World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES

Page 7 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 36  Next

Go down

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Empty Re: FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES

Post  Admin Sat 31 Jul 2021, 7:13 pm

The Credibility Factor

I appreciate and defend the origins of our many denominations. Most were born as godly men fought against the sin and spiritual apostasy of their times. Their heroic stand preserved (or in some cases, restored) the truth of God in an otherwise dark world. From my heart, I thank God for our denominational heritage.

Today, however, the need to remain divided from other evangelical congregations is unjustified. We can remain unique churches with unique callings and a unique spiritual heritage, yet we can be united spiritually, and even functionally, with other congregations in our communities.

Knowing Christ has called for unity in His church, many leaders today are re-examining the legitimacy of division in the church. Today's heroes are not isolating themselves from other churches; rather, they are working with others to repair the breaches, seeking to build the citywide church on the foundation of Christ alone.

Yet, our traditions of division have taken on the garments of orthodoxy; they appear biblical, but they are not. The various divisions in the history of the church were stages in restoration meant to preserve truth, not isolate it.

Is Christ Divided?
Every true Christian believes the Bible is God's sacred, eternal word. Indeed, heaven and earth will pass away, but God's word will endure forever. What was relative and powerful in the first century ought to be just as powerful today. Listen, therefore, to what Paul wrote to the Christians in Corinth:

"Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree, and there be no divisions among you, but you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgment. For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you. Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, 'I am of Paul,' and 'I of Apollos,' and 'I of Cephas,' and 'I of Christ.' Has Christ been divided?" (1 Cor. 1:10-13a).

How strange that we smugly look upon the divisions in the Corinthian church. We boldly criticize their carnality. But why was it wrong in the first century to say, “I am of Paul” (or Apollos), but permissible in these last days to say, I am of Luther or Wesley or of the Baptists or Pentecostals?

Again, please remember, I am not suggesting we should strive for unity with churches that do not believe in Christ or God's word or the Holy Spirit or the virgin birth or the second coming. However, I am saying that, within the sphere of the born-again, living church of Jesus Christ, divisions are unbiblical and wrong.

The apostle later continued, "For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?" (1 Cor. 3:3).

The credibility of the church is that we are not "mere men," creatures born of women without spiritual vision or destiny. We have been born again of one Spirit from above. Within our spirits is the actual spiritual substance of Christ Himself.

"Do you not know that you are a temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?" (1 Cor 3:16).

We are the temple of God. Our churches, like the stones of the temple, are to be laid side-by-side, building us together "into a dwelling of God in the Spirit" (Eph. 2:22).

Paul went on to issue a warning which every Christian should heed. He said,

"If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy" (1 Cor. 3:17).

We have attempted to use this verse to condemn such things as cigarette smoking and sexual vices, and on an individual basis, there are obvious consequences to these sins. However, Paul is speaking here of more than the sins of excess and immoral pleasure. The apostle is warning against allowing division in the temple of God, the church. He says, "If any man destroys the temple of God" (through jealousy and strife), "God will destroy him." The context is plainly speaking in regard to divisions in the church!

When pure Christianity degenerates into divided camps of ambitious people, it literally destroys the harmony, power and blessing of the "temple of God." The individual who brings or supports such carnal divisions in the church has positioned himself in a very dangerous place before God. The temple of God is holy. Our unity together is holy. Our love for one another is holy, for the Father Himself dwells in the resting place of caring attitudes and loving relationships. Collectively, we are the dwelling place of God on earth.

The warning is severe: "If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him."

Yes, there are times when church leaders sin and confusion enters the dynamics of church life. So, let’s make room for failings and transitions. But let us not lose sight of the fact that the living God is a God of order; He will not dwell in ruins! Because He is a God of love, He will work with us to rebuild, but He will not sanction our fallen condition with power. He will not lend His credibility to our disorder.

How Does Disunity Affect You?
When Nehemiah, living among the Jewish exiles, heard of the condition of Jerusalem and its temple, he "sat down and wept and mourned for days." The fallen condition of the temple thrust him into an extended position of "fasting and praying before the God of heaven" (Neh. 1:4). The modern Jews also weep as they face the Wailing Wall, lamenting over the ruins of their temple. Paul mourned when he saw the ruined condition in Corinth. He said, "For I am afraid ... that perhaps there may be strife, jealousy, angry tempers, disputes, slanders, gossip, arrogance, disturbances; I am afraid that when I come again my God may humiliate me before you, and I may mourn over many of those who have sinned" (2 Cor. 12:20-21). And Jesus Himself wept over the divisions of Jerusalem, lamenting, "How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling" (Matt. 23:37).

This mourning concerning the disunified condition of the Father's house ought to be in our hearts as well. Yet, for most of us, not only have we failed to mourn our situation, we have not even grasped that our disunity, jealousy and strife is a fallen state! How far we have fallen and how little we know it!

While the redemption of man was always motivating Jesus, remember, His most ardent desire was His zeal for His Father's house; He was consumed with it (see John 2:17). Building the house of God --- the born-again, praying, loving, citywide church --- is still Christ's highest priority. The world is His harvest; the church is His bride. His love for the church was the basis of His last recorded prayer: that we would be one. It is still His highest passion today. For, until we are united in Him, and one with one another, our testimony lacks credibility. The world will not believe that God has sent Christ if our lives are infected with the same divisions that plague non-Christians (see John 17:20-23).

Privileged To Become Christlike
There were many reasons why Jerusalem fell to Babylon during Jeremiah's day, but underlying them all was the spiritual apostasy of the religious leaders. God Himself would have defended a humble, praying city, but in Jerusalem the spiritual leaders were corrupt. Listen, therefore, to Jeremiah's fearful revelation:

"The adversary and the enemy could enter the gates of Jerusalem" because of "the sins of her prophets and the iniquities of her priests" (see Lam. 4:12-13).

Do we see this? Israel's enemies entered Jerusalem because the spiritual leaders were unrepentantly full of sin. Oh God, help us to see and accept that the future of our cities exists in the corporate relationship the spiritual leaders have with You and one another. Jesus said that any city, any house "divided against itself" cannot stand (Matt. 12:25). The place of spiritual protection of a community has its origins in the quality of life that exists in the spiritual leadership of that community. In other words, a vibrant, praying, united church will move that city toward the blessing of God; a divided, sinful leadership will allow the adversary to enter the city's gates.

The path narrows for leadership until our only choice is to become Christlike in everything. However, Christlike leadership in the church can transform the world around it! You see, our cities are in disorder because the church is in disorder. James tells us that where there is jealousy and strife, "there is disorder and every evil thing" (James 3:16).

Our selfish ambitions have taken our eyes off the will and purposes of God for our cities. We have become jealous of one another. Consequently, the "disorder," lawlessness and "every evil thing" we see in our society are, at least in part, rooted in the soil of a misdirected and distracted church community.

Because of this, the church has lost a measure of its credibility. How can we expect the world to hear our message of love when we, as Christ's body, fail to love each other? We have no right to condemn the world for its pride and arrogance when we, the body of Christ, still refuse to humble ourselves and work with the other churches in our neighborhoods.

Beloved, over the years the world has seen many incredible ministries. However, the time of the "incredible" has passed; the hour for the credible is being established.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's In Christ's Image Training course.
More information.

In Christ's Image Training

In Christ's Image Training.
Online course begins September 3, 2021
Registration closes August 26, 2021

In Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.

The course comes right to your home via email and audio messages and is designed to lift one's focus toward the actual presence of Jesus Christ. The full course not only includes 48 lessons and 39 audio messages (sample audio), but the discerning student will actually find the Lord using the weekly lessons to stage opportunities to deepen the truths found in the training.

For those with limited funds, the entire text is free by email. Just enroll in the Free Lesson Plan (new students only please).

Enrollment overview:
1) Go to our overview page and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page and Tuition page.

2) Choose an enrollment plan.

3) Next, complete and submit the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, Thursday, August 26.

4) Class begins September 3, 2021.

For more info, please see www.frangipane.org/icit-overview.html.

ICIT En Español

Use our Mobile-friendly / Printer-friendly version to forward or print this message.

Please feel free to forward this message to others; acknowledging our website would be kindly appreciated.

Facebook  Twitter
A service of Frangipane Ministries, Inc.
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise stated, all Scripture quotations were taken from the NASB.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jul 2021, 2:03 pm

Spiritual Authority and the Things
We Love, Part 2

As wide as our sphere of love, to that extent we have spiritual authority. We see this in the mother who loves her child. Such a woman has authority to protect, train, and nurture her offspring. She has authority to protect what she loves. The same is true of the husband over his family. His authority is not merely to rule but to establish in his home the life of Christ. True spiritual authority is born of love.

The individuals who love their local congregation have authority to build up that congregation. Their authority is not extended, however, beyond the boundaries of their love. If we love the entire body of Christ in a locale, our authority touches the lives of those in our city or region, either through the burden of prayer or through teaching or outreach and service.

The testing ground of all spiritual things is love, for love alone purifies our motives and delivers us from the deceitfulness of self. Even authority in spiritual warfare must be rooted in love. David gained the skills to slay Goliath, not on a battlefield, but by defending his father's sheep from predatory animals. David loved the sheep so much that he risked his life for them. So also we grow in authority as we protect our Father's sheep, the flock He has given us to love.

Authority is muscle in the arm of love. The more one loves, the more authority is granted to him. If we love our cities and are willing to lay down our lives in service to our community, God will enlarge our hearts. He will grant us new authority in spiritual warfare. However, no man should ever engage in confrontational warfare who does not love what he has been called to protect. If you do not love your city, do not pray against the ruling forces of darkness. Satan knows the genuineness of our love by the brightness of the glory that surrounds us. A man or woman without Christ-inspired love will soon shrink back and fail in spiritual warfare. Only love "never fails" (1 Cor. 13:8).

Indeed, when it comes to spiritual warfare, there are many things the Holy Spirit has to say that we are not able to hear until the base of our love is expanded. In His wisdom, the Lord protects us from presumptuously attacking the strongholds of hell and suffering loss. Yet, if we are truly anointed in God's love, the price to see our culture saved is not too great. But it will be a price that love alone can pay.

Authority to Build Up the Body of Christ
"For even if I should boast somewhat further about our authority, which the Lord gave for building you up and not for destroying you . . . " (2 Cor. 10:8).

Many so-called "prophets" today think they are called, like Jeremiah, to "pluck up and to break down, to destroy and to overthrow" (Jer. 1:10). Jeremiah's message was to a people who were destined to be carried off into Babylon. The prophet spoke to a people who did not have the Holy Spirit and the blood of Jesus. Israel was, at that time, a nation that God Himself said was destined for captivity, and had been speaking and warning against judgment for over 250 years.

Yet, even if we had only the prophet Jeremiah as our example, God's commission of Jeremiah was more than confronting sin. It also included promises of restoration and deliverance, "to build and to plant" (Jer. 1:10). To represent the heart of the Lord, which is the true prophetic role, the servant of God must know both God's grace and His truth. We must know by revelation whether the Holy Spirit is preparing to destroy or seeking to rebuild.

Today, in my opinion, we are a people coming out of captivity, a people whom God is encouraging to build, as they did in the days of Nehemiah, Ezra, Haggai, and Zechariah. We have been in exile from the promises of God, but we are returning to rebuild the Lord's house. Yes, we are in a time of judgment, correction and discipline, yet it is not a time to tear down the body of Christ; it is time to establish and to build up.

The authority coming to the Church in this next outpouring will be an authority to restore the local, citywide church. Like Paul's authority, ours will be given for building and encouraging and not for destroying.

God has this new leadership constantly before His eyes. Pastors from many denominations, along with their congregations, are meeting together in prayer, seeking to draw the very fire and heart of God into their souls. Emerging from this foundation of humility and prayer is a new authority to make disciples of Christ. Because their love extends outward into their cities, their authority reaches outward as well, even into the heavenly places. These are the leaders whom God is raising up. And those whom God raises up, He backs up with His power. Authority is muscle in the arm of love.

Dear Lord, make me a willing sacrifice. I desire Your authority, Lord. Give me courage to surrender in obedience, even when I do not see the outcome and when all I see is loss. Help me to trust as I walk through the narrow gate. Establish in me Your love that I might defend Your people with authority. In Jesus' name, amen.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, When the Many Are One, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.

Save over 45%
Limited time offer

When the Many Are One

Our best efforts will not stop the flood of problems in our cities if we remain isolated from each other. In a season when external forces are causing disunity and division, Francis Frangipane calls us back to oneness with Christ, and through Him oneness with other Christians. With the character and power of Christ in our midst, the Church can again bring transformation to our communities, our nation, and our world. (This is a revised and expanded version of The House of the Lord)

Book $9.75 (Retail $15.00)
Ebook $7.50 (Retail $15.00)

Visit Arrow Bookstore to order these and other
resources by Pastor Francis

Reawaken your passions for Christ!

Accepting registrations for the
September 3, 2021 ICIT Level I class

Watch this short video of Francis
introducing the training

Level I classes begin September 3, 2021

Registration closes August 26, 2021

ICIT En Español

Use our Mobile-friendly / Printer-friendly version to forward or print this message.

Please feel free to forward this message to others; acknowledging our website would be kindly appreciated.

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 10 Jul 2021, 9:33 pm

Spiritual Authority and the Things
We Love, Part 1

While the doctrines of Christianity can be taught, Christlikeness can only be inspired. By their humble and holy lives, this next generation of leaders will inspire multitudes. They will truly walk in Christ’s love; they will be granted great authority.

The Church has many administrators, but few examples of Christ; many who can explain the doctrines of Christianity but few who walk as Jesus walked. Indeed, while many stand in leadership today, not many function in the higher realms of authority that Christ purchased for His Church. However, a new badge of authority is coming to the Church. It will bring deliverance on a scale unprecedented; in some cases, entire cities will be turned toward God.

What is spiritual authority? It is nothing less than God Himself confirming with power the word of His servant. Moses exemplified spiritual authority when he warned unrepentant Pharaoh. The Spirit of God confirmed Moses’s judgments with power that broke the pride of Egypt. Jesus manifested spiritual authority when He confronted demons in people, silenced storms, healed diseases, and then fulfilled redemption in resurrection power. The Father let none of Christ’s words go unfulfilled.

The Bible provides us with many examples of those with spiritual authority. Every example tells us the same underlying principle: those who are raised up by God are backed up by God. They will "decree a thing, and it will be established" (Job 22:28). Such is the nature of spiritual authority.

The Source of Authority
Obviously, as pastors, leaders, and intercessors, we need to operate in greater authority. Yet while we enjoy a variety of graces that add to our personal edification, God gives us authority for one specific purpose: to fulfill His purposes on the earth. What are God’s purposes? One main unveiling of the divine purpose is seen in the Great Commission. Jesus said, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations" (Matt. 28:18-19).

Christ gave the Church authority to make disciples. We have been much more successful in making converts than disciples. In our day, many are believers in Jesus, but few are truly followers of Christ. If the goal is discipleship, how do we accomplish this? We are to take our converts and teach "them to observe all that [Jesus] commanded" (v. 20). When the Church returns to teaching all that Jesus taught, our disciples will have authority to do all that Jesus did.

Yet, spiritual authority is not something we possess merely because we strive for it. We cannot buy it as Simon the magician attempted to do (Acts 8:18). The power of authority will not function simply because we copy the methods of another, as the sons of Sceva realized (Acts 19:14-16). Nor can it be attained automatically because we read books about building the Church. We cannot pretend to have spiritual authority. As we focus upon obeying the words of Christ, there are divinely ordained ways for Christ’s authority to unfold in our lives.

From the beginning of our salvation we have enjoyed the Father’s unconditional love. As we mature, however, there comes a time when the Father’s love toward us seems conditional. As it was for Christ, so it is for those who follow Him. He said:

For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life.
---John 10:17

Jesus lived in the deepest intimacies of the Father’s love because He laid down His life for the sheep. If we will grow in true authority, we will do so by laying down our lives for His sheep. Have you felt the drawing, the divine working of the Father bringing you into Christlike surrender? Be encouraged: He is equipping you for this next outpouring of His Spirit. But also be advised: your authority will be an outgrowth of your life laid down in love.

As leaders, we do indeed have administrative authority due to our positions in church government; however, spiritual authority transcends administrative authority. Here is the path to true spiritual authority: in full possession of our souls, without fear or intimidation by any outside source, we choose to lay down our lives for Christ’s sheep. Yes, in full freedom, with avenues of escape plainly within view, we fearlessly surrender our souls to God.No one controls us but God, yet our lives are laid down, like Christ’s, in intercession for others. When we could easily fight and win, yet turn the other cheek; when we are unjustly opposed, yet quietly endure---at those moments spiritual authority is entering our lives.

No one has taken [My life] away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative.
---John 10:18

Jesus was not forced to accept crucifixion; He chose crucifixion. Christ’s Gethsemane prayer was not an entreaty to escape the cross, for while Jesus was still in the garden, He told Peter, "Do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" (Matt. 26:53). Jesus had a choice: legions of warring angels and immediate personal deliverance, or death on the cross and deliverance for the world. He chose to die for us. The willful decision to lay down our lives as Jesus did is the very path upon which true authority develops. Jesus said, "I have authority to lay [My life] down" (John 10:18). His authority came in the laying down of His life. Our authority comes from the same source: picking up our cross and laying down our lives for others.

Authority, Not Control
Spiritual authority is the provision of God to transform the temporal with the power of the eternal. It is not something our flesh can imitate, nor is it found in the tone of our words or the gaze of our eyes. Divine authority requires divine sanction. This sanction comes from passing the tests of love.

When authority is administered without love, it degenerates into control. God does not call us to control His people but to inspire and guard them. The outcome of control is oppression, witchcraft, and strife. But the result of love is liberty and the power to build up and protect God’s people.

True spiritual authority exists above the realm of fleshly control. Our lives, and the lives of those who follow us, are laid down on our own initiative. It is a choice we make because of love. Since true authority itself is born in freedom, freedom is what it breeds.

We will walk in either the true authority of love, the false authority of control, or no authority at all. Both false authority and no authority are rooted in fear, and we react to fear in either of two ways. The first reaction, which produces false authority, is to seek to control those around us, thus making the circumstances around us more predictable and less threatening. The other response to fear is to refuse to accept and exercise any authority at all. Many relationships are simply the pairing of these symbiotic needs: the desire to control and the willingness to be controlled. Both are fueled by overreactions to fear.

Scripture tells us, however, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear" (1 John 4:18). Since true authority is built upon love, its goal is to liberate, not dominate. Therefore, before one can truly move in spiritual authority, he must be delivered from fear and its desire to control; he must be rooted and grounded in love.

Authority to Inspire Christlikeness
When our teaching about God and our obedience to Him are one, spiritual authority accompanies our lives. Jesus astounded the multitudes, for He spoke "as one having authority" (Matt. 7:28-29). What He taught was consistent with how He lived. Therefore, we also must live and display the virtue we seek to teach.

Dear pastor, if we seek to train our congregations to pray, we ourselves must first be intercessors. You may say, "But out of a congregation of several hundred, only three people join me for prayer." Then with those three develop your intercessor base. Do not be discouraged, for you will win others. But the measure of our success is not the numbers in attendance on Sunday mornings. God has given us people so we may train them, not merely count them. Of this group, those whom we inspire to live like Christ are actually the measure of our success, the test of our effectiveness in the ministry.

Another may say, "But I’ve never been a leader." When anyone lays down his or her life in Christ’s love, others will see and follow. Whether you are a business owner, a housewife, or a teen, such a one can speak with confidence and authority as Christ’s disciple. In truth, if you are following Christ, others are following you. You are, indeed, a leader.

This next generation will not just teach the people; they will inspire the body of Christ to live like Jesus. Their example in all things will awaken godliness in those around them. From true virtue shall the leaders of tomorrow draw true authority, for when the nature of Christ is revealed, the authority of Christ soon follows.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, When the Many Are One, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Jul 2021, 4:00 pm

https://francisfrangipanemessages.blogspot.com/2006/08/truth-is-person.html
Francis Frangipane Eword Messages
Truth is a Person
By Francis Frangipane

Over the years we have received many encouraging emails and letters from people who appreciate our call and passion for Christlikeness. We are both thankful and humbled by those who have taken the time to write. On occasion, however, we hear from Christians who have been troubled by criticisms they've read about us (and others) on "attack websites." These sites often exude an air of legitimacy since they focus upon false religions, new age teachers and openly heretical doctrines. Yet, many of these sites also aggressively misrepresent and attack true Christians as well.

Who are their targets? The fact is, if you open an Internet search engine (such as Yahoo, Ask or Google), type in the name of a well-known Christian leader, and then add the words "false teacher" next to his or her name, as fast as you say, "Oh no!" you will likely find a number of sites that openly, and often viciously, attack that leader. Frankly, having had my life and teaching repeatedly misrepresented by these attack sites, I would not trust their opinion about any ministry.

As for us, when we hear from a disquieted believer, we usually direct them to our "Statement of Faith" page. Our beliefs square with the Association of Evangelical's statement of faith. (Since the Lausanne Covenant clearly communicates our doctrines, we actually use it to define our spiritual positions: Statement of Faith). We also adhere to the truths stated in the Apostles' Creed.

This is not to say we've never made a mistake or that all our peripheral doctrines are infallible; each of us in this ministry is still growing and learning. Yet when an attack site fails to list even one good thing about a ministry, you cannot help but believe their goal is not to discern, but to destroy.

Biblical Test of Faith
Yes, there are false teachers in the modern church. But let us remember that throughout history, true Christians have always been accused of heresy. Jesus Himself warned, "Beware when all men speak well of you" (see Luke 6:26). He also taught us to examine the fruit of a prophet. In other words, what kind of life does a ministry inspire in those who ascribe to its teaching?

Yet, beyond our statement of faith, the Bible itself provides a number of fundamental tests to authenticate the soundness of one's doctrines (see the book of 1 John, especially the verses that contain the phrase "by this"). Another important test comes from the apostle Paul. He writes,

"Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you - unless indeed you fail the test?" (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Paul takes all of Christianity and boils it down to one irreplaceable reality: "Jesus Christ is in you." You might be wrong about the timing of the rapture or off concerning spiritual gifts, but you still are a true Christian because you have accepted the living reality of Christ in you!

Do you see this? You are a Christian, not because you said a prayer at an altar, but because when you prayed the Spirit of Jesus Christ actually entered your life! When He promises, "I will never leave you nor forsake you," He means He is with you forever. The devil knows you are a Christian not because you carry a Bible, but because he actually sees Christ's presence burning within you.

It is Christ dwelling in us that produces fruit, works deliverance and manifests power through us. Our living union with Him makes us His temple; our connectedness to Him enlivens us as His body. In the swirl of religious deception in our world, Jesus reduces all we truly need to know about truth and error by focusing us upon Himself. He said, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life" (John 14:6). "Truth," Paul tells us, "is in Jesus" (see Ephesians 4). And when Jesus is in us, He transforms us.

Listen carefully my friends: many of these attack sites do not believe that Christ actually dwells within His people! Of those who accept Christ as dwelling within them, an additional number do not believe we can actually hear from the Lord Jesus! They will accuse you of heresy if you believe you can have a relationship with Jesus Christ! This is in spite of the fact that Jesus affirmed: "My sheep hear My voice" (John 10:27).

Consider also Paul's quest. His magnificent obsession was to know Christ, being conformed to His life and death (Philippians 3:10). Consider also the profound words Paul wrote to the Galatians:

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me" (Galatians 2:20).

Paul wrote, "Christ lives in me." The Son of God is not a mere doctrine, He is Emmanuel, "God with us." Eternal life comes from knowing God, and Jesus Christ whom God has sent (John 17:3).

So, when a number of these attack websites posture themselves as "keepers of the true faith," then reject the reality that Jesus Christ lives within His church, they reveal that it is they, in fact, who are walking in deception.

Truth
So, in an era of great confusion, we must see truth as a person: Jesus Christ. Everything we need to know about God, heaven, hell, salvation, sin and redemption is centered in Him. We must also apply our hearts in humility and focused faith to become like Him, even as John taught: "The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked" (1 John 2:6).

Eternal life does not come from having a religion about Christ, but from actually knowing Him (see John 17:3). He has purchased our forgiveness, our healing and our well-being. As our Redeemer, He works all things for our good. As our King, He grants us His authority and sends us as His ambassadors. He calls us His body, not just His people, underscoring His oneness with us, and also extending to us His sanctification and righteousness. We are His bride, wooed by His love to His side.

If anyone tries to convince you that Christ does not dwell within His people, remind them of His word: "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our abode with him" (John 14:23).

Beloved, truth springs from our oneness with Jesus Christ. The vision of those walking in truth is "Christ in you, the hope of glory" (Colossians 2:27). Warn those who deny the indwelling of Jesus Christ that the test of true faith is the reality that "Jesus Christ is in you" (2 Corinthians 13:5). Yes, remind them truth is a person, not merely a doctrine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Jun 2021, 7:27 pm

The Wounds of a Prayer Warrior

Intercessors live on the frontier of change. We are positioned to stand between the needs of man and the provision of God. Because we are the agents of redemption, Satan will always seek the means to offend, discourage, silence, or otherwise steal the strength of our prayers. The wounding we receive must be interpreted in light of God's promise to reverse the effects of evil and make them work for our good (Rom. 8:28). Since spiritual assaults are inevitable, we must discover how God uses our wounds as the means to greater power. This was exactly how Christ brought redemption to the world.

Jesus knew that maintaining love and forgiveness in the midst of suffering was the key that unlocked the power of redemption. Isaiah 53:11 tells us, "By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, as He will bear their iniquities."

Jesus possessed revelation knowledge into the mystery of God. He knew that the secret to unleashing world-transforming power was found at the cross, in suffering. At the cross, payment for sin was made. As Christ forgave His enemies, heaven's power rent the temple veil in two. Christ's stripes purchased our healing. I am not just talking about suffering, but the suffering of love.

The terrible offense of the cross became the place of redemption for the world. Yet, remember, Jesus calls us to a cross as well (Matt. 16:24). Wounding is simply an altar upon which our sacrifice to God is prepared.

Listen again to Isaiah's prophetic description of Jesus' life. His words at first seem startling, but as we read, we discover a most profound truth concerning the power of woundedness. He wrote, "But the Lord was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; if He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, and the good pleasure of the Lord will prosper in His hand" (Isa. 53:10).

How did the power of God's pleasure prosper in Christ's hand? During His times of crushing, woundedness and devastation, instead of retaliating, Jesus rendered Himself "as a guilt offering."

The crushing is not a disaster; it is an opportunity. You see, our purposeful love may or may not touch the sinner's heart, but it always touches the heart of God. We are crushed by people, but we need to allow the crushing to ascend as an offering to God. The greatest benefit of all is the effect our mercy has on the Father. If we truly want to be instruments of God's good pleasure, then it is redemption, not wrath, that must prosper in our hands. If we are Christ-followers, we must offer ourselves as an offering for the guilt of others.

The preceding message was adapted from Francis Frangipane’s book, The Power of One Christlike Life, available at Arrow Bookstore. It also is a principle chapter in pastor's online school, In Christ's Image Training. Next term begins July 2, 2021. More information below.

Registration closes June 24, 2021.
Extended through Monday, June 28, 2021.

Level I classes begin July 2, 2021.

In Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.

The course comes right to your home via email and audio messages and is designed to lift one's focus toward the actual presence of Jesus Christ. The full course not only includes 48 lessons and 39 audio messages (sample audio), but the discerning student will actually find the Lord using the weekly lessons to stage opportunities to deepen the truths found in the training.

For those with limited funds, the entire text is free by email. Just enroll in the Free Lesson Plan (new students only please).

Enrollment overview:

1) Go to www.icitc.org and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page, and Tuition page.

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, Thursday, June 24 extended through June 28.

4) Submit the registration form - Class begins July 2, 2021.

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jun 2021, 8:17 pm

Dear Friends,
We know these are difficult times, yet as followers of Christ we were born for times like these! When darkness covers the earth, that's our cue to rise and shine! (Isa. 60).
For each of you that has been praying about taking In Christ's Image Training, let me personally encourage you to step out in faith. You have family and friends to whom God is reaching. This is an important time, and your advancement into focused training will increase the spiritual "wattage" of God's presence in your life.
Thus, while registration was scheduled to end today, June 24, we are extending the date until June 28. If you have wanted to take In Christ's Image Training, now is the time to enroll.
Fulfilling your destiny is the reason you are alive. To serve you in this eternal goal we have several different enrollment plans to choose from. For more information or to register for this current term please visit our website at www.icitc.org.
Pastor Francis

[size=24]In Christ's Image Training[/size]
Registration closes June 24, 2021.
Extended through Monday, June 28, 2021.
Level I classes begin July 2, 2021.
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ficit_termlogo_150In Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.
Enrollment overview:
1) Go to www.icitc.org and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page, and Tuition page.

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, Thursday, June 24 extended through June 28.

4) Submit the registration form - Class begins July 2, 2021.

For more info, please see www.icitc.org.
Training also available in Spanish / Español
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share
www.frangipane.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Jun 2021, 9:27 pm

Weapons of Mass Distraction
The glory of God is coming but we must live in His presence now if we expect to walk in His glory later. And it is this very thing -- this entering God’s presence now -- that Satan fights the most.
Yet the nature of our battle is not easily discerned. The enemy does not typically appear with fierce countenance, threatening us with retaliation if we begin to seek God. No, Satan’s attack is more subtle. He whispers his crafty manipulations, stealing our time and draining us of spiritual passions. He even manipulates the good things of God's blessings to keep us from the best gift of all: God’s presence.
The devil has a willing accomplice in our fleshly nature. Recall Solomon’s astute observation: "Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices" (Eccl. 7:29). Our "many devices,” gadgets, and technologies, for all the convenience they supposedly provide, are not much more than “mind candy.” They fritter away our time and energy.
As our world experiences increased trauma and shaking, it will be evident: there is no substitute for the presence of God. Yet instead of having hearts full of God, or at least hearts that are seeking God, our hearts are weighed down, bloated with worldliness and addicted to pleasure. We are saddened if we have nothing to entertain us.
God is judging this excessive focus on materialism. When God is done, we will be much leaner, spiritually speaking. We will be ready for the days ahead.
The Unappreciated Gift
"Be on guard, so that your hearts will not be weighted down with dissipation and drunkenness and the worries of life, and that day will not come on you suddenly like a trap; for it will come upon all those who dwell on the face of all the earth" (Luke 21:34-35).

What is the most valuable yet most unappreciated gift men receive from God? It is not money. It is not even food and housing. The gift we most fail to appreciate is time. Beloved, it is wisdom to number our days (Ps. 90), for we only have a certain allotment of time to fulfill our calling. Yet too many of us are squandering our days with meaningless distractions. Yes, all things are lawful, but not all things are profitable (1 Cor. 6:12).
Let me assure you, most of the things of our world are not evil in themselves, especially when dedicated to God and used in moderation. We need points of relief and times of recreation. My concern is that we not become out of balance. For what we call moderation, to the rest of the world is excess. My concern is that the things of this age not crowd out our time with God.
A Land of Idols
The issue for us is not about things, but discerning those things that keep us from God. The pleasures of this world can become intoxicating, numbing our discernment and our capacity to see clearly. Yet if we are truly seeking the Lord, setting apart time each day for Him, then our hold on life will be clear-minded.

Let us beware. Like the ancient Babylonians, ours is a "land of images, and [we] are mad over idols" (Jer. 50:38 Amplified). We worry about weapons of mass destruction in our world, but Satan also has weapons of mass distraction. Idolatry is so familiar to us, we think it not strange that our sports, music and movie stars are called "idols."
In the midst of a world of distractions, the Lord wants us to walk with a single mind toward His glory. Can we do it? Yes, but we may need to rid ourselves of the control our modern media and devices have over our will. Let us fast from entertainment for a month and use that time to seek God. If that is too long, deny it entrance to your mind for a week. The degree of difficulty in turning them off is the measure of our bondage to them. If we cannot let them go, it because such things hold us captive.
Let us make our portion in life the presence of God. Let us not be mastered by the issues, fears or distractions of our times. Rather, let us break the power of Satan’s weapons of mass distraction. Let us return full-hearted to God.
~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's In Christ's Image Training course - www.icitc.org.

Online course begins July 2, 2021

Registration closes June 24, 2021
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ficit_termlogo_150In Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.
Enrollment overview:
1) Go to www.icitc.org and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page and Tuition page.

3) Next, complete and submit the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, Thursday, June 24.

4) Class begins July 2, 2021.
Use our Mobile-friendly / Printer-friendly version to forward or print this message.
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share.jpg&t=1624134209&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c21-f50001011c00&sig=C1J

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise stated, all Scripture quotations were taken from the NASB.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Jun 2021, 9:47 pm

The Stronghold of Christ's Likeness
God's Highest Purpose
Most Christians only engage in spiritual warfare with a hope of either relieving present distresses or attaining a "normal" existence. However, the purpose of all aspects of spirituality, warfare included, is to bring us into the image of Christ. Nothing -- not worship or warfare, neither love nor deliverance -- is truly attainable if we miss the singular objective of our faith: Christlikeness.

Let us recall that when the Lord delivered the ancient Hebrews out of Egypt it was so He could bring them into the Promised Land. Likewise, we are delivered out of sin, not that we might live for ourselves, but so we might come into Christlikeness. What we call "salvation" is the first phase of being conformed to Christ. If we fail to see this we easily become entangled in the same sins that oppressed us in the first place.

While we may not want to hear this, many of our spiritual conflicts simply are not going to cease until the character of the Lord Jesus is formed in our hearts. The Father's goal in delivering us is much more than simply seeing our burdens taken off our backs. Indeed, God is working all things in our lives to conform us "to the image of His Son." The Father's purpose in our salvation is that Jesus would become "the first-born among many brethren" (Rom. 8:29). In other words, to realize God's ultimate victory we must reach toward God's ultimate goal, which is complete transformation into the likeness of Christ.
When we are born again, the actual presence of the Lord Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, enters our lives. To the degree that we cooperate with God's will, God's glory will advance within us. Indeed, Jesus likened our salvation to the lighting of a lamp. He said, "If therefore your whole body is full of light, with no dark part in it, it will be wholly illumined, as when the lamp illumines you with its rays" (Luke 11:36).
This immediacy of the Lord's presence produces an indestructible defense, a fortress within us in which we are hidden from evil. Through Him, we enter the excellence of His ways in our relationships both with the Father and one another, thereby walking in immunity from countless satanic attacks. Indeed, as His fullness within us increases, then that which is written is fulfilled: "As He is, so also are we in this world" and "He who was born of God keeps [us], and the evil one does not touch [us]" (1 John 4:17; 5:18).
We must realize that it is not Satan who defeats us; it is our openness to him. To perfectly subdue the devil we must walk in the "shelter of the Most High" (Ps. 91:1). Satan is tolerated for one purpose: the warfare between the devil and God's saints thrusts us into Christlikeness, where the nature of Christ becomes our only place of rest and security. God allows warfare to facilitate His eternal plan, which is to make man in His image (Gen. 1:26).

Once we realize that the Father's goal is not just to save us but to transform us, we will continually find that God has one answer to all our spiritual problems: appropriate the nature of His Son!

Are you troubled by demons of fear or doubt? Submit those areas to God, repenting of your unbelief, and then yield yourself to Christ's faith within you. Are you troubled with spirits of lust and shame? Present those very areas of sin to God, repenting of your old nature, drawing upon the forgiveness of Christ and His purity of heart. It is a great truth that once the devil recognizes his assault against you has not pulled you from God but driven you toward Him -- once he perceives that his temptations are actually forcing you to appropriate the virtue of Christ -- the enemy will withdraw.
Remember: your victory begins with the name of Jesus on your lips, but it will not be consummated until the nature of Jesus is in your heart.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's In Christ's Image Training course - www.icitc.org.

Online course begins July 2, 2021

Registration closes June 24, 2021
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ficit_termlogo_150In Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.
Enrollment overview:
1) Go to www.icitc.org and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page and Tuition page.

3) Next, complete and submit the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, Thursday, June 24.

4) Class begins July 2, 2021.
Use our Mobile-friendly / Printer-friendly version to forward or print this message.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Jun 2021, 10:10 pm

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Fffheader600x120.jpg&t=1622844535&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c80-5b0019013200&sig=9I3V9uiebFITn19

Where a Desolate Soul Finds God
In spite of breakthroughs in several regions, many Christians have grown weary. Their love is growing cold; their passions, lukewarm. The prophet Daniel warned of a time when the enemy would "…wear down the saints of the Highest One” (Dan. 7:25). To emerge victorious in this day, we must climb into the reality given to us by God in Psalm 91. There is a place of replenishing life, a fountain of light, wherein we can abide. The Bible calls this place the shelter of the Most High.
Elijah: A Man Like Us
Elijah was a man with passions like ours, and he fought in a spiritual war similar to ours. In his battle for the soul of Israel, he stood against the wiles of Jezebel and her husband, King Ahab. Yet his most intense battle was not against visible foes but against personal discouragement.

As bold as Elijah was, he lived as a fugitive moving in and out of caves and places of hiding. Jezebel had murdered nearly all of the Lord's prophets, replacing their godly influence with the dark, satanic oppression accompanying the priests of Baal and the Asherah. A new initiative, however, had come from the Lord: Both Elijah and the prophets of Baal were to build altars, each to the deity they each served. The God who answered with fire would be acknowledged as Lord over the nation.
King Ahab and all Israel came to the confrontation. Try as they may, the priests of Baal could draw no response from their demonic idol, Baal. In dramatic contrast, at Elijah's prayer, fire immediately fell from heaven and consumed his sacrifice. This was Elijah's greatest victory. And when the Israelites saw the display of God's power, they bowed to the ground saying, "The Lord, He is God; the Lord, He is God" (1 Kings 18:39).
But the Lord was not finished. After Elijah had the priests of Baal executed, he went to the top of Mount Carmel and, kneeling face down, he prayed seven times for rain until the Lord brought a great downpour that ended a devastating three-year drought. On this one day, both fire and rain miraculously fell from heaven!

Perhaps if this tremendous day had occurred at any other time in Israel's history, the nation would have repented, but it did not. Baal worship should have ended, but it continued. In fact, nothing changed. Instead of the revival that Elijah envisioned, the opposite occurred: an enraged Jezebel vowed to kill the Lord's prophet, spurring Elijah to flee into the wilderness. There Elijah collapsed, exhausted and despondent, beneath a juniper tree. "It is enough; now O Lord," the weary prophet prayed, "take my life, for I am not better than my fathers" (1 Kings 19:4).

Elijah had offered the Lord his very best effort. This day had been the culminating event of his life. Elijah had prayed that Israel would know the Lord was their God and that, in response, the Lord would turn Israel's "heart back again" (1 Kings 18:37). Yet, like the prophets before him, Elijah could not trigger revival for Israel.
Discouragement overwhelmed him. He had had enough.
Have you been to the point of spiritual or emotional exhaustion where you too have said, "It is enough"? Perhaps you were frustrated by your own inability to effect positive change in your family; or, you've fasted and prayed for your church or society but no visible change occurred. You gave your all but found little success. Disheartened and weary like Elijah, all your resources were spent.
Elijah lay down and slept. As he did, an angel touched him and said, "Arise, eat" (1 Kings 19:5). At his head were bread and water. Elijah, weary with life itself, ate and withdrew back into sleep.
Once more the angel touched him. "Arise," he said. "Eat, because the journey is too great for you" (v. 7). For all our visions, plans, and programs, the journey before each of us is also "too great." Indeed our journey will always, at various points, be too great for us. For life is so constructed to drive us closer to God.
Back to Our Foundations
“So [Elijah] arose and ate and drank, and went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb, the mountain of God” (1 Kings 19:8).

The Lord gave Elijah strength, not to send him back to battle but to bring him back to basics. If we become more consumed with our task than we are with our love for God, our lives will eventually become brittle and desolate. To restore our souls, the Lord brings us back to the essentials of our faith. Indeed, He might even stop our labors completely and direct us to the simpler realities of prayer, time in the Word, and worship. He reminds us that, of all He calls us to accomplish, His greatest commandment is to love Him with “all our heart" (Mark 12:30). Without this focus, we lose touch with God's presence; we are outside the shelter of the Most High.

The Lord brought Elijah to "Horeb, the mountain of God." In Hebrew, Horeb means "desolation." The barren environment mirrored Elijah's soul. Yet to God, Horeb was actually a place where the issues of a man's heart were flushed to the surface. There is no theater at Horeb, no acting. It is the place of unembellished honesty and core-to-surface transparency.

How Did You Get Here?
Perhaps Elijah's greatest virtue was his zeal. Indeed, twice in his communication with God, Elijah speaks of having been "very zealous" for the Lord. But zeal unattended by wisdom eventually becomes its own god. It compels us toward expectations that are unrealistic and outside the timing and anointing of God.

To remain balanced, zeal must be reined in and harnessed by strategic encounters with the living God. Otherwise we become frustrated with people and discouraged with delays. We step outside our place of strength and spiritual protection.
Elijah had come to Horeb and lodged there in a cave. Soon the Word of the Lord came to him: "What are you doing here, Elijah?" (v. 9). This is one of the most important questions God will ever ask us. His question probes the reality of our spiritual state: "How did your service to Me become dry and desolate?" God wants us to know that when we fail to esteem Him as our first love, we will always find a desert awaiting us.
Our primary purpose in life must be to abide in Christ. Otherwise we can become so consumed with the deteriorating condition of the world that we fail to see the deteriorating condition of our own soul. In His love, the Lord stops us and forces us to look honestly at our heart: Is this existence that I now live the abundant life promised me from Christ?
Let's speak candidly. We have nothing to prove and no need to pretend. We can abandon the internal mechanisms of defensiveness and pride. If we are disappointed, we are free to express it; if frustrated, we can admit it. We must simply and truthfully evaluate, without rationalization, our true spiritual condition.

Transparency is the outer garment of humility; and, humility draws the grace of God to our hearts. Is not intimacy with God the very thing we most neglect? And is not the Lord alone our source of strength in battle? If the enemy can distract us from our time alone with God, he will isolate us from the help that comes from God alone.

Let us approach the living God without any garment, but with transparency.
A Fresh Anointing
As the pressures of this age escalate, we will soon discover that yesterday's anointing will not suffice for today's battles. The Lord brought a new beginning to Elijah's life at Horeb---one that would ultimately release a "double portion" of power to Elijah's successor, Elisha. Under this new anointing, Jezebel would be destroyed, Baal worship abolished, and the only period of revival the northern tribes ever experienced would begin.

To reach a similar place of breakthrough, it will take more than the momentum of our own zeal. We should not be surprised if God calls us to pass through our own Horeb.

How will we recognize this place? Horeb is the voice of personal desolation; it is the desperate compelling of our heart to possess more of God. We must now listen carefully to the voice of God. For it is at Horeb that He brings us deeper into Himself. It is here, under the canopy of His compassion, that we discover the purpose of our brokenness: our desolation is in fact a time of preparation.

The Lord is about to bring a new beginning to you. When you return to the battle, you shall war from the shelter of the Most High.
Lord Jesus, apart from You, my life is dry and desolate. Forgive me for trying to do Your will without abiding in Your presence. I desperately need You, Lord. This day, I commit my heart to return to my first love. Teach me, Lord, to consider intimacy with You the greatest measure of my success. Let me see Your glory; reveal to me Your goodness. Guide me, Oh Holy Spirit, into the spiritual fortress of the presence of God. Amen.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, The Shelter of the Most High, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.
Save up to 47%
Limited time offer
The Shelter of the Most High
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fbook_shelter_large_100x150Is there a spiritual place, a shelter, where God actually keeps us, "and the evil one does not touch" us (1 John 5:18)? Yes, there is a place in the heart of God where we can find immunity and protection, where we are literally surrounded by the Lord's presence. Once we enter this place, nothing can defeat us. Twenty-one profound chapters, each highlighting a different dimension of our Father's love and protection, each well able to escort you into the warmth and safety of the shelter of the Most High.
Book $9.10 (Retail $13.00)
Ebook $6.89 (Retail $13.00)
Audio Companion Teaching

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fcd_shelterofthemosthigh_109x150Message titles:
Healing in Horeb  |  Opportunity in the Secret Place
The Lord Indeed is Good  |  Perpetual Rescue
Significant to God |  Abiding in God's Love  | 
Check Your Attitude  |  Immunized from Assault
New Every Morning  |  Greater Immunity
A Thought Concerning Criticism  |  Christ in You
Identified with Heaven

CD Series - $22.75 (Retail $35.00)
Audio Series MP3 Download - $11.38 (Retail $17.50)

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share.jpg&t=1622844535&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c80-5b0019013200&sig=u0SC78dVp3_qt  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share.jpg&t=1622844535&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c80-5b0019013200&sig=lV7rS

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 29 May 2021, 9:40 pm

Seeing Him Who Is Unseen

There are times when, to lead us on into new authority and blessings, God must liberate us from the container of our previous experiences. Consider Elijah's encounter with the Most High on Mt Horeb. Three natural signs occurred. But the Lord was not in the wind, the earthquake or the fire -- all of which were familiar symbols to Elijah. The Lord who caused these mighty manifestations was not in them.

For Elijah, mighty manifestations had been signs of God's approval. But something new was at hand that required a fresh submission to the living God. A double portion of power was coming! The distinguishing characteristic of this new anointing would not only be seen in supernatural manifestations, but also in greater wisdom and compassion.

Earthquakes, fires, and storms -- the signs that accompanied Elijah -- are the signs of our times as well. But to receive the double portion, we must learn to recognize God's nearness when there are no "earthquakes" or "storms" to capture our attention. The Lord demands we enter a more refined relationship with Him, one that is based on His love and the whisper of His voice, not merely on spiritual phenomena or natural disasters.

After the last sign, there came "…a gentle blowing" (1 Kings 19:12). The King James Version says, "a still small voice." In holy silence the presence of God was returning; in the center of the silence was the whisper of God's voice. Elijah "wrapped his face in his mantle" (v. 13). Perhaps it was near this very site that Moses, five hundred years earlier, hid when the Lord passed by. Now it was Elijah's turn.

We too must learn to hear the voice of Him who rarely speaks audibly and observe the actions of Him who is otherwise invisible. Elijah would gain the courage to endure Jezebel's wrath the same way Moses faced the rage of Pharaoh: "He endured, as seeing Him who is unseen" (Heb. 11:27). We must learn to detect, without great signs, the still small voice of God.

The Lord will not fight for our attention; He must be sought. He will not startle us; He must be perceived. It took no special skill to "discern" the earthquake, the fire or the great storm. But to sense the holy quiet of God, our other activities must cease. In our world of great pressures and continual distractions, the attention of our hearts must rise to the invisible world of God's Spirit. We must learn to see Him who is unseen and hear Him who is rarely audible.

Oh Master, how easily I fall into dead religious habits and spiritual dullness. Lord, I long to know Your ways, to have eyes that really see and ears that clearly hear. Teach me, Lord Jesus, the intimacies of God. Remove the mystery surrounding Yourself that I might truly know You. Forgive me for looking for signs instead of listening for Your voice. Oh God, how I long to abide in Your glory. Restore to Your church the double portion You have promised, and guide us into the fullness of Your love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, The Shelter of the Most High, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.

Save up to 47%
Limited time offer

Is there a spiritual place, a shelter, where God actually keeps us, "and the evil one does not touch" us (1 John 5:18)? Yes, there is a place in the heart of God where we can find immunity and protection, where we are literally surrounded by the Lord's presence. Once we enter this place, nothing can defeat us. Twenty-one profound chapters, each highlighting a different dimension of our Father's love and protection, each well able to escort you into the warmth and safety of the shelter of the Most High.

Book $9.10 (Retail $13.00)
Ebook $6.89 (Retail $13.00)

Audio Companion Teaching

Message titles:
Healing in Horeb  |  Opportunity in the Secret Place
The Lord Indeed is Good  |  Perpetual Rescue
Significant to God |  Abiding in God's Love  | 
Check Your Attitude  |  Immunized from Assault
New Every Morning  |  Greater Immunity
A Thought Concerning Criticism  |  Christ in You
Identified with Heaven

CD Series - $22.75 (Retail $35.00)
Audio Series MP3 Download - $11.38 (Retail $17.50)

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 May 2021, 10:45 pm

Holiness Precedes Power

Many Christians look for shortcuts to the power of God. To try shortcuts is to become, at best, frustrated; at worst, a false teacher or prophet. Listen very carefully: there is tremendous power for us in God but not without holiness. Holiness precedes power.

When John Saw Jesus

Then Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan coming to John, to be baptized by him. But John tried to prevent Him, saying, "I have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?" But Jesus answering said to him, "Permit it at this time; for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness." Then he permitted Him. After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased."        —Matthew 3:13–17

Let us understand this prophet, John the Baptist. According to the Scriptures, John was filled with the Holy Spirit "while yet in his mother's womb" (Luke 1:15). We are also told his coming was in the spirit and power of Elijah. Historians tell us that John's penetrating, uncompromising ministry led nearly one million people to repentance. Vast multitudes left their cities and towns and went into the wilderness to hear the prophet and be baptized into repentance in preparation for the kingdom of God.

Only Jesus knew the fallen condition of the human heart more perfectly than John. No class of people escaped the Baptist's judgment: soldiers and kings, sinners and religious leaders alike were all brought into the "valley of decision." John's baptism was more than a simple immersion in water. He required a public confession of sins as well as the bringing forth of righteousness (Matt. 3:6, 8).

Jesus testified that John was "more than a prophet." He said, among those born of women, "there has not arisen anyone greater than John" (Matt. 11:9–11). John was a "seer prophet," which meant he had open vision into the spirit realm. He testified that "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven" (John 1:32). He saw "the wrath to come" (Matt. 3:7). He witnessed "the kingdom of heaven" (v. 2). John had insight into the secrets of men's hearts. His vision penetrated the veneer of the well-respected Pharisees; within their souls he saw a "brood of vipers." Understand this about prophets: they are aware of things that are hidden from other men.

But when Jesus came to be baptized, before the heavens opened and the Holy Spirit descended, John saw something that was overwhelming even to his standard of righteousness. He gazed Jesus' heart, and he saw no sins, no lies, no lusts. John saw a level of holiness that, without knowing he was gazing at the Messiah, caused him to utter with astonishment, "I have need to be baptized by You" (v. 14).

Jesus, as the "Lamb of God" (John 1:36), was without spot or blemish. This is exactly what the prophet beheld in Jesus: spotless purity of heart. Christ's virtue took John's breath away! The powerful emanation of Christ's inner purity made John immediately aware of his own need. When John saw Jesus, he discovered a level of righteousness that was higher, purer than his own. This great prophet looked into the heart of Jesus, and in the brightness of Christ's holiness he cried, "I have need."

And so it is with us. Each time we see Jesus, each successive revelation of Christ's purity makes our need more apparent. As Christ's holiness unfolds before us, we cannot but echo the same cry of John the Baptist: "I have need to be baptized by You!"

Yet, in the beginning of our walk, we embraced life in our own strength, trusting in our own skills for success and attainment. Yes, we turned to God, but mainly in times of grief or trial. However, as the Lord brings us into maturity, what we once considered strengths are actually discovered to be weaknesses. Our pride and self-confidence keep us from God's help; the clamor of our many ideas and desires drown the whisper of the still small voice of God. Indeed, in God's eyes, the best of human successes are still "wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked" (Rev. 3:17).

In time, we discover that all true strength, all true effectiveness—yes, our very holiness itself—begins with discovering our need. We grow weaker, less confident in our abilities. As the outer shell of self-righteousness crumbles, Jesus Himself becomes God's answer to every man who cries for holiness and power in his walk.

We may think we have spiritual gifts, we may presume we are holy, we may rejoice with human successes, but until we see Christ and abandon our reliance upon our self-righteousness, all we will ever have, at best, is religion.

Oh, let us grasp this truth with both hands; let it never slip from us. Jesus Himself is our source of holiness! We are so eager to do something for Him—anything, as long as we do not have to change inside. God does not need what we can do; He wants what we are. He wants to make us a holy people. Let us not be anxious in this process. Allow Him to do the deep inner work of preparation. Jesus lived thirty years of sinless purity before He did one work of power! His goal was not to do some great work but to please the Father with a holy life.

Hear me; our goal, likewise, is not to become powerful but to become holy with Christ's presence. God promises to empower that which He first makes holy. Do you want your Christianity to work? Then seek Jesus Himself as your source and standard of holiness. Do you want to see the power of God in your life? Then seek to know Christ's purity of heart. If we are becoming the people Jesus calls His own, we should be growing in holiness. A mature Christian will be both holy and powerful, but holiness will precede power.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.

Save up to 35%
Limited time offer

Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God

This is the first book ever written by Pastor Francis. It came after three years of studying and repeatedly reading the Gospels. The truths in this book have stirred men to revivals. It is a penetrating study of the human heart and how God prepares it for His glory.

Book $8.40 (Retail $12.00)
Ebook $8.40 (Retail $12.00)

Knowing God - Audio or Video

Our faith is defined by a relationship with God that is personal, real and exciting. Francis Frangipane explains how to improve your intimacy with God in this four part series entitled, Knowing God.

Message titles:
A Real Relationship   |   Live in God's Presence
Yes and Amen   |   People of Faith

CD album - $15.00
DVD Album - $22.50

Order both and save!

Holiness Truth and the Presence of God - book
and
Knowing God - audio
$22.45 (Retail - $32.00)

Holiness Truth and the Presence of God - book
and
Knowing God - video
$29.45 (Retail - $42.00)

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 May 2021, 11:42 pm

The Ministries of Francis Frangipane

Hastened in Its Time

There isn't one church leader I know who does not believe we are living in the end times. Exactly where we are along heaven's prophetic time line is debatable, yet everyone has his or her own catalog of confirming end-time signs. If it is true that we have, perhaps, less than a generation before the end of the age, we should expect is to see a divine hastening of spiritual realities.

Indeed, this ministry often quotes Isaiah 60:1-3 concerning the manifestation of the Lord's glory in the end-time church. Yet Isaiah's revelation concludes with this added encouragement: "I, the Lord, will hasten it in its time" (v. 22). Let's personalize this hastening: our maturing and transformation will be accelerated in the days ahead!

Consider also Paul's word: "For the Lord will execute His word upon the earth, thoroughly and quickly" (Rom. 9:28). There is no reason the Lord cannot do things quicker should He choose to: He created the universe in six days! I love that the end times are not just about God moving quickly but also about Him accomplishing a deep and thorough work in us. Indeed, if we want the quick, we must focus on the thorough. Yet His promise is for both a quick and thorough work!

"Who has heard such a thing? Who has seen such things? Can a land be born in one day? Can a nation be brought forth all at once? As soon as Zion travailed, she also brought forth her sons" (Isa. 66:8).

I know many are wearied with battles and delays, yet the Lord says a time is approaching when there shall no longer be any delays: "As soon as Zion travailed, she . . . brought forth her sons." Prayer warriors, this is why we must prevail in prayer!

In the Fullness of Time
As most of us are already aware, the Greek translation of the Bible used two words to describe the concept of time. Chronos referred to chronological time, while kairos was usually translated "fullness of time." Kairos times are those unique, spiritually heightened bursts of spiritual fulfillment that exist between dispensations and epochs.

During kairos seasons the Spirit of God invades the fabric of life itself: everything accelerates and changes as reality is redirected by the unalterable will of God. Noah lived in a kairos time. Moses led Israel out of Egypt during a kairos time. Jesus came "in the fullness of the time" (Gal. 4:4), and the world marks its calendars from the birth of God's Son.

It is also amazing to me that, during the first century kairos, Jesus was able to take common, nonreligious men and, in just three and a half years, transform them into powerful apostles. These men healed the sick, raised the dead, had deep spiritual substance and wrote the very Scriptures, which were inspired by God Himself. How did they grow so fast? They were alive during a kairos time. The Lord hastened their growth "in its time."

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, This Day We Fight!, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 May 2021, 8:50 pm

Is the United States in the Bible?
What is in God’s heart for America? Is there anything in the Scriptures about the United States upon which our faith can rest? The Bible has a number of general promises that we can apply to our land. These, though they lack clear or specific references to the United States, still supply a foundation for our faith. Isaiah 60:1-3 is such a text. It reads:

"Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth and deep darkness the peoples; but the Lord will rise upon you and His glory will appear upon you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising."

Think of it! Nations and kings will come to the glory of Christ! Regardless of where on earth you currently live or how dark the world is around you, this text is a living promise to all who pray for their nation!
Personally, I have stood upon this word often, especially in the face of America’s spiritual darkness. Isaiah’s promise assures us that if God’s glory rises and is seen upon us, even in the midst of deep darkness over the people, nations will come to our light.
But, you say, America is too rebellious, too unrestrained. The Second Psalm gives us encouragement to persevere in prayer, especially when it seems governments are casting away the cords and fetters of godly, moral restraint (see Psalm 2:3). In the face of the world’s rebellion, the Lord says, "Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, and the very ends of the earth as Your possession" (Ps. 2:8).
There are many other Scriptures that call us to pray and believe for a national awakening (Isa. 52:15; Ps. 67:4; etc.). But I want to submit a text to you that may, indeed, specifically refer to God’s plan for America in the days ahead.

The Eagle’s Wings
The Scriptures speak of a time at the end of the age when great persecution will break out. In the midst of this persecution, we read an arresting message in Revelation 12:14. It says:

"But the two wings of the great eagle were given to the woman, so that she could fly into the wilderness to her place, where she was nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent."

The book of Revelation is, by definition, a book of revelations. Its symbolic portraits must be interpreted not only in historic terms but also in light of end-time realities. Frankly, no one has accurately been able to interpret this book to the satisfaction of everyone else. It would be a sin of presumption on my part to assume I am the first to present an infallible interpretation. Even as we seek humility, let us cautiously proceed, relying on God and time itself to confirm His Word. In that attitude, let me submit to you my thoughts.

The Scripture speaks of "two wings of the great eagle" being given to the woman. I believe that the woman is a symbol of the praying church, both Jew and Gentile, both united and pregnant to give birth to God’s end-time elect. (See Matthew Henry’s Commentary on Revelation 12:1-11.) Let’s consider the phrase "two wings of the great eagle." Why would the Holy Spirit find it necessary to calculate that two wings were given? How many wings does an eagle need? Is it possible that two wings symbolize the two political parties of the Great Eagle, the United States - that both wings would support a refugee plan to bring the Christian community into the nation, to a place prepared for them?
Before we dismiss this idea, let me add that when Roman emperor Constantine converted to Christianity, many in the early church took comfort that he would be their deliverer. The fact that the symbol of Rome was the great eagle only added to the confidence felt in the early church that he was to be a source of protection.
I submit to you that this reference to the "great eagle" could possibly be prophetic portrait of the United States of America. In fact, in the history of the world there has never been a nation more committed to being a refuge for persecuted people than the United States. And when we consider that the national symbol of the U.S. is the "great eagle," the symbolism becomes even more plausible.
Indeed, many of those who originally came to America were Christians fleeing persecution for their faith. In a real way, this Scripture has already been fulfilled by many of our founding fathers. The persecution our forefathers suffered was sown, like a seed, into the DNA of American culture.
Roughly 20 years ago I began a series of audio messages concerning America. That series became a book that we called America at the Threshold of Destiny. It was received with joy by a small cadre of prayer warriors. However, our culture was facing many fears concerning Y2K. Then 9-11 came, and frankly, I was flying into a headwind. Not many people were overly optimistic in the years after 9-11. However today a new wind is blowing and its at our backs. Right now, to some, it may not look any bigger than a cloud the size of a man's hand, but if we keep our eyes on the Lord, a new wind of the Spirit is starting to rise. Even though America hasn't improved morally since the 1990s, our direction has changed. God is raising up a prayer army and I believe our prayers are touching the heart of God.
Save up to 30%
Limited time offer
The Days of His Presence

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fbook-days-of-his-presence-lg_98x150While we should be mindful of end-time events, we must not become fearful of them. Indeed, to become overly focused upon the signs of the end can be a distraction. Signs point to something bigger than themselves. Rising before us is a glorious sunrise. Let us not become so absorbed with the movement of fleeing shadows that we miss the awe of the One who is dawning upon us. Many have written about the shadows; this book is primarily about the increasing light.
Book - $9.10 (Retail $13.00)

resources by 
[size=16]Pastor Francis
[/size]
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 May 2021, 10:27 pm

Cease Striving and Know

It is time to abandon our fears and the stressful anxieties that come from not trusting in God.

One title for the Messiah is Immanuel, which means, "God with us." Jesus promised to be with us, "even to the end of the age" (Matt. 28:20). At some point we must accept the wonder and power of Christ's promise. He is with us always! To mistrust this promise is to reject the very character of the divine nature. It is serious sin.

In the Psalms, the Lord gives us a promise for the day in which we find ourselves. He says,

"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" (Ps. 46:10).

No matter what things look like now, God has decreed that He will be exalted in the earth. Not Satan, but God; not evil, but good. Hell may have its moment, but God will win the day.

All our lives we are taught to judge by what our eyes see and our ears hear. To do so is perfectly rational. The only problem is that when our decisions are based only upon our senses, we lose the perspective and wisdom of God. The living God not only sees the end from the beginning; in a heartbeat He can change the world we see into something that is full of redemption and grace.

God’s Word tells us to focus on "whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things" (Phil. 4:8).

You see, fear is a magnifying lens that exaggerates whatever it looks at. The devil is a master illusionist who uses fear to take our eyes off the Lord. The result is that our stress level increases, and anxiety brings death into our world. Indeed, the more we talk about what's wrong, the less we see what is right and good in our world.

Again, the Word tells us, "In repentance and rest you will be saved. In quietness and trust is your strength" (Isa. 30:15).

Be quiet. Wait upon the Lord and compose your soul. Don't let your unbelieving words deplete your spirit; for the more you talk, the more peace you lose. Keep your soul focused upon Christ, the Lord. Those who believe enter His rest, and from the place of rest, we can hear His voice.

If you know who God truly is, anxiety will fade into trust. Therefore, cease worrying! God cares for you. Those who trust Him have peace that surpasses all understanding. Talk to the Lord and then quietly listen. As you do, your spirit will soar, and your heart expand and ascend into His presence.

It has been truly said, "Fear is the darkroom where Satan develops our negatives." Therefore, renounce fear. Divorce anxiety. Beloved, the Lord is good. Trust Him with your battle. Yes, it's time to cease striving and know that He is God.

Save up to 30%
Limited time offer

The Days of His Presence

While we should be mindful of end-time events, we must not become fearful of them. Indeed, to become overly focused upon the signs of the end can be a distraction. Signs point to something bigger than themselves. Rising before us is a glorious sunrise. Let us not become so absorbed with the movement of fleeing shadows that we miss the awe of the One who is dawning upon us. Many have written about the shadows; this book is primarily about the increasing light.

Book - $9.10 (Retail $13.00)

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Apr 2021, 6:15 pm

"You Give Them Something to Eat"
In a dream, I saw a city that was overcome by darkness. It was a darkness that could be felt. The name of the darkness was Desolation, and its arms were Hopelessness and Fear. The darkness made people feel like there was no help for them, like the time was past for any type of spiritual awakening. A small band of us stood outside the city. We had been baptized in the glory of God. This glorious light, which was resident within us, was now visible and flowing out from our inner being. The surge of light drove out the darkness. Multitudes were save as they received the light.
From the beginning of my relationship with Christ, the vision of His manifest glory inspired great hope in me, especially as the Word of God from Isaiah 60:1-3 confirmed the vision. Yet there was one more witness to come. I turned to my next reading, which was from Matthew, chapter 14, and the feeding of loaves and fish to the 5000. Verse 15 reads, "The disciples came to Him and said, ‘This place is desolate and the time is already past; so send the multitudes away.'"
As I read, I noticed similarities between the night vision of the multitudes coming out of darkness and this scene from the Gospels. Both depicted a place and time of desolation. Since apparently the "time was already past," the logical remedy was to "send the multitudes away."
Of course, not even the most imaginative Christian would ever reference Matthew 14:13-21 with Isaiah 60:1-3. Yet the Lord was speaking something that has affected me for the rest of my life. The Lord answered:
       "They do not need to go away; you give them something to eat!"
       They said to Him, "We have here only five loaves and two fish."
       And He said, "Bring them here to Me."

The result was that He took the loaves and fish, blessed them, and as He broke the loaves, He gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave the bread and fish to the multitudes (vv. 16-19). Jesus had taken bread, blessed it, and then broken it. Again I paused, but this time it was because of a peculiarity concerning my last name: in Italian, Frangipane actually means "to break bread."

I felt I was in a God moment and I definitely needed to share what was happening to me to my wife. I told her about the night vision and how I experienced the manifestation of the Lord’s glory. With excitement I shared the scripture in Isaiah 60 that confirmed the vision. I then told her about the feeding of the five thousand. I mentioned how I felt that during the time of the end, when the world would seem utterly desolate and hopelessly lost -- even as disciples would argue to send the multitudes away -- the Lord would use us like He used the loaves to feed the multitudes.

Then, in an effort to underscore the significance of this moment, I explained to her that my last name, Frangipane, which was now her last name too, actually meant "to break bread." It was at that point my wife told me the meaning of her maiden name, Piscitelli. Incredibly, her name meant "little fishes."
Little Is Much With Jesus
Between the vision, the text in Isaiah, and the meaning of our names, I am convinced that a period of great glory and harvest awaits the church. I am not saying this harvest and glory will appear instead of the rapture or after the tribulation. I'm saying that between now and whatever you believe concerning the Second Coming of Christ, there will be a time of glory and harvest.

Thus, when Christians complain the harvest "is already past," or that society has become too "desolate," it would be an error to say we must "send the multitudes away." The Lord has made it plain: it will not be too late or desolate for Him.

The Lord has proven many times that as Christians we do not need to stockpile resources before we attempt the "impossible." As long as we remain blessed and broken in the hands of the Master, our few loaves and fish are enough. What we have learned is that Jesus does not need a lot to work His miracles; He just requires all we have.

Yes, the hour is late; true, our cities are desolate and in darkness. Yet the vision of the glory of Christ unveiled in us still speaks powerfully to my heart. As little qualified as we may appear to critics, if we truly give our all to Christ, He will bless us, and yes He will break us. Indeed, what He said to His disciples, He still speaks to my heart: The multitudes do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, The Days of His Presence available at Arrow Bookstore.
Save up to 30%
Limited time offer
The Days of His Presence

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fbook-days-of-his-presence-lg_98x150While we should be mindful of end-time events, we must not become fearful of them. Indeed, to become overly focused upon the signs of the end can be a distraction. Signs point to something bigger than themselves. Rising before us is a glorious sunrise. Let us not become so absorbed with the movement of fleeing shadows that we miss the awe of the One who is dawning upon us. Many have written about the shadows; this book is primarily about the increasing light.
Book - $9.10 (Retail $13.00)

resources by 
[size=16]Pastor Francis
[/size]

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Apr 2021, 8:51 pm

Find God!
There is only one thing that keeps some churches from prospering spiritually. They have yet to find God.
Holiness Comes from Seeking the Glory of God
Jesus warned, "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another, and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?" (John 5:44). If we are displaying our spirituality to impress men, still seeking honor from others, still living to appear righteous or special or "anointed" before people, can we honestly say we have been walking near to the living God? We know we are relating correctly to God when our hunger for His glory causes us to forsake the praise of men.

Does not all glory fade in the light of His glory? Even as Jesus challenged the genuineness of the Pharisees' faith, so He challenges us: "How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another?"
What a weak comfort is the praise of men. Upon such a frail ledge do we mortals build our happiness. Consider: within but a few days after the Lycaonians attempted to worship Paul, they were congratulating themselves for having stoned him (Acts 14:11-19). Consider: was it not the same city whose songs and praise welcomed Jesus as "King . . . gentle, and mounted on a donkey" (Matt. 21:5-9) that roared, "Crucify Him!" less than one week later (Luke 23:21)? To seek the praise of men is to be tossed upon such a sea of instability!
We must ask ourselves, whose glory do we seek in life, God's or our own? Jesus said, "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory" (John 7:18). When we speak from ourselves and of ourselves, are we not seeking to solicit from men the praise that belongs only to God? To seek our glory is to fall headlong into vanity and deception. "But," Jesus continued, "He who is seeking the glory of the one who sent Him, He is true and there is no unrighteousness in Him" (v. 18). The same quality of heart that made Christ's intentions true must become our standard as well. For only to the degree that we are seeking the glory of God are our motivations true! Only to the degree that we abide in the glory of Him who sends us is there no unrighteousness in our hearts!
Therefore, let us give ourselves to seeking the glory of God, and let us do so until we find Him. As we behold the nature of Christ, as our eyes see Him, like Job we "abhor" ourselves and "repent in dust and ashes" (Job 42:6 KJV). As we are bathed in His glory, we shall be washed from seeking the glory of man.
If we truly find Him, no one will have to tell us to be humble. No one need convince us our old natures are as filthy rags. As we truly find God, the things which are so highly esteemed among men will become detestable in our sight (Luke 16:15).
What could be more important than finding God? Take a day, a week or a month and do nothing but seek Him, persisting until you find Him. He has promised, "You will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart" (Jer. 29:13). Find God, and once you have Him, determine to live the rest of your life in pursuit of His glory. As you touch Him, something will come alive in you: something eternal, someone Almighty! Instead of looking down on people, you will seek to lift them up. You will dwell in the presence of God. And you will be holy, for He is holy.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.
Save up to 40%
Limited time offer
Holiness, Truth and the Presence of God
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fbook_holiness_96x150.jpg&t=1618682308&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1ca7-ee0001013600&sig=rVrb9g_0nO3a4mnjXReThis is the first book ever written by Pastor Francis. It came after three years of studying and repeatedly reading the Gospels. The truths in this book have stirred men to revivals. It is a penetrating study of the human heart and how God prepares it for His glory.
Book $8.40 (Retail $12.00)
Ebook $4.71 (Retail $7.85)

resources by 
[size=16]Pastor Francis
[/size]
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share.jpg&t=1618682308&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1ca7-ee0001013600&sig=10sssEE.f_  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share.jpg&t=1618682308&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1ca7-ee0001013600&sig=c2ZZTa

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Apr 2021, 8:23 pm

An Unguarded Heart

The idea that a leader whom we've known and loved should suddenly be exposed in a devastating scandal seems incomprehensible. Certainly leaders who have taught others could teach themselves. Is there not resident within all Christians biblical knowledge that would protect us from moral failure?

So what is it then that can worm into an individual's thought-life, burrow down into his heart, and then grow so compelling that a leader is willing to risk everything he's loved and attained for a fulfillment of the flesh? Is it just sin? Or is there something deeper, a lack of spiritual discernment that left the heart of that leader vulnerable to demonic manipulation? Could it be that, at least among some, their heart was unguarded to the exploitation of hell?

An Unparalleled Warfare
Please note that I am not blaming the devil for every sin we commit. The fact is, selfishness and self-indulgence, which produce sin, are basic instincts of our fallen nature. At the same time, let us also discern the unique warfare of our times. Our world has been flooded with hyper-sexuality, wantonness and excess. The "red-light district" has moved from the city and entered our homes via the Internet, movies and television. We deceive ourselves if we think we can accommodate an immoral imagination and it not contaminate how we act out our lives.

There is much within the fallen human nature that can be exploited and plundered by evil. When we fail to guard our hearts and avoid what is clearly sinful, a fantasy realm within us unfolds and opens into darkness. Our thought-processes become increasingly accessible to the enemy. To the degree that we hide our sin in darkness, to that degree the enemy can work unhindered building strongholds in our soul.

You see, what entertains us actually enters us. If you are entertained by pornography or sexual fantasy, perverse or corrupting thoughts and habits, you are opening your soul to hell. You must confront this battle honestly, repent of sin, and set a guard over your heart. If you don't, your battle will advance from temptation to serious, hidden sexual bondage, which in turn will spawn a secret life that is porous to the realm of darkness.

People of Destiny, Take Heed
Jesus reveals that a major source of this sexual manipulation is the Jezebel spirit (Rev. 2:20). The rampant immorality we see manifested in our world underscores the increasing influence of this ruler of darkness. Indeed, compare our world today with cultural standards of just fifty years ago and it's easy to see that mankind is under siege. Too many Christians have dropped their defenses, and many otherwise good people have quietly slipped into bondage.

Yet Jezebel's arsenal includes more than lust; there is also witchcraft, which attacks and works to disarm the conscience. Remember Jehu's words? "What peace, so long as the harlotries of your mother Jezebel and her witchcrafts are so many?" (2 Kings 9:22).

We are fighting the "harlotries" and "witchcrafts" of Jezebel. Those who have been defeated by this spirit often feel they were drugged by their own passions. They did things that were flagrantly sinful, almost daring God (or the devil) to expose them. I am talking about the war against church leaders, politicians, and men and women in general. How many more must fall before we realize the need for repentance and discernment?

The Subtle Attack
The Jezebel spirit is a "man whisperer." Its approach typically is not bold but enticing. It comes with seductive words that stimulate the degrading thoughts of human flesh. Its quiet power overwhelms and then disarms the conscience. In your desire to walk upright, what you may actually be fighting is Jezebel, in particular, her many "witchcrafts."

One may argue, "My battle is just sin, not warfare." Perhaps that is true for you, but for others it is a spiritual attack on an unguarded heart. Its power may be aimed at Christians in general, but its specific target is church leaders and those called to places of authority.

There are times when I think the world has greater discernment than the church. Consider these select words from the old Frank Sinatra song, "Witchcraft":

Those fingers in my hair
That sly come-hither stare
That strips my conscience bare
It's witchcraft
And I've got no defense for it
The heat is too intense for it
What good would common sense for it do?
'cause it's witchcraft, wicked witchcraft
And although I know it's strictly taboo
When you arouse the need in me
My heart says "Yes, indeed" in me
"Proceed with what you're leading me to"
—C. Leigh, C. Coleman

The song did, in fact, reveal characteristics about the effect of witchcraft. The composers wrote, "[It] strips my conscience bare." It continues, "I've got no defense for it/The heat is too intense for it/What good would common sense for it do?" and then, "When you arouse the need in me/My heart says, ‘Yes, indeed' in me/‘Proceed with what you're leading me to.'"

Of course, we do have a defense for it in Christ, but that defense begins with guarding our hearts from the opportunities and deceptions of the Jezebel spirit.

Set a Guard
I don't want to make too much of the possibility of witchcraft, for becoming overly focused on this type of warfare can itself become a swamp of darkness. Let's keep things in perspective. However, this is a chapter taken from my book on discernment. We need to be aware of the spiritual realm around us. Whether witchcraft is what you are fighting or just natural weaknesses of the flesh, all of us need to close the door to the hyper-sexuality of our world. Indeed, the world has "no defense for it."

However, for those in the kingdom of God, "the weapons of our warfare are … divinely powerful" (2 Cor. 10:4). Our weapons and defenses are mighty, but we must use them. Scripture commands us, "Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life" (Prov. 4:23). The NIV says it this way: "Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it."

A guard is one armed and trained to recognize an enemy and turn away that enemy's attack. We are in war and must stay militant in attitude. We cannot be casual with sin or temptation. When you use the Internet, use a software filter as a guard. Be accountable to others. Don't feed your sexual appetites, for these kinds of addictions only go from bad to worse (Rom. 1:24-28).

I'm not saying this will be an easy fight. As powerful as the allure of the sin may seem, the enemy will also work to isolate you from others. The efforts we spend hiding sin are the very tools Satan uses to entrap us in it; so, talk to someone (Eph. 5:11-13). Embrace the process of cleansing, of repentance, and washing your "robes … in the blood of the Lamb" (Rev. 7:14). Confess your sins to God and one another.

Today would be a good time to build yourself up spiritually. You might consider signing up for In Christ's Image Training (icitc.org). Get back in the Word, for the sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. Use the authority of God's Word to defend your heart against spiritual attacks.

The most important thing you can do is to return wholeheartedly to God. The Lord promises, "Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name" (Ps. 91:14).

Beloved, it is time to set a guard over your heart.

Lord God, this day I humble myself before Your throne. You see my heart and the battle I have faced. I ask that You restore me; make me wiser. Let not my enemy triumph over me. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and grant me the grace to walk with a pure heart, a guarded heart, before You. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, Spiritual Discernment and the Mind of Christ, available at Arrow Bookstore.

Save up to 45%

Spiritual Discernment and the Mind of Christ

How can you defeat your enemy if you don't know who or what you are fighting? Pastor Francis shares biblical insights on the gift of discernment and what it means to possess the mind of Christ. A few of the chapters are classics from Francis' previously published books; they have been rewritten, updated, and included here as foundational to our understanding of spiritual discernment.

Includes extra chapters from several of pastor's other books, including three from The Three Battlegrounds. These additional chapters give continuity and additional insight into the important subject of spiritual discernment.

Includes a training CD titled, Society of the Redeemers.

Book and Free Training CD - $7.07 (Retail $12.85)
Ebook - $7.07 (Retail $12.85)

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Apr 2021, 11:00 pm

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Fffheader600x120.jpg&t=1617404387&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c88-1400ab017a00&sig=HtU4lGBdeD_rg4O5

Fast from Judging
There are many types of fasts. If you have ever gone on an extended fast, you know it can be a life-changing experience. The king of Nineveh along with the nobles and all the people of his nation fasted completely from food and water. The Lord heard the sincerity in their repentance and spared their nation, making them an example of how prayer, coupled with fasting, touched the heart of God (Jonah 3; Luke 11:32).
A fast can be a powerful tool to help stimulate revival or, conversely, it can degrade into a religious exercise that has almost no spiritual significance. The Pharisees fasted twice a week but did so to be seen of men. Their fast became a thing of religious pride. It was completely without spiritual value.
Examples of True Fasts
At its essence, the purpose of a fast is to help us reach our spiritual destination faster, hence the name fast. Jesus said, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied" (Matt. 5:6). The goal of our hunger is for righteousness to prevail, either in us personally or in our family, church, city or nation. Fasting takes us there faster.

Yet we must not allow our fast to become a form of self-inflicted punishment. Fasting is not about "severe treatment of the body" (Col. 2:20-23). In truth, a fast is a gift of grace -- an opportunity to engage the Lord in an extended time of desire. During the time you would have nourished your body, nourish yourself spiritually instead. Draw closer to the Lord. Read the Word of God, memorize Scriptures, or pray for yourself and others.
Isaiah 58 tells us that a fast can also be a time to show God's love to others. The Lord says,
"Is this not the fast which I choose, to loosen the bonds of wickedness, to undo the bands of the yoke, and to let the oppressed go free and break every yoke? Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into the house; when you see the naked, to cover him?" ---Isaiah 58:6-7
Therefore, when you are fasting from food, consider also ways to help the disadvantaged and hurting. You might even devote your food money to a relief agency who gives care to suffering people in destitute places.
The Intercessor's Fast
From our study, we see that a fast can be a genuine form of seeking God, or it can be a shallow display of self-righteousness. The fast itself can be a denial of food or a specific food group, such as meats or desserts, like Daniel's fast (Dan. 1:12; 10: 2-3). Or it can be a denial of self, where we give ourselves to helping others less fortunate than ourselves (Isa. 58).
One aspect of the Isaiah 58 fast is seen in verse 9, which reads, "Remove the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness." This aspect of life, "the pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness," sadly, has become a normal part of our American culture. Self-righteous judging, fault-finding, loveless criticisms and slander are all things that many Christians do without conscience or regret. If, however, we remove these things from our lives and give ourselves to a walk of love, the results are profound:
"Then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail. Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; you will raise up the age-old foundations; And you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell." ---Isaiah 58:10-12
Thus, I want to introduce a new concept: the fast from judging. When I have mentioned this type of fast to others, it is interesting to watch the reactions of some. "If we fast from judging, what will we think about?" they query. I am not saying we should fast from thinking. No, I am saying only this: After we have thought about some issue of life, fast from letting our concluding thoughts be those of judgment. Rather, let our thoughts end in sincere prayer for mercy, redemption and forgiveness.
You see, the instinct to judge and criticize is a curse upon the church, and it brings death upon us as individuals. A curse? Death? Yes, every time we judge we are simultaneously judged by God, and each time we condemn another we ourselves are condemned (Matt. 7:1-2; Luke 6:37).
Many Christians will pray, engage in spiritual warfare, and rebuke the devil, yet often the enemy they are fighting is not the devil. It is the harvest of what they have sown with their own words and attitudes! What is happening to us is consequential, as Jesus said, "by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you" (Matt. 7:2).
When we judge and criticize, we position ourselves under judgment. You see, we are constantly sowing and harvesting life according to our own attitudes.
When I say "fast from judging," I do not mean we should abandon discernment. No. But judging people is not discernment. When we see something wrong, instead of only turning critical, we must learn to pray for mercy for that situation. We may still see what is wrong, but now we are harnessing our energies and seeking to redeem what is wrong by the power of Christ's love.
Jesus said, "Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy" (Matt. 5:7). When we resist the impulse to judge or condemn and instead pray for mercy, an amazing thing happens: fresh mercy opens before us. You see, in every moment of every day there are two paths in front of us: one leads to increased mercy in our lives while the other leads to a life of obstacles and difficulties. How do we receive more mercy? The key to a life blessed by God's mercy is to give mercy to those around us (Matt. 18:21-35).

There are Christians I know who have not made spiritual progress for years. They attend church and they tithe, yet they maintain a self-righteous, judgmental attitude. They always have something negative to say about others. As such, they position themselves under God's judgment. Their capacity to receive divine mercy is closed because they do not show mercy toward others.

James wrote: "Judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy; mercy triumphs over judgment" (James 2:13). Let me repeat this sobering verse again: "Judgment will be merciless to one who has shown no mercy."
Are you pondering why your version of Christianity doesn't quite feel like the abundant life Jesus promised in John 10:10? Perhaps it is because you are too judgmental. Let us, therefore, discern "what spirit" we are of (Luke 9:51-56). Let us remember that mercy triumphs over judgment. If we strive to be merciful, God promises He will respond to us as we have responded to others. Finally, let's ponder the next season of change. Perhaps it is time to embrace the mercy fast and see what changes occur when we fast from judging.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, Spiritual Discernment and the Mind of Christ, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.
Save up to 45%
Spiritual Discernment and the Mind of Christ
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2FSpiritual-discernment-single_lg_2_146x150.jpg&t=1617404387&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c88-1400ab017a00&sig=lTKEpeOxauHp1How can you defeat your enemy if you don't know who or what you are fighting? Pastor Francis shares biblical insights on the gift of discernment and what it means to possess the mind of Christ. A few of the chapters are classics from Francis' previously published books; they have been rewritten, updated, and included here as foundational to our understanding of spiritual discernment.
Includes extra chapters from several of pastor's other books, including three from The Three Battlegrounds. These additional chapters give continuity and additional insight into the important subject of spiritual discernment.
Includes a training CD titled, Society of the Redeemers.
Book and Free Training CD - $7.07 (Retail $12.85)
Ebook - $7.07 (Retail $12.85)

resources by 
Pastor Francis

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share.jpg&t=1617404387&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c88-1400ab017a00&sig=wyjQ85M9xRJoGYD  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share.jpg&t=1617404387&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c88-1400ab017a00&sig=W10

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Mar 2021, 11:31 pm

"The Grace Period"
I’m convinced that the Lord loves "late comers." Indeed, how many of us did not come to Him at His first call? For some, it was years. Yet the Lord, in His tireless love, persisted until we received Him into our hearts. So, I conclude, latecomers are important to our Father. And while I recognize there is a time when the door shuts and a God-inspired opportunity is no more, still the Lord describes Himself as One who is patient and abundant in lovingkindness (Num. 14:18). The Lord will extend grace, even when we are late or slow to respond.

It's interesting that, even in the world, when someone is late to pay a bill, companies offer a few days beyond the due date. They call this extension the "grace period." If the world can extend grace, how much more should we? Therefore, with Christ's love in our hearts for those who, for whatever reason, couldn’t register on time for In Christ’s Image Training, we are extending our registration deadline to March 29. Consider this a grace period, not just a time past due to register, but the beginning of a season of extended grace -- a time when old things truly pass away and new and wonderful graces renew the texture of your heart.
Registration extended!
Online course begins April 2, 2021.

Registration closes March 25, 2021
Registration extended through Monday, March 29
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ficit_termlogo_150.jpg&t=1616801457&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c04-9a003b017f00&sig=Q_zQUdn1faj84yIn Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.
Enrollment overview:

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day Monday, March 29, 2021.

4) Submit the registration form before closing date.

Class begins April 2, 2021.
For more info, please see www.icitc.org
Training also available in Spanish / Español
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share.jpg&t=1616801457&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c04-9a003b017f00&sig=  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Mar 2021, 11:00 pm

Swallowed Up In Life
Two forces are increasing in the world: the power of life and the power of death. The Scriptures tell us that before Christ returns, Satan will be cast down from the spirit realm to the earthly realm "having great wrath because he knows his time is short" (Rev. 12:12). Jesus warns us in Matt. 24:22 that "unless those days are cut short, no life would have been saved." Prophecy after prophecy warns of these days. Satanic darkness is on the face of the earth, and where the devil is, death and destruction are soon to follow.
At the same time, the sons of the Kingdom should expect to enter ever-increasing degrees of life. Through repentance and faith in God's word, we are seeing more of the Holy Spirt and more of Christ's actual presence restored to the church. I believe before Jesus returns, the church will be as full of life as Christ was when He walked in His earthly ministry.
Paul tells us that a time will come when "that which is mortal is swallowed up by life" (2 Cor. 5:4). At the last trumpet sounds, our perishable bodies will put on imperishable bodies and what was mortal will put on immortality (1 Cor. 15:53). Think about it: immortality, death and decay swallowed up by life! We are not facing death; we are discarding death. We are facing LIFE, abundant, eternal and indestructible!
This is important for us to grasp because I believe that what seems to occur “in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye" (1 Cor. 15:51) is actually the result of years of progressively laying down our self-lives and progressively absorbing and living in Christ's life. The Scripture tells us that "now your life is hidden with Christ in God, but when Christ, WHO IS OUR LIFE is revealed, you also will be revealed with Him in glory" (Col. 3:4). The key to the revealed glory is the hidden life we daily share with Christ. It must be a true statement: Christ is my life – in my home, my hopes, my heart, my future, and in all my relationships. At the same time, we must honestly face the fact that there are areas in us which Christ is not yet our life. And we must do something about it.
The Hidden Manna
There is a mystery concerning life. Although life is obviously within and around us, Jesus said, "Few are they who find it." Most people just exist. They go through their days afraid to live and afraid to die. We need to know that the life Christ came to give us doesn't automatically fall on us like the sunshine and rain He gives us; God hides His life in His will. And if we could find His life, we must do His will.
In Rev. 2:7 Jesus promised, "To him who overcomes, I will give of the hidden manna." The life God has for us is hidden. Jesus called the Kingdom of God, "a treasure hidden in the field" (Matt. 13:44). Even though life is within and around us, we must search for it like fine gold and dig for it like silver.
Additionally, Solomon tells us that even though "God made man upright" he "sought out many devices" (Ecc. 7:29). There is something perverse about the human nature that, even though we love light, we are bent towards darkness. We want relationships with people, but we don't want to maintain them. It is so easy for a man to come home and look at his wife as one of the "things" in the home – there's the chair, the couch, the table, my wife, the lamp, etc. Men must cultivate being sensitive to the person of his wife. On the other hand, women complain that their husbands don't communicate with them. When they finally do talk, instead of making it an enjoyable time, she ruins it by telling him how often he fails to meet her needs. It is so easy to blame others for the failure we have in our relating, but the problem is latent within us all. We desire, but how often we fail to give it! It would be safe to say all of us need God's help.
In the Book of Daniel, the angel Gabriel approached the prophet to give him understanding concerning a vision. Daniel explained his reaction to this supernatural encounter. He said, "Now while he was talking with me, I sank into a deep sleep with my face to the ground" (Dan. 8:18). It is unfortunate, but this is actually how most of us approach the things of God: in a deep sleep with our faces to the ground. Daniel continued, "But he touched me and made me stand upright" (Dan. 8:18). Every time God deals with your heart, every time He touches you, He is making you stand upright. When I see you cry during worship, I know that the very Spirit of God Himself is waking you and pulling your face up off of the earth. And when your heart is burning within you at the reading or preaching of the Word, it is nothing less than Christ Himself making you stand upright.
Don't be afraid of letting the Lord touch you. Don't let defeats or failings or circumstances keep you from remaining open to the Lord. More life is coming! More of His presence is at hand! Stay vulnerable to Him and He will progressively pour more of Heaven's power into your life. And as you continue to seek Him for His life in your relationships, gradually you will see the attitudes which are human in you, become divine. In a moment, in a twinkling of an eye you will see "what which is mortal, swallowed up by LIFE."

Registration extended!

Registration extended through Monday, March 29
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ficit_termlogo_150In Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.
Enrollment overview:

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day Monday, March 29, 2021.

Visit Arrow Bookstore to order
Pastor Francis resources

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ffb_share.jpg&t=1616799471&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c04-9a0001017f00&sig=souhRvGGeKF9nmc9E  FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ftwitter_share.jpg&t=1616799471&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c04-9a0001017f00&sig=2ZuPlHePRk

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Mar 2021, 11:39 pm

Christ Our Life

Overcoming Resistance
Note: the Lord will allow obstacles and delays to deepen and test the character of our love. Thus the bride acknowledges, "I sought him whom my soul loves; I sought him but did not find him" (Song of Sol. 3:1).

Her first attempts at seeking her beloved proved fruitless, yet she does not terminate her quest. Augustine said it well: "God is not on the surface." There is indeed a "secret place of the Most High." Although hidden, it can be found and accessed.

One common deterrent, ironically, is the benevolent effect that comes with drawing nearer to the Lord. Inevitably the blessings of an answered prayer or a new understanding of Scripture will greet us on our way to God. However, we must guard against these signposts becoming our final destination.

Let us also understand, we will not find His fullness by seeking Him merely in convenient times and comfortable places. Rather, our quest is a determined and continual pilgrimage. It will not end until He is disclosed to us (John 14:21). We are confident, though, for He has promised that in the day we seek Him with our whole heart, we shall find Him (Jer. 29:13). He assures us, "I will be found by you" (v. 14).

Christ Our Life
The bride continues, "I must arise now and go about the city; in the streets and in the squares I must seek him whom my soul loves" (Song of Sol. 3:2).

This inexorable woman has risen from the security of her own bed. She has left the comfort of her warm house and now is seeking her beloved in the streets and in the squares. Pastors, be aware: Not all who wander from church to church are uncommitted or superficial Christians. A significant number are honestly searching for Christ. They are asking, "Have you seen Him?"

Not only is the bride in the streets and squares of Christianity; she is facing the force and power of night as well. Yet nothing stops her -- not her own need of sleep or her fear of the darkness. The love of Christ compels her.

However, again she is disappointed: "I sought him but did not find him" (v. 2).

We might think that after so great an effort -- and in the face of the seeming reluctance of Heaven to answer her cry -- she would feel justified to return home. But she does not. We too must guard against becoming satisfied with our opinion of ourselves: We prayed; we waited; we searched for God. We did more than others. This false reward fills the soul with self-exaltation. If we truly want to find Him, we must stay empty and hungry for God alone.

"The watchmen who make the rounds in the city found me, and I said, ‘Have you seen him whom my soul loves?'" (v.3).

From her bed, to the streets, and now to the watchmen, the bride is seeking her lover. Notice that "the watchmen" found her. The watchmen are the modern-day prophetic ministries. Their highest calling is to find the searching bride and direct her to Jesus. While many may come to the seers for a word of encouragement or revelation, the bride is looking for Jesus. Her singleness of purpose is undistracted; she asks the watchmen, "Have you seen Him?"

"Scarcely had I left them when I found him whom my soul loves" (v. 4). This is the greatest motivation for seeking the Lord: the time will come when you find Him! You will pass your tests and overcome the obstacles; you will be secure in the embrace of Christ.

She says, "I held on to him and would not let him go" (v. 4).

I am reminded of Mary at the empty tomb of Christ (John 20:11-18). The apostles came, looked in the cave, and went away astounded. But Mary lingered, weeping. The death of Christ was horrible, but the empty tomb was unbearable. She had to find Him whom her soul loved!

Scripture says that Jesus Himself came to her, but in her sorrow she did not recognize Him. He said, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" (v. 15). It is interesting that Jesus connected Mary's inconsolable weeping with her seeking. Blinded by her tears, she supposed He was the gardener.

"Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away" (v. 15).

"Jesus said to her, ‘Mary!' She turned and said to Him in Hebrew,‘Rabboni!' (which means, Teacher)" (v. 16).

Immediately Mary burst from her kneeling position to embrace Christ; she held Him so tightly that, like the bride, she too could say, "I held on to him and would not let him go" (Song of Sol. 3:4). I see Jesus smiling, and with great love He gently pushed her back, saying, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father" (John 20: 17).

This is a most astounding event. It is a marvel, I admit, that is beyond comprehension. In the mysterious process of the Lord's resurrection -- during an interlude between the grave and the final stage of His ascension -- Christ interrupted His triumphant ascent to appear to Mary! Jesus was drawn -- no, compelled -- toward Mary's weeping!

I am staggered by this event. Jesus demonstrated that love is the highest, most powerful law of His kingdom. It brings His living presence into the hearts of those who seek Him.

You Have Made His Heart Beat Faster
One last thought, and it is a profound reality: Where was the Bridegroom during the time when the bride was searching? Was He aloof, indifferent, sitting detached in Heaven? No, from the beginning, He had been watching, actually longing, for His bride to find Him.

He now speaks: "You have made my heart beat faster, my sister, my bride; you have made my heart beat faster with a single glance of your eyes" (Song of Sol. 4:9).

You are His bride. He is returning from Heaven for you! The single glance of your eyes toward Him makes His heart beat faster. Such love is inconceivable. He sees your repentance from sin as your preparation for Him -- His bride making herself ready. He beholds you kneeling, weeping at your bedside. He shares your painful longing. He has been watching. And the bridegroom says, "The glance of your eyes has made my heart beat faster."

The Lord has a promise for His bride. There is coming a fresh baptism of love that will surpass and fulfill all our knowledge of Him. We will know the height and depth, the length and the breadth of His love. While yet here on earth, we will be filled with His fullness. (See Eph. 3:18-19, Amplified).

We have many tasks, even responsibilities, that have come from Heaven. However, the greatest need of our soul is to be with Jesus. The areas of sin in our lives exist simply because we have lived too far from Him. Let us commit our hearts to seeking our God. Let us find Him whom our soul loves and bring Him back to the house of the Lord!

Lord, even now we lift our eyes toward You. Jesus, grace and truth are realized in You. Grant us grace that the truth of this message will change our lives and compel us in unrelenting love to You! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's In Christ's Image Training, available at www.icitc.org.

Enrollment overview:
1) Go to www.icitc.org and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page and Tuition page.

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, March 25, 2021.

For more info, please see www.icitc.org.

Pastor Francis resources

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise stated, all Scripture quotations were taken from the NASB
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 13 Mar 2021, 2:53 pm

Unrelenting Love
We simply must have more of the presence of Jesus Christ in our lives. In the face of increasing wickedness in the world, human ideas have fallen short. Those who understand the hour are seeking God. Possessing more of Christ Himself is our only hope.
Yet to seek God is to embark on a journey that will include obstacles and spiritual enemies along the way. We must not give ourselves reasons or excuses to fail.
As a pattern, therefore, we will look at the Song of Solomon 3:1-4. Here we find a bride and bridegroom, both of whom are intolerant of the distance between them. The bride in the passage symbolizes the church in her deepest longings for Jesus; the bridegroom represents the Lord.
The bride: "On my bed night after night I sought him whom my soul loves" (v.1).
Although fear or conflict may drive us toward God, on the highest level, seeking God is an action roused by the power of unrelenting love. The bride's ability to sleep is gone because her beloved is gone. She must seek him. For such is the nature of love.
Some will say, "But I already know the Lord. I have found Him." In reality, it was He who found us. Our salvation rests securely upon this truth. But while many rest upon Christ having found them, they have little interest in possessing a greater relationship with Him; they do not realize His deep love for us. The bride loves because Christ first loved her (1 John 4:19). She arises now to find Him. In the very love that He inspired, she pursues her beloved.
The apostle Paul wrote, "As many as are perfect, have this attitude" (Phil. 3:15). To seek and know Christ is the attitude of the mature; it is the singular obsession of Christ's bride.
In this maturing process, there will come a point when your love for God will take ascendancy over mere intellectual or doctrinal understanding. The bride of Christ cannot contain her longing; she refuses to adjust to feeling empty and will not reconcile the passion of her soul with the absence of her beloved.
Note also that there is an unfolding dimension to seeking the Lord. Genuine love for God is an ever-increasing hunger. As one would die without food, so we feel we will die without Him. The bride says, "Night after night I sought him" (Song of Sol. 3:1). She has come to love the Lord with all her heart, with all her soul, and with all her mind (Matt. 22:37). Her love has become all-consuming; to accept his absence is impossible.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's In Christ's Image Training, available at www.icitc.org.

FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffrangipane.org%2Fimages%2Ficit_termlogo_150.jpg&t=1615647075&ymreqid=2e9d598e-399b-5e90-1c34-830001017400&sig=OmdfZXgdQOslHIn Christ's Image Training is a six-month, online course developed by Pastor Frangipane. These are proven truths that break chains and lead to power in our Christian walk.
Enrollment overview:

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, March 25, 2021.

Pastor Francis resources

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Mar 2021, 5:18 pm

The Intensifying Presence

We all know the unrepentant world is destined for the Great Tribulation, but as far as the living, praying church is concerned, if we continue to climb toward the standard of Christlikeness, prior to the rapture there will be a season of great glory for true Christians.

In support of this holy goal, let me submit to you an encounter I had with the Lord in 1973. I was pastoring a small church in Hawaii and had been in a month of intense prayer and extended fasting, a time of drawing near to God. At the end of this period, I found myself awakened during the night by a visitation of the Lord. It was not as though I saw His physical features; I saw His glory and was overwhelmed by the intense fire of His presence. Immediately I was like a dead man, unable to move so much as a finger. Spiritually, however, my consciousness was heightened beyond anything I have known since. I was like one of those "living creatures" in the book of Revelation with "eyes around and within" (Rev. 4:8).

With my "inner eyes" I saw the truth about my personal righteousness. Recall, I had been in prayer and fasting; I felt good about myself. Yet suddenly the flaws in my life became unbearably vivid and utterly sinful. My iniquity was not as something I occasionally committed but as something I perpetually was. I saw many times when I could have been more loving or kind or sensitive. I also saw how selfish nearly all of my actions were.

Yet for all that was dark within me, I felt no rebuke from the Lord nor condemnation. No voice came from Heaven to convict me of my wrongs. The only voice condemning me was my own; in the light of His presence, I abhorred myself (Job 42:6 KJV).

Without any buffer of self-justification or deceit, I saw how far short of His glory I truly was. I knew why mankind needed the blood of Christ, and no amount of personal attainment in and of itself could ever make me like Jesus. In the most profound way I understood that only Christ could live like Christ. God's plan was not to improve me but to remove me so that the Lord Jesus Himself could actually live His life through me (Gal. 2:20). In His indwelling would rest my hope of becoming like Him.

Outwardly, with "eyes around," I realized that the electrified atmosphere I felt in my bedroom was actually being broadcast from a very distant reality. Yet, though distant, the emanation of Christ's presence was like a burning fire upon my consciousness. A great procession of heavenly beings was descending through a night sky; I knew that this was a glimpse of Heaven coming to Earth.

In the forefront were angels of every class and order, each group in a splendor all its own. About a third of the way back was the Lord, and behind Him were innumerable saints. Yet I could not see into the depth of the Lord's glory, for those following Him had become part of His being.

The Lord was not only coming to judge the Earth but to fill this world with His glory. Let me repeat that, even though the Lord was far away, the radiance of His presence was a living fire upon my consciousness. The energy was almost painful.

Then, without warning, the procession came closer, not just to me but to our dimension. It was as though a mark in time had been crossed. Instantly I was utterly overwhelmed by the intensity of the Lord's presence. I felt that I could not - no, not for another moment - bear the increase of His glory. It was as though my very existence would be consumed by the blast furnace of His radiance. And in the deepest prayer I have ever uttered, I begged the Lord to return me to my body. Instantly, mercifully, I was cocooned once again in the familiar world of my senses and my bedroom.

Continue reading. . .

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's In Christ's Image Training, available at www.icitc.org.

Enrollment overview:
1) Go to www.icitc.org and read through the Level I page, FAQ page, Level I Syllabus page and Tuition page.

3) Next, complete the Level I Registration form before the end of the day, March 25, 2021.

For more info, please see www.icitc.org.

Pastor Francis resources

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Feb 2021, 11:18 pm

The Ministries of Francis Frangipane

Desperation Produces Change

It is significant that Jesus compared His elect to a widow harassed by an enemy. The image is actually liberating, for we tend to conceptualize the heroes of the faith as David or Joshua types -- individuals whose successes obscure their humble beginnings. But each of God's servants has, like the widow, a former life that is brimming with excuses and occasions to waver.

Look at the widow: She has legitimate reasons to quit, but instead she prevails. Indeed, she refuses to exempt herself from her high potential simply because of her low estate. She makes no apologies for her lack of finances, knowledge or charm. Giving herself no reason to fail, she unashamedly plants her case before the judge where she pleads for and receives what is hers: legal protection from her opponent.

How did a common widow gain such strength of character? We can imagine that there must have been a time when, under the relentless pressure of her adversary, she became desperate, and desperation worked to her advantage. Desperation is God's hammer: it demolishes the stronghold of fear and shatters the chains of our excuses. When our desperation exceeds our fears, progress begins.

Today the force prodding many Christians toward greater unity and prayer has not been the sweetness of fellowship; more often it has been the assault of the enemy. We are in desperate times. When it comes to touching God's heart, other than for a few essential truths, unity of desperation is more crucial than unity of doctrine.

God's Elect
Our nation is suffering from a deep social and moral collapse. If we have ever needed God's anointing, it is now -- but where are God's elect? Where are the people whom Daniel says "know their God" and "will display strength and take action" (Dan. 11:32)?

Is there no one divinely empowered who can fell the Goliaths of our age? Perhaps we are looking in the wrong places. Perhaps we need only to look in our bathroom mirror. If you believe in Jesus and are desperate for God, you qualify as one of God's elect. Remember, in the above parable the widow typifies Christ's chosen.

We have erroneously held that God's chosen will never be assaulted by the adversary, much less driven to desperation and "day and night" prayer. But this desperation is often the very crucible in which the elect of God are forged. Jesus portrays this characteristic metaphorically in the picture of the widow; He reveals the means through which His elect prevail in battle at the end of the age.

When all is said and done, it is also possible that this widow may not have been a singular person but a corporate people -- a "widow church" -- united in Christ in a singular, desperate prayer for protection against her adversary.

We need the "legal protection" that a national revival provides. But it will not come without unceasing prayer. You ask, "Where was the prayer behind the charismatic movement?" The Lord spoke to my heart that the charismatic movement was His answer to the cries of a million praying mothers -- women who refused to surrender their children to drugs and the devil.

It is our turn to pray. We are the widow who cannot give herself a reason for failure; God will answer our day-and-night cry. Let us position ourselves at His throne on behalf of our cities and nations. Certainly, as we persevere in faith, the Lord will grant us legal protection from our enemy.

Heavenly Father, forgive us for our lack of prayer and for giving ourselves excuses to fail. Lord, we thank You for making us desperate. Help us now to prevail, to attain the "legal protection" You have provided us against our adversary. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, The Power of Covenant Prayer, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.

Save up to 30%

The Power of Covenant Prayer

Gain the victory over the effect of curses. The section on persevering prayer is a must for anyone serious about attaining Christlikeness. The second part is the conclusion of a teaching on spiritual protection. Powerful insights on the nature of curses and how to walk in spiritual victory and freedom.

Book - $7.00 (Retail $10.00)
Ebook - $6.89 (Retail $10.00)

Grace Unveiled
Audio/Video Series

We've been taught, and rightly so, that grace is God's unmerited favor. Yet it is more. Grace is God's promise to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Learn how to interact and work with the powerful, transforming grace of God. In truth, in every facet of our lives, our progress is the result of faith working with God's grace.

Message titles:
Not by Works   |   The Law of Faith
At the Mercy Seat   |   Your Words - Your Future

CD Audio Series - $12.00 (Retail $16.00)
DVD Video Series - $22.50 (Retail $30.00)

MP3 Audio Download $6.00 (Retail $8.00)
MP4 Video Download $11.25 (Retail $15.00)

Visit Arrow Bookstore to order this
and other resource

Facebook  Twitter
Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Feb 2021, 11:34 pm

Legal Protection
Approximately two thousand years ago a decree was issued at the judgment seat of Almighty God. It provided "legal" protection for the church against the devil. Indeed, when Jesus died for our sins, the "ruler of this world" was judged (John 16:11). Our debts were nailed to Christ's cross and canceled; principalities and powers were disarmed. In truth, because of Jesus, we have a legal right not only to be protected from our enemy but to triumph over him (Col. 2:13-15).
Having said that, we must also acknowledge that the church has only rarely walked in such victory since the first century. Why? At least in part, the answer is this: to attain the protection of Christ, the church must embrace the intercession of Christ. We must become a house of prayer.
Indeed, church history began with its leadership devoted to the Word of God and to prayer (Acts 2:42; 6:4). Every day the leaders gathered to pray and minister to the Lord (Acts 3:1). In this clarity of vision and simplicity of purpose, the church of Jesus Christ never had greater power or capacity to make true disciples.
Today, however, our qualifications for church leadership include almost everything but devotion to God's Word and prayer. Leaders are expected to be organizers, counselors, and individuals with winning personalities whose charms alone can draw people.
In Luke 18:8, Jesus challenges our modern traditions. He asks, "When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" His question is a warning to Christians who would limit the power of God at the end of the age. Jesus is calling us to resist the downward pull of our traditions; He is asking us individually, "Will I find faith in you?"
Before we respond, let us note that Jesus associates faith with "day and night" prayer (Luke 18:7). He is not asking, "Will I find correct doctrines in you?" The Lord's question does not so much concern itself with our head as with our heart. What we believe is important, but how we believe is vital in securing the help of God.
Indeed, procuring the supernatural help of God is exactly the point of Jesus' parable in Luke 18. His intent was to show that "at all times" we "ought to pray and not to lose heart" (v. 1). To illustrate the quality of faith He seeks, He followed His admonition with a parable about a certain widow who petitioned a hardened judge for "legal protection" (v. 3). Although the judge was initially unwilling, yet by her "continually coming" (v. 5) she gained what was legally hers.
Jesus concluded by asking, if an unrighteous judge will respond to a widow's persistence, "will not God bring about justice for His elect who cry to Him day and night, and will He delay long over them?" Jesus said, "I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly" (vv. 7-8).
Understanding God's Delays
Our heavenly Judge will not "delay long" over His elect, but He will delay. In fact, God's definition of "quickly" and ours are not always synonymous. The Lord incorporates delays into His overall plan: delays work perseverance in us. So crucial is endurance to our character development that God is willing to delay even important answers to prayer to facilitate our transformation.

Thus, we should not interpret divine delays as signs of divine reluctance. Delays are tools to perfect our faith. Christ is looking to find a tenacity in our faith that prevails in spite of delays and setbacks. He seeks to create a perseverance within us that outlasts the test of time, a resolve that actually grows stronger during delays. When the Father sees this quality of persistence in our faith, it so touches His heart that He grants "legal protection" to His people.
Adapted from Francis Frangipane's book, The Power of Covenant Prayer, available at www.arrowbookstore.com.
Save up to 30%
The Power of Covenant Prayer
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fbook_powerchristlike_lg_101x150
Gain the victory over the effect of curses. The section on persevering prayer is a must for anyone serious about attaining Christlikeness. The second part is the conclusion of a teaching on spiritual protection. Powerful insights on the nature of curses and how to walk in spiritual victory and freedom.

Book - $7.00 (Retail $10.00)
Ebook - $6.89 (Retail $10.00)
Grace Unveiled
Audio/Video Series
FRANCIS FRANGIPANE  MINISTRIES - Page 7 Mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.arrowbookstore.com%2FMerchant5%2Fgraphics%2F00000002%2Fcd_graceunvailed_lg_107x150
We've been taught, and rightly so, that grace is God's unmerited favor. Yet it is more. Grace is God's promise to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves. Learn how to interact and work with the powerful, transforming grace of God. In truth, in every facet of our lives, our progress is the result of faith working with God's grace.
Message titles:
Not by Works   |   The Law of Faith
At the Mercy Seat   |   Your Words - Your Future
CD Audio Series - $12.00 (Retail $16.00)
DVD Video Series $22.50 (Retail $30.00)
MP3 Audio Download $6.00 (Retail $8.00)
MP4 Video Download $11.25 (Retail $15.00)
Visit Arrow Bookstore to order this
and other resource

Copyright (c) 2021
All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 36 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 21 ... 36  Next