World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 14:56
Latest topics
» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 22:31 by Admin

» AISH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 22:28 by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 20:33 by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 20:28 by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 19:28 by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 19:04 by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 0:25 by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyToday at 0:08 by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 23:23 by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 23:19 by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 23:09 by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 22:57 by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 22:31 by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 22:13 by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 22:00 by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 23:29 by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 22:40 by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024 - 18:38 by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 21:54 by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024 - 21:22 by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor). - Page 5 Empty Re: Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

Post  Admin Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 19:13

Dearly Beloved,

BE CLEANSED INSIDE AND OUT

“Then the Lord said to him, ‘Now you Pharisees make the outside of the cup and dish clean, but your inward part is full of greed and wickedness’” (Luke 11:39 NKJV).

How would you feel if get to a restaurant, ready to order for what you can eat, and you find out that the dishes and cup that the attendants are about to use to serve the food are only clean outside, but dirty inside? Would you allow them to use the half-clean utensils to serve you? Unfortunately, the Pharisees and many experts of the law while Jesus Christ was on earth were like those deceptive utensils.

After a teaching engagement of Jesus Christ, one of the Pharisees invited Him for a meal in his house. The Pharisee was surprised that Jesus Christ did not follow the traditions of ceremonially washing His hands before the meal. He expressed his surprise. However, Jesus Christ compared him and other religious leaders to utensils that were clean outside but dirty inside. The Pharisees and other religious leaders were clean outside in their outward religious and ceremonial activities, but their lives were full of wickedness and greed against their fellow human beings. Jesus Christ did not spare them as He condemned them for this hypocritical lifestyle. He wanted them to live a life of honesty that will show concerns for less privilege and be acceptable to God.

It is unfortunate that many people nowadays are like the Pharisees. They are outwardly religious, but inwardly not spiritual. Such people cannot deceive God with religious activities. Prophet Micah put it in other words: “[God] what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” (6:8 NKJV). Do not be a modern-day Pharisee. Be cleansed inside and out. Do not be only religious outwardly. Be genuinely spiritual inwardly by acting honestly in your service to God and humanity.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will not only be religious outwardly but also be genuinely spiritual inwardly in your dealing with God and other people around you.
https://groups.io/g/spiritualdigest
https://www.facebook.com/afolabayo 

"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21 NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 23:26

1a.
ALLOW GOD TO CUT AND SEW YOU
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 10:41:43 PDT
Dearly Beloved,

ALLOW GOD TO CUT AND SEW YOU

“But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like launderers’ soap. He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer to the Lord an offering in righteousness” (Malachi 3:2-3 NKJV).

In spite of the fact that my daughter is an undergraduate studying a promising course in one of the reputable universities, she is still learning how to sew clothes during the holidays. She brought a piece of cloth home one day and she began to cut it into pieces. As I watched her cutting the material, I got an inspiration that that is how the Lord also cut His creatures into pieces to “sew” them together to make a beautiful “dress”. Just as a piece of cloth is almost worthless until it is cut and sewn to become something admirable, man should submit himself to the cutting and sewing of God through many seemingly unpleasant situations in life to become who God wants to make him in life.

Prophet Malachi gave a similar picture of God in his book when he presented God as a refiner who deliberately cast raw piece of gold into the burning flame to refine the gold in order to become an adorable precious ornament (see Malachi 3:2-3). Despite the fact that the context of this passage was that of judgment, yet, that is exactly what God does to His creatures. God may do this by allowing other men to “maltreat” His creatures, but it is for a purpose that will bring glory to His name (compare Psalm 66:12). No wonder, Apostle Paul declared, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28 NKJV).

In what ways are you being “cut” and “sewn” in your journey of life? What seems like fire that is “burning” you presently? Do not be dismay. It is for a purpose! God is using the seemingly unpleasant situation to refine you and make you become adorable precious person in His sight and in the world. Endure and allow Him to make you what He wants through the seemingly unpleasant situation. You will become refined and people will admire you and give glory to God for your life.

In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray for the grace to endure any seemingly unpleasant situation till God manifest Himself through the situation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 13:56

YOUR DIVINE PURPOSE WILL BE FULFILLED
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 10:38:58 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
YOUR DIVINE PURPOSE WILL BE FULFILLED
“But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive” (Genesis 50:20 NKJV).
Joseph was a favoured child among the children of Jacob. God had special plans for his life. His brothers had known these, and they were not happy with it. They looked for means to thwart these divine plans in his life. They eventually had the opportunity, and they first threw Joseph into a pit before they sold him into slavery in Egypt. Joseph was wrongly accused of sexual assault on his master's wife, and he was thrown into prison. In spite of his goodwill to other prisoners, he was forgotten and abandoned in the prison for years. However, all these seemingly bad players and situations in Joseph's life played vital roles though negatively to make Joseph fulfil his destiny.
At times, God allows people to play seemingly bad roles in a person's life to make that person fulfil his divine destiny. Due to the negative actions of these people, the person may experience many unpleasant situations. However, no matter what, the purpose and plan of God for the person will finally come to pass.
Are you experiencing unpleasant situation at the moment? Does it seem as if people are doing bad things against you? Do not be discouraged. God is using those seemingly bad people and bad situations to make you fulfil your divine purpose in life. Apostle Paul declared: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28 NKJV). Do not hate those seemingly bad people or wish them ill luck. As Joseph outlived his bad and unpleasant situations, you also will outlive your bad and unpleasant situations. As the seemingly bad people in the life of Joseph lived to witness the fulfillment of his divine purpose, those seemingly bad people in your will live long to witness your greatness in life. In fact, the Lord will prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies, and anoint your head with oil, and your cup will run over (see Psalm 23:5). Come what may, your divine purpose will be fulfilled in Jesus’ name. Amen.
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray for the grace to be able to stand in spite of bad situations in your life till the divine purpose for you is fulfilled.  
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 19:22

Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 10:36:16 PDT
Dearly Beloved,

WHAT IS SPECIAL IN THE LAST FOUR MONTHS OF THE YEAR?

“See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:15-16 NKJV).

There are some people I usually call by phone every Sunday morning to ask about their wellbeing. Being elderly ones, some of these people normally pray for me and my family members as we exchange pleasantries. As I called one of them last Sunday, one of her prayer points is that as we go into the last four months of the year (what some people refer to as "ember months"), evil things will not happen to me and all the members of my family. I said Amen to the prayer. However, I wondered aloud why some people give undue attention to the last four months of the year and think that they have more evil occurrences than the first eight months.

Apostle Paul admonished, “See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil” (Ephesians 5:15-16 NKJV). Jesus Christ had earlier asserted “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble” (Matthew 6:34 NKJV). All days are indeed evil. It is only God that is saving us from these daily evils. Ascribing more evils to some months of the year or being too conscious of the months is not biblical. The Lord has promised to keep us all the days of our lives. We do not need panic about any month, week, day or time of the year. “He who keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and even forevermore” (Psalm 121:4-8 NKJV). These promises are explicit enough.

There is nothing special in the last four months of the year. You do not need to worry or fear about any “ember” month!  All days are evil. Redeem each day or make the right use of every opportunity you have. The Lord that has been taking care of us since the beginning of the year will continue to take care of us till the end of the year and beyond.

In His service,

Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)

Prayer Point: Pray for the continued protection of God over your life in the remaining months of this year and even beyond.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Aug 2021 - 15:33

Dearly Beloved,
I MUST TELL JESUS
“Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved” (Psalm 55:22 NKJV).
The author of the hymn “I MUST TELL JESUS”, Reverend Elisha Albright Hoffman (1839-1929) was pastor of a church in Lebanon, Pennsylvania, United States, when he visited a woman who had gone through many sorrows and afflictions. The woman was discouraged because of her predicament. With heavy heart she asked Reverend Hoffman what she would do. Hoffman encouraged her from the word of God and concluded that she cannot do better than to take all of her sorrows to Jesus. The woman was for a moment seemed to be lost in meditation, then her eyes lighted as she exclaimed, “Yes, I must tell Jesus.” As Reverend Hoffman left her home, he was inspired to write the wordings of the hymn.
As the woman exclaimed, Hoffman re-echoed many times in the hymn, “I must tell Jesus.” You must tell Jesus about all your trials because you cannot bear your burdens alone. Because He ever loves and cares for His own He will kindly help you in your distress. You must tell Jesus about all your troubles because He is a kind, compassionate Friend. He will surely deliver you if you ask Him, and quickly put an end to your troubles. The world may be alluring you to evil and tempting your heart to sin. You must tell Jesus, and He will help you to have victory over the world and its temptations.
No matter the situation you are passing through, tell it to Jesus. He said, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28 NIV). "If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink” (John 7:37 NIV). You can see similar calls in Psalm 37:5; Isaiah 50:10; 55:1-3; Jeremiah 33:3; Matthew 7:7-11; Luke 11:9-13; Philippians 4:6; 1 Peter 5:7).
This great hymn indeed reminds us of the need to rely on our wonderful Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, in every situation and trial of life. I must tell Jesus!
In His service,

Prayer Point: Lord Jesus, help me to always rely on You in every situation and trial of my life.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 17:10

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 11:16:45 PDT
Dearly Beloved,

DO YOU RECOGNIZE YOUR PURPOSE IN LIFE?

“John answered, saying to all, ‘I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandals I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire’” (Luke 3:16 NKJV).

One of the sayings of Rick Warren that fascinates me is, “Knowing your purpose gives meaning to your life. We were made to have meaning. When life has meaning, you can bear almost anything; without it, nothing is bearable.” This is very applicable to John the Baptist as reflected in the Bible verse above.

The people of Israel were in a period of uncertainty under the cruel leadership of the Romans. They were expecting the promised Messiah that would deliver them from this political bondage. Seeing John the Baptist preaching in the wilderness and baptizing people in the River Jordan made them to speculate whether he was the expected Saviour. Nonetheless, he recognized his calling, and he did not hesitate to disclose this to the people. Instead of pointing people to himself, he pointed them to Jesus Christ who would come after him. He made them realize that his baptism was the baptism of repentance, but the baptism of Jesus Christ goes beyond repentance. His baptism was physical, but Jesus’ baptism is spiritual. His baptism was a symbol of physical purification and cleansing. The Spirit of Christ cleanses and purifies the heart just as fire clears out the dross that is within, and melts down the metal, that it may be cast into a new mould. John the Baptist understood this in relation to his ministry and calling, and he was content with it. He even said further, “[Jesus Christ] must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30 NKJV). In everything he did, he pointed people to Jesus Christ.

Recognizing your calling and ministry will enable you to humble yourself and exalt Jesus Christ in your life. This will make other people to see Jesus in you and in what you are doing. Do you know your purpose in life? Do you recognize your unique ministry? Are you humble enough to point people to Jesus Christ instead of yourself? Recognize why you are here on earth, and use your life to glorify God. If you have not known the purpose why you are existing, or recognize your unique ministry or calling in life, take some specific steps like thinking and praying to recognize your purpose in life.

In His service,

Prayer Point: O Lord, let me recognize why You created me, and let me use my life to glorify You.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 15 Aug 2021 - 20:47

Dearly Beloved,
ANSWER ME, O MY GOD!
"Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; be gracious to me and hear my prayer" (Psalm 4:1 NASU).
The fourth psalm is attributed to King David. It is believed that he composed it, in relation with the third psalm, when he was in a trouble, probably when he fled from his son, Absalom. It is one the psalmist’s calls for help. He called on God to hear him. He also asked for the mercy of God. He expressed his confidence in God who has relieved him of his distress in the past, and believed that He can still do it again. He wondered why people that were persecuting him were doing so. However, he expressed once again his confidence in God who has chosen him. He admonished his foes to ponder about this and serve God in the right way and rely on Him instead of engaging themselves in wickedness. In spite his travail, David rejoiced in God because he knew that God had given Him joy that was more than that of his enemies. Therefore, he would have rest of mind even in his sleep because God was there to protect him.
What are you passing through at present? Are you been persecuted? Call unto God! He is ready to answer you. He has done it in past, and He can still do it again. Rely on Him, and He will give you rest from all your troubles. He promises, "...call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me" (Psalm 50:15 NIV). "He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him" (Psalm 91:15 NIV). "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" (Jeremiah 33:3 NIV).
In His service,
Prayer Point: Lord, I call on You today. Answer me and let the world rejoice with me.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 8 Aug 2021 - 21:57

ACCEPTING TROUBLES FROM GOD?
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2021 11:56:30 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
ACCEPTING TROUBLES FROM GOD?
“Job replied, ‘Don't talk like a fool! If we accept blessings from God, we must accept trouble as well.’ In all that happened, Job never once said anything against God” (Job 2:10 CEV).
Sometime ago in the “Spiritual Digest for the Day” – an aspect of my Internet ministry where I send out an inspiring quote with an almost corresponding Bible verse and a prayer/action for the day, I used the above verse. One of my contacts asked me these questions: “Does God bring troubles?” and “Should we accept troubles from God?” These questions will be the bases for my devotional thought this week. To Job in the Bible, God brought his troubles and he was ready to accept them because of his understanding of God. However, since we have the privilege of knowing what happened in the background, we know that God did not bring the troubles of Job. Satan did! Nevertheless, God allowed Satan to do so for a purpose: to prove the righteousness of Job.
In theology – the study about God and His relation with man, there is what is called “theodicy” – the goodness and justice of God in spite of evil in the world. The story of Job really illustrates this. God is good and just, but He allows evil by Satan and his cohorts for His divine purposes. Only those that have a shallow idea of God will blame God for the evil in the world. Expectedly, some have even because of the evil in the world declared that God does not exist. On the other hand, only a narrow-minded man like Job’s wife will think that evil will not or cannot happen to righteous people. There are two truths that one should bear in mind. One, since the Fall of Man in Genesis 3, this world is full of evil, but God assures us that the evil will not overcome us. Jesus Christ confirmed this when He told His disciples in John 16:33, “I have told you this, so that you might have peace in your hearts because of me. While you are in the world, you will have to suffer. But cheer up! I have defeated the world” (CEV). See also Deuteronomy 31:6-8; Psalm 23:4; 46:4-7; 91:15; Isaiah 43:1-2; 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. Two, God is working through the evil of the world to bring out the best out of His children. In Paul’s words, “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28 NIV). The analogy of a raw gold or silver that has to be refined in fire before it becomes valuable is a good example (see Psalm 66:8-12; Zechariah 13:9; Malachi 3:2-4; 1 Peter 1:6-9).
Therefore, to answer the two questions posed by that contact, God does not bring troubles, but He allows them and works through them to fulfill His purposes in our lives. Also, we must be ready to pass through any trouble that comes our way with the belief that God will bring us out of it and make us better in Him through the trouble.
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to accept any trouble and allow God to make stronger in Him through it. 
"I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21 NIV).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 21:48

Dearly Beloved,
HE SENT HIM THERE
"He sent a man before them—Joseph—who was sold as a slave. They hurt his feet with fetters, he was laid in irons" (Psalm 105:17-18 NKJV).
The story of Joseph has been one of the pathetic but interesting stories in the Bible. Joseph, a loved child, was hated by his elder brothers because of his destine. He was thrown to an empty cistern by these brothers who earlier planned to kill him. They sold him as slave to foreigners who took him to Egypt. In Egypt, he was sent to prison for a sin he did not commit. You can imagine the hardship he would have as a slave and a prisoner – the bruises of shackles in his feet, the pains of iron chains on his neck, etc. Even in prison, he was forgotten by those that should have rescued him from all these misfortunes. In spite of this, God was working behind the scene for his good. Remember that in each of these situations, the Bible records it that the Lord grant him favour in the eyes of everybody (see Genesis 39:4, 5, 21-23). In fact, he confirmed it to his brothers later that it was God that sent him ahead of them to Egypt to preserve lives (see Genesis 45:5-7; 50:20). Actually, Joseph's story was not a tragedy, for he was made the prime minister of Egypt the very day he was brought out of prison.
Think of yourself. What are you passing through? What is happening to you now that seems as misfortune? What shackles and irons of hardship are you experiencing now? Who knows, it may be God that sent you to this apparent misfortune to bring something good out of you. He may be purifying you as gold in fire of life so that you will come out more shining (see 1 Peter 1:6-7). The Psalmist corroborates this. Hear him: "For You, O God, have tested us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; you laid affliction on our backs. You have caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; but You brought us out to rich fulfillment" (Psalm 66:10-12 NKJV).
Beloved, no matter what you are passing through, God knows about it, and He has a purpose for allowing it. Paul confirms this in Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose" (NKJV).
He sent you there – for a purpose!
In His service,
Prayer Point: Lord, let the purpose of bringing me to my present situation come to pass in your own time in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Jul 2021 - 21:16

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT WENT WRONG?
"Asa did what was good and right in the eyes of the Lord his God" (2 Chronicles 14:2 NKJV).
"Then Asa was angry with the seer, and put him in prison, for he was enraged at him because of this. And Asa oppressed some of the people at that time" (2 Chronicles 16:10 NKJV).
Asa was one of good kings of Judah. The writers of the Scriptures chronicled his good deeds thus: he did what was good and right in the eyes of the LORD his God (2 Chronicles 14:2); he removed the foreign gods and the high places (2 Chronicles 14:3, 5); he expelled the male shrine-prostitutes from the land of Judah (1 Kings 15:12); he commanded the people of Judah to seek God and obey Him (2 Chronicles 14:4); he trusted God in time of war (verses 11); he repaired the altar of the LORD (2 Chronicles 15:8b); he led the people of Judah and even some from Israel to reestablish their covenant with God (2 Chronicles 15:10-14); he even deposed his grandmother Maacah from her position as queen mother because of her idolatry (2 Chronicles 15:16); and his heart was fully committed to the LORD all his life (2 Chronicles 15:17). Because of these, God gave him and his people rest on every side (2 Chronicles 14:6, 7). Even when somebody with a vast army waged war against him, God gave him a resounding victory with many plunders (2 Chronicles 14:9-15).
Nevertheless, his last years were a tragedy! He abandoned the almighty God for a mere man when another country waged war against him (2 Chronicles 16:1-6). When a prophet of God confronted him for his lack of trust in God, he was angry and put the prophet in prison (2 Chronicles 16:7-10). He also brutally oppressed some of his people (2 Chronicles 16:10b). When he was afflicted with a disease, he refused to seek God (2 Chronicles 16:12). He died in that disease!
One may wonder what actually went wrong in the life of Asa. Why did he start well and ended tragically? The writers of the Scriptures did not give a hint to his decadence. Apparently, his successes went to his head and he forgot his God.
This is a food for thought for all of us. Think about yourself. Are you serving God the way you used to serve Him some years ago? Are you not deteriorating in your devotion to God? What went wrong? You have to think about it in your relationship with God and “Consider your ways!" (Haggai 1:5, 7 NKJV).
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will always consider your ways that nothing will derail you from your good relationship with God.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Jul 2021 - 21:51

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST?
"But King Solomon loved many foreign women, as well as the daughter of Pharaoh: women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians, and Hittites.... his wives turned his heart after other gods; and his heart was not loyal to the Lord his God, as was the heart of his father David" (1 Kings 11:1, 4 NKJV).
He was the richest king in his time. There was, and still is, no one as wise as this king. God favoured him above all other kings. God had determined to establish his kingdom forever. However, because of what he loved, his kingdom crumbled.
That was king Solomon whom God endowed with greatness in wisdom, understanding and even wealth. Apart from the written Law of Moses that was guiding the people of Israel that he was leading, God appeared to him twice to warn him to keep these commands. Yet, Solomon loved foreign women and made them to turn his heart from his God.
Having many wives (especially foreign) for a king is not a new thing. It is a diplomatic way of establishing one's kingdom. Nevertheless, it is not the God's way. That way caused the fall of Solomon.
What do you also love most? The thing may be legitimate and permissible, but is it beneficial? Is it constructive? Is it God's will for you? Would God be happy with that thing that you love most?
Apostle Paul warned the Corinthians twice: “All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any” and “All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me,[b] but not all things edify” (1 Corinthians 6:12; 10:23  NKJV).
Be careful lest the thing you love becomes your master and turn you away from God.
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that what you love will not turn you away from your God.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 4 Jul 2021 - 23:35

Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2021 10:23:40 PDT

Dearly Beloved,
WHEN SUCCESS COMES
"So Moses brought Israel from the Red Sea; then they went out into the Wilderness of Shur. And they went three days in the wilderness and found no water. Now when they came to Marah, they could not drink the waters of Marah, for they were bitter. Therefore the name of it was called Marah" (Exodus 15:22-23 NKJV).
The people of Israel had just recorded a great success - God delivered them completely from the oppressing Egyptians by making them pass through the Red Sea on dry ground and completely drowning their foes in the sea (Exodus 14). They acknowledged this victory by singing songs of praise to the Lord (Exodus 15:1-21). However, immediately after leaving the Red Sea, they were confronted with a challenge - wandering in the desert for three days without finding water. Even when they eventually found one, they could not drink it because it was bitter. The reaction of the people of Israel showed that they could not manage their success neither could they rely on the source of the success. Nevertheless, the point of emphasis here is not about their reaction, but about the aftermath of the success.
The Bible is full of aftermaths of successes: Noah could not control himself at the first fruit of his labour after the flood (Genesis 9); Abraham was asked to sacrifice the son he had in his old age (Genesis 22); the people of Israel went through River Jordan on a dry ground into the waiting hands of the hostile Canaanites (Joshua 3-10); Gideon fell into the sin of idolatry after God gave him and the people of Israel victory over the oppressing Midianites (Judges 8:22-27); Samson failed to manage his many successes over the rampaging Philistines and eventually fell into their hands (Judges 14-16); Samuel was a successful minister of God, but he could not train his children the ways of the Lord (1 Samuel 7:13-8:3); Saul was overcome by covetousness after his success over the Amalekites (1 Samuel 15); David fell into the sins of adultery and murder after God had established his kingdom (2 Samuel 11); in spite of his wisdom, Solomon loved and married many foreign women to his peril (1 Kings 11); of note was Uzziah whose success made him to go against the law of God (2 Chronicles 26:16-21). The list cannot be exhausted.
Do you know that success is not the end of the story in your life? Do you always prepare to manage the aftermath of your success? When success comes, be ready to face more challenges. Such challenges may be positive or negative. 
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that God will enable you to handle the challenges after your successes successfully.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Jun 2021 - 19:16

WILL JESUS FIND US WATCHING?
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 14:15:13 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
WILL JESUS FIND US WATCHING?
"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming” (Matthew 25:13 NKJV).
The story of the Ten Virgins is one of the popular parables of Jesus Christ. It tells of ten virgins that were waiting for a bridegroom. Interestingly, five of these virgins were wise by having oil in their jars along with their lamps while the other five were foolish by not having extra oil thereby not preparing for any eventuality. The bridegroom delayed in coming and arrived late in the night. The prepared wise virgins could accompany the bridegroom to the wedding banquet while the foolish ones missed the banquet because they were not adequately prepared.
It was probably this Bible story that motivated the famous blind hymn writer, Frances J. Crosby (also known as Fanny Crosby), to compose the hymn “WILL JESUS FIND US WATCHING?” in 1875. The words of the hymn attest to this. Crosby asked that will Jesus find us faithfully watching with our lamps all trimmed and bright when He comes to reward His servants whether it is noon or night. Can we say we are ready for the soul’s bright home? If Jesus shall call us one by one at the dawn of the early morning to restore our talents back to Him, will He be able to say “Well done” to us? We shall have a glorious rest if there is nothing in our hearts to condemn us after we have been true to the trust He left us and have sought to do our best. Blessed indeed are those whom the Lord finds watching because they shall share in His glory. However, the big question is, “If He shall come at the dawn or midnight, will He find us watching there?”
So are you really ready if Jesus Christ should return today?  Or are you like the foolish virgins in the biblical story? Jesus Christ will come back one day. It may be now, it may be later. The fact that He has not come for the past two thousand years does not negate the certainty of His coming. Are you ready for His coming? Will He find you watching?
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ will not meet you unprepared.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 21:55

Dearly Beloved,
WHAT ARE YOU STRUGGLING FOR IN LIFE? (in honour of late Mrs. Lanre Taiwo)
“'Vanity of vanities,' says the Preacher; 'Vanity of vanities, all is vanity.' What profit has a man from all his labor in which he toils under the sun?" (Ecclesiastes 1:2-3 NKJV).
I was devastated when one of my friends informed me about the death of Mrs. Bosede Lanre Taiwo (July 13, 1969-June 10, 2021). Here was an accomplished professional editor and Yoruba translator who aspired to become a practicing lawyer in her late 40's. She was about achieving that aspiration before the cold hands of death caught her after a brief illness. O, a struggling mother of two who lost her dear husband six years ago has gone to be with her husband in the world beyond leaving her two children and other loved ones behind.
I asked myself as I heard the sad news, "Why are we struggling to become somebody in life if death would come any day to truncate all the aspirations of life?" Would it not be better to stop toiling in life and be expecting the uncertain day of death that will certainly come one day? Why does God conceal what will happen in the future to man? Probably, the struggle of life will be minimal if man is in the know of what will become of him in the next second talk less of the near future.
However, in spite of the fact that a “man who is born of woman is of few days and full of trouble" (Job 14:1 NKJV), yet, man has to struggle to become somebody in life. Man has to toil to have positive impacts in the lives of people that come his way. Above all, man has to struggle to live to glorify God in life and also in death. Man’s struggle in life must not be so self-centred that he forgets to impact the lives of other people positively and to live to the glory of God. Either one lives to the fullest old age in life or one dies as a young man, the impacts that one has on people will be the legacy that one will leave behind, not the personal accomplishments in life. Academic, professional, and other personal achievements in life are worthless when one dies. Living for the glory of God is another important thing that should be paramount in one’s struggle in life (1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:23). This will make one’s death to be a gain (Philippians 1:21).
It is certain that one will die one day, though the actual day may not be known. What are you struggling for in life? If you die today, what will you leave behind as your legacy? What will people remember you for?
Adieu Lanre Taiwo!
In His service,

Prayer Points:
1.      Pray that you will not be self-centred, but always struggling to positively impacts the lives of people around you, and be living to give glory to God.
2.      Pray for the two children and other loved ones that late Mrs. Lanre Taiwo left behind for God’s comfort, care and guidance.

NB: This message is dedicated to late Mrs. Bosede Lanre Taiwo (July 13, 1969-June 10, 2021).
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 21:54

Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2021 13:05:36 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
IT IS FOR YOUR GOOD!
"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome" (Jeremiah 29:11, AMP).
"It is good that one should hope in and wait quietly for the salvation (the safety and ease) of the Lord" (Lamentations 3:26, AMP).
I learned more lessons of life sometimes ago when my wife decided to nurture some chicks that suddenly became motherless through the mysterious death of their mother hen. One of such lessons is the way God handles our situation, especially when we do not like such way.
My wife did not allow the motherless chicks to move freely around outside our residence when she is not at home to monitor their movement. Therefore, she used to confine them to an enclosure. Whenever this happens, they normally made pathetic noises. The moment they were released, the joy of freedom was seen in them as they moved freely around our courtyard to look for what they could eat on their own. One day, when my wife was not at home, out of pity for these chicks, one of our children released them from their enclosure. Alas, one of the chicks fell prey to a hawk. If the other chicks could reason, they would have blamed the person that carelessly released them, and appreciated my wife that always confines them to safety and allows them to move out freely under her watchful eyes. They would have known that their confinement was for their good.
God, at times, relates with us in a similar way! He "confines" us into His will and purpose so that no evil will befall us. He releases us to be free to do what we want when He knows that there is no danger ahead of us, or when He is ready to watch over us. In such cases of "confinements," we may be groaning and praying that He should release us, but He will not if it is not for our good. Any attempt for us to do things against His will and purpose may have adverse consequences.
Have you been praying that God should do something for you, and He has not done it? Probably He is keeping you in His will and purpose for your life, and waiting for the appropriate time to answer the prayer in His own way. Do not be dismayed. It is for your good!
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will continue to appreciate the care of God for your life even when it seems it is not convenient for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 30 May 2021 - 13:42

Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 13:51:46 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
ABIDE WITH ME
“And they constrained him, saying, Abide with us; for it is toward evening, and the day is now far spent. And he went in to abide with them” (Luke 24:29 ASV).
One of English favourite hymns is “ABIDE WITH ME” composed by Henry Francis Lyte (1793-1847), an Anglican clergyman who served nearly half his life as vicar of a church at Brixham, England. According to history, Lyte composed the hymn on the afternoon of the Sun­day he gave his fare­well ser­mon in the par­ish he served so ma­ny years. It was as if he was prepared to die that day as he battled the deadly disease of tu­ber­cu­lo­sis. He died few weeks later.
The hymn is lovely in both language and sentiment. However, it seems odd that a hymn about death could become as popular as this one.  On closer reflection on the hymn, the reason seems clear because the hymn speaks to us, not only about death, but also about life.  It assures us of God's presence and help in life and in death. The hymn is a hymn of hope in God who can abide with one in whatever situation even when all hope is lost and seemingly earthly helpers fail to help. The hymn is a hymn of peace and comfort. The world may be unstable and unreliable, but the hymn reassures us that the unchangeable God will abide with us. The hymn reminds us of the need for the presence and grace of God in every passing hour. These can foil the power of the devil. Because the Lord is there to abide with us and bless us, there is no need of fear of any foe, sickness or even death.
In spite of his deteriorating health, Henry Francis Lyte could compose this inspiring hymn because he had put his trust in God. He was ready to die because he had surrendered his life to God and allowed Him to abide with him. The two disciples on the way to Emmaus invited Jesus Christ to abide with them, and they experienced Him more (see Luke 24:28-35). Only those who put their trust in God and invite Him to abide with them can enjoy His presence and grace both in life and in death. Such people will be able to say like Apostle Paul, “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain” (Philippians 1:21 ASV).
Lord, abide with me!
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the Lord will help you to allow Him in your life to abide with you so that you can experience His presence and grace both in life and in death.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 23 May 2021 - 19:31

WHEN IT SEEMS THERE IS NO MORE HOPE
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 13:22:21 PDT
 Dearly Beloved,
WHEN IT SEEMS THERE IS NO MORE HOPE
"While Jesus was still speaking, some men came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. ‘Your daughter is dead,’ they said. ‘Why bother the teacher any more?’ Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, ‘Don't be afraid; just believe’" (Mark 5:35-36 NIV).
The daughter of a synagogue ruler was dying. The man came to Jesus Christ and pleaded that Jesus should come and heal her. Jesus responded immediately to the distressed call and followed the man to his home. However, there was an interruption on the way: another woman tapped a healing from Jesus Christ by mere touching His clothes. As Jesus was apparently pointing out the miracle to people that were following Him, some men came from the synagogue ruler’s house to tell him the sad news: his daughter was dead, and there was no need of bothering Jesus to come and heal her. To those men, there was no more hope for the daughter and her father. Nevertheless, Jesus encouraged the ruler, and went with him to his house to do the unexpected: raising the daughter from the dead!
At times, many people have found themselves in similar situations. They might have been praying to God for a particular thing. It seemed that He was about to answer their prayers, and alas, the unexpected happened. It seemed that there was no more hope. In fact, such people might have lost hope in the situation. Such situation might have led such people to be angry with God or even deny His existence. Why would He allow the situation to become hopeless? Why could He not act fast and demonstrate His power to save the situation?
Well, as Jesus did not focus on the seemingly hopeless situation of the synagogue ruler, but rather encouraged him not to be afraid but to believe in God, such people ought not to focus on their seemingly hopeless situation, but on God who is able to do all things. Jesus told Martha (another woman in a similar situation), "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" (John 11:40 NIV).
Are you in similar situation? Does it seem that there is no more hope for you? Have people around you written you off? Jesus is telling you today, "Don’t be afraid; just believe." He can turn that seemingly hopeless situation to a testimony. When it seems there is no more hope, just believe in Him and you will see the glory of God. You will indeed testify to His goodness over that situation in Jesus’ name. Amen.
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the Lord will arise to your situation when it seems there is no more hope for you.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 May 2021 - 22:05

WHERE ARE YOU?"
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 10:27:47 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
"WHERE ARE YOU?"
“And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. Then the Lord God called to Adam and said to him, 'Where are you?' So he said, 'I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself’” (Genesis 3:8-10 NKJV).
This question "Where are you?" supposedly was the first question God asked the first man - Adam. The question led to other series of questions. Does it mean that the omniscient God did not really know where Adam was? If He knew, why was He asking Adam where he was? Why did He not bring Adam out of where he was hiding? Why did He want Adam to expose himself? Why did God have to ask other questions in Genesis 3:9-13? God did not ask these questions because He needed information. Being the omniscient God, He knows everything. Rather, He asked the questions for the good of Adam and his wife to give them the opportunity to face facts, be honest, and confess their sins. Unfortunately, both Adam and Even tried to defend themselves by shifting the blame to others (see Genesis 3:11-13). This made God to pronounce severe judgments on them. Probably if they had admitted their errors and asked for forgiveness, God would had forgiven them.
Many people deliberately sin and think that they can hide from God. In His graciousness, God is asking them, "Where are you?" However, like Adam, they are still not admitting their wrongdoings. In fact, many would rationalize the wrongdoings. They see God as an intruder who does not want them to live their lives as they want. Some people sin unintentionally and God would ask them, "Where are you?" He is doing this in order to bring them back to their senses. He wants them to be honest with themselves and ask for forgiveness. Only few people do admit their sins and come boldly to God for forgiveness.
God is still asking you, "Where are you?" Will you admit your sins and ask for His forgiveness or will you rationalize your wrongdoings before Him? The Bible says, “He who conceals his sins does not prosper, but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy” (Proverbs 28:13 NIV. See also Leviticus 26:40-42; 1 Kings 8:48-49; Jeremiah 3:12-13; 1 John 1:8-10). God is looking for people that will come boldly to Him to admit their sins and ask for His forgiveness. Will you come to Him NOW? "Where are you?"
In His service,
Prayer Point: Pray that you will not rationalize your wrongdoings but always come to God for forgiveness.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:13

Dearly Beloved,
TAKE CARE OF YOUR PARENTS
"When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom He loved standing nearby, He said to His mother, `Dear woman, here is your son,' and to the disciple, `Here is your mother'" (John 19: 26-27 NIV).
When Jesus Christ was crucified, many people came to witness the incident. The women that had been with Jesus Christ since the time He was in Galilee also were there. They stood by the cross. Among them was His mother. When He saw her and the disciple He had loved, He made this declaration, "Dear woman, here is your son …Here is your mother." The declaration is an expression of concern for the care of Jesus' parent, even on the cross. The fact that Jesus referred to his mother as "woman" and not "mother" has made some of His critics to accuse Him of disrespecting His mother. However, the expression was common in His time and it was never regarded as a sign of disrespect. His regard for His mother made Him to hand her over to one of His trusted disciples for proper caring. He wanted her to see the disciple as her son and the disciple to see her as his mother, and thereby take good care of her. The disciple understood Him and immediately took her to his own home.
The implication of this declaration is that children should take good care of their parents, even when it is difficult for them to do so. Jesus Christ had earlier condemned the act of neglecting one's parents in the course of serving God (see Matthew 15:4-6; Mark 7:10-13). The fifth commandment had enjoined commitment to parents as a religious duty (Exodus 20:12; Deuteronomy 5:16). For a child not to take good care of his/her parents especially when they are old is a sin.
Jesus Christ took care of His parent in His dying moment. Are you taking good care of your parents? Will they be able to pray for and bless you at the point of their death because of your care?
As some parts of the world celebrate the Mother’s Day this weekend, make it a point of duty to take care of, not only your mother, but your both parents. If they are no more, look for people that you can care for in honor of your departed parents. Happy Mother’s Day!
In His service,

Prayer Points:
1. Lord, help me so that I will always take good care of my parents in their old age.
2. Help my children to be able to take good care of me in my old age.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 21:27

Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 13:45:05 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
I AM THINE, O LORD
“Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water” (Hebrews 10:22 NKJV).
The hymn, “I AM THINE, O LORD”, written by Fanny Jane Crosby (1820-1915) is one of the most popular hymns of consecration. It was composed out of inspiration from the discussion of the blind Crosby and William Doane about the blessedness of enjoying the nearness of God. As they were discussing at length about this, Crosby started writing the words of the hymn - line by line, verse by verse, and then the refrain. Doane later arranged the stanzas and composed the tune.
Like so many of Crosby’s hymns, this hymn is written in the first person - a personal testimony of her relationship with Christ. Stanza one begins with a total surrender to Christ and the desire to be closer drawn to God. The second stanza aptly draws upon the closeness of this relationship as a thrust of service, a desire for consecration to the service of Lord. Stanza three defines the relationship further as one centred in prayer. In the final stanza, Crosby acknowledges that her relationship will not be complete until she reaches heaven and then she will find rest in peace with God. The refrain is the focal point around which the stanzas all connect.
This hymn is indeed a hymn of consecration. Do you really belong to God? How close are you to Him? Are you ready to totally surrender yourself for the service of the Lord? If the blind Fanny Jane Crosby could make this commitment in spite of her predicament, it is a big challenge to the contemporary Christian to commit him/herself to God no matter the situation. Apostle James summed it up: “Draw near to God and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8 NKJV).
In His service,
Prayer Point: Sincerely commit yourself to God and ask Him to consecrate you for His service.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Apr 2021 - 22:58

Dearly Beloved,
WHERE IS YOUR GOD?
“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24 NKJV).
Ordinarily, a simple answer to the question “Where is God?” is God is in heaven. The psalmist confirmed this: “our God is in heaven” (Ps 115:3 NKJV. See also Psalm 2:4; 14:2; 18:13; 20:6; 33:13; 123:1). However, God is omnipresent and everywhere. This was what Jacob discovered on his way to Panda Aran when he was running away from Esau, his brother (see Genesis 28:16). The psalmist also confirmed this elaborately in Psalm 139. Other Bible references that attest to the omnipresence of God are Deuteronomy 4:39; 10:14; Proverbs 15:3; Isaiah 66:1; Jeremiah 23:23-24; Amos 9:2.
The doctrine of omnipresence of God is both comforting and frightening. It is comforting because it assures the believer that God is at hand to save His people anywhere from any danger or foe (see Isaiah 43:2). No wonder, the psalmist could say, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; FOR YOU ARE WITH ME; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4 NKJV emphasis mine). However, it is frightening because no one has any hiding place from the presence of God and nothing is secret to Him. The psalmist emphasized this in Psalm 139.
Another fact that many people have not understood is that the omnipresence of God connotes that the actual nearness of God and a real communion with Him may be enjoyed everywhere, even apart from the places hallowed for such purpose. So, one does not need to get to a particular place before one commune with or worship God. The Samaritan woman in John 4 did not understand this, and she was arguing with Jesus Christ about where one should worship God. Jesus’ response corrects the erroneous belief of the woman and many other people nowadays that think that they cannot commune with or worship God until they get to a particular location.
Where is your God? Do you realize that He is with you and that you can commune with or worship Him anywhere? God is everywhere and He desires that people relate with Him anywhere they are.
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to relate with omnipresent God regardless of wherever you are. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Apr 2021 - 17:06

TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS!
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 12:28:48 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
'TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS!
"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, and am not silent. Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel. In you our fathers put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them. They cried to you and were saved; in you they trusted and were not disappointed" (Psalm 22:1-5 NIV).
The story of Louisa M. R. Stead (1850–1917) touched my heart the day I read it. She was relaxing with her husband and their four-year-old daughter on beach when they heard a desperate boy’s cry. The boy was drowning, and Louisa’s husband tried to rescue him. In the process, however, the boy pulled Mr. Stead under the water, and both drowned as Louisa and her daughter watched. Louisa Stead was left with no means of support except the Lord. She and her daughter experienced dire poverty. One morning, when she had neither funds nor food for the day, she opened the front door and found that someone had left food and money on her doorstep. That day she wrote the hymn, "TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS."
Many people, including me, have trusted Jesus Christ in the time of needs, and He has proved Himself by miraculously meeting the needs. He never disappoints those who genuinely trust in Him. In spite of his predicament, the psalmist in Psalm 22 recounted how God has saved those that trusted in Him. No wonder, Louisa Stead could write, "Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him; how I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er! Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus! O for grace to trust Him more."
Total trust in Jesus Christ will lead to the Lord’s unfailing love (Psalm 32:10), perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3), blessings (Isaiah 57:13), happiness (Proverbs 16:20), joy in the Lord (Psalm 5:11; 33:21), fulfilment of godly desires (Psalm 37:5), deliverance from enemies (Psalm 37:40), safety in times of danger (Proverbs 30:25), stability (Psalm 125:1), prosperity (Proverbs 28:25), etc.
What is your own predicament? Does it seem that God has forsaken you? Have you put your total trust in Jesus Christ? He will meet you at the point of your need. Trust Him! You also will sing like Louisa Stead, "TIS SO SWEET TO TRUST IN JESUS."
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that you will be able to put your trust in Jesus and enjoy the sweetness in trusting Him.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 4 Apr 2021 - 22:46

Dearly Beloved,
DO YOU RECOGNIZE HIM?
“‘Woman," [Jesus] said, ‘why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?’ Thinking he was the gardener, [Mary Magdalene] said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him’” (John 20:15 NIV).
This year Easter season has come and gone, but many lessons are to be learnt from the events that surrounded the season. One of the lessons has to do with Mary Magdalene. Here was a woman that once possessed seven demons before Jesus cast them out of her (see Luke 8:2). Here was a woman that devotedly followed and supported Jesus in His earthly ministry (see Luke 8:3). Here was a woman that identified with Jesus in His suffering and death on the cross (see Matthew 27:55; Mark 15:40). Here was a woman who with other women monitored the burial of Jesus while His disciples were nowhere to be found (Mark 15:47). Here was a woman who with other women arose early on the first day of the week to go and anoint the corpse of Jesus (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:1) and even stayed behind to weep profusely for the seemingly “lost” corpse (John 20:11). What a devoted woman!
Nonetheless, the sorrow that overwhelmed Mary Magdalene did not let her recognize Jesus Christ when He appeared to her. She thought that He was a gardener! She could recognize Jesus only when Jesus called her by name. Interestingly, some of the disciples that went to fish after the resurrection also did not recognize Jesus until He performed a miracle (see John 21:1-7).
On many occasions, we allow our circumstances to blind us from recognizing the fact that God is with us even in those circumstances. The psalmist said, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, FOR YOU ARE WITH ME; your rod and your staff, they comfort me” (23:4 NIV emphasis mine). The psalmist recognized God even in his circumstance, and he put his trust in Him.
What are you passing through at the moment? Are you so overwhelmed with the situation that you do not recognize God in it? It may seem as if He is not there, but God is indeed nearby to help you out of the situation  because  He “...is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” (Psalm 46:1 NIV).
In His service,

Prayer Point: Help me Lord that my circumstance will not blind my eyes to recognize You in the circumstance.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Mar 2021 - 21:21

Dearly Beloved,
THE TRIUMPHANT ENTRY: ANY SIGNIFICANCE?
(Text: Luke 19:28-40)
Palm Sunday, the annual celebration before Easter Sunday commemorates the triumphant entry of our Lord Jesus Christ into Jerusalem. The event happened on the first day of the Passion Week. The name "Palm Sunday" comes from John 12:13, "They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, 'Hosanna?'" (NIV). The celebration started around 3rd-4th century AD. However, does the event have any significance for us today? Can we learn any lesson from it?
This event demonstrates humility and peace by Jesus (verse 30). Jesus opted to enter Jerusalem on a donkey (see Matthew 21:2), not a horse. Donkey and colt symbolize humility and peace while horse is usually associated with power and war. The outcomes of His option were honor and glorification (verses 37, 38; John 12:19). The Christian message is not of force or domineering, but a message of peace (see Ephesians 6:15), because "...everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted" (Luke 18:14 NIV).
The event amplifies total surrender (verse 35). The owners surrendered the colt to the strangers that came to untie it. Likewise, the colt allowed itself to be used by Jesus to ride on it. We should also be ready to surrender our possessions and even ourselves totally for the Master's use.
The aftermath of the submission is another significance - unmerited honor (verses 35, 36). It is unusual to saddle a donkey or a colt, but because of the submission of the colt, it was saddled and it became an instrument for Jesus Christ. The colt received part of the honor done to Jesus by people. Anyone that surrenders his/her life to Jesus will also experience the grace - the unmerited favor - granted by God (see Ephesians 1:3-4; 2:4-8).
Furthermore, the unreliability and inconsistency of man were demonstrated in this event (verses 37-38). Less than a week after the event, the same Jerusalem crowd that was shouting "Hosanna!" to Jesus was also shouting, "Crucify Him!" (23:18-23). Jesus was not surprised. He had earlier declared about them: "You bunch of hypocrites! Isaiah the prophet described you very well when he said, 'These people speak very prettily about the Lord but they have no love for him at all. Their worship is a farce?'" (Mark 7:6 TLB). Are you such a person?
Lastly, we see the need to be praising God always in this event (verses 38-40). Some of the Pharisees wanted Jesus to stop the people that were praising Him, but He told them a fundamental truth: "If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out" (Luke 19:40 NIV). This means that if we also refuse to praise God, He will raise other people, even stones to praise Him! May God not replace me with stones in His vineyard.
As we celebrate this year Palm Sunday, think of it: Do you know its significances? Do they have any impact in your life?
In His service,

Prayer Point: Pray that the significances of the triumphant entry of Jesus Christ into Jerusalem will have great impact in your life
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 21 Mar 2021 - 20:45

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 12:39:06 PDT
Dearly Beloved,
WAIT FOR GOD'S APPOINTED TIME
“Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways?" (Psalm 37:7 NIV).
After the disobedience of Saul to the command of God to totally destroy the Amalekites and his rejection as king of Israel by God, God sent Prophet Samuel to anoint David as the new king. David served King Saul for several years in spite of the fact that he knew that he was the rightful person approved by God to be the king of Israel. He fought many wars to the credit of Saul. Even when Saul hated him and sought to kill him, he did not try to retaliate and forcefully claim the throne. He had two good opportunities to kill Saul and become the king, yet he spared his life on the two occasions (1 Samuel 24, 26). He diligently waited for his time. The time eventually came when the men of his own tribe came and anointed him as king over them, and when the whole people of Israel came after some years to proclaim him king over the whole land (2 Samuel 2, 5). He waited for his appointed time.
In one of the Yoruba legends about destine, a man has chosen before he came to the world that he would become affluent when he clocks the age of forty. When he came to the world, he began to struggle from one place to another in order to be rich. All his efforts were unsuccessful. He became a laughing stock among his contemporaries especially those that were successful in their undertakings. At age 39, when he could not bear the ridicules of his friends, he committed suicide. When he got to the gate of heaven, the gatekeeper looked at him with pity and led him to where the records of people's destinies were kept. When he saw his own record, he discovered that it remained only a year for him to become affluent. He begged the gatekeeper to allow him to go back to the world, but he did not have such opportunity any more. He did not wait for his appointed time.
While I do not believe in all such legends, there is a lesson in it - waiting for one's appointed time - the God's time that is the best. Has God promised you something? Do not be in haste to get the promise. Do not try to help God to fulfill the promise. Abraham and Sara tried to help God in fulfilling His promises for them. Their help nearly ruined their peaceful home (see Genesis 16, 21). Wait for God's appointed time. He will fulfill His promise in His own time in His own way. Even when it seems that the time does not come. Wait for God's appointed time. Do not lose hope. His appointed time for you will come!
"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, `He who is coming will come and will not delay'" (Hebrews 10:36-37 NIV).
In His service,

Prayer Point: Lord, help me to always wait for Your appointed time for my life._____________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next