World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Thu 01 Dec 2016, 11:42 pm

Date: December 1, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Topic: +DEV+ How Bad Is Sin?

How Bad Is Sin?

"I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sin." Psalm 38:18

Scripture Focus: Psalm 38

In this psalm David cries out to the Lord, lamenting the misery of his sin. Jonathan Edwards, in his famous sermon Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God, described sin as "the ruin and misery of the soul; it is destructive in its nature; and if God should leave it without restraint, there would need nothing else to make the soul perfectly miserable."

Sin ruins us. It destroys us and draws us away from the One who made us. The hidden offenses as well as the overt sins chip away at the beautiful creation God intended us to be. As ruinous as sin is to us, David had the right idea: confession, repentance, and looking to the Lord alone for mercy. Praise God that the One we offend is also the One quick to forgive our sins and heal our self-inflicted miseries.

The fact that sin is so awful on us mentally, physically, and spiritually is in itself a blessing. These are the pains we need to humble us and make us look up to God. Jesus befriends us at our worst, and when He does, He makes us purer than we ever thought possible.

Insight: Jesus' offer still stands, telling us, "come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 19 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Wed 30 Nov 2016, 9:19 pm

Date: November 30, 2016 at 3:54 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Sin and Salvation

Sin and Salvation

"The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away
the sin of the world!" John 1:29

Scripture Focus: John 1:29-34

In an article called "Cosmic Treason," theologian R.C. Sproul writes, "When we look at the ways in which the Scriptures describe sin, three stand out in importance. First, sin is a debt; second, it is an expression of enmity; third, it is depicted as a crime."

Sin is a debt we owe which we could never pay, to a God who is under no obligation to offer us terms to pay it back if we could. Second, sin is enmity. We, each of our own choosing, have lashed out at our Creator regardless of His beauty, kindness, and authority. Third, we are all criminals, guilty of breaking God's Law. Against Him we perpetrate these crimes. He deserves justice, just as we would were someone to commit a crime against us.

Paraphrasing John 1:29 with these terms helps us to consider more fully what Jesus has done. Look! The Lamb of God, who pays our un-payable debt, who comes and brings peace between sworn enemies, and who Himself, though innocent, is condemned and punished as guilty for the crimes and cosmic treason
of the world!

Insight: "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ..." (Ephesians 2:4-5)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Nov 2016, 11:47 pm

Date: November 28, 2016 at 1:23 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Our Cardinals

Our Cardinals

"Then Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Scripture Focus: John 6:32-35

Outside my window a cardinal scratches on the ground, hoping to find a seed dropped by the birds dining at the feeder above. Just above him on a little feeder lies a ring of sunflower seeds, his favorite treat. He could easily fly up onto that ring and have a feast instead of scrounging for a stray seed on the ground. But he doesn't seem interested in looking up. Sometimes he does.

The cardinal reminds me of myself at times. I'll spend hours reading the latest Christian novel, hoping to find a bit of wisdom about God or an insight into the Bible, when instead I could be feasting on the very Word of God sitting on the shelf beside me. When Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty," He wasn't merely talking about food and water. He was speaking of spiritual nourishment - which can come only from Him. Only He can answer the questions buried inside every human heart. Only He can supply our deepest needs. Look up! He has prepared a feast for your soul!

Insight: Feast on God's Word today and don't settle for less.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Nov 2016, 8:25 pm

Date: November 28, 2016 at 1:23 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Our Cardinals

Our Cardinals

"Then Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Scripture Focus: John 6:32-35

Outside my window a cardinal scratches on the ground, hoping to find a seed dropped by the birds dining at the feeder above. Just above him on a little feeder lies a ring of sunflower seeds, his favorite treat. He could easily fly up onto that ring and have a feast instead of scrounging for a stray seed on the ground. But he doesn't seem interested in looking up. Sometimes he does.

The cardinal reminds me of myself at times. I'll spend hours reading the latest Christian novel, hoping to find a bit of wisdom about God or an insight into the Bible, when instead I could be feasting on the very Word of God sitting on the shelf beside me. When Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty," He wasn't merely talking about food and water. He was speaking of spiritual nourishment - which can come only from Him. Only He can answer the questions buried inside every human heart. Only He can supply our deepest needs. Look up! He has prepared a feast for your soul!

Insight: Feast on God's Word today and don't settle for less.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Nov 2016, 8:51 pm

Date: November 23, 2016 at 2:52 AM
Topic: +DEV+ He Who Has Ears

He Who Has Ears

"He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 11:15; 13:9; 13:43

Scripture Focus: Matthew 13:1-9

I have witnessed God's transforming power in the hearts and lives of His people. Often I am stunned at the means He will use to draw His children close to Him. Turning jars of water into wine, calming the raging sea, casting out demons and raising the dead may not be the sort of wonders we see these days, but God is still in the business of working miracles.

Once I knew a pastor who had suffered a stroke and could speak only haltingly. I let him know how badly I felt for his losses, but in his passionate, labored speech, he said, "It's the best thing that could have happened to me." I said, "But why?" And he answered, "Because it's forced me to listen." He was excited to learn and gain wisdom from people he might have ignored in the past. He was forced to slow down and be still before the Lord. He noted that the Bible tells us eight times, "He who has ears, let him hear."

We all have the ability to listen. Let's not miss the teaching in His Word written just for us or the miracles He orchestrates daily right before our eyes.

Insight: Look and listen carefully; you may be able to discern where God is working miracles even today.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Nov 2016, 10:32 pm

Date: November 22, 2016 at 1:47 AM
Topic: +DEV+ True Love?

True Love?

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
...We love because he first loved us." 1 John 4:10, 19

Scripture Focus: 1 John 4:7-12

When we love someone, almost automatically we do several things to demonstrate it. We post their photos everywhere. We call and text them often. We tell other people about them. We delight in spending time with them and spending money on them.

But what does it look like when I am loving Jesus? Am I talking to Him in prayer and spending time with Him in His Word? Do I give money to help spread the Gospel? Am I telling others about Him and loving His people? All of these become sobering questions when I survey my life and my priorities.

Yet all of these thoughts about our loving or not-loving hearts are turned upside down when we read John's words. It's not about what we are doing... it's not about how well we demonstrate devotion to God. Thank heaven it is not, because every day we fall short or outright fail in following the biblical command to love the Lord and to love His people. His immense and perfect love for us spurs us on to being caring, self-sacrificing, and forgiving. We love entirely because He first loved us!

Insight: Admit how obvious it is that Jesus Christ loves you. Is it obvious to others that you love Him?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Nov 2016, 7:13 pm

Date: November 21, 2016 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Words from the Cross: Reunion

Words from the Cross: Reunion

"Jesus called out with a loud voice, Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." Luke 23:46

Scripture Focus: Luke 23:44-49

What would we do if one day at noon the whole world went dark? We'd stumble around, trying to remember where we left our flashlights. We'd be frantic, calling each other on our cell phones and trying to figure out what went wrong. 

On the day Jesus was crucified, the sun stopped shining for three hours. It wasn't a momentary blip that people could dismiss. It was three long hours. People must have been terrified, crying, clinging to each other - the Bible doesn't say. But one thing was clear: the Lord brought darkness upon the earth. Jesus was about to die. At last, quoting Psalm 31:6, He cried, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." 

He died quoting Scripture, just as He began His earthly ministry by quoting Scripture to Satan in the desert (Matthew 4:1-11). Store God's Word in your heart so it is at the ready for whatever you face each day. And let it remind you of your Savior who freely gave Himself for you, buying a true reunion between you and Him with the outrageous price of His precious blood.

Insight: "Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God." (Matthew 4:4)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Nov 2016, 6:50 pm

Date: November 17, 2016 at 3:34 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Words from the Cross: Triumph

Words from the Cross: Triumph

"When he had received the drink, Jesus said, 'It is finished.' With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." John 19:30

Scripture Focus: John 19:28-30

When you've finished a project, a feeling of accomplishment and triumph follows. Doesn't it feel great to cross a job off your list, to conclude a long assignment at work, or to put the final touches on something you've made? 

When Jesus declared, "It is finished," His words held finality and certainty beyond what we will ever know. He had done what He came to do. He had submitted to being born a baby, growing up in a human family, being filled with the Holy Spirit, preaching God's Word, teaching His disciples and dying on the cross. Finally, His earthly ministry and the physical suffering were over. 

God, in the form of a sinless man, died to pay the penalty for our sins: past, present and future. Our debt was paid in full. Because of Jesus' death and resurrection, we can be forgiven and spend eternity with Him. Other religions offer men ways to work themselves up to God. Only Christianity offers a Savior who came down to us. Other religions tell what man must DO, but in Christianity, it's already been DONE.

Insight: Jesus paid it all; all to him I owe; sin had left a crimson stain; He washed it white as snow. (Elvina M. Hall, 1865)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Nov 2016, 12:22 pm

Date: November 17, 2016 at 3:34 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Words from the Cross: Triumph

Words from the Cross: Triumph

"When he had received the drink, Jesus said, 'It is finished.' With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." John 19:30

Scripture Focus: John 19:28-30

When you've finished a project, a feeling of accomplishment and triumph follows. Doesn't it feel great to cross a job off your list, to conclude a long assignment at work, or to put the final touches on something you've made? 

When Jesus declared, "It is finished," His words held finality and certainty beyond what we will ever know. He had done what He came to do. He had submitted to being born a baby, growing up in a human family, being filled with the Holy Spirit, preaching God's Word, teaching His disciples and dying on the cross. Finally, His earthly ministry and the physical suffering were over. 

God, in the form of a sinless man, died to pay the penalty for our sins: past, present and future. Our debt was paid in full. Because of Jesus' death and resurrection, we can be forgiven and spend eternity with Him. Other religions offer men ways to work themselves up to God. Only Christianity offers a Savior who came down to us. Other religions tell what man must DO, but in Christianity, it's already been DONE.

Insight: Jesus paid it all; all to him I owe; sin had left a crimson stain; He washed it white as snow. (Elvina M. Hall, 1865)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.ht

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:21 pm

Date: November 16, 2016 at 2:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+  No More Tears

No More Tears

"You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." John 15:16

Scripture Focus: Revelation 21:1-5

You are His. He has gently and lovingly called you. He chooses, He calls, He provides, and we know His love will carry us beyond the disappointments and tears of this world. You are a steward of His love, called to carry it to your family members, neighbors, friends, even strangers. Your calling to bring Christ's love may mean traveling through this world in the strength and health He has granted you. Or it may mean finding a way to do so through agony, sickness, and disappointment. Either way, it will be in His strength that you can do all things (Philippians 4:13). 

I will be meeting my Friend someday. The same may be true for you. I cannot wait to look into His eyes and in one glance know such love. I have experienced it in glimpses and shadows here on earth, and I look forward to knowing it fully 
in eternity. 

Trust Jesus today. Live near to Him. Share Him. You will never regret investing in others for eternity. "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" (Jim Elliot, 1949).

Insight: Know Jesus, and I will meet you in eternity. God bless you, dear reader!

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Nov 2016, 10:54 pm

Date: November 14, 2016 at 3:02 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Give it Away

Give it Away

"My commandment is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

Scripture Focus: John 13:31-35

In the Pixar movie Wall-E, humans are depicted as pampered, gluttonous, and overfull of everything. They are not even required to walk. Machines carry them, feed them, provide for their every comfort. It's a sad but poignant image of the direction of society in this country. 

Now think of this in reference to Christians. We are fed to overflowing from troughs of teaching and exhorting. We sit, we enjoy, we feast on so much that our churches have to offer, but we are not slim and sleek from extending the love to others. Programs, events, meetings can all begin to fill us up and cause us to forget the people in need of Christ's love who may live right next door. 

If we are honest, we often feast without giving away the meal that is Jesus. We enjoy much nourishment each day in Him but withhold that love from the needy ones God has put in our path. Do you know the names of your neighbors? Do you have any idea of the deep cares and burdens of their hearts? Heed Jesus' command and love each other as He's loved you.

Insight: Jesus asks us to move from our comfort zones and into the exciting joy of sharing our faith.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 15, 2016 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ To be Called His Friend

To be Called His Friend

"You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends..."John 15:14-15)

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 11:23-26

What could be more comforting than to be called a friend of Jesus? There will come a time for each of us who are His children when we close our eyes for the last time on this earth and open them in eternity. Then we will hear with our ears when He calls us, "friend." A friend has sacred status with me. A friend is someone that has entrance into my heart. In friendship there is trust, sharing, and forgiveness. To be the friend of Jesus is to know all of those things in His perfection. 

Through the written Word of God and through the revelation of Himself in our world, we come to know our Lord. Jesus told the story, lived the life we couldn't, and died the death we deserved so that we can be called friends of God. We are no longer servants bound to the law, but sons and daughters bought by the blood of Jesus. 

Friends eat together; that's just one of the things we do. We are invited to dine with the Most High at the communion feast with Jesus as both host and meal. Do you know Him? I mean know Him, not simply know of Him. Is He your friend?

Insight: Lord, give me the strength to obey and the quiet heart to hear you. Help me to walk in your tender love. How I want to be your friend!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Nov 2016, 9:44 pm

Date: November 11, 2016 at 1:57 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Fullness of Joy

Fullness of Joy

"I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:11

Scripture Focus: Acts 16:25-34

From the outside of stories of great suffering, no one expects joy. Who would have expected to hear Paul and Silas singing songs at midnight while chained and thrown into a prison dungeon? Yet they did, and their joy was contagious, even to the jailer who came to Christ with his whole family. And "he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God" (Acts 16:34). Abiding, loving, obedience yields joy. And it's a joy not of this world. 

Together our family has struggled through my battle with cancer. But as we have done so, we have been in the path of streams of mercy, abiding peace, and amazing grace. Friends have joined us in our home and have marveled at the peace they enjoy as they share in our story and our joy. It doesn't make sense to those "on the outside." Usually it doesn't make sense to us, either. 

When it looks as if the end is near or that your days of trouble will not end soon, embrace the joy that Jesus offers you, joy that He will complete in you in His good timing and providence.

Insight: Joy in Christ does not depend on circumstances. Just watch and see how Jesus can turn your grief into joy.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Nov 2016, 8:54 pm

Date: November 10, 2016 at 2:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Father's Love

A Father's Love

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love." John 15:9

Scripture Focus: 1 John 4:7-12

When we know how the Father has loved the Son, we then know of Jesus' love for us. The very love communicated between God the Father and God the Son is the stunning love that Jesus extends to us. It is hard to grasp a love of such magnitude, yet this is what we are the recipients of. Meditate on it using the words of contemporary hymn writer Stuart Townend in a portion of his song, 

How Deep the Father's Love for Us (1995). 
“1. How deep the Father's love for us,/How vast beyond all measure/That He should give His only Son/To make a wretch His treasure. 
2. I will not boast in anything/No gifts, no power, no wisdom/But I will boast in Jesus Christ/His death and resurrection. 
3. Why should I gain from His reward?/I cannot give an answer/But this I know with all my heart/His wounds have paid my ransom. “ Stuart Townend

Jesus asks us to abide in His love. Many an earthly father has given a child a shadow of that unselfish, amazing love. Some certainly have not, and to all of those children, Christ beckons you to rest in His perfect love.

Insight: The world around us is desperate to know a totally unconditional love. You know the truth of where it is found... in 
Jesus Christ!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Nov 2016, 9:06 pm

Date: November 9, 2016 at 12:44 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Hard Answers
Hard Answers

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." John 15:7

Scripture Focus: Luke 11:5-10

Which phrase of the Bible verse printed above leaps out at you? Maybe it's the part about asking whatever you wish. Now those are words from the Lord we all like to hear, right? Doesn't that begin to characterize the God we like to think of... our supreme ruler hearing our cries and answering by giving whatever we wish? Thank goodness that is not an accurate depiction of our God. He knows our desires, and He knows what is best for us. 
The two are not always the same. 

Look at the "If" part of the verse. If we remain in Him and His words stay in us... So is it just some sort of simple exchange where we abide in Him and then we get the answer to prayer that we want? If only we could truly abide in Christ, know and embrace His words fully. Our sinful tendencies always get in the way. Some of our hopes just feel too large to even pray. As we do come closer to abiding in Him, we see that the ultimate prayer of "yes" in Jesus will always be true. 

Answers to our specific prayers may be "no." But we can live at peace with every answer 
that comes.

Insight: Even if the answer is "no" to my specific prayer, the answer will always be "yes" in Jesus.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Nov 2016, 8:45 pm

Date: November 7, 2016 at 2:14 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Painful Independence

Painful Independence

"If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned." John 15:6

Scripture Focus: Romans 12:1-3

Children are usually quite young when they first begin to insist to family members, "I can do it myself!" Have you noticed that we rarely grow out of that? The only difference is that we grown-ups shout these words to God! Today's Bible passage from John 15 is painful for the self-sufficient, self-assured person to read. 

The images of being thrown away, withering, and burning cause the independent person to want to look the other way. Yet it often takes being tossed, burned, and thrown away for us to see ourselves for what we are. We begin to learn that we actually are NOT the ones in control. We begin to look away from ourselves and onto Christ who was cast off and forsaken for us. Oh, my soul, the truth is painful: it's my own strength that needs burning away. 

The Lord will trim and prune away the places of your life where you live independent of Him. He may make a radical cut, or He may work more gradually. He will shape you into His artistry like a gardener who makes even the most unlikely plant or shrub appear beautiful.

Insight: Gentle Jesus, help us throw away our own pretending at faith and live in your abiding love. show us the weakness of our strength.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Nov 2016, 10:25 pm

Date: November 3, 2016 at 9:26 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Abiding In Christ

Abiding In Christ

"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." John 15:4

Scripture Focus: John 15:1-8

Trying to manufacture my own faith is as futile as trying to staple apples to a tree and calling it fruitful. I have tried and failed at producing what looks to be faith without resting in Jesus. I have lived in my own strength in ministry and nearly suffered complete burnout. Bouncing back and forth between great pride in my accomplishments and great despair in my failures may sound familiar to you, too. That kind of life - abiding in our own abilities rather than in Christ - will bring us to the end of ourselves in one way or another. 

Jesus loved me too much to let me remain in the confines of my own strength. Jesus brought beautiful brokenness into my life to teach me to lean deeply on His love for my strength. His comforting words from 2 Corinthians 12:9 echo in my mind: "My power is made perfect in weakness." When I lean on Jesus, He causes "fruit" in me to grow. And it's fruit He intends me to bear for His glory, not for my own. Fruit I try to produce on my own only proves to be rotten and useless.

Insight: Abide in Jesus. Do all it takes to put Him on the throne of your life, to submit to Him, and to revel in glorifying Him.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Nov 2016, 7:57 pm

Date: November 2, 2016 at 11:53 PM
Topic: +DEV+ My Only Hope

My Only Hope

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you." Psalm 73:25

Scripture Focus: John 6:60-69

This beautiful confession of David's reminds us of when Peter said centuries later, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life" (John 6:68). What a struggle it is for us to see beyond this place and this life... to imagine ourselves apart from our loved ones. We grip it all tightly, though there is beauty unending awaiting us in heaven. Do you trust the sovereignty of God that has exactly appointed each moment, even to your very last one? 

It's hard to pray this prayer with David when it seems there is much that I desire. I know the things I can see and feel and touch. But I also know that something greater awaits me. We can stake our whole lives on the Bible full of testimony of God's unfailing love for us and fulfilled promises to us. From the confidence we gain in the Word, may we all concur with the words of the writer of Amazing Grace, John Newton, spoken just before he died: "My memory is nearly gone. But I remember two things: that I am a great sinner... and Christ is a great Savior!"

Insight: Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and God will grow in you the desire for that marvelous place beyond this place.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Nov 2016, 11:08 pm

Date: November 2, 2016 at 2:33 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Carefully Kept

Carefully Kept

"Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand." Psalm 73:23

Scripture Focus: Psalm 73:15-28

I was once interviewed by a Christian radio show program, and the interviewer asked me to share a time I felt God's separation, His departure from my story. I sat silent. I have known disappointment in my life. I have grieved not getting the dream for myself I have wanted, but I have never known Jesus to leave me. 

God's Word brings us assurance: "...God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.' So we say with confidence, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid'" (Hebrews 13:5-6). Jesus does not ask any of us to walk the journey of our sufferings alone. He is the only One who could rightly cry out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" (Matthew 27:46)? God turned on His only Son - His perfect Son whose life and record of obedience was given for us - so that we would never be forsaken. 

His presence may seem faint or quiet at times, but it's never absent. He has always stayed near, sometimes uniquely reaching us through a song, a friend, a kindness. His Word guarantees we are carefully kept.

Insight: Do you know the continual love and presence of Jesus? He's the best pursuer I know.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Nov 2016, 6:19 pm

Date: November 1, 2016 at 3:59 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Unafraid

Unafraid

"I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you." Psalm 73:22

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1:18-22

There is nothing like a trial in your life to show you the reality of your heart. When I broke my back, that was true for me. My heart was ugly and hard, and I felt determined to overcome this. My military career was on the line. My pain and self sorrow did not deter the love of God. He met me as I looked with tears streaming down my face towards the Fort Huachuca mountains not far from our house. Even then I could tell God was going to bring me to the bottom of myself. 

Because God is faithful and has been through all of time, I trust His promises extended to me now. You and I can face trials unafraid and undaunted by our own sinful hearts, "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are 'Yes' in Christ" (2 Corinthians 1:20). Because of Jesus, we can make it through the day. "Because He lives/I can face tomorrow/Because He lives, all fear is gone;/Because I know He holds the future,/And life is worth the living,/Just because He lives" (Bill and Gloria Gaither, 1974). We can be assured He will care for us and our loved ones even after we've gone.

Insight: Don't be afraid to pour out your tears to Jesus. he is able to carry your burdens, though the situation looks impossible.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Oct 2016, 11:45 pm

Date: October 31, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Essence of Integrity

The Essence of Integrity

"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you." Psalm 25:21

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51

Truly upright people are hard to come by these days. We'd like to think that people of integrity would return a lost wallet, stand up for someone being harassed, be honest in situations where others would cheat. But we all know it is the exception rather than the rule that these would be true. 

We Christians are quick to assert that simply by walking in the footsteps of Jesus we can display an integrity that is unknowable in our own strength. Surely with the help of the Holy Spirit, we can be upright. Why, then, do we still stumble and fall? Why do we still find ourselves tumbling into situations we later regret? Our failures keep chasing after us. The picture of integrity seems to elude us. 

This is so because true integrity and uprightness are embodied in only one person: Jesus Christ. That is why David declares that his hope is in Him! If hope had to be placed in our own ability to live respectably, we would have no hope at all. The imparted righteousness of Jesus upon His children is our preserving strength.

Insight: Integrity is not a mantel meant to burden us, but a joy to share in a wandering and lost world. our true integrity is Christ!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Oct 2016, 5:31 pm

Date: October 28, 2016 at 1:43 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Resting in Redemption

Resting in Redemption

"Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins." Psalm 25:18

Scripture Focus: Luke 5:17-26

Even when we find ourselves immobile in affliction and distress, sin is not far behind. Worry, self-pity, or disappointment can overtake us. Jesus understands our struggles. He came to offer forgiveness, and it extends to the outright offenses of the vicious killer as well as to the secret sins of a dear one on his or her deathbed. Christ has washed over it all! 

Remember the paralyzed man whose friends lowered him through the roof of the crowded building so that he could be healed? Jesus forgave his sins before healing his paralysis, didn't He? Many may have thought that the poor fellow who couldn't even move could not possibly have sinned. But his heart was the same as yours and mine: desperately wicked and beyond cure (see Jeremiah 17:9). 

Delight in your forgiveness today. It's miraculous! The healed paralytic went out praising God and telling others of Jesus. Live in the freedom Jesus died to win for you. When you know the debt has been paid for your guilt, it's hard not to share that with others.

Insight: Don't keep the grace of Jesus to yourself. share it with others!

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Oct 2016, 3:33 pm

Date: October 26, 2016 at 1:30 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Protecting Love

Protecting Love

"My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare." Psalm 25:15

Scripture Focus: Matthew 14:22-33

The love of God is so immense, so vast, so deep that He does not allow us to remain in our sin. Any parent who has taught a child right from wrong again and again understands this. 

David writes that his "eyes are ever on the Lord." I know when my eyes drift off of Him and onto my own self, I am likely to be caught in my sin. I'm like the guilty little child who will not look at mommy though she says, "Look at me!" Remember when Peter took his eyes off of Jesus as he walked on the water? As soon as Peter focused on the wind and his fear, he began to sink. When his eyes were on Jesus, the frightful circumstances of the storm were irrelevant. 

This world can make us feel as if our feet are caught in a snare. If your feet are trapped, you fall down and struggle to get up. But the next time you've fallen down, take advantage of the position of a contrite soul. Repent of trying to fix things on your own and of forgetting to look up. Then rest in the love of Jesus whose blood covered over all 
your self-righteousness.

Insight: Do you allow Jesus to teach your heart? Move your eyes towards Jesus and live with your face lifted to Him.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:41 pm

Date: October 25, 2016 at 1:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Blessed Friendship

Blessed Friendship

"The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant." PSALM 25:14, ESV

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 18:24

We know that while Jesus walked this earth, He had many friends. Some were from the very top of society, and others were from the lowest of society. He was invited to parties, He was familiar, He was sought out. All of the disciples were especially close friends to Jesus, as were Lazarus, Mary, and Martha. Can you imagine being counted among Jesus' closest friends like that? 

Here's the wonder of it: the Creator of the universe longs for friendship with you. It's true! Do you marvel as I do at how such love can abide with such a wrecked heart? Yet God's perfect, unchangeable love meets us where we are in our imperfections and fluctuations. His deep, abiding love washes over us in our wearied state, even when we aren't being much of a friend to Him or anyone else. 

As we delight in Him, the truths of His covenant carry more and more weight. In friendship with Him, in the following of His footsteps, we are known and welcomed by the Most High. He offers us a friendship worth our effort, and one that will 
never fade.

Insight: Do you delight in walking with Jesus? Do you see the beauty of your friendship with God?

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

Date: October 24, 2016 at 1:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Perfect Love

Perfect Love

"Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him." Psalm 25:12

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 1:1-7

Does the idea of fearing God scare you? Does His holiness seem too formidable? The attributes of God that may at first look daunting to us are the very things that will draw us closer to Him. Our stubborn hearts need instruction, that's for sure. Thankfully, Jesus is a patient, gentle teacher. If the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, we have a long, inviting road ahead where we can learn of His goodness. Truly knowing His love and character motivates the most desperate sinner to move towards obedience. 

When I met my children in gentle love rather than in harsh judgment, I imitate the much more amazing and perfect love of God. They learn - and I learn - to live beyond feelings, sinful desires, and self-centeredness. When we live near to the goodness of God, we are instructed toward obedience. The fear of God no longer drives us away from Him; rather, we run to His feet like a child delighting to dance before his parents. When we are teachable and moldable, He creates in us His works of art. Just think of it: we are His masterpieces!

Insight:  "There is no fear in love. but perfect love drives out fear..." (1 John 4:18)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:49 pm

Date: October 21, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Joy Of A Repentant Heart

The Joy Of A Repentant Heart

"Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD." Psalm 25:7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51:1-12

The goodness of Jesus cannot truly be measured and surely can never be matched. It stretches to the heavens and reaches beyond the farthest sea. We, on the other hand, are weak and sinful each day we set our feet upon the floor. We may enter this world as angelic little babies, but our hearts immediately are sinful to the core (Psalm 51:5). In Jesus we can repent freely of the weakness and feeble moments we fall to each day. "Taste and see that the Lord is good" (Psalm 34:8). When we repent, we get a taste of the abundant goodness that God has stored up for those who fear Him (Psalm 31:19). 

Do you grow weary of striving for perfection and of seeking to attain a goodness that will make your life right? Strive no longer! Humbly rest in the forgiveness that Jesus offers. Trust that in your weakness and suffering, His power is indeed made perfect. You never know... your trials and repentance and humility may be the tools He works through to bring the power of His goodness to another suffering soul.

Insight: Lord Jesus, help us enjoy the grace of repentance and your sweet forgiveness found in the perfect life, death and resurrection of Jesus this day. Amen 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next