World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:25 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:22 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:14 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:23 pm by Admin

» Why Does Gaza Appear in This Antique Hebrew Scroll?
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 5:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» Israel Bible
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 10:06 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:21 pm by Admin

» Trinity College Dublin loose cash
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 9:20 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 3:32 pm by Admin

» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 May 2024, 6:09 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 Empty Re: Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Post  Admin Sat 13 Oct 2012, 10:13 am

Dear brothers and sisters greetings in the name of Jesus. if this is
duplicate for give me.

Since our last memo we have had 7 people to make decisions for Christ

1. One of our believers invited 9 people of which a family of 4
gave
their hearts to Jesus. Praise God.
2. Before leaving we paid a visit to Zafer our kidney problem
brother who has started sleeping and his blood pressure has stabilized.
Praise Gid for improvement. We are praying for new kidneys. His father
and brother visited also and both prayed the sinners prayer. Praise God

3. I had to leave and return to the states to prepare for our
Christmas baskets for Dec. My wife and I will return and give about
100 baskets to families to which we have ministered. However we don't
believe that is enough. We have got a lot of souls saved this year.
Now the miracle. We have been friends of this family in Istanbul as you
know before Bergama. There is a great lady who has done all the tenets
of Islam including going to Mecca. She is a fine woman and would go to
heaven for her good deeds. Today she came to believe it is the blood of
Jesus to get her thru the pearly gates. I was surprisingly shocked when
she prayed the sinners prayer and admitted that ISA is GOD. Praise God
for this miracle. I have been witnessing to her for 20 years.
(jokingly I think she got tired of me asking)

4. We distributed 2 loaves of bread per family to one gypsy
community where they had no bread and little food.

God forbid that we take credit for any of these successes.. We know it
is the power of the Holy Spirit via the prayers of the saints which
are you my beloved brothers and sisters. Rejoice for it your prayers
being answered.

Eddie, Chitaa , victor and Daniela.

Ps we have one more baptism this week at request of a believer named
Askin . Praise God

Sent from my iPad
Eddie s iPad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 Empty Re: Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES

Post  Admin Sun 16 Sep 2012, 9:46 am

Dear Praying Saints. Greetings in the name of the Holy One Jesus.

Victor and Daniela and I will begin our journey to Bergama to continue our prayer meetings. As you know they must stay out of country for 3 months by law. Please pray for us. Agenda items for prayer are below.

1. that we will all have a safe journey 21-27 Sep 2012

2. that the enemy will be repelled in all instances of adversities where we will be witnessing.
3. that souls will be saved.

4. that the sick will be healed especially Zafer s kidneys will be restored. As you remember he was one of the first to receive our Christmas baskets last year. subsequently his kidneys suddenly collapsed. May our Lord Jesus restore his kidneys. He has since accepted the Lord and we have an entree into his whole generation.

5. That the Lord will open a door where we can set up a church building.
7. That we will get $6000 more so we can buy a van to drive between prayer meetings which is from 30-85 KM S . We are grateful for all who have given to buy our vehicle. Thank you.

8. that there will be smooth planning as we prepare for our Christmas basket give away beginning DEC 2012

9. That the Lord will increase the faith of the believers

10. That the believers will find work to feed their families and buy other essential/necessary items

Further we are grateful for all who support us and make our journeys possible. Thank you.
May our Lord bless all of you and give you good health. We will write more during our journey

eddie, chita,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

dEAR PRAYING FRIENDS WE ARE PREPARING ANOTHER JOURNEY TO Turkey AND NEED YOUR PRAYERS.
AS A REMINDER OF WHAT WE ARE DOING AND WHERE WE ARE LOCATED BELOW IS A SYNOPSIS OF WHERE WE WILL BE AND WHAT WE WILL BE DOING AND FUTURE PLANS. POINTS OF CONTACT ARE NOTED AS WELL. wE ARE IN PROCESS OF PREPARING FOR OUR DEPARTURE. tHE BULGARIANS vICTOR AND DANIELA WILL ARRIVE ON 25 SEP AND I WILL ARRIVE 21 SEPT.
ADDITIONALLY SINCE MANY OF YOU ARE NEW TO OUR PROGRAM THE SUMMARY BELOW WILL ACQUAINT YOU WITH WHAT WE ARE DOING IN TURKEY
CHURCH OF GOD MINISTRY TO TURKEY(SEP 2012)
(PErgamos(Bergama) and SURROUNDING VILLAGES
introduction: TO PROVIDE A BRIEF SUMMARY OF OUR WORK IN PERGAMOS(BERGAMA) AND SURROUNDING VILLAGES)TURKEY ORGANIZED 10/2001 UNDER AUSPICES OF THE COG .
1. POPULATION OF TURKEY ABOUT 76 MILLION/ 99% SUNNI/ALEVI MUSLIMS-
A. THYATIRA/AKHISAR POPULATION ABOUT 80,000,, PRERGAMOS /BERGAMA ABOUT 60,000

B. VICINITY PERGAMOS ABOUT 165 VILLAGES,DIKILI 30000,KINIK 30000

. MACEDONIA VILLAGE 10000, MENEMEN 80000,HELVACI KOY 30000

C. AREA CONSISTS OF MINING FOR COAL, GOLD AND SILVER; HUGE OLIVE ORCHARDS ARE GROWN AND SOME VEGETABLES.

2. RESULTS OF MINISTRY

A. WORKERS

- BULGARIANS ARE USED AS WORKERS AND CAN ONLY REMAIN IN COUNTRY 3 MONTHS AT A TIME. MUST RETURN TO BULGARIA AFTER 3 MONTHS THEN CAN RETURN TO TURKEY. THIS IS PER THE LAW.

- PRESENTLY TWO PEOPLE FULFILLL THIS JOB VICTOR AND DANIELA. WE HAVE HAD 10 PEOPLE COME AND GO. WORKERS HAVE PROBLEMS WITH DEALING WITH THE PEOPLE

- MOST OF OUR VILLAGES AND PEOPLE ARE GYPSIES. THE TURKS HAVE A FIERCE REJECTION TO JESUS

- EDDIE AND CHITA (SHORT TERM WORKERS)

B. BELIEVERS /LOCATIONS( CONFESSED JESUS AS LORD)

THYATIRA-- 2 BELIEVERS???

PERGAMOS- 2 BELIEVERS ???

DIKILI-- 8 BELIEVERS???

MENEMEN -22 BELIEVERS(BAPTISED IN WATER 10)

HELVACI KOY: 15 BELIEVERS???

KINIK- 5 BELIEVERS

III PROPERTY SUPPORTING OUR WORK

A. WE OWN ONE CONDO IN PERGAMOS WHERE IN COUNTRY WORKERS LIVE. USED ALSO FOR EVANGELISM TEAMS AND VISITORS

B. WE HAVE ENOUGH FURNITURE TO FURNISH ANOTHER CONDO

IV. METHOD OF EVANGELIZING

A. CITY TO CITY HOME TO HOMES AND VILLAGE TO VILLAGE. FIELD TO FIELDS..WE ARE REFERRED BY BELIEVERS TO A RELATIVE/FRIENDS HOMES. THE SONG GOES MY HOUSE IS FULL AND MY FIELDS ARE EMPTY. TRUE STATEMENT.

C. GAS PRICE IS ABOUT $11 A GALLON

D. TRANSPORTATION BY WORKERS IS BY WALKING, RIDING BUSES. HOOKING RIDE ON TRACTORS. WE ARE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY TO BUY A VAN.

E. THE COG BULGARIA AND TURKEY WORK TOGETHER EVANGELIZING THE AREAS OF OPPORTUNITY IN TURKEY.

V. FUTURE PLANS/OBJECTIVES( PRAYER NEEDS)

A. WE NEED ANOTHER COUPLE TO LIVE IN TURKEY TO NURTURE THOSE WHO HAVE BELIEVED AND PROSPECT FOR NEW BELIEVERS

B. BUY LAND TO BUILD A CHURCH

C. SET UP AN ASSOCIATION TO TEACH ENGLISH AND GIVE CLOTHES TO THE POOR. A SUBTLE WAY OF STARTING A CHURCH

D. ESTABLISH A VIABLE CHURCH

E. SAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY A VAN/TRANSPORTATION. WE NEED $8000 MORE TO COMPLETE THIS PROJECT. OUR WORK WILL BE EASIER.

F. WE HAVE LOCATED A MACEDONIAN VILLAGE . PRAY WE WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN CARRYING THE GOSPEL TO THESE PEOPLE.

G. SET UP PLANS TO DISTRIBUTE ABOUT 150 CHRISTMAS BASKETS IN DEC. LAST YEAR WE GAVE AWAY 96 BASKETS, 96 CHICKENS AND 96 BAGS OF FRUIT. THIS IS A HUGE PROJECT BUT THIS YEAR WE WILL HAVE THE BULGARIAN COG HELPING US . 17 PEOPLE GOT SAVED LAST YEAR.

Conclusion:

1. MORE THAN SIVER AND GOLD WE NEED PRAYER WITHOUT WHICH WE COULD NOT EXIST/REMAIN IN THE AREA. MOST WHAT WE DO IS UNLAWFUL. e.g. travel to villages for our purposes IS illegal.PLUS WE HAVE PERSECUTIONS

PRAYER AIDS IN KEEPING US THERE NOT MONEY( WE WERE INVESTIGATED BY THE jANDARMA LAST YEAR WITHOUT COMPLICATIONS)..WE HAVE BEEN TAKEN TO COURT FOR 2 YEARS. WE TRIED TO START A CHURCH.

OF COURSE WE NEED FUNDS TO LIVE ON BUT YOU UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF MY WORDS. WE WOULD NOT BE IN TURKEY IF STICKS AND STONES INTIMIDATED US.

2. TELEPHONE NUMBER IN TURKEY EDDIE 011 90 535 294-0161

SKYPE address edwin.brooks3 / 818 963-9394 FOR SKYPE

3.MISC

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR OUR WORK IN TURKEY.

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO :

CHURCH OF GOD WORLD MISSIONS
PO BOX 8016
CLEVELAND, TN. 37320

ANNOTATE CHECKS WITH ONE OF THE NUMBERS SHOWN

BELOW AS YOU DESIRE.

MINISTRY SUPPORT, BERGAMA (PERGAMOS),TURKEY #132-2016

(this is the one for which we have the greatest need)

MINISTRY SUPPORT, MENEMEN(SMYRNA) # 132-5116

MINISTRY SUPPORT, EDWIN C. BROOKS #065-0462

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR A VEHICLE (#065-0462-02)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:09 pm

Dear brothers and sisters Greetings:

Our lives are dedicated to carrying the Gospel to Turkey. This is no smoke..... a very sincere comment. Not to boast for I wasted my youth; I am 79 years old (my wife is 70)and have no holes to punch ; only a Savior to please and obey...no desire for self pleasure, no desire to be an overseer, noted evangelest nor erudite writer but one to obey the living God of the universe by carrying the light of Jesus to a most uneducated gypsies who have no God or Savior.Just give them a chance!!!!!!!! This is my goal however I can do it.

we are grateful for your continual support so we can continue to evangelize Pergamos (Bergama) Turkey and surrounding areas.

(It would not surprise me if many of you have visited this area where we have been telling people about Jesus for 10 years);

without your support we would be severely restricted. Thank you for your generous giving.

WE CAN DO MORE as I have written before. Due to lack of a vehicle we are restricted to walking, riding busses or hooking ride on a tractor.

Many have given money toward purchase of a van thank you muchly; but we don't have enough to buy one without going into debt.

Please pray and ask the Lord about helping us . We need about $8000 more. I really don't know how to ask for money except just tell you the need and let you rely on the Lord for guidance.

Please pray about this and respond accordingly. What ever you feel you can give the address and instructions is below

blessings in the name of the HOLY ONE Jesus

eddie brooks

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR OUR VAN IN TURKEY.

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO :
PO BOX 8016
CLEVELAND, TN. 37320

ANNOTATE the CHECK WITH THE NUMBER SHOWN BELOW AS YOU DESIRE.
MINISTRY SUPPORT, EDWIN C. BROOKS #065-0462-02 (auto/van contribution )
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 May 2012, 11:38 am

Dear praying friends greetings in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit since Pentecost Sunday is upon us

We have a prayer request for all but especially for any one involved in the PRAYING CHURCH MOVEMENT for our work in Bergama and surrounding villages of the area.
we will keep the requests concise but sufficient to convey the meaning of the prayer request.
Fist of all we need to cite anon names of men whom we have identified that may enhance the growth of the fellowship bringing it into a church. Pray for God to enhance their faith and as on Pentecost fill them with the Holy Ghost
Menemen........ Yil;... and HA.... Sa....
Helvaci koy........Al... Meh....
Dikili ........ Al... As.....
Ayvalik...............RE... Oz....
Bergama............Va.... Ta...
Poyracik............Za...
Kinik..................Ha....Al....
Makadonia .. no name yet but we will go there to this village
Istanbul.............Da.... Sa... Se

May God bring stable churches to fruition in all these places where we visit and share the Gospel

May also Sunday even though we dont have enough people to go to all these places may there be an Acts 2:4 manifestation.

I believe this can happen as on Pentecost. I am a believer not suspecter or doubter. It would not surprise me if we got phone calls to this effect saying they are speaking another language rather than Turkish. praise God

Pray for healings
Zafer for kidney failure/ May new kidneys enter the body of Zafer as the Creator created them. amen and amen
Halil has cardiac big problems. a new heart Lord
Altin has vocal organ problems. New vocal organs Lord

Do pray for these areas. we actually go there in the face of adversity
with the help of the Bulgarian power team headed by Bishop Dinko hopefully the next overseer of the COG in Bulgaria.

My Heart is heavy having been born in the COG and finally I am able to do something for God and the COG who cultivated my personality, spirituality, theology and taught me to memorize the scriptures which comes to me frequently 75 years later. I am COG thru and thru. cant get around it

Thank God the Lord in my sinful life prepared me with the Turkish language so He could have use of me when I returned to the fold. He is using me!!!!!! thank God for the opportunity. i luv it!!!!!

Thank you for enabling and empowering us to minister and fulfilling our calling. Our ministry has started and kept going because of your prayers and financial contributions. We are so much appreciate your partnership. May the Lord bless you.

II am a blessed man of the Most High God.

eddie brooks and my beloved chita who puts up with me as I go on our journeys

PS Do pray for us using this memo. As you pray please put your fingers and hands on every village and name as you have time.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 May 2012, 4:12 pm

Widow of slain Christian: ‘Forgive them’
www.wnd.com
Susanne said she planned to remain in Turkey with her children, Michal Janina, 13, Lukas, 10, and Miriam, 8.
“We pray – and urge you to pray – that someday at least one of those five boys will come to faith because of the testimony in death of Tilman Geske, who gave his life as a missionary to his beloved Turks, and the testimonies in death of Necati Aydin and Ugur Yuksel, the first martyrs for Christ out of the Turkish Church,”
http://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41332/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 May 2012, 11:36 pm

Dear Praying friends

As emphasis is being placed on prayer this month we saw this item which you may pray over. Our Province is IZMIR the SW corner of Turkey. Do remember us in prayer and our new people Victor and Daniela. also the healing of Zafer who has lost use of his kidneys.

May the Lord manifest the " trophy of His Grace" for Zafer as Sis Janice Mcclung writes.. amen and amen

eddie and chita brooks

18 months of declaring salvation to Turkey's 81 provinces:
http://www.the1881project.org/

"Turkey's 75 million lovely people are both strongly nationalistic as well as loyal to their Islamic identity. But the truth of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice remains virtually unknown in what Operation World calls 'the most unevangelised country in the world.'"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prayer Needs Missionaries (Asia Minor) Turkey & UPDATES - Page 3 Empty ASIA MINOR (Turkey) TOUGH TO DEAL WITH remember area first evangelised

Post  Admin Fri 27 Apr 2012, 8:27 pm

As we depart from the present journey to Bergama for which you have had numerous reports from us of people being saved, healed and delivered from evil of Satan.

It is with gratitude great gratitude that the Lord has pulled me a long the way for which He taught me finally to be obedient so He could advance His Kingdom in Bergama and surrounding cities, villages, homes and literally the fields when the people were not home to hear the Gospel. It has been hundreds of years since the Word has gone forth in these areas.
Sometimes we thought we were not making an impact but in retrospect many have been saved, healed and baptized in water. Sometimes we were alone for many workers have come , stayed awhile and left because it has not been an easy life for some of us. There have been court case against us, police interrogation and one brother has been beaten severely for the cause of Christ and many other crises.

We currently have 5 places we can comfortably go to with out fear or intimidation. Yet only recently in a brush arbor meeting the Jandarma visited us. No problem praise God. Just checking us out because of the praise/joyful noise.

What is interesting before Bergama 20 years ago after I returned to the Kingdom the Lord urged me to go to Turkey and tell my former employees that He is God and He created this universe. My wife and I had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. After 13 years of visitation we saw 2 people get saved and my friend Haluk for which I came finally said the sinners prayer. They have left us and we pray to God we will meet around the throne. Many of you know these things but forgive if we must recollect.
What precipitated these comments are

1.No one wants to join us to witness to these lost souls. If they do no tenure.

2. Bro Dinko of Bulgaria finally joined us with tacit authority To cross the border and bring a power team with him. We now worship in Bulgarian,Turkish,and gypsy languages. This action is having a positive impact on the Kingdom. He brought Victor and Daniele a gypsy lady who will remain for awhile to nurture our new brothers and sisters. God opens doors when no one else will. Pray for them. We have no vehicle. They will need to ride buses and walk. Just like we use to do before .......no criticism from me.

3.The third thing I want to mention is the big "M" a book written by bro Dr McClung. Concisely it for me is global missions. I like the name missions without borders as you will see below. It is worth your time to read it. I have read excerpts and it is awesome.

What is particularly interesting with regards to Bulgaria and Turkey is the Ottomans when they withdrew to Turkey left a lot of Turks in Bulgaria. When the communist left power at least 250000 Turks repatriated to our area in Turkey. Not only this as we were getting gas Bro Dinko talked to a man who lives in a Macedonian village in Turkey nearby just off side of road and we have an invitation to lunch and visit. Opportunities galore. Just ask it costs nothing.

Thank you Lord Jesus for dragging me a long. Folks there is no more coercion we do this even with our own money if we cannot get support.
Thank God for bro Dinko and his help. May our Lord Jesus enlighten our leaders and parishioners.
As Amos Wells says......"for I am no longer alone for this is His glory and His throne..infinite Servant well may I be a bondman, a vassal and toiler with thee"

Will you join us???????

Thank y'all for all your prayers and support to keep our feet on the ground in this area.you have been very kind and generous to us. Thank you.

Eddie, chita, victor, Daniele, Dinko and Bulgaria power teams

Forgive the long note because I understand you are inundated with missions but these are one fourth of the world and tough to deal with.

Sent from my iPad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Apr 2012, 5:26 am

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.as Amos Awells says " this is His glory and His throne. Infinite Servant may I be a bondma, a vassal and toiler with the?"

Begin forwarded message:

From: Edwin Brooks <[email=isarabdir@aol.com][/email]isarabdir@aol.com>
Date: April 20, 2012 5:43:26 PM PDT
To: [email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email]Isarabdir@aol.com
Cc: [email=chitang3@aol.com][/email][email=chitang3@aol.com][/email]chitang3@aol.com
Subject: Bergama report no 6 Friday April 20

Dear brothers and sisters greetings in Jesus name.

We spent this day in a most unusual way.. We traveled to visit previously a very sick brother who has cardiovascular problem to pray for him. He has not been able to work for 2 years because of his illness. We wrote about Halil before.

He told us he had not taken his medicine for 23 days and he can sleep now without the assistance of oxygen. Praise God for His healing power. May God completely heal him.
We continued on talking to another real Muslim family whom Daniele had received an invitation to have a prayer meeting.. After this visit we went to Helvaci Koy where we had an old fashion brush arbor meeting. Let me try to explain this.

This is the independent group of about 30 gypsies who have lives on the side of a hill for about 10 years under tents near the city garbage dump. We thought everyone one at sometime had received Jesus as Lord.

It was about 5 PM when everyone returns from the fields to their "homes." We had bought enough food to feed everybody. The women spread mats on the ground and prepared the food for eating as we sang and rejoiced songs in Bulgarian, Turkish and gypsy languages. Everyone was rejoicing in the Lord as we were eating.

We were interrupted by the Jardama who had been called because of the noise. They took our passports and investigated all foreigners(us). We continued to finish our food. No problems.
Then the worship began in a most unusual way. All gathered around sitting on the ground attentively under trees and under the sky as we sang and worshipped our King the Lord Jesus openly. There was prayer and testimonies by our Bulgarian brothers in a most powerful way. What was unique was much of it was done in the gypsy language. Then brother Victor gave a sermonette in Bulgarian uniquely translated by his wife Daniele into Turkish.

Upon conclusion before I could turn around 4 men (mostly young men)came to the center of the group to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior hallelujah !!!!. we prayed and rejoiced. As we were leaving another person in a wheel chair asked if he could pray as well. Of course we said and another one came into the Kingdom praise be to our Lord Jesus.
Today Satan lost 5 souls. The Jandarma continued to watch over us till we left.

Again bro Dinko and his Bulgarian contingent exemplified the power of God in most unusual way. Thank God they have come alongside us to evangelize this part of Turkey.
We would hope you will rejoice with us because you help to keep our feet on the ground here and your prayers are effective.You are a part of this effort.

In the name of the Holy One Jesus.

Eddie,chit,Victor, Daniele, Dinko and Bulgarian brothers.

PS and this is a big PS. As we were getting gas bro Dinko was talking to a Muslim man from Macedonia who invited us to return to his Macedonian village to visit. Praise God for opening doors for us. If we can make time we plan to return to that village and give them an opportunity to hear about our Jesus.

Amen and Amen
Sent from my iPad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Apr 2012, 7:52 am

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Edwin Brooks <[email=isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=isarabdir@aol.com][/email]isarabdir@aol.com>
Date: April 18, 2012 6:49:16 PM PDT
To: [email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email]Isarabdir@aol.com
Cc: [email=chitang3@aol.com][/email][email=chitang3@aol.com][/email][email=chitang3@aol.com][/email][email=chitang3@aol.com][/email]chitang3@aol.com
Subject: Bergama journey no. 5 Thursday 19 April

Greetings dear prayer warriors. Your prayers are significant for our success.

Bro Dinko and his Bulgarian power team movedin like a mighty wind full of the Holy Ghost. We have been blessed immeasurably. Thank God they have decided to come alongside of us and evangelize wester Turkey.the harvest is ripe

We have had. Two meetings thus far with the power team

1. The first night the service was held in 4 languages.... Singing and preaching. They blessed us but then we asked for testimonies of believers. Some had also had visions of our Lord. Of course they told the story how it was raining During the Christmas basket, stopped raining and when the last person had received their gifts rain started aain Praise God

In the second meeting. We had 2 discussions about the police which seemingly negatively impact on believers. As people began to arrive the issues abated themselves, singing again was done in 4 languages,
As well as testimonies and preaching. We were there there about 4 hours,. Like logs waiting to be ignited .
For the first time Bro Dinko gave a sermon on the Holy Ghost .it was awesome sermon. This was a first for us. Thank God
Two came forward to receive the Holy Ghost and then for healing
Biro a Gypsy got saved" praise God, to my knowledge we have not lost none of those accepted Jesus at Christmas time.

We continue under the power of
the Spirit,
Pray for us as we go to Zafer s house today for Jesus to reconstruct His kidneyss,...".......... amen and amen

Dinko and team, Eddie chit victor and Daniele

Ps there are no boundaries in the Kingdom of God. There is neither Bulgar nor Turk nor gypsy. We are one in the Lord . Praise be to God.

Sent from my iPad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Apr 2012, 6:44 pm

Dear praying friends it is to you we owe any progress we make in this world of Islam where they are reminded 5 times a day of their Allah and to whom their allegiance is.

We are 3-5 people in an area of 500,000+ people trying to make difference in the lives of those who will listen to us.

Thanks to those who are helping us keep our feet on the ground to do Kingdom work.

This weekend was good thanks be to the Lord. We had a meeting where we have declared we pray for the sick. A young lady said she was I'll and we prayed for her. I don't know if she was healed according to Mark 16 and last chapter of James but when we finished she accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. Interesting is now the entire family claims Jesus as Lord. 4 boys and 2 girls. Praise God.

Sunday we spent time with a family who had accepted Jesus as Lord when we gave Away our Christmas Baskets. I ask the elder lady if she remembers accepting Jesus and she said yes. Praise God our efforts were not in vain. Results are there amen and amen.

We have found the loss of our former worker has had no negative effect.

Now this week we have 4 brethren and bro Dinko from Bulgaria who are going to be with us in about 5 meetings.
One meeting is very significant for Zafer who was the healthy mechanic who received your gifts at Christmas who now has full blown kidney failure. He told me this week he goes into a comma unexpectedly and has thought of suicide 5 times. Brothers and sisters we really need a miracle.
Our entire week will be spent not only with the lost but truly sick people. We need your prayers.
As Amos Wells says " this is His glory and His throne" infinite Servant ..... May I be a toiler with thee"

As we pray for you pray for us

Eddie, Chita,victor,Danielle ,Asen,Vesko,,Mitco,and Dinko
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 Apr 2012, 9:55 am

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 13, 2012 4:45:42 PM PDT
To: [email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email]Isarabdir@aol.com
Cc: [email=chitang3@aol.com][/email]chitang3@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: Bergama report no 3 April 13 2012

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Edwin Brooks <[email=isarabdir@aol.com][/email]isarabdir@aol.com>
Date: April 13, 2012 4:33:44 PM PDT
To: [email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email][email=Isarabdir@aol.com][/email]Isarabdir@aol.com
Subject: Bergama report no 3 April 13 2012

Dear brothers and sisters greetings in the name of Jesus.

This week we have focused on the following.

1. Due to Hristo and Pavlina no longer with us we have cleaned the church condo and packed those things which belong to them.

2. Visited as many of our believers as possible informing them of the change.

3. We continue to witness for Jesus . After all He is the only reason we are here. None other. His agenda is our agenda. It is interesting how this plays out.
There is a hotel where we go for Internet services and as you know we also have a reading glasses ministry. One day I brought my reading glasses into the hotel lobby and put them on the table. Before I knew it there was great excitement over this. Everybody wanted a pair of glasses. Before we give them glasses we test their reading skills by having them read John 3:16 on a chart at different levels. When it was concluded most of the hotel staff had read a part of the Incil... New testament in Turkish. More are waiting to do the same thing.

Brothers and sisters this is progress to get a Muslim to read the Incil. Praise God for this opportunity . We have been trying to get people in this hotel to listen to the Good News for years to no avail. As we say one door closes another opens. Even the owner jestfully gave the sign of the cross this evening. It was progress because he knows we represent the Great One Jesus. ISA better known in Turkish.

At the same time we are focusing on prayer for the sick and we let people know we do this. They are asking for these prayers and doors are opening for this reason.

As we wrote before about our Christmas miracles .... What an awesome time.!!!! However one of the recepients was in good health in Dec when he got the Christmas baskets and now he has full blown kidney failure, high blood pressure, and goes into a coma unexpectedly. He told me he has had thoughts of suicide 5 times since this occurrence. So far we have spent two days in his home praying with him. His name is Zafer. We are going back next week as well along with bro Dinko and the power team from Bulgaria.

Join us in prayer for this healing please. He and his wife have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. Zafer experience for me is awesome... Another soul won for the Kingdom.

Doors are more freely opening. We continue our journey. The more we pray the healthier I become . Praise God.

We are more free doing our work than ever before thanks to your prayers and support.

As Amos Wells says... " this is His glory and His throne... Infinite Servant may I be a bondman, a vassal and toiler with thee" the fields are ripe.. Pray for harvesters to join us and the Lord of the harvest to send them.

As we pray for you pray for us.

Eddie, Chita, victor and Danielle.

Ps . Due to an unfortunate circumstance with Hristo we have no vehicle except a rental to travel the hundreds KM s we do to get our job done. Pray that our Magi shows up with a gift of transportation for us.

Sent from my iPad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Apr 2012, 1:44 pm

Dear praying friends greetings in the name of Jesus the risen One.

We spent the last week including Easter giving communion to 40 plus
believers. They know who Jesus is and periodically helped by us
Responding. "He is risen and yes He is risen indeed" one lady kept
saying her home is in heaven instead of any reference to Allah where
there is no hope. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

We gave special communions to two very sick people Zafer and Halil.
May the Lord Jesus touch their bodies and heal them. The devil says no
but Jesus says yes Pray for them.

In one meeting there was arguments and confusion but we prayed and the
situation abated. The devil is after us dear ones so don't let upon
your prayers. Thank you for what you do to keep us on our feet in
Turkey sharing the Gospel.
Our Easter service was multilingual. Victor shared in Bulgarian, victor
and Daniele sang in Bulgarian and gypsy languages. ... And I tried
English. So be it. All the people were blessed. The sinners fled but
our friends said they will be back don't worry. Our people are hep pin
us. Praise God.

In one meeting we had a problem but it quickly resolved itself. We will
return there this week.. We need to pray for the sick more.

Y'all know me for I have been in Bergama for 10 plus years..... And
Satan has attacked my body several times but he has not suffered. This
time I Wasserstein hospitalized for a week before my plane left . The
dr came to me and said I go against her advise. She took my hands, held
them and I said dr I gave my youth to the devil and I will give Jesus
all that remains in me.

Since arriving the Lord has touched my body and seemingly made me
useful for the Kingdom. Praise God I feeL better today. I can go and
get some fish for Jesus. Your support and prayers keep our feet on the
ground. Thank you

Don't feel sorry for me pray for me as we pray for you. There is no
greater service as bro Gause says.

As you know Hristo and Pavlina are no longer with us and we are seeking
replacements which are difficult to find. As Amos wells says " we are
not zone for it is His glory and His Throne. .. Infinite Servant may I
be a bondman, a vassal and toiler with thee?"

Our objective is to continue prayer meetings and praying for the sicK.

We wait for bro Dinko and his power team. Pray for their safe journey.

Blessings

Eddie,victor and Danielle.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Apr 2012, 11:02 am

From the body of Christ in Turkey, to our brothers and sisters in
Christ around the world, grace and peace to you from God our Father and
the Lord Jesus Christ. Greetings from the church in Turkey. From the
land of Noah, of Abraham, of Paul, of Ararat and Harran, of Antioch,
Ephesus, Galatia, of the Seven Churches of Revelation...
Yet today, the body of Christians in our land is less than 0.1% of the
population of 72 million.
We are writing to you on behalf of the leaders of the church in Turkey
to ask for your prayers. Prayer is, of course, the essential need of
all Christians everywhere, so why pray for Turkey at this time? For the
ground is hard and the battle in the heavenlies is tough and in recent
years we have felt an added urgency and burden for prayer for our
nation and its churches. In 2009 we asked the world to join us each
year for a 'Global Day of Prayer forTurkey' on April 18, the day in
2007 when 3 of our brothers were tortured and brutally murdered in the
town of Malatya.
We greatly desire that you would join the small congregations of Turkey
along with many churches worldwide to pray for Turkey in your churches
and homes on April 18. To pray that the church in Turkey is anointed
and strengthened in the Holy Spirit to live for the glory of God; pray
that the outcome of this will bring hope and blessing to the land and
people of Turkey as hearts and eyes are opened to Jesus Christ and to
the Kingdom of God. In this brief time of prayer you will be joining
millions all over the world.
We have composed this letter in three parts: (a) an explanatory
introduction; (b) a shortletter you may wish to read to your
congregations; (c) a short list of prayer topics to help get started.
You can find information on the church in Turkey including more prayer
topics along with links for further information at
www.prayforturkey.com. You will also have a 3 minute video available to
download from this internet site to help you and your congregations. If
you would like further information please write to
prayforturkey@gmail.com.
Thank you so very much for your prayers. The God of peace be with you
all.
Alliance of Protestant Churches (Turkey)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 31 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

Dear brothers and sisters. Greetings in the name of Jesus the Risen One.

We are on our way to Bergama to celebrate Easter with our gypsy and
Turkish brothers and sisters.

The Bulgarian power team led by bro Dinko will join us praise God. Pray
for them.

We have a new couple also joining us..... Victor and. Daniele .pray for
them.

We ask for your prayers for safe journey for all of us..

The enemy has been at work trying to destroy our work so we need your
prayers more than ever... Pray pray pray please. This is my second trip
in two months trying to thwart the works of Satan.

The enemy has attacked my body to prevent my going but we are packed
and leave Saturday 31 Mar. So we ask for your prayers for my continuing
good health.

We will report as usual periodically sharing our activities.

Sincerely, for we are not alone for it is His glory and His throne..
Infinite Servant well may we be a bondman, a vassal, and toiler with
thee.

Eddie bro Dinko,Victor and Danielle and the Bulgarian power team
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Mar 2012, 10:28 am

Dear brothers and sisters: greetings in the name of Jesus

We just returned from Bergama taking care of the church Condo making sure all is OK with it. All is fine to date. We have to keep it maintained and secured.

We hosted Bishop Dinko and his team from Bulgarian COG who went with us to all of our prayer meetings . As you recall in previous reports they were most effective. Bro Dinko published a report in which they were pleased with what we are doing and have decided to come alongside us ministering to the Turks/gypsies. Praise God for their work. We had people saved and healed

Brothers and sisters some of you have known me for the 20 years we have been going to Turkey and others have known us since we went to Bergama Oct 2011 and have been supporting us since we went and we have never asked for financial support.

Some of the people and churches who have supported us decided to stop their financial support but I know they still pray for us. We don't mean to be critical of them for all have their direction form the Lord that we all serve. We need to replace those losses. We dont want to get rich.

We want to let you that we want/need and will keep our feet on the ground sharing the gospel to thousands of people in villages and cities who have not heard the Gospel for hundreds of years ; we are taking the Word to them by rental car, buses , or even walking hundreds of KM' S.We dont have a van now. When we go we feed each prayer group before the meeting begins. We share a meal with colas and bread and chicken. We find that we get their attention when their bellies are full. One leader among the gypsies say give them a loaf of bread and they give you their attention. It works but is costly.

We now need to help Bro Dinko and his team with travel expenses. We including his team return to Bergama for Easter celebration with all the prayer groups beginning April .

we need financial help; but your prayers are more important than money. . below are procedures where you can increase or start a program of giving .

In Jesus name and thank you in advance

eddie brooks

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR OUR WORK IN TURKEY.

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO :

PO BOX 8016
CLEVELAND, TN. 37320

ANNOTATE CHECKS WITH ONE OF THE NUMBERS SHOWN

BELOW AS YOU DESIRE.

MINISTRY SUPPORT, BERGAMA (PERGAMOS),TURKEY #132-2016

(this is the one for which we have the greatest need)

MINISTRY SUPPORT, MENEMEN(NEAR SMYRNA) #132-5116

MINISTRY SUPPORT, EDWIN C. BROOKS #065-0462

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Mar 2012, 9:19 am

I am nuts, my first sentence below "let me give credit" instead of penance. Sorry for the error

Eddie Brooks
Isarabdir
Sent: 05 March 2012 06:30:33

Before I forward you 2 reports let me given penance to God for what Heis doing In Istanbul
1 Seda who was unsuccessful in getting pregnant thru artificial procedure is now pregnant from her Husband whose sperm is technically dead from radiation.

2. The general with whom I have been talking ffor couple of years is trying to figure out what. Jesus saiD" before Abraham was bornI am" Praise God for what He is doing in Istanbul.
Eddie
Please read reports below -----Original Message-----
To: Edwin Brooks <isarabdir@aol.com>
Cc: Douglas LeRoy <DLeRoy@cogwm.org>
Sent: Fri, Mar 2, 2012 3:02 pm
Subject: Re: Bergama and Sw Turkey/Word of the Lord

Dear Brother Eddie, The last week was a truly amazing experience for us all. I must tellyou that it is beyond anything that words could express - I can feelin a tangible way that God is doing something incredible in Turkey.Before I used to be involved in prayer and by sporadic visits - butnow I feel totally bought, tied, assumed - TOTALLY. I will tell youthis - this is now our vision and call - Turkey for Jesus!!! It is nowofficially my personal and my teams vision to work shoulder toshoulder with you and to continue your legacy and work - and there isnothing out there to stop us, I mean this very seriously!!!!

Based on what we have seen God doing last week I state this:
1. The Church of God, Bulgaria is #1 Partner in the endeavor of theChurch of God World Missions to establish a solid church ministry inTurkey!
2. I will personally seek support toward continuing the work among thevarious groups in the region!
3. We have already begun researching the process of registering theChurch of God in Turkey. Tony and I have found various venues. I willupdate you as the process moves on.
4. I have sent the CoG MIP Doctrinal material to Victor so he can readit and sign that he is 100% in line with it. I told him this morningthat we will only get them as missionaries if the comply with it. AlsoI told them that what we will do if they are approved as missionariesin Bergana is that you will pay them $1000 a month while they are inTurkey and $200 each when they are in Bulgaria, Also we will have asigned contract that they will work under your direct supervision andmentorship and they will not carry out any personal agendas and thatwe will review their work and ministry in Turkey in every three monthsand if we do not feel that their contribution is effective - they willbe substituted with others!
This is it for now my brother - we love you and appreciate you morethan you could imagine. In the following days I will send you adetailed reports as well with scanned copies of the receipts of whatwe have spent out of the $2000.

You are a true modern day Christian HERO! I MEAN THAT - we admire youbrother Eddie.

Dinko
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Edwin Brooks <isarabdir@aol.com> wrote:Bro Leroy greetings.

We have ploughed a lot of ground in the last 10 years and we have
been through a lot of battles but we have not run from them. You knowthat . Nothing new for you but matter for the record. Our struggles have been going on since Antipas. Nothing new. The devil is mad.
Our technique of going from home to home ,village to village, city tocity has been successful. Problem is nurturing those who come into thekingdom..

We are in the process off formally establishing our first church inMenemen. Praise God

Our greatest success has been bro Dinko and his power team. It is awesome. Your decision to let us work with Bulgaria teams is most wise.Thank you

Most of our personal funds have been toward Bergama instead of an RV and pleasure travels. No accolades for we are not alone for this place is His glory and His throne.(wells) It is a joy to do this and you have been kind to give us freedom of management. Thank you.

I have personally written a letter to bro Mark Williams on this issue and I am sure y'all got a copy. I have no idea that anyone has read it besides bro Mark. I want to express a sense of urgency. This is theLord s work.

We my wife and I seek to recognition but we need to see more emphasis placed on Turkey for it is the gate to the Middle East always has beenand always will be.

I don't know how long I will last before the Lord calls me home butfor sure we need more emphasis placed on giving Mustafa as much rightto the Gospel as Michael and Miguel as bro Grant writes.

I get the feeling that someone is playing football with the Lords work in Turkey. The most effective time we have had is when bro Dinkois involved . Praise God for this brother.You seem to be leaving your position but I wish before you go somehow we can solidify the work in Turkey. The names you gave me do house/internet evangelism as opposed to our method of spreading the Gospelover hundreds of KM . I am not complaining for this is a heartfelt letter. What I write is for info only not dictatorial except where you feel the Lord s admonition

God has got hold of my heart and God wants us to get on the ball andadvance His kingdom in Turkey. I believe this is a mandate from theThrone of God. People are getting saved and seldom reject the Word of God. You get our reports and are kind to comment on them. Thank you

Thanks to bro Sheeks help we had the most effective tool in sharing the Gospel by giving every family we have touched a Christmas basket.it is still bearing fruit

I am leaving to take care of business in California but will be backfor Easter. Dinko says he will as well. The condo seems to be secure at least for the moment

While watching the snow fall outside in Istanbul I felt the Lord say to write this memo.thus this memo
Amen and amen

For what it is worth

Eddie Brooks a roving ambassador for Christ

Sent from my iPad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Dear friends:Greetings in the name of the Holy One------Jesus

We are coming to close of this journey and we accomplished more than
anticipated .

The power team led by bro Dinko will return to Bulgaria and I to Los
Angeles but we will return for Easter.

Last night we had a great meeting singling, preaching, praying and
especially for the sick.prayer requests:
1. This child had an operation to reconfigure her fingers.
Pray for the success of the healing.

2. A young woman came forward with request to have a baby .
Pray for her

The most interesting thing is a young woman who had received a
ChrisTmas Basket and accepted Jesus as Lord went home and told her
sister about the experience of salvation. Result is this girl led her
sister to the Lord---- prayer and all. Praise God

The Christmas Basket program continues it's effectiveness.

Thank you again for you support which keeps us on the ground witnessing
for Jesus to an unreached world.

Until Easter your roving ambassador for Christ. Eddie Brooks

Thank you bro Dinko and the power team
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

Dear praying friends your prayers are effective.

Today Sunday we had another prayer meeting in Menemen withe following
results

1. Bro Dinko with Sis Daniele translated a message on salvation

2. Four People were saved and are eager for their baptism.

We ate our normal chicken and ekmek followed by a discussion on
formation of a church.

All agreed the COG New Life Fellowship would perhaps be called the.
New Life Church of God.. This is up for discussion.
What is important this is the first time we have voted there will be a
church. Praise God . This is a decision of the people. Pray with us
that this momentum will continue and deny Satan any opportunity to
interfere.

Our next meeting in Menemen is Easter Sunday when our Bulgarian power
team will join us again. Praise God for bro Dinko and his team

Praise God for progress. Until the next time. Your prayers is what
makes our program effective.

Eddie an ambassador for Jesus Christ
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:22 pm

Dear ones we continue to roll with the power team from Bulgaria.

Today we ministered to a gypsy community on the side of a hill adjacent
to a garbage. Dump. Our Bulgarian brothers and sister ministered to the
gypsies. Daniel from Bulgaria did an amazing job translating. Praise
God for her.

Each one took the opportunity to share with the people followed by
songs in Bulgarian, gypsy and English. Amazing how cohesive a service
can be in a multicultural and language environment. The Lord truly is
in control.

One 61 yr Old sick lady impaired with seeing and hearing impairment
accepted the Lord as Savior. We prayed for her healing as well. She had
Been recipient of a Christmas basket. Awesome.. One more for the
Kingdom. Praying for the sick is our joy and His commandment.

The Lord willing we plan an Easter service when they are finished with
their work after 5 PM. We plan to tell the story of the Risen Lord and
serve communion as a village.

The Lord's help we will feed the whole village. This is on my heart.
Let's see what happens. This area
is beginning to demonstrate the glory of God and His throne. Amen and
amen nearly everyone has confessed Jesus as Lord.

Blessings

Eddie Brooks the roving ambassador for Christ
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:19 pm

Sent from my iPad Begin forwarded message: From: isarabdir@aol.com
Subject: Bergama Journey 24 Feb2012
Greetings praying friends in the Name of Jesus We have arrived and done the following
1. Of course talking about Jesus with anyone who listens.
2. Got the church condo secured and prepared for our brethren from Bulgaria.. The finances are straightened out also.
3. Bro Dinko and his team arrived and prayed ready to witness.
4. We have already made 4 visits and made appointments for 3 more. Of course we talk to anyone who wants to hear about Jesus.
5. Unexpected events occur and that is what happens when one let's Jesus direct our activitIes.
Today we decided to visit this 48 yr old mechanic to whom we gave a Christmas basket 2 months ago. HE welcomed us positively. Come to find out since Christmas his kidneys are failing. We prayed for him and he and his wife accepted the Lord. He asked for a New Testament not the Koran. Interesting when life is at stake.
Please pray and have your contacts to pray for ZAFER that the Lord will restore his kidneys.
7. The team from Bulgaria is dynamic and we expect great things via joint operations agaInst Sata and in crease in the Kingdom of God. Thank you our friends for your support which allows us to do what we do in a country which is basically closed to the Gospel and we are reaching people who have never heard the Gospe.
Blessings to you and your family. Eddie brooks
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

Friends of ours forwarded this email to us and I felt it applied not only to me and chita but is apropos for many of my dearest friends whose lives are dedicated to the CAUSE and not the I,the Me,or the mine.

Therefore indulge me to pass this on for your perusal. These times have been hard for us and as we prepare to return to Bergama to straighten things out it will be strength for us. For it is all about HIM not I, me,mine, or thine or us. We are blessed to be able to serve the Lord in whatever capacity. I must remember this when I get down on myself

Ignore comments about me and chita but focus on Amos Riussell Wells narrative. We truly feel it is not for the I ,the me or the mine or the us but for HIM. Bergama is no vacation spot nor are any of the villages

We will send a more detail prayer agenda later.

thanks to our friends who enlighten us immeasurably and frequently.

Its the KINGDOM KINGDOM KINGDOM

eddi and chita

To: isarabdir@aol.com
Sent: 2/1/2012 9:32:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
Subj: RE: Lunch

Yesterday,Ed, as you were sharing your heart of gratitude to God for the
privilege of serving Jesus, I was deeply moved by your heart to labor for
Him and Him alone, taking no thought for yourself. Having you fresh on my
heart, this morning I read this devotion by Amos Russell Wells, an American
journalist (1862-1933), which to me seems to sum up your heart in a
beautiful way -- at least the way I heard you expressing yourself yesterday.

"Not to sit on a lifted throne, nor to rule superbly alone; not to be ranked
on the left or right in the kingdom's glory, the kingdom's might; not to be
great and first of all, not to hold others in humble thrall; not to lord it
over the world, a scepter high and a flag unfurled; not with authority, not
with pride, vain dominion, mastery wide -- nothing to wish for, nothing to
do -- not, in short, to be ministered to!

Ah, but to minister! Lowly to sup with the servant's bread and the servant's
cup; down where the waters of sorrow flow; full-baptized in the stream of
woe; out where the people of sorrow are, walking brotherly, walking far;
known to bitterness, known to sin, to the poor and wretched comrade and kin;
so to be helper, the last and the least serf in the kingdom, slave at the
feast; so to obey, and so to defer, and so, my Savior, to minister. Yes,
for never am I alone: this is Thy glory and this is Thy throne. Infinite
Servant, well may I be bondman and vassal and toiler -- with Thee."

P.S. Amos Wells wrote a lot of poetry, some prose and a few hymns -- he was
an ambassador for the Savior.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

-----Original Message-----
To: isarabdir
Sent: Tue, Jan 3, 2012 9:41 am
Subject: Fwd: Christmas Baskets for Bergama 2011

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

Date: January 3, 2012 9:23:07 AM PST
To: isarabdir@aol.com
Subject: Christmas Baskets for Bergama 2011

Dear brothers and sisters thank you for your prayers and support. Below
data represents what we spent to do our job over Christmas in Bergama
and surrounding villages where 17 souls prayed the sinners prayer.

We believe we benefitted as much as the recipients of the gifts. I
personally was blessed in an indescribable manner with joy.

We believe in accountability. Thus this report.

Following is the financial data for the Christmas Basket Program

Sis Yolanda sent me $8000 for purchases related to the Christmas
Baskets.
Following are the purchases. We paid in Lira so we are listing only the
number
of items we bought. We were blessed by a good rate of exchange and a
gracious
store manager.
We bought and distributed these items sometimes 25-30 miles apart and
out in the boondocks where the shepherds are grazing their sheep and
some sleeping in places where they had no place to lay their head. The
ID with Jesus is similar so there was greater appreciation than in the
states.

Bought 97 Christmas Baskets(heaping full )items below was separate
from
box.
Bought 96 Chickens
Bought 96 packages of mince meat
Bought 96 1/2 pounds of cheese
Bought 96 bags of variety of fresh fruit
Bought 192 loaves of bread

There were admin expenses for the team such as food and gas.
Christmas fund
dollars were not used for hotel expenses, rental car expenses, air fare
expenses. We ourselves paid these costs.

I am returning $1400 to the Christmas fund at COGWM under the 001
account. This
memo if you approve this report authorizes Sis Yolanda to transfer
$1400 from my
personal account 065-0462 to the Christmas Basket account
065-0462-001. I will
retain remaining lira for our use. This action is to separate our
expenses from
those devoted to the Christmas Baskets. Accountability......

Submitted in the precious name of Jesus who came to save Muslims and
gypsies.

Blessings

Eddie Brooks

Participants in distribution of Christmas Baskets

Pastor Ramon Briones

Hristo and Pavlina

eddie and chita Brooks

PS. Although we are back we are planning our Easter trip to the same
people who are anxiously awaiting our return

Sent from my iPad
O
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:49 pm

brothers and sisters who are praying for us. We have another prayer group in Istanbul who has a problem. It seems the devil is after all of us. Workers in Turkey have a difficult time carrying the Gospel

Please pray for the prayer group noted below that the Lord will give them victory

Let me start with" Lord Jesus break all chains that prevent this ministry from sharing the Gospel. amen and amen"

Thank you.

eddie brooks

Brothers and sisters,

Our ministry center has been padlocked for a week now. Everyone who know the issue technically says the municipality is doing an injustice act against us. It’s clearly an double standard action.

I have been trying to reach someone who has authority over those who padlocked the place but I haven’t been successful so far. Trough a friend, I was able to get an appointment for next Monday.

Unfortunately, what we are facing is a normal Christian life and ministry in Turkey. It’s a spiritual fight with many front-lines.

Could you please pray with us?

· Please pray for next Monday that we might be able to meet the right people and the Holy Spirit may backup us with his glorious presence.

· Pray that those who has the authority over the place, may release the permission and we might be able to use the place again next Monday.

· Pray that this event may glorify our God and Jesus Christ.

· Pray that this event may strengthen us member of our church in our faiths and walk with Jesus Christ and make us bold with Gospel.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:24 am

As an add on to this report 17 said the sinners prayer. Praise be to
God for His saving Grace.

I will be going now to Istanbul to seek those who want to talk about
the "Baby in the manger". the Lord has truly given me a new perspective
of Christmas.

Thank you Jesus

Eddie

Subject: Bergama Journey Report #9

Dear praying friends

We distributed 6 more Christmas baskets and 6 Christmas stockings.
Before we went to the meeting the forecast was heavy rains; I prayed
Lord you do miracles let the rain subside till the meeting is over.
Brothers and sisters the rain stopped and started again when the
meeting was over.

We were in fear of people not coming but they came-about 12 people.
After we told the story of Jesus birth along with scripture. Again they
identify with a baby born in a stable because they are poor and many
have similar living conditions.

After further discussions of his birth they smiled and I was shocked
that everyone in the room minus one said the sinners prayer and
accepted Jesus as Lord,Savior and God. even the man of the house who
had deferred a decision previously accept Jesus as under the same
condition as the rest of the people.

8 people got saved... Praise God . It was astounding. I could not
believe my ears. This has never happened to me. It was not the gifts
but the love of God,churches and people who supported this program
behind the gifts. Awesome my brothers and sisters

Thank you for all your support. This month We distributed 95 Christmas
baskets, 50
Christmas stockings and 12 baby blankets.

To God be the glory

Eddie,chit,Hristo,Pavlina and ramon
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next