamed of you. And today, thank the Lord for saving you, forgiving you and giving you His Holy Spirit so His will.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:11 pm

October 9

Today's Reading: Isaiah 32; Colossians 1

Today's Thoughts: Knowing the Real Jesus

Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church. - Colossians 1:24

My children took their achievement tests this past week. My daughter told me that there was a Bible achievement test also but the school opted to not have the children take it. I asked her if they told her why. She said yes and then gave me a sample question of what was on the test. She said, “Which characteristic does not belong to Jesus?

a.       happiness
b.       love
c.       forgiveness
d.       compassion

She told me that a question like that confused a lot of sixth graders because they equate Jesus with joy and their interpretation is that joy and happiness are the same things. I told her that a lot of adult Christians have the same interpretation. It is difficult for us to follow a King that was despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief (Isaiah 53:3). We don’t want to believe that the Christian life is filled with those same sorrows and afflictions at times.

However, it is during those sad times in each of our lives that we understand the afflictions of Christ as He becomes our Sustainer, our Strength and our Peace. It is at those times that we discover joy from the depths of our hearts instead of happiness that is only superficial, changing with the circumstances. Our Christian life is not only about receiving from the Lord but also about enduring until the end.

If you are struggling with sorrow and grief, know that the Lord understands. Continue to come to Him. There is hope in every situation for we know the Lord will cause all things to work together for good. Just fix your eyes on Jesus.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Oct 2019, 5:29 pm

October 8

Today’s Verses: Isaiah 30; Philippians 4

Today’s Thoughts: Giving to God First

Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:17-19

We quote Philippians 4:19 frequently to ease our concerns about insufficient finances as we say, "I know that God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." However, did you know that the context of this verse is about giving, not receiving? According to the context of this Scripture, Paul was saying that we will receive from God if we are willing to give to God first. Paul was thanking the Philippi believers for giving to him. Paul also said that he had learned to be content in all circumstances and he was thankful that they gave, so that fruit may abound on their behalf.

Why is it so difficult to give first? How can we live with an eternal perspective when it comes to money? Because we need to pay real life monthly bills, make actual house payments and physically handle money, it is difficult to believe that our money will go the extra distance by giving tithes and offerings.  We can give away older things to replace them with newer things, although that kind of giving tends to be to our personal advantage.  We can give to our families and even to our own social life, but to tithe regularly seems impossible. The word "tithe" means a tenth or 10% and God specifies that the amount is subtracted from our first fruits (our gross salary). God also talks about "offerings." An offering is in addition to the tithe. This seems like it would require too much faith to even begin giving.

But God asks us to give so He can bless us, to give cheerfully, not with clenched fists.  If we open our hands freely to the work of God, we are in a position that we can freely receive from His open hand toward us. Corrie ten Boom said, "I have learned to hold on to things loosely because it hurts when God pries them away." The interesting thing about clenched fists towards God is that we can never protect what we have from God any way. Remember: God will supply all of our needs when we supply to His first.

Oh Lord, help me to give to You without my left hand knowing what my right hand is doing. Let me be a blessing to You first and I will trust You to take care of me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Oct 2019, 10:04 am

Today's Reading: Isaiah 28; Philippians 3

Today's Thoughts: Hiding from God

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
Woe to those who seek deep to hide their counsel far from the Lord, and their works are in the dark; they say, "Who sees us?" and, "Who knows us?" - Isaiah 29:15

I watched my dog hide a bone the other day. Most dogs bury bones outdoors in the dirt, but my dog buries his bones in the house, preferably under my pillow on the bed. Fortunately, his "bone" is a kind of chewy rawhide so at least there is less mess to deal with (unless of course he has brought his "bone" once buried in the dirt into the house to then re-bury in the bed, not a pretty picture). The funny thing is that unless he knows I am watching him, he acts as though he is doing it in secret. In other words, if he does not see me, then I must not be seeing him. And that is how we act with the Lord at times. We somehow think that because we cannot see Him we can hide things from Him as if He were not watching.

God knows everything about us. He is omniscient (all-knowing), omnipotent (all-powerful) and omnipresent (ever-present). He has no boundaries or limits. He has known us from the beginning of time and already has seen our last day here on earth. We cannot hide from Him. Instead of trying to hide from God, we need to be open and honest with Him. Things done in the dark will ultimately come under His light. Others may never need to know what we have done, but Jesus always knows and He will eventually expose the truth to us. Why? Because He knows that unless we are made aware of these sins, we will continue down a path of destruction. Our flesh seeks darkness, not the Light. John 3:19 says, "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." Jesus came as the Light to set us free from the darkness. Why would we want to stay in it?

Are you trying to hide from the Lord today? Are you engaging in activities of which you think He is unaware? If you are a child of God, then you know your sin because the Holy Spirit will convict you and impress you to turn and repent. The enemy will lie to you and tell you that you are hidden and no one will ever find out. But God already knows and you cannot live with the deception and condemnation. You will slowly self-destruct in the darkness. God's love beckons you back today. God's mercy and grace promise that He will forgive. You can start fresh just by asking for His light to shine on you and lift the darkness. Take the steps of obedience to turn and walk towards the Lord. Put away the sins done in secret, and embrace the freedom that comes when you throw off those things that bind you. Just ask for His help. He is waiting and longing to be gracious to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Aug 2019, 10:59 am

August 2

Today's Reading: Psalms 60; Romans 5

Today's Thoughts: Just Pick Up the Phone

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. - John 15:7  

My mother was over to visit yesterday and we talked about buying tickets for a stage play coming at Christmastime. We both were unsure of what kind of seats to buy. My mom said to me, “Call your aunt. She went to see that play last year and she will know.” I hesitated to call her so my mom picked up the phone and called. When my aunt (my mom’s sister) answered, my mom didn’t even say, “Hello” but just asked the questions. My mom received the answers and hung up.

The Lord impressed upon me the difference between relationships. If I were to pick up the phone and call my aunt, I would have to go through a whole bunch of introductory comments first. I would have to say, “Hi, how are you? I haven’t talked to you in a while. What’s new?” and then, I could ask the questions. Because my mom talks to my aunt frequently, their relationship is different and their conversation just continues where they left off.

That is how it is with the Lord. When we develop this relationship with Him, we can just start talking and asking Him whatever is on our mind. However, if we haven’t spoken to the Lord in awhile, then we sense the need to reintroduce ourselves to get on the same page before really sharing our hearts. God wants a close relationship with us. He is very near to us; He is in our mouths and in our hearts. The kind of relationship we choose to have is up to us. I have had both kinds of relationships with the Lord and I can tell you that you will have so much more peace when you are closer to Him. Today, ask the Lord to help you learn to draw close to Him. You will find that you don’t even have to dial the phone to get His answers.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:50 am

August 1

Today’s Reading: Psalms 57; Romans 4

Today’s Thoughts: Fear is Contagious

The officers shall speak further to the people, and say, 'What man is there who is fearful and fainthearted? Let him go and return to his house, lest the heart of his brethren faint like his heart.' Deuteronomy 20:8

Today’s verse is taken from a message that God gave Moses to give to the Israelites in preparation for their battles in the Promised Land. The Lord began preparing the people before they crossed the Jordan River to encourage them that He was with them and would fight for them. The Lord made a point of addressing the danger of fear in their hearts. He tells the “fearful and fainthearted” to stay out of the battles and to go home instead. Why? Because fear is contagious.

The message for us two-fold: we need to be aware of how our fears influence others and we need to be wise of those whose fears can influence us. Fear is a deadly weapon and a powerful tool used by the enemy. Unfortunately, it is easier said than done to rid ourselves of fear. Even if we can identify our fears, this does not mean we can overcome them on our own. The first step is to be honest with ourselves and with the Lord. When we bring our confessions to Him, the healing process begins. The next step is to read God’s Word and believe what it says. Faith and fear cannot exist together. Faith is built on knowing and believing the Word of God.

Does it still take time to change old habits? Yes.

Will the Lord lead us to make certain changes? Yes.

Are we responsible for following  God’s guidance? Yes.

And, will the enemy continue to remind us of our fears? Yes!

But, the Truth sets us free, if we are truly willing to believe and apply it to our lives. Today, if you are struggling with fear, examine your closest influences and the fears they may be invoking. Ask for wisdom in how to handle them. It is hard to fight your own battles when others are bringing discouragement. Be honest with the Lord in your personal battles with fear and prepare your heart to take a stand against the lies of the enemy. Christians in the world today are in warfare from all sides but Jesus told us to be of good cheer for He has overcome the world (John 16:33). It is our faith that is the victory that overcomes all of the fears that the world brings (1 John 5:4). The Lord will go before you and fight for you, just as He did for the Israelites.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Jul 2019, 10:39 pm

July 31

Today’s Reading: Psalms 54; Romans 3

Today’s Thoughts: His Most Precious Gift

His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.' - Matthew 25:23

My husband bought me a watch for my birthday. When I first received it, I cherished it and admired its beauty, not thinking too much its function. As time passed; however, I noticed that I was becoming careless with it. When talking on the phone, I would take it off, not noticing where I placed it. I would take it off by the sink and leave it there. One morning, I could not find the watch. I began to panic. Where did I leave it? It was amazing just how sentimental and valuable that watch became again.

As Christians, we sometimes treat our salvation the same way I treat my watch. At first, we cherish our salvation, knowing that it is a gift too precious to ever earn.  We thank God for the privilege of knowing Him and we praise Him for His Spirit dwelling inside us. Then as time passes, we take our Christianity for granted, mostly because we get used to being a Christian.

But what if we could lose our salvation? How are we treating this most precious gift? Are we careless or slothful? Do you share it with others? Are we thanking the Lord for it still… every day? Our salvation is the most precious of all gifts. How are we treating it? These are sobering thoughts. Personally, I want to be found faithful with the gifts and talents He has given me. These gifts are too valuable to be taken for granted. When all is said and done, I want to hear, “Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your Lord!”

Today, ask the Lord to impress upon you where your heart is. Do you really value all He has done for you and appreciate all that you have? Ask Him to convict you of any careless behavior that is not pleasing to Him. At any time, you can ask the Lord to forgive your careless behavior regarding the privilege of knowing Him. Then, ask the Lord to return the joy of your salvation to lead others to Him. Jesus has given Himself to you as a gift; nothing is of greater value than that.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Jul 2019, 9:38 am

July 28

Today’s Reading: Psalms 46; Acts 28

Today’s Thoughts: Watching the Clouds

And when he had said these things, as they were looking, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they were looking steadfastly into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;  who also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was received up from you into heaven shall so come in like manner as ye beheld him going into heaven. - Acts 1:9-11 

The apostles had the awesome privilege of watching the Lord ascend into heaven. They gazed up to the heavens as He departed on the clouds! No wonder they all stood in awe and amazement. I am sure they dealt with thoughts such as “Where are you going? Are you coming back? Can I go too? When will we see you again?” And even, “I can’t believe I am seeing this.” But the angels had an answer to all these questions. They said, “….come back….” As a result, the apostles fully and completely believed that the Lord would be coming back in their life time. Time was short, the message needed to get out. They lived every day for the Lord. Think about it...would you live differently if you thought the Lord was coming back today?

I asked the Lord to impress upon me the immanence of His return. I want every day to count for Jesus. I want to be looking for Him, listening to Him and ready for Him. Often, when I look into the clouds, I pray to see Him. To live every day as if today was the day of His return has changed my priorities, my desires and my focus.

Pray for eternal eyes. Pray for an excitement for His return. Pray to live as if He is coming back today. And ask the Lord to remind you of His promise to return every time you gaze into the clouds.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Jul 2019, 9:24 am

July 27

Today’s Reading: Psalms 43; Acts 27:27-44

Today’s Thoughts: What If?

And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 1 Corinthians 7:13-14

How many times do we, as adults, reflect upon our childhoods and wonder "what if?" What if my Christian mom would have left my non-Christian dad? Thoughts of my childhood bring a mixture of emotions. Growing up in a home with a father who did not know or believe in Jesus Christ was hard, even in the best of times. I felt the tensions, had fears, and though I did not understand everything, I knew we were in a battle. My mom fought one of those battles every Sunday, but somehow she persevered to get herself and two kids to church. Those mornings irritated and angered my dad. I now realize just how serious those battles were, for the warfare is not against flesh and blood but against spirits and principalities (Ephesians 6:12). But through His power and love, God gave my mother the strength to stay with my father. And because of the foundation my mother laid in the Lord, I learned to turn to God for help at a young age. God heard my prayers and I learned to trust in His protection, even in the midst of oppression.                                                         

Just recently, my mom and I talked about her relationship with my dad. I am so thankful she stayed with him. Paul says that the "unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife" and that the "children would be unclean, but now they are holy." God honors our desire to keep the commitment we make with our spouses and God knows that the children need both parents together. Even if only one parent knows the Lord, God blesses the home. Besides, we never know when the Holy Spirit will change the heart of the unsaved parent. As a child, I prayed every night for my dad "to be saved," and though he never went to church, my mom remembers the night he prayed the sinner's prayer after watching Billy Graham. He died soon after. We may not understand why God allows certain situations to be so painful and hard for so long, but He honors our desire to please Him over ourselves. What if my mother had chosen to leave my father? Yes, my life would have been different but I am so thankful that my mother stayed.

God gave us His strength when we were weak. God gave us hope when we despaired. Because of those years, I learned to cry out to God and depend on Him at a young age. I learned invaluable lessons that have shaped my faith today. Despite your circumstances, no matter how dreadful they seem, God is with you. Turn to Him for the strength to make it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Jul 2019, 10:59 am

July 26

Today’s Readings: Psalms 40; Acts 27:1-26

Today’s Thoughts: The Pit or the Rock

I waited patiently for the Lord; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. - Psalm 40:1-2

The house in which I grew up was built in the late 1800’s and still had some of the relics from that period, such as an old cistern located in the backyard. I think at one time it had been a source of water. Since it was no longer used or needed, the opening was loosely capped with a rusty round lid. As a kid, I remember being in fear of accidentally falling into it. My imagination conjured up this image of a deep dark pit with a sinking bottom in which I would be forever trapped. I look back and think that maybe my fears were a little silly, but then I realize that sometimes as an adult I feel as if I wake up in that pit, dark and damp with no way out. Maybe a lot of us feel this way at times.

Reading the words of King David in this Psalm should give us all hope and encouragement. If David had such moments of despair, then we must know that our feelings of being trapped in a pit of miry clay are not unknown to our Lord. Jesus knew how David felt and He knows how we feel. The Lord hears our cries, the Lord inclines His ear to listen to us, and He will not only lift us up, but will lead us out. The key is to trust Him to do so. We must believe that the Lord is going to rescue us because we cannot do it in our own strength. Trying to climb our way out of the darkness is exhausting and depressing. And sometimes it is in that darkest moment, when we sense a hand reaching down, picking us up and setting our feet back on the rock. We did not need to try; we just needed to surrender our fears to the Lord.

Where are you today? Are you in the “horrible pit” or “upon a rock”? Regardless of the place you find yourself, just know that the Lord is right there with you. He is the only way out of the pit and He is the only one Who can establish our steps in the right direction. Pray today that you can trust Jesus for all your needs and that in trusting Him, you can wait patiently for His perfect timing.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Jul 2019, 9:57 am

July 25

Today’s Reading: Psalms 37; Acts 26

Today’s Thoughts: A Weapon and a Tool

And it happened, when our enemies heard that it was known to us, and that God had brought their plot to nothing, that all of us returned to the wall, everyone to his work. So it was, from that time on, that half of my servants worked at construction, while the other half held the spears, the shields, the bows, and wore armor; and the leaders were behind all the house of Judah.Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon. - >Nehemiah 4:15-17

Nehemiah left Babylon to return to Jerusalem because he had heard that the walls around the city were still in rubble. Though others had already returned to rebuild the temple, no one had determined to repair the walls and gates. This news brought Nehemiah to tears, as he fasted and prayed fervent prayers to God. He returned to Jerusalem determined to fix the broken walls, but he needed help and support from those around him. Nehemiah’s story is truly amazing in its purpose, preparedness, and planning. But even the best laid plans can come under threatening attacks—and his certainly did. Though they tried, those who were against the restoration of the walls and gates could not thwart Nehemiah’s plans. His men kept working, even as they had to strap a sword to their side for protection.

Our enemy is always lurking about us, roaming and seeking whom he may devour. But remember this: he cannot thwart God’s plans, even if he frightens us along the way. Nehemiah was aware of his enemy’s schemes and he did not allow those tactics to intimidate him or his workers. They kept a hammer in one hand and weapon in the other. Despite obstacles, persecutions and negative influences, we need to keep pursuing the things of God. Our enemy will use every trick in the book to keep us from being effective, productive and fruitful; but once we are aware of his schemes, we can fight back. Do not let fear, intimidation, insecurity or guilt keep you from being successful. Pray, plan and purpose in your heart to get going and do not stop. Be strong and courageous, and ask the Lord to guide your every step.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Jul 2019, 9:26 am

July 24

Today's Reading: Psalms 35; Acts 25

Today's Thoughts: Blessings of the Faithful
“And Jacob called his sons and said, "Gather together, that I may tell you what shall befall you in the last days….” Genesis 49:1

Jacob was at the end of his life. He had the opportunity to tell his sons what would happen to each of them in their future before “he drew his feet up into the bed and breathed his last, and was gathered to his people” (Genesis 49:33). Jacob prophesied, or spoke forth the future of their tribes, to his sons, who are the heads of the twelve tribes of Israel. Genesis 49:28 says, “All these are the twelve tribes of Israel, and this is what their father spoke to them. And he blessed them; he blessed each one according to his own blessing.”If you read the words that Jacob spoke, they were very insightful and discerning, but are his words really a blessing?

The definition of blessing is to speak well of someone, to impart good favor and to endow prosperity on someone. We use the word “blessing” as a way to make someone happy. Even in the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5, Jesus starts each sentence with “Blessed are they that…” (KJV). The word “blessed” is defined as “to be well off, happy, fortunate.”  Each person described in Matthew 5, from a worldly perspective, is not someone that seems highly favored or happy today. Who wants to “mourn, be poor in spirit, be meek or be persecuted?” In addition, if we read the words that Jacob spoke to some of his sons (like Reuben, Simeon and Levi), we would not define them as words of blessing. Personally, I would not have wanted to hear those last words from my father on his death bed.

So what are some other definitions for blessing as illustrated from Jacob’s last words in the Old Testament? Hebrews 11:21 describes Jacob’s very last act of blessing his children as his supreme act of faith. Jacob believed that God used his words to speak forth His truth concerning the future of his sons. For parents, blessing our children is an act of faith in which we trust them to God. We also bless our children by discerning God’s talents and spiritual gifts and then, we release them to fulfill God’s purpose in their lives. Even if the words are so truthful that they are interpreted as piercing the heart instead of blessing the heart, we have to remember that the truth sets us free. By embracing the truth and asking forgiveness, we are blessed by being made alright through the grace and mercy of the Lord. There is no greater blessing than the covering of Jesus’ blood which sets us free from sin and cleanses us from all unrighteousness.  How “blessed” is the man who trusts in Him (Psalm 84:12).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Jul 2019, 10:26 am

July 23
Today's Reading: Psalms 33; Acts 24
Today's Thoughts: Facing the Giants Today
David said to Saul, "Let no man's heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine." And Saul said to David, "You are not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him; for you are a youth, and he a man of war from his youth." - 1 Samuel 17:32-33

I remember learning the story of David and Goliath in Sunday school. As a child, I tried to picture the scene of this teenager going up against this scary, mean giant. How big was Goliath in comparison to David? Where did David get such courage to even think he could defeat him? All of the odds were against David. He had no experience, no armor, no weapon, and no one fought alongside him. Who was he kidding? But David had something far more powerful than physical stature, experience or weapons: he had faith in his God. 

Do you ever feel like you are in the midst of a battle where the odds are stacked against you? Or maybe you see the giants, hear their taunts and decide to flee and hide out, as opposed to standing up to them, as the Israelites did before David arrived? Today, we are all in a battle and there is one clear enemy. Make no mistake about this fact: “your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour” (1 Peter 5:8). Satan will use whatever tactics he can to get to us, to frighten us, and to keep us from fighting back. He will play tricks on our minds so that we see giants that are not real. He will deceive us into believing that we have no ability to win. One of the best tools Satan has against us is fear.
Fear keeps us from facing the giants. Fear keeps us from ever achieving victory because we are afraid and run from the battle. Fear becomes our own trap of despair, depression and disillusionment. So often, the battle takes place in our own minds with giants conjured up in our thoughts, but we must understand that this is not God’s will for us.
Where did David get his courage? He believed in his God, the God of Israel. He believed in all that he had been taught about God, and he had witnessed God’s faithfulness and protection in his own life. And on this day, he was willing to put his faith to the test. David took a huge step of faith, depending completely on the Lord to save him. With one sling of one rock, the giant fell. For us, today is our day of victory. Today is the day to face the giants in our lives. In faith we step out, stop running, stop hiding and stop believing the lies of the enemy, Satan.  In faith, we face the enemy head on and we claim victory in the name of our Savior Jesus Christ. He has fought the battle and won, on our behalf, but we need to step out, stand up and sling the rock. Victory is ours in Christ.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Jul 2019, 1:45 pm

July 22

Today's Reading: Psalms 31; Acts 23:16-35

Today's Thoughts: Before You Set Out

When the cloud remained over the tabernacle a long time, the Israelites obeyed the LORD's order and did not set out.  Sometimes the cloud was over the tabernacle only a few days; at the LORD's command they would encamp, and then at his command they would set out. Sometimes the cloud stayed only from evening till morning, and when it lifted in the morning they set out. Whether by day or by night, whenever the cloud lifted, they set out. Whether the cloud stayed over the tabernacle for two days or a month or a year, the Israelites would remain in camp and not set out; but when lifted set out.Numbers 9:19-22 (NIV)

The words “set out” are so prevalent in this section of Scripture. When God commanded, the Israelites set out in obedience. If God did not command, the Israelites stayed encamped. Jesus said to His disciples in Matthew 16:24, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.”  As believers, we are commanded to follow Jesus. Many times we act as if God should be following our desires, our goals and our agendas. Jesus doesn’t follow us. He commands us to be obedient and follow Him. We have the presence of the Lord dwelling within us. We can be led like the Israelites by watching for His lead and listening to His voice through the Word of God.

There are times He tell us to “go” and there are times He tells us “to be still and know that He is God.” Following Jesus leads us to the tops of mountains as well as through the valley of Baca. But He is there, leading and guiding and loving us through it. We will learn to weep with Him as we see things that hurt His heart and rejoice with Him as we embrace the things that bring Him joy. One thing is for certain, He will never leave you or forsake you. Our tendency is to be tempted to leave Him, never the other way around.

Today, be sure that you spend time in His word, listening for His counsel and ask Him to help you follow His lead. Make His footsteps your pathway as you turn to Jesus throughout the day in obedience before you set out.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 21 Jul 2019, 4:01 pm

July 21

Today’s Reading: Psalms 29; Acts 23:1-15

Today’s Thoughts: God’s Wall of Fire

‘’’For I,' says the LORD, 'will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'" - Zechariah 2:5

Living in southern California is an adventure of sorts, from the surf to the desert to the mountains and so much activity in between. One of our chief blessings is the consistently nice weather. Not too hot, not too cold, usually the temperature is just the right balance for most people. However, we do have our challenges from the weather—drought, dry winds and firestorms. I personally have witnessed two devastating firestorms, the last one dangerously close to my home. I literally could see the fires blazing as the tips of the flames seemed to stretch higher with each gust of wind. It is a terrifying and awesome sight, so mesmerizing and powerful. These events remind us of how powerless we are to control the forces of nature.

Today's verse describes "a wall of fire", amazing, powerful and yet protective, not destructive. God's wall of fire encloses around us to keep us in His presence. God's wall of fire burns with the power of His glory in our midst. What a sight (or thought) to behold! Fire is used in the Bible to describe God's presence, a consuming fire of holiness. For us, we are to revere God's presence for His holiness and perfection, but to also take comfort in knowing that He is that fire of protection around us.

When I walk the beach or gaze upon a mountainside, I am reminded of God's indescribable creative power. He is truly an awesome God. His hand of protection is always upon us. His love is evident in everything around us. Take time today and reflect on the beauty of God's glory. Ask the Lord to show you things you have never seen before, maybe you will get a glimpse of His wall of fire and His glory in your midst. Spend time intimately with the Lord and you will find that you pay less attention to things that truly do not matter to your life. May He fill you with His love, joy and peace.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Jul 2019, 9:43 am

July 20

Today's Reading: Psalms 26; Acts 22  

Today's Thoughts: What Is There to Fear?

The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

My dog Buddy is a consistent source of insight and amusement in my life. For you animal lovers, you know what I am talking about. God's creatures are simply unique and amazing in wonderful ways. My dog is all of those things to me and I am amazed at how the Lord teaches me certain messages through Buddy. For example, my husband and I had taken Buddy out to some property where deer and coyote roam freely. Buddy was quick to take off, running through weeds so high that all I could see is the white tip of his tail. He crawled through a barbed-wire fence, jumped over a creek, and dragged himself through thickets and brush that left him covered with briars. He was in heaven, loving every minute of his excursion, and without a care of any danger seemed to enter his mind. Later that evening when we got home, I heard Buddy whimpering outside near the back door. I thought he was hurt or that something was wrong with him. What was wrong? There was a twig lying on the concrete and he was afraid to step over it.

One minute my dog was walking through the jungle with no fear; the next, he was whimpering over a twig. Why? Because his fear was based on something unknown and unfamiliar to him, though we know that a twig is far more harmless than plowing through rattlesnake weeds out in the country. How often do we allow fear of something harmless to stop us in our tracks and keep us from going forward? How often does the Lord look at us and think we look ridiculous (as I did of Buddy)? We so often let the fear of the unknown keep us from having all that God has for us.

Do you have fears in your life that stop you in your tracks? Are you consistently afraid of the unknown? Sometimes we are far more comfortable in dangerous places just because we are familiar with them. Let's be willing to be uncomfortable sometimes and let the Lord truly lead us. The Lord tells us to trust Him and to step out in faith. The Lord promises to protect us, regardless of where we go with Him. Just as I was watching Buddy closely, just in case that twig jumped up at him—the Lord is always watching out for us too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Jul 2019, 10:14 am

July 19

Today's Reading: Psalms 23 Acts 21:18-40

Today's Thoughts: The Valley

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. - Psalm 23

Psalm 23 is an awesome promise from the Lord, so personal to each of us. God is our Good Shepherd and He knows all about us. He knows that by restoring us back to Him, we will be willing to be led down His path of righteousness. At times, those paths will lead us through valleys of the shadow of death. Most of us hate those paths. Even though the Lord is holding us by the hand, oh, how we resist! It is hard to acknowledge that the God of love is truly leading us through the dark, scary valley. We may even want to blame such terrible circumstances on everything and everyone else instead of submitting to God ourselves. In time, however, we will see that it was only by going through the valley of the shadow of death that the Lord could help us break hurtful habits and behaviors, so that we can receive His peace and rejoice in His love.

Ask the Lord today to reveal any areas of your heart that need restoration. Do you feel dull or numb in certain areas of your life?

Tell the Lord about those places in your heart where you sense frustration and barrenness.

Ask Him to restore them back to Him. Restoration is not always just about life's obvious issues; it can be very much about life's less recognized ones.

Take your time to really read through Psalm 23 (again) and listen to the Lord's impressions on your heart. The Word of God is the most powerful Word you will read or hear today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Jul 2019, 10:30 am

July 18

Today’s Reading: Psalms 20; Acts 21:1-17

Today’s Thoughts: So That You May Believe

When Jesus heard that, He said, "This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it." - John 11:4

The disciples accepted what Jesus said at face value. They probably thought something like, “Oh good, Lazarus is sleeping. He will wake up so we do not need to return to Judea where they are threatening to kill Jesus.” But when Jesus said, “Ok, it’s time to return,” the disciples became very uncomfortable. They were now quick to challenge the change in plans. Jesus explained to them plainly, “Lazarus is dead, and for your sake I am glad I was not there, so that you may believe. But let us go to him” (John 11:14-15).

Jesus had a different perspective and purpose and they knew they could not change His mind. Thomas then said what every other disciple was thinking, "Let us also go, that we may die with him" (Luke 11:16). In other words, Lazarus is dead and by Jesus returning to Judea, He may end up dead, so they might as well all go with Him so they can all be dead together. The disciples were mainly focusing on themselves, not on what Jesus was doing. They had little faith in what Jesus could do. Jesus had waited to go back to Judea until Lazarus was dead three days so that their faith in Him would be strengthened. Jesus chose to wait to return to Bethany, not because His life was threatened, or because Lazarus would get better on His own or because He had more important matters to attend too.

He waited so that you may believe. God’s delays are not God’s denials. We have to trust in how He chooses to answer our prayers. His perspective is always to do what is best for grounding and strengthening our faith.

Pray about it: Lord, help me to accept your ways. Sometimes I look at impossible circumstances and I limit Your ability to intervene. Help me to believe as I trust in You for the details and delays. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Jul 2019, 10:48 am

July 15

Today's Reading: Psalms 13; Acts 19:21-41

Today's Thoughts: Seek God’s Wisdom

The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand,  any who seek God. - Psalm 14:2

Do we understand the ways of God? Understanding God is different than believing in God. To understand means that we can come into alignment by acknowledging the decisions God makes on our behalf. We do not have to agree with the decision but because we understand that God's ways are higher than ours are, we can yield to Him. At that point, we show our trust in His ways as we continue to seek and submit to His will.

As a parent, I have been challenged to explain "why" I am making a certain decision. If my decision pleases my children, no discussion is necessary. However, if I disagree, I am sought out to discuss and debate why my choices did not match their hearts' desire. As a parent, I have the right to make final decisions as much as I have the right to explain or not explain the factors that went into making those decisions. My children then have the right to agree or disagree with my decisions but what a joy it is when they understand and accept them as is.

God wants a relationship with us. As our Heavenly Father, He knows what is best for us. He is more than willing to reveal Himself to those who seek Him. God does not want us to just believe in Him but to understand Him as well. God has not hidden Himself from us. He has given us His Son, Jesus, His Word, and His Spirit.

The Spirit of God intercedes for us, convicts our hearts and leads us into all truth. We have the opportunity to seek God and to find Him. But we also have the ability to understand Him as we continue to choose to read the Bible, pray and submit to the circumstances that He has allowed us to encounter in our lives.

If you are struggling with understanding why God is allowing certain circumstances to continue in your life, seek Him for wisdom. James 1 tells us that anyone who is lacking in wisdom should ask God for it because God will give liberally to all that ask. But when God answers, believe that answer and do not doubt. Doubting only leads us to becoming double minded. Double mindedness is a worse state than questioning God's decisions in the first place. And remember, God is looking down from Heaven to see if we understand and seek after Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Jul 2019, 11:18 am

July 14

Today’s Reading: Psalms 10; Acts 19:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Our Teacher

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27 

Jesus tells His disciples in John 16 that when He goes away He will send a Helper, His Holy Spirit. “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth…” (John 16:13). When we accept Jesus into our hearts, we are immediately indwelled by His Holy Spirit. We believe, then, wereceive. One of the biggest attacks Christians face today comes from an enemy telling us that we have no real power, no victory, and no hope. In John 8:44, Jesus describes our enemy: “He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is perfect in every way. He cannot lie. He cannot deceive. He is holy and righteous beyond our understanding. His promises are true. His faithfulness reaches to the heavens. When He says that we have His Holy Spirit, then we must believe in faith that we have an abiding relationship filled with His love and power. He promises that no eye has seen, nor ear has heard, nor has entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Do you believe Him today? Do you want to know more about the things of the Lord? As a child of God, saved and sealed for the day of redemption, you have the anointing of the Holy Spirit who will teach you all things. Let today be the day that you start learning about these things. How to start? Read His Word and study it. Pray and ask for the things you want to learn about. Ask questions that you want answered. Get up every day with an attitude of faith and do not allow the enemy to tempt you with his lies. Maybe it is time for you to go back to school…and what a great Teacher you have! And the best part…He will only give you open book (the Bible) tests.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 13 Jul 2019, 10:16 am

July 13

Today's Reading: Psalms 7; Acts 18

Today's Thoughts: Speak Without Fear

Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city." Acts 18:9-10

I am encouraged when reading statements like these. Paul was known as a man with such boldness and never-ending endurance. He spoke before kings and started churches. He was persecuted and beaten but continued to sing praises. We read that his body had the brand marks of Jesus Christ and yet, this verse allows us to look into his heart. Paul was scared.

I would guess that not many people would know that Paul needed this kind of encouragement. Paul obviously knew that his fears stemmed from his speaking, which led to him being attacked and hurt. God knew what Paul needed to keep going. The Lord assured Paul to continue, to not quit, but to speak, and then calmed his fears by saying that no one would attack him to hurt him. God knows just what we need to hear. God knows just how much each of us can take. And God knows how to assure us, comfort us, encourage us and motivate us to continue.

Are there fears you are dealing with today? Are you struggling with thoughts of quitting or stopping? God knows your heart and He can minister to you at the deepest level. Allow His Holy Spirit to minister to you today. Open His Word and listen as He speaks to your heart. Then, go and speak as He leads you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Jun 2019, 10:53 am

June 21
Today’s Reading: Genesis 3; Acts 5:22-42
Today’s Thoughts: Hearing the Word of God
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Romans 10:17
The Bible is clear in its teachings on faith. Faith is essential to our salvation. If we do not have faith to believe in Jesus Christ, then we cannot receive Him as Savior. It takes faith to believe in God. Believing in God through our faith is the victory that has overcome the world (1 John 5:4). Jesus says in Matthew 17:20 that with faith we can move mountains and that nothing will be impossible for us. The power of God's Holy Spirit lives within each believer; but do we live as if we believe it? Not without faith.
How do we get more faith? First of all, faith is given to each of us as a gift. Everyone has faith. But we can have more faith in the things of the world than in the things of God. We have faith that the sun will rise and set each day, even though we have no way of controlling its movements; we just trust that it will continue to work the way it always has. But we need to grow in trusting the One who makes the sun rise and set, the One who put it there in the first place. Therefore, our first step in gaining more faith is by getting to know more about our God, our Lord, our Creator. And the way to obtain knowledge of God is by getting into His word.
I love today's verse because it tells us to hear the word of God. Did you know that when you start reading His Word, you will start hearing His voice? When you start hearing His voice through His Word, then you will see His intervention in all areas of your life. You will pray in accordance with His will because you will know where He is leading you. You will see God answer your prayers. And the end result: more faith! Take a moment to ask the Lord to help you in your faith by helping you hear His Word. Ask for more of Him, more of His Word in your life—more faith.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Jun 2019, 9:21 am

June 19

Today’s Readings: Nehemiah 12; Acts 4:23-37

Today’s Thoughts: A Great Power

And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all. Acts 4:33

When the disciples were left alone as Jesus ascended into heaven, a new beginning was just around the corner. Jesus told them to go to Jerusalem and wait for the Promise. That Promise came on the day of Pentecost, a day that would change their lives forever. God's Holy Spirit came upon them with sounds of a mighty wind that came from heaven, a demonstration of supernatural power. Tongues of fire were then dispersed on ("sat on") each person (Acts 2:1-4). This event made it very clear that something amazing and indescribable was taking place amongst these people. In the days that followed, this small group of believers came together in one accord, knowing that they had been given gifts from the Lord, and that they had been called to witness to the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The first gift given involved "great power" as the apostles zealously told of their knowledge and personal experience of who Jesus Christ was and what He had done. The second gift, however, is one we sometimes take for granted but it is extremely crucial to the first one: "great grace." They were not only granted power but also they were given great grace. Without grace, they could not go forth and do what they were called to do. The same is true for us today. We may have gifts, callings, knowledge, experience and all of the right answers, but without grace, we will not get very far in our service or our usefulness to God. Why? Because we will be taken out by our own thoughts and behaviors as human beings. We become too aware of our weaknesses and we try to overcome them in our own strength. We cannot control condemning thoughts of the enemy who tells us we are not worthy. We lose faith, hope and the eternal perspective because our focus shifts to ourselves. Grace, however, steps in and says that the Lord has granted us unmerited favor in His sight. He chose us. He loved us first. He called us to do His work. He gifted us for His purposes. Not of us, but of Him, by His grace.

Grace must accompany power in your life today. Grace must be connected to your faith. Take time today and look up verses on "grace." Use your Bible concordance and spend some time reading about grace. Make a study of it and take your time, even over several days. Let the Lord minister to you through His Word. If you are suffering or struggling, you need to approach His throne of grace with boldness and receive His mercy today (Hebrews 4:16). And even though we are not worthy, the Lord still uses us by giving us the gifts and grace to minister for Him and by Him and in Him. You will be blessed!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Jun 2019, 11:32 am

June 18

Today’s Reading: Nehemiah 10; Acts 4:1-22

Today’s Thoughts: Who is God to you?

If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? John 3:12

Do you ever think you can figure God out?  I mean, there are certain prayers that He should answer just the way you asked it.  After all, I am his child and He only desires what’s best for me and I know what’s best. So I give God options of how He should answer my prayers. And through the years, I have noticed common themes of how I pray. My prayers always include peace, joy, comfort, safety, ease, love and happiness—or making all of the green lights. But my prayers never include things that bring pain, suffering, confusion, hurt or tears. Don’t we all tend to pray for the good things because that is what is best for us?

There is a modern day parable about a man during a flood.  He prayed, “God, protect me. I have faithfully served You for all these years and You have always kept me safe in this house.” What he was really praying was, “Save me my way.”  Well, the rains came down and the water rose and rose.  Radio warnings were blaring to evacuate homes. His neighbors all left. He didn’t, he just kept praying. A county sheriff came by and said, “Hey, leave!” but he said, “No, I know the Lord will protect me and I’m staying in this house.”  The water got higher and this time, the Coast Guard came out. But the man still refused to go. As the water rose, the man sat on his roof, determined not to leave his home.  A helicopter came by and said, “Sir please come with me, I’m here to save you.”  The man said, “No, only God will save me and I’m staying.”  Well, the man drowned and now, he is standing in heaven. The man said to God, “What happened? I thought you were going to save me.”  God responded, “Well, I sent the police, a boat and helicopter. What else did you want?” 

This man’s concept of what God should do for him and what God would do for him was very different. He didn’t like God’s options. Sometimes what we want God’s will to be for us, and what it really is, brings us conflict. We want to serve God our way, please God our way and live for God our way. God says He protects us, so we expect protection to come our way too. Today, submit to the Lord’s leading in your life. He knows what is best. Ask the Lord to make you sensitive to His will and that you can be willing to do things His way. The end result just might reveal heavenly things to you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Jun 2019, 11:00 am

June 17

Today's Reading: Nehemiah 7; Acts 3

Today's Thoughts: Learn From Him

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Psalm 32:8-9

We have all we need when we truly understand what God has provided for us through His Holy Spirit. Many times we run to our families, friends and counselors for instruction or guidance. Many times we search horizontally for guidance when the Lord in His mercy and grace has told us to come to Him. By learning from Him, we can avoid a lot of unnecessary hurts, sins and problems.

There was a long period of time when my mother and I were inseparable. We spent our days together and truly enjoyed each other’s fellowship. One day, the Lord spoke so clearly to me that He desired to change the relationship. We have similar gifts and callings, and His desire was for us to minister to others, not just to each other. Instead of trusting the Lord, I told Him that I couldn’t do it and He would have to do it. Two years later, the Lord did intervene and our relationship changed. Both of us were very hurt and both of us needed to cling to the Lord each day to learn a new way of life. In the midst of that change, the Lord gave me this verse to hold on to. I knew that I would need counsel and instruction. I did not want to run to a new friend to fill the void and I did not want to sin against the Lord during this time of very uncomfortable change because I had known this was His will for years.

The Lord did do a new work in both of us. She and I are in separate ministries, teaching the gospel of Christ. God had His way. We both struggled to let each other go, but in the depths of our hearts we have seen good fruit, eternal fruit, by submitting to God. If you are struggling with a relationship of which you know God is speaking to you about, trust Him. Come to Him for instruction and counsel. He will give you the desires of your heart if you truly turn to Him. Change is scary but the Lord promises to watch over you, lead you and help you as you chose to come to Him. He will fill that void. In His council, you will receive peace and in time, He will give you understanding.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next