World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
 "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

"Bring Them Home" protests heat up,

Go down

"Bring Them Home" protests heat up, Empty "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,

Post  Admin Mon 18 Mar 2024, 11:50 pm

Forwarded this email? Subscribe here for more
https://danielgordis.substack.com/p/the-bring-them-home-protests-heat?

The "Bring Them Home" protests heat up, but there's another group that's not coming home
The war takes up much of the "front pages," but so, too, do the broken souls one encounters everywhere in this country. It's heartbreaking, but there are dimensions that are also beyond inspiring.
MAR 18

I was going through security at Ben-Gurion airport on Saturday night, on my way to meeting with some people working on a mechanism to try to save Israeli democracy. A small group, fascinating people, and good for the soul to actually be trying to do something—regardless of what comes of it. (More on this meeting, perhaps, down the road.)

So as one must do at TLV, I took my laptop and put it in a bin.

The buy behind me in the security line—seemed like a perfectly nice guy—remarked to me that he’d never seen anyone tape their passwords to their computer. I wasn’t even looking at the laptop and for a second, had no idea what he could possibly have been talking about. “There,” he pointed, and I saw the tape.

I was tempted to tell him that my passwords tend to be a bit more complex than four sequential three-digit numbers, and that no, even if those were my passwords, then no, I couldn’t have them taped onto the laptop.

They were, I explained to him, the number of days that the hostages will have been held in captivity while I’m away. Instead of bringing masking tape and a marker with me, I just prepare the numbers and put them on my shirt on the right day.

Interestingly, he was moved beyond words. He was stammering. “That’s so touching. I’m so moved.” And on and on.

But what struck me is that while in our neighborhood, you see people wearing the day’s number all over, here was a person who when he saw the numbers, had no idea what they were.

We’ll come back to the hostages, but first, what’s in store for this week (as of now):

Image preview
TUESDAY (03/19): Many of the expressions of “faith” that the average English-language reader hears coming from Israel are hardly, ahem, inspiring. But whether we ourselves are personally on a faith-quest, knowing about the beauty of some visions of Judaism in Israel are key to understanding who and what the Jewish State is. Today, we’ll focus on the “faith-filled left.”

WEDNESDAY (03/20): A finance and investment expert, Shelly Hod Moyal co-leads iAngels, a firm she co-founded and scaled to becoming one of the most active venture funds in Israel. We hear from her the story of her extraordinary success, learn about her firm and its social commitments (Arabs and Haredim also work there) and also find out why she’s so optimistic about Israel’s future. We’ll post an excerpt for everyone, and the full conversation for our paid subscribers.

THURSDAY (03/21): If Chuck Schumer needs to get business cards printed up any time in the near future, he should probably add “Chief of Bibi Re-election Campaign.” Most Israelis have had it with Netanyahu, but they are incensed at Schumer’s trying to meddle in our internal political system (even if they agree with Schumer’s assessment of the PM). Biden and Schumer are trying to punish Bibi, but they’re actually boosting him, because they don’t begin to understand Israelis society. Might Bibi make it politically? It’s less unthinkable than it was not long ago, so we hear a leading Israeli commentator, Lior Schleien, share his assessment of what another Bibi term would look like.

FRIDAY (03/22): Breaches of protocol in the IDF are becoming more frequent—it’s a sign of the rage and worry wafting through Israel. Last week, we wrote about Brigadeir-General Dan Goldfus who took on Netanyahu, and in normal times, would have been fired—but of course wasn’t. Today, we’ll see a military ceremony that was attended by the father of one of the women soldiers at a base that was overrun on October 7. She was killed, perhaps burned to death. We’ll see the incident, and reflect on what is unfolding in Israel writ large.

Israelis are facing an unfolding crisis, but also an important opportunity to rebuild. If you would like to share our conversation about what they are feeling and what is happening that the English press can’t cover, please subscribe today.

Upgrade to paid

In other segments of Israeli society, though, everyone focuses on the hostages front and center. The two videos here are of the protests in Tel Aviv on this past Saturday night. In the first one, at the top of the page, you can hear the leader chant, at one point, ein zman, “there’s no time,” and then Et Kulam, “All of them,” a chant which people repeat.

What’s striking about the video below is that it seems indistinguishable from the 2023 judicial reform protests. If anything, these are like to get larger than those. 2023 may end up being child’s play relative to 2024. We shall see.

Even those of us who do everything we can to keep the fate of the hostages foremost in our own minds and primary in the consciousness of Israelis writ large, discover periodically how many dimensions of their lives we simply cannot imagine. The common questions are obvious: “Are they still alive?” “Are they being held alone, or with others?” [There are cases of both.] “Are they being raped? [I’ve heard medical personnel who treated the first group of released hostages say many of the women in the first exchange came back pregnant, and I’ve heard others who deny that in no uncertain terms and are outraged than anyone would say that. I have no idea what the truth is.]

And there are more questions we ask. About their locations: are they in houses, or underneath the ground, struggling to breath in the horrible tunnel air? Are they in decent or terrible health? Is anyone tending to their medical needs? How are they keeping sane? Have they given up?

Share Israel from the Inside with Daniel Gordis
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down