World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 3 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War?

Go down

Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? Empty Re: Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War?

Post  Admin Tue 05 Dec 2023, 11:59 pm

https://theisraelbible.com/are-we-living-the-gog-umagog-war/?Are+we+Living+the+Gog+U+Magog+War+Daily+-+December+05%2C+2023
Dec 4, 2023

IDF soldiers scouting the Israeli-Syrian border (Flickr.com)

לָכֵ֗ן כֹּ֤ה אָמַר֙ אֲדֹנָ֣י יֱהֹוִ֔ה עַתָּ֗ה אָשִׁיב֙ אֶת־(שבית) [שְׁב֣וּת] יַעֲקֹ֔ב וְרִחַמְתִּ֖י כׇּל־בֵּ֣ית יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל וְקִנֵּאתִ֖י לְשֵׁ֥ם קׇדְשִֽׁי׃

Assuredly, thus said Hashem: I will now restore the fortunes of Yaakov and take the whole House of Yisrael back in love; and I will be zealous for My holy name.

la-KHAYN KOH a-MAR a-do-NAI e-lo-HEEM a-TAH a-SHEEV et sh'-VUT ya-a-KOV v'-ri-kham-TEE kol BAYT yis-ra-AYL v'-ki-nay-TEE l'-SHAYM kod-SHEE

Ezekiel 39:25
This is not business as usual.

Though Israel has fought many small wars against Hamas, everyone understands that the current war is different. After Hamas slaughtered 1,200 innocent Israelis on October 7, nations throughout the world immediately felt the reverberations. This is a war with global implications, pitting Jews and Christians, the people of the Bible, against Muslims and secular progressives, who reject the Bible and all that it stands for.

Could this finally be the war of Gog and Magog, the great war of the end of days?

In chapters 38 and 39 of the Book of Ezekiel, the prophet describes a great war that will take place at the end of days. Gog of the land of Magog from the north will lead a host of nations in battle against Israel and God; a war that will bring about the final redemption. God’s wrath will come down upon the invaders who will die in a series of supernatural plagues.

“Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal… And you will come from your place, from the utmost north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding horses; a great assembly and a mighty army. And you will ascend upon My people Israel like a cloud to cover the earth; at the end of days it will be, and I shall bring you upon My land in order that the nations recognize Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog” (Ezekiel 38:1, 15-16).

For thousands of years, rabbis, pastors and Bible scholars have made confident claims about the identity of Gog and Magog, assuming that the great wars of their generation must be the fulfillment of this prophecy. But with the passage of time and the stubborn refusal of the final redemption to arrive, their speculations fell flat. That said, the current war aligns with the Gog and Magog prophecies in ways that are truly eye-opening. Though we cannot make predictions with any certainty, the connections are hard to ignore.

“’Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say: Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal… Persia, Cush, and Put are with them; all of them with buckler and helmet. Gomer and all its wings, the house of Togarmah, the utmost parts of the north and all its wings, many peoples with you.” (Ezekiel 38:2-3, 5-6)

What is the identity of the land of Magog? And who are these other nations that are destined to participate in this monumental war against Israel?

Interestingly, Israel’s traditional Biblical enemies are not mentioned in these verses. There is no mention of the Moabites, Ammonites, Egyptians, Philistines, Midianites or Amalekites. These ancient adversaries are replaced by new enemies, who will invade the ingathered nation of Israel from afar.

This is a very significant shift. In earlier times, Israel battled neighboring tribes and peoples in conventional struggles for land and resources. But the final battle against Gog will be a global war of far greater significance.

The rabbinic sages identify the Land of Magog as “Germanya” (Targum Yonatan). Yechiel Zvi Hirschenson, a 19th-century scholar, asserts that “Germanya” refers to Kerman or Kermania, the second largest province in modern Iran, whose main city is called Kerman to this day. This identification follows the rules of ancient Hebrew, in which the letters G and K are interchangeable.

Given modern Iran’s genocidal stance toward the State of Israel and its sponsorship of the three groups currently attacking Israel – Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Houthis of Yemen – the identification of the land of Magog with the Islamic Republic of Iran is compelling.

What about the other nations that will join with Gog in the war against Israel? Persia, of course, is Iran, which corresponds with the identification of Magog as an Iranian province. Put is traditionally identified with northern Africa, while Kush usually refers to the lands south of Egypt, including Sudan, Yemen and the entire Arabian peninsula. Historically, Meshech and Tubal were Scythian tribes from Asia Minor, modern-day Turkey.

Based on rabbinic tradition and historical research, it is reasonable to conclude that “Gog of the Land of Magog” is an Iranian leader who will attack Israel together with many Arab allies and Turkey. This aligns closely with today’s political reality, in which all of these nations and terror groups seek the destruction of Israel.

But the connection between Iran and Magog goes even deeper. Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook (1865-1935) explains that Gog and Magog’s motivations for attacking Israel will be different from those of other nations that have attacked Israel throughout history:

“All of the opposition of earlier enemies who attacked Israel derived from self-serving motives: to advance themselves through Israel’s destruction, to prevent Israel from succeeding at their expense, or to prevent the weakening of their strength as Israel grows spiritually stronger. But the war of Gog and Magog will derive purely from a desire to cause harm and destruction… It will come at a time when Israel is back in its land and seeks peace with its neighbors. But [Gog and Magog] will desire only to cause evil and will be jealous of the glory of God that will be increased through Israel. (Ein Ayah, Brachot I, 173)

Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah are not afraid that Israel will conquer their lands, nor do they seek economic benefits from attacking Israel. Hamas’ attacks have only brought death and destruction to the Gaza Strip. They are driven by pure hatred of Israel, seeking only to murder and destroy. As Yahyah Sinwar recently said, “The leaders of Israel should know this, October 7 was just the general rehearsal.” His goal is simple: to murder as many Jews as possible.

Fortunately, God will save His people, and the enemies of Israel will pay for their deeds:

“So says the Lord God: Lo! I am against you, O Gog, prince and head of Meshech and Tubal. And I will unbridle and entice you and lead you up from the utmost parts of the north and bring you upon the mountains of Israel… Upon the mountains of Israel shall you fall, you and all your hordes, and the people that are with you; to the birds of prey, to all the winged creatures and the beasts of the field have I given you to be devoured… And I will send fire on Magog and on those who dwell in safety in the islands, and they will know that I am the Lord. And I will make known My Holy Name in the midst of My people Israel, and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I, the Lord, am holy in Israel.” (Ezekiel 39:1-2,4,6-7)

May we merit to see these miracles with our own eyes!

Related Names and Places: Gog and Magog
Relate Bible Verses: Chapter 38, Chapter 39
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War? Empty Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War?

Post  Admin Mon 04 Dec 2023, 10:57 pm

https://www.israel365news.com/380045/are-we-living-the-gog-umagog-war/?
and you will advance upon My people Yisrael, like a cloud covering the earth. This shall happen on that distant day: I will bring you to My land, that the nations may know Me when, before their eyes, I manifest My holiness through you, O Gog!
EZEKIEL8:16(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
Elie Mischel
BIBLICAL NEWS
DECEMBER 4, 2023
5 MIN READ
Home » Are we Living the Gog U’Magog War
BIBLE GOG AND MAGOG HAMAS IDF - ISRAEL DEFENSE FORCE ISRAEL TERRORISM
This is not business as usual.

Though Israel has fought many small wars against Hamas, everyone understands that the current war is different. After Hamas slaughtered 1,200 innocent Israelis on October 7, nations throughout the world immediately felt the reverberations. This is a war with global implications, pitting Jews and Christians, the people of the Bible, against Muslims and secular progressives, who reject the Bible and all that it stands for.

Could this finally be the war of Gog and Magog, the great war of the end of days?

In chapters 38 and 39 of the Book of Ezekiel, the prophet describes a great war that will take place at the end of days. Gog of the land of Magog from the north will lead a host of nations in battle against Israel and God, a war that will bring about the final redemption. God’s wrath will come down upon the invaders, who will die in a series of supernatural plagues.

“Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal… And you will come from your place, from the utmost north, you and many peoples with you, all of them riding horses; a great assembly and a mighty army. And you will ascend upon My people Israel like a cloud to cover the earth; at the end of days it will be, and I shall bring you upon My land in order that the nations recognize Me when I am sanctified through you before their eyes, O Gog” (Ezekiel 38:1, 15-16).

Ezekiel’s Vision of the Sign “Tau” from Ezekiel IX:2–7. —Mosan champlevé panel, mid-12th century. (Source: Wikipedia)
For thousands of years, rabbis, pastors and Bible scholars have made confident claims about the identity of Gog and Magog, assuming that the great wars of their generation must be the fulfillment of this prophecy. But with the passage of time and the stubborn refusal of the final redemption to arrive, their speculations fell flat. That said, the current war aligns with the Gog and Magog prophecies in ways that are truly eye opening. Though we cannot make predictions with any certainty, the connections are hard to ignore.

“’Son of man, set your face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him, and say: Thus says the Lord God: Behold, I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal… Persia, Cush, and Put are with them; all of them with buckler and helmet. Gomer and all its wings, the house of Togarmah, the utmost parts of the north and all its wings, many peoples with you.” (Ezekiel 38:2-3, 5-6)

What is the identity of the land of Magog? And who are these other nations that are destined to participate in this monumental war against Israel?

Interestingly, Israel’s traditional Biblical enemies are not mentioned in these verses. There is no mention of the Moabites, Ammonites, Egyptians, Philistine, Midianites, Amalekites. These ancient adversaries are replaced by new enemies, who will invade the ingathered nation of Israel from afar.

This is a very significant shift. In earlier times, Israel battled neighboring tribes and peoples in conventional struggles for land and resources. But the final battle against Gog will be a global war of far greater significance.

The rabbinic sages identify the Land of Magog as “Germanya” (Targum Yonatan). Yechiel Zvi Hirschenson, a 19th century scholar, asserts that “Germanya” refers to Kerman or Kermania, the second largest province in modern Iran, whose main city is called Kerman to this day. This identification follows the rules of ancient Hebrew, in which the letters G and K are interchangeable.

Given modern Iran’s genocidal stance toward the State of Israel and its sponsorship of the three groups currently attacking Israel – Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Houtis of Yemen – the identification of the land of Magog with the Islamic Republic of Iran is compelling.

What about the other nations that join with Gog in the war against Israel? Persia, of course, is Iran, which corresponds with the identification of Magog as an Iranian province. Put is traditionally identified with northern Africa, while Kush usually refers to the lands south of Egypt, including Sudan, Yemen and the entire Arabian peninsula. Historically, Meshech and Tubal were Scythian tribes from Asia Minor, which is modern day Turkey.

Based on rabbinic tradition and historical research, it is reasonable to conclude that “Gog of the Land of Magog” is an Iranian leader who will attack Israel together with many Arab allies and Turkey. This aligns closely with today’s political reality, in which all of these nations and terror groups seek the destruction of Israel.

But the connection between Iran and Magog goes even deeper. Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook (1865-1935) explains that Gog and Magog’s motivations for attacking Israel will be different from those of other nations that have attacked Israel throughout history:

“All of the opposition of earlier enemies who attacked Israel derived from self-serving motives: to advance themselves through Israel’s destruction, to prevent Israel from succeeding at their expense, or to prevent the weakening of their strength as Israel grows spiritually stronger. But the war of Gog and Magog will derive purely from a desire to cause harm and destruction… It will come at a time when Israel is back in its land and seeks peace with its neighbors. But [Gog and Magog] will desire only to cause evil and will be jealous of the glory of God that will be increased through Israel. (Ein Ayah, Brachot I, 173)

Iran, Hamas and Hezbollah are not afraid that Israel will conquer their lands, nor do they seek economic benefits from attacking Israel. Hamas’ attacks have only brought death and destruction upon the Gaza Strip. They are driven by pure hatred of Israel, seeking only to murder and destroy. As Yahyah Sinwar recently said, “The leaders of Israel should know this, October 7 was just the general rehearsal.” His goal is simple: to murder as many Jews as possible.

Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar holding a Palestinian child dressed as a Hamas fighter during a rally in Gaza City (pre 2023)
Fortunately, God will save His people, and the enemies of Israel will pay for their deeds:

“So says the Lord God: Lo! I am against you, O Gog, prince and head of Meshech and Tubal. And I will unbridle and entice you and lead you up from the utmost parts of the north and bring you upon the mountains of Israel… Upon the mountains of Israel shall you fall, you and all your hordes, and the people that are with you; to the birds of prey, to all the winged creatures and the beasts of the field have I given you to be devoured… And I will send fire on Magog and on those who dwell in safety in the islands, and they will know that I am the Lord. And I will make known My Holy Name in the midst of My people Israel, and I will no longer cause My Holy Name to be profaned, and the nations will know that I, the Lord, am holy in Israel.” (Ezekiel 39:1-2,4,6-7)

May we merit to see these miracles with our own eyes!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down