World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel Reserve Soldiers killed
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» Open letter Jewish COLLEGE STUDENTS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 9:42 pm by Admin

» Historic Milestone Saudi Arabia-Israel stability
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 9:08 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 5:36 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 5:19 pm by Admin

» PRO TRUTH of Israel what Pro PA want
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 4:59 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyYesterday at 4:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:56 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 11:05 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» iNSPIRATIONAL DEVOTION Israel
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» THE FREE PRESS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 5:52 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:40 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:37 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:24 pm by Admin

» Jewish History~ WHO DOES IT BELONG TO
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2024, 4:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Days of Heaven on Earth

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next

Go down

Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 26 Empty Re: Days of Heaven on Earth

Post  Admin Wed 08 Feb 2012, 10:35 pm

Today's Daily Encounter

Creative Adversity

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus
Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all
comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that
we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort
we ourselves have received from God."1

In 1832, French engineer Ferdinand Marie de Lesseps
was traveling on the Mediterranean Sea. One of the
passengers on the ship (he was on) came down with a
contagious disease and the ship was quarantined.
Lesseps became very frustrated. To help kill time he
read the memoirs of Charles le Pere who had considered
the feasibility of building a canal from the
Mediterranean to the Red Sea.

In 1869 the Suez Canal was completed. It was
constructed following the design by and under the
leadership of de Lesseps which, thirty-seven years
earlier during that quarantine, was germinated and
conceived. The entire world has reaped the benefit
ever since.

In my own life and work almost every major change for
the good that I have made has been the result of a
setback or crisis of some kind. Most of the things I
write about have come out of my own struggles,
setbacks, and failures and my subsequent search for
answers to these issues. I turned to writing in the
first place over four decades ago when I felt God had
put me on the shelf and forgotten I existed. I never
wanted to be a writer but God has used my writing to
help many others.

Be assured that God wants to use your trials,
failures, and setbacks, too, not only to help you
grow, but also so you will be able to help others who
are going through the same or similar trials that you
have gone through.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please use the struggles
in my life to help me become more Christ-like and
compassionate so I can be a comfort to other
fellow-strugglers. Thank you for hearing and answering
my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."

1. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 (NIV).

<Smile)))><

NOTE: If you would like to accept God's forgiveness
for all your sins and His invitation for a full pardon
Click on: http://www.actsweb.org/invitation.php. Or
if you would like to re-commit your life to Jesus Christ,
please click on http://www.actsweb.org/decision.php to note this.

Daily Encounter is published at no charge by
ACTS International, a non-profit organization,
and made possible through the donations of
interested friends. Donations can be sent at:
http://www.actscom.com

Copyright (c) 2012 by ACTS International.

When copying or forwarding include the following:
"Daily Encounter by Richard (Dick) Innes (c) 2012
ACTS International.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:21 pm

Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, February 06, 2012

What a priceless bit of counsel! Stop praying so much for yourself; begin to ask unselfish things, and see if God will not give you faith. See how much easier it will be to believe for another than for your own concerns.

Try the effect of praying for the world, for definite things, for difficult things, for glorious things, for things that will honor Christ and save mankind. After you have received a few wonderful answers to prayer in this direction, see if you will not feel stronger to touch your own little burden with a divine faith and then go back again to the high place of unselfish prayer for others.

Have you ever learned the beautiful art of letting God take care of you and giving all your thought and strength to pray for others and for the kingdom of God? It will relieve you of a thousand cares. It will lift you up into a noble and lofty sphere and teach you to live and love like God. Lord, save us from our selfish prayers; give us the faith that works through love and the heart of Christ for a perishing world.

Scripture
Praying always . . . for all saints—Ephesians 6:18

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
Psalm 18:1 (KJV)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Feb 2012, 10:50 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, February 05, 2012

In the old creation, the week began with work and ended with Sabbath rest. The resurrection week begins with the first day-first rest, then labor.

So we must first cease from our own works as God did from His, and enter into His rest. And then, with rested hearts, we will work His works with effectual power.

But why labor to enter into rest? See that sailing craft-how restfully it glides over the waters, its canvas swelling with the wind and borne without an effort! And yet, look at that man at the helm. See how firmly he holds the rudder, bearing against the wind, and holding her steady to her position. Let him for a moment relax his steady hold and the vessel will fall listlessly along the wind. The sails will flap, the waves will toss the craft at their will, and all rest and power will have gone. It is the fixed helm that brings the steadying power of the wind. And so He has said, Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee (Isaiah 26:3). The steady will and stayed heart are ours. The keeping is the Lord's. So let us labor to enter and abide in His rest.

Scripture
Rest in the Lord—Psalm 38

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Feb 2012, 9:26 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, February 04, 2012

This living Christ is not the person who was, but the person who still is your living Lord.

At Preston Pans, near Edinburgh, I looked on the field where, long ago, armies had been engaged in contest. In the crisis of the battle the chieftain fell wounded. When they saw their leader's form go down, his men were about to shrink away from the field. Their strong hands held the claymore with trembling grip, and they faltered for a moment. Then the old chieftain rallied strength enough to rise on his elbow and cry: "I am not dead, my children, I am only watching you-to see my clansmen do their duty."

And so from the other side of Calvary our Savior is speaking. We cannot see Him, but He says, Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world (Matthew 28:20). Notice how He puts it: "I am"-an uninterrupted and continuous presence. Not "I will be," but the guarantee of an unbroken presence to remain with us forever.

Soon the conflict shall be done,

Soon the battle shall be won;

Soon shall wave the victor's palm,

Soon shall sing the eternal psalm.

Then our joyful song shall be,

I have overcome through Thee.

Scripture
Lo, I am with you always—Matthew 28:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, February 03, 2012

This is true faith. When we can see, it is not faith but reasoning. In crossing the Atlantic by ship, I observed this very principle of faith. We could see no path upon the water or sign of the shore. And yet day by day the helmsman was in a path as exactly as if he had been following a great chalk line upon the sea. And when we came within 20 miles of land he knew where we were as surely as if he had seen it all 3,000 miles ahead.

How had we measured and marked our course? Day by day our captain had taken his instruments, and looking up to the sky had fixed his course by the sun. He was sailing by the heavenly lights, not the earthly lights. So faith looks up and sails on, by God's great Sun, not seeing one shoreline or earthly lighthouse or path upon the way. Often our steps seem to lead into utter uncertainty or even darkness and disaster. But He opens the way, making our midnight hours the very gates of day.

Let us go forth this day, not knowing, yet trusting.

Scripture
He went out, not knowing whither he went—Hebrews 11:8

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Feb 2012, 6:57 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, February 02, 2012

The first word here used for service is diakanos, which means minister to others in any usual way or work. The word doulos, however, means a bondservant, and the Lord here plainly teaches us that this is the highest form of service.

Christ made himself the servant of all, and he who would come nearest to Him and stand closest to Him at last must likewise learn the spirit of the ministry that has utterly renounced selfish rights and claims forever.

It is quite possible for us to be entirely loyal to the Lord Jesus, and yet for His sake to be servants and under the authority of those who are over us in the Lord.

The doulos spirit is the spirit of self-renunciation and glad submission to proper authority-service utterly disinterested, yielding its own preferences and interests unreservedly for the glory of the Master and the sake of our brethren. Lord, clothe us with such humility and make us wholly Thine.

Scripture
But whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; and whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant—Matthew 20:26-27

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, February 01, 2012

In the life overflowing in service for others we find God's deep fountain spilling over the spring to find outlet in rivers of living water that bless and save the world around us. It is beautiful to notice that as the blessing grows unselfish it grows larger. The water in the heart is only a well, but when reaching out to the needs of others it is not only a river but a delta of many rivers overflowing in majestic blessing. This overflowing love is connected with the person and work of the Holy Spirit who was poured out upon the disciples after Jesus was glorified.

This is the true secret of power for service-the heart filled and satisfied with Jesus and so baptized with the Holy Spirit that it is impelled by the fullness of its joy and love to impart to others what it has so abundantly received. And yet each new ministry only makes room for a new filling and a deeper receiving of the life which grows by giving.

Letting go is twice possessing.

Would you double every blessing?

Pass it on.

Scripture
A . . . well of water springing up—John 4:14

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More and more we are realizing the supreme importance of getting the right conception of sanctification- not as a blessing but as a personal union with the personal Savior and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Thousands of people get stranded after they have embarked on the great voyage of holiness. They find themselves failing and falling and are astonished and perplexed. They conclude that they must have been mistaken in their experience. So they make a new attempt at the same thing and again fall. At last, worn out with their efforts, they conclude that the experience is a delusion, or at least that it was never intended for them. Then they fall back into the old way, and their last state is worse than their first.

What people need today to satisfy their deep hunger and to give them a permanent and divine experience is to know not sanctification as a state but Christ as a living person who is waiting to enter the heart that is willing to receive Him.

Scripture
Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption—I Corinthians 1:30

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, January 30, 2012

How did God bring about the miracle of the Red Sea? By shutting His people in on every side so that there was no way out but the divine way. The Egyptians were behind them, the sea was in front of them, the mountains were on both sides of them. There was no escape but from above.

Someone has said that the devil can wall us in, but he cannot roof us over. We can always get out at the top. Our difficulties are but God's challenges, and many times He makes them so hard that we must get above them or go under.

In the Providence of God, such an hour furnishes us with the highest possibilities for faith. We are pushed by the very emergency into God's best.

Beloved, this is God's hour. If you will rise to meet it you will get such a hold upon Him that you will never be in extremities again; or if you are, you will learn to call them not extremities, but opportunities. Like Jacob, you will go forth from that night at Peniel, no longer Jacob, but victorious Israel. Let us bring to Him our need and prove Him true.

Scripture
Cast down, but not destroyed—2 Corinthians 4:9

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, January 29, 2012

Nehemiah gives us a graphic picture concerning what took place during the celebration of their glorious Feast of Tabernacles. Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions to them for whom nothing is prepared . . . neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

How many there are on every side for whom nothing is prepared! Let us find some sad and needy heart whom there is no one else to think of or care for. Let us pray for someone who has none to pray for him. Let us be like Him who, one Christmas Day, came to a world that would not appreciate Him, to be rejected and finally murdered.

Let us not be afraid to know something even of the love that is unrequited and is thrown away on the unworthy. That is the love of Christ, and God has for such love a rich recompense.

How Christ must weep over the selfishness that meets Him from those for whom He died!

Scripture
Send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared—Nehemiah 8:10

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:59 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, January 28, 2012

There is a joy that springs spontaneously in the heart without any external or even rational cause. It is like an artesian fountain. It rejoices because it cannot help it. It is the glory of God; it is the heart of Christ; it is the joy divine of which He says, These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full (John 15:11). And your joy no man can take from you. Those who possess this fountain are not discouraged by surrounding circumstances. Rather, they are often surprised at the deep, sweet gladness that comes without apparent cause-a joy that frequently is strongest when everything in their condition and circumstances would tend to fill them with sorrow and depression.

It is the nightingale in the heart that sings at night because it is its nature to sing.

It is the glorified and incorruptible joy that belongs with heaven and anticipates already the everlasting song. Lord, give us Thy joy under all circumstances this day, and let our full hearts overflow in blessing to others.

Scripture
That my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full—John 15:11

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Jan 2012, 2:19 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, January 27, 2012

0ne of Satan's favorite employees is the switchman. He likes nothing better than to sidetrack one of God's express trains sent on some blessed mission and filled with the fire of a holy purpose.

Something will come up in the pathway of the earnest man to attract his attention and occupy his strength and thought. Sometimes it is a little irritation or provocation. Sometimes it is some petty grievance he stops to pursue or adjust. Sometimes it is somebody else's business in which he becomes interested, and he feels bound to rectify. Before he knows it, he is absorbed in many distracting cares and interests that turn him aside from the great purpose of his life.

Perhaps he does not do much harm, but he has missed his connection. He has left the main line.

Let all these things alone. Let grievances come and go, but press forward steadily and irresistibly, crying as you speed toward the goal, This one thing I do!

Scripture
This one thing I do—Philippians 3:13

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Jan 2012, 6:48 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, January 26, 2012

Raising rice in the Orient is a beautiful process. The rice is sown on a morass of mud and water ploughed up by great buffaloes. After a few weeks the pale green shoots spring up, appearing above the water. The seed has been sown very thickly and the plants are clustered together in great numbers. The farmer can pull up a score in a single handful. At that point the shoots are ready for transplanting.

So God first plants us and lets us grow very close to some of His children. We may be in great clusters in the nursery or the hothouse. But when we reach a certain stage we must be transplanted or come to nothing. God calls us out by His Spirit and Providence into situations where we have to lean directly on Him. He puts upon us a weight of responsibility so great that we are thrown upon the limitless resources of His grace and have an opportunity to develop.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river (Jeremiah 17:7-8).

Scripture
I called him alone, and blessed—Isaiah 51:2

Psalm 18:1 (KJV
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Jan 2012, 5:37 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It is good to be able to receive new truth and blessing without sacrificing the truths already proved or abandoning foundations already laid.

Some persons are always laying the foundations, until, finally, they appear like a number of abandoned sites and half-constructed buildings. Nothing is ever brought to completion.

If today you are abandoning for some new truth the things that a year ago you counted most precious and believed to be divinely true, this should be sufficient evidence that a year from now you will probably abandon your present convictions for the next new light that comes to you.

God wants to continually add to us, to develop us, to enlarge us, to teach us more and more but always building on what He has already taught us and what He has established in our lives.

While we are to prove all things, let us hold fast that which is good, and whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing (Philippians 3:16).

Scripture
Hold fast that which is good—1 Thessalonians 5:21

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:42 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, January 24, 2012

When God does anything marked and special for our souls or bodies, He intends it as a sacred trust for us to communicate to others. Freely ye have received, freely give.

It has pleased the Master in these closing days of His dispensation of grace to reveal Himself in peculiar blessing to the hearts of His chosen disciples in all parts of the Christian church. But this is intended to be communicated to a still wider circle. Every one of us who has been brought into these intimate relations with God becomes a trustee or witness for these higher truths to everyone we can influence.

If God has revealed Himself to us as our Sanctifier, it is that we may help others to Him as a Sanctifier.

If He has become our Healer, it is because there are sick and suffering people to whom we can bring some blessing.

In like manner, if the hope of the Lord's coming has become precious to us, it would be worse than ingratitude for us to hide our testimony to this truth and hold it only for our own personal comfort.

Scripture
Freely ye have received, freely give—Matthew 10:8

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Jan 2012, 4:25 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, January 23, 2012

It is a great deliverance to lose one's self. There is no heavier millstone than self-consciousness. It is so easy to become introverted and coiled around ourselves in our spiritual consciousness. There is nothing that is so easy to fasten onto as our misery: there is nothing that is more apt to produce self-consciousness than suffering. Then it becomes almost a settled habit to hold onto our burden and pray it unceasingly into the very face of God until even our prayer saturates us with our own misery. Rather, we should ask for power to drop ourselves altogether and leave ourselves in His loving hands and know that we are free. Then we may rise into the blessed liberty of His higher thoughts and will and demonstrate His love and care for others.

The very act of letting go of ourselves lifts us into a higher place and relieves us from the thing that is hurting. This habit of prayer for others, and especially for the world, brings its own recompense and leaves upon our hearts a blessing, like the fertility which the Nile deposits upon the soil of Egypt as it flows through to its ultimate goal.

Scripture
I knew a man in Christ—2 Corinthians 12:2

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Jan 2012, 7:11 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, January 22, 2012

There is danger of becoming morbid even in preparing for the Lord's coming. I remember a time when I determined to devote myself to a month of waiting upon the Lord for a baptism of the Holy Ghost. Before the end of the month the Lord had shaken me out of the seclusion and compelled me to go out and carry His message to others. As I went He met me in my service to Him.

There is a musty, monkish way of seeking a blessing. There is also a wholesome, practical holiness which finds us in the company of the Lord Himself, not only in the closet and on the mountaintop of prayer but among publicans and sinners and in the practical duties of life.

The practical preparation for the Lord's coming consists first of fully entering into fellowship with Him in our own spiritual lives, letting Him not only cleanse us, but perfect us in all the finer touches of the Spirit's deeper work. Following that it will mean getting out of ourselves and living for the benefit of others and the preparation of the world for His appearing.

Scripture
His wife hath made herself ready—Revelation 19:7

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, January 20, 2012

Someone has said that the most spiritual people are the easiest to get along with. When one has a little of the Holy Spirit it is like "a little learning, a dangerous thing." But a full baptism of the Holy Spirit and a really disciplined established and tested spiritual life makes one simple, tender, tolerant, considerate and childlike.

James and John, in their early zeal, want to call down fire from heaven on the Samaritans. But John, the aged, allowed Demetrius to exclude him from the church, and, with the patience of Jesus, suffered on Patmos for the kingdom. And aged Paul was willing to take back even Mark, whom he had refused as a companion in his early ministry and to acknowledge that he was profitable to him for the ministry.

I want the love that cannot help but love;

Loving, like God, for very sake of love.

A spring so full that it must overflow,

A fountain flowing from the throne above.

Now abideth faith, hope, [love]; but the greatest of these is [love] (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Scripture
Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of—Luke 9:55

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jan 2012, 2:33 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, January 19, 2012

I once heard an old man say something that I have never forgotten. "When God tests you it is a good time for you to test Him by putting His promises to the proof. Claim from Him just as much as your trials have made necessary."

There are two ways of getting out of a trial. One is simply to try to get rid of the trial, and be thankful when it is over. The other is to recognize the trial as a challenge from God to claim a larger blessing than we have ever had. We should greet it with delight as an opportunity of obtaining a larger measure of divine grace.

Thus even the adversary becomes an auxiliary, and the things that seem to be against us turn out to be for the furtherance of our way. Surely, we are to be more than conquerors through him who loved us (Romans 8:37).

Blessed Rose of Sharon

Breathe upon our heart,

Fill us with Thy fragrance,

Keep us as Thou art.

Then Thy life will make us

Holy and complete;

In Thy grace triumphant,

In Thy sweetness, sweet.

Scripture
Prove me now herewith—Malachi 3:10

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, January 18, 2012

There is a beautiful touch of loving thoughtfulness in the account of Christ's miracle at Capernaum in providing the tribute money. After the reference to Peter's interview with the tax collector, the Scriptures add, when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him (17:25); that is, anticipated him, as the old Saxon word means. Jesus arranged for the need before Peter had to speak about it at all and sent him down to the sea to find the piece of gold in the mouth of the fish.

So the Lord is always thinking in advance of our needs. He loves to save us from embarrassment. He anticipates and cares by laying up His loving acts and providing before the emergency comes.

Then with exquisite tenderness the Master adds: That take, and give to them for me and thee. He puts Himself first in the embarrassing need and bears the heavy end of the burden for His distressed and suffering child. He makes our cares His cares, our sorrows His sorrows, our shame His shame. He is able to be touched with the feeling of our infirmities (Hebrews 4:15).

Scripture
That take, and give unto them for me and thee—Matthew 17:27

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, January 17, 2012

God does not have two ways for any of us, but one. Not two things for us to do which we may choose between, but one best and highest choice. It is a blessed thing to find and fill the perfect will of God. It is a blessed thing to have our life laid out and our Christian work adjusted to God's plan.

Much strength is lost by working at a venture. Much spiritual force can be expended in wasted effort and in scattered, indefinite and inconstant attempts at doing good. There is spiritual force and financial strength enough in the hands and hearts of the consecrated Christians of today, if it were only wisely directed and used according to God's plan, to bring about the evangelization of the world in a generation.

Christ has laid down a definite plan of work for His Church, and He expects us to understand it and to work up to it. As we catch His thought and obediently, loyally fulfill it, we shall work with purpose. In so doing we please Him far better than by our thoughtless, reckless and indiscriminate attempts to carry out our ideas and compel God to bless our work.

Scripture
It is God which worketh in you—Philippians 2:13

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, January 16, 2012

The water in a steam locomotive may be at any one of three temperatures. It may be cold, although clean and ready for the fire. It may be hot, very hot-hot enough to scald you, almost boiling. Or the water may be just one degree hotter-at the boiling point-pouring out its vapor in clouds of steam, pressing through the valves and driving the mighty pistons that turn the wheels and propel the train.

There are three kinds of Christians. The first we will call cold-water Christians-perhaps better, clean-water Christians.

The second are hot-water Christians. They are almost at the boiling point.

One degree more, and we come to the third class of Christians-the boiling-water Christians. The difference between the latter two is a very slight one. It is simply the removal of one last reservation, the dropping of one "if." Yet it makes all the difference in the world. That one degree changes that engine into a motive power, not now just a machine to be looked at, but a locomotive to go.

Scripture
Prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God-Romans 12:2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, January 15, 2012

Let us abide in Him. It is much easier to keep the fire burning than to rekindle it after it has gone out. Let us not have to remove the cinders and ashes from our hearthstones every day and kindle a new flame; but let us keep it burning and never let it expire. Among the ancient Greeks the sacred fire was never allowed to go out. So, in a higher sense, let us keep the heavenly flame aglow upon the altar of our hearts.

It takes much less effort to maintain a good habit than to form it. A true spiritual habit once formed becomes a spontaneous tendency of our being, and we grow into delightful freedom in following it. Let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works (Hebrews 6:1); whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing (Philippians 3:16).

Every spiritual habit begins with difficulty and effort and watchfulness. But if we will only let it get thoroughly established, it will become a channel along which the currents of life will flow with divine spontaneousness and freedom.

Scripture
As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him—Colossians 2:6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 Jan 2012, 7:37 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, January 13, 2012

Such was God's promise to Moses, and such the high character that Moses was to assume toward Aaron, his brother. Does it not suggest a high and glorious place that each of us may occupy toward all whom we meet, instead of God?

What a dignity and glory it would give our lives, could we uniformly realize this high calling! What a difference it would make in our actions toward our fellow men! God can always be depended upon. He is without variation. God's Word is unchangeable, and we can trust Him without reserve or question. May we so live that men can trust us, even as they trust God!

Again, God has no needs or wants to be supplied. He is always giving, rich unto all that call upon him (Romans 10:12). The glory of His nature is love-unselfish love-and beneficence toward all His creatures. The divine life is a self-forgetting life, a life that has nothing to do but love and bless.

Let us so live, representing our Master here, while He represents us before the Throne on high.

Scripture
Thou shalt be to him instead of God—Exodus 4:16

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, January 14, 2012

God loves us so well that He will not permit us to take less than His highest will. Some day we shall thank our faithful Teacher who kept the standard inflexible and then gave us the strength and grace to reach it. We shall thank Him who would not excuse us until we had accomplished all His glorious will.

Let us be inexorable with ourselves. Let us mean exactly what God means, and have no discounts upon His promises or commandments. Let us keep the standard up, and never rest until we reach it. Let God be true, but every man a liar (Romans 3:4). Even if we fail a hundred times, let us not accommodate God's ideal to our thinking, let us rather be like the brave ensign who stood in front of his company waving the regimental banner. When the soldiers tried to call him back, he only waved the banner higher and cried, "Don't bring the colors back to the regiment; bring the regiment up to the colors."

Forward, forward, leave the past behind thee,

Reaching forth unto the things before;

All the Land of Promise lies before thee,

God has greater blessings yet in store.

Scripture
Unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ—Ephesians 4:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jan 2012, 5:06 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Jewish man was asked how it was that his countrymen were so successful in acquiring wealth. "Ah," said he, "we do not make more money than other people, but we keep more." Beloved, let us be on guard this day against spiritual pickpockets and spiritual leakage. Let us lose not those things which we have wrought. Let us be sure we receive a full reward (2 John 8). As each day comes and goes, let us deposit in the savings bank of eternity its treasures of grace and victory, being conscious that something real and everlasting is being added daily to our eternal fortune.

It may be but a little, but if we can save all that God gives us and pass it on to His keeping, when the end of all things comes, we shall be amazed to see how much the accumulated treasures of a well-spent life have laid up on high. We shall see how much more God has added to them by His glorious investment of the life committed to His keeping.

How the days are passing! How precious these golden hours will seem sometime! God help us to make the most of them now.

Scripture
Hold fast till I come—Revelation 2:25
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 41 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 41  Next