World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 3 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 8:40 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 6:46 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 5:32 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 4:35 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 3:55 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 3:41 pm by Admin

» AISH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 3:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 3:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 3:18 pm by Admin

» The Life and Death of Binyamin Airley
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyToday at 2:39 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 12:02 am by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 5:45 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Days of Heaven on Earth

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next

Go down

Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 16 Empty Re: Days of Heaven on Earth

Post  Admin Sat 01 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 01, 2012

Jesus will come into our surrendered lives and unite Himself with us, imparting to us His own life and being. From day to day, He will become the supply of our spiritual needs and the substitute for our helplessness.

Our part is simply to yield fully, recognizing our worthlessness, and then taking Jesus Himself to live in us and be, moment by moment, our strength and purity and victory.

One in His death on the tree,

One as He rose from the dead;

I from the curse am as free

E'en as my glorious Head.

One in His merits I stand,

One as I pray in His name,

All that His worth can demand

I may with confidence claim.

All that He has shall be mine,

All that He is I shall be;

Robed in His glory divine,

I shall be even as He.

Scripture
As he is, so are we in this world—1 John 4:17
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Nov 2012, 11:25 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, November 30, 2012

When the apostle speaks of the deep things Of God (1 Corinthians 2:10), he means more than deep spiritual truth. There must be something before this. There must be a deep soil and a thorough foundation.

Much of our spiritual teaching fails because the people to whom it is directed are so shallow. Their deeper nature has never been stirred.

The beatitudes begin at the bottom of things-the poor in spirit, the mourners, the hungry hearts. Suffering is essential to profound spiritual life. We need not go to a monastery or a hospital for the leprous to find it. Unless we are born into a different race than Adam's, the first real opportunity for unselfishness will bring into our lives the anguish of crucifixion.

Because men and women have not faced this truth, they know little of suffering and death. We must have deep convictions. Truth must be to us a necessity and principle a part of our very being.

Lord, make me poor in spirit. Help me to be even as Thou wert when on earth-always the lowest and, therefore, highly exalted (Philippians 2:9).

Scripture
In lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves—Philippians 2:3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:46 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, November 29, 2012

A young woman whose parents had died while she was an infant had been cared for by a friend of the family. Before she was old enough to know him he went to Europe. Through all his years of absence he wrote regularly to her and never failed to send her money for all her wants.

Finally word came that during a certain week he would return and visit her. He did not fix the day or the hour. During that week the young woman received several invitations to take pleasant trips with her friends. one of these sounded so exciting that she could not resist accepting it. But during her trip her benefactor came, inquired as to her absence and left. Returning she found a note:

"My life," the note said, "has been a struggle for you; might you not have waited one week for me?" More she never heard, and her life of plenty became one of want.

Jesus has not fixed the day or hour of His return but He has said, Watch. Should He come today, would He find us absorbed in thoughtless dissipation? May we be found each day in the expectant attitude of those watching for a loved one.

Scripture
Could ye not watch with me one hour?—Matthew 26:40
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:42 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, November 28, 2012

How much can we do for Christ? We are accustomed to say, "As much as I can." Have we ever thought that we can do more than we can?

This thought was lately suggested by the remarks of a Christian friend who told how God had laid it upon her heart to do something for His cause which was beyond her power. When she dared to obey Him, He gave her the assurance of His power and resources. So marvelously did He meet her faith that she was enabled to do more than she could have otherwise. She was able to accomplish her heart's desire and see a work fulfilled to which her resources were unequal.

The apostle says, I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me, and yet He says we are not able to think anything, as of ourselves (2 Corinthians 3:5).

Oh, blessed sufficiency! Oh, blessed All-Sufficiency! Oh blessed nothingness, which brings us all things! Oh, blessed faith, whose rich dowry is, All things are possible to him that believeth!

Oh, to be found of Him in peace,
Spotless and free from blame.
Scripture
Without me ye can do nothing—John 15:5
Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The two men who stand worshiping at the gate of Eden represent the two divisions of mankind-believers and unbelievers.

The earthly man has far more beauty, culture and real effort in his religion. He brings the first and best of the rich, ripe produce of summer. Perhaps his altar is in favorable contrast to the rude mound of clay on which Abel offers the ghastly and revolting sacrifice of a bleeding, dying lamb.

Cain's whole offering was a direct denial of what God had said about the curse upon the ground and its fruits, of the fact of sin and the need of an atoning Savior. Abel's sacrifice acknowledged this truth and accepted God's way of pardon.

The first act of faith is to believe what God says about sin-to believe that we are sinners because God says it. Abel did. He took the sinner's place and instantly found the sinner's Savior. Cain would not see his sin and as a result, fell into deeper sin.

The devil tricks us into saying, "I have not sinned." Humble faith accepts God's judgment upon sin and thereby escapes its penalty.

Scripture
And the Lord had respect unto Abel and his offering—Genesis 4:4
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, November 26, 2012

Preeminent above all other ministries for the evangelization of the heathen world is the Great Commission. The command, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature (Luke 16:15), requires a personal ministry from man to man and for every man. The command to begin at Jerusalem passes on to us the obligation to reach God's chosen people. Go ye . . . and disciple all nations raises our commission to a nobler plane and makes us ambassadors for the King of kings and trustees of the gospel for every kindred and tribe and tongue. The command, Ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8), lifts the outlook beyond any section of humanity, any circle of selfish patriotism and any form of religious selfishness. It makes the work of evangelization the one supreme ministry of the Church of Christ and the one paramount responsibility of every disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Have you come into close touch with the risen Christ or caught the spirit of His last momentous days on earth? if so, you cannot be inactive, indifferent, or even neutral in this mighty enterprise which is the emergency work of our times and which is the one great business for which God has called us.

Scripture
As my Father hath sent me, even so send I you—John 20:21
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:19 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, November 25, 2012

Nothing will more effectually arrest the working of the Spirit in the heart than the spirit of criticism. At the end of a meeting, a young minister came forward and told me of the great blessing he had received that afternoon and of the baptism of the Holy Spirit that had come into his heart and being, setting him free from the bondage of years. And then he added, "it all came through your answer to that question, 'Will a criticizing spirit hinder the Holy Spirit from filling the heart?'"

As the question was asked and answered, he said, "I was sitting in the church criticizing much of what was going on, objecting to this thing and to that thing, finding fault with the expressions of praise and testimony and feeling thoroughly unhappy. The Lord brought the answer home to my heart and convicted me of my sin. There and then I laid it down and began to see the good instead of the evil. Blessing fell upon me, and my soul was filled with joy and praise. I saw where my error lay-that for years I had been trying to see the truth with my head instead of my heart."

Scripture
Judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come—1 Corinthians 4:5
Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, November 24, 2012

A woman remarked in my hearing: "I have so much work to do that I haven't time to wait on the Lord to get strength to do it." Surely that was making bricks without straw. Even if her tasks were in the name of the Lord and the church, she was under the devil's bondage.

God sends not His servants on their own charges; but God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound unto every good work (2 Corinthians 9:8).

The old Latin motto festina lente-"Make haste slowly"-has a great lesson for us. The more work we have to do, the more frequently we must drop our heads upon our desks and wait a moment for heavenly aid and love. Then we can press on with new strength. One hour baptized in the love of the Holy Spirit is worth ten battling against wind and tide without the heavenly life.

I dwell with the King for His work,

And the work, it is His and not mine;

He plans and prepares it for me

And fills me with power divine.

So, duty is changed to delight,

And prayer into praise as I sing;

I dwell with my King for His work

And work in the strength of my King.

Scripture
I can do all things through Christ—Philippians 4:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Nov 2012, 2:49 pm

Devotions » Simpson Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, November 23, 2012

0ne of the greatest enemies to faith is indolence. it is much easier to lie and suffer than to rise and overcome. It is much easier to go to sleep on a snowbank and never wake again than to rouse one's self and shake off the lethargy and overcome the stupor. Faith is an energetic art. Prayer is intense labor. The effectual working prayer of the righteous man availeth much.

Satan tries to put us to sleep as he did the disciples in the garden. Let us not sleep as do others, but let us awake and be sober, continuing in prayer and watching thereunto with all perseverance (Ephesians 6:18), stirring up ourselves to take hold of God's strength, not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promise (Hebrews 6:12).

It is the wind that carries the sailing ship across the waves, but the wind is powerless unless the hand of the boatman is held firmly upon the rudder and the rudder set hard against the wind. In like manner we hold the rudder; God fills the sails. It is not the rudder that carries the ship, but it is the rudder turned against the wind that carries the ship. So God keeps us in perfect peace while we are stayed upon Him (Isaiah 26:3).

Scripture
It is high time to awake out of sleep—Romans 13:11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:33 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, November 22, 2012

Greater than the fault we condemn and criticize is the sin of criticism and condemnation. There is no time that demands such grace as when we deal with an erring one.

A lady once called on me on her way to give an erring sister a piece of her mind. I advised her to wait until she could love the woman a little more. Only Jesus, who loved sinners well enough to die for them, can deal with the erring. We can never see all the heart. He does, and He can convict without condemning and reprove without discouraging.

Oh, for more of the heart of Christ! Take care how you speak of another's fault. Some day soon you may be in the same or deeper condemnation. Very significantly does the Master say that the man who sees a mote in his brother's eye usually has a rafter in his own.

Give me a heart like Thine,

Give me a heart like Thine.

By Thy wonderful power,

By Thy grace every hour,

Give me a heart like Thine.

Scripture
Cast out the beam out of thine own eye—Matthew 7:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, November 21, 2012

It is said that a mother found her small boy standing beside a tall sunflower, with his feet stuck in the ground. When she asked, "What in the world are you doing there?" he naively answered, "Why, I am trying to grow to be a man."

His mother laughed heartily at the idea of his being planted in the ground in order to grow like the sunflower. Then, patting him gently on the head, she said, "Why, Harry, that is not the way to grow. You can never grow bigger by trying. just come right in and eat enough good food and have plenty of play and you will soon grow to be a man without trying so hard."

Harry's mother was right. There could not be a better answer to the question: "How do the lilies grow?" than Hannah Whitehall Smith's comment, "They grow without trying."

Our deepest spiritual life is the life of self unconsciousness through which we become united to Christ. We live continually on His life, being nourished, fed and constantly filled with His Spirit and presence and all the fullness of His imparted life.

Scripture
Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow—Matthew 6:28
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An American gentleman once visited the saintly Albert Bengel. He was very desirous to hear him pray. So one night he lingered at his door, hoping to overhear his closing devotions. The rooms were adjoining and the doors ajar. The good man finished his studies, closed his books, knelt down for a moment and simply said, "Dear Lord Jesus, things are still the same between us" and then quietly fell asleep. So close was his communion with his Lord that labor did not interrupt it and prayer was not necessary to renew it. It was a ceaseless, almost unconscious presence, like the fragrance of the summer garden or the company of some special person by our side whose presence we somehow feel, even though the busy hours pass by and not a word is exchanged.

O blessed fellowship, divine,

O joy, supremely sweet,

Companionship with Jesus here,

Makes life with joy replete;

0 wondrous grace, 0 joy sublime,

I've Jesus with me all the time.

Scripture
The disciple whom Jesus loved . . . leaned on his breast—John 21:20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 12:15 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, November 19, 2012

When any great blessing is awaiting us, the devil is sure to try to make it so disagreeable to us that we shall miss it. it is a good thing to know Satan as a liar and to remember, when he is trying to prejudice us strongly against any cause, that very likely the greatest blessing of our lives lies there. Spurgeon once said that the best evidence that God was on our side is the devil's growl, and we are generally pretty safe in following a thing according to Satan's dislike for it.

Take care lest, in the very line where your prejudices are setting you apart from God's people and God's truth, you are missing the treasures of your life. Take the treasures of heaven no matter how they come to you, even if, as earthly treasures generally are, they are like the kernel inside the rough shell or the gem in the center of the hard rock.

I have seen Jesus, and my heart is dead to all beside,

I have seen Jesus, and my wants are all, in Him, supplied.

I have seen Jesus, and my heart, at last, is satisfied,

Since I've seen Jesus.

Scripture
We would see Jesus—John 12:21
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:13 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, November 18, 2012

Great is the difference between action and transaction. We may be constantly acting without accomplishing anything, but a transaction is action that passes beyond the point of return and becomes a permanent committal.

Salvation is a transaction between the soul and Christ in which the matter passes beyond recall. Sanctification is a great transaction in which we are utterly surrendered, irrevocably consecrated and wholly committed to the Holy Spirit; then He comes and seals the transaction and undertakes the work. Our covenant for our Lord's healing should be just as explicit, definite and irrevocable.

This should also be true of the covenants to which God is leading His children from time to time in regard to other matters of obedience and service. God grant that during this hallowed day many a consecrated life may be able to say with new significance and permanence, Tis done, the great transaction' s done."

For the living Vine is Jesus;

in whose fullness we may hide;

And find our life and fruitfulness

As, we in Him abide.

Scripture
And he that sat upon the throne said, . . . It is done-Revelation 21:5-6
Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, November 17, 2012

God does give us impressions but not with the intent that we should act on them as impressions. If the impression comes from God, He will Himself give sufficient evidence to establish it beyond the possibility of a doubt.

We read of the impression that came to Jeremiah concerning the purchase of the field of Anathoth. Jeremiah, however, did not act upon this impression until after the following day, when his Uncle's son came to him and brought him external evidence by making a proposal for the purchase - Then Jeremiah said, I knew that this was the word of the Lord/ (Jerermah 32:8).

He waited until God seconded the impression by a providence, and then he acted in full view of the open facts that could bring conviction unto others as well as himself.

God wants us to act according to His mind. We are not to ignore the Shepherd's personal voice, but like Paul and his companions at Troas we are to listen to all the voices that speak and gather from all the circumstances, as they did, the full mind of the Lord.

Scripture
The ark of the covenant of the Lord went before them—Numbers 10:33
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Nov 2012, 5:53 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, November 16, 2012

Jesus illustrates the unexpectedness of His coming by the figure of a thief entering a house when the master is not there. Life, like a house when the master the old Jewish night, may be divided into three watches-youth, maturity, old age. The summons to meet God may come to us in any of these watches.

A writer tells us of his experience with a camping party of which he was a member and which, he tells us, always arranged to have watches at night. "We became especially careful after what I am about to narrate happened. During the first night, from sunset to sunrise, we had in turn carefully guarded our camp. But when the next night came, we were so impressed with the seeming safety of the neighborhood that we concluded no guard was needed until bedtime. We spent the evening in the main tent telling stories, singing and enjoying ourselves. When the hour to retire arrived, we discovered that our other tents had been robbed and everything of value stolen. The mischief was done before we thought a guard necessary."

It is never too soon to begin watching against sin.

Scripture
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour—Matthew 25:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Nov 2012, 10:36 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, November 14, 2012

How strong is the snare of the things that are seen, and how necessary for God to keep us in the things that are unseen! If Peter is to walk on the water, he must walk; if he is going to swim, he must swim; but he cannot do both. if the bird is going to fly it must keep away from the fences and the trees and trust to its buoyant wings. If it tries to keep within easy reach of the ground, it will make poor work of flying.

God had to bring Abraham to the end of his own strength and to let him see that in his own body he could do nothing. He had to consider his own body as good as dead and then take God for the whole work. When he looked away from himself and trusted God alone, then he became fully persuaded that what God had promised He was able also to perform.

This is what God is teaching us. He has to withhold encouraging results until we learn to trust without them, and then He loves to make His work real in fact as well as faith.

Let us look only to Him today to do what/ He will choose in the way He will choose.

Scripture
The things which are seen are temporal—2 Corinthians 4:18
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:35 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Daniel's heart was filled with God's love for His work and kingdom, and his prayers were the mightiest forces of his time. Through them God gave to him the restoration of Israel to their own land, and the acknowledgment by the rulers of the world of the God of whom he testified and for whom he lived.

There is a beautiful promise in Psalm 37: Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart (v.4). It is, perhaps, legitimate to translate this as meaning not only the fulfillment of our desires, but even the inspiration of our desires, the inbreathing of His thoughts into us so that our prayers shall be in accord with His will and bring back to us the unfailing answer of His mighty providence.

Teach me Thy thoughts, 0 God!

Think Thou, Thyself, in me;

Then shall I only always think

Thine own thoughts after Thee.

Teach me Thy thoughts, 0 God!

Show me Thy plan divine;

Save me from all my plans and works,

And lead me into Thine.

Scripture
Delight thyself also in the Lord—Psalm 37:4
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Nov 2012, 9:22 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, November 12, 2012

Life in earnest-what a rare, what a glorious spectacle! We see it in the Son of God; we see it in His apostle; we see it in every noble, consecrated and truly successful life. Without it there may be a thousand good things, but they lack the golden thread that binds them all into a chain of power and permanence. They are like costly and beautiful beads, that fall in confusion from a broken string, and are lost in the end for want of the bond that alone could bind them into a life of consistent and lasting power.

Oh, for the baptism of fire! oh, for the earnest, the Spirit! Oh, for lives that have but one thing to do or care for! Oh, for the depth and everlasting strength of the heart of Christ within us, to love, to sacrifice, to realize, to persevere, to live and die like Him!

We are going forth with a trust so sacred,

And a truth so divine and deep,

With a message clear and a work so glorious,

And a charge-such a charge-to keep.

Let it be your greatest joy, my brother,

That the Lord can count on you:

And if all besides should fail and falter,

To your trust be always true.

Scripture
The earnest of the Spirit in our hearts—2 Corinthians 1:22
Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, November 11, 2012

Our life from the dead is to be followed up by the habit and attitude which is the logical outcome of all this. Reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ . . . but yield yourselves unto God, not to die over again every day, but as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God (Romans 6:11, 13).

Further, Christ's resurrection life is given to fit us for the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death (Philippians 3:10).

It is intended to enable us to toil and suffer with rejoicing and victory. We mount up with wings as eagles that we may run, and not be weary; . . . walk, and not faint (Isaiah 40:31).

But let us not mistake the sufferings. They do not mean our sufferings, but His. They are not our struggles after holiness, our sicknesses and pains, but those higher sufferings which, with Him, we bear for others and for a suffering Church and a dying world. May God help us not to sorrow for ourselves, but put us at leisure, in the power of His resurrection, to bear His burdens and drink His cup.

Scripture
Reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed—Romans 6:11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Nov 2012, 3:42 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, November 10, 2012

But prayer is the link that connects us with God. it is the bridge that spans every gulf and bears us over every abyss of danger or of need. How significant the picture of the apostolic church: Peter in prison, the Jews triumphant, Herod supreme, the arena of martyrdom awaiting the dawning of the morning to drink up the apostle's blood-everything against it. But prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. And what was the sequel? The prison open, the apostle free, the Jews baffled, the wicked king eaten of worms-a spectacle of hideous retribution- and the Word of God rolling on in greater victory.

Do we know the power of our supernatural weapon? Do we dare to use it with the authority of a faith that commands as well as asks? May God baptize us with holy audacity and divine confidence. He is not wanting great men and women, but He is wanting men and women who will dare to prove the greatness of their God.

But God! But prayer!

Scripture
But prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him—Acts 12:5

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Nov 2012, 9:28 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, November 09, 2012

A fter having become adjusted to our Living Head and the source of our life, our business now is to abide, absorb and grow. We do this by leaning on Christ's strength, drinking in His life, feeding on Him as the Living Bread and drawing all of our resources from Him in continual dependence and communion.

The Holy Spirit will be the great Teacher and Minister in this blessed process. He will take of the things of Christ and show them to us, and He will impart them through all the channels and functions of our spiritual lives. As we yield ourselves to Him He will breathe His own prayer of communion, drawing out our hearts in longings and hungerings, which are the pledge of their own fulfillment, calling us apart in silent and wordless prayer, and opening every sense and sensibility of our spiritual beings to take in His life.

As the lungs absorb the oxygen from the atmosphere, as the senses breathe in the sweet odors of the garden, so the heart instinctively receives and rejoices in the affection and fellowship of the beloved One by our sides. Thus each of us becomes like a tree planted by the rivers of water (Psalm 1:3).

Scripture
Because I live, ye shall live also—John 14:19
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:18 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, November 08, 2012

There is a natural law of sin and sickness. If we just sink into the trend of circumstances we shall go down and sink under the power of the tempter. But there is another law of spiritual life and physical life in Christ Jesus to which we can rise and through which we can counterbalance and overcome the law that bears us down. But to do this requires real spiritual energy, fixed purpose and a settled posture and habit of faith.

in the factory that relies on a single source of mechanical power, it is necessary to engage the belt that turns the central shaft and keeps it engaged. The power is there, but only if the connection is maintained is it usable power to operate the machinery.

There is a spiritual law of choosing, believing, abiding and holding steady in our walk with God that is essential to the working of the Holy Spirit either in our sanctification or healing.

There is a word that saves the soul,

"I will trust;"

It makes the sick and suffering whole,

"I will trust."

Scripture
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free—Romans 8:2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Nov 2012, 9:34 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, November 07, 2012

God has three ways of helping us. First, He says, I will strengthen thee. In other words, He is saying, "I will make you a little stronger yourself." Second, He adds, I will help thee. By that we understand Him to say, "I will add my strength to your strength, but you shall lead and I will help you." Third, He says, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness- or, "I will lift you up bodily and carry you altogether. It will be neither your strength nor My help, but My complete upholding.

When we come to the end of our strength, we come to the beginning of His. In Him the weakest are the strongest, and the most helpless the most helped. He giveth power to the faint, but to them that have no might at all He increaseth strength. His word forever is, My grace is sufficient for thee.

The answer is a paradox of contradictions, and yet the most practical of truths.

Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. . . . For when I am weak, then am I strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).

Scripture
I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee—Isaiah 41:10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Bless the Lord, 0 my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, 0 my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; who satisfeth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's (vv.1-5).

Who so well can sing this thanksgiving song as we who rejoice in God's full salvation and praise God for the glorious health of a risen Lord and a continual youth?

This psalm and its opening verses is in the very center of the Scriptures by an exact count of letters and verses. So let it stand central in our lives, as we look backward and forward and upward in grateful thanksgiving. Let us sing in the words of its closing strains, Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, 0 my soul (Psalm 103:22). Lord, center my heart in Thee and in the spirit of love and praise.

Scripture
Bless the Lord, 0 my soul—Psalm 103:1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, November 05, 2012

If we would be enlarged to the full measure of God's purpose, let us endeavor to realize something of our own capacities for His filling.

We little know the size of a human soul and spirit. Never, until He renews, cleanses and enters the heart, can we have any adequate conception of the possibilities of the being whom God made in His very image, and whom He now renews after the pattern of the Lord Jesus Himself.

We know, however, that God has made the human soul to be His temple and abode. God knows how to make the house that can hold His infinite fullness. We know something of this as all our nature quickens into springtime life at the coming of the Holy Spirit. We know it as from time to time new baptisms awaken the dormant powers and susceptibilities that we did not realize we possessed.

Let us give God the right to make the best of us. Filled with wonder, we shall some day behold the glorious temple that He has built and say, Lord, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? (Psalm 8:4).

Scripture
I in them, and thou in me—John 17:23
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Nov 2012, 10:53 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, November 04, 2012

Many a person prays for sanctification but fails to enter into the blessing because he does not intelligently understand and faithfully accept God's appointed means-Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Spirit. Many a prayer for the salvation of others is hindered because the very friend who has prayed takes the wrong course to bring about the answer and resorts to means which defeat his object.

There are wives pleading for the salvation of their husbands who hope to win them by avoiding anything that may offend them, yielding to all their worldly tastes in the hope of attracting them to Christ. Far more effective would be an attitude of fidelity to God and fearless testimony to their husbands, such as God could bless.

Many a congregation wonders why it is so poor and struggling. it may be because its financial methods are wholly unscriptural and unworthy of even ordinary self-respect.

When we ask God for any blessing, we must allow Him to direct the steps which are to bring the answer.

Scripture
Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord?—1 Samuel 15:22
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 03 Nov 2012, 4:45 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, November 03, 2012

God is our friend. Which of you shall have a friend, . . . at midnight? asked Jesus (Luke 11:5). This concept of God as our friend has deep significance for each one of us. Who has not had a friend, who in some respects was more of a friend than anyone in the family? Reflect upon that friendship. Recall each act of love. Think of all you could trust that friend to do for you and all the ways in which he or she stood by you. Then as you concentrate the whole weight of recollection and affection, put God in that place of confidence and realize He is all that friend has been and infinitely more.

Our Friend! The one who is personally interested in us, who has set His heart upon us, who has come near to us in the tender and delicate intimacy of unspeakable fellowship. He has given us invaluable pledges and promises, He has done very much for us, He is ever ready to go to any trouble or expense to aid us. To Him we come in prayer-our heavenly Friend.

Scripture
This is my beloved, and this is my friend—Song of Solomon 5:16
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Nov 2012, 10:59 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, November 02, 2012

If we would abide in Christ we must have no confidence in self. Self-repression must be ever the prime necessity of divine fullness and efficiency. How quickly we want to spring to the front when any emergency arises. When something in which we are interested comes up, we say what we think under some sudden impulse. Then perhaps there are weeks of taking back our thoughts and taking the Lord's instead.

It is only when we get out of the way of the Lord that He can use us. So, let us leave self behind us, always suspending our will about everything until we have looked at the issue and said: "Lord, what is Your will? What is Your thought about it?"

Those who thus abide in Christ have the habit of reserve and quiet; they are not rattling and reckless talkers, they will not always have an opinion about everything-and they will not always know what they are going to do. There will be a deferential holding back of judgment and walking softly with God. It is our headlong, impulsive spirit that keeps us so constantly from hearing and following the Lord.

Scripture
Bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ—2 Corinthians 10:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 41 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 41  Next